The FIBA gathering in Poland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FIBA gathering in Poland

I thought there was a FIBA gathering in Poland this last weekend but FIBAs homepage give no information about the matters discussed -anyone with any info about said meeting?
    Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

The only decision made was about the EC for women?

I was kinda hoping for a decision about the European Cup(s) and its format.
    Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Comment

Something more about this news I didnt see any news on Polish site, and on any Polish board

Comment

Looks like it was very secret gathering
        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Maybe this gathering was about Turow Zgorzelec, because ULEB say NO, and Turow cannot play ULEB Cup games in other country (Liberec - Czech Rep.).

Judit Mari - ULEB director said that Turow must play in Poland, no in other country.
          Source: http://www.sport.pl/sport/1,78992,4131433.html

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
            Maybe this gathering was about Turow Zgorzelec, because ULEB say NO, and Turow cannot play ULEB Cup games in other country (Liberec - Czech Rep.).

Judit Mari - ULEB director said that Turow must play in Poland, no in other country.
            Source: http://www.sport.pl/sport/1,78992,4131433.html
            This was some sort of FIBA meeting -not ULEB, and as far as I understand it, it was supposed to be about the European cups structure for the upcoming season, the competition formula to be more exact.

Comment

Our national federation announced on their site that there was a meeting:
              -Fiba Europe will from now on pay insurance fee for all players playing in europe, so national federations will have to pay fees only for NBAers, or players in some other leagues not stationed in europe.

-Slovenian federation also proposed Fiba would add 10.000 € to any selection (U16, U18, U20 +same for women) to decrease the overall costs of those competitions for bball federations. And overally federations seemed pleased with that preposition, since Fiba has quite some mio € on their accounts that should be invested back in bball federations. Voting about that should take place within this year. (as far as I remember some people were saying each organisation of EC or WC means sth. like 10 mio € (or $?) profit for Fiba- and I definately agree Fiba should invest that back in basketball somehow)
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux
                Last FIBA news concerning ompetition format
                http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_qW6Hnl...FRmt3UjF0.html
                -Thank you so much for the update, it feel as if I have been searching like crazu to find the info you provided.

On the men’s club competition side, the commission will continue reviewing the structure of the EuroCup. Effective immediately, the EuroCup Challenge will discontinue.

One idea under consideration for the EuroCup is subsidizing participating teams in the competition.

The commission is exploring television contracts for both the EuroCup and the EuroLeague Women. In addition, a working group has been established to study the possibility of having national team games played during the season.
                I must say that I was surprised that they are going to discontinue the EuroCup Challenge, albeit it needed improvement in the worst of ways.

I also found it interesting to see that they are thinking about subsidizing teams, I am curious to know what criterias will be used if so, and if the idea, although altruistic, is even feasible?

Or is this just paying lipservice to smaller federations?

Comment

In interview 10 months ago FIBA Europe Secretary General Nar Zanolin said that their vision of club system was 2 tournaments: ULEB EL and FIBA Champion cup. Maybe decision to discontinue CC is result of ongoing talks between ULEB and FIBA
                  The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux
                    In interview 10 months ago FIBA Europe Secretary General Nar Zanolin said that their vision of club system was 2 tournaments: ULEB EL and FIBA Champion cup. Maybe decision to discontinue CC is result of ongoing talks between ULEB and FIBA
                    But the EuroCup Challenge, surely, could not have been a competitor to ULEBs ULEB cup!

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information