Kambala suspended for 14 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kambala suspended for 14 months

Kaspars Kambala has been suspended by FIBA for 14 months after a positive anti-doping control in December last year. He alledgedly had taken cocaine.
    The ban, initially of two years, but reduced since the Disciplinary Committee believes Kambala had taken somes tablets to treat a psychological crisis, started on 13th December 2006 and will end on 12th February 2008. Kambala might appeal for the revision of the ban.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

As far as I could follow, he made a few very critical mistakes in his career, and this might be his biggest (and, possibly, last) one. He'll be 30 when the suspension is lifted. Sad.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Now I have a question - can he play in ULEB tournaments?

Comment

no - and that regardless of the fact that fiba and uleb just agreed on a tighter coporation on drug issues.
        i personally like kambala since his days in unlv when i still followed the ncaa. the guy clearly could have had a bigger impact in europe than he actually had. his size and post-up skills are unusuall in european scale. 90% of his underachivments lays in his head and i don't mean that he didn't work hard enough (might be true though) - the skills he posses are good enough as it is, he just should've been wiser in maximizing his (and his team!) outcome with it.

Comment

The details of the decision: http://www.fiba.com/downloads/v3_exp...n_KKambala.pdf
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by ziv
            no - and that regardless of the fact that fiba and uleb just agreed on a tighter coporation on drug issues.
            i personally like kambala since his days in unlv when i still followed the ncaa. the guy clearly could have had a bigger impact in europe than he actually had. his size and post-up skills are unusuall in european scale. 90% of his underachivments lays in his head and i don't mean that he didn't work hard enough (might be true though) - the skills he posses are good enough as it is, he just should've been wiser in maximizing his (and his team!) outcome with it.
            Well said, Kambala could achieve more, he could play in NBA now but he wanted fame and money fast, later he chose clubs because of payroll not because of their competition strenght, finally he rejected Latvian NT and when he again started to shine in Euroleague- drugs and disqualification. Sad, really sad.
            It's a common problem with Latvian youngsters, they are not motivated, not working hard enough. When I see the same age Lithuanian guys in early age our players are as good as they are, they play in different tournaments each against other cause we are neighbour countries. But when they grow up, Lithuanians play aggresive, tough, mature basketball but Latvians fail. Of course there are some who work hard but mostly they just think that they'll succede without working hard, that everything is given for them.

Comment

Looks like he's more than ready to comeback I surely wouldn't want to mess with him

Artificial Nature

Comment

Wow, he surely has slimmed but he still looks mean as hell I can't say the same about the dude he is fighting at the photo though. Look at all that fat flapping about. He never stood a chance...
                The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

omg, and i wondered where does the beast spirit come from, lol.

well, he is a great player nevertheless.

Comment

The return of Kambala!

He is back

Can`t wait to see him back on the (basketball) courts. I wish to see him in the Spanish ACB league.
                    Last edited by jugoplastika; 12-13-2008, 04:44 PM.
                    sigpic
                    ACB league
                    Scola & Ginobili 4 life
                    TAU & Lakers supporter
                    need4sheed.com

Comment

First game after the suspension playing for ASK Riga in the VTB League: 15 points + 8 rebounds. Pretty good
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

Yeah, Kas offensively was pretty decent today. We gotta keep in mind that he hasn't played basketball for 2 years and today he had very tough opponent - CSKA...
                        BTW, why nowhere can be found topic for that tournament in Moscow?!

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                          First game after the suspension playing for ASK Riga in the VTB League: 15 points + 8 rebounds. Pretty good
                          his haircutt was better before suspension
                          but it was a good game by him, he and Šundov mallested CSKA frontcourt during the whole game.. basicly did whatever they wanted..

btw. he really learned something during his boxing time..
                          he put Planinić to sleep with his elbow..
                          Last edited by Picek; 12-20-2008, 05:56 PM.
                          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Get Rich Or Die Playin View Post
                            BTW, why nowhere can be found topic for that tournament in Moscow?!
                            In IBN you mean? It's here: http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=8433
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                              My bad, didn't see it

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information