PDA

View Full Version : 24th FIBA-Asia Championship [Jul 28-Aug 5 Japan]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

mikepogi
07-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Chinese is taking the FIBA Asia to lightly. They are sending boys when they should be sending men. The way I see, based from the team's performance in the Jones Cup and Manila Invitational, its Jordan who's cruise by to the next round, while its a battle between Iran, RP, and China for the remaining slot in the first round of FIBA-Asia. Hey I am not goin to be suprised if they finished 0-3 in their bracket.

saints13
07-14-2007, 04:28 PM
those Chinese Boys are soon to be the main men of the National Team of PROC.. the way I see it, there is nothing wrong with what they're sending.. It's a message that they are so dominant that even this kids can play at a men's level. soon enough they'll be China's next big thing for sure.

thugpinoy
07-14-2007, 08:15 PM
I think Lebanon has nothing to hide against the other NT's.
after the Lebanon's big win against France in last year's WBC. other NT's now know who is the man to look after. and what type of play they are executing. even if they have a new coach, they will still rely on their old system.
for the RP NT and the other NT's.. just hold back Fadi El Khatib for less than 18 points and you're in good chance.
________
Ford fe engine specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_FE_engine)

thugpinoy
07-14-2007, 08:26 PM
those Chinese Boys are soon to be the main men of the National Team of PROC.. the way I see it, there is nothing wrong with what they're sending.. It's a message that they are so dominant that even this kids can play at a men's level. soon enough they'll be China's next big thing for sure.

that way i see it, These Chinese feels that their China Team A are in a world caliber level now, way way far now in the Asian level of Basketball, thats way they are sending their New/Young talents for exposure and experience. and there is no need for the China Team A to play for the FIBA Asia because they are already seeded in the Olympics, thats why those Team A Players are in the US for a series of Games.
________
Marijuana Trichomes (http://trichomes.org)

Fenqing
07-15-2007, 03:35 AM
China will not be the first team to participate in this competition, so that no one is invincible team in the competition.

In all probability the team championship:

No. 1 seed : Jordan,
No. 2 seed : South Korean
No. 3 seed : Philippines
No. 4 seed : Lebanon
No. 5 seed : Qatar,
No. 6 seed : Iran
No. 7 seed : China 2 team
No. 8 seed : Japanese
No. 9 seed : Chinese Taipei
No. 10 seed : Kazakhstan

jushaphy
07-15-2007, 03:46 AM
PERFORMANCE PERSPECTIVE:

between PHILIPPINES/LEBANON (men,both are sooooo tough!)

meloy
07-15-2007, 03:53 AM
China will not be the first team to participate in this competition, so that no one is invincible team in the competition.

suggestion: you can make it a poll? just click options... then it will be more exciting thread....

saints13
07-15-2007, 03:58 AM
J.R. obtains citizenship, to play for national team
July 14, 2007
source: asia-baset JPN

http://www.nfl.com/u/photos/madness98/Hendersonbig.jpg
JR Henderson Naturalized by Japan NT to be officially named as Sakuragi

In a shocking development, 6-year JBL veteran center J.R. Henderson (206-F-76, agency: Paris Global Sports, college: UCLA) of the Aisin Sea Horses obtained Japanese citizenship last week and will suit up for the Japanese national team when they play in the upcoming FIBA Asia Championship from 7/28-8/5 in Tokushima prefecture. This tournament is the 2008 Beijing Olympic qualifier which means that the winner of the tournament will earn the right to represent Asia in the 2008 Summer Olympics along with the host country China.

Henderson, the former UCLA standout who was a member of the 1995 NCAA Championship team and played for the Vancouver Grizzlies of the NBA in the 1998-99 season, will be known as "Sakuragi J.R." from now on. His addition to the national team will no doubt boost Japan's chances of winning the tournament. Henderson had been working on obtaining Japanese citizenship for quite some time and it finally came to fruition last week. It'll be interesting to see how far Henderson/Sakuragi can take the Japanese national team.

meloy
07-15-2007, 05:18 AM
Lebanon:Joe Vogel
Syria: Correa and i forgot the other one(farhat???? or its the same correa)
JOrdan: Wright
and so on....
and now JApan with SAKURAGI JR. henderson
other teams are recruiting foreign players to beef their teams....

the PHILIppines? nah... we dont need them besides naturalization is a very long process.... sample if we will recruit ROB PArker, DAvon HArp, AL Segova,
by the time they are pinoy citizen... they have 20% discount on medicines, fare, etc... awwwwww SENIOR CITIZENS ALREADY....

thats the Pinoy way.

Projectspeed
07-15-2007, 05:28 AM

naaaaah:D
Philppines should be seeded no. 10:D
Philippine NT is the underdog here:D
beating the other 9 teams will be an upset for Philippine NT:D

saints13
07-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Lebanon:Joe Vogel
Syria: Correa and i forgot the other one(farhat???? or its the same correa)
JOrdan: Wright
and so on....
and now JApan with SAKURAGI JR. henderson
other teams are recruiting foreign players to beef their teams....

the PHILIppines? nah... we dont need them besides naturalization is a very long process.... sample if we will recruit ROB PArker, DAvon HArp, AL Segova,
by the time they are pinoy citizen... they have 20% discount on medicines, fare, etc... awwwwww SENIOR CITIZENS ALREADY....

thats the Pinoy way.

we don't need to naturalize players :D

nagagawaan naman nila ng paraan na palabasing Pinoy kahit hindi mukhang pinoy, LOL..iba talaga ang Pinoy. :D

translation:
there are RP NT players who look like naturalized already. :)

saints13
07-15-2007, 06:26 AM
suggestion: you can make it a poll? just click options... then it will be more exciting thread....

no excitement at all with this kind of question on the thread..majority of active members are Filipinos and they will vote for Philippines for sure.. :)

apiSigbinz
07-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Philippines!!! i'm not being biased here... :D :D :D

donmar
07-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Philippines or Lebanon... the Manila Invitational Cup final could be a preview of the Asian Championship finals

TechSupport
07-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Well we can say that lebanon and phillippines are both winning games.....Lebanon won against Venezuala and France in the WBC last year while philippines is winning on division 2 NCAA teams , i wonder who would win in a bball game , an NCAA division 2 team or France NT ? common philippines play some real warm up games not against division 3 and bryon russel(980 yrs old) teams :)
yeah right. :p

TechSupport
07-15-2007, 12:44 PM
yes philippines ur a very strong team with experience u have earned 2 silver medals in asia championship in the last 5 years and 2 wins at WBC last year....oh sorry that was lebanon :) but to be honest ur win against the NCAA 2nd division team is very impressive !!! watch out teams , not only in asia but all over the world hehe :p with 6'9" center asi and 6'3" power forward i dont no wat his name is , philippines are beasts under the basket
this one is funny. :p

4 wins in 5 games against lebanon. the only loss is a hail-mary-a-la-hoy-lucky-three-point-shot.

those 6'3" power forwards were really a beast under the basket. they are doing alley-oop dunks the entire jones cup tourney and also in manila invitational.

have you met our 5'11" shooting guard with a tear drop shot?

how about our 5"7' point guard who's making the 7 footer naturalized american look like a scarecrow?

:p

apiSigbinz
07-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Philippines or Lebanon... the Manila Invitational Cup final could be a preview of the Asian Championship finals

naaah... i think Lebanon is overrated! i wouldn't be surprised if Taiwan will repeat their win over them in FIBA... :D

igorotski
07-15-2007, 01:00 PM
yes philippines ur a very strong team with experience u have earned 2 silver medals in asia championship in the last 5 years and 2 wins at WBC last year....oh sorry that was lebanon but to be honest ur win against the NCAA 2nd division team is very impressive !!! watch out teams , not only in asia but all over the world hehe with 6'9" center asi and 6'3" power forward i dont no wat his name is , philippines are beasts under the basket

this one is funny. :p

4 wins in 5 games against lebanon. the only loss is a hail-mary-a-la-hoy-lucky-three-point-shot.

those 6'3" power forwards were really a beast under the basket. they are doing alley-oop dunks the entire jones cup tourney and also in manila invitational.

have you met our 5'11" shooting guard with a tear drop shot?

how about our 5"7' point guard who's making the 7 footer naturalized american look like a scarecrow?

:p

if im not wrong, this was posted long ago when we still looked like noisy barking dogs .

but we already proved ourselves in recent tourneys so no need for us to mind age-old posts.

our decent 3rd-place finish in Jones Cup and winning the gold here in Manila made us earn respect i guess.

karim
07-15-2007, 01:18 PM
hmmmmm i dt even remember posting this must,ve been like 3 or 4 months ago but 1 thing i can say about philippines is that their strength is against lebanon but can they reach the semis to play against lebanon ? cuz they seem to lose against mediocre and bad teams like losing 4 in a row against kazakhaztan

manu_bol
07-15-2007, 01:33 PM
hmmmmm i dt even remember posting this must,ve been like 3 or 4 months ago but 1 thing i can say about philippines is that their strength is against lebanon but can they reach the semis to play against lebanon ? cuz they seem to lose against mediocre and bad teams like losing 4 in a row against kazakhaztan

kazakhstan is not really a bad team. they dominated qatar, egypt, USA in qatar invitational. it just happened they played bad early in the part of the jones cup (because of the loss of a team mate and because the team came from a tough tournament). but during their last game, they really wanted to win. their motivation was greater than RP's motivation, as RP relaxed a bit after 3 straight wins over strong teams.

before this loss, all RP losses were close games. their weakness was basically that they can't maintain the lead and close out games. so if RP solves this weakness, they are likely to proceed to the semis in tokushima

jrb0yd
07-15-2007, 01:47 PM
not to mention rp is missing one key player in their lineup...

but when taiwan beat lebanon in jones cup, lebanon played their hearts out... both khatib and vogel played the whole game...

saints13
07-15-2007, 03:22 PM
kazakhstan is not really a bad team. they dominated qatar, egypt, USA in qatar invitational. it just happened they played bad early in the part of the jones cup (because of the loss of a team mate and because the team came from a tough tournament). but during their last game, they really wanted to win. their motivation was greater than RP's motivation, as RP relaxed a bit after 3 straight wins over strong teams.

before this loss, all RP losses were close games. their weakness was basically that they can't maintain the lead and close out games. so if RP solves this weakness, they are likely to proceed to the semis in tokushima

agree bro! :)

I believe Kazakhstan is a team bound to dominate Asia in the years to come :)

joel23
07-15-2007, 04:12 PM
click this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrB0NqRkZ7w

P.S. watch this at 8mins

joel23
07-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Here's the normal real Philippine NT level play at the start of 4th quarter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LGL9Z3NlDo

joel23
07-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Showtime!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Qjmw-PJeE

The Philippines NT look a like american brand of basketball of asia,. more slamdunk-jams!!! They're highflyer!

joel23
07-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Another Norwood finishes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CFARCXThwU

joel23
07-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Great pass by Norwood during collegiate day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am06C4TL4FU&mode=related&search=

VIPER23
07-15-2007, 05:03 PM
naaaaah:D
Philppines should be seeded no. 10:D
Philippine NT is the underdog here:D
beating the other 9 teams will be an upset for Philippine NT:D
Agree with u bro. Based on recent FIBA rankings we're at the bottom of the table. No pressure for our NT. With luck we might pull lots of upsets over these highly rank teams.:rolleyes:

"NEW BEGINNING FOR THE OLD SCHOOL"

psychopath
07-16-2007, 03:07 AM
@karim of lebanon

you looked at the RP team as a lowly team as if ur team lebanon is a great 99x one
lebanon is just a 2-man team (vogel, el-khatib), the way i see it at the jones cup and manila invitationals
and we all know vogel is a naturalized player, not even a fraction of lebanese blood flows in his veins

i admit lebanon's sudden rise in asian basketball is really fantastic
back in 2002, china is #1 and #2 is between RP and korea
i acknowledged el-khatib's skills which is exceptional
but lebanon's sudden rise in asian bball was when RP team was suspended, and when they had an american reinforcement in vogel
after those events, voila!!! their the team to beat next to china

but unlike china, these lebanese team is beatable
the vogel-el khatib tandem had a hard tym winning against RP team
they beat RP team in the recent jones' cup by a buzzer-beater 3 pointer
the final score was 84-87? and that final score was the first lead of lebanon in that game
in the manila invitationals, RP team has just proven that lebanon's jones cup win against them was just a fluke
RP team beat them twice in a row in the manila invitationals CONVINCINGLY
with lebanon always playing catch-up against the RP team

RP team only sends their professional team in international competitions when its worth sending (we dont really care in fiba asia, we care only now coz its price is an olympic slot)
so next tym, i hope you'll NOT evaluate our team based on the performance of the college players we've send in some international competitions

pachador
07-16-2007, 03:23 AM
for me all the asian powers from lebanon to south korea to china to philippines , etc have their strengths and weaknesses. in the end, it boils down to preparations, having outstanding players, luck, etc. may the best team win !

saints13
07-16-2007, 03:23 AM
i admit lebanon's sudden rise in asian basketball is really fantastic back in 2002, china is #1 and #2 is between RP and korea

ei bro, no offense, but I think there's no chance in hell that RP is placed as #2 together with South Korea. the only time Philippines played in 2002 with a strong showing was the Busan Asian Games (which is a non-qualifier to FIBA events), and they didn't even manage to win a medal, the host South Korea got gold, China got silver and Kazakhstan manage to win against Philippines to get the bronze.

since 2001, Lebanon was 2nd to China in FIBA Asia, and back in 2005 they were again the 2nd placer next to China and Qatar was 3rd place, so the 3 teams mentioned got a ticket to the World Basketball Championship 2006 in Japan. And from those time since 1999, the only 2nd team next to China was South Korea in 1999 and 2003, while having 3rd place finish next to Lebanon in 2001. The Philippines was nowhere to be found in FIBA Asian Basketball Championship standings. The last time Philippines got a place in FIBA Asia Championship was in 1985 at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, wherein Coach Ron Jacobs used naturalized players to beat China.

kindly check the history first, or else you'll piss other nationalities here. we should know where our basketball is at before we overrate our NT.

psychopath
07-16-2007, 04:02 AM
@china_team of china

well, you can do the bragging here about your NT
you have the bragging rights

but,

china dominates asian basketball because of their #1 superior size and #2 superior basketball program (they're a rich country, lolz)

but hey, my point is you really are supposed to dominate the asian region bec. of that superior size that you have or else i dunno wat to call your team if they failed to do so

THAT IS, china only owns asia bec. they are bigger (add to dat their bball programs)
when china faced teams with the same size as they are, they shrink and looked withered
they cant win when they dont have the HEIGHT/SIZE advantage

look at these people, in World Championships height advantage is never an issue, teams are well-matched when it comes to size
so, the better team wins
in Asian Championships, size is a big factor
its not the better team wins but more of the BIGGER team wins

sorry, but china can only beat teams which are undersized but when matched with teams of their same size (USA, Spain, Argentina etc...), they stink

thats why im proud of our RP team
our center which is mr. taulava is just 6'9 and our power forward mr. williams is just 6'5 but we still managed to beat teams with 7 foot centers and 6"9-6'10 PFs
we beat them not because of our size (definitely) but because we played better than them (more knowledge of the game)
i even remember instances where opposing teams outrebounded as but we still won the game

lastly, i think you are also the same chinese who asked "When did the Filipinos last beat China?"

but, let me ask you, "Have you won against team USA in your bball history?"

i have to ask this bec. china and RP are not matched in terms of size
but how about China and USA? Both teams are matched in size
how come china cant even win at least one game every decade against team USA

with all of that being said, i hope u learn some weaknesses of your NT
we filipinos own southeast asian basketball but we seldom brag that bcoz we know that's not our level of basketball and its not really that significant winning it

i hope you feel the same
owning asia should not be that very signifiant to china to the extent you insult other NTs, bcoz this is not your level of competition as far as size is concerned
if your team china wins at least a bronze medal at the 2008 olympics, then, thats something that you should be bragging here in asia and no one will stop you from boasting that achievement

donmar
07-16-2007, 04:22 AM
Agree with u bro. Based on recent FIBA rankings we're at the bottom of the table. No pressure for our NT. With luck we might pull lots of upsets over these highly rank teams.:rolleyes:

"NEW BEGINNING FOR THE OLD SCHOOL"

Every win we have in the Asian Championship would be an upsets... and we've been doing it for the last few weeks :D:D:D

psychopath
07-16-2007, 04:34 AM
ei bro, no offense, but I think there's no chance in hell that RP is placed as #2 together with South Korea. the only time Philippines played in 2002 with a strong showing was the Busan Asian Games (which is a non-qualifier to FIBA events), and they didn't even manage to win a medal, the host South Korea got gold, China got silver and Kazakhstan manage to win against Philippines to get the bronze.

since 2001, Lebanon was 2nd to China in FIBA Asia, and back in 2005 they were again the 2nd placer next to China and Qatar was 3rd place, so the 3 teams mentioned got a ticket to the World Basketball Championship 2006 in Japan. And from those time since 1999, the only 2nd team next to China was South Korea in 1999 and 2003, while having 3rd place finish next to Lebanon in 2001. The Philippines was nowhere to be found in FIBA Asian Basketball Championship standings. The last time Philippines got a place in FIBA Asia Championship was in 1985 at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, wherein Coach Ron Jacobs used naturalized players to beat China.

kindly check the history first, or else you'll piss other nationalities here. we should know where our basketball is at before we overrate our NT.

saints, ok...
i have my errors there bec. i didnt specify wat ranking i am talking about
but wat im citing there (the#2 ranking) is in the asian games 2002
i know its hilarious, "ranking in the 2002 asian games"

but hey, i wont be talking here of RP rankings in FIBA ASIA, of course, bec. i know for a fact that our PROFFESIONAL STARS do not participate in that tournament (i told you guys already that the only reason the philippines is participating now is bec. of that OLYMPIC BERTH!!!)

lebanon is ranked higher than us bec. they send their all-stars in fiba asia competitions unlike the RP team who doesnt really care to partipate in that event

the world knows lebanon is 2nd in asia
but the filipinos know otherwise

but are you believing on that ranking FIBA gave us???
you think its legit?
even japan is ahead of us i think in that way of ranking......

we beat that lebanon team (ranked#2) twice this month with el-khatib and vogel
and that african team of qatar (ranked#3), we beat them handily in jones' cup with their ace player MUSA playing for their team

if the world thinks that way of the RP team,
well its ok
let the RP team do the talking on the court in tokushima

manu_bol
07-16-2007, 06:11 AM
saints, ok...

but hey, i wont be talking here of RP rankings in FIBA ASIA, of course, bec. i know for a fact that our PROFFESIONAL STARS do not participate in that tournament (i told you guys already that the only reason the philippines is participating now is bec. of that OLYMPIC BERTH!!!)

lebanon is ranked higher than us bec. they send their all-stars in fiba asia competitions unlike the RP team who doesnt really care to partipate in that event

but are you believing on that ranking FIBA gave us???
you think its legit?
even japan is ahead of us i think in that way of ranking......

we beat that lebanon team (ranked#2) twice this month with el-khatib and vogel
and that african team of qatar (ranked#3), we beat them handily in jones' cup with their ace player MUSA playing for their team

if the world thinks that way of the RP team,
well its ok
let the RP team do the talking on the court in tokushima

me thinks that circa 2002, RP is 2nd or 3rd in asia. if there was a tournament in 2002 where all teams in asia participated at full strength, RP would have been 2nd or 3rd or 4th. we almost beat korea and korea beat china (with yao)... don't you think that performance merits us at least a 3rd place standing in 2002?

fiba ranking do not necessarily reflect the true strength of a team

psychopath
07-16-2007, 06:41 AM
me thinks that circa 2002, RP is 2nd or 3rd in asia. if there was a tournament in 2002 where all teams in asia participated at full strength, RP would have been 2nd or 3rd or 4th. we almost beat korea and korea beat china (with yao)... don't you think that performance merits us at least a 3rd place standing in 2002?

fiba ranking do not necessarily reflect the true strength of a team

your last statement is my point
i dunno why your telling me my point

daniab
07-16-2007, 06:54 AM
You never beat us in a official game till now.Rp wins lebanon 4 times in a friendly games .

bolabasket
07-16-2007, 07:07 AM
All games between Philippines and Lebanon are always humdingers...you'll never know who's gonna win until the final minute. Just that Philippines came out the winner in recent games. Nevertheless, both teams are really even and only the breaks of the game will decide the winner at the end....

manu_bol
07-16-2007, 07:41 AM
your last statement is my point
i dunno why your telling me my point

im not contradicting you, bro...

i was merely supporting your views...

:D :D :D

apiSigbinz
07-16-2007, 07:44 AM
You never beat us in a official game till now.Rp wins lebanon 4 times in a friendly games .

how can you call Manila Invitational Tournament a friendly games?!!! :D

manu_bol
07-16-2007, 07:45 AM

official or friendly, daniab, you just gotta accept the fact that RP is one of the strongest teams in asia...

it's not like if we play an official FIBA game against you, we'll just lose by 50 points!

igorotski
07-16-2007, 08:16 AM

official or friendly, daniab, you just gotta accept the fact that RP is one of the strongest teams in asia...

it's not like if we play an official FIBA game against you, we'll just lose by 50 points!

jus let our own teams do the talking on the court.

let's get it on!

jramoyo
07-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Lebanon didn't actually have a "sudden" rise in Asian basketball... they were always there... remember Elie, Merchantaf?

http://www.alamy.com/thumbs/3/%7BEAB81D0A-0794-4090-AD0D-D84348BFA47B%7D/A7W66K.jpg

The only reason why Lebanese Basketball was deemed as a stranger to many Filipinos was because the Philippines never had a chance to play against them--this is because we never really played in an ABC Cup before.

RP always played in the Asian Games, a tournament which Lebanon did not bother participating in.

Among the rest of Asia, Arab basketball as an organization is probably the closest to Europe... so kudos to the Arabs for a spectacular basketball program...

psychopath
07-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Lebanon didn't actually have a "sudden" rise in Asian basketball... they were always there... remember Elie, Merchantaf?

http://www.alamy.com/thumbs/3/%7BEAB81D0A-0794-4090-AD0D-D84348BFA47B%7D/A7W66K.jpg

The only reason why Lebanese Basketball was deemed as a stranger to many Filipinos was because the Philippines never had a chance to play against them--this is because we never really played in an ABC Cup before.

RP always played in the Asian Games, a tournament which Lebanon did not bother participating in.

Among the rest of Asia, Arab basketball as an organization is probably the closest to Europe... so kudos to the Arabs for a spectacular basketball program...

well, i see
now its clearer

lebanon does not participate in ASIAN GAMES while RP does
and RP does not participate in FIBA ASIA (just now) but lebanon does
thats why lebanon is ranked higher by fiba

european teams rely heavily on teamwork and ball rotation
lebanese team relies heavily on el-khatib and vogel
you know who's gonna take the shot on every possession

european teams are known for their outstanding shooting
qatar's african team's shooting is horrendous, they'll gonna beat you only on offensive rebounds and with their physicality

these two teams i mentioned do not use pick&rolls at all
pick&rolls are like bread and butter play in europe

i dont think their proximity to europe would make them play european basketball at all
more of european style are korea, taiwan and of course china

many of you here are so high about these arab teams
there's really nothing special about them aside from their naturalized players
i think korea, taiwan and RP has more of a future if only they could get a legit big man
if korea and taiwan's game can be more balanced, i mean not relying heavily on outside shots, they can be the team next to china

psychopath
07-16-2007, 10:46 AM

when did you last beat our ALL STAR team?
i have to ask, bec. as one filipino has said here, lebanon and RP rarely meets in international tournaments (only now)
and maybe the RP team that lebanon beat in your so-called "official game" are made up of collegiate stars

because as i see it in jones' up and manila invitationals, your team is the one having a hard time beating us, our ALL STAR TEAM

we rarely build an ALL STAR team for international tournaments (just now)
so check it out if the RP team that you're saying you beat in official games was our ALL STAR team

daniab
07-16-2007, 10:57 AM

No doubt man,Rp team is one of best now in the region.

daniab
07-16-2007, 10:58 AM
jus let our own teams do the talking on the court.

let's get it on!

Exactly

daniab
07-16-2007, 11:03 AM
when did you last beat our ALL STAR team?
i have to ask, bec. as one filipino has said here, lebanon and RP rarely meets in international tournaments (only now)
and maybe the RP team that lebanon beat in your so-called "official game" are made up of collegiate stars

because as i see it in jones' up and manila invitationals, your team is the one having a hard time beating us, our ALL STAR TEAM

we rarely build an ALL STAR team for international tournaments (just now)
so check it out if the RP team that you're saying you beat in official games was our ALL STAR team

where i said lebanon beat Rp team in a official game ??:confused:

saints13
07-16-2007, 04:28 PM
saints, ok...

but hey, i wont be talking here of RP rankings in FIBA ASIA, of course,
bec. i know for a fact that our PROFFESIONAL STARS do not participate in
that tournament (i told you guys already that the only reason the
philippines is participating now is bec. of that OLYMPIC BERTH!!!)
lebanon is ranked higher than us bec. they send their all-stars in fiba asia
competitions unlike the RP team who doesnt really care to partipate in that
event

but are you believing on that ranking FIBA gave us???you think its legit? even japan is ahead of us i think in that way of ranking...... we beat that lebanon team (ranked#2) twice this month with el-khatib and vogel and that african team of qatar (ranked#3), we beat them handily in jones' cup with their ace player MUSA playing for their team if the world thinks that way of the RP team, well its ok let the RP team do the talking on the court in tokushima

ei bro, no disrespect again. just for your info, so that you'll know what to say if somebody opened the issue about RP's FIBA ranking.it is simple arithmetic, there's a formula for computing it. I don't blame you for not knowing it. since Filipinos have this myth that we're still one of the best in Asia. but playing in your own backyard doesnt prove your claim. its like the old greece saying they're more dominant than persia without even trying to cross their borders. btw, Jones Cup and exhibition/tune-up games are not included in the scoring for the FIBA ranking.

we got a 2 year suspension because RP in the international basketball sucks
and the officials are so stupid by letting it happen for more than a decade,
and don't question why Qatar and Japan is ahead in Rankings, that is ecause
they have placed 3rd in recent FIBA Asia Championship twice. being proud
that Philippines is next to China and not knowing the fact that our RP Team
being sent to FIBA Asia is being clobbered by 40 to 50 pts.

FIBA recalculates its rankings for national teams each time a FIBA World
Championship, Olympic Games or a FIBA zone championship has concluded (like the FIBA Asia Championship).

Each FIBA or FIBA zone event is ranked and countries earn points for
finishing from first through 18th places. The gold medalist receives 50
points, silver is worth 40 and a bronze medalist country gets 30 points. The
fourth place finisher is awarded 15 points and each subsequent drop in
finish placement earns a country one less point. Therefore, the fifth place
finisher is given 14 points, sixth place gets 13 points, etc., through the
one point given to the 18th place. (btw, there are other points to be
accumulated, one of which is the olympics, no need to explain further)
btw, Malaysia being up to us in the latest FIBA rankings, is also legit,

since we are suspended and they won the SEABA cup, and SEABA is the only
source of points for the RP NT as far as FIBA rankings are concerned for the
last decade and a half. but, in the next FIBA ranking, I expect RP NT will
get a higher ranking. btw, it will take years before RP gets a respective
ranking, they really have to work for it.

ei, btw, I'm a Filipino but I respect those teams who deserve respect, and
we don't need to brag if RP NT will really do good in international
competitions.

we need not fear them because the current RP NT is capable of winning against any Asian team (although capable of losing too), but we need to
respect those guys, until RP has proven something really significant rather
than pocket tournaments like Manila Invitational and the Jones Cup.
and you're right, let the RP NT do the talking. :)

psychopath
07-17-2007, 12:21 AM
ei bro, no disrespect again. just for your info, so that you'll know what to say if somebody opened the issue about RP's FIBA ranking.it is simple arithmetic, there's a formula for computing it. I don't blame you for not knowing it. since Filipinos have this myth that we're still one of the best in Asia. but playing in your own backyard doesnt prove your claim. its like the old greece saying they're more dominant than persia without even trying to cross their borders. btw, Jones Cup and exhibition/tune-up games are not included in the scoring for the FIBA ranking.

we got a 2 year suspension because RP in the international basketball sucks
and the officials are so stupid by letting it happen for more than a decade,
and don't question why Qatar and Japan is ahead in Rankings, that is ecause
they have placed 3rd in recent FIBA Asia Championship twice. being proud
that Philippines is next to China and not knowing the fact that our RP Team
being sent to FIBA Asia is being clobbered by 40 to 50 pts.

FIBA recalculates its rankings for national teams each time a FIBA World
Championship, Olympic Games or a FIBA zone championship has concluded (like the FIBA Asia Championship).

Each FIBA or FIBA zone event is ranked and countries earn points for
finishing from first through 18th places. The gold medalist receives 50
points, silver is worth 40 and a bronze medalist country gets 30 points. The
fourth place finisher is awarded 15 points and each subsequent drop in
finish placement earns a country one less point. Therefore, the fifth place
finisher is given 14 points, sixth place gets 13 points, etc., through the
one point given to the 18th place. (btw, there are other points to be
accumulated, one of which is the olympics, no need to explain further)
btw, Malaysia being up to us in the latest FIBA rankings, is also legit,

since we are suspended and they won the SEABA cup, and SEABA is the only
source of points for the RP NT as far as FIBA rankings are concerned for the
last decade and a half. but, in the next FIBA ranking, I expect RP NT will
get a higher ranking. btw, it will take years before RP gets a respective
ranking, they really have to work for it.

ei, btw, I'm a Filipino but I respect those teams who deserve respect, and
we don't need to brag if RP NT will really do good in international
competitions.

we need not fear them because the current RP NT is capable of winning against any Asian team (although capable of losing too), but we need to
respect those guys, until RP has proven something really significant rather
than pocket tournaments like Manila Invitational and the Jones Cup.
and you're right, let the RP NT do the talking. :)

saints13, you seem to have a lot of knowledge about RP bball internationally
and i seem to know less (and thats true, i admire you for that)

but you dont have to bring into play that historical knowledge of yours to just refute my point

yeah i asked you in my last post "is the ranking legit?"
you seemed to looked at it, the word legit, too literally
hell, of course they earned it, the rankings
teams earned it as you say, the legal way

but when i say legit, is it really 99x true that japan, malaysia etc. should be ahead of us?
are they really 99x better than us?
i know its legal,
on how these teams are being ranked, but does the ranking really shows the true standing of the teams?

just for example, if michael jordan is injured for half of the nba season and just averaged 18ppg due to his injury and loss the mvp race to karl malone but the bulls recovered in the playoffs and won the championship with a healthy jordan in the playoffs

who do you think is the real MVP? yeah malone did get the MVP award the legal way, but jordan is the deserving right? the legit

lastly about that fiba suspension,
this is the time i want you to share your historical knowledge
when was our RP team beaten by 50pts in fiba asia? was that before our suspension? its crazy bec. the only team that can beat us by that large a margin is china, and i dont think fiba should be surprised with that

maybe that RP team you're saying that was beaten by 50pts are college stars? i wanna know wat kind of RP team is that and when
thnx

reamily
07-17-2007, 02:00 AM
Lets get it on Rp vs Lebanon in finals who will qualify who will win who gonna be the x-factor for lebanon we know lebanon a good team a go to guy and a good big man and a good guards a great defensive team a physical team while rp afast team and now a mixture of korean pinoy basketball where we took alot of 3's or i say phoenix suns type with no star players just pure team play anyone can explode great match

pachador
07-17-2007, 03:48 AM
i believe middle east is a rising power in basketball because of a combination of tall populations, increased popularity of basketball and money. Africa actually has a bigger potential but because most of africa is very poor, the middle-east will probably progress faster in basketball for the near-future.

the biggest obstacles to philippine basketball is the lack of a grassroots program unlike south korea and china which is only being remedied now, and a population of short people whcih has been overcome to a large extent by a fanatical following of basketball among filipinos, and the continuing supply of good filipino-Am players, but if basketball continues to grow in popularity in the middle east then we can expect stronger middle-east teams specially Iran which has a big an tall population. If i am correct, Lebanon has 'politics' interfering with the growth of lebanese basketball(daniab and karim can explain more about this)

andoks
07-17-2007, 04:07 AM
A good ranking is good, but it does not always spell victory. The Philippines has just proven that during the SEABA, Jones Cup, and Manila Invitationals.

I don't care what China or Lebanon says about the Philippine team, but this team has a good fighting chance against any team in Asia today, including China, Lebanon, Qatar, and South Korea.

No one is guaranteed to win the Fiba-Asia title, not the Philippines, not China, not anyone. The only guarantee is that China, win or loss, is a cinch to make it to next year's basketball olympics by virtue of its hosting rights.

But this is by far the best national basketball team we have formed for the ABC since the 1985 RP champion. This is the team I want to watch on TV and cheer with gusto because it is truly the best we have.

And if we lose, I believe it will be a close one, not necessarily to a better team, but to a team with better breaks and luck. And I can accept that kind of loss, if at all.

saints13
07-17-2007, 04:09 AM
saints13, you seem to have a lot of knowledge about RP bball internationally
and i seem to know less (and thats true, i admire you for that)

but you dont have to bring into play that historical knowledge of yours to just refute my point

yeah i asked you in my last post "is the ranking legit?"
you seemed to looked at it, the word legit, too literally
hell, of course they earned it, the rankings
teams earned it as you say, the legal way

but when i say legit, is it really 99x true that japan, malaysia etc. should be ahead of us?
are they really 99x better than us?
i know its legal,
on how these teams are being ranked, but does the ranking really shows the true standing of the teams?

just for example, if michael jordan is injured for half of the nba season and just averaged 18ppg due to his injury and loss the mvp race to karl malone but the bulls recovered in the playoffs and won the championship with a healthy jordan in the playoffs

who do you think is the real MVP? yeah malone did get the MVP award the legal way, but jordan is the deserving right? the legit

lastly about that fiba suspension,
this is the time i want you to share your historical knowledge
when was our RP team beaten by 50pts in fiba asia? was that before our suspension? its crazy bec. the only team that can beat us by that large a margin is china, and i dont think fiba should be surprised with that

maybe that RP team you're saying that was beaten by 50pts are college stars? i wanna know wat kind of RP team is that and when
thnx

ah sorry bro, I thought you don't believe in the FIBA rankings. I thought you doubt its legitimacy.

btw, we really won't know if the PBA players are better than the other Asian players unless they play international basketball, and that's what they are doing right now. PBA players don't deserve they are one of the best in Asia unless they prove it the legit way, which is to compete and win and not by assumption alone.

btw, to be realistic, let me share this facts with you.
know your facts too, try looking for these pages, RP in international basketball.you'll know who are the other asian players too, the stats are there, the win-loss cards are still fresh there.
don't argue with me on this one, this is not my assumption, these are facts.

source:www.asia-basket.com

Asian U20 2004
1st Round Group C
1.China. 3-3
2.Jordan 2-1
3.Malaysia 1-2
4.Philippines 0-3

16th ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 1991
Aug.22 - Sep.1, 1991 at Kobe, Japan
1. China
2. Korea
3. Japan
4. C. Taipei
5. DPR Korea
6. Iran
7. Philippines
8. Jordan
9. Saudi Arabia
10. Singapore
11. Hong Kong
12. Kuwait
13. India
14. Indonesia
15. Bahrain
16. Qatar
17. Malaysia
18. Sri Lanka

17th ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 1993
Nov.12-21, 1993 at Jakarta, Indonesia
1. China
2. DPR Korea
3. Korea
4. Iran
5. C. Taipei
6. Saudi Arabia
7. Japan
8. UAE
9. Kuwait
10. Jordan
11. Philippines
12. Indonesia
13. Hong Kong
14. Malaysia
15. Thailand
16. Singapore
17. Pakistan
18. Bangladesh

18th ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 1995
June 17-26, 1995 at Seoul, Korea
1. China
2. Korea
3. Japan
4. C. Taipei
5. Kazakhstan
6. Saudi Arabia
7. Uzbekistan
8. Kyrgyzstan
9. UAE
10. Iran
11. Kuwait
12. Philippines
13. India
14. Malaysia
15. Hong Kong
16. Thailand
17. Jordan
18. Indonesia
19. Sri Lanka

19th ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 1997
Riyadh, KSA: Sep.11 - Sep.19
1. Korea
2. Japan
3. China
4. Saudi Arabia
5. UAE
6. C. Taipei
7. Jordan
8. Iran
9. Philippines
10. Bahrain
11. India
12. Indonesia
13. Kazakhstan
14. Hong Kong
15. Bangladesh

ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 1999
Fukuoka, Japan August 24 - September 5
1. China
2. South Korea
3. Saudi Arabia
4. Taiwan
5. Japan
6. Kuwait
7. Lebanon
8. Syria
9. Uzbekistan
10.United Arab Emirates
11.Philippines
12.Bahrain
13.Hong Kong
14.Thailand
15.Malaysia

21st ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2001
July 20-28, 2001, International Gymnastic Center, Shanghai, China
1. China
2. Lebanon
3. S.Korea
4. Syria
5. Qatar
6. Japan
7. Taiwan
8. India
9. Uzbekistan
10. UAE
11. Hong Kong
12. Kuwait
13. Thailand
14. Singapore

22nd ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2003
September 23 - October 1, 2003
1. China
2. Korea
3. Qatar
4. Lebanon
5. Iran
6. Japan
7. Kazakhstan
8. India
9. Syria
10. Jordan
11. Taiwan
12. Kuwait
13. Hong Kong
14. Uzbekistan
15. Philippines
16. Malaysia

23rd ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2005
September 8-16, 2005 at Doha, Qatar
1. China
2. Lebanon
3. Qatar
4. Korea
5. Japan
6. Iran
7. Jordan
8. S.Arabia
9. Taiwan
10. Kazakhstan
11. Uzbekistan
12. India
13. Kuwait
14. Indonesia
15. Hong Kong
16. Malaysia

saints13
07-17-2007, 04:12 AM
But this is by far the best national basketball team we have formed for the ABC since the 1985 RP champion. This is the team I want to watch on TV and cheer with gusto because it is truly the best we have.

I really believe this is the strongest team the RP NT has come so far..hopefully, this will not be the last, and the RP NT will continue to get better and better.

DiegoClang
07-17-2007, 04:20 AM
ah sorry bro, I thought you don't believe in the FIBA rankings. I thought you doubt its legitimacy.

btw, we really won't know if the PBA players are better than the other Asian players unless they play international basketball, and that's what they are doing right now. PBA players don't deserve they are one of the best in Asia unless they prove it the legit way, which is to compete and win and not by assumption alone.

btw, to be realistic, let me share this facts with you.
know your facts too, try looking for these pages, RP in international basketball.you'll know who are the other asian players too, the stats are there, the win-loss cards are still fresh there.
don't argue with me on this one, this is not my assumption, these are facts.

source:www.asia-basket.com (http://www.asia-basket.com)

Asian U20 2004
1st Round Group C
1.China. 3-3
2.Jordan 2-1
3.Malaysia 1-2
4.Philippines 0-3

16th ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 1991
Aug.22 - Sep.1, 1991 at Kobe, Japan
1. China
2. Korea
3. Japan
4. C. Taipei
5. DPR Korea
6. Iran
7. Philippines
8. Jordan
9. Saudi Arabia
10. Singapore
11. Hong Kong
12. Kuwait
13. India
14. Indonesia
15. Bahrain
16. Qatar
17. Malaysia
18. Sri Lanka

17th ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 1993
Nov.12-21, 1993 at Jakarta, Indonesia
1. China
2. DPR Korea
3. Korea
4. Iran
5. C. Taipei
6. Saudi Arabia
7. Japan
8. UAE
9. Kuwait
10. Jordan
11. Philippines
12. Indonesia
13. Hong Kong
14. Malaysia
15. Thailand
16. Singapore
17. Pakistan
18. Bangladesh

18th ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 1995
June 17-26, 1995 at Seoul, Korea
1. China
2. Korea
3. Japan
4. C. Taipei
5. Kazakhstan
6. Saudi Arabia
7. Uzbekistan
8. Kyrgyzstan
9. UAE
10. Iran
11. Kuwait
12. Philippines
13. India
14. Malaysia
15. Hong Kong
16. Thailand
17. Jordan
18. Indonesia
19. Sri Lanka

19th ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 1997
Riyadh, KSA: Sep.11 - Sep.19
1. Korea
2. Japan
3. China
4. Saudi Arabia
5. UAE
6. C. Taipei
7. Jordan
8. Iran
9. Philippines
10. Bahrain
11. India
12. Indonesia
13. Kazakhstan
14. Hong Kong
15. Bangladesh

ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 1999
Fukuoka, Japan August 24 - September 5
1. China
2. South Korea
3. Saudi Arabia
4. Taiwan
5. Japan
6. Kuwait
7. Lebanon
8. Syria
9. Uzbekistan
10.United Arab Emirates
11.Philippines
12.Bahrain
13.Hong Kong
14.Thailand
15.Malaysia

21st ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2001
July 20-28, 2001, International Gymnastic Center, Shanghai, China
1. China
2. Lebanon
3. S.Korea
4. Syria
5. Qatar
6. Japan
7. Taiwan
8. India
9. Uzbekistan
10. UAE
11. Hong Kong
12. Kuwait
13. Thailand
14. Singapore

22nd ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2003
September 23 - October 1, 2003
1. China
2. Korea
3. Qatar
4. Lebanon
5. Iran
6. Japan
7. Kazakhstan
8. India
9. Syria
10. Jordan
11. Taiwan
12. Kuwait
13. Hong Kong
14. Uzbekistan
15. Philippines
16. Malaysia

23rd ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2005
September 8-16, 2005 at Doha, Qatar
1. China
2. Lebanon
3. Qatar
4. Korea
5. Japan
6. Iran
7. Jordan
8. S.Arabia
9. Taiwan
10. Kazakhstan
11. Uzbekistan
12. India
13. Kuwait
14. Indonesia
15. Hong Kong
16. Malaysia

No one can argue with those stats, but can i just ask you...what sort of team did the Philippines send for those tournaments? are they our A team or B,C.D or Z team?

donmar
07-17-2007, 04:24 AM
No one can argue with those stats, but can i just ask you...what sort of team did the Philippines send for those tournaments? are they our A team or B,C.D or Z team?

I would say its the B or C or D team from colleges or from amateur leagues... those players were brave boys playing against stronger men in the Asian Championships... eventhough they got wasted...

Don't blame the players... blame the Graham Lim and the BAP!

daniab
07-17-2007, 04:27 AM
If i am correct, Lebanon has 'politics' interfering with the growth of lebanese basketball(daniab and karim can explain more about this)

Not exactly,but here in lebanon a lot of politics problems and now we are in war hope they'll finished soon,so the basketball program develop slowly bcz these things (war,instability,...) and this year our NT being their pratice late bcz the situation in Lebanon.

saints13
07-17-2007, 08:26 AM

try looking for the asia-basket with those RP teams in the past, look at their composition and it will answer your question bro. :)

the fact that a team bannered the Philippine team in a FIBA Championships event, it is a national team. ok?the hell who cares what letter of the team the RP is sending.there is no such thing as team B, C or even Z if there is no team A.and the Philippines during those times don't have a continuous basketball program wherein you'll call the strongest team as team A and the next one is team B and the rest will follow, there's no such thing that existed in Philippine Basketball so far because all we have back then was sick basketball program and false myths telling Filipinos that "magagaling ang Pinoy, hindi lang natin pinapadala ang mga pinakamagagaling nating manlalaro kaya tayo natatalo" translation: Filipinos are good in basketball, we just don't send our best. e gagong katwiran yun, talo na nga may palusot pa, e kung gusto natin sabihin na magagaling ang Pinoy, e di ipadala ang mga pinakamagagaling, wag yun nagpapantasya lang tayo ng mga bagay na hindi naman totoo. that's my point, I'm not against our RP team, and I believe that the SBP and SMC-backed RP team we have right now is the best so far.

I'm just being realistic. there are links bro, try to research, the internet has a lot to offer about the RP NT.

jundakki
07-17-2007, 08:57 AM
daniab & khatib , just asking what channel in your home country they will televise FIBA Asia? tnx

budz17
07-17-2007, 09:00 AM
rankings, rankings, rankings, blah, blah, blah...

basketball games are not won or lost in the rankings, they are won on the basketball court. fans of other countries may look down on philippines basketball, but that is because they do not know much about us. rest assured, the basketball officials of these countries know philippines basketball and I'm sure they don't belittle us. they know that we have a proud basketball tradition, and that we have excellent players. they know that we will always be a threat. so what if fans of other countries don't expect much or do not fear us, it will be even more sweeter beating them...:D

arnoldt
07-17-2007, 10:23 AM
lebanon should worry about its player's partying so much in the Philippines.

are they allowed to go out here? if they are i am sure they wont have energy left come FIBA Asia.

daniab
07-17-2007, 10:58 AM
daniab & khatib , just asking what channel in your home country they will televise FIBA Asia? tnx

LBC channel

daniab
07-17-2007, 10:58 AM
lebanon should worry about its player's partying so much in the Philippines.

are they allowed to go out here? if they are i am sure they wont have energy left come FIBA Asia.

What you meant exactly in this post ??

igorotski
07-17-2007, 11:05 AM

he meant that leb players shudnt be hanging out too much like in clubs,bars,parties,etc. cus they wud lose energy.

anyways, i dont think so. those are more of relaxation unless they drink hard and dance 24/7 like hell.lol.:D

arnoldt
07-17-2007, 11:38 AM

it means you should try the nigth life here :D

psychopath
07-17-2007, 11:49 AM
try looking for the asia-basket with those RP teams in the past, look at their composition and it will answer your question bro. :)

the fact that a team bannered the Philippine team in a FIBA Championships event, it is a national team. ok?the hell who cares what letter of the team the RP is sending.there is no such thing as team B, C or even Z if there is no team A.and the Philippines during those times don't have a continuous basketball program wherein you'll call the strongest team as team A and the next one is team B and the rest will follow, there's no such thing that existed in Philippine Basketball so far because all we have back then was sick basketball program and false myths telling Filipinos that "magagaling ang Pinoy, hindi lang natin pinapadala ang mga pinakamagagaling nating manlalaro kaya tayo natatalo" translation: Filipinos are good in basketball, we just don't send our best. e gagong katwiran yun, talo na nga may palusot pa, e kung gusto natin sabihin na magagaling ang Pinoy, e di ipadala ang mga pinakamagagaling, wag yun nagpapantasya lang tayo ng mga bagay na hindi naman totoo. that's my point, I'm not against our RP team, and I believe that the SBP and SMC-backed RP team we have right now is the best so far.

I'm just being realistic. there are links bro, try to research, the internet has a lot to offer about the RP NT.

1) with regards to the team A, team B etc. that they were asking, i think what they're really trying to find out is whether we sent our PROFESSIONAL players to those competitions you posted or not.... dont be a concrete thinker
maybe this is wat they mean:

professional players= team A
college/amateur players= team B

i think this wat they're trying to imply even though our country has no such team as you said

2) secondly, i dont really think that we cand send our ALL-STARS everytime there would be a FIBA-ASIA CHAMPIONSHIP to improve our rankings bcoz for FILIPINOS PBA is bigger than that competition
filipinos would rather watch PBA than fiba-asia, filipinos would rather like to see their SUPERSTARS play in the PBA and electrify the courts than compete in fiba-asia
this is unless there is an olympic berth on the line in fiba-asia

as i've said on my previous posts, the only reason PBA tried to lift the suspension and try to participate in the FIBA-ASIA CHAMPIONSHIP is BCOZ of that OLYMPIC SLOT
and thats the main reason why the filipinos are in full support for the team

if you're here in the philippines, you know how big is the PBA for filipinos
especially the GINEBRA KINGS team
in this current conference wherein the PBA ALL-STARS were absent, i could say the pba lost its life temporarily
coliseums were rarely full and there were minimum excitement on the courts bcoz the superstars were out
and i dont think the PBA would like that, with all the potential big earnings that they'll have if the PBA STARS are playing here

thats the reason why i think this kind of bball program may not be successful in the philippines
bcoz the PBA is greater than FIBA-ASIA for us FILIPINOS

3) lastly, i dont think you have to call this a "gagong" argument: "RP loses bec. they dont send their SUPERSTARS."
i think this is a legit excuse
if other countries are on the same situation, that's the same excuse that you'll hear (say, if USA send their NCAA stars in the olympics and they lost)
its legit
then, you may ask: then why dont the PBA send their SUPERSTARS in international tournaments like this? the answer is in #2

dont lose your cool, man
thats why we are in a forum
its needless to use foul words, especially against your countrymen....

jundakki
07-17-2007, 01:14 PM
LBC channel

Tnx, Is this accessible thru streaming?

apiSigbinz
07-17-2007, 01:30 PM
1) with regards to the team A, team B etc. that they were asking, i think what they're really trying to find out is whether we sent our PROFESSIONAL players to those competitions you posted or not.... dont be a concrete thinker

i think this wat they're trying to imply even though our country has no such team as you said

2) secondly, i dont really think that we cand send our ALL-STARS everytime there would be a FIBA-ASIA CHAMPIONSHIP to improve our rankings bcoz for FILIPINOS PBA is bigger than that competition
filipinos would rather watch PBA than fiba-asia, filipinos would rather like to see their SUPERSTARS play in the PBA and electrify the courts than compete in fiba-asia

as i've said on my previous posts, the only reason PBA tried to lift the suspension and try to participate in the FIBA-ASIA CHAMPIONSHIP is BCOZ of that OLYMPIC SLOT

in this current conference wherein the PBA ALL-STARS were absent, i could say the pba lost its life temporarily
coliseums were rarely full and there were minimum excitement on the courts bcoz the superstars were out
and i dont think the PBA would like that, with all the potential big earnings that they'll have if the PBA STARS are playing here

thats the reason why i think this kind of bball program may not be successful in the philippines

3) lastly, i dont think you have to call this a "gagong" argument: "RP loses bec. they dont send their SUPERSTARS."
if other countries are on the same situation, that's the same excuse that you'll hear (say, if USA send their NCAA stars in the olympics and they lost)
its legit
then, you may ask: then why dont the PBA send their SUPERSTARS in international tournaments like this? the answer is in #2

dont lose your cool, man

i hear you dude.. maybe Saints was just too harsh on his words but he has valid points.. i hope we should stop bragging too much that we're the best or second best in Asia, that we'll whipped those Koreans ass or Lebanese or Taiwanese butts.. :D those are the days my man.. that's why SBP often quoted as saying reclaiming the lost glory.. fact is, in 2005, Lebanon was the second best in Asia earning a ticket to last year's World Championship which eventually beat Venezuela and Europe powerhouse France.. in Doha Asian games last year, Qatar, Iran and Jordan place 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively.. for more than a decade now, we have not beaten Koreans in Asian games when during the times of Fernanez and Jaworski, we simply beat the hell out of them.. sad but true, we are not anymore the Asian powerhouse we used to be.. what with the emerging basketball powerhouse Lebanon and Jordan.. that's why we should participate more in FIBA and all other international tournaments.. that's the only way we can reclaim our lost glory.. by doing so, we can raise our level of play to international standard, we get to size up more often our opponents and study their strengths and weaknesses.. i hope this FIBA in Japan will be the start of our more serious participation in their tourney.. because even if we'll not qualify in Beijing, as long as we'll continue our program, in five years time, we can reclaim that glory we used to have..

saints13
07-17-2007, 02:15 PM
well, that's really how I call it, gagong argument, and I'm not saying it against my countrymen, I'm just being objective here, because that argument has fooled a lot of Filipinos over a decade already, and if PBA is bigger than FIBA Asia, why the hell send a missionary team every four years just to beat China in the Asian Games, well in fact, Asian Games is a league that doesn't have the level of FIBA Asia that would qualify to other global tournaments, and if they fail, it will take another 4 years to regain the loss glory, is that how big the PBA to us Filipinos, or maybe the basketball officials are too stupid to hide the fact the PBA will lose its marketing value if it will compete and fail every year in the FIBA Asia. we're on an international forum that's why don't talk too much about the PBA, it is not in any way bigger than the FIBA Asia, if we're on the Philippine Forum, then let's talk as if PBA is the best, but we're on a different venue here. check the title of the thread. our arguments won't meet bro, I'm stating facts and you are stating fantasy, you're disregarding the facts I'm stating.

saints13
07-17-2007, 02:44 PM

its legit

dont lose your cool, man

ei bro, tnx for enumerating your points. I'd apreciate answering them by the numbers too. :)

1. the Philippines only have teams for such events then poof, the team will be disbanded after the event, then a team will be formed weeks before the event, then poof there it goes again not until the Cebuana-Lhullier RP team was formed. you see, you can't label a team A or B or whatever greek alphabet alpha or omega, the point is, you see the PBA players time and again in the PBA, and everytime they form a team to compete internationally, they make a buzz. no need to ask if those teams in FIBA Asia were professional players, have you heard of a PBA squad being formed to compete in FIBA Asia since the late 80's up to the early 21st century? the question is really immaterial.

2. one fact that we Filipinos should know is that the PBA is not only Basketball+Entertainment, it is also a Business, while FIBA Asia is a competition to know who's the best in Asian Region. and if the PBA sends its best players in the RP NT for FIBA Asia every year back then using their old calendar wherein season starts and ends at the same year, then the PBA will lose their best commodities every year. it is the biggest reason why the PBA can't commit in sending an all-pro team to the FIBA Asia, and that is why the PBA for the sake of commiting to the BAP agreed to form an all-pro squad every 4 years for the Asian Games. and in my opinion, changing the PBA calendar is really the best move to give way to FIBA Asia.

3.) a legit excuse is synonymous to an alibi, nobody can brag about alibis.
you can afford to lose if you always have an alibi ready to the media, and that's why the Philippines afforded to lose and not getting past the 7th place for a decade in FIBA Asia, because of those alibis. it's really a gagong argument, because why air those alibis after your team losses. example: during those times, China and Korea always ends up being in the Finals in FIBA Asia and even in the Asian games, then here came the Filipinos saying, we have an alibi, we lost because we sent an inferior team, then why not send the best team and avoid making those alibis. :)

you see bro, I'm cool. I used the word gago describing the argument, and not to any of my countrymen. and btw, you mentioned we're in a forum, we're in the Asian Leagues and Players forum and the thread is about FIBA Asia, we should look at basketball in an international perspective, not within our backyards alone.

BURATIN
07-17-2007, 02:52 PM
ang hahaba ng posts ninyo nakakatamad basahin bwahahaha:D :D :D :D :D

translation: hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe:p :p :p :p :p :p

manu_bol
07-17-2007, 04:21 PM
"e di ipadala ang mga pinakamagagaling, wag yun nagpapantasya lang tayo ng mga bagay na hindi naman totoo"

what's actually your basis for truth? the fiba rankings? pinoys actually fantasize because we can only dream of PBA players competing against the best of asia in previous fiba tournaments. besides, di naman ganun kalayo sa totoo yung mga pinapantasya natin.
i myself imagine that our best could beat korea and lebanon and stay close with china.

if every country, including RP, sent its BEST players in the FIBA-asia competitions, RP would be very competitive against korea or lebanon. that in itself would merit at least a 2nd to 4th place finish in fiba-asia.

i'm not saying we are the best in Asia (China is) but at least we'll be very competitive against fiba 2001,2003,2005 2nd placers if we sent our best team.

again, i keep on stressing our near 2nd place finish in the 2002 asian games. we almost beat a team that eventually beat china. if not for that buzzer beater 3 from lee sang min, we could have been the 2nd best team in asia...

you don't need FIBA rankings to prove that..

macky
07-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Yah i know China B still heavily favored over Indo, India, THailand... I approx China B can win by 20-30points more over Indo & India.. China B is matchup with Syria...

China A is very Strong in Asia level like Philippines, Jordan, Korea, Iran, Chinese Taipei, Japan...

But the Philippines is in danger brackedted in Group A with fellow with Iran and Jordan... Jordan, recruited a naturalized from US is Raseim Wright is need to stop with veteran Ayman Dies, Zaid Al Khas & Moussa Basheer... Iran National Team, I approximate are favored in quaterfinals, beware of 7-5 HAmd Hadadi, Karam Ahmadian, Saman Veisi and most of all players are contribute... Iran i have 60-40 chances will have 3-0 or 2-1, Philippines' 3-0, 2-1 or 1-2, Jordan 2-1 or 1-2...

i think jordan is the strongest team right now in the upcoming fiba asia, that is... if china will send the team, that competed in the recent manila invitational.

khatib
07-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Because of China's poor showing in the just-concluded Manila Invitationals, the team will likely be reinforced by at least three more recruits from the 22-man national pool for the FIBA-Asia Championships in Tokushima on July 28-Aug. 5.

PBA commissioner Noli Eala said yesterday a ranking official of the Chinese delegation intimated there will be changes in the lineup for the Olympic qualifiers.

China enlisted four players from its national pool to combine with veterans from the Chinese league and standouts from the under-20 selection for the Manila Invitationals. Coach Adijian Chang Bin was visibly upset by the “B” team's last place finish.

It was the “B” team's first overseas appearance and exposed China as beatable in Tokushima. China posted a 2-2 record and lost a 90-85 decision to Syria in the battle for third place at the Big Dome last Sunday. The consolation was China won two of three elimination round games, beating Syria, 98-94, and host Philippines, 77-74.
China is bracketed with Jordan, Iran and the Philippines in Group A in the first round of eliminations in Tokushima.

Philippine coach Chot Reyes called it “the group of death” because every team has a chance to advance to the quarterfinals.

In the Manila Invitationals, China showed its vulnerability by ranking last in field goal percentage (.412), rebounding (36.7), field goal percentage allowed (.525) and fastbreak points allowed (16.8). The stats pointed to deficiencies on both ends of the floor.

“It wasn't mentioned who exactly will be the replacements but definitely, not their NBA guys,” said Eala, referring to Yao Ming, Wang Zhizhi, Sun Yue and Yi Jianlian. “I think the Chinese team will get a center, a power forward and a guard. But even then, they're still vulnerable.”

Eala said he was told the “B” team had hardly played together before flying to Manila. The consensus was the team appeared to be badly coached. Adijian, an assistant in Chinese national team coach Jonas Kaulauskas‚ staff, was assigned to call the shots for the “B” squad in Tokushima.

China is sending its “B” team to Tokushima because Kaulauskas is fielding the top squad in the Stankovic Cup on July 28-Aug. 2 in Guangzhou and Macau. Besides, there is no incentive for China to win in Tokushima because it is automatically seeded into the 12-team basketball tournament in Beijing next year as the host country.

But Eala said China will play for pride in the Olympic qualifiers. “With the lineup they played in the Invitationals, maybe even Jordan has a chance to beat China,” continued Eala. “I'm sure China will find it unacceptable to be eliminated in the first round.”

Among the national pool players who may be tapped to reinforce China in Tokushima are 7-foot center Tang Zhengdong, 6-5 guard Gong Songlin, Zhu Fangyu (200-F-83) and 7-1 center Zhang Song Tao. The four players are not in the “A” roster.

The “B” team that played in the Invitationals featured four national pool players - 6-2 Zhang Qingpeng, 6-4 Yang Ming, 6-7 Wang Yong and 6-6 Han Shuo but none averaged in double digits. The leading scorers were 6-11 Yi Li (15.3), 6-11 Zhang Kai (12.0) and 6-10 Li Ke (10.5). Li, 27, played on the Chinese squad that took the gold medal at the Asian Games last year.

Credits to Joaquin Henson/Philippine Star

saints13
07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
bro, no offense but kindly follow the posts between psychopath and me, your reply is out of context, you don't get the whole picture.

btw, if you were pertaining to me about your post, here is my reply.

what's actually your basis for truth? the fiba rankings?
there's no other basis for the truth but performance, and FIBA Rankings doesn't spell the magnificent performance that the current RP NT can deliver right now, so my answer is, there's no way in hell that FIBA Rankings can tell who will win games and who will not since that ranking is prior to changes depending to varied performances. the claims of the Filipinos of RP NT for being 2nd if not the best in Asia will simply be valid if and only if they win the FIBA Asia and not by those what ifs, assumptions and speculations alone. any team in Asia can have those what ifs, assumptions and speculations making it no other than a wishful thinking for all those who claim.

again, i keep on stressing our near 2nd place finish in the 2002 asian games. we almost beat a team that eventually beat china. if not for that buzzer beater 3 from lee sang min, we could have been the 2nd best team in asia...

you don't need FIBA rankings to prove that..

and to prove what? assumptions? speculations?

*feel free to disagree, I'll just have to stand on what I feel is more realistic

manu_bol
07-18-2007, 12:07 AM
we have a fair chance of beating the 2nd to 5th placers in the past fiba-asia championships... bro, that's not mere hallucination...

psychopath
07-18-2007, 12:27 AM
ei bro, tnx for enumerating your points. I'd apreciate answering them by the numbers too. :)

1. the Philippines only have teams for such events then poof, the team will be disbanded after the event, then a team will be formed weeks before the event, then poof there it goes again not until the Cebuana-Lhullier RP team was formed. you see, you can't label a team A or B or whatever greek alphabet alpha or omega, the point is, you see the PBA players time and again in the PBA, and everytime they form a team to compete internationally, they make a buzz. no need to ask if those teams in FIBA Asia were professional players, have you heard of a PBA squad being formed to compete in FIBA Asia since the late 80's up to the early 21st century? the question is really immaterial.

2. one fact that we Filipinos should know is that the PBA is not only Basketball+Entertainment, it is also a Business, while FIBA Asia is a competition to know who's the best in Asian Region. and if the PBA sends its best players in the RP NT for FIBA Asia every year back then using their old calendar wherein season starts and ends at the same year, then the PBA will lose their best commodities every year. it is the biggest reason why the PBA can't commit in sending an all-pro team to the FIBA Asia, and that is why the PBA for the sake of commiting to the BAP agreed to form an all-pro squad every 4 years for the Asian Games. and in my opinion, changing the PBA calendar is really the best move to give way to FIBA Asia.

3.) a legit excuse is synonymous to an alibi, nobody can brag about alibis.
you can afford to lose if you always have an alibi ready to the media, and that's why the Philippines afforded to lose and not getting past the 7th place for a decade in FIBA Asia, because of those alibis. it's really a gagong argument, because why air those alibis after your team losses. example: during those times, China and Korea always ends up being in the Finals in FIBA Asia and even in the Asian games, then here came the Filipinos saying, we have an alibi, we lost because we sent an inferior team, then why not send the best team and avoid making those alibis. :)

you see bro, I'm cool. I used the word gago describing the argument, and not to any of my countrymen. and btw, you mentioned we're in a forum, we're in the Asian Leagues and Players forum and the thread is about FIBA Asia, we should look at basketball in an international perspective, not within our backyards alone.

you got my point at #2
pba= business and entertainment
so its hard to take away their superstars to international competitions evry year, its like taking away their profit
i dont think that other countries are in the same situation coz they are regularly sending ther superstars in international tournaments

at #3
i think thats ur opinion, and thats ok
for me a legit excuse is that with a basis
you know the difference of level of play of the professionals to amateurs
and now you know why pba superstars aren't able to partipate in international tournaments in a regular basis

i think your belief of RP is just making excuses will end when they finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd in fiba-asia (thats when they use their superstars)
so, we better put an end to this "technically false ranking" thingy
lets just w8 for the tokushima competition
thnx for your nice replies though

taninf
07-18-2007, 06:16 AM
Well we can say that lebanon and phillippines are both winning games.....Lebanon won against Venezuala and France in the WBC last year while philippines is winning on division 2 NCAA teams , i wonder who would win in a bball game , an NCAA division 2 team or France NT ? common philippines play some real warm up games not against division 3 and bryon russel(980 yrs old) teams :)

yes philippines ur a very strong team with experience u have earned 2 silver medals in asia championship in the last 5 years and 2 wins at WBC last year....oh sorry that was lebanon :) but to be honest ur win against the NCAA 2nd division team is very impressive !!! watch out teams , not only in asia but all over the world hehe :p with 6'9" center asi and 6'3" power forward i dont no wat his name is , philippines are beasts under the basket

:D
juz wanna recall the posts that made my blood to boil!

jundakki
07-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Guys, have any info as to who will air FIBA-Asia games here in the Phils?

thugpinoy
07-18-2007, 08:10 AM
One thing for sure.. it'll be a good performance for the RP NT this coming FIBA Asia compare to the previous years. we'll see if the olympic dream will still be a dream..
________
GT550 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_GT550)

arnoldt
07-18-2007, 09:23 AM

ABC 5 for sure. dunno if Solar, or ESPN/Star Sports will cover it.

saints13
07-18-2007, 09:31 AM
i think your belief of RP is just making excuses will end when they finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd in fiba-asia (thats when they use their superstars)so, we better put an end to this "technically false ranking" thingy
lets just w8 for the tokushima competition thnx for your nice replies though

that's it bro! :)

you got what I meant, and if RP fails this time, we can really say that they did their best w/o any alibis, because they are already the best playing there.

saints13
07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
we have a fair chance of beating the 2nd to 5th placers in the past fiba-asia championships... bro, that's not mere hallucination...

I get your point, I do believe that the RP's best is competetive enough to beat any team in Asia, and even China. but I don't agree with the thought of being no. 2 in Asia by words alone. Its a simple thing we shouldn't argue about.

pinaghirapan ng ibang teams ng ilang taon yun mga panalo nila sa FIBA Asia, tapos yun Pilipinas na hindi naman nakakapagperform ng maayos e biglang magkleclaim ng no. 2 sila sa Asia dahil yun mga no. 2 sa FIBA Asia e kaya nilang talunin. the 2002 Asian Games is a thing of the past, it doesn't spell the stories of the 2001 to 2005 FIBA Asia. c'mon, I'm just being realistic.

translation:
it's unfair to look at it that way. they won and let's accept it, they earned it, being the second best in Asia, noting Korea and Lebanon. and when the Philippines gets its place in the FIBA Asia, then they'll have to respect it too, no what ifs and buts and other speculations too.

rycorpz
07-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Solar Sports and RPN 9

viperbravo
07-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Guys, question lang. How many countries will represent each continent in 2008 Olympics?

apiSigbinz
07-18-2007, 09:53 AM

basketball tv will air the first three games live

July 28

RP vs Iran at 5pm

July 29

RP vs China at 5pm

July 30

RP vs Jordan at 7pm

bolabasket
07-18-2007, 10:06 AM
bro, no offense but kindly follow the posts between psychopath and me, your reply is out of context, you don't get the whole picture.

btw, if you were pertaining to me about your post, here is my reply.

there's no other basis for the truth but performance, and FIBA Rankings doesn't spell the magnificent performance that the current RP NT can deliver right now, so my answer is, there's no way in hell that FIBA Rankings can tell who will win games and who will not since that ranking is prior to changes depending to varied performances. the claims of the Filipinos of RP NT for being 2nd if not the best in Asia will simply be valid if and only if they win the FIBA Asia and not by those what ifs, assumptions and speculations alone. any team in Asia can have those what ifs, assumptions and speculations making it no other than a wishful thinking for all those who claim.

and to prove what? assumptions? speculations?

*feel free to disagree, I'll just have to stand on what I feel is more realistic
If a country continues to send its "C" or "D" Teams in major events and loses games, it will fall in the FIBA rankings...the rankings are based not on the quality of the country's national basketball team, but how the team performs in FIBA-sanctioned tournaments. The Philippines has been considered a powerhouse in Asian basketball from way back but since it began sending mediocre teams (of Graham Lim) in major FIBA tournaments where it is constantly LAUGHED AT AND HUMILIATED by other Asian NTs, our FIBA ranking suffered....India(#46), Malaysia(#52), Hongkong(#50), and Kuwait(#44) even ranked ahead of RP.

rycorpz
07-18-2007, 10:13 AM
If a country continues to send its "C" or "D" Teams in major events and loses games, it will fall in the FIBA rankings...the rankings are based not on the quality of the country's national basketball team, but how the team performs in FIBA-sanctioned tournaments. The Philippines has been considered a powerhouse in Asian basketball from way back but since it began sending mediocre teams (of Graham Lim) in major FIBA tournaments where it is constantly LAUGHED AT AND HUMILIATED by other Asian NTs, our FIBA ranking suffered....India(#46), Malaysia(#52), Hongkong(#50), and Kuwait(#44) even ranked ahead of RP.
oh I see so that's why our achievements of the past tarnished, diminished our FIBA ranking. No thanks to Graham Lim ( I hope Supreme Court or International Court sentence him to death )

saints13
07-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Guys, question lang. How many countries will represent each continent in 2008 Olympics?

4 from Europe
3 from America
2 from Africa
2 from Asia
1 from Ocenia (Australia vs. New Zealand)
4 Wild Cards? - I think there are 4 wild cards to be contested by runner-ups in the subzone qualifiers (I'm not that sure about this wildcard thing, I think I read it somewhere)

already qualified are host - China and WBC 2006 Champion Spain

jundakki
07-18-2007, 11:12 AM
basketball tv will air the first three games live
July 28
RP vs Iran at 5pm
July 29
RP vs China at 5pm
July 30
RP vs Jordan at 7pm

Tnx bro, but it was listed @BTV that it will be aired @7pm , so it is on delayed basis...

http://www.solar-entertainment.com/registration/uploads/july_btv_grid.pdf

saints13
07-18-2007, 11:30 AM
are there skeds in Sopcast? ESPN or Star SportS?

apiSigbinz
07-18-2007, 11:56 AM
are there skeds in Sopcast? ESPN or Star SportS?

try PPMATE... its like sopcast but with BTV channel...

dandreb_lim
07-18-2007, 03:49 PM
try this link.. and you can keep the file for your refence during the Fiba-Asia Championship tournament proper.. or make your own predictions now and compare it with the actual results starting on july 28, 2007..http://www.mediafire.com/?0104qbjd2fd

take your favorite team to Beijing Olympics..

karim
07-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Among the national pool players who may be tapped to reinforce China in Tokushima are 7-foot center Tang Zhengdong, 6-5 guard Gong Songlin, Zhu Fangyu (200-F-83) and 7-1 center Zhang Song Tao. The four players are not in the “A” roster.

This guy is showing off....Tang is in the A team he was with China in last year,s asian games and Zhu Fangyu is not just in the A team but also a starter in asian champion 2005 , WBC 2006 and also asian games 2006....he wants to impress asia in that China is so deep but their not really that deep especially compared to the size of their country..........

khatib
07-18-2007, 06:04 PM
This guy is showing off....Tang is in the A team he was with China in last year,s asian games and Zhu Fangyu is not just in the A team but also a starter in asian champion 2005 , WBC 2006 and also asian games 2006....he wants to impress asia in that China is so deep but their not really that deep especially compared to the size of their country..........

man the guy who's talking is philipino not chinese. and if those 4 players adds to china B with Li Ke and wang bo they will win the group A ,then I think it's open for the rest of the 3 ,the match form will determine who will win btw rp/ iran/jordan,no stats or history....

karim
07-18-2007, 07:25 PM
oh i thought he was a chinese showing off by saying he got 2 players from team B , i guess this pinoy doesnt really know what hes saying cuz zhu fangyu is the best chinese player after the NBA players(the 3 centers YAO,WANG AND YI)....i guess the chinese have the upper hand if they got this player especially that they have a huge height advantage even though they are pretty thin so they could be boxed out by taulava and pennisi we,ll just have to wait and see , asian championship is really exciting this year , yalla just 10 more days.......

thugpinoy
07-18-2007, 08:22 PM
4 from Europe
3 from America
2 from Africa
2 from Asia
1 from Ocenia (Australia vs. New Zealand)
4 Wild Cards? - I think there are 4 wild cards to be contested by runner-ups in the subzone qualifiers (I'm not that sure about this wildcard thing, I think I read it somewhere)

already qualified are host - China and WBC 2006 Champion Spain

3 from Asia..

1. China - the olympic host
2. ???? - Highest placed team in the FIBA Asia Championship excluding China
3. ????? - 2nd and 3rd highest placed team in the FIBA Asia Championship excluding China will go in the 2008 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men. This tournament will be played from 7th ? 13th July 2008 in a country and city still to be decided. FIBA will make this decision in December 2007.
so even if you fail to qualify this july, you still have a chance as a wildcard entry.
________
Life Saber Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/)

DiegoClang
07-18-2007, 10:18 PM
3 from Asia..

3. ????? - 2nd and 3rd highest placed team in the FIBA Asia Championship excluding China will go in the 2008 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men. This tournament will be played from 7th – 13th July 2008 in a country and city still to be decided. FIBA will make this decision in December 2007.
so even if you fail to qualify this july, you still have a chance as a wildcard entry.

about the wildcard tournament...since 2 teams will represent asia, then hypothetically, 4 asian teams can make it to beijing if the 2 teams make it to the top 4. Then again, this will be a very tough tournament as top teams from other federations will also participate.

DiegoClang
07-18-2007, 11:43 PM
I don't mean to look way ahead into the future, but this is my possible teams in Beijing:
China as host
Spain as world champion
1 from Asia (Philippines:D )
1 from Europe (Lithuania)
2 from Americas (US, Argentina)
1 from Oceania (Australia)
1 from Africa (Angola)
4 from Wildcard tournament (????)
12 teams in total will compete in beijing

Wildcard Tournament Possible teams
3 teams from Americas (could be Brazil, Puerto Rico, Venezuela?)
1 from Oceania (NZ)
2 from Asia (Lebanon, Qatar? )
2 from Africa (Algeria, Nigeria?)
4 from Europe (could be Greece, Italy, France, Serbia?)
The top 4 will qualify for Beijing (Greece, France, Brazil, NZ)

this is just my opinion....feel free to choose yours:)

apiSigbinz
07-19-2007, 01:48 AM
I don't mean to look way ahead into the future, but this is my possible teams in Beijing:
China as host
Spain as world champion
1 from Asia (Philippines:D )
1 from Europe (Lithuania)
2 from Americas (US, Argentina)
1 from Oceania (Australia)
1 from Africa (Angola)
4 from Wildcard tournament (????)
12 teams in total will compete in beijing

Wildcard Tournament Possible teams
3 teams from Americas (could be Brazil, Puerto Rico, Venezuela?)
1 from Oceania (NZ)
2 from Asia (Lebanon, Qatar? )
2 from Africa (Algeria, Nigeria?)
4 from Europe (could be Greece, Italy, France, Serbia?)
The top 4 will qualify for Beijing (Greece, France, Brazil, NZ)

this is just my opinion....feel free to choose yours:)

oh boy, i can't imagine our RP5 going against the likes of USA, Argentina or Spain... hehehehe i don't know if they can manage a win if ever! hehehe but mo matter what, just watching them play in the Olympics would be enough to give joy to millions of Filipinos around the world.

saints13
07-19-2007, 02:51 AM
3 from Asia..

3. ????? - 2nd and 3rd highest placed team in the FIBA Asia Championship excluding China will go in the 2008 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men. This tournament will be played from 7th – 13th July 2008 in a country and city still to be decided. FIBA will make this decision in December 2007.

actually it is 4. aside from China and the qualified team from the highest placed team in the FIBA Asia. 2 runner-ups will participate in the Wildcard, which I think that an Asian team will have very slim chance.

rycorpz
07-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Now that Yao is absent, who's the tallest player in the Tournament?

saints13
07-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Now that Yao is absent, who's the tallest player in the Tournament?

http://static.flickr.com/34/72748735_d2fb9db203.jpg
Ha Seung Jin
South Korea NT 7'3"

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/rouzbahanijaberty5mr8.jpg
Jaber Rouzbahani
IR Iran NT 7'3"

E. Hadadi of IR Iran
7 foot somethin, I forgot

if there is a player taller than 7'3", kindly add to this list :)

rycorpz
07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
I thought Hadadi is the tallest player of Iran, they hide Jaber for them not to scout bad news to our RP NT.

rycorpz
07-19-2007, 12:07 PM
How will Asi, Mick and Eric held these trees of Iran if they're on the same floor ( hadadi and jaber <--- twin towers )

ctongco
07-19-2007, 02:28 PM
How will Asi, Mick and Eric held these trees of Iran if they're on the same floor ( hadadi and jaber <--- twin towers )

That is a problem. Is the Philippines the only national team that is having trouble with the frontline?

saints13
07-19-2007, 03:05 PM
I thought Hadadi is the tallest player of Iran, they hide Jaber for them not to scout bad news to our RP NT.

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/headshots/jaber-rouzbahani-hd.jpg

Jaber is a young big man, he is an NBA material according to the other forum in the Middle East Forums, but a Lebanese or a Jordanian forum member which I forgot whom, said that this guy is a non-factor. we'll find out in Tokushima, I'm pretty sure this guy will be on their final 12 too, together with the 2 Bahramis, Hadadi and Nikkah. even though he's not talented as the others would say, he's still young and for sure he'll improve. you can teach skills, but you can't teach height, so this guy is theoretically teachable.
IR Iran NT is the 2nd tallest team next to China in the Asian region, so far they have 3 young and tall 7 footers in their NT.

saints13
07-19-2007, 03:08 PM

that's really a problem to address too :rolleyes:

sana madaan sa gulangan :)

translation:
may they use some tricks against those younger and taller counterparts..

as for Mick, he'll have the luxury of hitting 3 pts., coz this tall guys won't go way above the 3 point arc just to put a hand on Mick's face.

and having too many big men on the court for IR Iran NT, will make them slow on transition.

Sakamoto
07-19-2007, 06:20 PM
The FIBA should add some attractions in their sanction tournaments like the 3 point shoot out and the Slamdunk competition for the fan's sake.

saints13
07-19-2007, 07:05 PM
The FIBA should add some attractions in their sanction tournaments like the 3 point shoot out and the Slamdunk competition for the fan's sake.

The tournaments should really have some attractions like that, so that the environment won't be as serious as hell. does FIBA Asia has a touring All-Star? I don't know if the trend still exists. I remember the FIBA All-Star played in Manila against the PBA All-Star led by Eric Menk and Danny Seigle. the FIBA All-Star has the tandem of El-Khatib and Mechantaf of Lebanon and Gong Xiaobin (the former captain of China NT). There was also a slamdunk competition in the halftime, I believe it was Don Camaso who won that competition, the Qatari slamdunker (Yaseen Ismail, he's the best dunker in the Middle East during that time) was suppose to be there but instead, they fielded in 2 Indian players who doesnt know how to dunk properly against Camaso and some PBA import. Rommel Adducul was also there in the FIBA All-Star team that played here in Manila, he's been the RP representative ever since he got an MVP in a FIBA All-Star game. btw, Marlou Aquino schooled the Manila Metrostars center that game, Adducul ate a lot of blocks. :D

manu_bol
07-20-2007, 01:21 AM
The tournaments should really have some attractions like that, so that the environment won't be as serious as hell. does FIBA Asia has a touring All-Star? I don't know if the trend still exists. I remember the FIBA All-Star played in Manila against the PBA All-Star led by Eric Menk and Danny Seigle. the FIBA All-Star has the tandem of El-Khatib and Mechantaf of Lebanon and Gong Xiaobin (the former captain of China NT). There was also a slamdunk competition in the halftime, I believe it was Don Camaso who won that competition, the Qatari slamdunker (Yaseen Ismail, he's the best dunker in the Middle East during that time) was suppose to be there but instead, they fielded in 2 Indian players who doesnt know how to dunk properly against Camaso and some PBA import. Rommel Adducul was also there in the FIBA All-Star team that played here in Manila, he's been the RP representative ever since he got an MVP in a FIBA All-Star game. btw, Marlou Aquino schooled the Manila Metrostars center that game, Adducul ate a lot of blocks. :D

yeah! i saw that game on tv, bro...

menk played superbly in that game and comments made afterwards that he could be dominating in asia, too.. hahaha. now it all seems funny, looking at how lost and ineffective menk is at the international level. maybe, we forgot that it was just an all-star game!

seigle and abarientos also played well for the pba all-stars. the arab-african mubarak from kuwait also played well, as well as that player from lebanon (not khatib).

i wonder why there is no more abc-all stars... after china, korea, rp, they should have continued on, playing the NTs of lebanon, japan, etc.

this is good for asian basketball because it showcases the best players from asia. when team game takes a backseat in favor of individual talent..

... still remembered that johnny A to seigle alleyoop

donmar
07-20-2007, 02:16 AM
Adducul was the Team Captain of the FIBA Asia All-Star... although, he played a little impact in that game because he played an official MBA game for Manila Metrostars against Pasig City Pirates earlier that day... and the stupid MBA doesn't want their MBA superstar to expose (losing him) to the PBA...

Same thing in 2002... he could have played for RP in the Asian Games in Busan but the MBA refused to release him to the national team

rensquared
07-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Adducul was the Team Captain of the FIBA Asia All-Star... although, he played a little impact in that game because he played an official MBA game for Manila Metrostars against Pasig City Pirates earlier that day... and the stupid MBA doesn't want their MBA superstar to expose (losing him) to the PBA...

Same thing in 2002... he could have played for RP in the Asian Games in Busan but the MBA refused to release him to the national team

Good thing MBA is already long gone.. Just like the BAP.. I like to say to them "GOOD RIDDENS [email protected]#$#%#[email protected]!"

jason_28c
07-20-2007, 02:58 AM
simulcast ba ang televised ng btv at rpn sa fiba asia? parehong bang 7pm.. reply pls...

jayphcool
07-20-2007, 03:01 AM
After watching almost all of the teams that have played in the past few weeks, my prediction is that the Philippines will face Iran in the finals of the FIBA Championships.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5833/fibapredictionqi2.th.jpg (http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5833/fibapredictionqi2.jpg)

rensquared
07-20-2007, 03:20 AM
oh boy, i can't imagine our RP5 going against the likes of USA, Argentina or Spain... hehehehe i don't know if they can manage a win if ever! hehehe but mo matter what, just watching them play in the Olympics would be enough to give joy to millions of Filipinos around the world.

But what if we win against those teams right?? Hehe.. As of now, slim chance. Hehe.. If we were to qualify, we are definitely the under dogs.. If we do qualify, I expect that NT will go another rigorous and a lot harder training..

joel23
07-20-2007, 03:38 AM

The Wildcard teams which are seeded in the past Olympics...

joel23
07-20-2007, 03:45 AM
actually it is 4. aside from China and the qualified team from the highest placed team in the FIBA Asia. 2 runner-ups will participate in the Wildcard, which I think that an Asian team will have very slim chance.

Which these 4 extra slot will enter by seeded teams in Olympics (past Olympic placed)...

arnoldt
07-20-2007, 04:27 AM
After watching almost all of the teams that have played in the past few weeks, my prediction is that the Philippines will face Iran in the finals of the FIBA Championships.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5833/fibapredictionqi2.th.jpg (http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5833/fibapredictionqi2.jpg)

Iran is just a hype because of its two 7 footers. Come FIBA Asia, they will have difficulty catching up with fast and good shooting teams like Korea, Japan, China and the Philippines.

jayphcool
07-20-2007, 04:55 AM
Iran is just a hype because of its two 7 footers. Come FIBA Asia, they will have difficulty catching up with fast and good shooting teams like Korea, Japan, China and the Philippines.

I see China's tall team having match-up problems with Iran's equally tall but physically stronger lineup. I see them having problems containing the Bahrami brothers, Shahdadi and 7-3 Jaber Rouzbahani.

saints13
07-20-2007, 05:28 AM
Which these 4 extra slot will enter by seeded teams in Olympics (past Olympic placed)...

sir Joel23, hindi ako sigurado sa wildcard kung paano sistema nun. pero aside from China saka dun sa isang papasok na Asian team sa Olympics, yun 2 teams na kasunod nun nagqualify na team e may chance makipagrambulan sa mga runner-ups ng ibang FIBA Subzone Qualifiers, problem is, those runner-ups are far more superior than Asian teams but an upset would still be a threat. 12 na kase ang qualified sa Olympics, if I'm not mistaken the other 4 slots will make it a 16 team roster for the Olympics.

translation:
I'm not pretty sure about the wildcard system for the Olympic qualifier, I read about that way way back.

saints13
07-20-2007, 05:30 AM

sir Joel23, former olympic placers are not seeded in the next olympics, only host China and WBC 2006 champion Spain has the privilledged of an outright slot. about the exact system to be followed in the wildcard phase, hindi ako sigurado sa wildcard kung paano sistema nun. pero aside from China saka dun sa isang papasok na Asian team sa Olympics, yun 2 teams na kasunod nun nagqualify na team sa FIBA Asia e may chance makipagrambulan sa mga runner-ups ng ibang FIBA Subzone Qualifiers, problem is, those runner-ups are far more superior than Asian teams but an upset would still be a threat. 12 na kase ang qualified sa Olympics, if I'm not mistaken the other 4 slots will make it a 16 team roster for the Olympics.

translation:
I'm not pretty sure about the wildcard system for the Olympic qualifier, I read about that way way back.

saints13
07-20-2007, 06:00 AM
menk played superbly in that game and comments made afterwards that he could be dominating in asia, too.. hahaha. now it all seems funny, looking at how lost and ineffective menk is at the international level. maybe, we forgot that it was just an all-star game!

kinda off-topic:

Erik Menk was hampered by injuries lately, and he's probably the next Andy Seigle in the making if his inconsistency continues. much like of a major pain turning into a major joke :p

Sakamoto
07-20-2007, 07:01 AM
I remember that game and Adducul was part of the ABC all star team. He just came from an MBA game and he was late. When he was fielded in, he was block by Marlou Aquino and i cannot forget the comment of Noli Eala who was annotating the game. He said in the replay of the block by Marlou " Butata ka eto ang sayo welcome to the PBA".

thugpinoy
07-20-2007, 07:09 AM
I remember that game and Adducul was part of the ABC all star team. He just came from an MBA game and he was late. When he was fielded in, he was block by Marlou Aquino and i cannot forget the comment of Noli Eala who was annotating the game. He said in the replay of the block by Marlou " Butata ka eto ang sayo welcome to the PBA".

His First FreeThrow attempt was an Air Ball..
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER (http://vaporizers.net/volcano-vaporizer)

Mr.100%
07-20-2007, 09:41 AM
sir Joel23, former olympic placers are not seeded in the next olympics, only host China and WBC 2006 champion Spain has the privilledged of an outright slot. about the exact system to be followed in the wildcard phase, hindi ako sigurado sa wildcard kung paano sistema nun. pero aside from China saka dun sa isang papasok na Asian team sa Olympics, yun 2 teams na kasunod nun nagqualify na team sa FIBA Asia e may chance makipagrambulan sa mga runner-ups ng ibang FIBA Subzone Qualifiers, problem is, those runner-ups are far more superior than Asian teams but an upset would still be a threat. 12 na kase ang qualified sa Olympics, if I'm not mistaken the other 4 slots will make it a 16 team roster for the Olympics.

translation:

I read that 2nd and 3rd place will be automatically included in the olympic qualifying next year, that is assuming China will not be in the top 3 ... there will be 9 that will qualify in the olympics after all the fiba tourneys this year ... the next 3 will be known from the olympic qualifying next year wherein the runners up from different zones will fight for the top three spots ... so that makes it 12 total teams for the olympics vying for the crown

joel23
07-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Serious 24th FIBA-ASIA Olympic Qualifying prediction or survey results:

link this:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/7859/fibapredictionqi2vt6.jpg

joel23
07-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Serious 24th FIBA-ASIA Olympic Qualifying prediction and survey results:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/7859/fibapredictionqi2vt6.jpg

Grr_tiger
07-23-2007, 03:16 AM
5 DAYS TO GO BAKBAKAN NA!!

TEAM PILIPINAS needs your prayers.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1303/821496526_57774d43c2.jpg

dranny79
07-23-2007, 04:59 AM
is there any link that we can watch these games on the net live?:confused:
please share if you know!:cool:
thanks!

Mon
07-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Yes, Go Team Philippines. Don't underestimate any team. Play consistently and be alert, employ good defense all the time and play with a big heart. Have a never say die attitude. :)

ROLZ9
07-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Without those naturalized players the top teams in asia will be...

China
South Korea
Philippines

Sorry but without those naturalized players playing for other countries they are just pretenders and can never be contenders.

Mon
07-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Its on Saturday, opening of the FIBA Asia Championships. They play Iran at 5pm. (What's the latest movement on our RP TEAM this past few days aside from trouncing Kuwait?? Is Gabe Norwood and Kelly Williams paper works complete now and no problem whatesoever?? )

karim
07-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Well thats not the case since every team is allowed 1 naturalized player , 1 player isnt gonna make that much of a difference :p btw Lebanon(2nd) was much better than Korea(4th) in 2005 (im not counting qatar who are 3rd cuz they have 12 africans) so even if we remove vogel i think they will would,ve stayed 2nd..............btw Lebanon now is much weaker than 2005 the same players almost but the selection of players for the coach really sux i hope we dont play RP cuz this is the most game that the coach doesnt know which players to insert....we can easily have a rebounding advantage by slowing the game down and putting our tall lineup with vogel,beshara and roy 2gether but this coach puts combinations of ali m and rony and balaa on PF and plays beshara on PF instead of SF....so im really speechless about this..........btw RP won kuwait by 16 and 35......are kuwait really weak ?? do they pose a threat for lebanon ?? i hear they are really short i hope the coach doesnt put ali mahmoud(182) on center and rony(183) on PF cuz the shorter the opponent the shorter the lineup he puts on the court :confused: ..........

manu_bol
07-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Well thats not the case since every team is allowed 1 naturalized player , 1 player isnt gonna make that much of a difference :p btw Lebanon(2nd) was much better than Korea(4th) in 2005 (im not counting qatar who are 3rd cuz they have 12 africans) so even if we remove vogel i think they will would,ve stayed 2nd..............btw Lebanon now is much weaker than 2005 the same players almost but the selection of players for the coach really sux i hope we dont play RP cuz this is the most game that the coach doesnt know which players to insert....we can easily have a rebounding advantage by slowing the game down and putting our tall lineup with vogel,beshara and roy 2gether but this coach puts combinations of ali m and rony and balaa on PF and plays beshara on PF instead of SF....so im really speechless about this..........btw RP won kuwait by 16 and 35......are kuwait really weak ?? do they pose a threat for lebanon ?? i hear they are really short i hope the coach doesnt put ali mahmoud(182) on center and rony(183) on PF cuz the shorter the opponent the shorter the lineup he puts on the court :confused: ..........

RP has problems with weak teams, right?
this kuwait team must really be good! :D :D :D

nah, im just joking. i think kuwait played RP because it wants to evaluate their game for the fiba-asia championships. if they could stay close with RP, then they could also be competitive against lebanon...

karim, i guess lebanon's biggest headache in their group is japan. good luck to lebanon...

joel23
07-23-2007, 02:03 PM

They're more Charles Barkley of the Philippines... The smaller guy can beat a bigger guy... Kuwait team's weak as similar level of Syria NT. :D

saints13
07-23-2007, 03:29 PM

kinda off-topic again:

was he late? I forgot about it.. :)

but I remember how they introduced Rommel Adducul in the opening ceremonies..

the MC said something like this..

"probably the best player not yet in the PBA" hahaha...

they really want the MBA to disband back then...

agaw ratings eh..hehe

that's why the PBA got desperate they allowed direct hiring of Fil-ams..

they were afraid that those players might play in the MBA if they don't hire them first..

and that's how the Fil-sham stuff started..LOL

budz17
07-23-2007, 04:05 PM

I think with mamoud and fahed playing center and PF, you still have a chance against kuwait:D . seriously, even without vogel, khatib and beshara, lebanon would still win against kuwait.

joel23
07-23-2007, 04:30 PM
I think with mamoud and fahed playing center and PF, you still have a chance against kuwait:D . seriously, even without vogel, khatib and beshara, lebanon would still win against kuwait.

Also U-20 of Lebanon can beat Kuwait

macky
07-23-2007, 06:41 PM

i think what the coach is doing, is shuffling his players and trying to come up with the best combinations on the floor. and trying to see what will work in tokushima. for me, the best combinaton for lebanon is: vogel at center, beshara at pf, fadi at sf, fahed at sg, and ali at pg. even without el khatib playing, lebanon can easily beat kuwait. it would be better for him to seat down that game and have a rest, fadi is such a work horse for lebanon. the only really question is who will top that group... will it be japan or lebanon? besides having the home court advantage, japan is a very quick team and loaded with shooters. it will be a tough fight against japan for sure. good luck lebanese brothers, hope to see a good and clean game in tokushima.:)

daniab
07-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Also U-20 of Lebanon can beat Kuwait

Lebanon U19 won Senior Bahrain NT from 4 years in King Abdallah Tournament :D

macky
07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Lebanon U19 won Senior Bahrain NT from 4 years in King Abdallah Tournament :D

bahrain NT is weak. kuwait NT is likely more or less the same level as indonesian NT, i think even indonesian NT can beat kuwait.

macky
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
http://static.flickr.com/34/72748735_d2fb9db203.jpg
Ha Seung Jin
South Korea NT 7'3"

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/rouzbahanijaberty5mr8.jpg
Jaber Rouzbahani
IR Iran NT 7'3"

E. Hadadi of IR Iran
7 foot somethin, I forgot

if there is a player taller than 7'3", kindly add to this list :)

i think his 7'2".

daniab
07-23-2007, 07:19 PM
bahrain NT is weak. kuwait NT is likely more or less the same level as indonesian NT, i think even indonesian NT can beat kuwait.

No man kuwait is much better than indonesia.
Kuwait in 2005 lost against S.korea by 5 pts.

macky
07-23-2007, 07:21 PM

i've seen that guy jaber play, and seriously...not impressed he's just tall with a wing span of an 8 footer. he's not that quick. well, it can be a problem but it would give more the Philippines an advantage on speed. i just hope kelly, menk, and yap show their true potential. this three will be the key for Philippines.

macky
07-23-2007, 07:40 PM
No man kuwait is much better than indonesia.
Kuwait in 2005 lost against S.korea by 5 pts.

i remember reading a post of a fellow forumer... don't know if it's true, kuwait loss to a ball club here in the Philippines compose of a retired pba star and an actor, i forgot what the name of that ball club is. with that, i don't think why the lebanese brothers worries too much with the kuwait NT, no offense for the kuwaitis. Next to RP team, i'm a fan of lebanon NT also. lebanon can beat kuwait easily.

daniab
07-23-2007, 07:42 PM
i remember reading a post of a fellow forumer... don't know if it's true, kuwait loss to a ball club here in the Philippines compose of a retired pba star and an actor, i forgot what the name of that ball club is. with that, i don't think why the lebanese brothers worries too much with the kuwait NT, no offense for the kuwaitis. Next to RP team, i'm a fan of lebanon NT also. lebanon can beat kuwait easily.
Last game btw lebanon vs Kuwait is finished to lebanon by 40 pts in king abdallah .

macky
07-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Last game btw lebanon vs Kuwait is finished to lebanon by 40 pts in king abdallah .

the only game that i think would give lebanon a good deal of resistance is with the home team. japan did'nt send their NT in the recently concluded jones cup. they're maybe hiding their team, for them not to be scouted.

interxavierxxx
07-23-2007, 08:08 PM
hope I can have some lebanese food while watching the FIBA Asia Championships hehehe there's no way I'm eating Pandesal during the game. I rather eat Shawarma with Mountain Dew. What about you guys? What food are u planning to bring along? For me, I'll have lebanese shawarma... they are the best here in Qatar.

macky
07-23-2007, 08:27 PM
hope I can have some lebanese food while watching the FIBA Asia Championships hehehe there's no way I'm eating Pandesal during the game. I rather eat Shawarma with Mountain Dew. What about you guys? What food are u planning to bring along? For me, I'll have lebanese shawarma... they are the best here in Qatar.

i'll bring balot and a bottle of redbull...could loose some energy due to excitement, better bring some back-ups:rolleyes:

karim
07-23-2007, 10:17 PM

give me the adress to ur house friendly pinoy brother and i,ll be happy to get u a dozen sandwiches of shawarma chicken and shawarma meat and a couple plates of tabbouli and hommos with some baklewa for desert.....btw we played against a team in philippines called smthng kings and we beat them 111-76 , kuwait lost to that team by 5.......so i think theres no fear there as long as we scout the opponent and respect them before the game , same for UAE..............

warren99
07-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Norwood cleared to play, gets passport
By Nelson Beltran
Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The SMC-RP quintet got a big morale-boost two days before its departure for Tokushima, Japan as Gabe Norwood finally obtained a Philippine passport yesterday, giving the talented Fil-Am cager the clearance to play with the Nationals in the FIBA-Asia Olympic qualifier from July 28-Aug. 5.
In this regard, PBA operations chief Rickie Santos said the league has made representations with the Japanese embassy to expedite Norwood’s visa application so that the player can join the RP team in its departure tomorrow afternoon.
Norwood, a key figure in the Philippines’ bid for a spot in the 2008 Olympics in China, acquired the clearance from the Department of Justice yesterday morning and immediately applied for a passport at the Department of Foreign Affairs.
His papers will be forwarded to the Japanese embassy for the visa processing this morning.
Another Fil-Am player, Kelly Williams, was issued his own RP passport Friday.
Thus, national coach Chot Reyes now has a full-roster of 15 players raring to go to war in Tokushima. Danny Seigle and James Yap have earlier gotten a clean bill of health for the Japan joust.
Reyes has said he would name his final 12 during the team managers’ meeting in Japan Friday. The final 12 could well be Norwood, Williams, Jimmy Alapag, Jayjay Helterbrand, Mark Caguioa, James Yap, Dondon Hontiveros, Danny Seigle, Kerby Raymundo, Eric Menk, Mick Pennisi and Asi Taulava.
The squad, after a grueling five-month preparation, will bid to become the first RP team to make it to the Olympics since the 1974 Munich Games. Reyes has promised they would hit their target or die trying.
Reyes and his boys need to win the tourney or finish second behind China to realize their dream of playing in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
But the task in Tokushima appears to be daunting with the Philippines up against formidable foes China, Jordan and Iran right in the elimination round. The Nationals need to finish first or second in the elims to gain a berth in the quarterfinals.
The Nationals are holding two more morning practices before leaving for Tokushima tomorrow afternoon.
“We’re just going through the final stages of our preparation, a little fine-tuning,” said Reyes.
The players are not allowing the suspense to get the better of their expectations.
"It's an exciting time for us as players, the coaching staff, the PBA, and especially the Philippines," said point guard Jimmy Alapag of the Talk N Text Phone Pals.
"We got a great opportunity. Hopefully, we'll reap the fruits of our labor in the last four, five months. We're just excited to get to Japan."
"The team is looking good. We just need to sharpen up just a little bit before our first game," said Asi Taulava of the Phone Pals.
"After winning the Manila Invitational, it feels good. Malaking kumpiyansa bago kami pumunta ng Japan," said Mark Caguioa of the Barangay Ginebra Kings, adding the enormity of their task hasn't hit him yet.
"Hindi ko rin kasi iniisip. Mape-pressure ka lang lalo e. You're representing the country so that's already a big pressure for you, so I'm not really thinking too much about that."
San Miguel's Danny Seigle, who rejoined his teammates during the Kuwait tuneup games after missing three weeks of training due to a pulled hamstring and an ankle sprain, said his injuries are healing fast.
"It feels pretty good and it no longer bothers me that much," said Seigle, who sat out the Busan Asian Games in 2002 because of a torn Achilles tendon. "Of course I have to work off a little bit of rust, but I'll be prepared mentally and physically come game time."
Even the recent additions, Eric Menk of Ginebra, the Realtors' Williams, and James Yap of Purefoods, have put behind their individual ambitions to be part of the overall effort to send a Philippine team back to the Olympic Games basketball competition after 35 years.
"Of course, everyone would like to know as soon as we can, but we understand that it's kinda out of our hands," said Menk.
"What's best for the team is what's best for our chances. We just have to be patient."
"Regardless of what happens, we're gonna work as hard as we can, all 15 of us, up to the last day," said Williams. "We're all on the same page. It's not an individual effort but a team effort where everyone will put in 120 percent for the team."
"Lahat naman dito deserving. Maraming player ang gusto masama rito at ngayong napili kami, achievement na rin ito," said Yap. "Kahit di ako makuha, okey lang dahil na-experience mo rin naman yung praktis ng RP team. Wala naman talagang mawawala sa'yo. Pag nanalo yung RP team, para na rin sa'ting lahat 'yon."

warren99
07-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Nike believes in Team Pilipinas

NIKE Philippines launched limited edition “Believer” T-shirts to support the RP basketball team that will leave for Tokushima, Japan next week to compete in the FIBA Asia Men’s Championship, a qualifying tournament for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Team Pilipinas, composed of the country’s finest players, finished third in the 11th Jones Cup held in Chinese Taipei early this month. After that, the Nationals won the 4-nation Manila Invitationals.
Despite being bracketed in the “Group of Death” with China, Iran and Jordan in the FIBA Asia Men’s Championship, head coach Chot Reyes remains optimistic.
“This team and this country have come too far to be denied the chance to bring home an Olympic medal. We will go to Beijing or we will die trying!” said Reyes.
“Let us all take pride in Team Pilipinas and believe in our basketball heroes!” added Nike Philippines country marketing manager Melissa Crucillo.
The Nike Tee, available at Nike retail outlets nationwide, bears the word “Believer” in front, and an image of Team Pilipinas at the back.

Grr_tiger
07-24-2007, 12:36 AM
4 DAYS TO GO BAKBAKAN NA!!

TEAM PILIPINAS needs your prayers.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1303/821496526_57774d43c2.jpg

bolabasket
07-24-2007, 02:06 AM
give me the adress to ur house friendly pinoy brother and i,ll be happy to get u a dozen sandwiches of shawarma chicken and shawarma meat and a couple plates of tabbouli and hommos with some baklewa for desert.....btw we played against a team in philippines called smthng kings and we beat them 111-76 , kuwait lost to that team by 5.......so i think theres no fear there as long as we scout the opponent and respect them before the game , same for UAE..............
am more interested on the food...hehehe. any link to the recipe, Karim:) ?

saints13
07-24-2007, 05:22 AM

oh I love shawarmas..are they affordable in Lebanon? :D it's expensive here, it's about P50 = $1. :D

btw, the only team in RP that is with kings as far as PBA is concerned is the Barangay Ginebra Kings. :) the team of Mark Caguioa and Jay Jay Helterbrand, maybe other guys like Rudy Hatfield and their import was not present during that game that's why it ended as a blowout. :D why was that not included in RP news? :D I wonder..:rolleyes:

saints13
07-24-2007, 05:23 AM

oh I love shawarmas..are they affordable in Lebanon? :D it's expensive here, it's about P50 = $1. :D

btw, the only team in RP that is with kings as far as PBA is concerned is the Barangay Ginebra Kings. :) the team of Mark Caguioa and Jay Jay Helterbrand, maybe other guys like Professional Wrestler Rudy Hatfield (talks like Ultimate Warrior - 1% substance 99% nonsense) and their import was not present during that game that's why it ended as a blowout. :D why was that not included in RP news? :D I wonder..:rolleyes:

bolabasket
07-24-2007, 06:06 AM

btw, the only team in RP that is with kings as far as PBA is concerned is the Barangay Ginebra Kings. :) the team of Mark Caguioa and Jay Jay Helterbrand, maybe other guys like Professional Wrestler Rudy Hatfield (talks like Ultimate Warrior - 1% substance 99% nonsense) and their import was not present during that game that's why it ended as a blowout. :D why was that not included in RP news? :D I wonder..:rolleyes:
The Kings could be the Ginebra Gin Kings:

5-7 Johnny Abarrientos
6-2 Rodney Santos
6-9 Andy Seigle
6-3 Sunday Salvacion
6-0 Ronald Tubid
6-5 Mike Holper
5-8 Edgar Echavez
6-5 Billy Mamaril
6-1 Gec Chia

not with the team:
6-0 Mark Caguioa - with RP Team
6-0 Jayjay Helterbrand - with RP Team
6-6 Eric Menk - with RP Team
6-4 Rudy Hatfield (on lave)
6-8 Rafi Reavis (on leave-injured)

bolabasket
07-24-2007, 06:14 AM
I suggest we start a new thread when the tournament begins on July 28... this is getting longer.

donmar
07-24-2007, 06:16 AM
I suggest we start a new thread when the tournament begins on July 28... this is getting longer.

I agree!

igorotski
07-24-2007, 09:41 AM

the lebs played against a great gun w/o any bullet. yea ginebra, a previous PBA champion, is great BUT those who made it great wernt there

SG-mark C> on RP
PG-jayjay> on RP
PF-menk> on RP
C-Reavis>injury
SF-Hatfield> on leave

hey, if u noticed theyre the starters, so it means that they jus played w/ the bench players of ginebra.

warren99
07-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Ginebra will start their practice on August 6 because Coach Jong is in the NT. Some of their players were having vacations and some still waiting to renew their contract. I don't think GSM played any game since their QF.

warren99
07-24-2007, 10:10 AM
GOOD NEWS:
Gabe Norwood have a philippine passport:D
BAD NEWS:
He still don't have a visa:confused:
Team Pilipinas will go to Japan tomorrow.:eek:

saints13
07-24-2007, 11:21 AM
GOOD NEWS:
Gabe Norwood have a philippine passport:D
BAD NEWS:
He still don't have a visa:confused:
Team Pilipinas will go to Japan tomorrow.:eek:

VISA to Japan??? :(

arnoldt
07-24-2007, 11:52 AM
norwood can use his american passport to enter japan. what if he does not secure a visa using his philippine passport, is he still eligible to play for RP?

warren99
07-24-2007, 01:24 PM
comm. eala said that if norwood will not get visa for japan tomorrow norwood will follow to japan on thursday.

flipcager
07-24-2007, 04:45 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1224/885945343_f55875c403.jpg

Limited edition Nike ‘Believer’ tees launched

This year, the entire nation witnessed Team Pilipinas return to the international hard court with grit and determination.

Composed of the Philippines’ current crop of finest ballers, many believe that the 2007 Team Pilipinas is our best chance to date to make it back to the Olympic stage.

After whipping strong contenders Taipei and fellow FIBA Asian Cup bracket Iran in the 11th Jones Cup in Taipei and recently holding off Lebanon to win the Smart 4-Nation Manila Invitational, Team Pilipinas is on the trail blaze, as it aspires for basketball supremacy.

On July 28, 2007 the nation’s Olympic fate shall be sealed as Team Pilipinas enters the pre-qualifier FIBA Asian Cup in Tokushima, Japan. The team carries with them the entire Philippines’ hope of ending the over 30-year Olympic drought in basketball.

Despite threats of tough contenders, Team Pilipinas’ spirit remains undeterred with the national team’s Coach Chot Reyes’ battle cry “This team and this country have come too far to be denied the chance to bring home an Olympic medal. We will go to Beijing or we will die trying!”

Nike Philippines joins the numerous Filipinos who believe in Team Pilipinas. Through its limited edition “Believer” t-shirt, Nike hopes to encourage more people to show their support.

“We take our full support behind Team Pilipinas to another level, as we call on our countrymen to “believe” that the Filipino ballers have what it takes to conquer the international hard court,” said Nike Philippines Country Marketing Manager Melissa Crucillo.

The must-have Nike Tee bears the word “Believer” in front, and an image of Team Pilipinas at the back. They are available at Nike retail outlets nationwide for PHP 895 at select Nike stores. “Let us all take pride in Team Pilipinas and believe in our basketball heroes!” invited Crucillo.

A few days before Team Pilipinas makes it appearance at the FIBA Asian games, celebrities showed their support for the team by attending a one-day photo shoot wearing Nike’s limited edition “Believer” t-shirts.

The star-studded line-up consisted of PBA Commissioner Noli Eala, BAP-Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas Executive Director Patrick Gregorio, former National Team members Alvin Patrimonio, Jeffrey Cariaso and Olsen Racela, RP Youth and De La Salle Head Coach Franz Pumaren, Team Pilipinas Assistant Coach and Ateneo Head Coach Norman Black, former Olympian Akiko Thomson, TV personalities Reema Chanco and Jinno Rufino, entertainers Francis Magalona and Michael V., sportscaster & triathlete Tricia Chiongbian, supermodel Tweetie de Leon, and trendsetter Tim Yap.

Also available in select Nike stores are replica Team Pilipinas Jackets at P1,995, as well as replica Team Pilipinas Jerseys and Shorts at P1,545 each.

For more information log on to www.nike.com.ph

macky
07-24-2007, 05:09 PM
I really believe this is the strongest team the RP NT has come so far..hopefully, this will not be the last, and the RP NT will continue to get better and better.

right now... yeah! this is the best team for rp. but we have to develop young players after this, that will be playing together for years to come. train them while they're young and give them some international exposure. make this guys internationally tough. i would like to see for our future team,"the never say die" attitude. play with pride.

interxavierxxx
07-24-2007, 05:20 PM

hehe thanks but no thanks 'cause I already got one... the only thing I've got to do now is to find a good streaming site for the FIBA Asia. so guys... how on earth are u gonna watch the FIBA asia championships?

arnoldt
07-25-2007, 06:17 AM
hehe thanks but no thanks 'cause I already got one... the only thing I've got to do now is to find a good streaming site for the FIBA Asia. so guys... how on earth are u gonna watch the FIBA asia championships?

yes up to now there is no one who is gonna broadcast the game live.

saints13
07-25-2007, 08:39 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1224/885945343_f55875c403.jpg

Limited edition Nike ‘Believer’ tees launched

This year, the entire nation witnessed Team Pilipinas return to the international hard court with grit and determination.

Composed of the Philippines’ current crop of finest ballers, many believe that the 2007 Team Pilipinas is our best chance to date to make it back to the Olympic stage.

After whipping strong contenders Taipei and fellow FIBA Asian Cup bracket Iran in the 11th Jones Cup in Taipei and recently holding off Lebanon to win the Smart 4-Nation Manila Invitational, Team Pilipinas is on the trail blaze, as it aspires for basketball supremacy.

On July 28, 2007 the nation’s Olympic fate shall be sealed as Team Pilipinas enters the pre-qualifier FIBA Asian Cup in Tokushima, Japan. The team carries with them the entire Philippines’ hope of ending the over 30-year Olympic drought in basketball.

Despite threats of tough contenders, Team Pilipinas’ spirit remains undeterred with the national team’s Coach Chot Reyes’ battle cry “This team and this country have come too far to be denied the chance to bring home an Olympic medal. We will go to Beijing or we will die trying!”

Nike Philippines joins the numerous Filipinos who believe in Team Pilipinas. Through its limited edition “Believer” t-shirt, Nike hopes to encourage more people to show their support.

“We take our full support behind Team Pilipinas to another level, as we call on our countrymen to “believe” that the Filipino ballers have what it takes to conquer the international hard court,” said Nike Philippines Country Marketing Manager Melissa Crucillo.

The must-have Nike Tee bears the word “Believer” in front, and an image of Team Pilipinas at the back. They are available at Nike retail outlets nationwide for PHP 895 at select Nike stores. “Let us all take pride in Team Pilipinas and believe in our basketball heroes!” invited Crucillo.

A few days before Team Pilipinas makes it appearance at the FIBA Asian games, celebrities showed their support for the team by attending a one-day photo shoot wearing Nike’s limited edition “Believer” t-shirts.

The star-studded line-up consisted of PBA Commissioner Noli Eala, BAP-Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas Executive Director Patrick Gregorio, former National Team members Alvin Patrimonio, Jeffrey Cariaso and Olsen Racela, RP Youth and De La Salle Head Coach Franz Pumaren, Team Pilipinas Assistant Coach and Ateneo Head Coach Norman Black, former Olympian Akiko Thomson, TV personalities Reema Chanco and Jinno Rufino, entertainers Francis Magalona and Michael V., sportscaster & triathlete Tricia Chiongbian, supermodel Tweetie de Leon, and trendsetter Tim Yap.

Also available in select Nike stores are replica Team Pilipinas Jackets at P1,995, as well as replica Team Pilipinas Jerseys and Shorts at P1,545 each.

For more information log on to www.nike.com.ph

I believe! :D give me some freebies.. :D

thelebanon
07-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Qualification Process

The number of participating teams in the Championship for Men is set at sixteen (16).

The following are eligible to participate:

a) The Organizing Country (1)

b) The Champion Team from the previous “Stankovic Cup” (1)

c) The four best-placed teams from the previous "Stankovic Cup" for Men (excluding the Champion and the Organizing Country) will qualify the same number of teams from their respective sub-zones (4)

d) The following best teams from the Sub-Zones that have not qualified by virtue of their performance at the previous Championship:

East Asia (2)
South-East Asia (2)
Middle Asia (2)
West Asia (2)
The Gulf (2)

TOTAL: 16

The Sub-Zones determine their own qualifying system.

In the event of a withdrawal or non-participation by qualified teams, FIBA ASIA has the right to invite other teams, while endeavoring
to maintain, as far as possible, a certain balance between Sub-Zones.

System of Competitions

Preliminary Round:
The sixteen (16) participating teams will be divided into four (4) groups (A, B, C and D) of four (4) teams each. Each team shall play
all the other teams within its own group.

The final standings will be established after the Preliminary Round.

A1 B1 C1 D1
A2 B2 C2 D2
A3 B3 C3 D3
A4 B4 C4 D4

The teams placed 1st and 2nd in each group will qualify for the Quarter-Final Round (Groups I and II) to play for 1st to 8th place.

The teams placed 3rd and 4th in each group will qualify for the Quarter-Final Round (Groups III and IV) to play for 9th to 16th place.

Quarter-Finals:
The groups will be formed as follows:

Group I: A1, B2, C1, D2

Group II: A2, B1, C2, D1

Group III: A3, B4, C3, D4

Group IV: A4, B3, C4, D3

Each team shall play all the other teams within its own group.

The final standings will be established after the Quarter-Finals.

I1 II1 III1 IV1
I2 II2 III2 IV2
I3 II3 III3 IV3
I4 II4 III4 IV4

The teams placed 1st and 2nd in Groups I and II will qualify for the Semi-Finals to play 1st to 4th place.

The teams placed 3rd and 4th in Groups I and II will qualify for the Semi-Finals to play for 5th to 8th place.

The teams placed 1st and 2nd in Groups III and IV will qualify for the Classification Round to play 9th to 12th place.

The teams placed 3rd and 4th in Groups III and IV will qualify for the Classification Round to play 13th to 16th place.

Semi Finals:
Classification Round:
Game 5 III 1 vs IV 1 (9th and 10th)
Game 6 III 2 vs IV 2 (11th and 12th)
Game 7 III 3 vs IV 3 (13th and 14th)
Game 8 III 4 vs IV 4 (15th and 16th)

Final Round:
Game 1 I 3 vs II 4
Game 2 II 3 vs I 4
Game 3 I 1 vs II 2
Game 4 II 1 vs I 2

Finals:
Final Round:
Game 9 Loser 1 vs Loser 2 (7th and 8th)
Game 10 Winner 1 vs Winner 2 (5th and 6th)
Game 11 Loser 3 vs Loser 4 (3rd and 4th)
Game 12 Winner 3 vs Winner 4 (1st and 2nd)

thelebanon
07-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Only the champion of the 2007 FIBA Asia Championship will have his ticket secured for the 2008 Olympic Basketball Tournament for Men in Beijing. If China will be the champion, then this right goes to the Vice-Champion, as China is already qualified as host team.

But for those who will not reach the Final in Tokushima, Japan on 5th of August, there will be a second chance for two teams from Asia in the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men. This tournament will be played from 7th – 13th July 2008 in a country and city still to be decided. FIBA will make this decision in December 2007.

The two Asian teams for the 2008 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men will be the two best placed teams of the 2007 FIBA Asia Championship in Korea after the champion and excluding China.

daniab
07-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Only the champion of the 2007 FIBA Asia Championship will have his ticket secured for the 2008 Olympic Basketball Tournament for Men in Beijing. If China will be the champion, then this right goes to the Vice-Champion, as China is already qualified as host team.

But for those who will not reach the Final in Tokushima, Japan on 5th of August, there will be a second chance for two teams from Asia in the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men. This tournament will be played from 7th – 13th July 2008 in a country and city still to be decided. FIBA will make this decision in December 2007.

The two Asian teams for the 2008 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men will be the two best placed teams of the 2007 FIBA Asia Championship in Korea after the champion and excluding China.

Where is ur source ??

thelebanon
07-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Where is ur source ??

god bless lebanon w god is with lebanon

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/07/fibaAsia/men/pres/over/p/openNodeIDs/5573/selNodeID/5573/fe_pres_overView.html

daniab
07-25-2007, 03:51 PM
god bless lebanon w god is with lebanon

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/07/fibaAsia/men/pres/over/p/openNodeIDs/5573/selNodeID/5573/fe_pres_overView.html
thanks dude.

dgenx
07-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Without those naturalized players the top teams in asia will be...

China
South Korea
Philippines

Sorry but without those naturalized players playing for other countries they are just pretenders and can never be contenders.

agree looks like lebanon,qatar, jordan and all middle east countries think they are contenders but in reality they are not. they became contenders only because they have naturalized player to beef up their chances to become contenders in Asia.

thelebanon
07-26-2007, 12:24 PM
joe vogel the player of lebanon is american already but his mother is lebanese

daniab
07-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Dgenx,Vogel only is naturalized in Lebanon and i don't think Vogel only mades WCC 2002 and 2006.
Btw,Pennisi is not from australia ??? Asi is a Filipino ??
Stop your stupid here.

manu_bol
07-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Dgenx,Vogel only is naturalized in Lebanon and i don't think Vogel only mades WCC 2002 and 2006.
Stop your stupid here.

pennisi and taulava has passed through several process and submitted all necessary requirements to prove that they have filipino blood. there should be no question here. we could even afford to naturalize one super center from europe or america but we chose to live and die with our filipino lineup.

you are lucky that we never naturalize a star 7-ft center...

thelebanon
07-26-2007, 01:32 PM
pennisi and taulava has passed through several process and submitted all necessary requirements to prove that they have filipino blood. there should be no question here. we could even afford to naturalize one super center from europe or america but we chose to live and die with our filipino lineup.

you are lucky that we never naturalize a star 7-ft center...

PHILIPPINES's ROSTER
# Name P Heigth DOB Place Of Birth Current Club

Jim
ALAPAG -/- 30/12/1977 CA
(USA) -
Mark Anthony
CAGUIOA -/- 19/11/1979 -
PHI -
Rommel Nino
CANALETA -/- 12/02/1982 -
PHI -
Ranidel
DE OCAMPO -/- 08/12/1981 -
PHI -
Anthony Bryan
DELA CRUZ -/- 24/08/1978 CA
(USA) -
Anthony
HELTERBRAND -/- 14/10/1976 -
PHI -
Donaldo
HONTIVEROS -/- 01/06/1977 -
PHI -
Eric Conrad
MENK -/- 24/08/1974 MI
(USA) -
Gabriel Daniel
NORWOOD -/- 09/02/1985 NC
(USA) -
Michael
PENNISI -/- 13/03/1975 Queensland
(AUS) -
Kerby
RAYMUNDO -/- 19/01/1981 -
PHI -
Florendo
RITUALO JR. -/- 14/06/1979 -
PHI -
Daniel Charles
SEIGLE -/- 14/06/1976 PA
(USA) -
Pauliasi
TAULAVA -/- 02/03/1973 Tofoa
(TGA) -
Kelly
WILLIAMS -/- 07/02/1982 Mi
(USA) -
James Carlos
YAP -/- 15/02/1982 -
PHI -

its not rp team its usa asian team

onono1
07-26-2007, 01:41 PM
PHILIPPINES's ROSTER

Jim
ALAPAG -/- 30/12/1977 CA
(USA) -
Mark Anthony
CAGUIOA -/- 19/11/1979 -
PHI -
Rommel Nino
PHI -
Ranidel
PHI -
Anthony Bryan
(USA) -
Anthony
PHI -
Donaldo
PHI -
Eric Conrad
MENK -/- 24/08/1974 MI
(USA) -
Gabriel Daniel
(USA) -
Michael
(AUS) -
Kerby
PHI -
Florendo
PHI -
Daniel Charles
SEIGLE -/- 14/06/1976 PA
(USA) -
Pauliasi
(TGA) -
Kelly
(USA) -
James Carlos
YAP -/- 15/02/1982 -
PHI -

Stop the crap thelebanon, philippines is not guilty as qatar's sin :rolleyes: Yes, some of them were born in the US but still filipino blood are running in their veins because their mother happens to be a filipino too ;)

watiwawa
07-26-2007, 01:45 PM
if we really want to naturalize a player..

it's too easy... why?'cause they lyk filipinos...

remmber the 80's when rp has 3 naturalized players... aaa...

some of our players, u say that they r americans
they just migrated to us...

now look at yao.. he's now in the us.. so dats still the same w/ our players, they stay in the us... ryt?? hehe... they're living in the us...

atleast our players are now living here in phi except for norwood... hehe

thelebanon
07-26-2007, 02:00 PM
ALL LEBANESE PLAYERS PLAYED IN LEBANON this is why we have the best ligue in asia

watiwawa
07-26-2007, 02:04 PM
ALL LEBANESE PLAYERS PLAYED IN LEBANON this is why we have the best ligue in asia

how abt the rp team?? w/ the excemption of norwood... and PBA is the best.. only us ncaa filipino's(i mean great) are not playing in thee PBA

manu_bol
07-26-2007, 02:17 PM

suit yourself...

beating the players from the "best league in asia" 4 times is all the more sweeter then...

rycorpz
07-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by daniab
Stop your stupid here.

No offense lebanese friends If Asi and Mick where not filipino, Fiba and qatar should had been barred or disqualified these two players playing our NT. Just like I've said before half of our NT are Half bred they've passed and thoroughly tested here and they have proven that they have filipino lineage and blood through their veins 1/2 or 1/4 of it. These players experienced racial discrimination through their lives.

raichu08
07-26-2007, 02:40 PM
ok. We'll see if you're right or you'll eat your words.

Project888
07-26-2007, 03:14 PM
this "thelebanon" guy is one damn kid! USA ASIAN TEAM! ULOOOOOL!!! give me a break! r u damn jealous that the rp team beat ur team!!!! just think, what if u guys have the half american or half european players or whatever, would u complain to that?!!! what a a$$hole!

budz17
07-26-2007, 03:17 PM
philippines team does not have any naturalized player. we have players who have dual citizenship. these players are recognized as philippines citizens by the philippines government as they have proven that their parents or grandparents were philippunes citizens at the time of their birth.

manu ginobili has dual citizeship also. he plays for argentina but at the same time he also has an italian passport. peja stojakovic also has dual citizenship. one is for serbia and the other one I can't remember, maybe italy, am not sure but definitely european.

hope that settles it.

budz17
07-26-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure really but this is how I understand it.

if you naturalize, you basically renounce your previous nationality. example, raheim wright. he was born american, no jordanian blood, but he naturalized into a jordanian. in doing so, he renounced being an american. his american passport gone now. in dual citizenship, you don't have to renounce your previous nationality. you are recognized by both countries as their citizen, according to their laws.

trillanes
07-26-2007, 03:26 PM
this "thelebanon" guy is one damn kid! USA ASIAN TEAM! ULOOOOOL!!! give me a break! r u damn jealous that the rp team beat ur team!!!! just think, what if u guys have the half american or half european players or whatever, would u complain to that?!!! what a a$$hole!

yeah just ignore that dumb kid. dont feed him."trolllebanon".right karim and daniab?

thelebanon
07-26-2007, 03:47 PM
i joke when i say usa asian team loool
iam with rp in the group a with jordan
im kid...ok but im what im lebanese for live

thelebanon
07-26-2007, 03:52 PM
yeah just ignore that dumb kid. dont feed him."trolllebanon".right karim and daniab?

i measure 189 cm, I play in the paris basket racing the first club of Tony Parker, when I said the USA asian TEAM I laughed but good... thus come to say to me opposite I am trolleebanon, I give you my address if you want...

i say usa asian team because the half of rp players was born in usa

if iam dumb what u are.... eben el sharmouta w baya kamen

thelebanon
07-26-2007, 03:55 PM

stop lebanon is better than rp ...

france is better than lebanon but lebanon won france in the world cup so the most important is the asian championship

karim
07-26-2007, 06:29 PM
what i know is that RP has americans , they are legit but most of them were raised outside....in our current roster we have only 1 lebanese/american who lived abroad(beshara) and 1 naturalized player(vogel).......all the rest are 100% lebanese....what i know is that i,de rather have a naturalized player than a bunch of americans and australian and tongan who have philipino blood playing...so stop this talk about vogel....and show us some real philipino talent a player who was born and raised in philippines...you will never have a player like that close to the level of khatib,fahd,roy,abdelnour,ali mahmoud..........if u get 100% filipinos u would be the same exact level as hong kong and thailand....short players who run around and shoot threes and cant get 1 rebound....ur only 2 players who are above 2 meters are australian and tongan with just a LITTLE philipino blood...so stop bragging about lebanon cuz they have 10 pure lebanese players on the roster , just 1 with roots and 1 naturalized player which is also legal.....CASE CLOSED !!!!

thelebanon
07-26-2007, 06:44 PM
allah ma3ak karim

kalem el hak aha

jason_28c
07-26-2007, 11:13 PM
for your information karim and thelebanon, Taulava and Pennisi is half blooded Filipino, they cant play in the PBA if one of their parents are not Filipino... So stop getting facts from hearsay.... Ok............

jason_28c
07-26-2007, 11:18 PM
hey philippines beat lebanon 4 - 1... so whats the fussed about.... stop arguing with the losers................

flipball
07-27-2007, 02:23 AM
China has announced their final 12 lineup for the hostilities that starts tomorrow:

Wang Bo (202-F-82)
Li Ke (208-C-80)
Chen Lei (195-G/F-83)
Bian Qiang (192-G-79)
Yang Ming (194-G-87)
Yi Li (204-F/G-87)
Chen Chen (197-F-86)
Han Shuo (198-G-89)
Wang Yong (202-F-86)
Gu Liye (208-C/F-86)
Zhang Kai (211-C-82)
Wu Qian (205-C/F-86)

Other teams will surely have their final lineup at the end of the day.

raichu08
07-27-2007, 02:45 AM
allah ma3ak karim

kalem el hak aha

naknamputa ang baho nyo!

BURATIN
07-27-2007, 03:00 AM
puta kaya puro fil-am ang philppines kasi madaming nagkakagustong american sa amin di gaya sa inyong mga araburat ang babaho nyo kasi, lamon kayo ng lamon ng sibuyas tapos di pa kayo naliligo, :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

translation: please stop all of this arguments :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bolabasket
07-27-2007, 03:21 AM
If RP and Jordan pass through second round, China's best finish would be 9th place. Remember only top 2 teams in each group advance. Same for others in the group.

onono1
07-27-2007, 03:43 AM
what i know is that RP has americans , they are legit but most of them were raised outside....in our current roster we have only 1 lebanese/american who lived abroad(beshara) and 1 naturalized player(vogel).......all the rest are 100% lebanese....what i know is that i,de rather have a naturalized player than a bunch of americans and australian and tongan who have philipino blood playing...so stop this talk about vogel....and show us some real philipino talent a player who was born and raised in philippines...you will never have a player like that close to the level of khatib,fahd,roy,abdelnour,ali mahmoud..........if u get 100% filipinos u would be the same exact level as hong kong and thailand....short players who run around and shoot threes and cant get 1 rebound....ur only 2 players who are above 2 meters are australian and tongan with just a LITTLE philipino blood...so stop bragging about lebanon cuz they have 10 pure lebanese players on the roster , just 1 with roots and 1 naturalized player which is also legal.....CASE CLOSED !!!!

Hey karim you're getting mad again ;) . Your blood level is getting higher, watch out you might get stroke dude....:p Just kidding bro...

joel23
07-27-2007, 04:27 AM
Tomorrow is game time! :D

The Filipinos can do this and bring your A game!!!

The most important for Philippines NT in FIBA-Asia. I should they need 3 D's to key will be success are!?

What are the mean 3 D's:

1.) Defense
2.) Discipline
3.) Determination

arnoldt
07-27-2007, 04:43 AM
the problem is that what the other people are seeing now with regards to our national teams are the skin colors and the surnames of our players. they will never understand because it is a cultural thing.

but for us filipinos we are fully behind this national team because we know that it goes beyond the colors of their skins and the surnames that they are carrying.

GO PINAS!!!

warren99
07-27-2007, 04:47 AM
dasal

kryptoniac
07-27-2007, 05:08 AM
As far as I'm concerned, these posters who kept on saying some of our guys are Americans, they're just saying this so they can have an excuse after RP team whip their NT butts. So they can say,"we lost because you have Americans etc. in your team". Cut the crap! These people may have been raised in other countries but they are still LEGALLY Filipinos, Hey I was born in Hawaii but I still am, and always will be Filipino. So stop these shits saying some of our players are not pure blodded Filipino, no one is! My wife is half chinese, my grandpa has
Indian blood, I was born in Hawaii, my friend is half American,..and so does it matter? Doggone NO! We are still Filipinos for cryin' out loud. Multi cultured, from 7,100 islands, under one and same nation, which is boldly and proudly written on our NT jerseys, it says "PILIPINAS!"

TechSupport
07-27-2007, 05:38 AM
in america, they were called "asians".
in asia, they are being called "americans.

wtf!?!?!?

kryptoniac
07-27-2007, 05:40 AM
Lolz! True though.

lovekomath
07-27-2007, 06:53 AM

Hey Karim. It shows you are nervous and Lebanon is afraid of Team Philippines. There is no such thing as 100% American or 100% Filipino. The true Americans are the Native Indians. Most Americans are mixed blood. Same is true with Filipinos.

The truth is the Philippine NT is much stronger than you ever imagined. :D

viperbravo
07-27-2007, 06:59 AM
PHILIPPINES's ROSTER

Jim
ALAPAG -/- 30/12/1977 CA
(USA) -
Mark Anthony
CAGUIOA -/- 19/11/1979 -
PHI -
Rommel Nino
PHI -
Ranidel
PHI -
Anthony Bryan
(USA) -
Anthony
PHI -
Donaldo
PHI -
Eric Conrad
MENK -/- 24/08/1974 MI
(USA) -
Gabriel Daniel
(USA) -
Michael
(AUS) -
Kerby
PHI -
Florendo
PHI -
Daniel Charles
SEIGLE -/- 14/06/1976 PA
(USA) -
Pauliasi
(TGA) -
Kelly
(USA) -
James Carlos
YAP -/- 15/02/1982 -
PHI -

Dude for your information, All this players had Filipino blood(so its USA-FILIPINO team not usa asian team..correct?).If you don't believed us, then its up to you my friend..:eek:

trans: Ignorance of the law, excuses no one!

viperbravo
07-27-2007, 07:05 AM

HAHAHAHAHA, you make me laugh, BEST IN ASIA, are you dreaming?:eek: If your league is the best in asia, then why your lebanon team naturalized Joe Vogel? hehehe..you better take your mental check-up first then come back later! PPPPPEEEAAACCCCEEEE

jundakki
07-27-2007, 07:09 AM
off topic:
want to watch the replay of Quatar vs Korea in 23rd FIBA Asia , it's now showin g at BTV

viperbravo
07-27-2007, 07:16 AM
The Filipino American (Fil-Am for short) community is the second largest Asian American group in the United States and the largest Southeast Asian American group.

Filipino Americans trace their ancestry back to the Philippines, an archipelagic nation in Southeast Asia that is south of Taiwan and east of the South China Sea.[2]

The 2000 U.S. Census counted 2.4 million Americans who identified as Filipino. This makes the Filipino American community account for about 22% of the Asian American population. The State Department claims that there are an estimated of 4 million Filipinos in the United States as of 2007.[USA] [3]

Filipino Americans are the largest subgroup of the Overseas Filipinos. More than half of the community are either naturalized or American-born, while the remainder are Filipino nationals or dual citizens of both the Philippines and the United States.

Most Filipino Americans reside in states such as California, Nevada, Hawaiʻi, Washington, Guam and in metropolitan areas of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City. States such as Florida, Maryland, Virginia, Texas, Alaska, and New Jersey are seeing growth in Filipino populations.

Congress has established the Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in May to commemorate Filipino American and Asian American culture in the United States. Upon becoming the largest Asian American group in California, Filipino American History Month was established in October. This is to acknowledge the first landing of Filipinos on October 18, 1587 in Morro Bay, California and is widely celebrated by Fil-Ams in the United States.

Dual citizenship

As a result of the passage of Philippines Republic Act No. 9225, also known as the Citizenship Retention and Re-Acquisition Act of 2003, Filipino Americans are eligible for dual citizenship in both the United States and the Philippines. Overseas suffrage was first employed in the May 2004 elections in which Philippine President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo was reelected to a second term.

In 2004, about 6,000 people became dual citizens of the Philippines and the United States. This act encourages many Filipino Americans to invest in the Philippines, buy land (only Filipino citizens are allowed to purchase land in the Philippines and the children of Filipino born Filipinos), vote in Philippine elections, retire in the Philippines, and participate in representing the Philippine flag.

Many dual citizens have been recruited to participate in international sports events such as the Olympic Games in Athens 2004, the 23rd Southeast Asian Games in Manila, the 15th Asian Games in 2006 and the upcoming Olympic Games in Beijing 2008.

In addition, the Philippine government actively encourages Filipino Americans to visit or return permanently to the Philippines via the "Balikbayan" program and to invest in the country. Philippine consulates facilitate this process in various areas of the United States. These are located in Chicago; Guam; Honolulu; Los Angeles; New York; Saipan; and San Francisco while honorary consulates are also available in Atlanta, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Majuro, Miami and New Orleans.

viperbravo
07-27-2007, 07:25 AM
off topic:
want to watch the replay of Quatar vs Korea in 23rd FIBA Asia , it's now showin g at BTV

link?ty

rodreyes
07-27-2007, 08:05 AM
hey philippines beat lebanon 4 - 1... so whats the fussed about.... stop arguing with the losers................

this is all that matters. To all filipinos out there, lets stop arguing with our lebanese friends. Let our game do the talking.

Losing is really a hard thing to swallow. Pagnatalo ka, sasabihin mo dinaya ka.

bolabasket
07-27-2007, 08:41 AM
link?ty
http://www.btv.com.ph/index.html

viperbravo
07-27-2007, 08:55 AM
http://www.btv.com.ph/index.html

thanks bro!

warren99
07-27-2007, 09:09 AM
hello everyone! is it true ba na sina yap, de ocampo, dela cruz ang out sa final 12? can you clarify i'm watching the replay of lebanon-korea on ch.5 nailipat ko sa ch.4 at narinig ko names nila. sorry kung mali.

daniab
07-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Guys forget Rp vs Leb subject.
Wait few days and we'll know which team is the best.

arnoldt
07-27-2007, 09:28 AM
hello everyone! is it true ba na sina yap, de ocampo, dela cruz ang out sa final 12? can you clarify i'm watching the replay of lebanon-korea on ch.5 nailipat ko sa ch.4 at narinig ko names nila. sorry kung mali.

i am also waiting for the news. so ritualo over james yap.

jundakki
07-27-2007, 09:31 AM

yes it's true, was announced in Teledyaryo Sports at NBN4

arnoldt
07-27-2007, 09:35 AM
yes it's true, was announced in Teledyaryo Sports at NBN4

i just hope that ritualo will be worth it.

dgenx
07-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Stop your stupid here.
1st: no cursing
2nd: behave
3rd: english

dgenx
07-27-2007, 10:44 AM

well thats according to you but majority of us beg to disagree.

TechSupport
07-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Guys forget Rp vs Leb subject.
Wait few days and we'll know which team is the best.
we'll never know until we meet each other in the quarters or semis. but one thing for sure, you'll not going to say that if rp is in the same group with japan and lebanon. you'll be crying now and praying that lebanon can atleast beat japan to secure 2 wins in round 1 because there's no way you're going to beat us with another hail-mary-ala-chamba-anak-ng-puta-bumaldog-sa-board-lucky three point shot again with our best player in danny siegle playing.

how lucky can you get?!?!?! :p

dgenx
07-27-2007, 10:45 AM

france is better than lebanon but lebanon won france in the world cup so the most important is the asian championship

duh! boris diaw and tony parker didnt even played. i doubt you can win if they are in the france NT.

dgenx
07-27-2007, 10:48 AM

so you are an attorney now dumb fool? naturalized player are worse than fil-am players when by sole reason you naturalized just to beef up your basketball NT. it is better if they were naturalized because they love to become citizens of lebanon.

TechSupport
07-27-2007, 10:49 AM

my 2-year-old daughter can count better than this moron.

4 wins compare to 1 lucky win. count ya' foo! :p

daniab
07-27-2007, 10:54 AM
duh! boris diaw and tony parker didnt even played. i doubt you can win if they are in the france NT.
Boris Diaw played this game against Leb in the WCC 2006,only Tony parker didn't play.

And for more infos:
Basketbal: Lebanon upsets France at world championships

Joseph Vogel's free throw with 23 seconds left Wednesday lifted Lebanon to a stunning 74-73 win over France at the basketball world championship.
Vogel, who was born in the United States but has Lebanese citizenship, made a hook shot with 23.8 seconds remaining to give Lebanon a 73-72 lead.

Boris Diaw of the Phoenix Suns made it 74-73 with a free throw, but missed his second attempt. Laurent Foirest grapped the rebound off Diaw's missed free throw and shot a 6-meter jumper from the baseline, which bounced off the rim.

France (2-2) tied the game 68-68 with 1:45 left on a baseline jumper by Diaw. Rony Fahed hit a 3-pointer to give Lebanon a 71-68 lead.

Fadi El Khatib led Lebanon (2-2) with 29 points.

"I can't explain what happened today,'' said El Khatib. "We wanted to play good basketball after two losses and show that Lebanon has talent. We are happy for our country.''
El Khatib scored 14 first-half points and Lebanon took a 43-30 lead at the break.

Diaw, who played 29 minutes, led France with 14 points. Florent Pietrus had 14.

France went on an 11-point run to open the third quarter and was down 53-49 heading into the final period.

"We played bad in the first half,'' said France's Joseph Gomis. "We came back in the second half, but it wasn't enough and this is very embarrassing.''

Lebanon lost all five games and finished last at the 2002 worlds in Indianapolis. It beat Venezuela in its first game and could advance to the second round here with a win over Nigeria on Thursday.

Lebanon was forced to play Wednesday's game without American coach Paul Coughter, who was ill with the flu and stayed at the team hotel.

"This is a historic win for us,'' said assistant coach Khalaf Koussay, who took over for Coughter. "I think France took it easy because they saw our last two games.''

France will face Venezuela on Thursday.

;)

daniab
07-27-2007, 10:59 AM
And France have 6 players in the NBA without Tony parker:Gelebale,Turiaf,the 2 brothers (Pietrus), Johan Petro,Boris Diaw.And don't forget Foirest (X NBA).

In the same WCC , France got the fifth position after winning turkey and Lithuania in the Classification games.

daniab
07-27-2007, 11:01 AM
stfu stupid daniab

Show some respect bro, no need to be angry.

igorotski
07-27-2007, 11:30 AM
so you are an attorney now dumb fool?

stfu stupid daniab.
were those rle necessary to write ??

get some facts first before posting

*sigh* such an embarrassment for Philippines. anothr reason why filipinos are hated in the world..

appimo
07-27-2007, 11:43 AM
were those rle necessary to write ??

get some facts first before posting

...you know why this got edited...

I just hope you fucking crawl up to whatever mountain you came from and stay there till the day you die!

Silent Killer
07-27-2007, 11:46 AM
the final 12 for RPNT

1.Taulava
2. Pennisi
3. Raymundo
4. Williams
5. Norwood
6. Menk
7. Seigle
8. Caguioa
9. Hontiveros
10. Ritualo
11. Alapag
12. Helterbrand

Reserves: De Ocampo, Yap, Dela Cruz

jrb0yd
07-27-2007, 12:20 PM
off topic: just to give u a lesson karim... the reigning mvp of the pba(our pro league) for the past 2 years are full blooded filipinos... and when lebanon played here in manila 2 yrs ago, renren ritualo, a full blooded filipino and a former teammate of my bro bombed your lebanon team with his 3 pointers... and finally mark caguioa, 3 time pba scoring champion and currently the team's leading scorer (who also happens to be a full blooded filipino) took your guards (mahmoud and fahed) to school... now case closed!!!

igorotski
07-27-2007, 12:26 PM
daniab was right on one thread: everyones patriotic. we support our team and say its the best. even i support RP so hard and hope to get the ticket to beijing. of course, u dont expect Lebanese to say "RP will win", "RP is better than Leb".. right?? u have to understand them cus they love Lebanon as we do for our RP. let's support but lets not reach the point we're turning into uneducated kids who love trash-talking and narrow understanding. better say "Go RP" than "Leb sux, u moron" or something like that

guys,if we were in front of each other, cud u say mean things like u did in previous posts? i dont think so. u might jus get hurt

btw, on that foreign blood issue:

(leb blood)
Vogel- 0%
beshara- 50%
the rest(10)- 100%

average= 87.5%

that's the % of leb blood on the team
guys can we compare ours to theirs??

so stop complaing their a bunch of foreignblooded ballers. they aint qatar!
anyhow, it's not good to talk abt that cus both teams follow fiba rules regarding naturalizations,halfblodeds and stuff.

psychopath
07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
another moron!

Another reason why Filipino are hated in the world.This one of those dumbest and stupidest statement I ever read!

I just hope you fucking crawl up to whatever mountain you came from and stay there till the day you die!

bro, i think saints and igorotski just wanna play the role of a mediator between the filipinos and the other foreigners here (pa-pogi aura)

thats why im not surprise now, why they bash even their countryman
but, i hope they can also bash other nationalities here when those foreigners say stupid things about one's country also (para hinde nman icipin ng mga pilipino dito na papogi lng kau sa mga foreigners)

yeah, being considered as an unbiased poster here by the foreigners is nice
haha
thats what they wanna be
thats what they're trying to be
thats what they enjoy
so dont stop them from being such
lol

appimo
07-27-2007, 12:37 PM
daniab was right on one thread: everyones patriotic. we support our team and say its the best. even i support RP so hard and hope to get the ticket to beijing. of course, u dont expect Lebanese to say "RP will win", "RP is better than Leb".. right?? u have to understand them cus they love Lebanon as we do for our RP. let's support but lets not reach the point we're turning into uneducated kids who love trash-talking and narrow understanding. better say "Go RP" than "Leb sux, u moron" or something like that

guys,if we were in front of each other, cud u say mean things like u did in previous posts? i dont think so. u might jus get hurt

(leb blood)
Vogel- 0%
beshara- 50%
the rest(10)- 100%

average= 87.5%

anyhow, it's not good to talk abt that cus both teams follow fiba rules regarding naturalizations,halfblodeds and stuff.

Vogel have 0% blood, Beshara 50% and their still alive. This one is for the X-files!

Half-blooded?! And they we're beaten by whom?!

Foreignblooded ballers?! I thought today was just the openning, why are the players all blooded and stuff!

psychopath
07-27-2007, 12:49 PM

(leb blood)
Vogel- 0%
beshara- 50%
the rest(10)- 100%

average= 87.5%

yeah ur right

put more simple and impartial:

team leb--> 1 naturalized player--> legal (not ur prob. coz fiba allows this)
team RP--> fil-am players --> legal (not our prob. if there are many filipinos in USA)

fil-am issues, lebanese blood percentage among their players ratio blah blah (LOL:D) ETC... are useless here since both teams build their team the legal way

its like this:

filipinos wanted to naturalized a player
but they cant (dunno wats the reason)

on the other side, no matter how hard lebanese would deny this... but...
lebanese also wanted to have american-blooded players
but they cant (maybe they're citizens wanted to stay only in lebanon)

joel23
07-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Tomorrow is game time! :D

The Filipinos can do this and bring your A game!!!

The most important for Philippines NT in FIBA-Asia. I should they need 3 D's to key will be success are!?

What are the mean 3 D's:

1.) Defense
2.) Discipline
3.) Determination

igorotski
07-27-2007, 01:04 PM
bro, i think saints and igorotski just wanna play the role of a mediator between the filipinos and the other foreigners here (pa-pogi aura)

thats why im not surprise now, why they bash even their countryman
but, i hope they can also bash other nationalities here when those foreigners say stupid things about one's country also (para hinde nman icipin ng mga pilipino dito na papogi lng kau sa mga foreigners)

yeah, being considered as an unbiased poster here by the foreigners is nice
haha
thats what they wanna be
thats what they're trying to be
thats what they enjoy
so dont stop them from being such
lol

the thing is i saw only ONE foreigner who acted like a fool on anothr thread. i defended one pinoy who he called an 'idiot' after giving an opinion..

well, i cant blame Leb posters cus they reacted from a pinoy post on page 59.. then there came the lebs who reacted after their naturalizd stuff was brought up. they talkd abt pennisi,taulava,and other fil-ams.. well, i coulda defended our line-up but if u average the filipino blood in the roster.. we dont have much nativeblood percentage like they do (shown on my prev. post)

Taulava- 25%
Pennisi-50%
Menk- 50%
Raymundo-100%
Norwood- 25%
williams-25%
Seigle- 50%
Caguioa-100%
Hontiveros- 100%
Ritualo-100%
Alapag- 100%
helterbrand- 100%

avrg= 68.75% filipino blood on rp team

anyhow, forget abt this cus what matters is we followed FIBA rules regarding things like this

joel23
07-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Boris Diaw played this game against Leb in the WCC 2006,only Tony parker didn't play.

And for more infos:
Basketbal: Lebanon upsets France at world championships

Joseph Vogel's free throw with 23 seconds left Wednesday lifted Lebanon to a stunning 74-73 win over France at the basketball world championship.
Vogel, who was born in the United States but has Lebanese citizenship, made a hook shot with 23.8 seconds remaining to give Lebanon a 73-72 lead.

Boris Diaw of the Phoenix Suns made it 74-73 with a free throw, but missed his second attempt. Laurent Foirest grapped the rebound off Diaw's missed free throw and shot a 6-meter jumper from the baseline, which bounced off the rim.

France (2-2) tied the game 68-68 with 1:45 left on a baseline jumper by Diaw. Rony Fahed hit a 3-pointer to give Lebanon a 71-68 lead.

Fadi El Khatib led Lebanon (2-2) with 29 points.

"I can't explain what happened today,'' said El Khatib. "We wanted to play good basketball after two losses and show that Lebanon has talent. We are happy for our country.''
El Khatib scored 14 first-half points and Lebanon took a 43-30 lead at the break.

Diaw, who played 29 minutes, led France with 14 points. Florent Pietrus had 14.

France went on an 11-point run to open the third quarter and was down 53-49 heading into the final period.

"We played bad in the first half,'' said France's Joseph Gomis. "We came back in the second half, but it wasn't enough and this is very embarrassing.''

Lebanon lost all five games and finished last at the 2002 worlds in Indianapolis. It beat Venezuela in its first game and could advance to the second round here with a win over Nigeria on Thursday.

Lebanon was forced to play Wednesday's game without American coach Paul Coughter, who was ill with the flu and stayed at the team hotel.

"This is a historic win for us,'' said assistant coach Khalaf Koussay, who took over for Coughter. "I think France took it easy because they saw our last two games.''

France will face Venezuela on Thursday.

;)

The Filipinos too can do this against France if Tony Parker will not play

joel23
07-27-2007, 01:13 PM
williams-25%

williams-50%
pennisi-37%

joel23
07-27-2007, 01:15 PM
20hours left before game time! :D

The Filipinos can do this and bring your A everygame!!!

What are the mean 3 D's:

1.) Defense
2.) Discipline
3.) Determination

HammerJack
07-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Joel23 Your A- mazing!!! :D

daniab
07-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks igorotski for ur respectfull role on interbasket.
Peace.

ctongco
07-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Guys, we all love our respective national teams and that enthusiasm is good. However, bashing other nationalities and national teams with senseless reasoning will not help. We are suppose to discuss basketball here as mature individuals. Cursing and bashing should be avoided so that we can share information and ideas. Being a member of a forum does not give you the right to express whatever it is that you feel/want, most especially if those are against what the forum stands for. Let's just converse sensibly, ok? No offense meant to anyone. Peace. :)