PDA

View Full Version : Jovan Manović murdered

rikhardur
05-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Former Split player Jovan Manović was murdered yesterday by an unknown man who shot him near café Zodijak in Belgrade. The reasons for the murder are not known yet. According to the news agency Beta, Manović was sitting in a garden when a man parked his motorcycle and shot him five times in the chest and left in a Ducati motorcycle. Manović died instantly.
Near the café there's a bank and the police is hoping that the cameras of the building registered something.

elaj
05-10-2007, 07:29 PM
The guy even played few seasons here in Slovenia.

I was totally shocked when I heard about this. :eek: He was killed in bar named Zodijak in Belgrade. He was visiting his father Mihajlo Manović (also ex basketball player) who lives in Belgrade.

Jovan was shoot 9 times and not just 5, one bullet hit him right in his eye. His killer drove away on a bike with Zemun license plates. Considering his killer license plates there should be some underground business involved.

Over his career Jovan Manović played in Split (CRO), Helios Domžale (SLO), Kraski zidar (SLO), Ovarense (POR), Portugal Telecom (POR), Queluz (POR), Alkar Sinj (CRO), Dijon (FRA), Makedonikos Kozani (GRE) and his last stop was AS Prishtine (KOS).

RIP. :(

rikhardur
05-10-2007, 07:32 PM
He was shoot 9 times and not just 5, one bullet hit him right in his eye.
Good lord... I remember as well when he played in Portugal, quite a nice player. Shocking and odd.

Picek
05-10-2007, 07:50 PM
His killer drove away on a bike with Zemun license plates.

this is the most important thing, Zemun mafia is one of the strongest mafia clans on Balkan..obviously he did something to them..
but who knows what..
he was in Split few days ago..
RIP

theblackswans
05-11-2007, 10:59 PM
I see another sensless murder of a basketball player in Serbia. Haris Brckic's killer has never been found as well, I am correct?

I understand Belgrade and Serbia is gangsters paradise. Is there a connection between these two?

I don't see basketball players being murdered any else in the balkans. I know that alot of the players agents and influences in the balkans is based out of Belgrade. Beobasket etc...

Haris Brckic does anyone know the story behind his death? I heard it may have been about a girl? Wasn't he leaving practice when he was killed?

This too, is sad it seems unfortunate for sure.

I always root that Serbian culture will catch up to it's basketball...

Peace

elaj
05-12-2007, 03:18 PM
According to some press I read today the bar Zodijak which Jovan Manović was visiting is a popular place where people related to mafia and underground are spending their free time. There is a big possibility that the murderer confused Manović in a rush with some other guy.

rikhardur
05-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Fatal mistake... :/

theblackswans
05-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Fatal mistake... :/

The Zemun crime gang is still very strong with a lot of connections still within Serbian government and MUP and Police.

I don't think it would be a mistake, these people are professionals. Usually you would guess he crossed someone, money or a girl.

It is similar to Haris Brkic murder. Some said it was because he was a muslim but I also heard it wa over a girl. No one was ever charged I believe.

Any news on either one?

elaj
05-12-2007, 08:40 PM
The Zemun crime gang is still very strong with a lot of connections still within Serbian government and MUP and Police.

I don't think it would be a mistake, these people are professionals. Usually you would guess he crossed someone, money or a girl.

It is similar to Haris Brkic murder. Some said it was because he was a muslim but I also heard it wa over a girl. No one was ever charged I believe.

Any news on either one?
Considering the murderer had an accident during his escape (150m away from the shooting) from the crime scene (he didn't drive carefully) and decided to leave his bike (which was ofcourse stolen) and run away by foot, could be a mistake like Serbian and Croatian press writes these days. :rolleyes:

Anyway, we probably will never know what was it about.

Jovan Manović was never arrested for any kind of criminal acts, neither he had a ticket.

AlbionGate
09-27-2008, 06:57 PM
There is a big possibility that the murderer confused Manović in a rush with some other guy.

Yes, in the café was also sitting a close friend of a controversial businessman Andrija Draskovic who is famous in Serbia for being linked to murder attempt.

AlbionGate
09-27-2008, 07:01 PM

Any news on either one?

Manovic murder was a mistake, but for Haris Brkic, the gossip is that he was the target because when he was playing in Buducnost Podgorica, he had a car accident in which a child was injured and later died. That's the reason he left Buducnost and joined Partizan.

Khalid80
09-28-2008, 08:48 PM
That's horrible news. RIP and condolences to his family
I hope they find out the criminal/s who did this and severely punish whoever is responsible for this.

AlbionGate
10-03-2008, 12:14 PM
2 guys were sentenced to 20 years in prison for Manovic murder. He wasn't the target.