PDA

View Full Version : 24th FIBA-Asia Championship [Jul 28-Aug 5 Japan]

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Project888
06-08-2007, 04:15 PM
KSA(Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) withdraw from Asian championship 2007 according to a Lebanese newspaper.

So Group B : Lebanon,Japan and UAE .

WHOOOOOOO! GROUP B IS SO LUCKY!! the fiba asia championships is getting better every min.!!! WHOOOOO!

donmar
06-08-2007, 04:20 PM
WHOOOOOOO! GROUP B IS SO LUCKY!! the fiba asia championships is getting better every min.!!! WHOOOOO!

We should request to field an RP B team for the Group B :D .... hehehe!!!

saints13
06-08-2007, 09:25 PM
I hope that there will be a lot of videos uploaded in the youtube about Asian Teams, like Jordan, Syria, Japan, South Korea and China their games and particular players so that we will have a preview of how team will fair in Tokushima this July. :)

CHINA TEAM
06-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Go~china b team,good luck
http://digi.chinafotopress.com/midimg/7744000/mid7744997.jpg

igorotski
06-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Go~china b team,good luck
http://digi.chinafotopress.com/midimg/7744000/mid7744997.jpg

after promoting Wang Lei, Liu Xiaoyu and Ding Jinghui to Team A, then who'll be team B's key players? yang ming?hes now on Team B ryt?

CHINA TEAM
06-09-2007, 02:44 AM
after promoting Wang Lei, Liu Xiaoyu and Ding Jinghui to Team A, then who'll be team B's key players? yang ming?hes now on Team B ryt?
Hehe,look like you are so inetrested in us?nice question.

in fact ,those 3 guys to team a because they did better in china b VS china a.
but in china a team,with out YAO;YI;DU,there are about 20 members at least. so,before 24th fiba AC,from A team positive have 3-4 members down to b team to resupply b team!~and in b team there is only a C Zhangkai (2.10M),i think they are Zhangsongtao(c) and dingjinhui possible(PF).and don't forget,our C Menck bater!~

http://pics.dahangzhou.com/UploadPic/2006/08/23/20060823170259976964.jpg

Phantim3dx
06-09-2007, 02:47 AM

but in china a team,with out YAO;YI;DU,there are about 20 members at least. so,before 24th fiba AC,from A team positive have 3-4 members down to b team to resupply b team!~and in b team there is only a C Zhangkai (2.10M),i think they are Zhangsongtao(c) and dingjinhui possible(PF).and don't forget,our C Menck bater!~

of course they are interested in your team china team. you guys will host the olympics; win or lose you still will there, so if anything you guys will be playing for pride

and second china's basketball team is the team to beat in asia these days because they are the strongest, not the lowly ranked Philippines team who barks bigger than its actual fight ;)

CHINA TEAM
06-09-2007, 02:51 AM

He will be the C of china b team possible!~:eek:
http://img.photo.163.com/QvA1_QNAcAWUlgPbhny7OQ==/164099911425422756.jpg

watiwawa
06-09-2007, 02:56 AM
We should request to field an RP B team for the Group B :D .... hehehe!!!

who'll be the members???

SLAUGHTER-7'0(kung totoo, magaling at FIL-AM tlga)
AGUILAR-6'9
WASHINGTON-6'7
WILLIAMS-6'6
NORWOOD-6'5

bench
devance-6'7
ryan reyes-6'3
jayr reyes-6'8(not xur sa height nia)
eman-6'10
chiu-6'9
a. santos-6'5

i think we have match against china b team... or even lebanon w/ this team.... the only problem is that they are not exposed internationally....

and lyk china's b team... other players of this team can also be elevated to the a team lyk norwood and williiams

Phantim3dx
06-09-2007, 03:27 AM
"chiu-6'9" are you referring to the guy whoplayed high school ball here in the US?

if so this kid would get rocked in the intl scene and even mentioning his name in a b team none the less is just down right ignorance(if it is the chiu who played high school ball here in the states)

sure the kid may have led his team in points(around 15-17 ppg) in high school but thats not really spectacular enough that a D1 ncaa team would pick him up. the kid is slow he wold get rocked in the intl scene

watiwawa
06-09-2007, 04:51 AM
no!!!

he's a guy from babuyan island!!!

brownwarrior
06-09-2007, 06:53 AM
who'll be the members???

AGUILAR-6'9
WASHINGTON-6'7
WILLIAMS-6'6
NORWOOD-6'5

bench
devance-6'7
ryan reyes-6'3
eman-6'10
chiu-6'9
a. santos-6'5

i think we have match against china b team... or even lebanon w/ this team.... the only problem is that they are not exposed internationally....

and lyk china's b team... other players of this team can also be elevated to the a team lyk norwood and williiams
Nice height for this line-up, your problem will be bringing the ball downcourt. I bet the DE La Salle Green Archers would full-court press this team silly.:D

watiwawa
06-09-2007, 07:27 AM
Nice height for this line-up, your problem will be bringing the ball downcourt. I bet the DE La Salle Green Archers would full-court press this team silly.:D

lack of guards in this team... sori...

but havin norwood and ryan reyes two us ncaa players is good ryt???

but still lack of guards....

saints13
06-09-2007, 08:47 AM
AGUILAR-6'9
WASHINGTON-6'7
WILLIAMS-6'6
NORWOOD-6'5

bench
devance-6'7
ryan reyes-6'3
eman-6'10
chiu-6'9
a. santos-6'5

they may be good individually or tall, i wonder how they look like when they play as a team.

I've seen the 1st RP vs Lebanon friendship game in Cuneta Astrodome, Pasay City, I was there live, not too many were watching. The RP team struggled in the 1st half, and the referees were calling weird calls, it made the American coach of the Lebanese squad to complain frequently. When it's read on the newspapers, it seems like na napakalakas ng RP team, pero ang totoo eh hirap na hirap tayo against Lebanon, nagkataon lang na nakasunod sunod ng 3pts si Ritualo tapos binangko na si El Khatib, he might be injured because he has ice all over his ankle. Notable players than Ritualo was Ranidel de Ocampo for his defense on El Khatib and his offensive rebounds against taller forwards of Lebanon, pati yun mga 3 pts ni Pennisi, lason. I wonder why Filipinos fancy pitting players because they're tall, because they've seen them play good, what matters is will they work well together?

That was the time na narealize ko na talagang ang laki ng difference with maturity of players, si Willie Miller lang halos ang pumapalag nung una, pagdating kay Fadi El Khatib, everybody was a mismatch, even Taulava, Santos and Miller as well as everybody had their fouls each just to stop him, it was Ranidel who did the stopping effort really work.

Watiwawa, with all due respect, the team you've composed based on your taste will not even have a chance against the current RP team, now your saying they have a chance against China B and Lebanon, you won't earn respect for our RP teamif you don't even respect the strong teams in Asia.

Ni wala ngang natural point guard sa line-up mo, and you expect them to win against Lebanon or China B?

Let's be realistic, let's stop speculations na parang pangPlaystation. I agree with you tol Watiwawa, but I think you're event oriented, we Filipinos should be program oriented, it's not who's gonna play, who's gonna be in the line-up, its what we should do with the line-up, how do we prepare the team. We may have resources of tall players, pero how will you group them together, instantly ba? It will take a program for that.

Malas1
06-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Hey Guys....

Hope you all are fine....long time.... :)

I passed by to tell you my opinion about the draw and prediction about what will happen despite my large disappointment about the atmosphere which was around the draw......

- Group A:
As most of us agreed......this is the group of "Death".....I think that philippines will appear in a good shape as they're back to Asia family....there will be a very big competition between Philippines, Iran and my country Jordan......

China will stay china even with their U20 team....the name is enough....very talented players with nice heights and with big future....

I really liked the performance which was given by the filipinos in the latest Asian Clubs Champs...they have a very smart point guard (Mark Cagioua), adding to one of the best forwards in asia in my opinion Danny Seigle......

To be honest...I have a good feeling that jordan can do something......i'm not saying that because i'm jordanian....but as you all noticed....Jordanian basketball federation is working hard to make the team's image better than before.....the beginning was signning with Mario Palma and finally Rasheim Wright naturalization passing by the coming back of Sam Daghlas....

About Iran, they are so tough as they have very good couple of players who have breaveness and insisting of win...they have now a serbian coach and i think they will appear in good shape.....

My predictions of qualifiers from this group..... 1st: China .... 2nd: Iran or Jordan (Iran are most probable)....

- Group B:

Lebanon will find their way easily to 2nd round esspecially that Saudi Arabia has withdrawn from the tournament....Japan is same thing....

UAE has very high numbers in 3-pts shooting...they may put Japan or Lebanon in the corner in some parts of the game.....

My predictions of qualifiers from this group........1st: Lebanon....2nd: Japan

- Group C:

The draw helped qatar so much...they will have time to look at other teams performance while they are having easy games in 1st round...

Kazakhstan will follow qatar.....I hope that India and Indonesia will appear well in the tournament....

- Group D:
Its another tough group.....South Korea wont find any easy game esspecially against Syria and Taiwan...

Syria has signed with american head coach John Sneed to lead the roster which will contain 3 brazilian/syian players for the 1st time...i think they will have a new face in everything.......

Taiwan is also a very developed team in the last few years......but they still have time build a solid team for future.....

My predictions of qualifiers from this group........1st: South Korea...2nd: Syria.....

Finally....The only thing that i'm sure of that one of the qualifiers from Group A will be part of the final game of Asian Champ.....Which i think will be between China and Lebanon.....lets wait and see.....

Its gonna be so hot this summer....so good luck for all teams.......

Regards,
Mohammed Malas

jrb0yd
06-09-2007, 10:12 AM
welcome malas... that's a great analysis... but of course since im a filipino and i believe in the talent of my team, i'll go for my team no matter what... all im sure is that the group A is very tough because all of the teams there have talent and all of them are taking this tournament seriously...

like jordan they even went abroad like our country for further trainings, and then they naturalize rasheim wright... that's just to show how serious they are... its gonna be tough...

China: you're right even if its team b or u20, its still china... china will play for pride... but the big question here is are they ready to play with the big boys?

Iran: to be honest i don't know them that much but all i know is they have improved a lot... the good thing for our team is that our NT coach has been scouting iran since 2005 so i would say when we face them we already have a clue on how they play...

My beloved country, Philippines: in my opinion, no team is more serious in this tournament than the philippines... i know that many teams are taking this tournament seriously but i would say nothing compares to phils... when our suspension was lifted, the team went back to work... two of the giant business entities in the philippines helped shoulder the training of rp... the training alone allocated for the training of our NT is around 1.5 million dollars...the team was formed last march12 and from there they didn't stop their training... they went to US for training and then participated in the fiba-asia club and then within this week they are going to belgrade serbia for further trainings... when my team had a bad tournament in iran which for me is excusable, the team was reviewed by the basketball panel and they find out ways on how to improve the team... that's just show how very serious we are... our battlecry is we believe!

anyway, Goodluck to all! i know there's gonna be a lot of surprises comes the fiba-asia championship... cheers!

igorotski
06-09-2007, 10:56 AM
My heart says Philippinnes will make it

But my mind says, Philippines most likely wont.

daniab
06-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Great analysis Malas1,
For sure that Asian champ 2007 will be different than asian champ 2005 specially with the come back to many teams like syria,philippine.
My opinion about the draw:
Group A
China ,all of u know whose china and what can do even they play in China Z.:D
Jordan ,this team is most preferable to go with china to 2nd round.They have 3 or 4 players in the best in asia Rasheim(29.6 per game),Sam doughlas(6.9 assist per game),Ayman Deis(17.7 ppg,14.8 rpg),and many good players!!
Iran,the taller asian team next to china (Hamed Ahadadi 217 cm),Moosa Nabipoor (206 cm),Aidin Nek Khah Bahrami (202),Pooya Tadjik (202) and one of the best point guard in asia Mehdi Kamrani.
Philippine very fast team ,they have one of the best guard in asia Mark Caguiao(22.7 ppg) and one of the best forward in asian cup Danny Seigle(21.5 ppg) and the big guy Asi Taulava (17.5 ppg,10.9 rpg).
They will have a difficulty against China,jordan and Iran bcz those 3 teams are very tall when Filippino players are very short .

Group B
Lebanon will qualified easly to second round,we have the second best player in asia Fadi el Khatib(29.6 ppg), One of the best Center in asia Joe Vogel(211 cm).
Japan also will qualfied easly to next round with all my respect to UAE.

Group C
No comment !! Quatar and Kazakhstan surely to 2nd round ;)

Group D
Very tough group,i think S.korea and Syria will qualified to 2nd round !!

Good luck for all Of you,and hope Lebanon do the dream and take the Olympics ticket !!

watiwawa
06-09-2007, 12:58 PM
they may be good individually or tall, i wonder how they look like when they play as a team.

I've seen the 1st RP vs Lebanon friendship game in Cuneta Astrodome, Pasay City, I was there live, not too many were watching. The RP team struggled in the 1st half, and the referees were calling weird calls, it made the American coach of the Lebanese squad to complain frequently. When it's read on the newspapers, it seems like na napakalakas ng RP team, pero ang totoo eh hirap na hirap tayo against Lebanon, nagkataon lang na nakasunod sunod ng 3pts si Ritualo tapos binangko na si El Khatib, he might be injured because he has ice all over his ankle. Notable players than Ritualo was Ranidel de Ocampo for his defense on El Khatib and his offensive rebounds against taller forwards of Lebanon, pati yun mga 3 pts ni Pennisi, lason. I wonder why Filipinos fancy pitting players because they're tall, because they've seen them play good, what matters is will they work well together?

That was the time na narealize ko na talagang ang laki ng difference with maturity of players, si Willie Miller lang halos ang pumapalag nung una, pagdating kay Fadi El Khatib, everybody was a mismatch, even Taulava, Santos and Miller as well as everybody had their fouls each just to stop him, it was Ranidel who did the stopping effort really work.

Watiwawa, with all due respect, the team you've composed based on your taste will not even have a chance against the current RP team, now your saying they have a chance against China B and Lebanon, you won't earn respect for our RP teamif you don't even respect the strong teams in Asia.

Ni wala ngang natural point guard sa line-up mo, and you expect them to win against Lebanon or China B?

Let's be realistic, let's stop speculations na parang pangPlaystation. I agree with you tol Watiwawa, but I think you're event oriented, we Filipinos should be program oriented, it's not who's gonna play, who's gonna be in the line-up, its what we should do with the line-up, how do we prepare the team. We may have resources of tall players, pero how will you group them together, instantly ba? It will take a program for that.

sori p0h sir,, and you say it na pg binuo agad hindi lang talents... sa tingin bro pde rin mangyare un china b....

thnx bro... that team is assembled because they are young w/ talents(except slaughter)... but i think it's safe to say that they are the bright spots of the future of PILIPINAS basketball team... thanks...

TEAM PILIPINAS,, we believe!!!

saints13
06-09-2007, 01:27 PM
sori p0h sir,, and you say it na pg binuo agad hindi lang talents... sa tingin bro pde rin mangyare un china b....

thnx bro... that team is assembled because they are young w/ talents(except slaughter)... but i think it's safe to say that they are the bright spots of the future of PILIPINAS basketball team... thanks...

TEAM PILIPINAS,, we believe!!!

that's ok, did i sound rude? :(

I believe too.. :)

Malas1
06-09-2007, 01:29 PM
This year will be the most tough competition in the tournament's history....this chance of qualifying to the olympics comes 1 each 100 years for some teams.....so everyone are getting ready to utilize it.....

Phantim3dx
06-09-2007, 03:03 PM
lack of guards in this team... sori...

but havin norwood and ryan reyes two us ncaa players is good ryt???

but still lack of guards....

norwood can bring the ball up with ease, he has done it on several occasion with GMU the year they did really good. he might not be a true pg but he wold eat the green archers alive just like how he and his teammates pretty much ran thru everyone the year gmu did really good in the NCAA. norwood can bring the ball up no problem if he wanted to. his height and other abilities are jsut a bit tad higher than the coach of gmu wanted him playing another spot

watiwawa
06-09-2007, 03:31 PM
so, norwood is also familiar w/ a run and gun style lyk the rp team plays.. ayt??

'cause as far as i know GMU is also a small team,,

then the only question remains is...

can norwood play defense??? i think he can, cause in us ncaa, defense is the fundamental of the game...

thanks Phantim3dx for some infos...

spreekanick
06-09-2007, 04:50 PM
who'll be the members???

AGUILAR-6'9
WASHINGTON-6'7
WILLIAMS-6'6
NORWOOD-6'5

bench
devance-6'7
ryan reyes-6'3
eman-6'10
chiu-6'9
a. santos-6'5

c'mon dude..jay-r reyes and samigue eman? they can't even play that well..jay-r reyes can score coz he's big in PBA but internationally?! He'll flap againts lebanon and china..

devance?! - i think he'll be like a BRYAN GAHOL(high expectations but where's he now?)....hehehe no offence but that's what i see.. :)

i haven't seen chiu, japeth(the japeth now..not before), and slaughter plays..
can't judge them... :)
as for the rest of the team..they are good.

but i do respect your opinion for our TEAM...
i like some of your choices... :)

Phantim3dx
06-09-2007, 07:21 PM
so, norwood is also familiar w/ a run and gun style lyk the rp team plays.. ayt??

'cause as far as i know GMU is also a small team,,

then the only question remains is...

can norwood play defense??? i think he can, cause in us ncaa, defense is the fundamental of the game...

thanks Phantim3dx for some infos...

GMU is a small team when they had success, how would you exactly define run and gun style, because as far as im concerned the offensive scheme of GMU is more of 4 out 1 in the paint, not so much run and gun but setup for outside shooting since guys tend to be bigger than them.
I'm sure norwood could play defense in terms of asian standards, not to belittle asian leagues or level of play; asian leagues and basketball just don't like to bang bodies. now if you said, can norwood play defense, and norwood came from lets say the big 12 or big east conference, then yeah i would say his defensive capabilities would be higher and more physical than average because its embedded in the minds (as i got a quick lesson in pickup games) that u foul to foul hard and to intimidate.

now if u mean run and gun as in fastbreak all the time and dont send extra bodies for the rebound, physically norwood is well enough in conditioning to run up and down the court without much problem. there's obviously a reason why chot is interested in him, although personally i think having him play for the PHIL natl team is pretty much naturalizing him even though he has a small percentage of fil bloodline. to me its kind of a foot in the mouth when we bash qatar is it, for naturalizing players, when the phil basketball program is somehow trying to find a loophole in the system to let norwood play frot he rp team who has small traces of fil bloodline. either ways it would be good for norwood to play for the rp team no matter what, i guess i wish other would bash less about qatar and naturalizing most of their players in the past.

personally norwood would not be able to make it to the NBA, he should go to europe and play more basketball there for a few yrs.

saints13
06-09-2007, 07:58 PM
GMU is a small team when they had success, how would you exactly define run and gun style, because as far as im concerned the offensive scheme of GMU is more of 4 out 1 in the paint, not so much run and gun but setup for outside shooting since guys tend to be bigger than them.
I'm sure norwood could play defense in terms of asian standards, not to belittle asian leagues or level of play; asian leagues and basketball just don't like to bang bodies. now if you said, can norwood play defense, and norwood came from lets say the big 12 or big east conference, then yeah i would say his defensive capabilities would be higher and more physical than average because its embedded in the minds (as i got a quick lesson in pickup games) that u foul to foul hard and to intimidate.

now if u mean run and gun as in fastbreak all the time and dont send extra bodies for the rebound, physically norwood is well enough in conditioning to run up and down the court without much problem. there's obviously a reason why chot is interested in him, although personally i think having him play for the PHIL natl team is pretty much naturalizing him even though he has a small percentage of fil bloodline. to me its kind of a foot in the mouth when we bash qatar is it, for naturalizing players, when the phil basketball program is somehow trying to find a loophole in the system to let norwood play frot he rp team who has small traces of fil bloodline. either ways it would be good for norwood to play for the rp team no matter what, i guess i wish other would bash less about qatar and naturalizing most of their players in the past.

personally norwood would not be able to make it to the NBA, he should go to europe and play more basketball there for a few yrs.

yes, Philippines is the mother of naturalizing players :) we can't blame others to follow...we should not be envious of other countries' success just like Qatar and Lebanon...and now Jordan and Syria...pare-parehas naman tayong nag-iimport ng players eh..hehehe

asapa11
06-10-2007, 12:54 AM
yes, Philippines is the mother of naturalizing players :) we can't blame others to follow...we should not be envious of other countries' success just like Qatar and Lebanon...and now Jordan and Syria...pare-parehas naman tayong nag-iimport ng players eh..hehehe

i believe the Philippines doesnt have a single naturalized player.

donmar
06-10-2007, 01:16 AM
i believe the Philippines doesnt have a single naturalized player.

I agree... we don't have naturalized players... the last naturalized players we have was Dennis Still, Jeff Moore and Arthur Engelland... and that was back in the mid-80s

reamily
06-10-2007, 01:59 AM
SLAUGHTER-7'0(English please)
AGUILAR-6'9
(WASHINGTON-6'7-a team)
(WILLIAMS-6'6-a team)
(NORWOOD-6'5-a team)
devance-6'7
intal 6'4
cabagnot-6'1

bench
ryan reyes-6'3
jayr reyes-6'8(not ENGLISH please)
eman-6'10
chiu-6'9
a. santos-6'5-
canaleta 6'6
cardona-6'1
fonacier6'2

probably small English please rp team younger version

saints13
06-10-2007, 05:59 AM
I agree... we don't have naturalized players... the last naturalized players we have was Dennis Still, Jeff Moore and Arthur Engelland... and that was back in the mid-80s

that's what i meant..
we were the 1st one to capitalize on that..
the 1985 Ron Jacobs Asian Championship team in Kuala Lumpur that beaten China in the finals..
I wasn't one year old back then, my father said that the naturalized players did most of the damage for China...
I disagree that the Philippines doesn't have naturalized players..
we're owning too much foreign-bred players who claim Filipino roots..
English please...

daniab
06-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Syria National Team 2007 Players:
Michel Maadanli of Al Jalaa Aleppo
Hikmat Haddad of Al Jalaa Aleppo
Wissam Yakoub of Al Jalaa Aleppo
Sharif El Sharif of Al Jalaa Aleppo
Salah Shawa of Al Ittihad Aleppo
Firas Al Masri of Al Ittihad Aleppo
Mhd Nour Al Saman of Army Club
Ramy El Khatib of Army club
Hakam Abdalla of Army Club
Radwan Hasaballah of Army Club
Omar Karkutly of Al Wehda Damascus
Shadi Lebs of Al Wehda Damascus
Sameer Al Daqs of Al Hurriya

Where is the 3 syrian/Brazilian players ???

Malas1
06-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Syria National Team 2007 Players:
Michel Maadanli of Al Jalaa Aleppo
Hikmat Haddad of Al Jalaa Aleppo
Wissam Yakoub of Al Jalaa Aleppo
Sharif El Sharif of Al Jalaa Aleppo
Salah Shawa of Al Ittihad Aleppo
Firas Al Masri of Al Ittihad Aleppo
Mhd Nour Al Saman of Army Club
Ramy El Khatib of Army club
Hakam Abdalla of Army Club
Radwan Hasaballah of Army Club
Omar Karkutly of Al Wehda Damascus
Shadi Lebs of Al Wehda Damascus
Sameer Al Daqs of Al Hurriya

Where is the 3 syrian/Brazilian players ???

They did'nt agree with them.......it seems no budget.....
still the roster lack from some important players in my opinion esspecially in point guard...such as Rami Merjaneh and Sari Papazyan....

Michel Madaanli will not play in WABA....he has just made a surgery in his foot...no so big injury....

daniab
06-10-2007, 07:57 AM
still the roster lack from some important players in my opinion esspecially in point guard...such as Rami Merjaneh and Sari Papazyan....

Michel Madaanli will not play in WABA....he has just made a surgery in his foot...no so big injury....

Bad news for Syria,i think in this roster syria will not do anything in Asian champ.
Malas1,i heard that Waba champ will not play , true or false ??

Malas1
06-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Bad news for Syria,i think in this roster syria will not do anything in Asian champ.
Malas1,i heard that Waba champ will not play , true or false ??

No..there will be as it will be a very important preperation for the top 4 teams.....

daniab
06-10-2007, 08:28 AM
No..there will be as it will be a very important preperation for the top 4 teams.....

Yeah i'm with u,it will be a very important preparation for those 4 teams ,but yesterday in a program on tv with Lebanese president federation,they said that a news about waba champ that this last will not play and the waba federation wait Yemen to know if they will play or not !!and if not waba will not play :confused:

spreekanick
06-10-2007, 08:42 AM
daniab..any news on the LEBANON NT? is fadi el khatib playing? how about vogel? I heard they have a new head coach...

daniab
06-10-2007, 08:56 AM
daniab..any news on the LEBANON NT? is fadi el khatib playing? how about vogel? I heard they have a new head coach...

Fadi el khatib will join to Lebanon NT on 11 june,Rony fahed on 13.Ali Mahmoud on 15,and Jean abdel nour on 17 .
Dragan Ratza (Serbian) the new head coach !!
And about vogel,the Lebanese federation still trying to let vogel come back,probably he will join on 30 june before Jones Cup !!

SkyWalker
06-10-2007, 09:50 AM

i think, they are trying to hide their brasyrian players. NO BUDGET? WTF? syria has a lot of money!

brax_rommanz
06-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Who has any Video of Philippine basketball???and who is the tallest member of Philipine NT???how many cm???

oh what i heard philippines has a 7-foot-6 center is that true?:eek: :eek: :eek:

watiwawa
06-10-2007, 11:00 AM
oh what i heard philippines has a 7-foot-6 center is that true?:eek: :eek: :eek:

it's true bro... he's a son of a black american and a filipina.... in subic

brax_rommanz
06-10-2007, 11:02 AM
it's true bro... he's a son of a black american and a filipina.... in subic

very good. philippines can be a force in he fiba asia games then. i want to see how they play. the china man are very stubborn.

igorotski
06-10-2007, 11:30 AM
very good. philippines can be a force in he fiba asia games then. i want to see how they play. the china man are very stubborn.

no i know someone taller.. like 8ft6 inches and has a twin.:D
jus joking^_^.. btw, who's that tall player you're talkin about?
where did that news come from? news? research? folklore?

curious here.. china man's stubborn? how come anyways?

watiwawa
06-10-2007, 11:50 AM
English please

that 7'6 guy can run, jump and play basketball.... he's trained in subic by 3 international coaches... offense,defense and conditioning...

i think give him 2-4 yrs and he will be the no. 1 center in asia... reports said that he's he can now shoot 3's...

he's the philippine secret weapon and the treasure we're hiddin since he's only 15 yrs old.... filipino's im so sorry if i share this....

igorotski
06-10-2007, 12:08 PM
English please

that 7'6 guy can run, jump and play basketball.... he's trained in subic by 3 international coaches... offense,defense and conditioning...

i think give him 2-4 yrs and he will be the no. 1 center in asia... reports said that he's he can now shoot 3's...

he's the philippine secret weapon and the treasure we're hiddin since he's only 15 yrs old.... filipino's im so sorry if i share this....

English please

oh yeah! he's the one reported on the news coupla months ago!? right! i remember.. isnt he Bulbulito Bayagbag? i also heard that since yaoming can only shoot in the paint, he promised to hmself to do what other Centers cant..

gosh, im gettin old now.. forgettin lotsa things..

elgemeister
06-10-2007, 12:17 PM
English please..

I just hope that these silly lies would not backfire to your credibility on posting threads such as these... Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!.... Kids.....:( :( :(

apiSigbinz
06-10-2007, 12:22 PM
English please

how could you leak that news to the world man.... now they know, are you happy now? :D

i hope let's stop this nonsense.. hehehe once is enough, two is too much, three is ____ i don't know!!! :D

watiwawa
06-10-2007, 01:29 PM
oohhh, i'm sorry guys....:(

Project888
06-10-2007, 02:02 PM
What In The World Syria Is Doing?!
The 3 Brazilian/syrian Players Not Playing For Syria?!
I Think Syria Wants To Hve A Surprise Party In Japan!
Syria Dont Have Money! Give Me A Break!
Syria Team Playing In The Elims Without The 3 Importnant Guys In Their Roster Is Like Climbing Mt.everest Without Jackets!!

saints13
06-10-2007, 02:08 PM
What In The World Syria Is Doing?!
The 3 Brazilian/syrian Players Not Playing For Syria?!
I Think Syria Wants To Hve A Surprise Party In Japan!
Syria Dont Have Money! Give Me A Break!
Syria Team Playing In The Elims Without The 3 Importnant Guys In Their Roster Is Like Climbing Mt.everest Without Jackets!!

correct! :)

everybody has a surprise waiting to unfold in Tokushima :)

saints13
06-10-2007, 02:14 PM
I went around the forum..
only Filipinos like me consider RP to be at the top 4 :)
why is it so? :)
maybe because we refer to basketball way back from the past
and other countries, especially arab countries started playing good basketball at the dawn of the 21st century..
so my reference for choosing the top 4 NT's will be year 2000 onwards
for me to avoid being biased :)

my top 4 + 1
1. China
2. Lebanon
3. South Korea
4. Iran
5. Qatar

spreekanick
06-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Fadi el khatib will join to Lebanon NT on 11 june,Rony fahed on 13.Ali Mahmoud on 15,and Jean abdel nour on 17 .
Dragan Ratza (Serbian) the new head coach !!
And about vogel,the Lebanese federation still trying to let vogel come back,probably he will join on 30 june before Jones Cup !!

good news..Lebanon is really strong..can't wait to see your NT in Japan.. :)

saints13
06-10-2007, 03:24 PM
It's good that the Lebanese team will send its best in Tokushima..no more "what ifs" for Lebanon NT! :) Good Luck!

manu_bol
06-10-2007, 03:59 PM
going past the group stages as the RP team hurdles iran and jordan, its gonna be sweeter...

we filipino basketball fans respect the china NT because of the chinese players and fans. we recognize and appreciate their physical superiority and their basketball program.

however, the rise of middle easter teams could only be attributed to the naturalization of foreign players and hiring of foreign coaches. if there is one positive basketball program in the middle east, i think it would be iran's. if iran figures well in the asian championship, i can definitely say that iranians have become good in basketball.

if jordan wins the championship, it will always gonna be 'it's because of wright or because of their foreign coach.'

if japan wins the championship, its gonna be 'they have the homecourt advantage'

if korea wins the championship, its gonna be 'well, their young players have now matured. kudos to their basketball program'

if china wins the championship, its gonna be 'they are too tall and too skilled, too many tall and skilled players to choose from'

if lebanon wins the championship, its gonna be 'fadi is just too good, he could play in the nba right now. what if vogel didn't play, would it have mattered?'

if the philippines wins the championship, its gonna be 'well, they are back... they've been here before.. filipinos are just so passionate about the sport'

saints13
06-10-2007, 04:21 PM
if the philippines wins the championship, its gonna be 'well, they are back... they've been here before.. filipinos are just so passionate about the sport'

i would say (English please) ,hehe :)

its will be a testament that RP is a force to reckon with in Asian basketball..

we'll never be dominant...because our basketball program is not that strong unlike China, Iran, Korea and Kazakhstan...

our basketball program is import-oriented just like Lebanon, Qatar, Syria and Jordan.. although we don't naturalize... we seek foreign-bred talents :(

manu_bol
06-10-2007, 04:30 PM
i would say (English please),hehe :)

its will be a testament that RP is a force to reckon with in Asian basketball..

we'll never be dominant...because our basketball program is not that strong unlike China, Iran, Korea and Kazakhstan...

our basketball program is import-oriented just like Lebanon, Qatar, Syria and Jordan.. although we don't naturalize... we seek foreign-bred talents :(

We seek foreign-trained talents with filipino lineage...

if we seek foreign-bred talents, we might as well naturalize tim duncan or amare stoudamire.:D

saints13
06-10-2007, 05:57 PM
We seek foreign-trained talents with filipino lineage...

if we seek foreign-bred talents, we might as well naturalize tim duncan or amare stoudamire.:D

are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

foreign-trained talents with filipino lineage is synonymous to the foreign-bred talents that I'm pertaining too.

your sarcastic paradigm of naturalizing a tim duncan or an amare stoudamire type of player is a Playstation thing..it doesnt exist in the real world my compatriot

peace tol!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/ironicbrew/sogn.jpg

brownwarrior
06-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Hi,

Its funny that more filipinos are feeling bitter with the results of the Asian Clubs Championship. They wont still accept the real objective and goal of Chot and the RP team. The ABC olympic qualifyer will always be the priority, and thats the reason why Chot took his boys to the Asian Clubs Championship. Playing against top Asian Clubs will certainly give the RP team the much neede test and experience. It doesnt mean that when the RP joined this tournamnet, is that were here to sweep off the opposition. Thats a big no, since some of the teams here are reinforced by imports. So I guess, Filipinos should not be concern when they see RP team is getting beaten. Coz what hurts me the most, is that some Filipinos in this forum doesnt know how to coach, but when they throw bad things against Coach Chot, is like they're a coaching God and knows everything. And thats not right. When RP team is winning, all I see is smiling faces. Now, when RP team is losing, everyones against Coach Chot. What's the problem with you Filipinos? Coach Chot has the most sacrifice of all coaches in the Phils. He took the job, even though he knows, that there'll be much criticism on his part. Now, no one wants to believe him that RP team is just using this as a kick-off tournament. We're still fresh from that 2yr suspension, and if you're a smart ass, you wouldn't point your fingers to anyone, espcially to coach chot. I, myself is a basketball coach too, and its hard for me to be criticized by people who doesnt know anything about coaching. So guys, lets keep our heads up, the real prize is the ABC championship, regardless of what happened here in the Asian Clubs Championship. Cheers.

Nagmamahal,
Inday Baduday
:D Funny but true!:D

saints13
06-11-2007, 12:58 AM
I think a large chunk of the Filipino basketball enthusiasts are not aware of the international scene, every competition's purpose as well as NT norms and practices, and its hard for anybody to accept the fact that the Philippines is at the bottom of the FIBA Rankings ,since we really have a rich basketball tradition way before the professional basketball era, because we haven't done something spectacular recently. Maybe 2 to 4 years from now, when the Filipino fans get use to the international basketball, seeing RP team a lot internationally, reading news about them and knowing facts about other countries too, then I guess Philippine Basketball is on the verge of further maturity.

As time goes on, the RP team and the SBP organization will mature, so with the fans!:)

StreakShutr
06-11-2007, 02:13 AM
English please

Is this true? Can you show links or proof of, like post news, stories....

apiSigbinz
06-11-2007, 03:49 AM
its not there official lists, its only taken in a website so probably its not accurate.. it goes as well to the other teams! nothing is final yet just like TeamPilipinas....

igorotski
06-11-2007, 06:22 AM
watiwawa dint want this thread to be serious as hell.. so we were just fooling around a lil.. this rarely happens. hehhe

asapa11
06-11-2007, 07:58 AM
its probably what they have form so far. the final final roster is to be submitted just days b4 the actual asian championship.

khatib
06-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah i'm with u,it will be a very important preparation for those 4 teams ,but yesterday in a program on tv with Lebanese president federation,they said that a news about waba champ that this last will not play and the waba federation wait Yemen to know if they will play or not !!and if not waba will not play :confused:

I think this is very good if it happened, we can use this time to prepare and i'm also against to play in johns cup and show all ur tactics and systems.. we should instead have a closed camp.

daniab
06-11-2007, 03:57 PM
The two brazilian/syrians of Al Jalaa Aleppo club Eduardo Caviglia (196-G/F-80, college: W.Texas A&M) and Marcelo Correa had joined the trainings of Syria National Team which are being held daily in Al Faihaa' court in Damascus, Syria under the command of the new head coach American John Sneed.

The other brazilain/syrian 'Dede' Barbosa cannot play with Syria after he played with Brazil National Team in Copa America 2004 in Venzuela, Al Ittihad Aleppo's duo Firas El Masri and Salah Shawa apologised from continueing with the NT due to some personal reasons.

Source:www.asia-basket.com

saints13
06-11-2007, 05:53 PM
The two brazilian/syrians of Al Jalaa Aleppo club Eduardo Caviglia (196-G/F-80, college: W.Texas A&M) and Marcelo Correa had joined the trainings of Syria National Team which are being held daily in Al Faihaa' court in Damascus, Syria under the command of the new head coach American John Sneed.

The other brazilain/syrian 'Dede' Barbosa cannot play with Syria after he played with Brazil National Team in Copa America 2004 in Venzuela, Al Ittihad Aleppo's duo Firas El Masri and Salah Shawa apologised from continueing with the NT due to some personal reasons.

Source:www.asia-basket.com

thanks for the info :)

saints13
06-11-2007, 06:01 PM
A Link from China Team from the China B 2007 post

http://sports.sina.com.cn/cba/bn/200...21492086.shtml

saints13
06-11-2007, 10:23 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/ironicbrew/Fiba_Asia_Wallpaper.jpg
I can't sleep..I had nothing to do but a wallpaper :)

igorotski
06-12-2007, 12:42 AM

wohooah! i like your wallpaper dude.
i think it wud better if the countries wernt too
close to each other . it was lil hard to read.

RetiredJordanStopper
06-12-2007, 01:40 AM
OT

on a graphical design's point of view, that's a cool wallpaper..but the imperial Japanese flag don't sit well with other countries. I know it's just a design, but the WWII era flag may offend,..err...will offend countries like China, Korea and for those Filipinos who know their history, the Philippines

hawke12
06-12-2007, 05:55 AM
That Dede' Barbosa guy must be really good for him to have played with the brazilain NT!!! one less guy to worry about!!!

saints13
06-12-2007, 06:50 AM
That Dede' Barbosa guy must be really good for him to have played with the brazilain NT!!! one less guy to worry about!!!

I've read an article about him, he's somehow related to Leandro Barbosa, is he? :)

saints13
06-12-2007, 06:53 AM
OT

on a graphical design's point of view, that's a cool wallpaper..but the imperial Japanese flag don't sit well with other countries. I know it's just a design, but the WWII era flag may offend,..err...will offend countries like China, Korea and for those Filipinos who know their history, the Philippines

ah, I didn't know that the Kamikaze flag is offensive? :)
I think the Kamikaze flag theme was also used in the 2006 World Championships wallpapers.
well, tnx for the comments, I wish I had a lot of pics of Asian players, so I would have a lot of resources for wallpapers. :mad:

Grr_tiger
06-12-2007, 09:18 AM
http://a476.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/24/l_f1988203bb3585138783982d6f21aa1b.jpg

hehe

bobo81
06-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Are u kidding me!? Saints! If you and anyone else here can make wallpapers, please do! We need more like this..Awesome!

donmar
06-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah more WALLPAPERS! :D

igorotski
06-12-2007, 09:28 AM
at first i thot it was rle an official promotional poster by Fiba Asia until i saw that he jus made it at the bottom

Projectspeed
06-12-2007, 09:43 AM

I like that you placed RP's name after China, Iran and Jordan:D

its like being underdog:D

Balyador
06-12-2007, 10:04 AM
test post.

i'll mix up with you guyz laterz. ;)

saints13
06-12-2007, 02:03 PM

the names were grouped according to their groupings in the tournament... :)

saints13
06-12-2007, 04:16 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/ironicbrew/FIBA_Asia_Wallpaper.jpg

Just testing..another wallpaper..:)

spreekanick
06-12-2007, 05:01 PM

how about sending this to FIBA.....this can be an official wallpaper of the games...nice work dude... :)

WIZARD
06-12-2007, 05:15 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/ironicbrew/FIBA_Asia_Wallpaper.jpg

Just testing..another wallpaper..:)

WEll done man i love dis one

daniab
06-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Exclusive...Sneed denies Syria's job!!!

by Mohammed Malas - Jun 12, 2007
American Head coach John Sneed has sent an e-mail to Asia-Basket recently dening what was mentioned in the syrian press about being hired as Syria National Team head coach. Sneed said to Asia-Basket that he received just one call from the syrian basketball federation and after that he hear nothing and he is now available for any team who is interested in him.
American Head coach John Sneed has sent an e-mail to Asia-Basket recently dening what was mentioned in the syrian press about being hired as Syria National Team head coach.

Sneed said to Asia-Basket that he received just one call from the syrian basketball federation and after that he hear nothing and he is now available for any team who is interested in him.

This news will gve a big shock for the syrian federation esspecially that they announced officially about signning with Sneed and the whole issue is untrue!!

Cool Cat
06-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Exclusive...Sneed denies Syria's job!!!

by Mohammed Malas - Jun 12, 2007
American Head coach John Sneed has sent an e-mail to Asia-Basket recently dening what was mentioned in the syrian press about being hired as Syria National Team head coach. Sneed said to Asia-Basket that he received just one call from the syrian basketball federation and after that he hear nothing and he is now available for any team who is interested in him.
American Head coach John Sneed has sent an e-mail to Asia-Basket recently dening what was mentioned in the syrian press about being hired as Syria National Team head coach.

Sneed said to Asia-Basket that he received just one call from the syrian basketball federation and after that he hear nothing and he is now available for any team who is interested in him.

This news will gve a big shock for the syrian federation esspecially that they announced officially about signning with Sneed and the whole issue is untrue!!

wow..!!!..that was shocking....i have already read in the asia-basket that Sneed is signed w/ the Syrian NT as Coach..and the 2 Syrian/Brazilian is practicing....

Daniab do you mean that all of the news that i've read in the Asian-Basket website is not true?......

Poor Syrian NT.....if your post is true...

saints13
06-12-2007, 06:21 PM
how about sending this to FIBA.....this can be an official wallpaper of the games...nice work dude... :)

Thanks for the idea :)
I already sent it to the FIBA Fan Artwork..
I hope others will make wallpapers and send it there too..

here's the link

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/inte/fanArtWork/p/openNodeIDs/1039/selNodeID/1039/fanArtWork.html

daniab
06-12-2007, 07:11 PM
wow..!!!..that was shocking....i have already read in the asia-basket that Sneed is signed w/ the Syrian NT as Coach..and the 2 Syrian/Brazilian is practicing....

Daniab do you mean that all of the news that i've read in the Asian-Basket website is not true?......

Poor Syrian NT.....if your post is true...

No man i don't say that Asia-basket website is not true!!

karim
06-13-2007, 09:31 AM
there r 4 brazilian/syrians.......the 2 good players r said not to be with them (barbosa the 201 point guard and i think the center 208) and the other 2 r said to be practicing with them , i dont think the other 2 are that good especially eduardo hes at the level of a normal syrian player maybe.............

onono1
06-13-2007, 09:51 AM

Reports from philippines tabloid newspaper our hidden 7-6 center really exists. His father is a kapre while his mother is tikbalang ;)

saints13
06-13-2007, 12:47 PM
:) http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/ironicbrew/Spark_Wallpaper.jpg
Is he praying? :) I think so. :)
This wallpaper is dedicated to all the Spark fans and RP team fans. :)

onono1
06-13-2007, 01:12 PM
:) http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/ironicbrew/Spark_Wallpaper.jpg
Is he praying? :) I think so. :)
This wallpaper is dedicated to all the Spark fans and RP team fans. :)

Wow! i like your wallpaper dude, good work saints13 :) though its rather dark...but it looks nice.

Projectspeed
06-14-2007, 04:02 AM
from asia-basket.com

Asia-Basket had the honour to make a small interview with the head coach of Qatar National Team Ed Andrist who was speaking with us from Slovenia where they're currently camping to prepare for FIBA Asia Championship (28 July - 5 August).

1- First of all tell us more about yourself coach...

I am a Wisconsin (USA) boy that has loved basketball his entire life. When I could no longer play at the higher level, i turned to coaching. That was in 1974 and I have been coaching ever since. I have coached at (3) different high schools and (2) different colleges. My teams in college have won (3) National Collegiate Championships. My wife is Connie and i have (6) beautiful children Les, Ryan, April, Kasey, Sean, and Kelsey.

2- When did qatar basketball federation contact you? and how did the negotiations go?

Ever since I was in Qatar in 2000, Rashed Al Abdulla and I have talked over the phone often. We have talked every year about my possible return in some capacity. It happened to work out this year for my return and i am happy it has. I have a great deal of respect for Rashed and Shiek Saud.

3- What is the plan which are you putting for qatar's men national team before going to FIBA Asia Championship?

We have scheduled some excellent camps for the staff and players and some excellent games also. Having just played the Slovenia and Finland National teams, we find out quickly what we need to work on and get better. We are in Slovenia now and will compete in Egypt, Doha, Taipai, Shanghai, and then Japan for the Asia Championship.

4- How did you see the current qatar NT comparing to 2000's team?

In 2000, the main team i coached was the youngermen's team so this team is much more experenced and talented. We feel that we are not strong enough at the point guard position however, we will utlilize the players that can work at that position. I have (5) players back from the 2000 team.

5- Do you feel any development in the basketball in qatar since the last you were there in 2000?

Rashed and i have talked at great length about developing the youth in Qatar. It is never an easy task and hopefully i can provide some direction. I know Qatar wants to be successful and they work very hard to have good results. I think it would help if they were to look at a larger plan for the future. I am committed to helping Qatar be the best they can be in basketball.

6- Where do you see qatar now in Asia's basketball map?

Starting back in 2000, Qatar has had some excellent success in their basketball over the past (7) years. They now compete well on the Asia stage and have played some on the World stage. It really comes down to how important it is to Qatar to continue and/or advance this success. You can never stay the same. You are either moving forward or you are moving backward.

7- Honestly...Do you see yourself in Beijeng 2008?

Quite honestly, I DO NOT worry or think about Beijing 2008 or even Japan 2007. There is a process that we must follow to give us the best chance of success and i am the leader of that process. I only think about what i control and i control practice, training (both physical and mental) and rest. I have a job to do and when Japan arrives in late July, we will continue that process. We EXPECT to win every game and of course we expect to win the Asia Games in Japan. We accept nothing less. There is an old saying "you have to be good and you have to be lucky". Hopefully, we can find some luck along the way.

8- Coach...you mentioned in local newspapers that you might naturalize a player for qatar as there are some weakness in point guard position...is that true?

It has been addressed to the Olympic Committee of our need for a player in that position. To my knowledge, we were not granted that request. I respect the Olympic Committee and their decisions. Once again, i only worry about what i can control. This i do not control. We will be fine.

9- Do you think that qatari league must be more developed?

The Qatar League is a good league. What i believe must happen, is the league and the National Team schedule must work together to get on the same page. The National Team players get very little rest and if the schedule were adjusted somewhat, it would be good for the players. I am a team guy and everyone should be in this together trying to represent Qatar to Asia and the World.

10- American Joey Steibing the former NT coach of qatar ran a four years program in Qatar, will you continue this program or you have another vision?

Whereas I know this a results and success driven environment, my plans are to take this program "one major tournament" at a time. I really enjoy working for Rashed Al Abdulla and Shiek Saud and want nothing but the best for the country of Qatar. There are so many EXCELLENT people in Qatar and I am very loyal. We will see how everything unfolds.

11- What do you think about the indivudual level of the NT players?

We have an excellent group of young men that have worked their hardest everyday. As a coach, you can ask for nothing less or more. We had an excellent game with Finland, winning 80-63 and Slovenia, winning 93-86. We learned alot about each other and I learned alot about them. I have an excellent staff in Coach Eric, Coach Chris, and Coach Will. Our trainer, doctor and assist staff have been outstanding.

12- Last word to fans?

To the fans of Qatar, I want you to know that we want you to be proud of this team and what they can accomplish. We want you to be proud to wear the colors of Maroon and White. We will do our best to represent you at the highest level and we NEED you to come and watch us play in Doha on June 22nd - 28th.

hmmmmnnn:D Qatar just defeated the Finland and Slovenian National team?:D if that is indeed the true Slovenian NT, well, Qatar will defenitely a favorite this coming FIBA Asia...:D

no question, Slovenian NT is a very strong team...:D

I wonder if the Slovenian squad that played against Qatar includes current NBA players like Nesterovič, Brezec, Nachbar, Vujacic and Slokar:D Udrih for sure is not in the line-up since he is currently playing for San Antonio:D

and they planning to naturalize again...:D this time a point guard:D what a shame:D

demonyito
06-14-2007, 04:46 AM
(ENGLISH please)
money...
and the fact that FIBA allows the naturalization process then why we cant do it

problem is no one's willing to finance the recruitment. not even the san miguel corp. (ENGLISH please) PBA teams because all of their products targets the domestic market only. (ENGLISH please) you cannot blame Eala for his witch hunting as mention by one forumer (ENGLISH please) affordable:(

Projectspeed
06-14-2007, 05:49 AM
(ENGLISH please) money...
and the fact that FIBA allows the naturalization process then why we cant do it

problem is no one's willing to finance the recruitment. not even the san miguel corp. (ENGLISH please) PBA teams because all of their products targets the domestic market only. (ENGLISH please) you cannot blame Eala for his witch hunting as mention by one forumer (ENGLISH please) affordable:(

I support naturalization of a player as long as it will comply with the FIBA rules.:D

However, in RP’s case…it’s easier said than done…:D

RP, financially, can naturalize players especially that MVP of PLDT/Smart and Cojuangco of SMB is in full support of our national team….:D

Smart/PLDT and SMB is always dishing millions a year for sports like basketball, boxing, badminton, billiards, etc. etc. (which is obvious, as part of their marketing strategy). So, how come there’s no money for naturalizing a basketball player?:D

I can see no problem financially in naturalizing a player for RP… we have the money, especially if it talks about our no. 1 sport… basketball. Well, in RP…basketball is business.:D

I think the real problem here is our current Filipino culture.:D

Will most of the Filipino (the sports community, business community, masses, politician, etc. etc.) accept this practice?:D

As we all know, with just Fil-Am in the line-up, our NT already receive so much critics, how much more for naturalized players. This Fil-Am controversy even brought up to the DOJ, then the Senate.:D

watiwawa
06-14-2007, 09:07 AM
hmmmmnnn:D Qatar just defeated the Finland and Slovenian National team?:D if that is indeed the true Slovenian NT, well, Qatar will defenitely a favorite this coming FIBA Asia...:D

I wonder if the Slovenian squad that played against Qatar includes current NBA players like Nesterovič, Brezec, Nachbar, Vujacic and Slokar:D Udrih for sure is not in the line-up since he is currently playing for San Antonio:D

and they planning to naturalize again...:D this time a point guard:D what a shame:D

i think it's lyk playing china national teamw/out yao, yi, mengke and wang.. i think they are in the same level??? i said i think.. dunno if tru...

saints13
06-14-2007, 11:00 AM
RP to naturalize players? :)

It's good to naturalize players who have good intentions for the national team and players who are loved by many Filipinos too, those players who love the country, otherwise, they'll just be considered as mercenaries. :)

why not try Sam Ekwe? :) joke! :D

Joško Poljak Fan
06-14-2007, 11:43 AM
I believe that coach either wanted to sound good or is completely unaware of international basketball.

Finnish and slovenian NT were both U20, and if it wasn't for Vidmar fouling out in 25th minute, I honestly doubt Qatar would manage to win, eventhough our U20 team is just one week after physical conditioning (anyone that played basketball knows what's the level right after those practices).

To answer another question, without NBAers slovenian NT would of course be weakened (especially without Nesterovič and Nachbar), but we for sure don't lack depth. actually for a country with 2 mio population the depth is near amazing. Considering the players abilities I do believe the team build solely from players from europe (Smodiš, Bečirovič, E. Lorbek, D. Lorbek, Tušek, Lakovič and some others) should beat China with or without Yao, that's judging by names... the way our NT is underperforming anything is possible though, as seen at the last world championship...:rolleyes:

Projectspeed
06-14-2007, 12:27 PM
I believe that coach either wanted to sound good or is completely unaware of international basketball.

Finnish and slovenian NT were both U20, and if it wasn't for Vidmar fouling out in 25th minute, I honestly doubt Qatar would manage to win, eventhough our U20 team is just one week after physical conditioning (anyone that played basketball knows what's the level right after those practices).

To answer another question, without NBAers slovenian NT would of course be weakened (especially without Nesterovič and Nachbar), but we for sure don't lack depth. actually for a country with 2 mio population the depth is near amazing. Considering the players abilities I do believe the team build solely from players from europe (Smodiš, Bečirovič, E. Lorbek, D. Lorbek, Tušek, Lakovič and some others) should beat China with or without Yao, that's judging by names... the way our NT is underperforming anything is possible though, as seen at the last world championship...:rolleyes:

thanks Sir for such wonderfull info:D

brownwarrior
06-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Thank you saint13 for that wonderfull mark wallpaper.

karim
06-14-2007, 03:00 PM
from asia-basket.com

Asia-Basket had the honour to make a small interview with the head coach of Qatar National Team Ed Andrist who was speaking with us from Slovenia where they're currently camping to prepare for FIBA Asia Championship (28 July - 5 August).

1- First of all tell us more about yourself coach...

I am a Wisconsin (USA) boy that has loved basketball his entire life. When I could no longer play at the higher level, i turned to coaching. That was in 1974 and I have been coaching ever since. I have coached at (3) different high schools and (2) different colleges. My teams in college have won (3) National Collegiate Championships. My wife is Connie and i have (6) beautiful children Les, Ryan, April, Kasey, Sean, and Kelsey.

2- When did qatar basketball federation contact you? and how did the negotiations go?

Ever since I was in Qatar in 2000, Rashed Al Abdulla and I have talked over the phone often. We have talked every year about my possible return in some capacity. It happened to work out this year for my return and i am happy it has. I have a great deal of respect for Rashed and Shiek Saud.

3- What is the plan which are you putting for qatar's men national team before going to FIBA Asia Championship?

We have scheduled some excellent camps for the staff and players and some excellent games also. Having just played the Slovenia and Finland National teams, we find out quickly what we need to work on and get better. We are in Slovenia now and will compete in Egypt, Doha, Taipai, Shanghai, and then Japan for the Asia Championship.

4- How did you see the current qatar NT comparing to 2000's team?

In 2000, the main team i coached was the youngermen's team so this team is much more experenced and talented. We feel that we are not strong enough at the point guard position however, we will utlilize the players that can work at that position. I have (5) players back from the 2000 team.

5- Do you feel any development in the basketball in qatar since the last you were there in 2000?

Rashed and i have talked at great length about developing the youth in Qatar. It is never an easy task and hopefully i can provide some direction. I know Qatar wants to be successful and they work very hard to have good results. I think it would help if they were to look at a larger plan for the future. I am committed to helping Qatar be the best they can be in basketball.

6- Where do you see qatar now in Asia's basketball map?

Starting back in 2000, Qatar has had some excellent success in their basketball over the past (7) years. They now compete well on the Asia stage and have played some on the World stage. It really comes down to how important it is to Qatar to continue and/or advance this success. You can never stay the same. You are either moving forward or you are moving backward.

7- Honestly...Do you see yourself in Beijeng 2008?

Quite honestly, I DO NOT worry or think about Beijing 2008 or even Japan 2007. There is a process that we must follow to give us the best chance of success and i am the leader of that process. I only think about what i control and i control practice, training (both physical and mental) and rest. I have a job to do and when Japan arrives in late July, we will continue that process. We EXPECT to win every game and of course we expect to win the Asia Games in Japan. We accept nothing less. There is an old saying "you have to be good and you have to be lucky". Hopefully, we can find some luck along the way.

8- Coach...you mentioned in local newspapers that you might naturalize a player for qatar as there are some weakness in point guard position...is that true?

It has been addressed to the Olympic Committee of our need for a player in that position. To my knowledge, we were not granted that request. I respect the Olympic Committee and their decisions. Once again, i only worry about what i can control. This i do not control. We will be fine.

9- Do you think that qatari league must be more developed?

The Qatar League is a good league. What i believe must happen, is the league and the National Team schedule must work together to get on the same page. The National Team players get very little rest and if the schedule were adjusted somewhat, it would be good for the players. I am a team guy and everyone should be in this together trying to represent Qatar to Asia and the World.

10- American Joey Steibing the former NT coach of qatar ran a four years program in Qatar, will you continue this program or you have another vision?

Whereas I know this a results and success driven environment, my plans are to take this program "one major tournament" at a time. I really enjoy working for Rashed Al Abdulla and Shiek Saud and want nothing but the best for the country of Qatar. There are so many EXCELLENT people in Qatar and I am very loyal. We will see how everything unfolds.

11- What do you think about the indivudual level of the NT players?

We have an excellent group of young men that have worked their hardest everyday. As a coach, you can ask for nothing less or more. We had an excellent game with Finland, winning 80-63 and Slovenia, winning 93-86. We learned alot about each other and I learned alot about them. I have an excellent staff in Coach Eric, Coach Chris, and Coach Will. Our trainer, doctor and assist staff have been outstanding.

12- Last word to fans?

To the fans of Qatar, I want you to know that we want you to be proud of this team and what they can accomplish. We want you to be proud to wear the colors of Maroon and White. We will do our best to represent you at the highest level and we NEED you to come and watch us play in Doha on June 22nd - 28th.

no man all the slovenian players are in the NBA now + they lost to slovenia last year by 34 in a friendly game than they lost all their WBC games by more than 30 pts except against turkey they lost by 7 , lebanon are much better than them at playing WBC teams cuz they shoot the ball better,have better individuals and are taller at the center and power forward position......maybe qatar are now better than last year cuz of naturalizing but i doubt they would win the real slovenian , in fact they lost against UAE a few months ago and UAE is not considered to be among the top 12 teams in asia , and it is a real shame how theyr still naturalizing enough is enough theres no point in winning if its not their citizens who r winning , their just affecting other teams this way especially if they do make it to the olympics.....

Phantim3dx
06-14-2007, 03:53 PM
karim has a point about the real slovenian NT.

this was a team that was about to win against China in the last WBC until that hail mary 3 point shot went in. slovenia was actually supposed t go to the nedt round due to their performances and the names on their roster but hey its the WBC anyone can go home at any time. at least karim is man enough to be humble and admit to such a thing about his opponent.

and yes matiz always has good info to put on this threads, he doesnt troll nor post in his native tongue, let along act like a clown, but that's a different story for another day

karim
06-14-2007, 04:02 PM
no man slovenia went to the 2nd round even with that loss(3rd spot)....china was lucky they won this game at the buzzer and puerto rico lost by a point against italy the same day....with all these china got the 4th spot....if puerto rico won that game they woould,ve been 2nd but insead they got 5th which is kind of like lebanon,s situation in where a win against nigeria would have gave them the 2nd spot in the group but instead they lost and got 5th......those 2 groups were really tight through out the 1st round unlike groups B and C.................

Phantim3dx
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
no man slovenia went to the 2nd round even with that loss(3rd spot)....china was lucky they won this game at the buzzer and puerto rico lost by a point against italy the same day....with all these china got the 4th spot....if puerto rico won that game they woould,ve been 2nd but insead they got 5th which is kind of like lebanon,s situation in where a win against nigeria would have gave them the 2nd spot in the group but instead they lost and got 5th......those 2 groups were really tight through out the 1st round unlike groups B and C.................

that's what i meant karim, but thanks for explaining more in detail

saints13
06-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Qatar wants to naturalize a point guard? :)

It's like a commercial team already. :D

demonyito
06-14-2007, 11:52 PM
I support naturalization of a player as long as it will comply with the FIBA rules.:D

However, in RP’s case…it’s easier said than done…:D

I can see no problem financially in naturalizing a player for RP… we have the money, especially if it talks about our no. 1 sport… basketball. Well, in RP…basketball is business.:D

I think the real problem here is our current Filipino culture.:D

Will most of the Filipino (the sports community, business community, masses, politician, etc. etc.) accept this practice?:D

As we all know, with just Fil-Am in the line-up, our NT already receive so much critics, how much more for naturalized players. This Fil-Am controversy even brought up to the DOJ, then the Senate.:D

you maybe be talking of the $1.4 million(70m pesos) fund for this present crop of national players. well, in getting a GOOD pba import alone, every PBA team will have to shell out at least $20,000 a month pay.

those days..mr danding cojuangco(with back-ups from Marcos) focus mainly on the naturalization rather than owning a PBA team.
today cojuangco owned 4(tama ba) PBA teams because of his business interest that targets local market only. although he may put another team in NBL because he owns some australian companies, but the idea of funding international basketball in full, will be in doubt because its not a PERMANENT marketing place.

RP, financially, can naturalize players especially that MVP of PLDT/Smart and Cojuangco of SMB is in full support of our national team….:D

Smart/PLDT and SMB is always dishing millions a year for sports like basketball, boxing, badminton, billiards, etc. etc. (which is obvious, as part of their marketing strategy). So, how come there’s no money for naturalizing a basketball player?:D

we do. but its only Taulava and Penissi that our budget can get.

Peso1.00 = US$0.021;)

Projectspeed
06-15-2007, 02:44 AM
you maybe be talking of the $1.4 million(70m pesos) fund for this present crop of national players. well, in getting a GOOD pba import alone, every PBA team will have to shell out at least $20,000 a month pay.

those days..mr danding cojuangco(with back-ups from Marcos) focus mainly on the naturalization rather than owning a PBA team.
today cojuangco owned 4(tama ba) PBA teams because of his business interest that targets local market only. although he may put another team in NBL because he owns some australian companies, but the idea of funding international basketball in full, will be in doubt because its not a PERMANENT marketing place.

Peso1.00 = US$0.021;)

You don't get my point:D

I'm not just talking about the RP NT budget:D

As I posted earlier...dishing millions for basketball, badminton, boxing, etc. etc. etc. :D

RP National Team alone, carrying the SMB Corporation name and logo, is a marketing ploy/strategy:D budget with this team will just be part of the regular advertising and marketing expense of Smart/PLDT and SMB:D

SMB Group now only owns 3 PBA Clubs:D

SMB sold its stakes in Coca Cola Corporation:D

Inserting a good naturalize player in the SMB RP NT, of course, will make the NT more popular and stronger:D which means more business and market:D

FYI... SMB not only focus on its domestic product anymore... it now caters international market... that's why SMB forefronted the launching of SMB Asian 9-Ball Tour, which is now called the Guiness Asian 9-ball tour:D

try to search their corporate site:D

demonyito
06-15-2007, 02:56 AM
i know, he's even the major sponsor in one the richest horse racing events in australia carrying the name San Miguel, an $8 million race a day:)

i just wonder why we cant get a decent(yeah a decent one, someone who can held his own againts Garth Brooks or Yao Ming for example) player to be naturalized if there's a money intended for it. again, there's Taulava and Penissi..possible sana

Projectspeed
06-15-2007, 03:02 AM

Peso1.00 = US$0.021;)

:D are you a part of the DOJ/NBI/Senate that examined the authencity of their citizenship?:D

donmar
06-15-2007, 04:01 AM
sus naman oo parang kaninang umaga ka lang naman ipinanganak sa tanong mong yan.

kahit yung magbobote doon sa recto na nagbabasa ng Abante araw-araw eh alam ang totoong istorya pre.

si Mick galing yan sa lugar ng mga kangaroo at kalahi ni da vinci yan. at si Asi...well..wag na nating pag usapan pre, in fairness sa kanila na nanahimik na at naghahanapbuhay din naman ang mga yan;) at baka nagbabasa din dito si Jolas baka mamaya sumugod na naman yan sa senado:D

trans: Penissi is a son of a Filipina who is married to Sylvio Penissi of Australia. Asi was born is Samar and grow up in Tonga

hehehehe! lol! :D

For me it doesn't matter, these guys wants to play for the Philippines and we should be proud that even though they're foreign-bred Filipinos (some of you guys would say they're not while others will say they are) they want to play in our own league (the PBA) and play Filipino basketball... and now, they're playing for the national team... imagine Asi Taulava playing for Tonga or Mick Penissi playing for Australia or Italy... I would rather have them in our team...

joel23
06-15-2007, 04:04 AM
Yup, I do think also that South East asia is the weakest region of the continent in basketball, AS A GROUP. But don't look now as the Philippines is back and Business. And we really mean BUSINESS.

Good luck to our NT and good luck to all. Let's all join to show Asian Basketball Power on 8/8/8.:cool:

No! Middle Asia's weakest teams in Asia, Southeast asia is 2nd weakest...
If without Philippines, SouthEast asia is weakest in Asia

joel23
06-15-2007, 04:06 AM
First of all , one team will be qualified to olympics games at chine next year .Chine had qualified cause this tournament will be in chine so 1 team will qualified behind chine.Lebanon (2nd fiba asia 2005 ) it's the most team prefer to qualified but other team will not be easy to defeat him like Quatar (3th fiba asia 2005 and second at doha games ) ,Iran (6th fiba asia 2005 and 3th doha games and have a lot of good players ) , and other .So 24th FIBA-Asia Championships [Sep 1 Japan] it will be some difficult to know who will be the team qualified behind chine specially that many country prepare those team like Kazakhistan ,jordan , syria , japan , south korea ,iran,lebanon,quatar and chine .Good luck lebanon and i wish a best participating and i hope win the first position .
Dany.

how bout phils?

joel23
06-15-2007, 04:19 AM
Captain of china B team~PF:WANG BO 2.07m (JI LIN DONG BEI TIGER)
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/k/p/2005-07-30/U687P6T12D1695356F44DT20050730222250.JPG

C:ZHANG KAI 2.10m (DONG GUAN XIN SHI JI)

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/cba/p/2006-02-05/U1619P6T12D2025623F44DT20060205171313.jpg

PF: DING JIN HUI 2.08m (ZHE JIANG WAN MA)

http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0005/2006-11-01/2USEQ9O704V70005.jpg

PF:LI KE 2.07m(BA YI ROKET)

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/k/2002-03-24/2_6-12-44_20020324234033.jpg

SF:YI LI 2.04m (JIANG SU DA HUA)

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/s/2006-03-23/4615865f2771867d4e5cb4e39c2b1b39.jpg

WANG LEI 1.96m (SHAN XI ZHONG YU)

http://sports.tom.com/uimg/2006/3/18/lanqiu/DSC_4103_84709.JPG

PG:LIU XIAO YU 1.91m(GUANG DONG HONG YUAN)

http://cimg.163.com/sport/2005/12/21/200512211110468e8eb.jpg

I think even though this is china b team,they are so power,so i think we are still Championships........Harder work than CHINA A TEAM to make....
Go,china,NO1 of Asia~

I see approxmately China Team B will failed to advance in Quarterfinals in Japan, I saw them play, strength and not familiar players also are mostly a young team... I think 70-30 chance will have 0-3 because the Philippines, Iran & Jordan are bracketed and are solid line... Because China's not expected to win in Tokushima because automatically qualified in Olympics because it's host country.

joel23
06-15-2007, 04:25 AM
we'll just see in the coming FIBA-Asia...

I hope, darkhorse and underdog Philippines can pull an upset:)

Philippines favored to win against China team B...

donmar
06-15-2007, 04:27 AM

Are you sure about that?... Lots of people will disagree with you... You just made this thread interesting for everyone to agree and disagree with your comment! :D ...

joel23
06-15-2007, 04:45 AM
Here are the bases of my analysis:

1. In 2006 Asian Games, Lebanon was in 9th Place while Korea in 5th. Qatar was even far better in 2nd place next to China.

2. In FIBA World Ranking, Lebanon and Korea placed 24th and 25th, respectively.

3. In Asia, Lebanon and Korea placed 2nd and 3rd respectively.

4. North and south Korea form one team in international competition.

Analysis should not only be based in the games played between Leb and Kor. otherwise such analysis is poor and shallow. In my analysis f these two teams (Kor and Leb) I am taking into consideration the quality and the skills of the players and the team as a whole. Though Leb placed 1 step higher than Kor, its no bearing at all since Kor is next to Leb in ranking which means it is not that significant at all.

Game quality, player skills and technical knowledge of the sport, i would go to Korea as a better team than Leb in this coming FIBA Asia.

Becuase Fadi El Khatib not played because of injuries and also his teammates & w/o national coach... This team we're undermanned

kalamity131
06-15-2007, 04:47 AM

Hmmn... those are very interesting choice of words.... is that you own hypothesis or did a credible body of writers say it? Just want to know because i want to read it.

joel23
06-15-2007, 04:50 AM
Are you sure about that?... Lots of people will disagree with you... You just made this thread interesting for everyone to agree and disagree with your comment! :D ...

yeah... Because this team w/o Yao, Wang, Bateer, Li, Yi in the team... I know China team B beat team China team A reserves twice but China's new lineup wants to show for international game exposure... They're not expecting to win in Asian because automatically in Olympics as a host country,,,

donmar
06-15-2007, 04:50 AM
I think this one deserve a nomination in the IBN Awards! :D

donmar
06-15-2007, 04:53 AM
yeah... this team w/o Yao, Wang, Bateer, Li, Yi in the team... I know China team B team China reserves A twice but China's new lineup wants to show for international game exposure... They're not expecting to win in Asian because automatically in Olympics as a host country,,,

China B Team is to compete in the FIBA Asia Championship while the A Team is set to compete at the FIBA Stankovic Cup...

About the strength of the China B Team... we'll just wait and see on how they perform in the William Jones Cup and the Manila Invitational...

joel23
06-15-2007, 06:44 AM
China B Team is to compete in the FIBA Asia Championship while the A Team is set to compete at the FIBA Stankovic Cup...

About the strength of the China B Team... we'll just wait and see on how they perform in the William Jones Cup and the Manila Invitational...

yeah i know China Team A in FIBA Stankovic Cup because the league join with European powers Serbia, Argentina, Spain etc. as for China Team A, a preparation for Olympics.

Projectspeed
06-15-2007, 09:25 AM

yeah... Because this team w/o Yao, Wang, Bateer, Li, Yi in the team... I know China team B beat team China team A reserves twice but China's new lineup wants to show for international game exposure... They're not expecting to win in Asian because automatically in Olympics as a host country,,,

Bro… No offense meant but if you’re really a China basketball follower, you will not include Bateer in your list since he is not currently active. He didn’t play even a game for the just ended 2007 CBA Season.... :D
and you will not consider China B as an underdog:D

Anyway, this China B that you’re talking about is still a strong Chinese squad. It is not a rag-tag China squad. Like RP NT, they also conduct proper player selection, good trainings, good tune-up games and preparation for the coming FIBA-Asia. :D

And also like RP NT, Chinese squad will not just play for fun or just to represent their flag… they will be in Tokushima to display China’s basketball pride and power. :D

China, being an Asian sports powerhouse and having strong sports tradition, is not that fool. It will not send a contingent in an “Asian Level Championship” just to compete, waste huge amount of money, and don’t care whether to win or lose..... they will also be in Japan to defend their title. :D

If you will just follow the Chinese Basketball Association lately, I doubt if you will still post what you’d posted.:D

FYI, aside from beating China A twice, China B also just recently defeated Australia’s Melbourne Tigers twice.:D

Even, NT Chot Reyes worries about the strength of China B and considers RP NT an underdog. How come basketball experts agree but you don’t? :D

I'm being sarcastic, you’re reason of considering China B as an underdog is like saying Philippine “D” or a PBL selection maybe, is underdog against Indonesian NT since we concentrate on qualifying in the Olympics.:D

Let’s be humble here and consider Philippine national team as the real underdog but at the same time a dangerous darkhorse.:D

igorotski
06-15-2007, 09:48 AM

*coughing* favored??!! lol.. this is what happens when we're supporting something excessively.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
anything excessive is bad

Phantim3dx
06-15-2007, 01:00 PM
project speed and igorotski have a point here.

the fact of the matter is, if you take it into the political perspective of Japan/Sino relations, due to past time "misunderstandings" China does not want to send a "weak" team to Japan, because this would be losing face to the asian continent as well as have political implications towards the Communist party and the nation as a whole of China. I won't go into details but in short, if china losses in Japan, Chinese officials get mad, Japanese old politicians who are ignorant as hell, say "look they are still sick man of Asia" their problem has deep roots, that go beyond the basketball court.

demonyito
06-15-2007, 01:03 PM
FYI, aside from beating China A twice, China B also just recently defeated Australia’s Melbourne Tigers twice.:D

China B won both games with an average of single digit margin.

gaging from the game, the old Tigers(with Gaze still playing then) plays a notch higher or same level wiht our Nationals. and these are the new Tigers that features new generation of players who finish 2nd in the just concluded NBL season this year.

so its hard to assume that the China B plays by its name only. i believe they are more solid than the unstable team A because of Yao Ming's on and off availability.

joel23
06-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Bro… No offense meant but if you’re really a China basketball follower, you will not include Bateer in your list since he is not currently active. He didn’t play even a game for the just ended 2007 CBA Season.... :D
and you will not consider China B as an underdog:D

Anyway, this China B that you’re talking about is still a strong Chinese squad. It is not a rag-tag China squad. Like RP NT, they also conduct proper player selection, good trainings, good tune-up games and preparation for the coming FIBA-Asia. :D

And also like RP NT, Chinese squad will not just play for fun or just to represent their flag… they will be in Tokushima to display China’s basketball pride and power. :D

China, being an Asian sports powerhouse and having strong sports tradition, is not that fool. It will not send a contingent in an “Asian Level Championship” just to compete, waste huge amount of money, and don’t care whether to win or lose..... they will also be in Japan to defend their title. :D

If you will just follow the Chinese Basketball Association lately, I doubt if you will still post what you’d posted.:D

Even, NT Chot Reyes worries about the strength of China B and considers RP NT an underdog. How come basketball experts agree but you don’t? :D

I'm being sarcastic, you’re reason of considering China B as an underdog is like saying Philippine “D” or a PBL selection maybe, is underdog against Indonesian NT since we concentrate on qualifying in the Olympics.:D

Let’s be humble here and consider Philippine national team as the real underdog but at the same time a dangerous darkhorse.:D

But don't feel they can win because the Underdog can beat them!!! Also the opponents wants to win even the underdog team...

joel23
06-15-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm being sarcastic, you’re reason of considering China B as an underdog is like saying Philippine “D” or a PBL selection maybe, is underdog against Indonesian NT since we concentrate on qualifying in the Olympics.

PBL or NCAA/UAAP selection is still favored against Indonesia NT ;)

saints13
06-15-2007, 06:40 PM
I see approxmately China Team B will failed to advance in Quarterfinals in Japan, I saw them play, strength and not familiar players also are mostly a young team... I think 70-30 chance will have 0-3 because the Philippines, Iran & Jordan are bracketed and are solid line... Because China's not expected to win in Tokushima because automatically qualified in Olympics because it's host country.

nice fearless forecast! :)

well, its your opinion my compatriot but i beg to disagree... :)

they are not expected to win?
how come they will send a NT to lose? :)

first of all, China has a good basketball program in general with its NT, they develop players not only for the China Team A, but also for the Team B as well as other teams, they can compose up to team Z if they want to, just kidding. Anyways, the fact that they are qualified to the Beijing Olympics make them less hungry of the Asian title and that's why they are sending the China team B. I don't think that China team B will let other teams dominate and take them for granted because they are just team B. 70-30% chance of China having 0-3 win-loss card in the bracket A is absurd, China B is not India NT nor Indonesia NT, they are not pushovers.

http://www.iranmania.com/News/Photoes/Sport/Top/topbasketball290704.jpg

Take for example the 2004 Asian Under-20 Basketball Championships wherein Iran won in their turf by as much as 25 pts. Will China let Iran beat them again? I think if there's bad blood between these two rival teams, China B 70-30% chances of being 0-3 is an underrated statement. :)

peace bro! :)

joel23
06-16-2007, 03:46 AM
Stankovic Cup

Italy B 74
China A 69

ITALY team B composed of U-20 players...

I know without Yao, even with Yao still beatable...:)

joel23
06-16-2007, 03:51 AM
first of all, China has a good basketball program in general with its NT, they develop players not only for the China Team A, but also for the Team B as well as other teams, they can compose up to team Z if they want to, just kidding. Anyways, the fact that they are qualified to the Beijing Olympics make them less hungry of the Asian title and that's why they are sending the China team B. I don't think that China team B will let other teams dominate and take them for granted because they are just team B. 70-30% chance of China having 0-3 win-loss card in the bracket A is absurd, China B is not India NT nor Indonesia NT, they are not pushovers.

Yah i know China B still heavily favored over Indo, India, THailand... I approx China B can win by 20-30points more over Indo & India.. China B is matchup with Syria...

China A is very Strong in Asia level like Philippines, Jordan, Korea, Iran, Chinese Taipei, Japan...

But the Philippines is in danger brackedted in Group A with fellow with Iran and Jordan... Jordan, recruited a naturalized from US is Raseim Wright is need to stop with veteran Ayman Dies, Zaid Al Khas & Moussa Basheer... Iran National Team, I approximate are favored in quaterfinals, beware of 7-5 HAmd Hadadi, Karam Ahmadian, Saman Veisi and most of all players are contribute... Iran i have 60-40 chances will have 3-0 or 2-1, Philippines' 3-0, 2-1 or 1-2, Jordan 2-1 or 1-2...

karim
06-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Yah i know China B still heavily favored over Indo, India, THailand... I approx China B can win by 20-30points more over Indo & India.. China B is matchup with Syria...

China A is very Strong in Asia level like Philippines, Jordan, Korea, Iran, Chinese Taipei, Japan...

But the Philippines is in danger brackedted in Group A with fellow with Iran and Jordan... Jordan, recruited a naturalized from US is Raseim Wright is need to stop with veteran Ayman Dies, Zaid Al Khas & Moussa Basheer... Iran National Team, I approximate are favored in quaterfinals, beware of 7-5 HAmd Hadadi, Karam Ahmadian, Saman Veisi and most of all players are contribute... Iran i have 60-40 chances will have 3-0 or 2-1, Philippines' 3-0, 2-1 or 1-2, Jordan 2-1 or 1-2...

hmmmm after lebanon have gotten 2 silver medals and gone to the WBC twice in a row , i expect them to be at level A with the other teams atleast , since their rank was always better than them :)

demonyito
06-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Stankovic Cup

I know without Yao, even with Yao still beatable...:)

you must have that Italian B team to do that

StreakShutr
06-17-2007, 01:01 AM
The week is almost finish and we still haven't had much news about RP team's Serbia Camp......

igorotski
06-17-2007, 01:34 AM
The week is almost finish and we still haven't had much news about RP team's Serbia Camp......

we're 1-1 there. a 97-79 win over Mega ishrana and a 82-77 loss to Vizura. let's cut this quickly cus this is kinda off topic..this is mainly about RPteam. or else sea otters will be back again.lol.

anyways, we can talk about this on Philippine bball section. if u wanna get updated more quickly, check the pba forum.

sergio23
06-17-2007, 04:56 AM
I want to change the question:

the question is: which Asian country will qualify in the coming 2008 Beijing
Olympics?

Make your decision and why you choose this team ??

Philippines!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saints13
06-17-2007, 10:55 AM

i dont get what you were saying? kindly rephrase everything.tnx! :D

apiSigbinz
06-17-2007, 11:16 AM
i dont get what you were saying? kindly rephrase everything.tnx! :D

sometimes i wonder if this Joel23 is really a Filipino... :D peace man!!!

watiwawa
06-17-2007, 01:07 PM

China A is very Strong in Asia level like Philippines[/SIZE], Jordan, Korea, Iran, Chinese Taipei, Japan...

do you what's happening in the basketball world(asia)???:o
hahaha... ranking rp team the same level as china is disgusting... you made me laugh... and also not putting qatar and lebanon....

FYI rp is not even assure WINNING 1 game... we are the underdog... it's lyk our boxing sensation manny pacquiao against ali...

let's wait for fiba asia... let's be humble...
LET'S PRAY!!!

demonyito
06-17-2007, 01:20 PM
joel23:p

wrong feed, its a sour appetite:D

joel23
06-17-2007, 05:08 PM
do you what's happening in the basketball world(asia)???:o
hahaha... ranking rp team the same level as china is disgusting... you made me laugh... and also not putting qatar and lebanon....

FYI rp is not even assure WINNING 1 game... we are the underdog... it's lyk our boxing sensation manny pacquiao against ali...

let's wait for fiba asia... let's be humble...
LET'S PRAY!!!

yeah we are now underdog in ranking that's the reason why we're lack in international exposure and also we had suspension for long years... It's ruinous performance this team... yah also lebanon ofcourse we beat them twice... i saw them movement and speed... China are taking advantage in height but slow as same speed with Filipinos.. But Filipinos had quicker a little bit than China... The Filipinos can get them if they will focus have 100%...

watiwawa
06-17-2007, 05:11 PM
yeah we are now underdog in ranking that's the reason why we're lack in international exposure and also we had suspension for long years... It's ruinous performance this team... yah also lebanon ofcourse we beat them twice... i saw them movement and speed... China are taking advantage in height but slow as same speed with Filipinos.. But Filipinos had quicker a little bit than China... The Filipinos can get them if they will focus have 100%...

that's why i compare pazquiao to ali...

pacquiao has speed..
while i compare the height advantage of china to ali's power

interxavierxxx
06-17-2007, 06:22 PM
hey another addition.. when watched China vs Greece in the WBC, Vassiliss Spanoulis was able to drive to the hoop and break China's defense that included Yao Ming and Wang Zhi Zhi. Spanoulis is only 6'4'' and still he was able to drive to hoop against two 7 footers. Why can't we do it?

saints13
06-17-2007, 07:09 PM

i think you're comprehension about Asian basketball in particular is very shallow and you're composition of words are very confusing :confused:

1st, RP doesn't lack international exposure, in fact, the RP team represented by amateur teams/commercial teams under the former BAP have been joining international competitions sanctioned by FIBA, problem is, we fail to get a place in those competitions and that is why we don't add points to our FIBA rankings. we failed to deliver consistently in the asian basketball scene ever since the professional basketball era.

2nd, Lebanon NT being beaten twice doesn't make any sense about your statement. Lebanon NT isn't a pushover, although they are not that invincible since RP can beat them and they can beat RP too if given the chance. Beating a team once, twice or thrice doesn't guarantee that they won't win anymore.

3rd, Chinese players are not slow compared to the Filipinos. The current RP team uses a run and gun type of game for some obvious reasons, they lack the ceiling. a 6'6 Chinese can play a shooting guard position with ease, and a 6'8 or 6'9 Chinese can play small forward position, how come they're speed is inferior to Filipino's speed? Compare 6'9 Gong Xiaobin against 6'3 Alvin Patrimonio, same team captain's, played in the same era, same position, but who's quicker? I really think Chinese players are slightly quicker since they play the European style of basketball under a European coach. Filipino's are more athletic than Chinese players, but I don't think we are more superior in speed, it's really a shallow analysis.

you have only seen China, Lebanon and Philippines? how about the rest of Asia.

kindly research facts and analyze your posts. :D

Phantim3dx
06-17-2007, 07:21 PM
why could vassilis "kill bill" spanoulis do it..hhhmm oh wait he is in the nba for a reason. let's see who else is ont he greak team who play in major euro clubs, and are debating of going to the NBA, there's Papaloukas. Big Sofo..big black guy for the greeks, and yes he is legitimate greek, has his rights under the clippers. sorry but i dont see any of our players in the same caliber as nba material/euroleague material who can jsut drive in on the walking wall of china, as well as there other players. which by the way are starting to pick up speed. chen jianghua pretty much burned the US when he wanted to drive in, hence he will be someone to look for in the nba in the future.

interxavierxxx
06-17-2007, 07:38 PM
do u get the feeling that Japan is becoming weaker in basketball? It seems that it has been overtaken by South Korea on almost every sport.

saints13
06-17-2007, 07:42 PM
hey another addition.. when watched China vs Greece in the WBC, Vassiliss Spanoulis was able to drive to the hoop and break China's defense that included Yao Ming and Wang Zhi Zhi. Spanoulis is only 6'4'' and still he was able to drive to hoop against two 7 footers. Why can't we do it?

they are Greeks, we are Filipinos. genetically, they are used to being big and that makes 6'4 Spanoulis a natural guard. at 6'4 they are guards in Greece, but in the Philippines 6'4 is already a forward.

I think there will be someone who can break China's defense from the RP NT since the current RP team is composed of slashers and athletic players, but for sure China's shotblockers will earn their stats, it won't be that regularly to score in the paint against a team with ceiling and for sure it won't be RP's bread and butter. Spanoulis is a triple-threat player, he can shoot, he can drive, he can even pass and that's why he can break defenses.

to drive to the hoop and break China's defense, we can do it somehow, but the question is, who will do it? is there a Spanoulis-calibre in our RP NT. :) hope there will be. :)

*its just my opinion, but feel free to disagree :) tnx

Phantim3dx
06-17-2007, 07:44 PM
they might be on a slump these past few yrs, but basketball is a poular sport there. the big 3 definitely are baseball, soccer, basketball.

but having played for the japanese intramural team in my uni, and being around japanese people a good portion in my uni as well as seeing the japanese playing in the summer league i play here in beijing, its constantly gaining steam. japan has a lot of cash to spend, seeing just a couple of their players break the NBA level in the future and they go crazy; its happening right now in baseball.

grassroots and eventually build up

interxavierxxx
06-17-2007, 08:42 PM
i think there's one problem with our team, we love to give it to our 6'6'' man and he will like do the offence of a 6'9'' - 7'0''. We should avoid that!! we should focus more on outside shooting and baseline shooting. Another thing, pls give me the email of Manny V. Pangilinan. I must offer my suggestion of training players who are 6'3'' - 6'6'' at the PG/SG position, 6'7''-6'8'' at the SF/PF position, and even train players at 6'9'' to be very quick just like Predrag Stojakovic or Mike Miller.

demonyito
06-18-2007, 07:56 AM
All PBA players are lack now in international exposure but still team to beat in Asia... Since PBA formed, in international rules the professional basketball players are not allowed in FIBA tournaments. In April 7 1989 FIBA membership were changed by virtue of 56-13 votes in favor of open competition.. In 1990 Beijing Asian Games the Filipinos first professional cagers in International competions but losing to China in Finals.. Filipinos is better in speed & quicker slightly than Chinese because the Chinese are bigger, you look the chinese 6-7 can penetrate and SF at position but the 6-7 filipinos are strong but slow at the same of 6-10 Chinese... The chinese ay hindi parin umubra sa mga euro style cause of advantage speed, moves & heart... Now, Filipinos are good but I saw them sinayang nila mga possession opportunities yan lang ang kulang... Pero mga players ngayon kulang sila sa dibdib at saka inconsistency... Like against Novi sad at Vizura they trailed down by 3 points nagigil sila.. At saka naiilang na sila malalaking defender... Si Asi din naiilang din kasi nasanay siya sa mga 6-7 players kaya nadadali na siya.. Si Helterbrand at Alapag din... Si Ranidel din... Hindi parin katulad nila Mon Fernandez, Atoy Co, Samboy Lim, Caloy Loyzaga, Allan Caidic, Caloy Badion at Alvin Patrimonio gumagamit nila ng utak...

well, joel23 sent me a PM. from now on, i will be his official interpreter

whats he's saying is that 1989 FIBA membership was changed by virtue of 56-13 lotto powerball results. filipinos are quicker nevertheless the chinese are slimmer because they drink too much herbal tea.

againts Novi Sad and VIzura, Asi was reluctant to guard good looking players, even Helterbrand and Alapag too.

demonyito
06-18-2007, 09:23 AM
EXPOSED

Interests:
Playing balls & Volleyball

Technical Support Staff

Home Country:
Philippines

Favorite Player(s)?:
Danny Seigle

[English please]

viperbravo is a butterfly

interxavierxxx
06-18-2007, 09:48 AM
another thing... Did u not know that Angola's tallest player is only 6'8"? and still they were able to become a good team... We can do it!!

Phantim3dx
06-18-2007, 11:24 AM
1990 is 1990, we are 17 yrs later, i dont mean to stomp on anyone's thread here or anything but the Chinese diet is starting to change. look at nations who are becoming wealthier, their diet's also change. example of this would be Japan. there diet is starting to include more fats, and red meat. starting to g away from fish and rice, although its still a staple. same thing in china. being in beijing right now, a lot of intake...especially up north like beijing, is red meat, red meat, red meat. the chinese still drink tea, but starting also to go to western diet style. the kids are starting to not just be tall here but also have some bulk. hell i just played with a bunch of chinese just now and i was the 2nd shortest, and they weren't slim either.

on an off topic note, it seems beijiners love their meat. hell mcdonald's and especially kfc is always packed. u mgiht as well call kfc a slaughter house since i have not yet seen one kfc empty from morning to close.

keep posting, and stay frosty

onono1
06-18-2007, 11:31 AM
another thing... Did u not know that Angola's tallest player is only 6'8"? and still they were able to become a good team... We can do it!!

Interxavierxxx dude, angola is not the philippines and philippines is not angola. What is the difference between the two except their height?

Phantim3dx
06-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Interxavierxxx dude, angola is not the philippines and philippines is not angola. What is the difference between the two except their height?

ones black and the other has mixed blood since we love the idea of screwing other civilizations and vice versa ;)

anti_morales
06-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Yes 6'8 but Angola is a very weak team. Before Sydney Olympics they scheduled a game in Philippines and played against an amateur PBL team, they won by just 9 points. Fearing that they would get smashed by the professional PBA all-stars, they cancelled the next exebition game. Did anyone remember that?

saints13
06-18-2007, 12:33 PM

I've seen Angola play in Pasig Sports Center vs. the Cebuana-Lhullier RP team composed of PBL stand-outs. :)

as I can see, the Angolans are way too athletic compared to the Philippines. :)

genetically, they are more athletic because they are Africans. :)

Filipinos are really more passionate, if not the most passionate in the world, and its our only advantage as of now, as far my opinion is concerned. :D

saints13
06-18-2007, 12:35 PM
1990 is 1990, we are 17 yrs later, i dont mean to stomp on anyone's thread here or anything but the Chinese diet is starting to change. look at nations who are becoming wealthier, their diet's also change. example of this would be Japan. there diet is starting to include more fats, and red meat. starting to g away from fish and rice, although its still a staple. same thing in china. being in beijing right now, a lot of intake...especially up north like beijing, is red meat, red meat, red meat. the chinese still drink tea, but starting also to go to western diet style. the kids are starting to not just be tall here but also have some bulk. hell i just played with a bunch of chinese just now and i was the 2nd shortest, and they weren't slim either.

on an off topic note, it seems beijiners love their meat. hell mcdonald's and especially kfc is always packed. u mgiht as well call kfc a slaughter house since i have not yet seen one kfc empty from morning to close.

keep posting, and stay frosty

well, it's a good observation :) tnx for the info :)

interxavierxxx
06-18-2007, 06:38 PM
guys what are ur takes? do u think that we(every national team in Asia) are capable of beating a European National Team in a large margin?

Phantim3dx
06-19-2007, 12:19 AM
not yet, as what's currently being shown/ when i state european teams i don't mean sall countries like denmark, sweden, etc. i mean the powerhouses of europe, greece, france, spain, italy, etc.

closest who can come up to them right now is china and they are struggline. it'll be awhile everything has to develop in asia first.

budz17
06-19-2007, 10:53 AM
ones black and the other has mixed blood since we love the idea of screwing other civilizations and vice versa ;)

lol:D

anyway, africans are way more athletic than us, just in case you didn't know.

just look at the nba, those are'nt americans playing, those are africans, heheh:D

peace

saints13
06-20-2007, 09:07 AM
back to the topic of this thread...

are there serious developments about the Tokushima Tournament?
is Japan preparing for it? :)

interxavierxxx
06-20-2007, 09:45 PM
there's something that really bothers me... During the Asian Games, Bang Sung Yoon explode to 42 points in game against Qatar but when I watched other South Korea matches; he wasn't dat active at all. What's going on?

saints13
06-20-2007, 10:05 PM
there's something that really bothers me... During the Asian Games, Bang Sung Yoon explode to 42 points in game against Qatar but when I watched other South Korea matches; he wasn't dat active at all. What's going on?

maybe everybody in the SK NT can explode anytime, it's just a matter of who will explode and when and against who. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DYdHHP1FNU <- is this Bang Sung Yoon you're talkin about? I searched him in youtube since I'm not familiar with his name, I'm familiar with SoKor's name as Kim, everybody has a surname Kim in their NT line-up, hehe. Kim Sam Sung etc. hehe.

karim
06-20-2007, 10:07 PM
he has a score to settle with qatar...qatar beat them in the bronze medal game at the 2005 asian championship which caused South Korea to miss the WBC for the 2nd time in a row and BANG got into a fight with 1 of the qatari players during the game i think with the guy who changed his name to Ali Turki i think his real name is smthng Black as in his family name is Black......

apiSigbinz
06-21-2007, 03:47 AM
he has a score to settle with qatar...qatar beat them in the bronze medal game at the 2005 asian championship which caused South Korea to miss the WBC for the 2nd time in a row and BANG got into a fight with 1 of the qatari players during the game i think with the guy who changed his name to Ali Turki i think his real name is smthng Black as in his family name is Black......

how is he related with Norman Black?!!! :D

saints13
06-21-2007, 11:12 AM
can there jus be a new thread?like "Achievements in the Past"? this thing really is endless even tho everyone already knows this

I've got a magazine here from Tower Sports about that old achievements :)
that sentiment is very Filipino's...we Filipinos are very nostalgic...but we shouldn't brag about it, time will come, an asian country will surpass that achievement I think :) can't we get over that 3rd place WCC finish thing? :)
it's a thread for the top 4 teams in Asia (NT strength and weaknesses), it may practically be refered to the teams that will battle in Tokushima this coming Fiba Asian Championships :)

igorotski
06-21-2007, 09:56 PM
I've got a magazine here from Tower Sports about that old achievements :)
that sentiment is very Filipino's...we Filipinos are very nostalgic...but we shouldn't brag about it, time will come, an asian country will surpass that achievement I think :) can't we get over that 3rd place WCC finish thing? :)
it's a thread for the top 4 teams in Asia (NT strength and weaknesses), it may practically be refered to the teams that will battle in Tokushima this coming Fiba Asian Championships :)

i suppose after 100 years , flipinos will still be bragging about our achievement in 1950's

saints13
06-22-2007, 05:02 AM
i suppose after 100 years , flipinos will still be bragging about our achievement in 1950's

I don't know, I hope this "bragging thing" stops in the next few years because it's sick and overused :)

donmar
06-22-2007, 06:36 AM
I don't know, I hope this "bragging thing" stops in the next few years because it's sick and overused :)

Yup!... I agree!!!!

khatib
06-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Latest news ,

Lebanese federation ask Fiba Asia to not allow andre barbosa and eduardo caviglia be with syria since they played with Brasil nt before...

Dragan the coach of lebanese nt to choose his final lineup in few days.

apiSigbinz
06-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Latest news ,

Lebanese federation ask Fiba Asia to not allow andre barbosa and eduardo caviglia be with syria since they played with Brasil nt before...

Dragan the coach of lebanese nt to choose his final lineup in few days.

why are they that damn good?! if they will play, what are the chances of them winning against other Asian teams?...

Phantim3dx
06-22-2007, 10:03 AM
i think its a mere matter that its illegal if im not mistaken to play for one nt team then go ahead and play another.

not to mention brazilians have produced world class players in the nba and in europe. so having even perhaps bench warmers(im not saying they are or can do things) play in a weaker region of fiba zones would be enough for what i would think at least one conutry to complain.

i guess to me its like saying brad miller of team usa (the backup center that was never used) going to the oceania fiba zone and saying i tihnk im going to play for new zealand, im sure the aussies would be bitching about it.

donmar
06-22-2007, 10:27 AM
i think its a mere matter that its illegal if im not mistaken to play for one nt team then go ahead and play another.

not to mention brazilians have produced world class players in the nba and in europe. so having even perhaps bench warmers(im not saying they are or can do things) play in a weaker region of fiba zones would be enough for what i would think at least one conutry to complain.

i guess to me its like saying brad miller of team usa (the backup center that was never used) going to the oceania fiba zone and saying i tihnk im going to play for new zealand, im sure the aussies would be bitching about it.

I think that works in football... FIFA allowed players to play in two national teams... I remember, last month USA Soocer Federation that if David Beckham wants to play in the 2010 World Cup and England doesn't pick, and he's still playing for Los Angeles Galaxy (such offer is very much questionable... since Beckham wants to play for England)... then he could play for Team USA.... Less than a hundred years ago... Barcelona scoring machine Paulino Alcantara plays for the Philippines in the Far Eastern Games and later represent Spain in Europe...

But in basketball... hmmmm? ... that's probably not gonna work... maybe if those BraSyrians played for Brazil's junior teams or something... I remember, when Aaron Olson was selected by New Zealand for the 2005/06 FIBA Oceania Championship and the 2006 FIBA World Championship... he wasn't able to play for New Zealand immediately because he plays for one of Canada's junior/youth teams in the past but then later one FIBA allowed him to play for New Zealand..

bobo81
06-22-2007, 11:41 AM
I think that works in football... FIFA allowed players to play in two national teams... I remember, last month USA Soocer Federation that if David Beckham wants to play in the 2010 World Cup and England doesn't pick, and he's still playing for Los Angeles Galaxy (such offer is very much questionable... since Beckham wants to play for England)... then he could play for Team USA....

Sorry man I don't know if I am understanding you correctly but are you saying Beckham can play for US? There is no way, because he is inelegible due to already being capped by England. If David was a younger player and only played with England in "unofficial" friendlies, than he could be elegible for team USA. Of course after becoming American first.

khatib
06-22-2007, 01:10 PM
dede barbosa here on the picture defended by herrmann from argentina. barbosa is lebanese origin (his ancensters from a small town) they emigrated to brasil before 1920 when lebanon was part of syria,so this place is lying in lebanon at this moment,but the syrian gave him a passport...

http://www.cbb.com.br/entrevista/images/admin/jogadores/186g.jpg

donmar
06-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Sorry man I don't know if I am understanding you correctly but are you saying Beckham can play for US? There is no way, because he is inelegible due to already being capped by England. If David was a younger player and only played with England in "unofficial" friendlies, than he could be elegible for team USA. Of course after becoming American first.

I know what you mean but the Los Angeles Galaxy assure Beckham can play for Team USA... assuming he doesn't play for England for at least two years (one of their tactics so that Beckham won't change his mind and stay in Europe)... but since England is still interesting to pick Beckham... that offer is dead by now...

ctongco
06-22-2007, 02:09 PM
I know what you mean but the Los Angeles Galaxy assure Beckham can play for Team USA... assuming he doesn't play for England for at least two years (one of their tactics so that Beckham won't change his mind and stay in Europe)... but since England is still interesting to pick Beckham... that offer is dead by now...

I thought you can only play for one country. When you have already played for a country you can not play for another.

donmar
06-22-2007, 02:23 PM
I thought you can only play for one country. When you have already played for a country you can not play for another.

Before you're allowed but not anymore... but Los Angeles Galaxy are desperate to keep Beckham and then went too far by saying he can play for Team USA in the 2010 World Cup... considering he wasn't playing for England to years before the World Cup... like I said earlier, you're allowed to play for another national team before... that could happen again in Beckham's case!

karim
06-22-2007, 03:55 PM
so he cant play for Syria NT and he cant play as a local at Jalaa(syrian team) or can he still play as a syrian at Jalaa ?

donmar
06-22-2007, 04:04 PM
so he cant play for Syria NT and he cant play as a local at Jalaa(syrian team) or can he still play as a syrian at Jalaa ?

If the Syrian leagues allowe imports then yup he can play for Jalaa... they have Syrian citizenship then they can play in the Syrian league but cannot play for the Syrian national team since they've represent Brazil already...

karim
06-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Lebanon has this brazilian center of lebanese roots Adriano Machado who played for Brazil U16 team......can he play with Lebanon NT since its just brazil U16 he played with ? Im sure he can play with riyadi or blue stars as lebanese since he has lebanese citizenship much like the case of barbosa and btw barbosa is also lebanese can he come and play for 1 of our clubs as a lebanese if we pay him more than the syrian team would pay him ?

donmar
06-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Lebanon has this brazilian center of lebanese roots Adriano Machado who played for Brazil U16 team......can he play with Lebanon NT since its just brazil U16 he played with ? Im sure he can play with riyadi or blue stars as lebanese since he has lebanese citizenship much like the case of barbosa and btw barbosa is also lebanese can he come and play for 1 of our clubs as a lebanese if we pay him more than the syrian team would pay him ?

It works for Aaron Olson before.. he played for one of Canada's age-group teams and then went on to represent New Zealand in the World Championships... Then he (Adriano Machado) should be alright for Lebanon!... but it depends on what's FIBA's decision!

interxavierxxx
06-22-2007, 06:05 PM
wat about South Korea's 7'4" center? is he dat good? or can Taulava outplay him?

saints13
06-22-2007, 06:29 PM
wat about South Korea's 7'4" center? is he dat good? or can Taulava outplay him?

http://english.chosun.com/media/photo/news/200406/200406250044_00.jpg
you meant Ha Seung Jin?

I don't know if Taulava can outplay him, hopefully he might or might not, I guess. :) There's an evident mismatch in height and Ha Seung Jin has a lot of international exposure at a very young age and has NBA experience already, I think he'll have the upper hand against Asi Taulava.

karim
06-22-2007, 08:14 PM
no guys HA sux he didnt even play in the 2005 asian championship sitting on the bench the whole time and at the asian games i watched his game against Jordan , their power forward Islam Abbas(196) held him to 4pts all game so no worries about him trust me on this one.........

WIZARD
06-22-2007, 08:21 PM
no guys HA sux he didnt even play in the 2005 asian championship sitting on the bench the whole time and at the asian games i watched his game against Jordan , their power forward Islam Abbas(196) held him to 4pts all game so no worries about him trust me on this one.........

Islam is 200 Cm just a correction bro..:) but ya he held him well

Kings
06-23-2007, 12:28 AM
http://www.qatarolympics.org/mritems/files/qba/pic/day5/14.jpg
23th FIBA Asia Championship: Saudi Arabia 87 - Kuwait 84

interxavierxxx
06-23-2007, 12:43 AM
I think the one factor in beating China (wid Yi, Yao, and Wang) is to outmuscle and outrun them. I watched the WC 2006, China was completely outmuscled by their opponents especially Greece. Lebanon, Philippines, and Iran have centers who are quite muscular... that's one factor we have already... the only thing they need now is agility.

Another thing, Vassiliss Spanoulis overpowered China's PG who has a slender body.

apiSigbinz
06-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Saudi Arabia withdraw from Kuwait to replace makes Lebanon and Japan's job more easy.... :D

demonyito
06-23-2007, 01:24 AM
http://english.chosun.com/media/photo/news/200406/200406250044_00.jpg
you meant Ha Seung Jin?

I don't know if Taulava can outplay him, hopefully he might or might not, I guess. :) There's an evident mismatch in height and Ha Seung Jin has a lot of international exposure at a very young age and has NBA experience already, I think he'll have the upper hand against Asi Taulava.

http://static.flickr.com/26/99793047_5c8ca79ed3.jpg

demonyito
06-23-2007, 01:29 AM
dede barbosa here on the picture defended by herrmann from argentina. barbosa is lebanese origin (his ancensters from a small town) they emigrated to brasil before 1920 when lebanon was part of syria,so this place is lying in lebanon at this moment,but the syrian gave him a passport...

hey Khatib baby, yeh Dede looks more of an arab than a latino

reamily
06-23-2007, 02:03 AM
our pt guard is better specially no. 1 of alaska

anti_morales
06-23-2007, 02:20 AM
Stop bragging dude, though I agree the alaska piont guard is better, the point is, China has finally produced a world class guard, which is the only missing link to their success.

our pt guard is better specially no. 1 of alaska

bobo81
06-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Saudi Arabia withdraw from Kuwait to replace
What a suprise :rolleyes:

As always...

saints13
06-23-2007, 11:54 AM

well, he's not a tough nut to crack after all, isn't he?

thanks for the info man..

reamily
06-24-2007, 03:19 AM
ha seung jin is like an acacia standing in the court oh my god asi will eat him alive even menk

saints13
06-24-2007, 07:40 PM
if that dede guy was out..what's left for Syria? aside from Maadanli (I'm not sure about the spelling), who are the players to watch?

karim
06-24-2007, 08:05 PM
noone......shareef el shareef is not bad though....but their probably the team with the least good players in asia.......they have the same team which finished 10th during last year,s asian games and i remember this same team played in the 2003 asian championship and lost in the 1st round........

interxavierxxx
06-24-2007, 11:05 PM
wat's your take on Puerto Rico? do u think an Asian Team can beat them?

Wat about Greece? Do we have a chance?

donmar
06-25-2007, 05:16 AM

About Puerto Rico!... just provide your players with scissors and you'll win the game! :D

apiSigbinz
06-25-2007, 05:18 AM
About Puerto Rico!... just provide your players with scissors and you'll win the game! :D

bwahahahahahahahaha :D

watch out taipan is looking for you.... :D

saints13
06-25-2007, 02:30 PM

my opinion.. NT vs. NT? no chance in hell right now. :)

StreakShutr
06-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Please broadcast RP games (Jones Cup, 4 Nation tourney, etc.).....

Please please please....

CHINA TEAM
06-26-2007, 01:53 AM

http://photocdn.sohu.com/20050916/Img226978277.jpg

joel23
06-26-2007, 02:44 AM

Seung Jin Ha's not a good player... Asi Taulava's always can eat Ha... Asi's better...

joel23
06-26-2007, 02:48 AM

Hey!!! Angola's didn't win against Philippines in the past world championships... Nevertheless African powers Angola is still weak in the world now... Philippines, Japan, Korea, CHina, Iran, Jordan can beat Angola...

onono1
06-26-2007, 03:02 AM
Hey!!! Angola's didn't win against Philippines in the past world championships... Nevertheless African powers Angola is still weak in the world now... Philippines, Japan, Korea, CHina, Iran, Jordan can beat Angola...

Sir Joel23 you said angola did not win against the philippines in the past world championships..it is because the philippines national basketball team has never compete or qualified in the world championships for almost 30 yrs. now, am i right??? Yes, angola is weak compared to USA and top teams from europe...but i dont think angolans can be defeated easily by china or other nat'l basketball squad in asian region, they are not your so called lowly or so-so athletes....or noobs :p

joel23
06-26-2007, 03:07 AM
maybe everybody in the SK NT can explode anytime, it's just a matter of who will explode and when and against who. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DYdHHP1FNU <- is this Bang Sung Yoon you're talkin about? I searched him in youtube since I'm not familiar with his name, I'm familiar with SoKor's name as Kim, everybody has a surname Kim in their NT line-up, hehe. Kim Sam Sung etc. hehe.

Bang Sung-Yun could stop by Don Don Hontiveros in the past brunei cup semi-finals.. Bang's averaging 25-30+points in every game except against the SMC-Pilipinas, Bang had less than 11points and lost the game...

joel23
06-26-2007, 03:09 AM
:p :p
Sir Joel23 you said angola did not win against the philippines in the past world championships..it is because the philippines national basketball team has never compete or qualified in the world championships for almost 30 yrs. now, am i right??? Yes, angola is weak compared to USA and top teams from europe...but i dont think angolans can be defeated easily by china or other nat'l basketball squad in asian region, they are not your so called lowly or so-so athletes....or noobs :p
:p i'm sorry Egypt pala!!! hehe!! :p

I know Angola is still weak in the world... Nevertheless they're black athletic players but the Philippines can beat them...

joel23
06-26-2007, 03:23 AM
well, joel23 sent me a PM. from now on, i will be his official interpreter

whats he's saying is that 1989 FIBA membership was changed by virtue of 56-13 lotto powerball results. filipinos are quicker nevertheless the chinese are slimmer because they drink too much herbal tea.

againts Novi Sad and VIzura, Asi was reluctant to guard good looking players, even Helterbrand and Alapag too.

Yeah!!! The herbal slimming tea are not allowing to take players to join of any International Games... They will check the drug test and then will found.???:confused:

saints13
06-26-2007, 03:38 AM
what about the herbal tea?
aint it natural, that's why it's called herbal, does it contain prohibited substances?
sounds like you meant that drinking herbal tea is cheating :) lolz
it's just a drink, we have nothing to do with it, don't blame beverages sir.

Kings
06-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Schedule (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3370)

Projectspeed
06-27-2007, 05:31 AM
Schedule (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3370)

Does it have English version?:D

Can't find it:D

thanks

Project888
06-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Below is the complete preliminary round schedule of all teams.

Preliminary Round
Group A
July 28
China vs. Jordan
Iran vs. Philippines

July 29
Philippines vs. China
Jordan vs. Iran

July 30
Iran vs. China
Philippines vs. Jordan

Group B
July 28
UAE vs. Japan
Lebanon vs. Kuwait

July 29
Japan vs. Lebanon
Kuwait vs. UAE

July 30
UAE vs. Lebanon
Japan vs. Kuwait

Group C
July 28
Qatar vs. India
Kazakhstan vs. Indonesia

July 29
Indonesia vs. Qatar
India vs. Kazakhstan

July 30
Kazakhstan vs. Qatar
Indonesia vs. India

Group D
July 28
Syria vs. Chinese Taipei
South Korea vs. Hongkong of China

July 29
Hongkong of China vs. Syria
Chinese Taipei vs. South Korea

July 30
Chinese Taipei vs. Hongkong of China
Syria vs. South Korea

Click here http://fiba-asia24.jp/ for the 24th FIBA-Asia Championship official website.

thekidd
06-29-2007, 03:57 AM
South korea is strong than lebanon :eek: haha...

1.chine
2.Lebanon
3.quatar
4.japan

I don't know anything about philippino team :confused:

hahahah you don't know about the RP NT because we are suspended for the past few years to join the competition...

and unfortunately for us... it is because we love basketball so much... That time the governing bodies of basketball in RP is fighting each other.... But a good thing happened in our Basketball body this year... And the FIBA band was lifted....

As you can see for the past 2 decades RP NT is only sending (Top) pro players during the Asian Games... or in preparation of the Asian Games....

So if the intl tournament is being held before the Asian Games, that will be the time RP TOP Pro Players will be sent to SEABA, Jones Cup, Sultan Cup....

I think it will be the first time since I can remember that RP NT is composed of Top PRo Players in FIBA Asia...

So put it this way... China, Korea, Japan, and the Western Asian Teams are been sending at least their True Top NT (Pro) Players for the past decade consistently in FIBA Asia....

RP NT? We intently like to send a Top Pro Players last 2005 for Fiba Asia... but we can't, because of the band from FIBA...

RP NT is the dark horse of the upcoming FIBA Asia 2007...

All of the Top teams for the past decade are the favorite horses....

The good thing with being a Dark Horse in this tournament is: Our Opponent will never know what have hit them, until they will play with our Team...

Phantim3dx
06-29-2007, 06:48 AM
i think he means our current lineup and preparation not the past achievement which all of us have stated hundreds of times already...:rolleyes:

daniab
06-29-2007, 07:36 AM
i think he means our current lineup and preparation not the past achievement which all of us have stated hundreds of times already...:rolleyes:

Exactly :D

joel23
06-29-2007, 09:58 AM
I think the article's saying that this is one of the strongest NT from the Philippines, not the strongest NT in Asia.

You don't know about the Filipino players and Asia:p
more strongest teams in still Asia are China, Philippines, Iran, Lebanon, South Korea, Japan, Jordan, and Taiwan... I including they're more heavy rivals in Asia... The Asian league of Death!

saints13
06-29-2007, 10:54 AM
as far as I'm concerned.. the Philippines is far enough from being on the top 4 Asian Basketball Powerhouse at this moment, being self-proclaimed darkhorse doesn't have a lot to brag about. :) having read a lot in this forum, It's only Filipinos who overrate the RP team and talk much about the Philippines, too much unecessary info to share in this Asian forum, too much Philippine Basketball without considering the rest of Asian basketball. foreigners don't care much about what Filipinos say in this forum, well let's just take China for example, they don't brag here too much, theres not much Chinese here to say that they're the best in Asia and etc etc. and they don't have to brag because we all knew that they're the most dominant team in Asia. so let's just stop bragging and being arrogant and let the RP NT's performance do the talking. :)

Lebanon
06-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Head coach: Dragan Raca
Assistant coach: Koussay Hatem
Physician: Khalil Nassar
Fitness coach: Houssam Khalil

Players:
Fadi el-khatib (197cm 2-3) (captain)
Ali Mahmoud (182cm 1)
Hussein Tawbeh (197cm 4)
Omar el Turk (188cm 2)
Joe Vogel (211cm 4-5)
Ali Fakhreddine (202cm 4-5)
Mazen Mneymneh (192cm 2-3)
Rony Fahed (184cm 1-2)
Jean Abdelnour (199cm 3)
Bassem Balaa (199cm 3-4)
Roy Samaha (204cm 4-5)
Brian Bechara (204cm 2-3-4)

The team will play in Jones cup (2-10 July), will then travel to Philippines for a training camp and a friendly tournament with Philippines, China and Syria before going to Japan on July 24.
________
Mature Rimming (http://www.fucktube.com/video/25521/mature-wife-rimming-her-man)

ArkadiosV2
06-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Seems a bit short team. I guess Raca can be a good coach for small teams without much competitions, like Cyprus League or Lebanon NT.

igorotski
06-29-2007, 02:45 PM
as far as I'm concerned.. the Philippines is far enough from being on the top 4 Asian Basketball Powerhouse at this moment, being self-proclaimed darkhorse doesn't have a lot to brag about. :) having read a lot in this forum, It's only Filipinos who overrate the RP team and talk much about the Philippines, too much unecessary info to share in this Asian forum, too much Philippine Basketball without considering the rest of Asian basketball. foreigners don't care much about what Filipinos say in this forum, well let's just take China for example, they don't brag here too much, theres not much Chinese here to say that they're the best in Asia and etc etc. and they don't have to brag because we all knew that they're the most dominant team in Asia. so let's just stop bragging and being arrogant and let the RP NT's performance do the talking. :)

flips always say things like these:

"our ___ is better than your ____!"
"your team's ____ plays so weak!"
"our____ will eat him alive!"

also, flips love criticizing other teams but if other asians do it to us, we freak out and give infinite replies.

im glad there are still people like saints and phantim

demonyito
06-29-2007, 03:17 PM
when local basketball is the only thing he knew then i wont blame his naiveness when it comes to bigger basketball topic

igorotski
06-29-2007, 03:27 PM
when local basketball is all you got then that will be your foundation of knowledge. that even when we're talking of international competition, they will always insist that knowledge because that's all they've got..

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright!

Phantim3dx
06-29-2007, 04:12 PM
when local basketball is the only thing he knew then i wont blame his naiveness when it comes to bigger basketball topic

you kind of have a point there, but hey that's why we all joined interbasket for a reason, to lurk and learn about other intl basketball orgs and what's going on their. gives us an idea of what else is happening in the rest of the world ;)

saints13
06-29-2007, 04:18 PM
you kind of have a point there, but hey that's why we all joined interbasket for a reason, to lurk and learn about other intl basketball orgs and what's going on their. gives us an idea of what else is happening in the rest of the world ;)

korekto! :)

in english: right roger! lolz :D

karim
06-29-2007, 07:47 PM
well yeah they are short when their playing in WBC but compared to asia their not bad in height especially the starters where khatib(197) is the 2 , beshara is the 3(204) , ROY is the 4(204) and Vogel is the 5(211)....i guess they took mazen mneimneh in place of sabah good choice even though i would,ve liked to have seen ghaleb with them i think he can help us in the competitive games....for the lebanese members here i heard vogel has a small injury will he play with us for sure in jones cup on monday ?? wat abt beshara will he be ready on monday ? and are the games gonna be broadcasted ?

Dinamita
06-29-2007, 09:18 PM
I think FIBA should change the rules...
Olympic HOST teams shouldnt play for the QUALIFYING TOURNAMENTS.. It doesnt make sense... Playing in a qualifying tournament while you already know that your team is qualified because youre the host of the olympics...:rolleyes:

reamily
06-30-2007, 01:34 AM
they prefer to be quick and strong to match up with rp team

saints13
06-30-2007, 02:22 AM
Olympic HOST teams shouldnt play for the QUALIFYING TOURNAMENTS.. It doesnt make sense... Playing in a qualifying tournament while you already know that your team is qualified because youre the host of the olympics...:rolleyes:

do you think so? :D
isnt it an incentive for the host, because its hard to host games (manpower, financial, venue etc.) without your team participating on it. :)

saints13
06-30-2007, 03:42 AM
guys, Jones Cup is approaching...let's assess their teams strengths and weaknesses..shall we? :)

jiefangjun
06-30-2007, 03:52 AM
isnt it an incentive for the host, because its hard to host games (manpower, financial, venue etc.) without your team participating on it. :)

you miss his point. What he suggested is that the host team should't play in the QUALIFYING tournament.:o

joel23
06-30-2007, 03:54 AM
guys, Jones Cup is approaching...let's assess their teams strengths and weaknesses..shall we? :)

yah lets see.. i wanna to watch!:)

Dinamita
06-30-2007, 04:28 AM

You misunderstood me buddy...:)

karim
06-30-2007, 09:33 AM
they prefer to be quick and strong to match up with rp team
but it shouldnt be this way...they should use their size against the smaller teams if they do face RP team in the next round i expect them to put in the biggest line up they could......

karim
06-30-2007, 11:31 AM

no it is important cuz it also changes the fiba rankings.....if china b team gets to the semis than their ranking wont change much but if they lose in the 1st round or dont participate at all they will go way back , than lebanon can catch up with them ;) china is now 11th where lebanon is 24th.......

joel23
06-30-2007, 01:18 PM
do you think so?
isnt it an incentive for the host, because its hard to host games (manpower, financial, venue etc.) without your team participating on it.

what??? the host's playing in qualifying tournament..

saints13
06-30-2007, 03:11 PM
You misunderstood me buddy...:)

ah sorry :D
well, its still a good thing for China to play even though they are qualified, they have the luxury of not sending their senior NT, they'll give exposure to their Junior team and that's a good development for their basketball program. :)

interxavierxxx
07-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Bang Sung-Yun could stop by Don Don Hontiveros in the past brunei cup semi-finals.. Bang's averaging 25-30+points in every game except against the SMC-Pilipinas, Bang had less than 11points and lost the game...
you don't have to worry about South Korea's Bang Sung-Yoon. He was easily outplayed by Dondon Hontiveros in the last Brunei Cup.

saints13
07-01-2007, 07:03 PM
you don't have to worry about South Korea's Bang Sung-Yoon. He was easily outplayed by Dondon Hontiveros in the last Brunei Cup.

from a more realistic perspective..that doesn't guarantee that he will be outplayed again... :)

moving on, let's watch the Jones Cup first, Tokushima Games will be next. :)

joel23
07-02-2007, 03:27 PM

yeah i hope he will be do it again

JET007
07-04-2007, 03:48 PM
GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS TO ALL COMPETING ASIAN TEAMS(especially the INANGBAYAN!!!) I HOPE ALL OF YOUR PLAYERS LAND SAFELY IN TOKUSHIMA AND NONE OF THEM GET INJURED, CRASH IN THE FLIGHT, GETS MARRIED, OR GETS LOST IN THE AIRPORT BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT!!! (well maybe el-khatib and sam douglas should get married...:D:D:D:D:D)

its starting in a couple of weeks!!!

snipes12
07-10-2007, 12:14 PM
but it shouldnt be this way...they should use their size against the smaller teams if they do face RP team in the next round i expect them to put in the biggest line up they could......
el khatib is the only person i am familliar with your team , nice all around offensive game

saints13
07-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Jones Cup has finally come to its end..

let's now watch and focus our attention to the Manila Invitational Tournament :)

Syria, China and Lebanon will visit Manila for a pocket tournament together with the host Philippines..

I wonder where are the other teams going after Jones Cup?

jundakki
07-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Will somebody translate this site . Tnx

http://fiba-asia24.jp/

joel23
07-12-2007, 03:36 AM
If Philippines beat Jordan and Iran... Surely the Philippines will easy pick to Qualify... My priority is Philippines beat Jordan and Iran than China NT. I hope elimated Jordan and Iran then China NT will advance to Finals for Philippine Team will make easy...:)

CHINA TEAM
07-14-2007, 02:17 AM
We will beat you. HAHAHA....

Where are your NT's achievements in international basketball????

yes your NT is presently Asia's powerhouse... but it will not be long... S. KOrea has beaten you a couple of times already... that means your team is not indispensable...

WE WILL BEAT YOU!!!!

You will beat us???Haha you can shit up~
HooHooo,we beat you yesterday,and what do you think of that???
BTW:this only our B team~

kepweng
07-14-2007, 02:37 AM
Hey there China team, I just want to know, is that the complete roster of china b that will play in Japan? Because the team that you took yesterday was lacking one prolific scorer, he didn't play to avoid being scouted and in order to preserve him for Japan. He plays number 3 and can score 20+points a game. That's why if you can see the boxscore of yesterday's game, it was only caguioa who scored 20+points.

donmar
07-14-2007, 02:40 AM
Just because because we loss by three to the B Team... doesn't mean we can assume that we could beat China... imagine what's the margin if we are playing the A Team with Yao Ming on it..

Filipinos should calm down... just because our Philippine national team have had a good performance against other Asian countries... doesn't mean you have to be a smart arse

igorotski
07-14-2007, 02:44 AM
You will beat us???Haha you can shit up~
HooHooo,we beat you yesterday,and what do you think of that???
BTW:this only our B team~

it shuda been said 'we can beat u' instead of that. 'will beat' u sounds kinda cocky and assured 100%. that wuda been more applicable if it had been directed to Indonesia.

anyhow mr. China team, vladski jus meant that China aint invincible.
so both parties,RP and China B cant say that either one WILL BEAT cus none are invulernable. say 'can beat' instead. however when we're talking about China A.. we wud say 'hopefully we can.'

if i were on china b's side, i wudnt be happy either. being trailed by 10+ and jus went to nothing(in the 2nd quarter) and tables turned wch made then the ones trailing. of course, same to RP goddamnit another golden 10ptlead that turned into sh*t.

bad win for china wch cuda lost from the miss in 2Freethrow shots. had philippines survived the late run and won, wuda been a bad win for them too.

CHINA TEAM
07-14-2007, 02:52 AM
Hey there China team, I just want to know, is that the complete roster of china b that will play in Japan? Because the team that you took yesterday was lacking one prolific scorer, he didn't play to avoid being scouted and in order to preserve him for Japan. He plays number 3 and can score 20+points a game. That's why if you can see the boxscore of yesterday's game, it was only caguioa who scored 20+points.
Yeah,basic frame of b team are these members will play with you in japen. only 1-2 members will to b team from A team when they come back even though 。as you know china a team just finished NBA summer ,Zhang songtao;Zhou peng;Ding jinhui and Wang zhonguang will be eliminated possible。as for to resupply b team,i think only zhang songtao(213cm) and Ding jinhui(207cm)

Zhang songtao(b team need this kind of strong center)

Zhou peng(he is too young,will return to U-19 nt)
http://newphoto.1t1t.com/usr/8e/232545/1184238969_0.gif

As for wang lei,he will be stay in A team
http://newphoto.1t1t.com/usr/8e/232545/1184237800_0.gif

saints13
07-14-2007, 01:43 PM
when will Chinese big guys ever end? :D

is it true that China has genetic engineering methods to produce big as in BIG kids???