PDA

View Full Version : 24th FIBA-Asia Championship [Jul 28-Aug 5 Japan]

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

onono1
05-30-2007, 09:06 AM
So What?!:p
Can you do it to my parents' homeland--China????
Smart A$$:D

Hahahaha good question taipan, can lebanon do it on china too :rolleyes: routing the chinese in double digit is a very hard task especially yao ming in uniform.

taipan
05-30-2007, 09:12 AM
YEAH~!this is better about chen.

VhIaul1s5qI

The NO5 member is he~!

No, I think mine is better!
If you can see, my vedio shows Chen playing in the WBC last year. they are all National teams vs. the like of USA, Germany and Brasil with the NBA stars. But your vedio is playing against U19 Asian players.:p

Anyway, we all know how good Chen is. Right??!!:cool:

CHINA TEAM
05-30-2007, 09:14 AM
I am from Hong Kong, China.
Born and raise here. :cool:
Hang Kang is part of China However,they can use “Chinese HangKang“to join the FIBA games。like“chinese TAIPEI;Chinese AOMEN”and scotand;england;welsh and Northern Ireland” of Britain,right?

taipan
05-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Hahahaha good question taipan, can lebanon do it on china too :rolleyes: routing the chinese in double digit is a very hard task especially yao ming in uniform.

Yeh! Just wonder if there is any Asian team routing China (FULL NT) by double digit margin for the past 10 years????:confused:

kukoc7
05-30-2007, 09:18 AM
NBA Draft notes about Chen:

NBA Comparison: Allen Iverson

Strengths: A tremendously gifted athlete with exceptional creativity and flair for the game... His crossover is Iverson-like, also like Iverson makes the game look very easy ... Pushes the ball up the court tremendously well ... Has a great handle of the basketball ... His quickness is his greatest asset, and gives him incredible potential ... Has very good leaping ability as witnessed by his Slam Dunk title at the adidas Superstar Asia Camp ... Shoots the ball exceptionally well, and has 3 point range ... Passes the ball with very good timing and court vision ... A unique talent from China, previously no guards have even been close to this level of athlete ...If he is truly just 16 years of age, the sky is the limit for him ... He wants to improve and is coachable ...

Weaknesses: Still very weak physically, he will need to improve his diet and workout regimen to enhance his potential in the NBA ... Tends to go for the spectacular sometimes when the easy play will do... Defensively he must learn to play with more intensity ... Added strength will help him a lot ... His passing can catch players off guard if they aren't prepared ... His release is a little unorthodox, but not too bad, just takes a little time to get rid of the ball ... His attitude rubs some the wrong way ... Has a reputation for being lazy .. His real age is in question, some feel he could be as old as 18, and if that's the case his physical development has less potential... Must get better with his ability to create shots for himself but with his quickness it should improve ...

Notes: Gained a considerable amount of fame and recognition being featured in a New York Times article on Hoops in China.

CHINA TEAM
05-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Oh,i think they can’t。
In fact they had never done it。No matter our“100% NT” or we w/o YAO and Wang;DU and 19th U18 Fiba-Asia Championships 。

CHINA TEAM
05-30-2007, 09:27 AM
No, I think mine is better!
If you can see, my vedio shows Chen playing in the WBC last year. they are all National teams vs. the like of USA, Germany and Brasil with the NBA stars. But your vedio is playing against U19 Asian players.:p

Anyway, we all know how good Chen is. Right??!!:cool:
Haha同胞,I saw it earlier,but yours not in WBC2006,only is a warmup match in Guangzhou,but i have to say he did worse in WC2006。

Doesn‘t metter,sure! we all know how good Chen is. i belive he will be NBA player of CHINA 1st PG!!!:D

igorotski
05-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeh! Just wonder if there is any Asian team routing China (FULL NT) by double digit margin for the past 10 years????:confused:

if im not mistaken, last '02 asian games, korea has led as much as 10.
hadnt they? i think it was after the OT.

taipan
05-30-2007, 11:49 AM
if im not mistaken, last '02 asian games, korea has led as much as 10.
hadnt they? i think it was after the OT.

Hope you understand my question. You can led by 100 but if you win by 2 pts, then your margin of victory is still 2. Got it?

daniab
05-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Teams already qualified to asian champ 2007 @ Tokushima===> Lebanon,Syria,Jordan,Iran,Philippine,Indonesie,Jap an and Kazakhstan.

karim
05-30-2007, 01:37 PM

so what :p can China do it to to my parents homeland-USA???
Smart A$$ - hahhahaah :p

SkyWalker
05-30-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't think you can find out this July!
They are currently playing for the China A team and won't play you guys till the Olympics (If your nation qualified).:)

i aint talking bout chen jinghua ****, i mean your team B players. :D :p

taipan
05-30-2007, 02:12 PM
i aint talking bout chen jinghua ****, i mean your team B players. :D :p
Who is playing for team B, Filip LO???

Do you know their names to make your assessment?????
Have you seem them play?????
Team B roster not even fialized!
edit: keep it clean, kids - Stuart

SupaRuki
05-30-2007, 03:58 PM
china, rp, sokor and qatar

spreekanick
05-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Enough Guys.. :) Back to the topic which is BASKETBALL

By the way...is lebanon not sending Fadi El Khatib to their national line up?!
How Come?! He's a good player.. :)

karim
05-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Enough Guys.. :) Back to the topic which is BASKETBALL

By the way...is lebanon not sending Fadi El Khatib to their national line up?!
How Come?! He's a good player.. :)

ya hes our best player...they say the 2nd best player in asia after Yao Ming.....i dont no man ....also vogel,beshara,ali mahmoud and omar turk might not play....and lebanon isnt a deep team so if all this continues , they are a 2nd round team at best......

karim
05-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Dragan Raca the new head coach of Lebanon!

by Erodotos Miltiadous - May 30, 2007

Dragan Raca is officially the new head coach of the Lebanon National Team. Following a Eurobasket exclusive, the Serbian-Cypriot announced on Wednesday (30/5) to Eurobasket.com that he agreed terms with the Lebanese Basketball Federation and will travel to the neighboring country on Sunday evening (3/6) and take over his new duties on Monday.

“The Lebanese Federation believed in me. It's a great honor for me since the Lebanese team is one of the best in Asia and basketball is the most popular sport in the country. Taking over the Lebanese National Team is a big challenge for me”, Dragan Raca told Eurobasket.com on Wednesday (30/5).

The 46 year old coach didn't accept the proposal from the beginning since he was waiting the see what the roster would look like a head of the Asian Championship qualifiers. The Baskentball Federation of the country complied with Raca's demands and the successful coach will return to Lebanon, this time as head coach of the NT.

Hopefully everythings gonna be okay......dragan wont come if the main players werent gonna play.....i think its gonna be a full roster with the exceptions of ali mahmoud and brian beshara who are not really known whether they will play or not......anyway i still think our team is still strong enough to be a contender and hopefully we can atleast make the semis and qualify for the olympics qualifier tournament incase we dont get to the finals.....

pachador
05-30-2007, 10:32 PM
karim

is basketball now the most popular sport in lebanon? or is it still soccer?

how about the average heights, who do you think are the tallest people in the middle east? are iranians taller and stronger than,say, lebanese or say saudis?

Dragan Raca the new head coach of Lebanon!

by Erodotos Miltiadous - May 30, 2007

Dragan Raca is officially the new head coach of the Lebanon National Team. Following a Eurobasket exclusive, the Serbian-Cypriot announced on Wednesday (30/5) to Eurobasket.com that he agreed terms with the Lebanese Basketball Federation and will travel to the neighboring country on Sunday evening (3/6) and take over his new duties on Monday.

“The Lebanese Federation believed in me. It's a great honor for me since the Lebanese team is one of the best in Asia and basketball is the most popular sport in the country. Taking over the Lebanese National Team is a big challenge for me”, Dragan Raca told Eurobasket.com on Wednesday (30/5).

The 46 year old coach didn't accept the proposal from the beginning since he was waiting the see what the roster would look like a head of the Asian Championship qualifiers. The Baskentball Federation of the country complied with Raca's demands and the successful coach will return to Lebanon, this time as head coach of the NT.

Hopefully everythings gonna be okay......dragan wont come if the main players werent gonna play.....i think its gonna be a full roster with the exceptions of ali mahmoud and brian beshara who are not really known whether they will play or not......anyway i still think our team is still strong enough to be a contender and hopefully we can atleast make the semis and qualify for the olympics qualifier tournament incase we dont get to the finals.....

pachador
05-30-2007, 10:35 PM
lets face it, the big reason china is a basketball power is that they have all those 7 foot giants. without those giants, they would not be # 1
china is lucky to have 1.3 billion people to look for giants.......plus they have the government breeding program encouraging tall basketball players to marry tall women players such as what happened with Yao ming's parents who were instructed to marry each other because they are both tall resulting in Yao the giant.

here is the story of the creation of Yao ming:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1126765-1,00.html

karim
05-31-2007, 12:02 AM
no pachador in the arab countries iran has the tallest and srongest bodies , even thought i have to admit they have no talents but they do well(5th every asian championship) cuz they are very tall.......than come the bodies of lebanese,jordanians and syrians almost all equal in height but u might find more tall people in syria and jordan cuz they have a much larger population which is why lebanon naturalized vogel(210) 7 years ago...they have alot of good guards and they found their missing peice in vogel.....the weakest bodies probably in the world are the gulf region like KSA,UAE and qatar....thats y their level is low in basketball all these countries are short and thin bodies...in qatar,s case u cannot judge cuz their whole team is made of african imports they didnt even have a team 5 years ago before they started getting imports ....and ya bball is ofcourse more popular than soccer ....we r ranked 24th in the world in bball whereas we,re like 105 in soccer maybe :p even though this year we qualified to the last round of the olympics qualifier in soccer which is a few weeks away and i hope we can make history and qualify to the olympics even though this may be nearly impossible and our ranking will definitely improve this year simply by getting to the 2nd round which we have accomplished last week . Hopefully we can get the strong lebanese players in germany to join the NT and become better in the near future than we,ll have smthng to be proud of besides basketball........

jiefangjun
05-31-2007, 12:04 AM
lets face it, the big reason china is a basketball power is that they have all those 7 foot giants. without those giants, they would not be # 1
china is lucky to have 1.3 billion people to look for giants.......plus they have the government breeding program encouraging tall basketball players to marry tall women players such as what happened with Yao ming's parents who were instructed to marry each other because they are both tall resulting in Yao the giant.

Yeah. I agree. JUst naturalize couple of seven footers. Your team is all set and will dominate Asia right away.

jiefangjun
05-31-2007, 12:26 AM
Seo will not play for NT this year.
He is not in 23 roster.(cuz he had had relation with head coach.)

And..!!
Seo ride at back of Yao in 2002 Asian game?
When do you mean???
I've seen that game so many times but I can't know when do you mean.
(and one moment that i think similar situation is, when Seo lost his balance and trumbled over Yao, referee called Seo's foul.)

easy man. It was a fair officiating game comparing to some FIFA 2002 WC quarter final games.

pachador
05-31-2007, 12:40 AM
well,

i dont like to naturalize players. maybe 1 but thats it.

as for your country, is it true that southern chinese are shorter on average than northern chinese generally speaking? I also read that the reason northern chinese are taller is because they have wheat diet while southern chinese have rice diet . is true?
was there a lot of racial intermixing in northern china in old times between the chinese, russians, mongols, and arabs? i feel this racial intermixing also helped make northern chinese taller?? or no?
anyway, i must say that chinese future as basketball power is great because you have many people. what can i say. other asian countries like my mother country, the philippines, we can only try our best .

Yeah. I agree. JUst naturalize couple of seven footers. Your team is all set and will dominate Asia right away.

pachador
05-31-2007, 12:44 AM
ok now its clear. i did noticed like the saudia arabian players are very skinny. ok thanks !

no pachador in the arab countries iran has the tallest and srongest bodies , even thought i have to admit they have no talents but they do well(5th every asian championship) cuz they are very tall.......than come the bodies of lebanese,jordanians and syrians almost all equal in height but u might find more tall people in syria and jordan cuz they have a much larger population which is why lebanon naturalized vogel(210) 7 years ago...they have alot of good guards and they found their missing peice in vogel.....the weakest bodies probably in the world are the gulf region like KSA,UAE and qatar....thats y their level is low in basketball all these countries are short and thin bodies...in qatar,s case u cannot judge cuz their whole team is made of african imports they didnt even have a team 5 years ago before they started getting imports ....and ya bball is ofcourse more popular than soccer ....we r ranked 24th in the world in bball whereas we,re like 105 in soccer maybe :p even though this year we qualified to the last round of the olympics qualifier in soccer which is a few weeks away and i hope we can make history and qualify to the olympics even though this may be nearly impossible and our ranking will definitely improve this year simply by getting to the 2nd round which we have accomplished last week . Hopefully we can get the strong lebanese players in germany to join the NT and become better in the near future than we,ll have smthng to be proud of besides basketball........

jiefangjun
05-31-2007, 12:49 AM
S.Korea S.Korea Nice, young team. I guess their youth are getting better so the future looks bright for S. Korea. If Bang can keep healthy, and benchwarmer Kim can learn how to cool down and take his anger out on the court more, I see two good scorers for Asia. Their problem is also like Lebanon; when they're lossing they lose focus easily. They also need to learn to shoot when open, how many times we see these guys free inside the arc and just wait to pass...grrrrr

Korea is the only team in Asia that had a record of beating a full-strengthed Chinese team in the past 10 or maybe 20 years. they brought in 3-point shooting, ball movement and mental toughness at clutch time. what seperated them from the best of Asia is DEFENSE. As to this new Korea team, shooting is not at the same page as before. ball movement is still good. mental toughness is questionable. Defense is improving by inserting Ha in the middle.

jiefangjun
05-31-2007, 01:04 AM
well,

i dont like to naturalize players. maybe 1 but thats it.

as for your country, is it true that southern chinese are shorter on average than northern chinese generally speaking? I also read that the reason northern chinese are taller is because they have wheat diet while southern chinese have rice diet . is true?
was there a lot of racial intermixing in northern china in old times between the chinese, russians, mongols, and arabs? i feel this racial intermixing also helped make northern chinese taller?? or no?
anyway, i must say that chinese future as basketball power is great because you have many people. what can i say. other asian countries like my mother country, the philippines, we can only try our best .

I think nutrition plays a bigger role. Today's chinese young southern city males stand taller than chinese young northern city males of 50 years ago. But yeah, generally speaking, northern people had a bigger body frame. On the other hand, southern people got better explosiveness and quickness. That's why our badmiton stars and track stars are mostly from southern provinces.

By the way, both Yao Ming and Yi Jianlian come from southern part of china.

pachador
05-31-2007, 01:27 AM
ohhhhh, im very surprised. I always thought Yi and Yao were from northern china. ok thanks

I think nutrition plays a bigger role. Today's chinese young southern city males stand taller than chinese young northern city males of 50 years ago. But yeah, generally speaking, northern people had a bigger body frame. On the other hand, southern people got better explosiveness and quickness. That's why our badmiton stars and track stars are mostly from southern provinces.

By the way, both Yao Ming and Yi Jianlian come from southern part of china.

CHINA TEAM
05-31-2007, 01:54 AM
so what :p can China do it to to my parents homeland-USA???
Smart A$$ - hahhahaah :p
Enough,here is the thread about Asian basketball。if you want to talk USA,Please to Americas (Non-US) part。
I guess you can’t do it on us,so you have to say USA。No metter USA whether your homeland~:p In fact how many teams can beat USA of the would?

onono1
05-31-2007, 05:31 AM

I agree but not fully, hehehehe, twin towers of 7 footers would not be dominating if they dont have the skills and strength you need in basketball. Cite the example of my philippines, where we have a couple of 7 ft tall giants. EJ FEIHL 7-0 and RAUL DILLO 7-2, but they dont have the necessary skills and strength & quickness to instill fear and respect to our opponents.

Phantim3dx
05-31-2007, 06:45 AM

this is like old news of ACCUSATI0NS...can we mvoe on with osmething mroe constructive, instead of playing the lets point the finger game. and no i dont personally believe yao was created out of some form to make him tall as hell in the pure form that he and others may have a chance of going in the NBA in terms of probability...
thats like me saying Oh my relatives are of filipino descent, they msut only be good in being lazy and drinking and gambling" its worthless accusations

pachador
05-31-2007, 06:57 AM
believe what you like to believe. would i believe you or a news story that is backed by facts? where are your facts? or is it just your beliefs? did you read the time magazine news story already? or you prefer to believe in your beliefs? why dont you show a news story that will contradict the time magazine news story i posted? or is it only your beliefs we will have to rely on? ha? you can even post propaganda news story if you want .its a free country with free expression right?
what i posted is not destructive nor constructive but rather informative.

this is like old news of ACCUSATI0NS...can we mvoe on with osmething mroe constructive, instead of playing the lets point the finger game. and no i dont personally believe yao was created out of some form to make him tall as hell in the pure form that he and others may have a chance of going in the NBA in terms of probability...
thats like me saying Oh my relatives are of filipino descent, they msut only be good in being lazy and drinking and gambling" its worthless accusations

karim
05-31-2007, 09:49 AM
in 2005 i saw that wen korea and japan were losing to china by 14 at the beginning of the game , they give up and lose the game by 45pts whereas lebanon started their 2 games against china losing by 14 and the whole game the difference was going between 6 and 16 until they lose by this margin so i think lebanon is mentally tough whereas south korea and japan are mentally weak and tend to give up.......wen lebanon was beating japan by 14 at halftime they were able to push the difference to 28 by the end of the 3rd qtr , i dont really no y this happens......

Phantim3dx
05-31-2007, 10:10 AM
karim i guess i can where you are coming from. i know when china nt plays western nations with a lot of jazz and flash, i.e. USA, they kind of jsut automatically give up. it's like they are wooeeeddd too much to play them on the court or something

CHINA TEAM
06-01-2007, 12:56 AM

Evident,You forget how much people in India。As you say this,india should be a another powerful team of Asia???Funny! theory of population is foolishest viewpoin to interpretation the basket。No,all sports!Of course~except jealousy。HAHAHA

pachador
06-01-2007, 03:49 AM
India can be a powerful basketball power because they have big population like china and tall people but it is not because:

1.) they do not have a strong government program like in china to train athletes specially basketball players from a young age

2.) basketball is not popular in india. it is field hockey that indians like.

Evident,You forget how much people in India。As you say this,india should be a another powerful team of Asia???Funny! theory of population is foolishest viewpoin to interpretation the basket。No,all sports!Of course~except jealousy。HAHAHA

princejunar
06-02-2007, 12:40 AM
India can be a powerful basketball power because they have big population like china and tall people but it is not because:

1.) they do not have a strong government program like in china to train athletes specially basketball players from a young age

i agree. basketball in India is not popular. they don't have a program about basketball. the people there much choose to play or prefer to play cricket than basketball.:D

Cool Cat
06-02-2007, 05:30 AM
Kelly Williams (196-F, college: Oakland) got the go-signal from mother club Sta. Lucia to play for the National team, but only after the Realtors have completed their participation in the on-going Fiesta Cup.

Sta. Lucia team manager Buddy Encarnado last night told scribes at the Ynares Center here that the team was willing to let go of Williams, subject to the condition set by the PBA board.

“I told the (PBA and Samahang Basketbol Pilipinas) that it is an honor and a privilege for us to have Kelly join the national team,” Encarnado said. “The PBA told us that they will not touch him as long as we still have games to play (in the Fiesta Cup).”

Williams was named as an additional member of the RP Five along with another Filipino-American, Gabe Norwood, by coach Chot Reyes on Thursday during a meeting with SBP bosses and PBA commissioner Noli Eala.

He was initially named to the RP pool two years ago and played for the Nationals in the Jones Cup in Taipei. Norwood is in the process of putting his citizenship papers in order.

lifted from Inquirer
http://www.asia-basket.com/PHI/PHI.asp

Cool Cat
06-02-2007, 05:32 AM
Goodbye, Qatar. Hello, Belgrade and Taiwan.

The San Miguel-Pilipinas team, fresh from its conquest of the Southeast Asian Basketball Association Men's Championship in Ratchaburi, Thailand, is leaving for a tough European camp in Belgrade two weeks from now and the William Jones Cup in Chinese-Taipei in early July.

A planned trip to Qatar after the Belgrade jaunt was scrapped during a management committee meeting Thursday at the EDSA Shangri-la Plaza, but a proposed four-team Manila Invitational which would include China got the green light.

The Belgrade camp is set June 12-20, while the Jones Cup, taking the place of the Qatar Invitational (June 22-28), is on July 2-10.

China has confirmed participation to the Manila Invitational, scheduled after the Jones Cup, and announced it will be sending the national squad that will see action in the FIBA-Asia Men's Championship, the pre-Olympic qualifying tournament set July 28-August 5 in Tokushima, Japan.

In the meeting, which lasted more than three hours, were PBA chairman Ricky Vargas, Commissioner Noli Eala, Vice Chairman Tony Chua, SMC-RP team manager Robert Non, national coach Chot Reyes, PBA national team project director Rickie Santos and fellow PBA officials Perry Martinez, Willie Marcial, Jimmy Sunglao and Rico Meneses.

"We had a very good discussion," said Eala. "Principally, we asked Coach Chot to assess the team and to more or less present to the committee his plans for the next two months."

Reyes, said Eala, was able to "defend his position" on the Belgrade trip well, a journey that would be two-fold: competition against tough European opponents and a strength and conditioning session, both areas of concern the management wished to address.

Gabe Norwood (196-G/F-85), the 6-6 point guard from George Mason University, and Sta. Lucia Realty's Kelly Williams are likely to join the Belgrade voyage, subject to separate requirements.

Norwood, who also plays the No. 2 and No. 3 spots, will have to secure the necessary travel documents, including a Philippine passport, while Williams needs to get the approval of Realtors management ahead of the trip.

Rico Villanueva, traded by Red Bull to San Miguel Beer for Romel Adducul, will be staying behind, and so with Tony de la Cruz of Alaska, should Williams get the go signal.

De la Cruz sprained his right ankle during the FIBA-Asia Champions Cup in Tehran and needs to give the injury more time to heal. He could find himself joining the Nationals to Belgrade and Taiwan, however, if Williams fails to make it.

Willie Miller, Alaska's ace playmaker, won't be joining the RP team either since his ball club remains in bitter contention for an outright semifinal berth in the PBA Fiesta Conference.

Eala made it clear those dropped from the team are not necessarily out of the squad going to Tokushima.

"It will all depend on the performance of Norwood and Williams in Belgrade," he said.

As for the composition of the coaching staff, Reyes emphasized in the meeting that former national coaches Jong Uichico and Tim Cone, as well as Coca-Cola mentor Binky Favis, remain "an integral" part of the team.

All three will be in Tokushima, while one of them will join the Jones Cup squad.

In the Manila Invitational, Lebanon and Iran have expressed interest in coming over although organizers prefer that at least Syria, which was also invited, would confirm its participation.

"The committee expressed continued confidence and full support for the RP teame," said Eala. "There's lot of work to be done but we're very optimistic that we'll be ready for battle come Japan. At least we know that we have equipped this team as much as we can."

lifted from pba.com.ph

kukoc7
06-02-2007, 06:28 AM
You just can't help but be amazed at how the Filipinos love their NT, and basketball in general. No matter the thread topic, they manage to turn it into a discussion about what's going on with their NT. :)

spreekanick
06-02-2007, 08:39 AM
You just can't help but be amazed at how the Filipinos love their NT, and basketball in general. No matter the thread topic, they manage to turn it into a discussion about what's going on with their NT. :)

yeah that's right..all topic in asia are concentrated on the Philippine NT.. :) thats how Filipinos love the game of basketball.

rocks_24
06-02-2007, 08:45 AM

tnx....THAT'S WHO WE ARE....

Butata
06-02-2007, 11:33 AM
i agree. basketball in India is not popular. they don't have a program about basketball. the people there much choose to play or prefer to play cricket than basketball.:D
I strongly believe India is the "sleeping giant" of Asian basketball. If only the sports authorities realize their potential in basketball, and appoint a foreign coach willing to recruit from the grassroots, then it'll only be a matter of time.

But sadly, that is not the case and in fact, their top player S. Robinson, who's a pretty good and athletic 6'8" forward, got so disgusted w/ the lack of support of his federation that he opted to turn to modelling instead of pursuing his basketball career. :(

el presidente
06-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Got an idea... let's naturalize this guy! And Sam Ekwe too!:D

karim
06-02-2007, 03:07 PM
guys the draw was done prematurely...2day at 5PM since all the teams are known and there is no time later...............

Group A : Lebanon,Jordan,India,Indonesia
Group B : Japan,Qatar,Syria,Philippines
Group C : China,Taiwan,Kazakhaztan,Hong Kong
Group D : South Korea,Iran,KSA,UAE

Group B is pretty tough....................

daniab
06-02-2007, 03:11 PM
guys the draw was done prematurely...2day at 5PM since all the teams are known and there is no time later...............

Oh really karim where did u get it ?? :D

Anyway Lebanon is placed in a easy group :D

karim
06-02-2007, 03:17 PM
the irani site .....ya man lebanon will qualify easily along with jordan....

ctongco
06-02-2007, 03:20 PM

Is this official?

karim
06-02-2007, 03:25 PM
dunno i just read it.....

viperbravo
06-02-2007, 03:52 PM

GEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Tough bracket ha...JAPAN, QATAR, SYRIA!.....:D

CHINA TEAM
06-02-2007, 03:57 PM

OMG,3 chinese teams have to fights each other:o

kukoc7
06-02-2007, 04:54 PM
yeah that's right..all topic in asia are concentrated on the Philippine NT.. :) thats how Filipinos love the game of basketball.

tnx....THAT'S WHO WE ARE....

Actually, not ALL topics in Asia are concentrated on the Philippines. You guys just ambush most threads and turn it into discussions about your proposed rosters changes, strategy changes, etc.

Yes, it speaks a lot about who you guys are. It's gets annoying and pathetic sometimes. People might think that Filipinos can't understand the concept od thread topics or maybe it's because they just don't know how to place things in their proper places.

There's a thread about the Philippines NT that was specifically put up so that there won't be any hijacking of other threds, yet it doesn't end.

:confused:

pachador
06-02-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm not familiar with the qualifying... you mean the top 2 winners from each group plays in the quarterfinals??

the irani site .....ya man lebanon will qualify easily along with jordan....

khatib
06-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Karim that's a nice prank you pulled :D

karim
06-02-2007, 05:44 PM
no man not a prank , but the author is not a reliable source ....his name is aidani smthng from Iran...........

weward
06-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Philippine national team will bring the best resources on July to be in the olympics..
i mean..best coaching staff,players,and even water boys..hahahaha
but all of these are subject for approval due to management concerns...huhuhu

watiwawa
06-02-2007, 05:50 PM

it's not true......

In fact, Lee will be with Dato Yeoh on June 6 in Tokushima for the FIBA-Asia draw to determine the groupings of the 16 countries entered in the Olympic ...

i search at google.. but the link is not functioning... try to search and if it's true....

fiba.com or fibaasia.net will pose first before anyone else.....

it's clearly JUNE 6...

peace dude...

sinobball
06-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Drawing selection meeting of the Asian championship is scheduled June 6th at THE GRANDPALACE Tokushima.
16 countries are going to divide into 4 each groups of 4 teams. :)
Link to your source (whatever language) please, karim?

kukoc7
06-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Why is it that most Filipino forumers rank their NT among the top 4 yet their own coaches/insiders rank their team as 8 or 9??? :D

Burndvinyard
06-04-2007, 03:29 AM
Why is it that most Filipino forumers rank their NT among the top 4 yet their own coaches/insiders rank their team as 8 or 9??? :D

it's just like selecting the hottest 12 seats in the current Senate elections. With their best bet on the top 5 spots...;)

viperbravo
06-04-2007, 03:30 AM

Eight countries to send Asian Men's Championship NTs to 2007 Jones Cup
by Chris Wang - Jun 2, 2007

Including host Taiwan, eight countries will send their national teams that will participate in the upcoming Asian Men's Championship to the 2007 William Jones Cup International Tournament, Chinese Taipei Basketball Association (CTBA) said.

South Korea, Qatar, Philippines, Jordan, Lebanon, Iran, Kazakhstan, and Taiwan will place their full national team in the annual tournament, which will be played from July 2 - 10 in Sinjhuang Stadium, Taipei County, (Capacity 7,000), for the final preparation of the Asian Men's Championship, which will take place in Tokushima, Japan from July 28 - August 5.

Japan will send its World University Games men's NT to Taiwan. The Athelete in Action (AIA) team from the U.S. will be coming back to defend its title, CTBA said.

CTBA said it has learned that Philippines NT will be one of the strongest ever as the Philippines did not participate in the previous Asian Championship and Asian Games in Qatar because of domestic dispute. Hundreds of thousands of overseas Filipino workers who currently work in Taiwan will be happy to see their beloved national team to return to Taiwan.

weward
06-04-2007, 04:46 AM
what if pilipino basketball players are taller than what they are now?
i mean if they are 3-4 inches taller than their height now...
i mean if asi taulava is 6-9 then waht if he is 7-0....
if alapag is 5-9,what if he is 6-0...
,willie miller,helterbrad,ritualo,caguioa are 6-0,what if they are 6-3..
danny S is 6-7,what if he is 6-9/6-10...
enrico V,kelly williams,gabe norwood are 6-5,what if they are 6-8..
menk is 6-6,what if he is 6-9..
reavis,thoss are 6-8 what if they are 6-11

what if pilipinos are not that small...
they will surely be very competitive and be a threat..

China,RP,SoKor,Qatar...

Servinio
06-04-2007, 07:09 AM

NOW IF they can only convince all of 7'3" of WWE Superstar The Great Khali to switch sports from professional wrestling to basketball! :D

jawo
06-04-2007, 09:18 AM

No offense Karim but you being a good follower of basketball should know what is real and not real in the circulation of news especially in major Asian basketball tourney like the FIBA-Asia. It has been a constant responsible practice of FIBA that before the staging of an event should commence, team representatives from different countries are being invited to personally witness the drawing of groupings for fairness and reliability which are part of the code of ethics of FIBA being a global organizational body for world basketball. I know the host country are getting a better deal in the drawings but the rest of the participants are just treated equal even though for balance and excitement objectives, powerhouse teams are purposely grouped seperately.

The FIBA-Asia draw of groupings will commence on June 6 with our new SBP Executive Director Pato Gregorio as our personal representative.

Sakamoto
06-04-2007, 09:42 AM
No sir..... philippines beat kazakhstan during the 2005 FIBA champions cup in manila, that is our last win against them, because they beat us twice in the 2006 jones cup and once in the last FIBA champions cup in Iran........ hope we get our revenge against them in the coming FIBA qualifying championship in tokushima Japan this july
The Kazahkstan team that we beat in the 2005 Champions cup held in manila was not their true national team. While on the other hand, the team that we sent in the 2006 Jones Cup was not our true National team and sadly, we were beaten by the true National team of Kazahkstan. Base on the records, the last time the true NT of RP beat a true NT team of Kazahkstan was in the 1998 Asiad in Bangkok twice, in the elimination and in the battle for bronze while the last time the true NT of Kazakhstan beat a true NT of RP was in the 2002 Asiad in Busan S.Korea.

ival23
06-04-2007, 03:33 PM
YEAH~!this is better about chen.

VhIaul1s5qI

The NO5 member is he~!Wow.... the song in the video remind me of the movie of jet li in once upon a time in china........ chen is not that impressive..... he moves like a mongoloid:D :D :D :D ..... jayjay heltebrand will break his ankle with his killer cross over moves:) :) :) :) :)

Phantim3dx
06-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Wow.... the song in the video remind me of the movie of jet li in once upon a time in china........ chen is not that impressive..... he moves like a mongoloid:D :D :D :D ..... jayjay heltebrand will break his ankle with his killer cross over moves:) :) :) :) :)

so wait, let me ask you this..are you smoking weed or shabu shabu?
one thing I must admit about the new members to this thread specifically coming from the Phils, my ancestral roots, is that they don't know the meaning of being humble...don't be an e-thug and just start saying pointless things because you are protected behind your pc in your end.

Sure Helterbrand is a good player, hell I even have a jersey of his, but let's be honest here, he went to a school here in the US to play ball KSU was it (correct me if I'm wrong)...now compare this to chen jianghua who has been complimented by Coach K of wanting to signt he kid to Duke. I don't recall Helterbrand ever being invited to play int he world vs usa basketball summit nor the abcd reebok camps unlike Chen who has accomplished those things.

I wouldn't even say Helterbrand has more veteran experience than Chen; sure Helterbrand maybe older, but for what Chen has accomplished at his age, he has sufficed and/or surpassed the level of Helterbrand. I can't see JJ H. ever going to the NBA but I do see some hope for Chen.

kukoc7
06-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Eight countries to send Asian Men's Championship NTs to 2007 Jones Cup
by Chris Wang - Jun 2, 2007

Including host Taiwan, eight countries will send their national teams that will participate in the upcoming Asian Men's Championship to the 2007 William Jones Cup International Tournament, Chinese Taipei Basketball Association (CTBA) said.

South Korea, Qatar, Philippines, Jordan, Lebanon, Iran, Kazakhstan, and Taiwan will place their full national team in the annual tournament, which will be played from July 2 - 10 in Sinjhuang Stadium, Taipei County, (Capacity 7,000), for the final preparation of the Asian Men's Championship, which will take place in Tokushima, Japan from July 28 - August 5.

Japan will send its World University Games men's NT to Taiwan. The Athelete in Action (AIA) team from the U.S. will be coming back to defend its title, CTBA said.

CTBA said it has learned that Philippines NT will be one of the strongest ever as the Philippines did not participate in the previous Asian Championship and Asian Games in Qatar because of domestic dispute. Hundreds of thousands of overseas Filipino workers who currently work in Taiwan will be happy to see their beloved national team to return to Taiwan.

I think the article's saying that this is one of the strongest NT from the Philippines, not the strongest NT in Asia.

jramoyo
06-04-2007, 10:34 PM
yeah... and there are about 7 other teams who are as strong or even stronger than the RP team...

damn! all these irritating bragging about the RP Team suddenly made me a critic :D

igorotski
06-05-2007, 04:18 AM
Wow.... the song in the video remind me of the movie of jet li in once upon a time in china........ chen is not that impressive..... he moves like a mongoloid:D :D :D :D ..... jayjay heltebrand will break his ankle with his killer cross over moves:) :) :) :) :)

i dont think we have the right to judge Chen right now cus we havent seen him playing with any of our players. if we flips put a video here and our player was insulted and judged right away how wud u feel?

let's not give a terrible cockiness image to ppol from other countries. let's be humble, will we?

let's jus support but never say something something negative to players we dont fully know.

jrb0yd
06-05-2007, 04:29 AM
Champions are silent--- they know how strong they are and dont have to shout out and bragg what they can do.
Losers are noisy--- they keep bragging and worry too much of proving themselves.

i like your signature man... very true... i hope others will also see it that way...

vladski
06-05-2007, 04:34 AM
NEWLY-APPOINTED Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas Executive Director Patrick Gregorio leaves for Tokushima, Japan today to attend the drawing of lots of the FIBA-Asia Men's Championship slated July 28 to Aug. 5.

The SMC-Team Pilipinas has qualified to the said event which is the qualifying tournament for the Beijing Olympics after winning the Southeast Asian Basketball Association (SEABA) title last week in Ratchaburi, Thailand.

The all-PBA team completed a four-game sweep of the tournament, but are expected to face stiff competition against the best Asian teams like China, Korea, Iran, Lebanon, Qatar and host Japan in the Japan joust.

The top 16 teams in Asia will be grouped in to four, with the top two teams per group advancing to the crossover quarterfinal round.

Only the champion team will earn an Olympic slot.

Assuming that China will win the tournament, the second place team will play in the Olympics as China has already qualified being the host country.

After a six-day rest, the nationals resumed practice yesterday at the Moro Lorenzo Gym in Ateneo.

After their stint in Thailand, the RP Team will compete in Belgrade as well as in the Jones Cup in Taiwan before going to Tokushima.

They PBA-backed team finished fourth in the tough FIBA-Asia Club Championship Tehran, Iran last month.

The last time the country played in the Olympics was during the Munich Games in 1972.

Projectspeed
06-05-2007, 05:35 AM

pathetic and fake draw:D

Japan, as the host, won't let their team to be bracketed in a very strong bracket like as stated above (along with Qatar, Syria, and Philippines):D

if I'm not mistaken, the host nation is given the privilege of choosing which bracket they wanted to be in:D and they will not choose bracket B for sure:D add that June 6 is the stated draw date:D

karim
06-05-2007, 10:13 AM
ya i no group B is tough........btw does any1 no wat time the games will be at ? in japanese time

ival23
06-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Well, Japeth Aguilar is pure Filipino too. He's the son of former Ginebra cager Peter Aguilar.

I feel so old... I still remember watching Peter Aguilar getting drafted by Anejo and playing out his rookie year way back in '88-- the time before there was an internet and dinosaurs roamed the Earth.I thought you only know and watch sea otters? better stick to the sea otters basketball is not for you:D :D :D

vladski
06-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Chinese Taipei Basketball Association (CTBA) announced on Tuesday a 21-man roster of the 2007 Taiwan NT for the upcoming Asian Championship for Men and the William Jones Cup tournament.

The roster is expected to be trimmed down to 15-man prior to the Jones Cup tournament and 12 before the Asian Championship in Tokushima, Japan. The Asian Chamionship will be the first time Taiwan NT is led by a foreign coach since 2000.

Five new players made their national team debut: TB point guard Hsu Hao-cheng, Yulon forward Lu Cheng-ju, Dacin forward Chen Tse-wei, Azio F/C Chien Jia-hong and Dacin forward Lin Yi-huei.

The status for two injured players -- Ho Sho-jen and Chen Chih-chun -- were still uncertain.

Yulon placed six players in the NT. TB and Dacin folllowed with four respectively while Videoland had three players on the roster. BOT had two and ETSN and Azio each had one.

Chung, who led Korea to the 1997 Asian Championship title and a 1998 World Championship berth, also coached a Taiwan Junior NT that included top players like Tsun Wen-din, Tien Lei, Lin Chih-jay, Wu Dai-hao and Ho Sho-jen to a third-place finish in the 2000 Asian Junior Championship.

Chung also briefly coached Dacin Tigers in the final season of the defunct CBA(Chinese Basketball Alliance) in 1998-99 and finished with a 8-14 record. Later he went back to Korea and coached the University of Korea.

2007 Taiwan NT preliminary roster:

PG: Lee Hsueh-lin (Yulon), Chen Chih-chun (Yulon), Hsu Hao-cheng (TB), Chen Shih-nian (TB), Wu Yong-jen (VL)
SG: Lin Chih-jay (TB), Chang Chi-feng (Dacin), Chou Shih-yuan (Yulon)
SF: Chen Hsin-an (Yulon), Lu Cheng-ju (Yulon), Yang Che-yi (VL), Yang Chin-min (BOT), Lin Yi-huei (Dacin)
PF: Ho Sho-jen (TB), Chen Tse-wei (Dacin), Lee Chi-yi (VL), Yua Ying-li (BOT)
C: Tsun Wen-din (Yulon), Tien Lei (Dacin), Wu Dai-hao (ETSN), Chien Jia-hong (Azio)

Head coach: Chung Kwang-Suk
Assistant: Liu Jia-fa
Manager: Cheng Chih-lung
Translator: Wang Bing-shen

vladski
06-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Wesam Sous (181-G-83) of Al Riyadi/Aramex Amman
Fadel Najjar (194-G-85) of Orthodox
Rasheim Wright (193-G-81) of Al Moutahed Tripoli (LEB)
Enver Soobzokov (193-G/F-78) of Fastlink
Eyad Abdeen (202-F/C-79) of Orthodox
Moussa Al Awadi (190-G/F-85) of Fastlink
Issa Kamel (192-F-83) of Al Riyadi/Aramex Amman
Moussa Basheer (208-C-78) of Fastlink
Dshamal Maitah (213-C-81) of Erdgas Ehingen/Urspringschule (GER)
Ayman Dies (205-C-78) of Orthodox
Zaid Al Khas (205-C-76) of Fastlink

vladski
06-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Qatar's basketball federation announced on wednesday the initial roster of the Qatari National Team which will prepare for the upcoming tournaments under the coaching of Ed Andrist and his new staff.

- The roster is:
Saad Abdulrahman Ali (194-F-85) of As Sadd
Khalid Suliman Abdi (198-F/G-87) of As Sadd
Yaseen Ismail (204-F-80) of Al Rayyan
Saleem Abdullah Malek (195-F-85) of Al Rayyan
Saleem Abdullah Mohammed (202-C-82) of Al Rayyan
Erfan Ali Saeed (200-F-83) of Al Rayyan
Omer Abdgader Salem (205-C-83) of Al Rayyan
Hashem Zaidan (211-C-80) of Al Ahli
Mohammed Ahmed (205-C-83) of Al Arabi
Khalid Masoud Al Nasr (175-G-80) of Al Arabi
Moutalga Osama Adel (186-G-85) of Al Arabi
Daoud Musa (193-G-82) of Qatar SC
Mohammed Yousef (-C-204) of Qatar SC
Ali Turki (200-F-82) of Al Jaysh
Baker Ahmad Mohammed (198-F-86) of Al Jaysh
Hammam Ismail (200-C/F-83) of Al Wakrah

vladski
06-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Hamed Afagh (189-F-83) of Saba Battery
Karam Ahmadian (198-F-77) of Saba Battery
Amir Amini (197-G-84) of Paykan Tehran
Hamed Hadadi (218-C-85) of Paykan Tehran
Ali Reza Honardoust (200-C-82) of Petrochimi Imam Harbour
Mehdi Kamrani (182-G-82) of Paykan Tehran
Moosa Nabipoor (206-C-83) of Sanam Tehran
Aidin Nek Khah Bahrami (202-F-82) of Saba Battery
Mohammad NikKhah (199-F-83) of Petrochimi
Pooya Tadjik (202-F-80) of Paykan Tehran
Saman Veisi (192-G-78) of Paykan Tehran
Iman Zandi (186-G-81) of Sanam Tehran

lornblade
06-05-2007, 03:12 PM
ya i no group B is tough........btw does any1 no wat time the games will be at ? in japanese time

hi karim, thers no grouping yet as of this time :D theres no group B yet :D

karim
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
oh ok.....so wat times the draw 2morrow ? and wat time r the games gonna be ?

interxavierxxx
06-05-2007, 09:38 PM
besides, UAE is didn't even qualify for the FIBA Asia Championships :D

karim
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
hey , again i just read it on an irani site,nway its kind if realistic.u no they group the teams according to fiba rankings and philippines is somewhere in the 60s i think so chances r they will be grouped with 2 good teams and a normal team.........

Dinamita
06-06-2007, 02:35 AM
The top four finishers in the last FIBA-Asia Championships are seeded to head each of the four brackets, meaning No. 1 China, No. 2 Lebanon, No. 3 Qatar and No. 4 South Korea.

The draw will begin by picking three teams, except Japan, for three brackets. Japan, as the host country, will be given the privilege of choosing which bracket to join. After the first eight teams are settled in their brackets, the draw will continue to place the remaining eight entries.

“To avoid China until the finals, assuming they top the first bracket, we should finish No. 1 in the second or fourth bracket or place No. 2 in the third bracket,” explained Gregorio. “Then we should top the quarterfinals so that we face the second placer in the crossover semis before moving into the finals against China.”

Looks like JAPAN has the advantage here... They have the right to choose who they want to battle first... And looks like they will go to the weakest bracket to avoid early elimination.... And for me this is the toughest Olympic qualifier as far as ASIA's concern... Almost all team are very tough and unpredictable... This will be a great tournament...

Dinamita
06-06-2007, 02:38 AM
The top four finishers in the last FIBA-Asia Championships are seeded to head each of the four brackets, meaning No. 1 China, No. 2 Lebanon, No. 3 Qatar and No. 4 South Korea.

The draw will begin by picking three teams, except Japan, for three brackets. Japan, as the host country, will be given the privilege of choosing which bracket to join. After the first eight teams are settled in their brackets, the draw will continue to place the remaining eight entries.

“To avoid China until the finals, assuming they top the first bracket, we should finish No. 1 in the second or fourth bracket or place No. 2 in the third bracket,” explained Gregorio. “Then we should top the quarterfinals so that we face the second placer in the crossover semis before moving into the finals against China.”

Looks like JAPAN has the advantage here... They have the right to choose who they want to battle first... And looks like they will go to the weakest bracket to avoid early elimination....

vladski
06-06-2007, 05:08 AM
Hey guys, any result of the lottery held yesterday???

I can't wait more to see which teams are bracketed with Rp NT...

This will the true acid test for RP Team after the long 2 years of absence from international tournament such as this one...

watiwawa
06-06-2007, 07:51 AM
guys any update.......

today is JUNE 6...

please post the results of the draw...

i think it's not yet done at this time(3:50pm rp tym)

i thought it will be evening when the draw happens/...

Dinamita
06-06-2007, 08:02 AM
THE SAN Miguel-RP squad will face a tough challenge in their quest to earn a slot to the 2008 Beijing Olympics as the team got drawn in the tough Group B in the 24th Fiba Asia Men’s Championship in Tokushima, Japan from July 28 to August 5.

The Philippine squad is grouped with host Japan, Qatar and Syria following the draw of lots held in Tokushima Wednesday morning.

The Southeast Asia top qualifier was represented by the newly-appointed SBP-BAP executive director Patrick Gregorio.

Last May, the National squad suffered tough beatings from Syrian representatives in the 17th Fiba Asia Champions Cup in Iran.

During the elimination round, the import-laden Al Jalaa Aleppo of Syria handed SMC-RP an 80-114 beating, which was duplicated by a 77-109 drubbing during the semifinal round.

Qatar also did their share of whipping the Filipino warriors as its Al Rayaan ball club scored a 75-95 victory in their game for third place.

But without any import, the Philippines is looking forward to a very competitive game against any of their tormentors.

Host China has a huge edge to advance to the quarterfinal round after they were bracketed in Group C together with Taiwan, Kazakhstan and Hong Kong.

Lebanon, Jordan, India and another Southeast Asian team Indonesia is in Group A. Group D teams include South Korea, Iran, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.

Two teams in each bracket will advance to the crossover quarterfinal round. The teams will play knockout games from the quarterfinals onwards. (RCM)

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2007/06/06/sports/rp.team.gets.tough.draw.in.fiba.asia.html

VERY TOUGH GROUP FOR PHILIPPINES... LETS PRAY FOR OUR NT...

Im not sure if this is a reliable source... I dont think Japan will put themselves in this kind of situation... They dont have the balls to put their team in this group.. hehehehehe...

watiwawa
06-06-2007, 08:29 AM
THE SAN Miguel-RP squad will face a tough challenge in their quest to earn a slot to the 2008 Beijing Olympics as the team got drawn in the tough Group B in the 24th Fiba Asia Men’s Championship in Tokushima, Japan from July 28 to August 5.

The Philippine squad is grouped with host Japan, Qatar and Syria following the draw of lots held in Tokushima Wednesday morning.

The Southeast Asia top qualifier was represented by the newly-appointed SBP-BAP executive director Patrick Gregorio.

Last May, the National squad suffered tough beatings from Syrian representatives in the 17th Fiba Asia Champions Cup in Iran.

During the elimination round, the import-laden Al Jalaa Aleppo of Syria handed SMC-RP an 80-114 beating, which was duplicated by a 77-109 drubbing during the semifinal round.

Qatar also did their share of whipping the Filipino warriors as its Al Rayaan ball club scored a 75-95 victory in their game for third place.

But without any import, the Philippines is looking forward to a very competitive game against any of their tormentors.

Host China has a huge edge to advance to the quarterfinal round after they were bracketed in Group C together with Taiwan, Kazakhstan and Hong Kong.

Lebanon, Jordan, India and another Southeast Asian team Indonesia is in Group A. Group D teams include South Korea, Iran, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.

Two teams in each bracket will advance to the crossover quarterfinal round. The teams will play knockout games from the quarterfinals onwards. (RCM)

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2007/06/06/sports/rp.team.gets.tough.draw.in.fiba.asia.html

VERY TOUGH GROUP FOR PHILIPPINES... LETS PRAY FOR OUR NT...

Im not sure if this is a reliable source... I dont think Japan will put themselves in this kind of situation... They dont have the balls to put their team in this group.. hehehehehe...

hahaha... you gotta be kiddin me....

the quarterfinals will have not that format...

A1-B2-C1-D2 i think they will be in one group and then the one team standing will be going to the finals

A2-B1-C2-D1 the same

i hope that philippines group is not as tough lyk thAT

Dinamita
06-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Im just posting what ive read... and besides.. I clearly said that this is not a reliable source...:)

jason_28c
06-06-2007, 08:47 AM
what group will the Philippines be?

vladski
06-06-2007, 09:43 AM
A. China

B. Lebanon

C. Korea

D. Qatar

CHINA TEAM
06-06-2007, 09:45 AM
A. China

B. Lebanon

C. Korea

D. Qatar
What mean of this?:confused:

vladski
06-06-2007, 09:48 AM
What mean of this?:confused:

Those are the Main team groupings....

the following team can be distributed any where in the group A,B,C,D...

Iran

Syria

Jordan

Taiwan

vladski
06-06-2007, 09:49 AM
3rd sports are

Kazakhstan

India

Saudi

Philippines

Also will be number 3 anywhere in the groupings

vladski
06-06-2007, 09:50 AM
4th will be

Indonesia

Japan

Hongkong

????

VII
06-06-2007, 09:52 AM
hahaha... you gotta be kiddin me....

the quarterfinals will have not that format...

A1-B2-C1-D2 i think they will be in one group and then the one team standing will be going to the finals

A2-B1-C2-D1 the same

i hope that philippines group is not as tough lyk thAT

whoever is the writer in that sun.star is an idiot..
lazy bastard didnt bother doing some research...instead he look at some thread and thought maybe its the right info without reading the rest of the thread...

vladski
06-06-2007, 09:55 AM
it will look like...

A. China, Iran, Kazakhstan, Indonesia

B. Lebanon, Syria, India, Japan

C. Korea, Jordan, Hongkong, ???

D. Qatar, Taiwan, Philippines, ???

daniab
06-06-2007, 10:00 AM
it will look like...

C. Korea, Jordan, Hongkong, ???

D. Qatar, Taiwan, Philippines, ???

U forget UAE and KSA !!!

vladski
06-06-2007, 10:02 AM
U forget UAE and KSA !!!

Yeah I know...

Honestly I don't know where to group them...

they are better off as spectators...:D

daniab
06-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Yeah I know...

KSA and UAE are better off as spectators:confused: and Indonesia,india,hong kong are better than what ??:D

viperbravo
06-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Yeah I know...

HEHEHEHE :D

vladski
06-06-2007, 10:13 AM
KSA and UAE are better off as spectators:confused: and Indonesia,india,hong kong are better than what ??:D

Clowns... or may be mascots... for the FIBA Asia Championship Tournament...

joke.:D

viperbravo
06-06-2007, 10:14 AM

peace bro!!! :)

daniab
06-06-2007, 10:15 AM
peace bro!!! :)

what u mean in this words bro :confused:

vladski
06-06-2007, 10:15 AM
it will look like...

C. Korea, Jordan, Hongkong, UAE

D. Qatar, Taiwan, Philippines, Saudi

vladski
06-06-2007, 10:18 AM
what u mean in this words bro :confused:

the word "bro" is short for "brother". A term commonly use in our country to address a male person whether close friend or a stranger.

daniab
06-06-2007, 10:21 AM
3rd sports are

Kazakhstan

India

Saudi

Philippines

Also will be number 3 anywhere in the groupings

KSA is placed in 2nd spot
Syria in 3rd spot
Philippine in 4th spot.

First spot : Lebanon.China,Quatar,S.korea
Second Spot: Iran,KSA,Jordan,Chinese Taipei
Thrid spot:Kazakhstan,India,Indonesia,Hong kong
Fourth spot:Philippine,Syria,UAE.

Japan will choose their group.

daniab
06-06-2007, 10:24 AM
the word "bro" is short for "brother". A term commonly use in our country to address a male person whether close friend or a stranger.

I know man what " bro " mean !!

Viperbravo says " Peace bro ",what he mean in this sentence ???
Why he says that ??

vladski
06-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Please take note that i conducted the raffle or lottery draw for this groupings by myself...

I'm tired of waiting the FIBA result so I conducted my own draw.:D

ischmemia
06-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Is this true?

CHINA TEAM
06-06-2007, 10:39 AM
A ?where were you hear?:confused:

daniab
06-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Is this true?

Surely not ischmemia, bcz iran and jordan together in 2nd spot so they can't placed in one group with each other.

ischmemia
06-06-2007, 10:51 AM
It was shown in the television while i was watching PBA a few minutes ago :(

daniab
06-06-2007, 10:53 AM
It was shown in the television while i was watching PBA a few minutes ago :(

i don't know but if it's true philippine and Iran will say ByeBye to Olympics games :D

CHINA TEAM
06-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Oh~it's a real Group of death~
we 'll advance meet ?:confused:but i don't belive this is accurate...

vladski
06-06-2007, 10:55 AM
THE SAN Miguel-RP squad will face a tough challenge in their quest to earn a slot to the 2008 Beijing Olympics as the team got drawn in the tough Group B in the 24th Fiba Asia Men's Championship in Tokushima, Japan from July 28 to August 5.

The Philippines squad is grouped with host Japan, Qatar and Syria following the draw of lots held in Tokushima yesterday.

ischmemia
06-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Please confirm...

Philippines, China, Jordan, Iran :confused:

or

Philippines, Japan, Qatar Syria :confused:

vladski
06-06-2007, 11:07 AM
So The groupings are:

A. Lebanon, Jordan, India, Indonesia

B. Japan, Qatar, Syria, Philippines

C. China, Taiwan, Kazakhstan, Hongkkong

D. South KOrea, Iran, SAudi, UAE

Pirate
06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
What is your source?

igorotski
06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
i was watching pba earlier ... china,rp,jordan,iran is the real one

igorotski
06-06-2007, 11:13 AM
commentators even said that group B & c were the easiest ones

onono1
06-06-2007, 11:21 AM
i was watching pba earlier ... china,rp,jordan,iran is the real one

Holy cow of dung smelly goat..We are bracketed with China B? Then it would take enormous task for our Philippine national squad to overcome this very tough group A :eek: and miraculously survive to enter quarterfinals or semi-finals then the final game of FIBA Asia olypic qualifying tournament.

igorotski
06-06-2007, 11:33 AM
grp A
philippines
china
iran
jordan

grpB
lebanon
saudi
Uae
Japan

grpC
indonesia
india
kazakhstan
Qatar

grpD
south korea
chinese taipei
hong kong
syria

i cudnt memorize well what i saw on tv... not rly sure guys

WIZARD
06-06-2007, 11:39 AM
WTF???? is this real????????? i hope its a joke!!

daniab
06-06-2007, 11:40 AM
grp A
philippines
china
iran
jordan

grpB
lebanon
saudi
Uae
Japan

grpC
indonesia
india
kazakhstan
Qatar

grpD
south korea
chinese taipei
hong kong
syria

i cudnt memorize well what i saw on tv... not rly sure guys
Possible :)

daniab
06-06-2007, 11:41 AM
I think it's a joke bcz jordan and iran can't be in one group with each other.
Jordan : second spot and iran second spot so probably i think it's not true.

Projectspeed
06-06-2007, 11:48 AM
:D if this indeed our bracket, then so be it:D

since our goal is to get into the Olympics, it will just ok to face them this early on:D

Go Team Pilipinas:cool: Astig:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

RetiredJordanStopper
06-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Correct groupings flashed during the PBA game

Group A - China, Jordan, Iran, PILIPINAS

Group B - Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Japan (host)

Group C - Qatar, India, Kazakhstan, Indonesia

Group D - Korea, Hong Kong, Syria, Chinese Taipei

jrb0yd
06-06-2007, 11:54 AM
if this is true then i got to say our grouping is pretty tough... i prefer the group c than the group a... this is a very big challenge for the philippines... but i believe in our NT... wait till our team gets 100%... i believe in our team...

WIZARD
06-06-2007, 11:55 AM
I think it's a joke bcz jordan and iran can't be in one group with each other.
Jordan : second spot and iran second spot so probably i think it's not true.

what u mean 2nd spot daniab?? i didnt get that point any way howcome they already drew it palestine is playing..and they cant make anydraw til waba is done!! i know palestine is very weak but they cant make and draw yet

jrb0yd
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM

teams that will advance:
group b will be lebanon and japan
group c qatar and kazakhstan
group d korea and syria

group a is wide open... anything can happen but of course i believe in our team... i know there's a reason why we were bracketed in a very solid group... anyway just a comment to an earlier post here that because of this grouping phils together with iran should probably say byebye to the olympics...i don't think so... if im not mistaken you have only watch one game of rp and during that game i think our team won... but honestly, that wasn't even the whole strength of rp... right now we are just around 70% ready and there are still probably a player or 2 to be replaced in the lineup... im sure by next month we'll be 100% ready for the battle...

Project888
06-06-2007, 12:06 PM

the bastard in the inquirer newspaper i think who wrote the Group B philippines,japan, etc. thing maybe saw that info in a thread! lazy kid! Japan will be stupid if they joined that group b thing!

hey, don't blame me if that group a thing is wrong, NAKAQUOTE NGA EH! if that's true, our diifuclty is like john cena facing the great khali!
WHERE ARE THE MIRACLES IF U NEED ONE! I HOPE MIRACLES JOINS RP TEAM!

brownwarrior
06-06-2007, 12:07 PM

I thought UAE didn't qualify?:eek:

daniab
06-06-2007, 12:49 PM
what u mean 2nd spot daniab?? i didnt get that point any way howcome they already drew it palestine is playing..and they cant make anydraw til waba is done!! i know palestine is very weak but they cant make and draw yet

Fiba Rankings asia :

First spot : Lebanon,China,Quatar,S.korea
Second spot:Japan,Iran,Chinese taipei,KSA
Thrid spot:Syria,Kazakhstan,UAE...etc

And about Palestine,don't know what happen and which teams will participate @ waba champ !!

daniab
06-06-2007, 01:09 PM

group A is the death group!!

Official !!!

jawo
06-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Group A where the Philippines is and Group D are the tough groups to enter the quarterfinals of the FIBA-Asia.

But I hope our guys here understand that the reason why Group A is tough is not because of China's presence but because since it is only the Team B of China which I believe is "upset-prone", then it only increases the chances of not only the Philippines but also Iran and Jorda to make it in the qualifiyng round. It could have been better if this was China's Team A coz the Philippines would not have to worry of any upsets from these two teams on China. The scenario is that a balance field creates surprising upsets that makes the standing of teams very close from each other.

Iran and Jordan finished 3rd and 4th respectively in the 2006 Doha Asian games basketball competition which only proved their resurging respectability. The problem here is that the last time we played Jordan was in the 1991 ABC where we beat them handily and Iran was in the 1994 Asian games where our PBA stars won a close 89-86 victory. This means a lot of scouting should have to be done by Chot and his gang. Hopefully, the recent FIBA-Asia Champions Cup gave enough for Chot to know Iran.

SkyWalker
06-06-2007, 01:28 PM

i cant wait to see the pre-eliminary game between Jordan and Phils. hehe, now, we'll find out who's going to the quarterfinals.. hehe..:D :p

Projectspeed
06-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Group A where the Philippines is and Group D are the tough groups to enter the quarterfinals of the FIBA-Asia.

But I hope our guys here understand that the reason why Group A is tough is not because of China's presence but because since it is only the Team B of China which I believe is "upset-prone", then it only increases the chances of not only the Philippines but also Iran and Jorda to make it in the qualifiyng round. It could have been better if this was China's Team A coz the Philippines would not have to worry of any upsets from these two teams on China. The scenario is that a balance field creates surprising upsets that makes the standing of teams very close from each other.

Iran and Jordan finished 3rd and 4th respectively in the 2006 Doha Asian games basketball competition which only proved their resurging respectability. The problem here is that the last time we played Jordan was in the 1991 ABC where we beat them handily and Iran was in the 1994 Asian games where our PBA stars won a close 89-86 victory. This means a lot of scouting should have to be done by Chot and his gang. Hopefully, the recent FIBA-Asia Champions Cup gave enough for Chot to know Iran.

agree:D in that case, RP should make good of its quotient if ever there would be some tie breaks:D

RP will surely need a lot of luck and preparations to surpass the preliminaries alone:D

WIZARD
06-06-2007, 01:42 PM

jordan played PR in 2003 2 time we won and lost 1..in 2004 we played again in qatar and we won that was last time jordan-PR played

Projectspeed
06-06-2007, 01:47 PM
jordan played PR in 2003 2 time we won and lost 1..in 2004 we played again in qatar and we won that was last time jordan-PR played

I think bro Jawo is talking about the real Jordan National Team:D

daniab
06-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Team Pilipinas found itself in the toughest bracket of the coming FIBA Asia Championship in Tokushima, Japan after being bracketed in Group A or the so-called “Group of Death” with defending champion and Asian Games gold medalist China, Asian Games bronze medalist Iran and fast rising Asian basketball powerhouse and Asian Games semi-finalist Jordan.

Bracket B, C and D can be considered to be the easier bracket due to few Asian powerhouse that was included.

Bracket B consists of Lebanon, host Japan, Saudi Arabia and UAE. 2005 FIBA runner up Lebanon and Japan are expected to dominate this group.

Meanwhile, group C includes Asian Games silver medalist Qatar, India, Kazakhstan and Indonesia. Qatar and Kazakhstan are likely to be the team to beat in this bracket.

Group D on the other hand comprises of South Korea, Hong Kong, Syria and Chinese Taipei. S. Korea, Syria and Chinese Taipei will surely battling for their spot in the quarters.

Teams play each other once in the same bracket after which the top two in each bracket advance to the knockout crossover quarterfinals. The four survivors move on to the crossover semifinals then the top two square off for the title.

The tournament will serve as the Olympic qualifier for Asia. China, as host of next year's Beijing Olympics, is guaranteed a slot in the 12-team basketball competition. If China wins in Tokushima, the runner-up gains a ticket to Beijing as Asia's other representative. If China fails to win, it will still play in Beijing as host nation and the FIBA-Asia champion qualifies for the Olympics.

jawo
06-06-2007, 02:08 PM

I know we played Jordan in 2003 but my point here is the competition within the means of the PBA and not the PBL or any other basketball sector in the Philippines. Anyways, Chot played both Jordan-Fastlink and Iran-Saba Battery in 2005 from which the latest is this 2007 FIBA Champions Cup (Iran only), hopefully those tournaments gave enough for Chot to know Jordan and Iran.

karim
06-06-2007, 02:17 PM
i told u the philippines group will be tough !! its even worse than the 1 i posted last week........are UAE good ? they got 12th and last spot in asian games but i heard they beat qatar..........

watiwawa
06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
teams that will advance:
group b will be lebanon and japan
group c qatar and kazakhstan
group d korea and syria

group a is wide open... anything can happen but of course i believe in our team... i know there's a reason why we were bracketed in a very solid group... anyway just a comment to an earlier post here that because of this grouping phils together with iran should probably say byebye to the olympics...i don't think so... if im not mistaken you have only watch one game of rp and during that game i think our team won... but honestly, that wasn't even the whole strength of rp... right now we are just around 70% ready and there are still probably a player or 2 to be replaced in the lineup... im sure by next month we'll be 100% ready for the battle...

nice bro.... and i think he don't know what power philippines have................ great challenge, if want to go to olympics, then every game counts.... syria and iran are they top ten in the world to be fearsome???i think china is fearsome but w/ team b, im not sure....

i hope for the best... whatever happens, bright future still awaits,,, but why do we need to wait for the future if we can do it......

PILIPINAS.... LET'S PRAY!!!

kaya bga qualifying eh, no easy task...

daniab
06-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Hamed Afagh (189-F-83) of Saba Battery
Karam Ahmadian (198-F-77) of Saba Battery
Amir Amini (197-G-84) of Paykan Tehran
Hamed Hadadi (218-C-85) of Paykan Tehran
Ali Reza Honardoust (200-C-82) of Petrochimi Imam Harbour
Mehdi Kamrani (182-G-82) of Paykan Tehran
Moosa Nabipoor (206-C-83) of Sanam Tehran
Aidin Nek Khah Bahrami (202-F-82) of Saba Battery
Mohammad NikKhah (199-F-83) of Petrochimi
Pooya Tadjik (202-F-80) of Paykan Tehran
Saman Veisi (192-G-78) of Paykan Tehran
Iman Zandi (186-G-81) of Sanam Tehran

Where is Jaber Rozbahani ???

WIZARD
06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I think the jordanian and Irani feds must protest against this draw!!! its so silly..how come 2 teams that ranked same spot be in a same group??
it should be fair likr china lebanon qatar korea be seeded at top of each then
come the second then third then forth..idiotssssssssssss

SkyWalker
06-06-2007, 02:56 PM
I think the jordanian and Irani feds must protest against this draw!!! its so silly..how come 2 teams that ranked same spot be in a same group??

hehehe, man, why do you need to protest? you keep on telling us, that Jordan will kick RP's ass. man, you dont have to protest. lets do it in the bball court. :)

WIZARD
06-06-2007, 03:02 PM
hehehe, man, why do you need to protest? you keep on telling us, that Jordan will kick RP's ass. man, you dont have to protest. lets do it in the bball court. :)

hehehe yes and i still think so but still this draw aint fair and wrong and has nothing to do with ur team!!!

ctongco
06-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Tough group for the Philippines, but I still believe we are more than capable of winning against our groupmates. I hope we do well.

By the way, was it the NT of Iran that the RP National Training pool beat twice in 2005?

SkyWalker
06-06-2007, 03:17 PM
hehehe yes and i still think so but still this draw aint fair and wrong and has nothing to do with ur team!!!

well, we cant do anything about it man. thats the bad thing about it. even i, was surprised to see the final draw. i mean, for me, i would rather have RP play japan, uae and india in the prelims. no sweat. :D

Projectspeed
06-06-2007, 03:18 PM
now it will be better to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of Iran and Jordan than to discuss our own:D

let Chot Reyes and the whole RP team do their job, :D we should trust them:D

and let us expose and analyze how to beat Iran and Jordan:D

SkyWalker
06-06-2007, 03:26 PM
now it will be better to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of Iran and Jordan than to discuss our own:D

let Chot Reyes and the whole RP team do their job, :D we should trust them:D

and let us expose and analyze how to beat Iran and Jordan:D

man, the weakness of jordan, is perhaps their source of strenght. their naturalized player rasheim wright. over and over again, he impresses all scouts from asia. bad thing for jordan and rasheim wright, take him out, and jordan will fall.

ctongco
06-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Will this be televised? I hope BTV shows the games live.

SkyWalker
06-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Will this be televised? I hope BTV shows the games live.

yeah i think BTV will air all the games, since ABC cant provide us the games, coz they suck! :D

ctongco
06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
With the groupings for Asian Championship finalized who are at an advantage? What the strenghts and weaknesses of each team against those in their group?

Butata
06-06-2007, 03:38 PM
My fearless forecast: China's team B won't make it past group A. Those Chinese youngsters minus their Big Brothers from team A will be outmuscled and outhustled by the Philippines and the two WABA teams, Iran and Jordan.

ctongco
06-06-2007, 03:48 PM
FIBA Asia Championship 2007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_Asia_Championship_2007) from wikipedia.

spreekanick
06-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Group A
Philippines
china
iran
jordan

Group B
lebanon
saudi
Uae
Japan

Group C
indonesia
india
kazakhstan
Qatar

Group D
south korea
chinese taipei
hong kong
syria

art00
06-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Based on the link provided by ctongco, then wizard is right: Iran and Jordan should not be in the same group.

From the link: "The teams were grouped first into four pots, each member of the pot is guaranteed not to face each other in the preliminary round;"

And: Pot B has the 4 teams: Iran, Saudi Arabia, Jordan & Chinese Taipei

So, what gives?

WIZARD
06-06-2007, 04:24 PM
man, the weakness of jordan, is perhaps their source of strenght. their naturalized player rasheim wright. over and over again, he impresses all scouts from asia. bad thing for jordan and rasheim wright, take him out, and jordan will fall.
Well pal i disagree about rashiem thing first of all he didnt play yet any international game with us so u cant tell really the diiference he will make..with outhim in asiad doha we done fine and without our main PG Sam
daghlas

ctongco
06-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Based on the link provided by ctongco, then wizard is right: Iran and Jordan should not be in the same group.

From the link: "The teams were grouped first into four pots, each member of the pot is guaranteed not to face each other in the preliminary round;"

And: Pot B has the 4 teams: Iran, Saudi Arabia, Jordan & Chinese Taipei

So, what gives?

Perhaps either Iran or Jordan was suppose to be in group B and Japan might have been in group A. However, since Japan is the host it can choose its group and it chose group B. The logic that I see is that Japan was put in group B and a team from group B was transferred to the group where Japan was originally suppose to be in, which is group A. Atleast this is how I see it.

karim
06-06-2007, 04:29 PM
why not ? if Jordan r ranked the third to last and Iran is 6th according to the Fiba and philippines is ranked next to last........so i dt get wats the problem !!?? its not like they grouped the top 4 teams 2gether.....

art00
06-06-2007, 04:35 PM
why not ? if Jordan r ranked the third to last and Iran is 6th according to the Fiba and philippines is ranked next to last........so i dt get wats the problem !!?? its not like they grouped the top 4 teams 2gether.....

I was just basing my post on the what the link says. If FIBA wanted to group the teams according to the rankings only, then, there's not much point of a draw, is there?

Project888
06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
who cares about the groupings, even if jordan is in group b or whatever group they want, they can't win, i think. anyway there will be only one winner, even if ua team pick the weakest group, that team will still lose!
even if jordan advance in q. finals, they will still lose, i think, bcuz q. finals is level 2, a harder level!! PEACE YO!

WIZARD
06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
who cares about the groupings, even if jordan is in group b or whatever group they want, they can't win, i think. anyway there will be only one winner, even if ua team pick the weakest group, that team will still lose!
even if jordan advance in q. finals, they will still lose, i think, bcuz q. finals is level 2, a harder level!! PEACE YO!
what do u mean by that???? and how did u evaluate it this way that they gonna lose? ..so who will win??S.korea? or China B? have u seen jordan playing before judging? first of all alot of teams wont be playing with their full power
lebanese team have alot of problems and i heard that vogel aint playing at all
so they lost the most important player....S.korea are playing with young team
with no experience so we dont know their level yet...Qatar changed the head coach who been 4 years building the team for other coach..China B team is same as korea never played international games and winngin china A with out
the main 6 players means nothing..Iran is a very tough team and i will give them a big credit... UR RP team well no comment!!!! loosing by 25 pts every game last month in iran ..now there is japan the only thing that counts is their home court advantage... so plz spare me this

WIZARD
06-06-2007, 07:00 PM

Iran and jordan are ranked second in aisa now...its not about who got 6th place or 4th place!! as i said each group should have equally 4 different ranked teams its like putting china lebanon qatar kuwait in a same group!!!
what u think about that?

karim
06-06-2007, 07:18 PM
no man its not that bad cuz china,leb and qatar would all be in pot A ...in ur group theres 2 teams from pot B , 1 from pot A and 1 from D ......but i agree jordan or iran should be put in group C and either india or indonesia should take their place.....cuz Qatar as usual being the country with the qatari president put itself in the easiest group with 3 teams from pot C ...atleast Group B has a team from pot A and 1 from pot B........

WIZARD
06-06-2007, 07:31 PM
no man its not that bad cuz china,leb and qatar would all be in pot A ...in ur group theres 2 teams from pot B , 1 from pot A and 1 from D ......but i agree jordan or iran should be put in group C and either india or indonesia should take their place.....cuz Qatar as usual being the country with the qatari president put itself in the easiest group with 3 teams from pot C ...atleast Group B has a team from pot A and 1 from pot B........
Well ok thats what i mean its crazy to put 2 teams from same pot..

khatib
06-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Lebanon will send a fullstrength team with Vogel,Fadi,Ali just to end this confusion.
Now if Japan picked our group that's a big insult to us,this might backfire on Japan we are out to take revenge from asian games. We always play with big heart I think we will be in beijing next year.

karim
06-06-2007, 07:38 PM
no man i dont think its us....our performance last year at the asian games is maybe a reason but the main reason is that we have KSA and UAE with us...i think we were the only group for Japan who has only 1 good team....as you see all the other groups have atleast 2 good teams ...the 2nd weakest group is Group C which has qatar and kazakhaztan(who are also not bad).......

WIZARD
06-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Lebanon will send a fullstrength team with Vogel,Fadi,Ali just to end this confusion.
Now if Japan picked our group that's a big insult to us,this might backfire on Japan we are out to take revenge from asian games. We always play with big heart I think we will be in beijing next year.

I did read some where i think a news paper that Vogel aint playing at all niether now nor in japan..he has some big issues In the US..i cant recall wich news paper thu!!

karim
06-06-2007, 08:31 PM
ya his mom is sick but he told the NT he will join them in July...and Vogel never lies he is a good person and that is known about him........

lornblade
06-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Japan which is the host this coming fiba asia are very wise about the groupings. Powerhouse teams are crowded at group a with (4) China, Jordan, Iran and RP; and group d with (3) S. Korea, Syria and Chinese Taipei.

A total of 7 powerhouse teams jockeying for a 2 slots in the semifinals. I have a very bad feeling that the top two teams in group a and group d will slug it out in the knockout crossover. This will lead to eliminating 5 powerhouse teams after the quarterfinals.

SupaRuki
06-06-2007, 11:16 PM
well, if you have three of the four best teams in the region gauging from the last asian games it is certainly a tall order. nonetheless this will only allow Team Pilipinas to have the better mindset entering fiba asia. as chot said "we'll go to beijing or die trying."

Go Team Astig!

jawo
06-07-2007, 12:35 AM

First of, how can you protest when the draw was made in the presence of media and the representatives of both countries. But you have a point and I agree, your idea is the ideal format of the drawing. However, if they have to protest, they sholud protest the whole system but not today but long before this drawing started.
The problem is Asia's competition is getting stiffer that maybe adjustments on the drawing procedures should be done next time around according to what you have thought.

jawo
06-07-2007, 12:43 AM
In contrast to what others say, I have a different view of China Team B. China has exhausted its full strenght for the benefit of their Team A coz for them, being the host of the Olympics is the best opportuity to showcase the optimum strenght of the Chinese national team. I remember some familiar names in the Chinese team B that I thought while their little men are at just a little below par with their Team A counterparts, their frontliners are not. China has so many big men but the pool is not deep in that category. Wang, Yi, Yao and Zhang are perceived to be far better than the big men of Team B.

I am not saying that China is weak but the facts should give us hope that we could pull it out from China. The problem is Jordan and Iran may also have a good chance against China that made Group A really tough due to its unpredictable state.

VII
06-07-2007, 01:10 AM
we cant have it easy...if we do lose then its because we lost to a better team....

theres no such thing as easy group...anyone can win at any day!!!
theres a saying in tagalog...bilog ang bola

and realistically saying we do need to be tested by the best team..
theres no excuse saying we lag in the beggining...or we didnt have a 7 footer..

i say lets just support the team through thick or thin....
win or lose im proud to be a filo!!!!!!

Burndvinyard
06-07-2007, 01:34 AM
the batttle begins......:mad:

jason_28c
06-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Here is the tournaments and training camps' schedule for the Jordan National Team for men for the upcoming days:

15 - 29 April ------> Two daily training sessions (Amman, Jordan)
30 April - 13 May --> Training Camp (Athens, Greece)
1 - 5 June ---------> WABA championship for NT's (Damascus, Syria)
2 - 10 July --------> Williams Jones Cup (Taiwan)
11 - 27 July -------> Training camp in one of the countries in Fareast (Not decided yet, Probably China)
28 July - 5 August -> 24th FIBA Asia Men Championship (Tokushima,Japan)

* NT's head coach portuguese Mario Palma decided not to play under the name of Arena Amman Club in Asian Clubs Championship which will be held in Tehran, Iran (12-20 May) as it was supposed to be before.
* Jordanian Basketball Federation named Arena Amman to play in Asian Clubs Championship and Orthodox for Arab Clubs Championship (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia 10-20 May) without their NT players with possibility of getting some players from other local clubs on loan.

jason_28c
06-07-2007, 03:11 AM
We can test the national team of iran and jordan in the coming jones cup in taipei... then we will know if our NT will have the chance in beating iran and jordan............

sickcurtain_16
06-07-2007, 03:52 AM
Well, this discussion is very good as we can see that asian basketball is really getting better and better. It is not just about china anymore. It's about everybody. Who knows, it might bIndonesia or KSA that might qualify for beijing. :-D Sabi nga eh, Bilog ang Mundo(The earth is round).

donmar
06-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Well Filipinos will have to think positive and have faith with the national team... I'm not expecting we're going to the Olympics but in my heart it doesn't matter because we'll win this shit!!!

StreakShutr
06-07-2007, 08:32 AM
In contrast to what others say, I have a different view of China Team B. China has exhausted its full strenght for the benefit of their Team A coz for them, being the host of the Olympics is the best opportuity to showcase the optimum strenght of the Chinese national team. I remember some familiar names in the Chinese team B that I thought while their little men are at just a little below par with their Team A counterparts, their frontliners are not. China has so many big men but the pool is not deep in that category. Wang, Yi, Yao and Zhang are perceived to be far better than the big men of Team B.

I am not saying that China is weak but the facts should give us hope that we could pull it out from China. The problem is Jordan and Iran may also have a good chance against China that made Group A really tough due to its unpredictable state.

But recent pairing or pitting games between the two shows Team B winning over Team A, a couple of times. Sans the big men of course, but nonetheless, China's Team B, is still a force to reckon with.

StreakShutr
06-07-2007, 08:36 AM
We can test the national team of iran and jordan in the coming jones cup in taipei... then we will know if our NT will have the chance in beating iran and jordan............

You really couldn't say that, you know games like WJC are just testing grounds for plays and line up pairings. Both teams including China will of course hide aces as much as they can.

Remember Lebanon-RP team rag tags, we beat them twice, but they still manage to squeak past tougher competition come game time.

StreakShutr
06-07-2007, 08:48 AM
I think RP-NT will really have a tough luck breaking past the QF. IRAN and Lebanon are quite competitive, if not greater than RP at least on the same level as RP.

I'm not saying im loosing hope on RP team, its just sensible to say that the draw is really a bottle neck for RP. Unless they pull through together with less than 2 months to spare, then i guess, any team can win on any given sunday considering the group we are bracketed with.

But then again, China is now leagues ahead of us, they have NBA caliber players at every position, they have NBA affiliated developmental league, WHILE playing european style of basketball (team-basketball).

I'm not dashing everyones hope of breaking into Olympics, but hey, the world has evolved around us, and i just hope we catch up fast.

vladski
06-07-2007, 09:37 AM
As coach chot says, we'll take it one at a time. Beating China is not the only goal of the RP Team. As we are bracketed in the so-called "Group of Death" Philippines needs to batlte it hard the IRanians and Jordenians first and foremost of the agenda.

All we need is at least to finish second in our group. But obviously we would be in need of a superb performances from our basketball heroes as early as the first game in Tokushima.

Looking closely at the teams bracketed with RP, all are having equal chances against each other as China is sending there Team B for this tournament. China B, they say have beaten twice the Team A. I guess there is no so much bearing on this as Team A is not actually Team A till your best Players are in the team playing. Actually, though it sounds funny, i conisder those games between China A & B as shows to scare other Asian teams in Tokushima. They are not that formidable compared to China Team A. In my speculation, China Team B will end up among the early teams to say goodbye in this tournament. Funny, right? But wait until the Asian Championship in Japan.

In July, they (China B)will come to Manila to play the pocket tournament. More or less 80% of their total capacity will be gauge there. ANd I can see that Team Pilipinas will beat this China B. Funny thing cause all of you are laughing... but i don't really give a shit to this China B. I even feared the Syrians than China B.

COme to think of it, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria and Iran were beating each other in International Tournament. If Lebanon was able to pull wins against these teams in several occasions, whether it is a friendly game or in a tournament, it means that we can give a run for their money for Jordan and Iran too. All we need to know is how Lebanon did it. Lebanon are playing with these teams frequently, that means they are familair with their plays. Unlike Philippines, we really have to struggle for our offense and defence playing against this team.

My two cents... Team Philippines will emerge with 3-0 W-L card:)
China will be on the bottom end.

WIZARD
06-07-2007, 09:40 AM
First of, how can you protest when the draw was made in the presence of media and the representatives of both countries. But you have a point and I agree, your idea is the ideal format of the drawing. However, if they have to protest, they sholud protest the whole system but not today but long before this drawing started.
The problem is Asia's competition is getting stiffer that maybe adjustments on the drawing procedures should be done next time around according to what you have thought.

First of all WABA tourney isnt done yet and beside jordan iran lebanon syria iran there is yeman and palestine playing??? some how come they made the draw already??? what if palestine and yeman can make it???this is unprofi from the asian fed !!!how come they rush the results?? and show no respect to other teams something else each country should be represented in japan for the draw and simply we didnt know about it the jordanian fed knew about the drew late night from some sport forums!!!and about media covarage!!! well there was no 1 even at fibasia site and fiba site there is nothing so i think this draw is pice of crap and i heard the jordanian fed will proteset to the fiba soon

karim
06-07-2007, 09:56 AM
these are my predictions considering leb will send a full strenth team which it looks like its gonna happen , the same team as 2005 except Roy samaha(204) in the place of Paul Khoury(206).....

Group A:China,Jordan(i think philippines can play good games against leb. only ....im sorry but ur losing all the other games even against kazakhaztan)
Group B:Lebanon,Japan(this 1 is an easy call)
Group C:Qatar,Kazakhaztan(no comment)
Group D:Korea,Taiwan(Syria has a good chance too)

Second Round given this scenario

Group A:Jordan,Lebanon,Kazakhaztan.Korea(i think Lebanon will beat Jordan since we beat them the last 4 times in last 2 years so we have this confidence edge over them especially them not having sam to help them and Jordan will edge Korea and come in 2nd)
Group B:China,Japan,Qatar,Taiwan(very tough group but i think the imports(qatar)can manage to win and China will come in 2nd

Semis:Leb will win China in a close game , same goes for Qatar over Jordan

Final:If lebanon can get to protect the qatari offensive rebounds we have a good chance much like in the semis of 2005....but qatar have naturalized 2 centers since than....i would really be pissed if lebanon dont go to the olympics cuz of a team which shouldnt be here cuz of naturalizing players and changing their names(qatar)....if lebanon do go out i prefer it would be to any1 else.......

taghiyawat
06-07-2007, 10:36 AM
For All Pinoy Do We Need To Wori

We Are On A Group A

Jordan, China , And Iran

Do You Think We Can Win

I Dont Have Any Idea On Jordan And Iran Team

But China I Know We Can Beat Them They Are Only Sending Team B

But How About The 2 Others Team

Pls Give Some Info....

taghiyawat
06-07-2007, 10:39 AM
GROUP A CHINA, JORDAN , IRAN , PHIL

Bracket B, C and D can be considered to be the easier bracket due to few Asian powerhouse that was included.

Bracket B consists of Lebanon, host Japan, Saudi Arabia and UAE. 2005 FIBA runner up Lebanon and Japan are expected to dominate this group.

Meanwhile, group C includes Asian Games silver medalist Qatar, India, Kazakhstan and Indonesia. Qatar and Kazakhstan are likely to be the team to beat in this bracket.

Group D on the other hand comprises of South Korea, Hong Kong, Syria and Chinese Taipei. S. Korea, Syria and Chinese Taipei will surely battling for their spot in the quarters.

WIZARD
06-07-2007, 10:40 AM
these are my predictions considering leb will send a full strenth team which it looks like its gonna happen , the same team as 2005 except Roy samaha(204) in the place of Paul Khoury(206).....

Group A:China,Jordan(i think philippines can play good games against leb. only ....im sorry but ur losing all the other games even against kazakhaztan)

Group A:Jordan,Lebanon,Kazakhaztan.Korea(i think Lebanon will beat Jordan since we beat them the last 4 times in last 2 years so we have this confidence edge over them especially them not having sam to help them and Jordan will edge Korea and come in 2nd)
Group B:China,Japan,Qatar,Taiwan(very tough group but i think the imports(qatar)can manage to win and China will come in 2nd

Final:If lebanon can get to protect the qatari offensive rebounds we have a good chance much like in the semis of 2005....but qatar have naturalized 2 centers since than....i would really be pissed if lebanon dont go to the olympics cuz of a team which shouldnt be here cuz of naturalizing players and changing their names(qatar)....if lebanon do go out i prefer it would be to any1 else.......
Its very hard to predict this way..we have 7 strong teams and they all have a chance..still pissed about this draw!!

vladski
06-07-2007, 10:57 AM
China B, Jordan, Iran.

China B.

China B is yet to prove their prowess in internationally basketball. Young and lack of experience will surely be the negative factors for this team. Haven't seen them played because haven't been seen them in international competitions. My overall rating for this team is 6.

Jordan

The last time we played against this team was in Brunei Cup in August 2006. And the Jordan All Stars end up with a whooping 107-67, a 40 points defeat from Coach Chot's boys. Guess we should know the reason now why they considered as being grouped among the toughest in the Tourney after the draw last June 6. They said they have some new players with naturalized American Rashiem Wright. Surely thet have beefed up their lineup but i don't think it will make a very big difference. I i've noticed too that they have a totaly different lineup compared to the team who played in Brunei last year. Nevertheless, My rating, 7.

Iran

Who could forget that fateful days for RP Team in Tehran?

The last time i remember we've beaten this team is in 2005. I used to see Rp Team beating tthe Iranians with a double Digit margin. But it was another story in Tehran, where RP team was beaten with a margin of 13 in the opening game. If Iran can only beat Philippines with a 13 point margin considering having big imports on their side, I can easily say that we can beat them again like we used to do before. A 13 point margin doesn't say anything especially when you are playing with imports. So I will give this team a rate of 6.

So I am optomistic that Philippines will top the Group A and move on to quarterfinals together with Jordan or Iran but not China B.

jrb0yd
06-07-2007, 10:58 AM

that's what u think but sorry to disappoint u that's not gonna happen... what u saw with our team is not exactly the same team that you are going to see comes the fiba-asia champs... even when we hit 15 3pt shots against your blue stars, theres still a lot of things that our team can offer... you'll see a more rejuvenate and more focus rp team... our training is still ongoing, some players might still be replaced in the lineup, and 3 of the former National team coaches of RP in asian games will join our coaching staff... 4 heads are better than 1...

and as far as my prediction with regards to lebanon, i think they will do good but will fell short in the later rounds... i think your one month preparation is not enough... the question here is 'is the 1month preparation of your team enough? enough to beat teams that have been practicing for months? like rp and jordan which both went abroad for further trainings... you have a new coach and it takes time before you get use to the style of a new coach... the team that is more prepared and focus has the huge chance of qualifying...

WIZARD
06-07-2007, 11:02 AM
China B, Jordan, Iran.

China B.

China B is yet to prove their prowess in internationally basketball. Young and lack of experience will surely be the negative factors for this team. Haven't seen them played because haven't been seen them in international competitions. My overall rating for this team is 6.

Jordan

The last time we played against this team was in Brunei Cup in August 2006. And the Jordan All Stars end up with a whooping 107-67, a 40 points defeat from Coach Chot's boys. Guess we should know the reason now why they considered as being grouped among the toughest in the Tourney after the draw last June 6. They said they have some new players with naturalized American Rashiem Wright. Surely thet have beefed up their lineup but i don't think it will make a very big difference. I i've noticed too that they have a totaly different lineup compared to the team who played in Brunei last year. Nevertheless, My rating, 7.

Iran

Who could forget that fateful days for RP Team in Tehran?

The last time i remember we've beaten this team is in 2005. I used to see Rp Team beating tthe Iranians with a double Digit margin. But it was another story in Tehran, where RP team was beaten with a margin of 13 in the opening game. If Iran can only beat Philippines with a 13 point margin considering having big imports on their side, I can easily say that we can beat them again like we used to do before. A 13 point margin doesn't say anything especially when you are playing with imports. So I will give this team a rate of 6.

So I am optomistic that Philippines will top the Group A and move on to quarterfinals together with Jordan or Iran but not China B..

WRong infos about jordan NT the team that played in brunai isnt the first team that was under 18 years with 2 players from first team el khas and najjar..just for correction..here u can see the roster http://www.bruneicup.com/jordan.htm

karim
06-07-2007, 11:07 AM
that's what u think but sorry to disappoint u that's not gonna happen... what u saw with our team is not exactly the same team that you are going to see comes the fiba-asia champs... even when we hit 15 3pt shots against your blue stars, theres still a lot of things that our team can offer... you'll see a more rejuvenate and more focus rp team... our training is still ongoing, some players might still be replaced in the lineup, and 3 of the former National team coaches of RP in asian games will join our coaching staff... 4 heads are better than 1...

and as far as my prediction with regards to lebanon, i think they will do good but will fell short in the later rounds... i think your one month preparation is not enough... the question here is 'is the 1month preparation of your team enough? enough to beat teams that have been practicing for months? like rp and jordan which both went abroad for further trainings... you have a new coach and it takes time before you get use to the style of a new coach... the team that is more prepared and focus has the huge chance of qualifying...

No lebanon always appoints a coach and starts training 2 weeks in advance.......this happened in 2001 and 2005 and we were able to get a silver medal against teams who stayed months training....so i think 1 month is more than enough time for our country :)

jrb0yd
06-07-2007, 11:15 AM
No lebanon always appoints a coach and starts training 2 weeks in advance.......this happened in 2001 and 2005 and we were able to get a silver medal against teams who stayed months training....so i think 1 month is more than enough time for our country :)

well we are going to see how far they go... 2001 and 2005 are different to 2007 in terms of the talent of the other teams...

jawo
06-07-2007, 11:16 AM
First of all WABA tourney isnt done yet and beside jordan iran lebanon syria iran there is yeman and palestine playing??? some how come they made the draw already??? what if palestine and yeman can make it???this is unprofi from the asian fed !!!how come they rush the results?? and show no respect to other teams something else each country should be represented in japan for the draw and simply we didnt know about it the jordanian fed knew about the drew late night from some sport forums!!!and about media covarage!!! well there was no 1 even at fibasia site and fiba site there is nothing so i think this draw is pice of crap and i heard the jordanian fed will proteset to the fiba soon

What are you talking about??? The field of qualifiers for this FIBA-Asia has been confirmed since last year except for Middle Asia and South East Asia. So any league in Asia (except the two mentioned) that is happening right now has no bearing to the 2007 FIBA-Asia. If Palestine or Yemen wants to qualify, they had their chances last year.

FIBA can be unfair but not on purpose but by technicality due to previous policies. You have to read the papers, there was indeed media coverage but FIBA as always is very slow to leak the news from their site.

vladski
06-07-2007, 11:23 AM

WRong infos about jordan NT the team that played in brunai isnt the first team that was under 18 years with 2 players from first team el khas and najjar..just for correction..here u can see the roster http://www.bruneicup.com/jordan.htm

Wizard, as you want to be called, if you are reading my postings, especially about Jordanian Team, I said that a totally different lineup is heading for Tokushima. I was very specific about this one. I know that it was a different team playing in Brunei cup. So next time you call out for wrong info, please read the thread very carefully.

Thanks.

taghiyawat
06-07-2007, 12:57 PM
sir vladski

do you think our NT are ready.... ??? because dont have any idea here in dubai and i never seen them play in one team i know they are talented specially (danny seigle) idol but how about the others?? and if this new fil am will be added to the rp team do you think it will help a lot?? where is rudy h. how about eric m. they are both have the exp for playing into this tournament... and we are having many shooters but they are not shooting well in there game. and who will stand thier leader.... but i still i know we will past group A for sure...

SkyWalker
06-07-2007, 01:18 PM
the RP team is always at their best, whenever they are doubted or counted out. :)

jundakki
06-07-2007, 01:31 PM
did you say BTV will cover the games? how can one access this

SkyWalker
06-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Jordan passes Cyprus's 1st test

Rasheim<br>Wright<br>
Rasheim
Wright

by Mohammed Malas - May 26, 2007
Rasheim Wright (193-G-81, agency: Rose Professional Mngmnt, college: District of Columbia) scored 28 points to lead Jordan men national team to win over Cyprus 79-64 today in their 1st friendly game in Prince Hamza Hall in Amman, Jordan.

Rasheim Wright (193-G-81, agency: Rose Professional Mngmnt, college: District of Columbia) scored 28 points to lead Jordan men national team to win over Cyprus 79-64 today in their 1st friendly game in Prince Hamza Hall in Amman, Jordan.

Both NT's coaches gave the chance to all their players to play in the game, Jordan seized a 22-16 lead at the end of the first period and 48-34 at halftime depending on abilities of Wright, Wesam Sous, Fadel Najjar with both Dshamal Maitah and Ayman Dies under the basket adding to the big help from Zaid Al Khas and Eyad Abdeen.

From the other hand, Cyprots played a very good game esspecially from Panagiotis Trisokkas, Grigoris Pantouris (190-G/F-82, agency: Globalsports/Globalevents) and Alexis Liatsos and tried their best to be tough oponnents but organization and experience were on the other team's side to win the game at the end with 15 points lead.

Jordan 79 - Cyprus 64 (Q's: 22- 16 , 48 -34, 68-48 & 79-64)
- Jordan's scorers:
11 - Wesam Sous 9 pts
4 - Fadel Najjar
5 - Rasheim Wright 28 pts
9 - Enver Soobzokov 3 pts
12 - Eyad Abdeen 9 pts
7 - Moussa Al Awadi 2 pts
8 - Issa Kamel
6 - Zeid Abbas 2 pts
10 - Moussa Basheer 2 pts
14 - Dshamal Maitah 2 pts
15 - Ayman Dies 12 pts
13 - Zaid Al Khas 10 pts
- Cyprus's scorers:
7 - Giorgos Anastasiadis 3 pts
13 - Panagiotis Trisokkas 14 pts
8 - Michalis Kounounis 4 pts
12 - Grigoris Pantouris 15 pts
11 - Darrin Fowlkes
15 - GiorgosTheocharidis 2 pts
5 - Panayiotis Serdaris 4 pts
14 - Dimitris Mouchtaris 2 pts
4 - Panayiotis Giannas 4 pts
6 - Aris Koronidis 4 pts
0 - Alexis Liatsos 11 pts
9 - Giorgos Neofitou
10 - Andreas Sixopoulos 1 pts

Both NT's will meet again tomorrow in the same court at 8:30 PM

hey wizard, I bet this answers everything. :D we already know how the jordanian NT play, oooopppss, sorry, i mean Rasheim Wright-Jordan NT play. :D

Well pal i disagree about rashiem thing first of all he didnt play yet any international game with us so u cant tell really the diiference he will make..with outhim in asiad doha we done fine and without our main PG Sam
daghlas

WIZARD
06-07-2007, 02:00 PM
What are you talking about??? The field of qualifiers for this FIBA-Asia has been confirmed since last year except for Middle Asia and South East Asia. So any league in Asia (except the two mentioned) that is happening right now has no bearing to the 2007 FIBA-Asia. If Palestine or Yemen wants to qualify, they had their chances last year.

FIBA can be unfair but not on purpose but by technicality due to previous policies. You have to read the papers, there was indeed media coverage but FIBA as always is very slow to leak the news from their site.
dude!!! what r u talking about??????WABA qualify to asia 2007???what does that has to do with last year???last year there was no waba man!!! waba will be in 12 days!!!!! got it??

WIZARD
06-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Jordan passes Cyprus's 1st test

Rasheim<br>Wright<br>
Rasheim
Wright

by Mohammed Malas - May 26, 2007

Both NT's coaches gave the chance to all their players to play in the game, Jordan seized a 22-16 lead at the end of the first period and 48-34 at halftime depending on abilities of Wright, Wesam Sous, Fadel Najjar with both Dshamal Maitah and Ayman Dies under the basket adding to the big help from Zaid Al Khas and Eyad Abdeen.

From the other hand, Cyprots played a very good game esspecially from Panagiotis Trisokkas, Grigoris Pantouris (190-G/F-82, agency: Globalsports/Globalevents) and Alexis Liatsos and tried their best to be tough oponnents but organization and experience were on the other team's side to win the game at the end with 15 points lead.

Jordan 79 - Cyprus 64 (Q's: 22- 16 , 48 -34, 68-48 & 79-64)
- Jordan's scorers:
11 - Wesam Sous 9 pts
4 - Fadel Najjar
5 - Rasheim Wright 28 pts
9 - Enver Soobzokov 3 pts
12 - Eyad Abdeen 9 pts
7 - Moussa Al Awadi 2 pts
8 - Issa Kamel
6 - Zeid Abbas 2 pts
10 - Moussa Basheer 2 pts
14 - Dshamal Maitah 2 pts
15 - Ayman Dies 12 pts
13 - Zaid Al Khas 10 pts
- Cyprus's scorers:
7 - Giorgos Anastasiadis 3 pts
13 - Panagiotis Trisokkas 14 pts
8 - Michalis Kounounis 4 pts
12 - Grigoris Pantouris 15 pts
11 - Darrin Fowlkes
15 - GiorgosTheocharidis 2 pts
5 - Panayiotis Serdaris 4 pts
14 - Dimitris Mouchtaris 2 pts
4 - Panayiotis Giannas 4 pts
6 - Aris Koronidis 4 pts
0 - Alexis Liatsos 11 pts
9 - Giorgos Neofitou
10 - Andreas Sixopoulos 1 pts

Both NT's will meet again tomorrow in the same court at 8:30 PM

hey wizard, I bet this answers everything. :D we already know how the jordanian NT play, oooopppss, sorry, i mean Rasheim Wright-Jordan NT play. :D
so what??? what does that mean ???rashiem wasnt playing with us in doha and we still maneged to do great..as for the game u dont know what happened that was the first game for rashiem and he played the whole game while the others played 20 mts max and as u see all players played..we have other scorers than rashiem zeid al khas our center was our scorer in asiad doha with 20 pts/game Sam daghlas is a scorer and ayman deis..got it??

WIZARD
06-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Wizard, as you want to be called, if you are reading my postings, especially about Jordanian Team, I said that a totally different lineup is heading for Tokushima. I was very specific about this one. I know that it was a different team playing in Brunei cup. So next time you call out for wrong info, please read the thread very carefully.

Thanks.
LOL ok man my bad no hard feelings ;)

Projectspeed
06-07-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm starting to wonder if that Asia-basket's Mohammed Malas handle is "Wizard":D

WIZARD
06-07-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm starting to wonder if that Asia-basket's Mohammed Malas handle is "Wizard":D
MALAS is my friend

Abtik
06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
The Philippine team was really a force in asian basketball decades ago. Maybe because our country was once being put under American Colony. And into this time, we have been thought and exposed to the sport of basketball earlier than any other countries in Asia by American soldiers. Thats also the reason why were number one in this sport.... as I said decades ago.
Since the PBA was stablished in 1975, the league was a major hit and we forgot to play againts asian countries by participating to International Basketball Competition. It is because our focus was to watch our players play againts each other in their respective ballclubs. We do not consider playing for the olympics. Now that our enthusiasm is back.... we can say that our National Team are back to start. We will try to learn how is it playing againts our brothers in Asia. And we know that to be able to reach and play in the olympic games is a hard task. But we've already done it before, we know that we will be there soon.
One thing for sure.... in this coming FIBA-ASIA.... we will make a big leap. A force to be reckoned with. A team who's coming back and want to reclaim the lost glory that once was ours.

Projectspeed
06-07-2007, 02:49 PM
MALAS is my friend

hmmmmmmnnnnnnnn? :D

friend???:D

how come?:D

is he also an interbasket forumer?:D

nahhhh... you're Malas:D

watiwawa
06-07-2007, 03:03 PM
jordan is very strong...!!!

but not the country jordan...

it's michael JORDAN!!!

asia, w8 for the ABC 2007 and we will know who is really strong...

i predict that after this draw...

CHINA will send it's team a....

the real team a.. maybe force yao ming to play.......

u know guys why??

china is scared that philippines might get back the glory and go to olympics........

by the way only PHILIPPINES is the CATHOLIC team in this ABC(i mean 75% of the country is catholic)

daniab
06-07-2007, 03:12 PM
by the way only PHILIPPINES is the CATHOLIC team in this ABC(i mean 75% of the country is catholic)

So what man ?? what this do with our discussion :confused:
Lebanon is Half christians and half Muslims :D so what ?:p

weward
06-07-2007, 03:31 PM
yeah!
philippines is the best

jramoyo
06-07-2007, 04:37 PM

Oh man! How does that relate to basketball?

ravn21
06-07-2007, 04:57 PM
With all the fuss about RP's inclusion in the toughest grouping, i think this will infact come as a blessing in disguise. You see, all that RP have to do is to at least make it top 2 in their groupings. Of course this is no mean treat coz we have to beat the Asian Games Champion(China), 3rd placer(Iran), and 4th placer(Jordan) of the last Asian Games. But it can be done.

By at least making it top 2 in group A, we will be group with "relatively" weaker teams in the quarterfinals, much weaker than group A mates. If we place 2nd in our group and the seedings come true to form, we will be group with Group B with Group B topnotcher Lebanon, and my guess Syria will top Group D with all their Brasyrian recruits, and 2nd plcer in Group C Kazakhistan. The quarters grouping is relatively manageable/ beatable than in our Elims opponents. Wee can certainly top this group with Lebanon na known RP kontrapilo, we can defeat Kazakhistan this time with our complete lineup. We will be having some difficulty with Brasyrian/ Syria, but we can beat them.

In the semis assuming China tops Group A, we will be facing Qatar. Although Qatar defeated us in our last 3 meetings(1 in 2006 Jones Cup, once in Qatar tourney 2006 and in 2007 Asian CUP),it is by no means can made as a gauge coz the RP teams in 2006 is not as strong as our present NT, and in Teheran , the Qatar team is reinforced by 2 American imports.

Beating Qatar, we will face China in the finals with the Olympic slot all but secured.

Personally though, i think our strongest opposition is Syria. With the addition of the Brasyrian plyers, Syria all of a sudden becomes an instant contender. I have some misgivings with China. Remember China is sending it's TEAM B. Team B is made upmostly of their young turks. It is sort of their 22 and under team plus Team A castoff. Mostly their players are 18 to 20 years old athletic but skinny players . Sort of Yi Ji Lian body type. With this type of players ,with no prior Seniors team international team experience, they can easily be rattled and manhandled in the post by older physical behemoths from the Arab countries and even by our own ASI, MICK and hopefully Menk. It similar of pitting our RPteam with UAAP stars Meirrhoffer, Al Hussaini and the like. I have a feeling that we can even top group A cozi believe either Iran and Jordan can beat China . Whileit wasadvertised that teamB beat TEAM A in their tune up matches,it is by no means an indication that team B is stronger than the A team which played minus YAO, YI, LIu WEI,Li Nan and Fangyu. In other words team A played minus their first 5. As an analogy, it is similar to Harbor Center team (that played in SEABA) beating RPMSMB minus ASI, SEIGLE, Penissi, Alapag and Caguioa.

I do hope though China is as good as advertised. Because if we top group A , we will encounter tougher opposition in the quarters in Qatar( groupC topnotcher), Japan ( tough to beat home team in their hometurf, officiating will be a problem) and South Korea( our known scrouge and kakontrapelo ang Pinas). Plus the risk of meeting China in the crossover semis. It is tough to beat China though in 2 straight games.

I do hope that indeed China is that strong, we makeit top 2 in group A, top tthe quarters beating Lebanon, Kazaks and Syria. And we meet China in a no bearing FINALS.

guys it will really be a tough road ahead of us but in the end i can say we don't need to push the panic button.... i mean we can still win this we just need to pray as fans and trust our guys to do the job!

jawo
06-07-2007, 09:38 PM
dude!!! what r u talking about??????WABA qualify to asia 2007???what does that has to do with last year???last year there was no waba man!!! waba will be in 12 days!!!!! got it??

You have to read all the reports before you get pissed dude, use your common sense...why did FIBA-Asia proceeded with the drawing if the coming WABA has a bearing with it? The point I am saying about last year is not all about WABA but all the sub-zonal qualifiers were finished and completed last year except the Middle Asia and South East Asia. Some of them was even finished since 2005 like the East Asian Games!

I think you know these things, do not play like a fool. Just go and move on and accept that that is how the cookie crumbles in the drawing...

WIZARD
06-07-2007, 10:48 PM
You have to read all the reports before you get pissed dude, use your common sense...why did FIBA-Asia proceeded with the drawing if the coming WABA has a bearing with it? The point I am saying about last year is not all about WABA but all the sub-zonal qualifiers were finished and completed last year except the Middle Asia and South East Asia. Some of them was even finished since 2005 like the East Asian Games!

I think you know these things, do not play like a fool. Just go and move on and accept that that is how the cookie crumbles in the drawing...
Frankly i think u have no idea...plz dont make me laugh???i know how it goes so dont start telling me sub-zonal bo ho..ur qualifications were just last weak
wich is seaba!!2 years ago its was qualifications for asian games 2005 in doha
3 teams passed it jordan iran lebanon..waba this year qualify to japan
and yet they arnt played??use ur mind pls and dont make others laugh
this year lebanon iran jordan syria yemen and palestine are playing to qualify
to japan kapeesh??!!! its not our problem if east asian countries played last year or what so ever ...every sub zone has it own rules
and IN waba its alwayes 1-2 months before any asian games
just like asian games for clubs that was in Iran last month
WABA club games in syria were held in april as i recall just 1 month before asian cup games so spare me

watiwawa
06-07-2007, 11:07 PM
vic pablo- 6'4-----guard
andy seigle-6'9-----center
mark andaya-6'8-----center
mark macapagal-6'3-----guard
homer se-6'5------forward-center
dennis espino-6'7-----forward
don camaso-6'6----forward
michael holper-6'7-----forward
paolo hubalde-6'0----guard
omanzie rodriguez-6'7---center
francis adriano-6'2---guard
gilbert lao-6'7----forward-center
ROB WAINWRIGHT-6'5---GUARD(the latest addition)

this is the real rp team....

TEAM to beat in the upcoming ABC.....

this team is training in the us for already 4 months....

uhh,, by the way caguioa and seigle maybe also considered in that lineup........

rp rocks and they will rock you in the upcoming fiba asia!!!

splitzapper
06-08-2007, 12:05 AM
vic pablo- 6'4-----guard

uhh,, by the way caguioa and seigle maybe also considered in that lineup........

Bro, this was supposed to be secret!!!!

jason_28c
06-08-2007, 12:33 AM
My fearless forecast:

Group A:
China, Philippines
Group B:
Lebanon, Japan
Group C:
Qatar, Kazakhstan
Group D:
South Korea, Syria

Quarter finals:
Group I
China, Qatar
Group II
Philippines, South Korea

Semis:
China vs. SK = China as Winner
Qatar vs. Phil = Phil as Winner

Finals
China vs. Phil

Hopes it gonna happen.. Lets just pray..........

jason_28c
06-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Hey Karim, wanna bet? Philippines will get through the first round.........

jason_28c
06-08-2007, 12:51 AM
By Ed Picson

Alright, so the die is cast. The Philippine national basketball team goes up against the biggies right away in the FIBA-Asia Men’s Championship in Tokushima, Japan next month.

The tournament will determine the two countries that will represent the region in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

At the outset China, Jordan and Iran will stand in the way of our getting into the next round of the tournament and they indeed make for very big, intimidating shadows. China is, of course the perennial Asian champions, while Iran won the FIBA-Asia Champions Cup held in Tehran just a few weeks back, where we could only manage fourth. Jordan is also no pushover.

China as the host country is already assured of an Olympic slot. But whatever happens in the tournament, they will be one of the Asian teams. In other words, only one other Asian country can qualify from the Tokushima tournament.

Immediately after the news broke about our being in Group A, there was collective foot-thumping as people rued the luck of the draw which has made our comeback in international competitions a veritable tightrope act.

To compound matters, we are expected to walk the rope blind-folded with no safety nets beneath.

Well, the truth is, it was never supposed to be easy. The controversy that caused our protracted banishment from FIBA-sanctioned tournaments was triggered by the inexplicable propensity of the BAP in fielding mediocre teams that were slaughtered in many tournaments. The hue and cry was, we don’t mind losing, but at the time, the teams that represented the country had no chance at even performing decently.

An ice cube in hell could have had better chances of surviving.

After endless wrangling and wheeling and dealing, some sort of Modus Vivendi has been reached, and finally we are sending our best players to represent us in international competitions. As we have written here before, that was all the Filipino basketball fan asked for.

It would be the height of naiveté to think that we could slay all the Asian basketball dragons in one fell swoop just because our national team happens to be composed of our superstars in the PBA.

Joining the tournament in Tokushima included submitting ourselves to the luck of the draw. So did everyone else. But as in any activity dependent on luck, one can only hope for the best.

Coach Chot Reyes has been quoted as saying "We will go to Beijing or we will die trying." A tad melodramatic that, but we all know where he is coming from. And we expect no less from a group that has been given the necessary tools available to extract the best from our best players.

But allowances must also be made for the abbreviated timetable that the team has had to work under owing to the extended brouhaha that lasted for well over a year. But this is no time for recriminations or excuses. The order of the day is to roll up sleeves and get cracking.

Obviously there is no time to waste. The travel plans for Belgrade and the Jones Cup have been laid out and the work that awaits the players and the coaching staff has been cut out for them. So let’s get it on!

With all due respect, I think talk about being in the "group of death" in Tokushima is not going to do the team’s morale a lot of good. That draw is all behind us now and we have been given the opportunity we have been bargaining for-to be given a chance to compete with our best players.

I say let’s prep us this team for a vicious encounter that we intend to come out of either as victors or proud warriors worthy of the Filipino reputation as sturdy, steadfast and un-cowed, but never the vanquished.

Let’s give ‘em hell!

jiefangjun
06-08-2007, 02:34 AM
POST of YEAR!

it's michael JORDAN!!!

u know guys why??

china is scared that philippines might get back the glory and go to olympics........

Projectspeed
06-08-2007, 02:44 AM
stop those damn predictions:D

Team Pilipinas will take it one game at a time:D

ros
06-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Let us stop bragging and predicting the outcome coz in the end it might backfire. As a Filipino we can all pray that our team reaches 100% come FIBA-Asia. Goodluck RP team ASTIG!!!

Show our opponent what Filipino fighting spirit is all about...:)

viperbravo
06-08-2007, 03:22 AM

YEAHHHH! GO Pilipinas :) :D :cool: :eek:

Grr_tiger
06-08-2007, 03:59 AM
http://photos.friendster.com/photos/62/92/31822926/437833844l.jpg

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS!!

daniab
06-08-2007, 04:48 AM
KSA(Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) withdraw from Asian championship 2007 according to a Lebanese newspaper.

So Group B : Lebanon,Japan and UAE .

StreakShutr
06-08-2007, 04:49 AM
By Ed Picson

Alright, so the die is cast. The Philippine national basketball team goes up against the biggies right away in the FIBA-Asia Men’s Championship in Tokushima, Japan next month.

The tournament will determine the two countries that will represent the region in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

At the outset China, Jordan and Iran will stand in the way of our getting into the next round of the tournament and they indeed make for very big, intimidating shadows. China is, of course the perennial Asian champions, while Iran won the FIBA-Asia Champions Cup held in Tehran just a few weeks back, where we could only manage fourth. Jordan is also no pushover.

China as the host country is already assured of an Olympic slot. But whatever happens in the tournament, they will be one of the Asian teams. In other words, only one other Asian country can qualify from the Tokushima tournament.

Immediately after the news broke about our being in Group A, there was collective foot-thumping as people rued the luck of the draw which has made our comeback in international competitions a veritable tightrope act.

To compound matters, we are expected to walk the rope blind-folded with no safety nets beneath.

Well, the truth is, it was never supposed to be easy. The controversy that caused our protracted banishment from FIBA-sanctioned tournaments was triggered by the inexplicable propensity of the BAP in fielding mediocre teams that were slaughtered in many tournaments. The hue and cry was, we don’t mind losing, but at the time, the teams that represented the country had no chance at even performing decently.

An ice cube in hell could have had better chances of surviving.

After endless wrangling and wheeling and dealing, some sort of Modus Vivendi has been reached, and finally we are sending our best players to represent us in international competitions. As we have written here before, that was all the Filipino basketball fan asked for.

It would be the height of naiveté to think that we could slay all the Asian basketball dragons in one fell swoop just because our national team happens to be composed of our superstars in the PBA.

Joining the tournament in Tokushima included submitting ourselves to the luck of the draw. So did everyone else. But as in any activity dependent on luck, one can only hope for the best.

Coach Chot Reyes has been quoted as saying "We will go to Beijing or we will die trying." A tad melodramatic that, but we all know where he is coming from. And we expect no less from a group that has been given the necessary tools available to extract the best from our best players.

But allowances must also be made for the abbreviated timetable that the team has had to work under owing to the extended brouhaha that lasted for well over a year. But this is no time for recriminations or excuses. The order of the day is to roll up sleeves and get cracking.

Obviously there is no time to waste. The travel plans for Belgrade and the Jones Cup have been laid out and the work that awaits the players and the coaching staff has been cut out for them. So let’s get it on!

With all due respect, I think talk about being in the "group of death" in Tokushima is not going to do the team’s morale a lot of good. That draw is all behind us now and we have been given the opportunity we have been bargaining for-to be given a chance to compete with our best players.

I say let’s prep us this team for a vicious encounter that we intend to come out of either as victors or proud warriors worthy of the Filipino reputation as sturdy, steadfast and un-cowed, but never the vanquished.

Let’s give ‘em hell!

For god sakes, if you want to post article lifted from official sites, please just put in the links that way you just quote the article and not pirating it. This items are copyrighted. If you do not respect that, then post your own opinion instead. Because to most of us who spend time reading these items from official sites and finding it here over and over again is just waste of forum space.

Links is good, lifting is rude!

StreakShutr
06-08-2007, 04:50 AM
http://photos.friendster.com/photos/62/92/31822926/437833844l.jpg

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS!!

But we have reservations! nyehehehehehehee

StreakShutr
06-08-2007, 04:51 AM

Yep that's the way to go.

Projectspeed
06-08-2007, 07:13 AM
vic pablo- 6'4-----guard

tsk tsk:mad: you're exposing our National Teams main secret:mad:

you should be suspended by BAP for exposing our real line-up :p

Grr_tiger
06-08-2007, 07:48 AM
But we have reservations! nyehehehehehehee

tsk tsk tsk

your faith is weak my fellow countryman.

if we won't support them, who else will? :cool:

CHINA TEAM
06-08-2007, 08:00 AM
My fearless forecast:

Group A:
China, Philippines
Group B:
Lebanon, Japan
Group C:
Qatar, Kazakhstan
Group D:
South Korea, Syria

Quarter finals:
Group I
China, Qatar
Group II
Philippines, South Korea

Semis:
China vs. SK = China as Winner
Qatar vs. Phil = Phil as Winner

Finals
China vs. Phil

Hopes it gonna happen.. Lets just pray..........

Nice!~agree with you,but i have to say that is very hard hardwork for china b team.hope will meet final!~;)

CHINA TEAM
06-08-2007, 08:04 AM
yeah!
philippines is the best
Yeah~Only for you Philipines guys~,not asian basket fans:p

igorotski
06-08-2007, 08:05 AM

Let us stop bragging and predicting the outcome coz in the end it might backfire. As a Filipino we can all pray that our team reaches 100% come FIBA-Asia. Goodluck RP team ASTIG!!!

Show our opponent what Filipino fighting spirit is all about...:)

im one with these guys

CHINA TEAM
06-08-2007, 08:11 AM
im one with these guys

it's michael JORDAN!!!

u know guys why??

Hehe,please to dissuade him,his infantile opinion not to fit here~!:rolleyes:

watiwawa
06-08-2007, 08:38 AM
tsk tsk:mad: you're exposing our National Teams main secret:mad:

you should be suspended by BAP for exposing our real line-up :p

oh,, i'm sorry...:(

Mernks
06-08-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm still very optimistic in the result of the draw. Remember that we almost had a chance taking the gold medal in Busan Asian games even without too much preparation. I think we just need to do what we did in that event and it's the coaching staff responsibility to look for things that we should improve after that competition. I think we should change our style of play depending what teams are we playing with. if we play against Korean, we should do the slow type of game. For Quataris, we have beaten their team easily in last year's Jones Cup I think with a bigger line up and Adducul is included in the team. We lost to Taiwanese because Taiwan has a better speed than Filipinos and I think coach Chot did not want to play their best in that game to avoid being scouted by other teams. Why should we hide the team strength? It will just lose the focus of the players in the game.

I' m not saying that coach Chot is not a good coach but for me Coach Siot is better than coach Chot. He may be too young in coaching but look at his performance as a coach and the way their team is playing. They have good ball movement and won 8 straight games.

I think with the right players and proper coaching we will be able to get the championship easily. I am just wondering because when Tim Cone coached the Philippine team, he did not make any excuses. But still he was able to get the bronze medal and lost to China by I think by only 7 or 9 points.

We should be optimistic with the RP team. For me, only luck will give the other teams to beat us if we have the right players in the team. We have already beaten Aoshen China and ABA Champion two years ago right?

With the result of the draw I think China has the most pressure at their side because they are already talking about Philippine team that we beat an NCAA division 1 team. I forgot the link but I just have read it here at interbasket.

So guys whatever happens win or lose, I still trust the Philippine Basketball team and we can be on the Top of the rankings in Asia and eventually in the world :)

----------------------------------------------
Believe in yourself ...
----------------------------------------------

Grr_tiger
06-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Hehe,please to dissuade him,his infantile opinion not to fit here~!:rolleyes:

don't mind him

zouz
06-08-2007, 10:16 AM
for all filipino guys here plz be a little humble and don't highen ur hopes.guys we said(the lebanese) in the champions cup that we r the best and we're gonna win the tournemant and look what happened to us:we lost in quarterfinals against a team that was loosing to team we beat days ago
so plz be humble and don't rush the results bc it can backfire on u
peace

igorotski
06-08-2007, 10:19 AM
With the result of the draw I think China has the most pressure at their side because they are already talking about Philippine team that we beat an NCAA division 1 team. I forgot the link but I just have read it here at interbasket.

1st of all they arnt pressured, cus whether they lose or win this tourney, they'll still play in Olympics.

2nd, a team beating a NCAA div team thesedays is not something to be scared of anymore. everyone can beat US teams thesedays. if iran,china,jordan,syria,etc. had been there, they cud have beaten those NCAA div teams we won over.

3rd, only here on interbasket and some forums we appear as highly-favored or talk-of-the-town team cus there are soooooooooo many flips here. if china was pressured there, i guess it wud be against Jordan and Iran---2 teams that are known as big-time teams; not us.

i mean we've been out from the scene so theyre like:
" who is this team philippines here in group A?"
"dont pay attention to that, iran and jordan are our problems."

so let's jus be quiet and hope&pray for an upset.

igorotski
06-08-2007, 10:32 AM
for all filipino guys here plz be a little humble and don't highen ur hopes.guys we said(the lebanese) in the champions cup that we r the best and we're gonna win the tournemant and look what happened to us:we lost in quarterfinals against a team that was loosing to team we beat days ago
so plz be humble and don't rush the results bc it can backfire on u
peace

yeah, please! can we be humble and stop expecting so high? we dont want others to laugh at us if ever we lose , do we?

this is embarrassing that a non-filipino had to say this to us.

--------------------------------------------------------------
it is more painful when u fall from flying so high

Phantim3dx
06-08-2007, 10:44 AM
"Originally Posted by ros

Show our opponent what Filipino fighting spirit is all about...

filipino spirit is about womanizing, drinking, and not giving a damn about economic success in terms of national achievement goals...thats why these days you find a lot of fil-can, fil-ams (me! :D ), fil-euros, etc.

dont worry the spirit continues, should we lose in the 1st round all we gotta do is womanize the winners ladies, we do better in bed than on the court anyways...condom not included

ctongco
06-08-2007, 10:56 AM
yeah, please! can we be humble and stop expecting so high? we dont want others to laugh at us if ever we lose , do we?

this is embarrassing that a non-filipino had to say this to us.

--------------------------------------------------------------
it is more painful when u fall from flying so high

High expectations are ok, but there must be humility and respect.

jawo
06-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Frankly i think u have no idea...plz dont make me laugh???i know how it goes so dont start telling me sub-zonal bo ho..ur qualifications were just last weak
wich is seaba!!2 years ago its was qualifications for asian games 2005 in doha
3 teams passed it jordan iran lebanon..waba this year qualify to japan
and yet they arnt played??use ur mind pls and dont make others laugh
this year lebanon iran jordan syria yemen and palestine are playing to qualify
to japan kapeesh??!!! its not our problem if east asian countries played last year or what so ever ...every sub zone has it own rules
and IN waba its alwayes 1-2 months before any asian games
just like asian games for clubs that was in Iran last month
WABA club games in syria were held in april as i recall just 1 month before asian cup games so spare me

My qualifications was just last week which is Seaba? Well you are so arrogant yet simple common sense you cannot comprehend...what topic you want to start with me about basketball?

ANyways sorry to fellow posters, hindi ko na papatulan itong gagong mayabang na ito. I never been into bragging and I always respect my fellow posters whatever and wherever sites I am into, but I am just telling this guy that his complaint is way off and irrational. And I also noticed medyo presko bumanat sa ibang psoter but I think I wasted my time to this fool.

I apologise to fellow posters here...I rest my case...

donmar
06-08-2007, 11:05 AM
"Originally Posted by ros

Show our opponent what Filipino fighting spirit is all about...

filipino spirit is about womanizing, drinking, and not giving a damn about economic success in terms of national achievement goals...thats why these days you find a lot of fil-can, fil-ams (me! :D ), fil-euros, etc.

dont worry the spirit continues, should we lose in the 1st round all we gotta do is womanize the winners ladies, we do better in bed than on the court anyways...condom not included

I agree!!.. and if we do fail to make it through the next round and the Olympics then we don't have to scrap the current basketball program but instead carry on for the 2010 FIBA World Championships and the 2012 Olympic Games... and keep thinking positive and don't stop dreaming... coz we will make it there no matter what!

vladski
06-08-2007, 11:20 AM
i guess it's also good to talk about th ecoaching staff of each team...

Mernks
06-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Any assessment about our Coach? Is he on the right track or still in the process of learning? I've read from one article that he hate to lose but he loves learning. I hope that he should stop learning now and apply what he has learned from the competition we have joined. Anybody can learn from their mistakes but we should stop making mistakes and be a better team now.

I hope that our coaching staff explore the weakness of other teams, like who is the "go to" guy of this team or who are the outside gunners so that we would know what kind of defense are we going to do. I still remember our game against Koreans in Busan, they really had a hard time scoring and limited their outside shooting but still won because of luck. It means that if we have a game plan, we can make it and it is the responsibility of the coach.

But anyway, I still believe with our team Go RP team :)

donmar
06-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Any assessment about our Coach? Is he on the right track or still in the process of learning? I've read from one article that he hate to lose but he loves learning. I hope that he should stop learning now and apply what he has learned from the competition we have joined. Anybody can learn from their mistakes but we should stop making mistakes and be a better team now.

I hope that our coaching staff explore the weakness of other teams, like who is the "go to" guy of this team or who are the outside gunners so that we would know what kind of defense are we going to do. I still remember our game against Koreans in Busan, they really had a hard time scoring and limited their outside shooting but still won because of luck. It means that if we have a game plan, we can make it and it is the responsibility of the coach.

But anyway, I still believe with our team Go RP team :)

For me the Head Coach is alright but we don't need three head coaches... having Chot Reyes is enough... we don't need Tim Cone or Jong Uichico... instead of them why not hire a defensive specialist coach, a rebounding specialist coach, a shooting specialist coach, etc...

d'dreamer
06-08-2007, 01:18 PM
FIBA Ranking

China is ranked highest at 11th and the Philippines second to last at 65th. The Philippines is only ranked ahead of Indonesia in this tourney.

Lebanon is No. 24 in the world, Korea 25, Qatar 26, Japan 28, Iran 37, Chinese Taipei 40, Saudi Arabia 41, Syria 43, India 46, Hong Kong 50, Kazakhstan and UAE tied at 56 and Jordan 61

The Philippines is the ultimate underdog and I'm excited to see some big upsets there. I mean, at least for the other countries who are participating because a win against the likes of Lebanon, Qatar, Japan and Chinese Taipei by the Philippines wont mean an upset for us.