Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBL 2006 Playoff Semifinals

Alba Berlin - Eisbären Bremerhaven 91:68
    Topscorers Berlin: Greene 23pts, Price 13pts (4ast)
    Topscorers Bremerhaven: Fenn 17pts (10rbds, 2bs), Wallace 17pts (7rbds, 4ast)

Series 1-0 for Berlin

GHP Bamberg - RheinEnergie Cologne 83:79 OT
    Topscorers Bamberg: Phelps 18pts (4rbds, 4ast), Ensminger 18pts (8rbds, 3ast, 2bs)
    Topscorers Cologne: McGowan 20pts, Jordan 15pts (4rbds, 4ast)

Series 1-0 for Bamberg

RheinEnergie Cologne - GHP Bamberg 65:49
    Topscorers Cologne: Nadjfeji 17pts (6rbds), Ivory 16pts (3ast)
    Topscorers Bamberg: Hamann 13pts, Phelps 13pts (5rbds, 3ast)

Series tied 1-1

Eisbären Bremerhaven - Alba Berlin 87:85
    Topscorers Bremerhaven: Jacobson 25pts (5rbds), Fenn 18pts (5rbds), Wallace 18pts (8rbds, 5ast, 5st, 5 TO)
    Topscorers Berlin: Stanojevic 21pts (9rbds), Greene 14pts, Prive 14pts (8 TO, 4ast)

Series tied 1-1

Comment

Alba Berlin - Eisbären Bremerhaven 93:89
      Topscorers Berlin: Greene 23pts (4 TO), Stanojevic 20pts (5rbds, 4 TO, 2bs)
      Topscorers Bremerhaven: Fenn 19pts (8rbds), Wallace 17pts (9rbds, 3st)

Series 2-1 for Berlin

GHP Bamberg - RheinEnergie Cologne 87:58
      Topscorers Bamberg: Phelps 16pts (3ast), Garrett 14pts
      Topscorers Cologne: McGowan 23pts (4rbds), Ivory 8pts

Series 2-1 for Bamberg

Comment

RheinEnergie Cologne - GHP Bamberg 69:66
        Topscorers Cologne: Nadjfeji 20pts (7rbds), McGowan 17pts (6rbds)
        Topscorers Bamberg: Begley 21pts, Phelps 14pts

Series tied 2-2. Cologne won despite a 3-game suspension for McElroy for pushing Chris Ensminger in game 3. Game 5 will be played in Bamberg now.

Eisbären Bremerhaven - Alba Berlin 82:95
        Topscorers Bremerhaven: Jacobson 28pts (4rbds), Jones 18pts (6ast, 5st)
        Topscorers Berlin: Price 25pts (5ast), Lollis 13pts (14rbds, 4ast)

Series 3-1 for Berlin, Berlin advances to the Finals. Alba won the match but lost league MVP Jovo Stanojevic with a (serious ?) knee injury. If he misses the rest of the Playoffs like it looks atm this is gonna be a huge problem for Berlin in the Finals, both against Bamberg or Cologne.

Comment

Originally posted by Trifilli
          Series 3-1 for Berlin, Berlin advances to the Finals. Alba won the match but lost league MVP Jovo Stanojevic with a (serious ?) knee injury. If he misses the rest of the Playoffs like it looks atm this is gonna be a huge problem for Berlin in the Finals, both against Bamberg or Cologne.
          Now it is official: The season is over for Jovo Stanojevic because of a cruciate ligament rupture, the injury is as bad as it looked in the beginning. This is gonna be a problem for Alba in the Finals.

Comment

wow.
            man i expect a full coverage of the last 15 seconds (at least...). as i said elsewhere - i was taught not to shoot a 3 when you're in a need for 2 but apperntly garret missed this lesson because he was working his 3pt shoot...
            damn. a video - of course would be great.

Comment

Hit the road, Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more...

GHP Bamberg - RheinEnergie Cologne 68:69
              Topscorers Bamberg: Garrett 20pts, Hamann 13pts (4 TO)
              Topscorers Cologne: Jordan 19pts (8ast, 6rbds), Nadjfeji 15pts (5 TO, 4rbds)

Series 3-2 for Cologne, Cologne advances to the Finals. Garrett kept Bamberg alive in the crunchtime and brought them ahead 68-66, but Nadjfeji killed Bamberg with the series-winning triple. Huge win for Cologne without McElroy, Bambergs reign lasted only for one year. Next season either Cologne or Berlin will play in the Euroleague.

Comment

Sasaaaaaaaaaa Nadjfeji hits the Three Point Buzzer for the win, 68-69. Köln advances to the Finals and will face Alba. Thank you Sasa
                Former Bonn palyers never forget how Bamberg behaved in the Quarterfinals. Sweet revenge.

P.s.: The BBL Community page will have a short clip about the game on its page,hope they include the Buzzer. http://www.basketball4u.de/staticsit...pmenu=inactive

Every year a new Champion in Germany
                "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

Well the finish was awesome. A guy sent me some clips. Garrett sank a huge three from the corner 5 seconds from time. Ivory then caught the inbound after the timeout at about halfcourt, ran with speed at Phelps while Nadjfeji dropped behind the three-point-line. Nahar, defending Nadjfeji, moved over to stop Ivory's penetration, but didn't execute the double team aggressively enough to cut off the passing lane to the open Nadjfeji. Archibong was late on the rotation, so Nadjfeji had a relatively open three to win the game. Well executed, but also badly defended, I think. Bad decison. Phelps was actually in front of Ivory, so let Ivory hit a runner or a difficult layup over Phelps to force the game into OT. If it falls, it's a great shot and you have 5 more minutes. But giving the open three to Nadjfeji in the vanishing seconds is not a good thing.

And I love the fact, that Sasha Nadjfeji is the guy who sank the buzzerbeater for Cologne. I mean, who deserves it more than this down to earth, excellent sportsman and rocksolid player with great feel for the game and outstanding allround-abilities?
                  I think he's the key to success for Cologne, not McElroy, McGowan or anyone else.

Cologne will now face Berlin in the finals. As mentioned by Trifilli above, ALBA is without Stanojevic and Mamic(definite), Penberthy is still unsure. Might play a game or two. For Cologne, McElroy will come back after Game 2.

Comment

A definite surprise for me, that Cologne has advanced to the BBL finals!
                    Thank you, Dan Majerle, for posting a link to the video cap of the end of this game. Have been searching for it all night long

Actually, the winning shot is not on the highlight video!!! How can it be? Who did the highlights compilation?
                    Does someone have a link to the aforementioned scene?
                    burnstein

Comment

Don't know whether or not there exists a clip of the gamewinner on the net.
                      I got one sent in by a friend. Bad quality though.
                      But if you're interested, send me your Email-Address via PM.

Comment

For those who haven't seen it yet, here is Nadjfeji's Triple in the waning seconds of Game 5.

Comment

Originally posted by robbe
                          For those who haven't seen it yet, here is Nadjfeji's Triple in the waning seconds of Game 5.
                          Big thanks for the link.
                          What a terribly defended pick&pop, nobody rotated, brrrr.....
                          Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information