PDA

View Full Version : Group A Day 3: Serbia vs. France

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 05:26 PM
The tank game. Battle for the 4th spot in the group :D :D :D

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 05:36 PM
We just ran 3 different lineups in 1 QTR in the Olympics. Before that for month and a half of OQT and prep games we have ran the same lineups and more or less the same time split :D :D :D

Good time to experiment and find the right lineup :D :D :D This dude has to get fired, even if the gets the gold by some miracle. Fucking moron as a coach...

R1ou
08-10-2016, 05:42 PM
We just ran 3 different lineups in 1 QTR in the Olympics. Before that for month and a half of OQT and prep games we have ran the same lineups and more or less the same time split :D :D :D

Good time to experiment and find the right lineup :D :D :D This dude has to get fired, even if the gets the gold by some miracle. Fucking moron as a coach...

CoachZ,who do you prefer at the quarters?

Pretty bad game until now.

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 05:45 PM
CoachZ,who do you prefer at the quarters?

Pretty bad game until now.

Obviously Croatia. That is by far the easiest matchup for us. I would like to avoid Lithuania and Brazil.

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Stimac vs Gobert :D :D :D

Has anyone told Gobert that Stimajuwon will have no mercy on him :D :D :D

usagre
08-10-2016, 05:47 PM
What the hell is Jokic doing ? 4 fouls ?

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 05:49 PM
What the hell is Jokic doing ? 4 fouls ?

He is out since Belgrade OQT and the preps with France. He is not there mentally and is playing like shit. He is also given zero room for his qualities to shine. Djordjevic has managed to make him a non factor :D

usagre
08-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Stimac is the Serbian version of Javale McGhee but without the athleticism.

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 05:54 PM

I always take pity on him. It's not classy to make fun of retarded people like Stimac :D

Lietuvis
08-10-2016, 05:57 PM
Any online links to game?

usagre
08-10-2016, 06:01 PM
40-36 France at half. Very weird first half. France jumps out 20-4 Batum draining threes, Serbia closes 32-20 Bogdanovic has the stroke going. Very sloppy ball handling and passing by France has prohibited them from a double digit lead at the break.

Dreamcatcher
08-10-2016, 06:02 PM
It looks more like a friendly game.

Obina
Let's be serious.

Does we all agree that Stimac is the worst C on the world and Bircevic the worst PF? :D

vivo

Search "TRT Spor" channel. They air it live in Turkey and must have a web stream too

Dacho88Nk
Question - who prefers to lose? ;) ;) ;)

Link for game:

maxtv.ml
fromsport.com

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 06:03 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36674664
If you have a VPN

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 06:06 PM
Let's be serious.

Does we all agree that Stimac is the worst C on the world and Bircevic the worst PF? :D

I was trying to figure this out for a very long time and this is what I have come to:

- Bircevic is fucking Djordjevic. That is 100% sure. That dude can't play for Ergonom :D
- Stimac is a big publicity stunt by the Paraolympics lobby. They are trying to prove that Parathletes can compete with regular ones :D

selcuky
08-10-2016, 06:08 PM

What is left then? :)

R1ou
08-10-2016, 06:08 PM
He is out since Belgrade OQT and the preps with France. He is not there mentally and is playing like shit. He is also given zero room for his qualities to shine. Djordjevic has managed to make him a non factor :D

Yeah I agree Bircevic does not inspire the players.I can't imagine the posts there for his stupidity with Marjanovic and how he had Bjelica for granted and eventually he ended up with a Hakeemir Stimajuwon,Bircennet and Macvan.

Raze Lupin
08-10-2016, 06:12 PM

hahahahaha Love this comment!!

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 06:13 PM
What is left then? :)

- Uncanny post moves
- Triple Pump Fake
- The best towel wave from the bench in the Olympics

Enough for the gold :D

Raze Lupin
08-10-2016, 06:17 PM
what is Macvan thinking?? Is it just me or is Parker outplaying Teo??

Raze Lupin
08-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Did ya'll see that low post to perimeter pass by France!?? DeColo for 3!

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 06:20 PM
Look at the springs on Macvan! Pure athleticism :D

Raze Lupin
08-10-2016, 06:23 PM
I HATE that European/international half court foul!! It vexes me so!! :mad:

reamily
08-10-2016, 06:24 PM

But like Javale, Stimac would still be our top bigman if he played in the far east:cool:

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 06:27 PM
Who says we don't have a rim protector :D :D :D CoachZ is full of shit!

Teodosic just manhandling Gobert on defense in the post :D :D :D

Raze Lupin
08-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Prediction: If France does not go on a run at the end of the 3rd then Serbia will win!

Raze Lupin
08-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Who says we don't have a rim protector :D :D :D CoachZ is full of shit!

Teodosic just manhandling Gobert on defense in the post :D :D :D

Serbs got this!!

Raze Lupin
08-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Serbia just won in the 3rd!!

Obina
08-10-2016, 06:36 PM
Simonovic on fire. :D

R1ou
08-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Pure shit French team this year.They all have mentallity issues.

Raze Lupin
08-10-2016, 06:40 PM
Pure shit French team this year.They all have mentallity issues.

Agreed! its like they do not care.

saritasbora
08-10-2016, 06:42 PM
Stimac is the man

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 06:42 PM
Stimajuwon!!!!!

Ahahahahahhahhahahah

Raze Lupin
08-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Radu is too STRONG!!!

Raze Lupin
08-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Bogdi pass was too strong! Smiri se bre Bogdi!!

Modis
08-10-2016, 06:52 PM
Raduljica is really good so far in this Olympics.

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 06:54 PM

So far he has been a monster in all 3 games that were played. He has been the best center in Rio so far. Even with his shitty defense :D

Obina
08-10-2016, 06:57 PM

Raduljica is always good in NT. Something like Kalnietis. :D

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 06:59 PM
C'mon Djordjevic, find a way to lose this PLEASE! :D

Hepcat
08-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Well that's why Djordjevic called a timeout with 1:18 to play. You saw the result.

:eek:

Obina
Fuck yeah!

Tony Parker !! :D

saritasbora
lol teodosic single handedly lost the game

reamily
08-10-2016, 07:03 PM
See that final sequence, it shows to you how important this game for this 2 teams to lose:cool:

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 07:03 PM
HHAHAHAHAHA!

This is the happiest I have been to see us lose ever :D :D :D

This the for the best. Bogdanovic again chokes. Fuck that guy, he needs a shrink.

Raze Lupin
08-10-2016, 07:04 PM
Tony Parker!!!!!!

madmax
C'mon Djordjevic, find a way to lose this PLEASE! :D

he did find a way eventually...:D France can send a thanksgiving gift to serbian team for all their choking at the end:cool:

Lyonswim
What actually happend after 75:70 for Serbia?
Can somebody explain it to me.

turk-jugoslav
Very simple mistakes by Serbia. You deserve the defeat when you make so simple mistakes. I don't like French team duento Heurtel and De Colo, I was supporting Serbia for this game, these mistakes were very bad.

CoachZ
lol teodosic single handedly lost the game

How? By missing a 3 pointer???? WTF u talking about. He played well all game, so many assists, no turnovers almost. He played well, even though the shot was not perfect.

Bogdanovic lost this game in the clutch and shitty rebounding in the last quarter.

reamily
08-10-2016, 07:05 PM
What actually happend after 75:70 for Serbia?
Can somebody explain it to me.
closing out games..

Raze Lupin
Why do you want to lose??

raph
Hard to believe Serbia played to win this game but considering how horrible we are defensively (even Gobert who is running everywhere and is blowing our team defense many times), especially our bench, we will take this win.

I just hope for Serbia that they are not too overconfident for their future 1/4 final...

usagre
HHAHAHAHAHA!

This is the happiest I have been to see us lose ever :D :D :D

This the for the best. Bogdanovic again chokes. Fuck that guy, he needs a shrink.

Did you see Teodosic wide open calling for the ball ? And when he finally saw him and tried to get it there long arms of Gobert deflected it.

CHBB
Wow. France with the win.

Both France and Brazil have had comeback games to beat top teams. End of the day they're the two most athletic teams after the US. They can beat anybody if they play up to their capabilities.

Jazz
08-10-2016, 07:06 PM
How? By missing a 3 pointer???? WTF u talking about. He played well all game, so many assists, no turnovers almost. He played well, even though the shot was not perfect.

Bogdanovic lost this game in the clutch and shitty rebounding in the last quarter.

Don't forget, on Interbasket everything is Teodosic's fault! :D

CoachZ
he did find a way eventually...:D France can send a thanksgiving gift to serbian team for all their choking at the end:cool:

I am the happiest I have been since the OQT :D

We are going to be 4th in the group. We will play Lith or Argentina probably in the 1/4 and no USA until the final. That is as close as you can get to a good fortune and draw :D

ncjazz
Serbia has any offense besides pick and rolls? I would have had Nedovic in there instead of Markovic. At least you would have more shooting.

Raze Lupin

Agreed! He is a BEAST!

ncjazz

We are going to be 4th in the group. We will play Lith or Argentina probably in the 1/4 and no USA until the final. That is as close as you can get to a good fortune and draw :D

What if Aussies beat USA tonight? :)

saritasbora
08-10-2016, 07:07 PM

he missed all the crucial shots at the end of the game

AiwiTo
08-10-2016, 07:07 PM
Very good results, if we finish 1st, Serbia is the best option to play in the quarters. Much better than France which causes many problems for our NT. Just beat Argentina,Croatia and game versus Spain doesn't matter, we are 1st! Then Sergia, Australia(?) and the first OG final (?), would be awesome. Anyway, still loooong way to go, but i like our chances.

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Why do you want to lose??

Because if we beat France we will be 3rd in the group. That means playing second team from Group B and then Team USA in Semis. If we are 4th, then no USA until the final. Also Argentina or Lithuania is not that bad deal from Group B (most probably one of them will top the group).

Sakkreth
This ending :D

And lol at that France alley-oop attempt at the end with 5 seconds left. Hold on to the ball idiots :D
Wish Serbia made that shot due to that boneheaded alley-oop :D

Raze Lupin

Oh so you wish to avoid USA. Why not beat France now and lose later to get 4th place?

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 07:09 PM
he missed all the crucial shots at the end of the game

He took one shot in the last 4 minutes. :D :D :D

Which game did you watch...

Raze Lupin
08-10-2016, 07:09 PM
This ending :D

And lol at that France alley-oop attempt at the end with 5 seconds left. Hold on to the ball idiots :D
Wish Serbia made that shot due to that boneheaded alley-oop :D

That was so dumb!! Also France was missing alley-opps all agme. Did they even want to win??

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Oh so you wish to avoid USA. Why not beat France now and lose later to get 4th place?

Because if we beat France we will be 3rd even if we lose China. Both us and France will have 2-3 and we will be ahead due to the win :D

Hepcat
08-10-2016, 07:10 PM

We are going to be 4th in the group.

You realize of course that if Serbia finds a way to lose to China as well there's a very good chance the team won't make the playoffs.

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 07:12 PM
You realize of course that if Serbia finds a way to lose to China as well there's a very good chance the team won't make the playoffs.

Yep. I am fine with that. If they lose to China, they can fuck themselves and go play Cricket. :D :D :D

This is the best possible scenario after that Australia loss. We have a tough game in 1/4 but winnable vs Lith or Arg and then Aus vs B3 in the Semis.

AiwiTo
08-10-2016, 07:14 PM

If i good remember, it would not be first time in OG in this century for Serbia to lose to China :))

China now needs to beat Venezuela today and Serbia in last round. Very slim chances, even for China to beat Venezuela today. But it is still possible.

Hepcat
08-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Yep. I am fine with that. If they lose to China, they can fuck themselves and go play Cricket. :D :D :D

Maybe they can ask the U.S. team for tips on the best brothels/massage parlours in Rio.

;)

saritasbora
08-10-2016, 07:15 PM
He took one shot in the last 4 minutes. :D :D :D

Which game did you watch...

Lol are you drunk or sthg?

madmax
08-10-2016, 07:16 PM

well, that's the serbian logic for you:D
I personally don't believe in any of these manipulations, as they are more than likely to bite you in the ass at the end.

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 07:21 PM
well, that's the serbian logic for you:D
I personally don't believe in any of these manipulations, as they are more than likely to bite you in the ass at the end.

See my post. it's impossible to get the 4th place if we win France. The only way for that to happen is by France beating USA.

AiwiTo
08-10-2016, 07:22 PM

This is the best possible scenario after that Australia loss. We have a tough game in 1/4 but winnable vs Lith or Arg and then Aus vs B3 in the Semis.

You are very very optimistic about Lithuania or Argentina to be 1st. They have better chances now, but if Spain wins all 3 games, Croatia wins over Nigeria,Lithuania and loses to Brasil, Lithuania wins over Argentina, Argentina wins over Brasil, and Brasil wins over Nigeria, it will be 5 teams with 3-2 each. In that group you can't make such predictions.

It is big shame if any of France/Serbia tried to lose. From some moments it looked like that, but it is shame for the fans, all Olympics and for everybody who watched the game.

Who choose opponents always find a way too lose. From this perspective, i hope both these teams will lose in QT.

reamily
08-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Tanking is two ways, if one did it and other did not, shame on the doer, if the two teams tried to then no one did..:cool:

CHBB
08-10-2016, 07:30 PM
That was so dumb!! Also France was missing alley-opps all agme. Did they even want to win?? Them and Brazil are exactly like the worst of our US players. They have that "show off" and "we'll get em next time" mindset. France is lucky Serbia seems to be out of rhythm shooting. Australia, too. If those shots go in routinely then this is a completely different game and Serbia is undefeated. Hell same with Spain, especially yesterday. If Pau hits those two free throws we'd be talking about "Will Brazil ever get their shit together?" today instead.

unnamed
08-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Sometimes you just need to play with the brain. I was cheering for us to lose, I have to admit. I'd rather play both Spain quarter-final and Australia(or team from other group) semi-final then just USA in semi-final because we simply wont win a medal in that case. If we lose to China then we should go home and everyone will say we're fools, but if we manage to win against those other teams in knock-out rounds then this loss will be presented as tactical masterpiece :D

Picek
08-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Tanking is two ways, if one did it and other did not, shame on the doer, if the two teams tried to then no one did..:cool:tanking with two games left?
only an idiot would do that, imo.

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 07:36 PM
You are very very optimistic about Lithuania or Argentina to be 1st. They have better chances now, but if Spain wins all 3 games, Croatia wins over Nigeria,Lithuania and loses to Brasil, Lithuania wins over Argentina, Argentina wins over Brasil, and Brasil wins over Nigeria, it will be 5 teams with 3-2 each. In that group you can't make such predictions.

It is big shame if any of France/Serbia tried to lose. From some moments it looked like that, but it is shame for the fans, all Olympics and for everybody who watched the game.

Who choose opponents always find a way too lose. From this perspective, i hope both these teams will lose in QT.

Actually what you are predicting is way more complicated than Argentina or Lith winning 2 out of 3 and being 1st and our opponent in the 1/4. That is more likely to happen. You expect so many games to go a certain way. For my scenario, one of the two teams needs to win 2 out of 3. I am fine with that. It's not like I am super happy with Arg or Lith. I would love Croatia the most to be honest.

Regarding, finding a way to lose. Well there is no real evidence to support that it happens often. Many teams play games in the group, Spain is notorious for that, other teams have done it too. For some it pays off, for others it doesn't.

Dacho88Nk
08-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Djordjevic is a crazy man :)

In the quarterfinals - Lithuania, Argentina, Brazil or Croatia - it does not matter. Engine starts.

Obina
08-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Joke aside...

We are not on our maximum in this moment and that's it. In France we were the best team in the group stage and then sucked against Ltu.

For the different, on World Cup we played really bad on the start and won silver at the end.

Currently we have some lacks in paint but still have some chances for medal...

SashKX
08-10-2016, 07:52 PM
This was such a hard game to watch, didn't know if I should root for our team or not. I guess its good that we lost in the long run, but somehow I'm not happy about it, maybe I'm worried it will somehow backfire.
Also I don't know if they were trying to win this or not, I sure hope not because this was a terrible game.

wilhelm
08-10-2016, 07:53 PM
Damn you America and your boogeyman tactics. :D Jokes aside it didnt seem like either team was tanking today. It was an enjoyable game overall. Glad the blues won in the end but Serbia will only get better later on.Thats pretty much guaranteed

reamily
08-10-2016, 07:54 PM
tanking with two games left?
only an idiot would do that, imo.

yes, thats why i dont believe they tank, even if the next two games is very winnable and unwinnable

Jon_Koncak
08-10-2016, 08:02 PM
Both teams should be disqualified.Let Venezuela and China qualify..How many FIBA competitions in a row where there is at least a tanking match?That's disgusting.Untill they outright ban a tanking team this shameful tactic will never stop.

Reminds me of the badminton scandal in 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMqmKm6vsd0
The badminton federation had the guts to disqualify both teams

Picek
08-10-2016, 08:05 PM
yes, thats why i dont believe they tank, even if the next two games is very winnable and unwinnableSerbia had a stronger team in 2004. and they needed to win China to have an open road to the semifinals and finals.
they lost and didn't even qualify for the quarters.
that was the last time Serbia played at the olympics.
China did have Ming back then but that shows nothing should be taken for granted.
Serbia will be entering China game with three losses in a row so that should also be taken into consideration as a possible factor.
what if for example Teodosić or Raduljica get injured versus US?
what if, what if, what if.
so many things can go wrong.
China has no chance of advancing and maybe 1% chance of winning that game. but still.

reamily
08-10-2016, 08:08 PM
Serbia had a stronger team in 2004. and they needed to win China to have an open road to the semifinals and finals.
China did have Ming back then but that shows nothing should be taken for granted.
Serbia will be entering China game with three losses in a row so that should also be taken into consideration as a possible factor.
China has no chance of advancing and maybe 1% chance of winning that game. but still.

Yeah ball is round..

unnamed
08-10-2016, 08:12 PM
Serbia had a stronger team in 2004. and they needed to win China to have an open road to the semifinals and finals.

Simple. If we lose to China we are done with the tournament. If we win we stand better chances than if we won here. In chess they call this move gambit, however we shall see if its a worthwhile or not. In any case whenever Serbia participates some basketball tournament media and commoners expect a medal and lets face it if we bump on USA in 1/2 final we won't win a even a bronze because its a well known fact we lost each last match of the tournament in past 10 years or so

Ayrfon
08-10-2016, 08:15 PM
I think there is a catch with this "tanking" stuff...
If Venezuela wins tonight, which is expected... France may lose from 1 point up to 12 points against Venezuela and still take 4th place...

R1ou
08-10-2016, 08:21 PM
it if we bump on USA in 1/2 final we won't win a even a bronze because its a well known fact we lost each last match of the tournament in past 10 years or so

Greek team argues with this.They were 0/5 at semi-finals and 0/5 at bronze medal games at 90's.

How much time the game will be close,it'll depend on how much nervous will be the Serbs.Can see it somehow happening for a half,but still they'll probably want to step up and erase every kind of bad image they had created with the losses against France and Australia (and the margin with US).

reamily
08-10-2016, 08:29 PM
If Venezuela wins tonight, which is expected... France may lose from 1 point up to 12 points against Venezuela and still take 4th place...

So the jury is on France..

unnamed
08-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Greek team argues with this.They were 0/5 at semi-finals and 0/5 at bronze medal games at 90's.

How much time the game will be close,it'll depend on how much nervous will be the Serbs.Can see it somehow happening for a half,but still they'll probably want to step up and erase every kind of bad image they had created with the losses against France and Australia (and the margin with US).

It can create bad image only in heads of Stimac, Simonovic and Bogdanovic as they have fragile mindset. Others are tough competitors and way more bright, especially Teodosic, Raduljica, Macvan and Jokic so I'm confident this loss won't hurt them much if they defeat China :)

CoachZ
08-10-2016, 08:41 PM

Well that depends, on how much Venezuela wins tonight. It might be tough, since in a 2-3 triangle France could end up 5th easily if Venezuela blows out China.

Ayrfon
08-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Well that depends, on how much Venezuela wins tonight. It might be tough, since in a 2-3 triangle France could end up 5th easily if Venezuela blows out China.

It doesn't make any difference... In a circle with Venezuela and France with 2 wins and 3 loses, we would be best anyway... France could be 5th only if they lose 13 or more

raph
08-10-2016, 09:49 PM
Both teams should be disqualified.Let Venezuela and China qualify..How many FIBA competitions in a row where there is at least a tanking match?That's disgusting.Untill they outright ban a tanking team this shameful tactic will never stop.

Reminds me of the badminton scandal in 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMqmKm6vsd0
The badminton federation had the guts to disqualify both teams

Then we should have been disqualified after the game against Australia

We did not have one one single full good game since the beginning of our preparation this summer (maybe the game we played in Belgrade and we still lost). It has been a whole mess because of the free agency in the NBA and the final roster is far from being a satisfaction. If you had the fact that some key players are out of sync team wise (Gobert and Batum), that is turning us into a pretty average team, since its our defense that makes us respectable.
If you had seen all of our games since the beginning of this summer campaign, you would know we were not trying to lose but still playing as a team in chemistry build process.

And that's the most depressing part for us. At least Serbia can step up, here we just have to wish a miracle (even though our starting line up should finally bring it together, especially if Gobert stop trying to chase everything in the perimeter and focus on his REAL job), especially considering how horrible in defense our bench is (heurtel... sigh....)

Hepcat
08-10-2016, 11:33 PM
Both teams should be disqualified.Let Venezuela and China qualify..How many FIBA competitions in a row where there is at least a tanking match?That's disgusting.

Except there's no evidence either team was trying to tank.

Jokes aside it didnt seem like either team was tanking today.

That is correct. Serbia shot 9/24 from three point range and 10/14 from the charity stripe. Meanwhile France shot 7/16 from three point range and 19/24 from the charity stripe. Those would be remarkably good numbers for teams trying to tank the game.

ncjazz
08-11-2016, 12:33 AM
What if Aussies beat USA tonight? :)

Was not that far off from being true.

Dtown
08-11-2016, 01:01 AM
Admittedly I didn't get to see the game, but tanking with two games left just seems too insane to be real.

When 1: The US was playing a team that had handled them both, and 2: They have no idea who they'd face out of B.

Finishing fourth and enjoying a road game against Brazil or Argentina (have you seen their crowds?!) doesn't seem like a good strategy.

Shawshank
08-11-2016, 06:56 AM
Admittedly I didn't get to see the game, but tanking with two games left just seems too insane to be real.

When 1: The US was playing a team that had handled them both, and 2: They have no idea who they'd face out of B.

Finishing fourth and enjoying a road game against Brazil or Argentina (have you seen their crowds?!) doesn't seem like a good strategy.

who said you that brasil/argentina will finish 1st in group B ? Especially Brasil after loosing first game.As i understood for them is simple there is no diffrence between who to play in 1/4 from group B,because more or less those 5 teams are very similiar level ( ok everybody want to play Croatia mostly),but main thing was do not get Usa in semifinal...and 4th place from A group is doing that...Logic was such.

Oly_fan
08-11-2016, 07:26 AM
Don't forget, on Interbasket everything is Teodosic's fault! :D

The games he hasn't lost are the games he hasn't played.

No team tried to tank, they were both pretty evenly matched imo. It's still too early in the tournament.

Arsonist
08-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Parker is a bully that all the time he was on the bench and comes directly to handle the game, then theft and chao tremendous game

SashKX
08-11-2016, 08:47 AM

I think some people explained it here already, but I'll try to list all the reasons now.

1. Yes, there are two more games to play, and Aussies had a chance to mess up these plans too, but it was really unlikely to happen, as is our team losing to China, so tanking this game was pretty much guaranteed 4th place. Of course it turned out that Aussies were real close to beat the odds, and I was actually rooting for them to do so, but it ended up as expected.
2. It really doesn't matter who we face from group B. Yes Croatia would be preferable, but anyone we get is on same level at this point, any of those games can be won and lost.
3. If we want a medal, our team really needs to aim for the finals and the silver, our track record for the bronze game is terrible, particularly with this generation. Our country still remembers the great days of old and puts the pressure on all basketball teams, its the finals or nothing, and this generation, which is not really among mentally toughest ones, often cracks under that pressure and fails if they don't make the finals. In 2014 no one expected anything from that team and they thrived, but then in 2015 they were the favorites and they collapsed in the most important game, there was no chance they'd win that bronze.

That being said, I don't think either team tried to tank this game, but it also didn't seem like they tried their hardest either, it was really weird. Reading the interviews with French after the game revealed they were very aware of this possibility, have discussed it and decided to win it, but it was still very awkward to do it, so I'm guessing both teams lacked real focus.

Edit: You can see what our country can do to our athletes on the example of Djokovic, who was in tears apologizing to our fans for failing them, and this guy is one of the toughest athletes in the world.

Jon_Koncak
08-11-2016, 09:27 AM

It didnt feel like a real game.It didnt feel like teams were giving it all to win.Compared to the intensity of USA-AUS it felt like a scimmage,not even an eshibition.There were some non existant defense,some ridiculous turnovers,some mind boggling decisions in the end.Why would DeColo throw a wild alley oop pass with 5 seconds left in the end,why didnt any serbian player foul him at this point?Just some examples,there were countless plays i was watching and just laughing.I'm not even sure Parker wanted to score in the end,he threw a wild late second jumper and it went in.If teams arent giving it all for the win,they are tanking,there is no middle ground for me.

Picek
08-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Yes Croatia would be preferable, but anyone we get is on same level at this point, you are all speaking about us as we have already qualified.
we didn't and we will have a tough time doing it.
but to be honest, if we somehow do qualify I would also like to play Serbia as those are always or in majority of situations one ball games and looking at the presentation of others from this group, France, USA and Australia, they all look tougher then Serbia does.
but unfortunately playing Serbia is not going to happen, playing quarters possibly won't happen for us either.

SashKX
08-11-2016, 10:33 AM
We're all talking about that entire group in general, regardless of who goes to quarters, everyone is a legit threat except for maybe Nigeria,who are the only certain team not to qualify, everyone else is an unknown still, and probably will be until the last round.
About our group, USA and Australia definitely are tougher than our team now, but I wouldn't say the same for France, we've been on same level for at least 2 years now, and in last game we have both looked equally bad.

Picek
08-11-2016, 10:58 AM
We're all talking about that entire group in general, regardless of who goes to quarters, everyone is a legit threat except for maybe Nigeria,who are the only certain team not to qualify, everyone else is an unknown still, and probably will be until the last round.
About our group, USA and Australia definitely are tougher than our team now, but I wouldn't say the same for France, we've been on same level for at least 2 years now, and in last game we have both looked equally bad.France in this roster has a lot of space for improvement, the only question is do they have enough time to do so.
don't think Serbia with this roster is able to improve any further. this is pretty much it.
only a perfect shooting day can make serbia look better then it did so far.
but we can't know when and if that will happen.

before the games started majority has been putting lot of teams in front of Australia as no one expected them to play like this.
of course there can still be some doubts about them in the quarters as they have fucked it up too many times in that stage in order for anyone to trust them.
but this year they do seem legit.

CoachZ
08-11-2016, 11:12 AM
France in this roster has a lot of space for improvement, the only question is do they have enough time to do so.
don't think Serbia with this roster is able to improve any further. this is pretty much it.
only a perfect shooting day can make serbia look better then it did so far.
but we can't know when and if that will happen.

before the games started majority has been putting lot of teams in front of Australia as no one expected them to play like this.
of course there can still be some doubts about them in the quarters as they have fucked it up too many times in that stage in order for anyone to trust them.
but this year they do seem legit.

This team has a lot of room to improve. Everyone except Raduljica is playing like shit. If that is their maximum, then some other people have been playing in their bodies all these years. There is a lot of room to improve. Whether they will do that, it's another story. I am not very optimistic, I had my doubts before the games begun and I think that roster is lacking.

Obina
08-11-2016, 11:16 AM
I do not care against who we will play except Spain. I hope they will not be first in group.

Only what is important is that we must improve, we are not on even 70% from our maximum.

Croatia can be great, that's for sure victory for us. :D

CHBB
08-11-2016, 03:58 PM
It didnt feel like a real game.It didnt feel like teams were giving it all to win.Compared to the intensity of USA-AUS it felt like a scimmage,not even an eshibition.There were some non existant defense,some ridiculous turnovers,some mind boggling decisions in the end.Why would DeColo throw a wild alley oop pass with 5 seconds left in the end,why didnt any serbian player foul him at this point?Just some examples,there were countless plays i was watching and just laughing.I'm not even sure Parker wanted to score in the end,he threw a wild late second jumper and it went in.If teams arent giving it all for the win,they are tanking,there is no middle ground for me. That's how France always plays. Then when they realize they can actually be eliminated, they play hard for enough of one game to get the win.