Michael Beasley in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Beasley in Europe

Ok, I highly doubt it, but with Bob Huggins leaving K-State and K-State refusing to let any of the players that Huggins recruited from their National Letters of Intent. Since the NBA won't let 18-year-old adults make a living at basketball and if he wants to play at another college he would have to sit out a year, some articles have now popped up with the possibility of him going to Europe.

In one article:

States:
    Originally posted by Theo Rabinowitz
    Beasley could be the first prep player to end up playing overseas for his year out of high school, and there's reason to believe he could make upwards of a million dollars or more playing for a team in Spain or Italy. Beasley has a man's body despite being just 18 years of age, his game is extremely advanced.
    The other incoming freshman and returning player Bill Walker - close friend of USC recruit OJ Mayo - will also have to sit out a year if he wants to leave.

Originally posted by Czarkazem13
    Ok, I highly doubt it, but with Bob Huggins leaving K-State and K-State refusing to let any of the players that Huggins recruited from their National Letters of Intent. Since the NBA won't let 18-year-old adults make a living at basketball and if he wants to play at another college he would have to sit out a year, some articles have now popped up with the possibility of him going to Europe.

In one article:

States:

The other incoming freshman and returning player Bill Walker - close friend of USC recruit OJ Mayo - will also have to sit out a year if he wants to leave.
    This kid is one of the top prospects for the 2008 draft. It would be nice to seem him in europe in a euroleague team.

Comment

The question is whether these kids are ready to play some limited minutes in Euroleague. After all they have no slightest idea how basketball is actually played (in Europe). If they go to college - they are stars, kings of the world. In Europe it will be totally different story.

Comment

Originally posted by C02
        The question is whether these kids are ready to play some limited minutes in Euroleague. After all they have no slightest idea how basketball is actually played (in Europe). If they go to college - they are stars, kings of the world. In Europe it will be totally different story.
        I have no doubt that on the right European team Beasley would excel.
        Last edited by Czarkazem13; 04-07-2007, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Like what team ?

Comment

Originally posted by C02
            I think you make a good point, a lot of these guys think that they'll come in and get a lot of minutes. I don't think it's a stretch that Beasley et al will also think they will dominate -- though some may have the skills to do so, the culture of senority and earning your way in europe is something they might not be expecting.

Stuart
            http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
            http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
            http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by C02
              Like what team ?
              A lower lever EL team (or ULEB). What, you want specifics?

Comment

A lower lever EL team (or ULEB). What, you want specifics?
                No, it's just I thought you might be forgetting we are talking about a number with 6 zeros here and it looks like you were.

Comment

Originally posted by C02
                  No, it's just I thought you might be forgetting we are talking about a number with 6 zeros here and it looks like you were.
                  Oh, I meant a team he could succeed with, as far as the millions I would be surprised he if were to get that offer right away. Only if a big budget team feels he is worth it, I don't see it. But he is a very talented gifted athlete with good skills. He most likely would have been a straight-to-NBA player if it wasn't for the NBA limiting adults from working for them.

Comment

it wouold be a nice experiment... especially with a player coming from a "lack of fundamentals" system such as HS to europe, where fundamentals are practicaly everything... I doubt it, he'll stay in college, considering every US player needs a season or two to get over the differences (read Messina's blog about it, you'll find it in russian forum) I think this guy intends to be in NBA in a year, while he definately doesn't need any antipromotion with it, like being labeled as "bust-ed" in europe which just might happen due to all differences within the game...
                    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

I would like to see him in europe and it's better competition than the ncaa. It made players out of Udonis Haslem and Anthony Parker. I think he would be babied less in the euroleague than the ncaa and would be better for it.
                      Alrighty then! Take care now, bye bye then.

Comment

Education > Euro League

Well ehm...I always wondered about this and looks like its happening...I think its more important for these players to go to college, for more than one reason. I mean they at least need to be able to count how much money they have in their wallets in the future
                        "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

They will struggle in Europe with the physicality and style of play. The NBA is less physical nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin
                            I would like to see him in europe and it's better competition than the ncaa. It made players out of Udonis Haslem and Anthony Parker. I think he would be babied less in the euroleague than the ncaa and would be better for it.
                            I don't think NBA prospects are babied in th NCAA. For example, Greg Oden, who was whistled everytime he touched anyone for the entire year.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information