PDA

View Full Version : Worst coach of the tournament

Picek
08-11-2016, 10:36 PM
Try to elaborate your vote.

CoachZ
08-11-2016, 10:39 PM

So far, it's a tie between Djordjevic and Scariolo. By beating Serbia, Collet is out of my doghouse.

Djordjevic I have explained many times, his shortcomings and mistakes. So I will just go with Scariolo. This a very poorly put together team, in terms of roster. Navarro is not supposed to be the second SG, they can't defend and he wants to ride Pau to a medal again. Bad playbook, even worse motivation of the players. So for me, it's a close one between him and Djordjevic so far.

Maybe add a poll, there are 12 coaches only. You can do it.

Picek
08-11-2016, 10:40 PM
poll is available.

for me it was between Collet and Scariolo.
Scariolo won it. probably the only thing he won so far on this tournament.
Spanish players look like basketball stars in Space Jam when their talent is hijacked.
kudos to Scariolo.

CHBB
08-11-2016, 10:44 PM
poll is available.

for me it was between Collet and Scariolo.
Scariolo won it. probably the only thing he won so far on this tournament.
Spanish players look like basketball stars in Space Jam when their talent is hijacked.
kudos to Scariolo. Comment of the day by far.

Have to agree on the choice.

Mr Chacho
08-11-2016, 10:54 PM
Scariolo has won 3 European chamiponships...

If he can, I also can!!!

Picek
08-11-2016, 10:58 PM
Scariolo has won 3 European chamiponships...

If he can, I also can!!!
not everyone can drive a Ferrari, while waiting for Scariolo to show us that again take a look at this:

oHTXYbtXx44

raph
08-12-2016, 09:22 AM
At this time and considering how embarrassing team chemistry looked for them, i don't see how no one mentions the american coach. Watching them is just watching a bunch of stars jacking a three or driving to the basket one after the other.

SashKX
08-12-2016, 09:27 AM
At this time and considering how embarrassing team chemistry looked for them, i don't see how no one mentions the american coach. Watching them is just watching a bunch of stars jacking a three or driving to the basket one after the other.

It would probably be considered blasphemy by many to go after Coach K, but you are right about everything. Still, for me this is between Djordjevic and Scariolo, and despite how much I hate Djordjevic for everything he has done this summer, I ended up going with Scariolo cause Spain looks even worse than we do right now.

Sakkreth
08-12-2016, 10:09 AM
We are so lucky to have Kazlauskas. That's all I can say.

Steadysoul
08-12-2016, 01:33 PM

I mean they've been winning so it's working.

BiHBasket
08-12-2016, 01:38 PM
My vote goes for Brazil coach. They play worst basketball in the tournament.

usagre
08-12-2016, 01:43 PM

It amazes me how we've reached the point that results don't matter anymore because they are a given.
Funny how that embarrassing team chemistry resulted in a win against a team that beat two supposed European powerhouses relatively easily.

CHBB
08-12-2016, 02:01 PM
At this time and considering how embarrassing team chemistry looked for them, i don't see how no one mentions the american coach. Watching them is just watching a bunch of stars jacking a three or driving to the basket one after the other. You can't put that on the coach. Some of these guys have proven in the NBA to be uncoachable. Unfortunately, our selection for the national team has become a popularity contest yet again.

Steadysoul
08-12-2016, 02:07 PM
You can't put that on the coach. Some of these guys have proven in the NBA to be uncoachable. Unfortunately, our selection for the national team has become a popularity contest yet again.

that's blaming the wrong thing. There really isn't a lot of continuity with Team USA like most National teams. So the type of chemistry that builds over time never really happens.

CHBB
08-12-2016, 02:22 PM
that's blaming the wrong thing. There really isn't a lot of continuity with Team USA like most National teams. So the type of chemistry that builds over time never really happens. Has literally nothin to do with anything. Draymond, Lowry, and Butler all seem to play the game the right way just fine despite this "lack of continuity".

Our starters are overrated primadonnas. Time to face facts on that. Cousins is the only one I actually respect as a competitor.

Steadysoul
08-12-2016, 02:24 PM
Has literally nothin to do with anything. Draymond, Lowry, and Butler all seem to play the game the right way just fine despite this "lack of continuity".

Our starters are overrated primadonnas. Time to face facts on that. Cousins is the only one I actually respect as a competitor.

I didn't say they would be terrible but I don't hold it against a team that is always so different.
Also shocked that Boogie isn't the uncoachable player you were referring to.

CHBB
08-12-2016, 02:36 PM
I didn't say they would be terrible but I don't hold it against a team that is always so different.
Also shocked that Boogie isn't the uncoachable player you were referring to. They play literally the exact same way no matter what team they're on or what the situation.

Cousins is a Barkley type of problem. He plays angry, and he doesn't have tact or diplomacy. Fact is given how dominant he has proven to be, he should be getting the ball plenty down there yet isn't. That's always the type of player idiots who don't know basketball single out as the problem, rather than his primadonna teammates. In Cleveland it's Kevin Love and Delly and was Waiters before him. In Indiana it was Lance. You can go down the line. Give him CP3 as a point guard and see how much his demeanor changes, well other than when he gets a call he doesn't like.

usagre
08-12-2016, 02:41 PM

It's simple it has to be all about the bottom line. And Scariolo and Djordjevic at 1-2 have underachieved.

interxavierxxx
08-12-2016, 02:43 PM
I've stated this years back: Coach K is a good coach, not a God that everyone tries to perceive him to be. Team USA is unbeatable because of its players' individual talent, not system. It's basically just drive and kick.

CHBB
08-12-2016, 02:49 PM
I've stated this years back: Coach K is a good coach, not a God that everyone tries to perceive him to be. Team USA is unbeatable because of its players' individual talent, not system. It's basically just drive and kick. I agree with this. However, what he does is get everybody to buy in at least a little bit. He knows the players well enough to know what their role can be, and he manages personalities. The fact that he got Melo to buy in to playing his role and not being a black hole on offense is nothing short of a miracle.

miloje
08-12-2016, 03:09 PM
dont know who is worst but i know only aco petrovic is one of us - forum users :D, since he regulary posts on one croatian sport forum even now from rio

Steadysoul
08-12-2016, 03:33 PM
They play literally the exact same way no matter what team they're on or what the situation.

Cousins is a Barkley type of problem. He plays angry, and he doesn't have tact or diplomacy. Fact is given how dominant he has proven to be, he should be getting the ball plenty down there yet isn't. That's always the type of player idiots who don't know basketball single out as the problem, rather than his primadonna teammates. In Cleveland it's Kevin Love and Delly and was Waiters before him. In Indiana it was Lance. You can go down the line. Give him CP3 as a point guard and see how much his demeanor changes, well other than when he gets a call he doesn't like.

Paired with the disaster that has been the Kings FO his entire time in the league it's amazing he has truly snapped.

Picek
08-13-2016, 08:24 PM
My vote goes for Brazil coach. They play worst basketball in the tournament.thumbs up.
Magnano has been neglected by many, me included.
forgeting Barbosa on the bench was only on him.

CoachZ
08-13-2016, 08:35 PM
thumbs up.
Magnano has been neglected by many, me included.
forgeting Barbosa on the bench was only on him.

He didn't forget him. Barbosa had 4 early fouls and he had to be out most of the game + he was terrible in the beginning of the game.

Raze Lupin
08-13-2016, 08:48 PM

I do not know all the coaches well enough to make a decision. I only know 6 coaches. The same ones most everyone knows. I can't make a decision like that. Does anyone know the Chinese coach?

CHBB
08-13-2016, 09:01 PM
I want to give this to the coach of Team Brazil but honesty he has no choice but to start lazy players who he can't be guaranteed will give any kind of real effort game in and game out. Otherwise he can't be guaranteed that his high-energy bench players will give energy as starters. So he pretty much has to hope and pray his starters can either make up for it offensively or not get his team in too big a hole that his bench players can't dig themselves out of it.

So Spain it is.

Raze Lupin
08-13-2016, 09:01 PM
It amazes me how we've reached the point that results don't matter anymore because they are a given.
Funny how that embarrassing team chemistry resulted in a win against a team that beat two supposed European powerhouses relatively easily.

^THIS^ USA is still winning and have won. Yet all many people have done is yawn, negatively criticize wins. They hold USA to some bizarre higher standard that ignores results i.e. WINS! GOLD MEDALS!

that's blaming the wrong thing. There really isn't a lot of continuity with Team USA like most National teams. So the type of chemistry that builds over time never really happens.

I disagree! There is continuity is USA national teams. They have strong pool of players that have played in either world cup competition or Olympic competition. Many have played for team USA since youth. This particular 16' USA team is the weakest in that continuity. This is because many of these players did not make previous final rosters yet all have been associated with Team USA in the past. Team USA continuity is strong.

guilherme.rcf
08-13-2016, 11:21 PM
It has to be Magnano. Brazil played like an U17 team today.

I bet that he wont receive a contract renovation offer after the olympics.

Then some weak brazilian will take over the coach spot and we gonna go back to the late 90s level of playing when we couldnt beat South Korea.

Picek
08-13-2016, 11:35 PM
We are so lucky to have Kazlauskas. That's all I can say.
how do you feel about him now?

Mr Chacho
08-13-2016, 11:44 PM
Scariolo is the best!!! PRESIDENT, PRESIDENT, PRESIDENT!!!!

Mr Scariolo lololololololololololololol

Can i change my nickname to Mr Scariolo? :rolleyes:

HeinrichMohr
08-13-2016, 11:54 PM
Scariolo is the best!!! PRESIDENT, PRESIDENT, PRESIDENT!!!!

Mr Scariolo lololololololololololololol

Can i change my nickname to Mr Scariolo? :rolleyes:

Ugh.. better stay loyal to Señor Chacho.

Mindozas
08-14-2016, 12:21 PM

Can't say about Sakkreth, but I still feel the same - we are lucky to have him all these years. If not his efforts, most likely we wouldn't be in Olympics at all. One shiity game can't erase all the work he have done with NT, and you can't blame it all on coach, moreover since nothing is lost yet

LDK
08-14-2016, 12:54 PM

Ask us tommorow

Picek
08-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Ask us tommorowyou can ask me the same about Petrović :p

although, loss to Nigeria was partly also on him...
first he failed in psychological aspect of the team and second, he lost control of the game in the second quarter and especially in the third quarter when we actually lost the game.
throughout his coaching career "easier" games were a bit of a problem for him.

good thing about the upcoming game against Lithuania is this:
jHAclPsVaXY

always enjoying watching this..

we don't have a Teletović type of player on our team but I expect our team to be fired up from the beginning.

Obina
08-14-2016, 04:34 PM
Can't say about Sakkreth, but I still feel the same - we are lucky to have him all these years. If not his efforts, most likely we wouldn't be in Olympics at all. One shiity game can't erase all the work he have done with NT, and you can't blame it all on coach, moreover since nothing is lost yet

I agree with you. IMO Kazlauskas is doing a great job with NT.

Ltu has better results than real quality of team, so far. Very good coach.

Arsonist
08-14-2016, 04:58 PM
Ruben Magnano vote Yesterday the game several times for not making some vital changes that could have helped Brazil to close win and close the game but fell asleep and expensive payment

usagre
08-16-2016, 12:50 AM
Now that pool play is over its gotta be Magnano. Playing at home you have to figure out a way to get your team in the top 4 of the group. His tenure in Brazil has to be categorized as a disappointment.

Bruno Díaz es Batman
08-16-2016, 01:19 AM
Collet by far.

Bruno Díaz es Batman
08-17-2016, 07:22 PM
This survey is a shame.

Scariolo fucked Collet again.

CHBB
08-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Collet. France embarrassed themselves in this tournament.

juxtepuas
08-17-2016, 07:32 PM
All coaches want to be as "bad" as Scariolo. Mike Krzyzewski will be the next one.

Mr Chacho
08-17-2016, 08:46 PM
Scariolo is not Obradovic, but he is the first in the votation 13 votes above Coach K... Really forum interbasket???

ThePeraCar
08-17-2016, 09:13 PM
Scariolo is not Obradovic, but he is the first in the votation 13 votes above Coach K... Really forum interbasket???

this theard was open after 3rd game in group or something

Mr Chacho
08-17-2016, 09:52 PM
this theard was open after 3rd game in group or something

The poll had to be open after the tournament ends, no at the start.