PDA

View Full Version : Marco Belinelli declares for NBA Draft

stuart
04-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Belinelli makes himself eligible for the 2007 NBA Draft... what do you guys think? From CNN/SI (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/04/26/belinelli.draft/index.html)

Italian guard available in NBA Draft
BOLOGNA, Italy (Ticker) - Climamio Bologna guard Marco Belinelli has declared himself available for the NBA Draft.

Almost a year after Andrea Bargnani decided to leave Benetton Treviso, the 21-year-old Belinelli has decided it's to join him. Bargnani was picked first overall by the Toronto Raptors.

Belinelli, a key man in Carlo Recalcati's Italy squad at last year's FIBA World Championship, has submitted a letter ahead of the April 28 deadline.

The draft will be held on June 28.

Belinelli has averaged 17.8 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists for the Italian club this season.

Picek
04-26-2007, 09:09 PM
it's a joke right?
he is having a horrible season and playing in the NBA won't do anything good for him if you ask me..
he will just f**k up his entire career with it..

Manu Ginobili
04-26-2007, 09:54 PM
All I can say is that I recommend every player to run away from this draft if he can.
This year's draft will be so strong,even Rudy can become only a second round pick finally.
All the circumstances says Belineli should declare next year,so I just dont get it.
Maybe he plans to only check his current status and if its not so good then pull out his name from the draft and declare next year.

rikhardur
04-26-2007, 10:02 PM
It might as well be another case of a player who goes to the NBA not duly prepared. It may not happen, but the odds are not those unfortunately. Don't complain afterwards Belinelli.

BBallfanJ
04-26-2007, 10:52 PM
it's a joke right?
he is having a horrible season and playing in the NBA won't do anything good for him if you ask me..
he will just f**k up his entire career with it..

18 PPG equals horrible?:confused:

Picek
04-27-2007, 03:28 AM
18 PPG equals horrible?:confused:
he is making 16,5 PPG in lega, but look at Climamio?
he is a sherif there and he is leading them nowhere..
so those 16,5 PPG doesn't mean much..

rikhardur
04-27-2007, 08:24 PM
ITA - Belinelli focus on Italy, not NBA
BOLOGNA (Lega A) - Climamio Bologna guard Marco Belinelli is keeping his feet firmly on the ground despite declaring himself available for the NBA draft.

"I am not thinking about the NBA right now, it's the last thing on my mind," said the 21-year-old Belinelli.

"And I will not think about it until the end of the season.

"I had to respect the deadline set for the end of April to declare myself available for the draft.

"I will only decide at the last minute if I feel ready to go through with it or postpone it until next year."

Belinelli has averaged 17.8 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists for the Italian club this season.

However, his performances have not been sufficient to help the struggling Bologna side mount a challenge for a place in the play-offs.

Bologna slipped to an 81-66 home defeat to Benetton Treviso on Wednesday, a result that leaves them 12th in Lega A with three games remaining in the regular season.

Belinelli, who is expected to play for Italy at this summer's EuroBasket, was even booed by a section of the Bologna fans after their latest loss.

"I am not angry with the fans," Belinelli said.

"I understand their frustration and their anger."
http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/18911/arti.html

Nemesis 11 (aka Sabas 11)
04-27-2007, 11:26 PM
I don't know why people complain about him declaring. He is averaging close to 20ppg in the strong Italian league and has already shown in WC 2006 that he can play with the best of players. This year's draft has a lot of talented big men (which is rare) but not many SG and PG prospects so his chances of getting noticed are good. He is an excellent shooter and a great athlete too. If you have a chance to be an instant millionaire, why not take it?

Levenspiel
04-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Can someone compare Bellinelli's chances in NBA with respect to J.J Redick's?

(I've watched both very few times, I might be wrong but they remind me of each other very much.)

SK rulez
04-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Can someone compare Bellinelli's chances in NBA with respect to J.J Redick's?

(I've watched both very few times, I might be wrong but they remind me of each other very much.)
Redick is better pure shooter, Belinelli is better in shooting from the screens. And Belinelli is better athlete. He can do well, he can come back to Europe soon. It depends from the team where he will go.