Best Young Talents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Young Talents

Friends of mine in Spain talked to me about a supposed argentinian young talent from Atenas Cordoba who's played also in Real Madrid: Pablo Orlietti, 206 of '90...! Is it true? Is he a really excellent future champion? Moreover, from the same team of Atenas Cordoba, they spoke very well also about Eduardo Spalla and Bruno Barovero...appreciated opinions?
    Last thing: do You think Matjias Sandes will be soon ready to play in strong european teams like Tau, Real, ...?
    Thx in anticipation for the answers!

I wish I could say anything about Orlietti, Spalla and Barovero, but they played very little this season, so I can't really tell, although all three are in Argentinean youth NT's.

About Matías Sandes; getting to Tau will probably take him at least another season in LEB. His rights are owned by Tau, which lent him to Burgos this season, and he didn't really impress, although he didn't disappoint either. He's a 1,99 (6' 6 1/2'') SF who doesn't have a consistent jumper and isn't athletic enough, but compensates that with his good handling, and his excellent passing and post-up play (here in Argentina he used to play as PG and PF)

Comment

Which reminds me..
      How did Mainoldi this year?I didn't followed closely..
      "The next Scola" seem to be underdeveloped.In this stage of his career he should have been playing for a better team in a better level.
      Secondly,what are the plans with Nocedal for the next season?
      Ive heard rumours about him going to be loaned for a LEB team already next season..

Comment

Originally posted by Manu Ginobili
        Which reminds me..
        How did Mainoldi this year?I didn't followed closely..
        "The next Scola" seem to be underdeveloped.In this stage of his career he should have been playing for a better team in a better level.
        Mainoldi played this season por Lleida in LEB:

10,1 points - 52% 2p - 42% 3P - 49% overall FG - 72% 1P - 6 rebs - 0,5 steals - 1 TO - in around 25 mpg.

He hasn't developed yet, at least not as expected. But that shouldn't panic us, he is still young. And this season was a big improvement for him, since last year he had similar numbers in LEB2. He is a much different player from Scola; i'd say he's more or a Bargnani or Garbajosa type (i mean their style of play)

Comment

Really?I remember him from the U-21 world champs where he seemed to be a sort of Scola type of player.I remember people always compared him to Scola.
          A really aggresive guy,getting into foul trouble quickly like Scola,good rebounder.
          But if you so..

Comment

Originally posted by Manu Ginobili
            Really?I remember him from the U-21 world champs where he seemed to be a sort of Scola type of player.I remember people always compared him to Scola.
            A really aggresive guy,getting into foul trouble quickly like Scola,good rebounder.
            But if you so..
            You could be right. We haven't seen much from him in Argentina, since he left at age 16 and he played that U21 championship and four NT matches last year. Anyway, I mentioned Garbajosa and Bargnani because he seemed more of a mid-range shooter (and he has good 3P range now) than a low-post scorer.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information