Your favorite type of player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite type of player?

What's your favorite type of player in terms of position, skills, height, mentality, attitude, etc?

My favorite type of player is the tall to very tall player, normally power forwards and centres, but not just any. I usually like power forwards with above average mobility, who can run the floor and have a decent 3-point percentage. Bargnani, who I have started to admire very much indeed, fits this description perfectly, as well as Nowitzki, Kukoč, etc.
    As for centres, I don't really like the "pure" type of centre, i.e., a player that rebounds good enough, intimidates and scores easy baskets in the low post. I tend to admire centres that can shoot from the outside with effectiveness (also 3-pointers), that have reasonable mobility and coordination and that can dish now and then. Sabonis, of course, is the typical example, even in what height is concerned, since I like very tall centres. Of course an imposing presence is also important, but that's very subjective in my case, since I don't like Shaq, but I like Sofo. And that's also when the mentality and attitude come up, if a player has a selfish or arrogant attitude, I generally don't like him, no matter how skilled and good he is.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

As a bball fan that grew up watching dominating SGs like MJ,

Drazen and Galis it is normal to admire players of this kind.

From modern players Navarro's style of playing is quite close to my taste.

Comment

The TRUE big man-MoMalone, Kareem, Wilt, Bill Russell, Shaq, Tim Duncan...
      I hate all those 7 footers who are too afraid to play real bball and shoot 3 balls like little p-s.
      Outside those I love undersized bigmans-Wes Unseld, Ben Wallace, Rodman, Barkley, . If we talk about perimeter players-clutch, with big ego(doesnt afraid to take over) and great 1on1 players, also if they are athletic I like them even more.
      I also like guys with personalty on and of the court-Mutombo, DDawkins, Magic, Bird, Sir Charles...
      47-70
      76-58

Comment

Mike Bibby type of player
        sigpic

Comment

My favorite kind of player is small forward, shooting guard (actually i dislike all the centers including Sabonis a priori). He should be sharp shooter, constant 3s and driving to the basket skills. At the same time he must have problems with determination, not very confident in what he is doing. His season must have ups and downs. The one that can lead its team to the title, or the one that could ruin everything. Awesome. If he is good at flopping that's an advantage too.

I kinda like Stojakovic.

Comment

I like small forwards, who can also play in PF position. They can score from outside, can drive to the basket, and are strong physically, so that they can defend against taller opponents. Two best examples - Mindaugas Timinskas (remember his dunk against David Andersen?) and Jonas Mačiulis.
            Last edited by sashikas; 04-15-2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I like players that have superior basketball IQ, good passing skills and do whatever helps thier team.
              My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

A true point guard. Like a more athletic John Stockton. I used to love Edgar Padilla back in the day and though he would have gone farther.

Jason Kidd before he beat his wife.
                Bobby Hurley back in college before the accident.

Though, now I like KG (obviously not a PG). I like a good non-selfish.player.

Comment

Originally posted by Czarkazem13
                  A true point guard. Like a more athletic John Stockton. I used to love Edgar Padilla back in the day and though he would have gone farther.

Jason Kidd before he beat his wife.
                  Bobby Hurley back in college before the accident.

Though, now I like KG (obviously not a PG). I like a good non-selfish.player.
                  Edgar who?

damn, I thought no one remmebered him
                  sigpic

Comment

Personally, I always root for the small-but-thick inside players (like Charles Barkley). They give me that David vs Goliath feeling.

But if I had to pick, i'll always choose the pass-first, pass-second, pass-third, shoot-fourth PGs like Pepe Sánchez; and I'll always love to have 5 players that can shoot threes at any time. It really makes things harder for defenses.

Comment

I like tall players which have a high basketball intellegance, which can shoot three-pointers and which have a great personality like Dirk Nowitzki or Antoine Walker.
                      Darko Miličić and Predrag Stojaković 4-ever!!!

Comment

I like floor general pg's most, absolute leaders, such as Naumoski, Bodiroga, Rivers, etc. Though they're not so dominant, I also like Papaloukas, Arroyo, Prigioni, Edney, etc.
                        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by -K2-
                          Edgar who?

damn, I thought no one remmebered him
                          Lol. What ever happened to him? And for that matter, Carmelo Travieso?

Comment

Mine are the hot and sexy wnba and ncaa players but not the manly ones.
                            Alrighty then! Take care now, bye bye then.

Comment

Conrad Mc Rae-Marcus Haislip.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information