Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Core of Teenagers to be Formed for a Developmental National Pool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core of Teenagers to be Formed for a Developmental National Pool.

Soon to be named SBP-BAP Executive Director Patrick Gregorio plans to assemble a core of teenagers in the formative age group for a developmental national pool.

Finally, we can now have a RP Young Mens Basketball Dream Team

This will be a good start for him

Hope this materializes and bears fruit in the future

From the collegiate leagues alone, we don't have a shortage of talent. The names Soc Rivera, Mike Gamboa, Elvin Pascual and Dave Marcelo immediately come into mind. In high school, Justin Chua and Arvin(?) Bringas are being groomed as future stars. And there are countless other ballers in the U.S., like Gian Chiu and Rey-Rey Parks.

I just hope no one among them turns into the next Ford Arao.
    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by JonarSabilano
      From the collegiate leagues alone, we don't have a shortage of talent. The names Soc Rivera, Mike Gamboa, Elvin Pascual and Dave Marcelo immediately come into mind. In high school, Justin Chua and Arvin(?) Bringas are being groomed as future stars. And there are countless other ballers in the U.S., like Gian Chiu and Rey-Rey Parks.

I just hope no one among them turns into the next Ford Arao.
      Dude, there's a couple of 17 y.o. high school wingmen also. Nico Salva, 6'3 of San Beda High and Joshua Webb, 6'3, of DLSZ

Then there's 14 y.o. Patrick Paredes...and get this, he's listed as a generous 6'6
      <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredJordanStopper
        Dude, there's a couple of 17 y.o. high school wingmen also. Nico Salva, 6'3 of San Beda High and Joshua Webb, 6'3, of DLSZ

Then there's 14 y.o. Patrick Paredes...and get this, he's listed as a generous 6'6
        I've heard of this Paredes guy. I think he was part of the Elite camp a few weeks ago out of Cagayan de Oro. There's also this 5'11" 13-year-old guy named Charles Angeles in Cebu.
        Keep running, big boy.

Comment

With these talents, we could start building our U20 Team that will compete in FIBA-Asia. Its very important at their early age that they are expose in international competition.
          ------------------------------------------------
          Sama Sama tayo manalo matalo...Smart Gilas RP TEAM

PapaRAc

Comment

I've heard of this Paredes guy. I think he was part of the Elite camp a few weeks ago out of Cagayan de Oro. There's also this 5'11" 13-year-old guy named Charles Angeles in Cebu.
            There is another young player, 12-13 years old, 6'0, plays all 5 positions, a good ball handler, and was MVP in a National tournament held recently... his surname is Bonleon, the son of an ex-PBA player.

Comment

Originally posted by ramonmagdalo
              There is another young player, 12-13 years old, 6'0, plays all 5 positions, a good ball handler, and was MVP in a National tournament held recently... his surname is Bonleon, the son of an ex-PBA player.

is he 12-13 yrs old???

as far as i know he is only 10 yrs old....

the competition is SMALL BASKETEERS OF THE PHILIPPINES.... which is sponsored by MILO... he came from ateneo, i'm a little confused if it is cebu or de davao....
              LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

It's likely that he's from AdDU. There's no Ateneo in Cebu.
                Keep running, big boy.

Comment

here in angeles city there is a high school who's playing in Angeles Univ. Foundation, he's height i think is 6'9", 15 or 16 years old. i forgot the name. he can run and dribble. i think FEU and UST already scouted this boy. i dont know what happen now. We have of lot of young talent here, mostly phil-am. but they are still young and raw, they need more exposure.

Comment

here in australia they have the australian institute of sport (AIS)

this is a school specifically for sports only..
                    you name it...swimming, soccer, bob sled, and yeah basketball.
                    they have a world class facilities...
                    that apply sport science sport medicine...

the way they do it is something i would like to see in the philippines...
                    ok maybe not all sport but something similar to what the AIS do in basketball terms..

lets say they build a 'world class' facility somewhere in baguio..
                    why there?? coz its above sea level and its a perfect place to train environmental wise...

and players have to be selected by a panel of coaches that they think will improve OR will need some help to grow as a player...

in here they eat, sleep and shit basketball...
                    there will be technical coaches like a
                    shooting coach
                    defensive coach
                    offensive coach
                    nutritionist (people overlook this one factor all the time, you cant eat balot all the time)

of course this is free for all student/players...
                    but they have to prove them self there...

well this wont be possible without the backing of the corporate's
                    coz like i said before money talks bullshit walks.

anyway this is just a dream...
                    if i win those american big ass lotto ill fucking fund it myself...

Comment

Originally posted by princejunar
                      here in angeles city there is a high school who's playing in Angeles Univ. Foundation, he's height i think is 6'9", 15 or 16 years old. i forgot the name. he can run and dribble. i think FEU and UST already scouted this boy. i dont know what happen now. We have of lot of young talent here, mostly phil-am. but they are still young and raw, they need more exposure.
                      Can you get the name of the guy? Is he a Fil-Am? Thanks in advance!
                      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Can you get the name of the guy? Is he a Fil-Am? Thanks in advance!
                        this guy is a full blooded pinoy, i've seen this guy many times eating fishball with his teammates outside school. im working in a hospital near the school. i'll try to get his name so that you'll have an idea about him. my friend says the guy already join FEU tamaraw junior team and they only hiding him, i dont know if it's true.

Comment

How about Ex-Pba Imports childrens

Stephen Howard who is 6'8-6'9 has a Pinay i hope he has a son....which will grow as tall or more taller than his dad

Darryl SMith has a pinay wife now in Cebu residing...Do they have children Darrly is 6'7.....

Comment

4 giants in the amateur training pool: samigue 6'10", Slaughter 6'11", Berame 6'8" , Devance 6'7"

48 cagers named to RP pool for SEA Games

By Joey Villar
                            Sunday, June 10, 2007

The BAP-Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas yesterday announced the formation of an all-amateur national pool tasked to keep the country’s domination of the Southeast Asian Games basketball competition.

Forty-eight players, mostly from the Philippine Basketball League, were named to the pool, according to SBP executive director Patrick Gregorio.

Jason Castro, JC Intal and Chico Lanete of Harbour Centre, Fil-Am Ryan Reyes and Samigue Eman of Henkel-Sista, Larry Roriguez of Dazz, JR Quinahan and Ronjay Buenafe of Burger King, Joe Devance, Marvin Cruz and Patrick Cabahug of Toyota Balintawak, Jeff Chan of Magnolia and Ken Bono, Doug Kramer and Macky Escalona of CL Pera Padala are among PBL players in the list of candidates for the RP team going to battle in the SEA Games slated Dec. 6-16 in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand.

The collegiate players in the pool are Jervy Cruz, Jojo Dunil and Dylan Ababou of Santo Tomas, Marcy Arellano, Kelvin Gregorio and Mark Borboran of University of the East, Rico Maeirhofer and JV Casio of La Salle, Yousif Aljamal of San Beda, Rino Berame of University of Visayas and 6-foot-11 Fil-Am Gregory Slaughter of Cebu.

Harbour Centre owner Mikee Romero was named project director with Junel Baculi the head coach, Louie Alas assistant coach and Jorge Gallent consultant.

“It’s just the start, the best has yet to come,” said Gregorio in a press briefing attended by Romero, Baculi and PBL chairman Gil Angeles of Toyota.

Romero, who also bankrolled RP’s successful campaign in the Southeast Asian Champions Cup in Indonesia last April, pledged P10 million to fund the Nationals’ campaign in the biennial, 11-nation meet.

“It’s my personal goal to win the SEA Games gold so I’m putting P10 million to this project,” Romero said.

The PBL is also devoting one conference for the team. This means the league will not be having a regular season-closing tournament and instead will hold an invitational meet that would allow the RP squad to field in a squad.

“The league is sacrificing one conference to help our national team prepare for the SEA Games,” Angeles said.

Baculi said it’s important to form the team and start the preparation now instead of coming up with a squad late and cramming in the tournament proper.

Baculi, however, stressed that those who are not in the list can still make it since some “shoo-ins” might not make the team because they might apply for the PBA draft on June 30, the same date they will trim the list to 30.

From 30, Baculi will come up with the final 12-man roster in August.

“It’s better to prepare early than cram,” said Baculi.
                            =========================================
                            Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by pachador
                              4 giants in the amateur training pool: samigue 6'10", Slaughter 6'11", Berame 6'8" , Devance 6'7"

48 cagers named to RP pool for SEA Games

By Joey Villar
                              Sunday, June 10, 2007

The BAP-Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas yesterday announced the formation of an all-amateur national pool tasked to keep the country’s domination of the Southeast Asian Games basketball competition.

Forty-eight players, mostly from the Philippine Basketball League, were named to the pool, according to SBP executive director Patrick Gregorio.

Jason Castro, JC Intal and Chico Lanete of Harbour Centre, Fil-Am Ryan Reyes and Samigue Eman of Henkel-Sista, Larry Roriguez of Dazz, JR Quinahan and Ronjay Buenafe of Burger King, Joe Devance, Marvin Cruz and Patrick Cabahug of Toyota Balintawak, Jeff Chan of Magnolia and Ken Bono, Doug Kramer and Macky Escalona of CL Pera Padala are among PBL players in the list of candidates for the RP team going to battle in the SEA Games slated Dec. 6-16 in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand.

The collegiate players in the pool are Jervy Cruz, Jojo Dunil and Dylan Ababou of Santo Tomas, Marcy Arellano, Kelvin Gregorio and Mark Borboran of University of the East, Rico Maeirhofer and JV Casio of La Salle, Yousif Aljamal of San Beda, Rino Berame of University of Visayas and 6-foot-11 Fil-Am Gregory Slaughter of Cebu.

Harbour Centre owner Mikee Romero was named project director with Junel Baculi the head coach, Louie Alas assistant coach and Jorge Gallent consultant.

“It’s just the start, the best has yet to come,” said Gregorio in a press briefing attended by Romero, Baculi and PBL chairman Gil Angeles of Toyota.

Romero, who also bankrolled RP’s successful campaign in the Southeast Asian Champions Cup in Indonesia last April, pledged P10 million to fund the Nationals’ campaign in the biennial, 11-nation meet.

“It’s my personal goal to win the SEA Games gold so I’m putting P10 million to this project,” Romero said.

The PBL is also devoting one conference for the team. This means the league will not be having a regular season-closing tournament and instead will hold an invitational meet that would allow the RP squad to field in a squad.

“The league is sacrificing one conference to help our national team prepare for the SEA Games,” Angeles said.

Baculi said it’s important to form the team and start the preparation now instead of coming up with a squad late and cramming in the tournament proper.

Baculi, however, stressed that those who are not in the list can still make it since some “shoo-ins” might not make the team because they might apply for the PBA draft on June 30, the same date they will trim the list to 30.

From 30, Baculi will come up with the final 12-man roster in August.

“It’s better to prepare early than cram,” said Baculi.
                              huwaat!! i think 10 marquee players will be removed.... namely intal,quinahan,bono,castro,chan, lanete, cruz etc... i'm not xur abt devance.... but still a competitive team.. now slaughter's training w/ this amateur team willbe great... and also eman... i hope for the best!!!
                              LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information