2007 Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Nt

I know there was plenty of talking about Lith NT but i think it's worth to start new theme since summer is coming up and the news about players participation are even more important. About current news:

Jasikevicius (he said he's IN- i'm sure he'll play)
    Siskauskas (there was an interview (in winter) and he said he's going to play IF COACH WILL INVITE HIM
    Kaukenas (there was an interview and he said he would like to play, but i'm not sure about him, but i'm surely want him to play for NT)
    Songaila (Wizards dont want let him play, but he said YES!)
    Macijauskas (there was an interview and he said 'I'll see, now- starting to play is most important thing for me')
    Ilgauskas (he will not come- 99%)
    K. and D. Lavrinovic (i dont read any thoughts from them, but since they are healthy i have no doubt they will play)
    Javtokas (sure he'll play )
    Jasaitis (dont have any information- but i think he'll play)
    Slanina (???)

If you have any information so please post it here.

And leading candidates for NT imho is: Jankunas, Maciulis, Seibutis
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

oh!!! i forgot KLEIZA imho, he'll be important player in Spain.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Looks like you will have very strong team (again). It's nice to see, because Spain and Greece won't dominate so much and it will be more competitive championship. I must say I will be cheering for you, especially because Slovenia will have poor team in Spain and will probably be out of competition soon.
      "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

if javtokas will play then the championship is yours

Comment

Laugh as much as you like, cause i know we will be the ones laughing at the end
          ________
          butt Webcams
          Last edited by pablonis; 08-14-2011, 03:14 AM.

Comment

I remember Javtokas playing very well in 2004 olimpics. He's better than PAO fans thinks, and defensive player always useful. so surely Javtokas will lead us to the finals

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward
              I remember Javtokas playing very well in 2004 olimpics. He's better than PAO fans thinks, and defensive player always useful. so surely Javtokas will lead us to the finals
              I think there are enough players in Lithuanian NT who can lead us to a final, but i am 100% it will not be Javtokas to be important for us so much.

ok NT, what do we have:

Choach: Ramunas Butautas - not very good and not very bad chois - won WC with junior NT, but has no experience with men on high lvl, Kazlauskas (my opinion the best lithuanian coach ever) for example became NT coach after wining euroleague... So only time will show.

PG - Jasikevicius, noone knows what level he will be after a year sitting on a bench, but i believe in him, he is very experienced and he knows how much his carier belong on his goog game in that EC, so i think he will be more quiet and more concentrated on a game.
              PG - Seibutis, was progresing very fast, yes i know he was playing SG in Greece, but he can play PG, he was doing that with juniors and was doing well. We need one more PG to give a rest to Jasikevicius and course Kaukenas is more SG he can help us.
              PG/SG - Kaukenas, he is called PG, but when i saw how he plays he is more shooting guard, very good player. The only problem can be if he will play to individualisticly.
              SG - Macijauskas, if Jasikevicius and other teammates will play with him there will be no problem, if he will need to create something by himself we will have problems, we saw it during last WC. He need someone to make him a pass.
              SG/SF - Siskauskas - gods give him strenght ... If he will play his level other teams will have very big problems.
              SG/SF - Maciulis, was progresing so fast... Good shooting, strength and i didnt see such fighter for very long time in Lithuanian basketball.
              SF - Jasaitis, good shooter and will make our bench deeper, week place is that he is week in 1on1 game, so not very useful against strong defence.
              SF/F - Kleiza, was growing very fast, i think he will be very good help - good shooting, strength, and "anger". Have problems with a falls.
              F - Songaila, experienced and very stable player, he will give us strength near a basket. Have problems with a falls too.
              F - Ksistof Lavrinovic, he will be good bench, if PG will play well, he will be dangerous, if he will have to do something alone we will have 3p shooting contest (mostly unsuccessful).
              C - Darjus Lavrinovic, i think he will be our main center and will give a lot of trouble to other teams, his game belong on PG game, but less when his brother game.
              C - Javtokas, i don't like this player (lithuanian player who trow free throws~40% ), but we need one more center to give rest to Darjus and just in case. And course Ilgauskas will not play he is the only one left.

So view is giving a lot of hopes, but some worries too.

Comment

you forgot Slanina. i think we need this guy, he had good season in Eurolegue. Seibutis is definitely SG or even SF. He cant be PG. Even Sireika when he had big problems with PG in 2006 summer, doesnt even thought about Seibutis like a PG.

About Javtokas, i was a bit ironical saying that he will lead us to the finals. Sure, he will not be so important, but surely he'll be useful since there is no hope to see Ilgauskas in NT.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward
                  you forgot Slanina. i think we need this guy, he had good season in Eurolegue. Seibutis is definitely SG or even SF. He cant be PG. Even Sireika when he had big problems with PG in 2006 summer, doesnt even thought about Seibutis like a PG.
                  No i didn't forget Slanina, he is a good player, but he is getting older and he wont be very important player in our team, so i think we need to do some decidions and invest in to a young players in such case.

Comment

I don't see a reason why to take Slanina.
                    He is one trick pony.
                    And this NT don't need his shooting because there will be Jasikevicius, Macijauskas (?), Siskauskas, Kaukenas (?), Jasaitis who are very capable and probably better shooters.
                    There is no chance that he will get big minutes in a game and we all remember how he was unhappy then he didn't get his minutes.
                    This team screams for perimeter defenders - I think Salenga would be perfect pick but shame that he wasn't invited.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashtrusis_dantis
                      Kazlauskas (my opinion the best lithuanian coach ever) for example became NT coach after wining euroleague... So only time will show.
                      Kazlauskas became the head coach of the national team in 1996, just after Garastas retired from the position after the Atlanta Olympics. That's yet three years till winning the Euroleague with Žalgiris.

Comment

Saras season is over! USA media confirmed that he's going to NT after some rest

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas
                          Kazlauskas became the head coach of the national team in 1996, just after Garastas retired from the position after the Atlanta Olympics. That's yet three years till winning the Euroleague with Žalgiris.
                          Yes my mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Basketball GOD
                            I don't see a reason why to take Slanina.
                            This team screams for perimeter defenders - I think Salenga would be perfect pick but shame that he wasn't invited.
                            this is a tricky one... who to pick... jomantas or salenga.... hm... salenga is more of a swingman, but jomantas could dribble and he's used to doing that in junior NT. from a defence standpoint they both are good enough, but with last year's story i'd go with jomantas
                            People don't come with instruction manuals, that's why to figure them out, you have to press their buttons...

Comment

Šiškauskas confirmed once again that he is going to join Lith NT this summer in an interview to "Kauno diena" daily
                              One day the tides will turn
                              One day the fields will burn
                              One day the seas will churn
                              The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information