• International Junior Tournament

Anyone knows what is going there?
    the format and the games?

any good players?

Originally posted by KokkinosVasilias
    Anyone knows what is going there?
    the format and the games?

any good players?
    The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

Comment

I didnt know that also Prokom play in this tournament...

Comment

FMP-Olympiakos 85-42

FMP will be in the final of this tournament and i am sure they are the biggest favourites to win it. I think we will see a final FMP vs. Zalgiris here.

Comment

Žalgiris' youngster Donatas Motiejūnas scored 22 points, had 10 rebounds and 3 assists in a win against Maccabi.
          One day the tides will turn
          One day the fields will burn
          One day the seas will churn
          The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

In the first day of action, a fairly weak CSKA squad squeaked by Montepaschi Siena 50-47, the extraordinarily deep and talented FMP obliterated Olimpiacos 85-42, Zalgiris ran over Maccabi 80-59, and Cibona beat Prokom 77-59.

Some of the more intriguing prospects seen in day one include:

Donatas Motiejunas (Zalgiris)- Showed a nice combination of athleticism and skills both facing and with his back to the basket. Hit the offensive glass hard, ran the court well, and did a good job showing off his leaping ability.

Zygimantas Janavicius (Zalgiris)- Created plenty of offense off the dribble both for himself and his teammates by utilizing his excellent first step and will for getting into the paint. One of the more fiery and aggressive players seen here so far.

Maxim Zakharov (CSKA Moscow)
            - Not the most productive player in day one, but showed some nice flashes of potential putting the ball in the floor, spinning into the paint, knocking down shots, finding the open man and utilizing his athleticism.

Milan Macvan (FMP)- The best player here by far, Macvan could be helping out a lot of senior teams in Europe right now with his outstanding combination of skills. Has great hands, terrific passing ability, range out to the 3-point line, and an outstanding feel for the game. Not a big time NBA prospect at this point due to his mediocre athletic ability, but a fantastic basketball player regardless.

Filip Covic (FMP)- Created plenty of offense getting into the paint and wreaking havoc on the defense, showed great quickness and did an excellent job finding the open man in transition. On the small side, and not a great shooter.
            Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/

Comment

Zalgiris have won three group matches by 35,7 points on average. the bigest threat, Cibona, lost to Zalgiris by 50 points.

in the other group FMP beat everybody by 21,3 points on average.
              CSKA did not reach the final this year.

so we basically have two teams in the Euroleague Final - Zalgiris dancers and our kids
              stop russia

Comment

Tomorrow will be final: Zalgiris vs. FMP.

In their last game Zalgiris won against Cibona juniors by 50 points(96:46)! Although this time bench players playd more then Zalgiris leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by Basket_
                  Tomorrow will be final: Zalgiris vs. FMP.

In their last game Zalgiris won against Cibona juniors by 50 points(96:46)! Although this time bench players playd more then Zalgiris leaders.
                  Go Zalgiris!!!
                  Your time is up my time is now,
                  you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Comment

Originally posted by T.W.Is.M.
                    Go Zalgiris!!!
                    Zalgiris won 78:74. The lead was at 60:41 at one point.

this trophy is second for Zalgiris (first one in 2003), who have appeared in the final four times since 2003. without a doubt, this is the best Zalgiris junior team yet (ok, let it be imho )

k
                    stop russia

Comment

Congrats to the Zalgiris boys for their quality playing. Cepukaitis showed his talent and Motiejunas would have been perfect had he been more efficient from the free throw line.

Hope they represent a great future for the Euroleague and European basketball in general.

Comment

Congrats to Žalgiris.
                        Junior tournament ended up as expected, I was only surprised that CSKA didn't bring a stronger team sinc in the past they were dominating...

Anyway this FMP's team has some good future, Macvan should be in the senior team next season, while Musli and some others are barely 16 years old.

For the next season I'd like to see those players in Žalgiris as their 10th, 11th, 12th players... could be better to give them a chance than to buy some uninterested foreigners...
                        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
                          Congrats to Žalgiris.
                          Junior tournament ended up as expected, I was only surprised that CSKA didn't bring a stronger team sinc in the past they were dominating...

Anyway this FMP's team has some good future, Macvan should be in the senior team next season, while Musli and some others are barely 16 years old.

For the next season I'd like to see those players in Žalgiris as their 10th, 11th, 12th players... could be better to give them a chance than to buy some uninterested foreigners...
                          FMP had to much Turnover. But still Zalgiris was the better team and had more expierienced players. The players with the most talent from FMP were younger then 89, beside Macvan (which is also born at the end of 89) and Covic. But Covic is not a great prospect IMO. He is small and has a bad shoot. But seems to be a great passer. Musli and Dekic are born in 91. Subotic on the 27 december 1990 and they are the players which the most talent with Macvan. Dekic for example is still 15. Will turn 16 in August.

But the team of Zalgiris has some very nice players and one of the bests of the 89 generation in europe. And Montijenuas is one of the best of the 90 generation. Very good prospect.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information