PDA

View Full Version : Day 5 Group B: Nigeria - Brazil

judasmartel
08-14-2016, 04:53 AM
Africa vs South America. Winner of this match has a chance to advance to the next round, but it's no guarantee because this group has been the craziest since a certain Olympic year when there were FIVE TEAMS tied at 3-2.

Brazil is expected to win at home but do not discount the gritty Nigerians just yet.

Beez
08-15-2016, 11:59 AM
All the pressure on Brazil in this one. How will they handle it?

R1ou
08-15-2016, 12:05 PM
Nigeria with +10,somehow.

Dtown
08-15-2016, 12:32 PM
If this were a neutral site I'd take Nigeria but I think homecourt gives Brazil a slight edge.

Silent Killer
08-15-2016, 01:49 PM
Brazil got this..

Beez
08-15-2016, 05:29 PM
When Ibekwe is on the court, Nigeria is as good as anyone in group B. Unfortunately, he's consistently in foul trouble.

HeinrichMohr
08-15-2016, 06:15 PM
Brazil will get this in one way or the other.

Picek
08-15-2016, 06:39 PM
Brazil will get this in one way or the other.not so sure about it.
they are choking heavily.
come on Brasil..

CHBB
08-15-2016, 06:42 PM
That's at least the third time the Celtics commentator went to a split-screen plug during important game action!

They seriously need to change this awful commentating lineup. Just atrocious.

HeinrichMohr
08-15-2016, 06:46 PM
not so sure about it.
they are choking heavily.
come on Brasil..

Yeah, though now the offensive rebounds are boosting them up.

CHBB
08-15-2016, 06:48 PM
This is exactly why Nene pisses me off. He can do that whoever he wants but he barely ever tries.

Beez
08-15-2016, 06:51 PM
Against Croatia, every Nigerian player looked like Russell Westbrook. Today, not so much. Brazil has matched their athleticism.

CHBB
08-15-2016, 06:54 PM
Against Croatia, every Nigerian player looked like Russell Westbrook. Today, not so much. Brazil has matched their athleticism. That's exactly why I want them to face us.

And Benite can seriously play. I could definitely see him in an NBA uniform one day.

Picek
08-15-2016, 06:59 PM
thank you Brasil.

it will be interesting to watch Spain - Argentina, brasilians rooting for Argentina as only win by Argentina takes them through.

Dtown
08-15-2016, 06:59 PM
So the Brazilians have to root for Argentina next... That's got to suck.

usagre
08-15-2016, 10:06 PM
That's exactly why I want them to face us.

And Benite can seriously play. I could definitely see him in an NBA uniform one day.

I like him too. He dominated last summer at the Pan Am games.

guilherme.rcf
08-16-2016, 12:42 AM
This is exactly why Nene pisses me off. He can do that whoever he wants but he barely ever tries.

Worse than that, neither the teammates or Magnano realized that in this Olympic Games. Instead of giving him the ball when it was needed, everybody tried to win the games by their own.

Marquinhos pissed me the most.

Raulzinho, the point guard that unlearned how to play basketball after one NBA season, comes right next.

guilherme.rcf
08-16-2016, 12:45 AM
I am really disapointed and sad guys. There is no more excuses for this team (bunch). There are no more arguments for the brazilians basketball fans. The haters won.

usagre
08-16-2016, 12:58 AM
I am really disapointed and sad guys. There is no more excuses for this team (bunch). There are no more arguments for the brazilians basketball fans. The haters won.

The Splitter and Varejao injuries hurt. I would have loved to see what affect Varejao who plays with great passion would have had with that crowd behind him.

Picek
08-16-2016, 01:07 AM

haters being football fans or?

CHBB
08-16-2016, 01:13 AM
At the end of the day Neto, Benite, Caboclo, Felicio, and Lima is a nice foundation to have going forward.

guilherme.rcf
08-16-2016, 04:29 PM
haters being football fans or?

People that don't closely follow any other sport but football and make the criticism based only in results.

And as we became a volleyball powehouse in the last decades, basketball has been left aside.

So you can only hear about basketball in Brasil when the national team loses. And it happened a lot in the last years even with the Magnano's improvement that gave us some hope.

guilherme.rcf
08-16-2016, 04:33 PM
The Splitter and Varejao injuries hurt. I would have loved to see what affect Varejao who plays with great passion would have had with that crowd behind him.

For sure. And Splitter's above average basketball IQ would have helped. Huertas is a way better player when assisting Splitter also.

Picek
08-16-2016, 04:41 PM
People that don't closely follow any other sport but football and make the criticism based only in results.

And as we became a volleyball powehouse in the last decades, basketball has been left aside.

So you can only hear about basketball in Brasil when the national team loses. And it happened a lot in the last years even with the Magnano's improvement that gave us some hope.we have the same thing here.
football number one by far even if they haven't done anything spectacular for almost 20 years, for an average croatian it is enough that we have players playing in worlds best clubs.
any success by basketball team (for example eurobasket 2013. semis) is easily forgotten.
and over the last 20 years that we are missing any kind of medal in basketball handball has stepped up and is sport number two in Croatia.

unfortunately I know how you feel, just stick with it. it will happen sooner or later.

guilherme.rcf
08-16-2016, 04:43 PM
Wel. it seems that i can't keep myself mad at basketball for more than 24 hours. My 10 months old daughter at school today: