Lamartine
07-18-2016, 07:41 PM
Iran, July 22-31, 2016

Group A : China, Chinese Taipei, Philippines, India, Iraq Thailand
Group B: Iran, South Korea, Japan, Kazakhstan, Indonesia Lebanon

MD1:
- Iraq vs China, India vs Thailand, Philippines vs Chinese Taipei
- Kazakhstan vs Lebanon, Japan vs South Kora, Indonesia vs Iran

All the games will be broadcasted live on youtube, as announced on fiba website.

Only 3 teams will qualify for World Cup!!

judasmartel
07-19-2016, 12:05 PM
Iran, July 22-31, 2016

Group A : China, Chinese Taipei, Philippines, India, Iraq Thailand
Group B: Iran, South Korea, Japan, Kazakhstan, Indonesia Lebanon

MD1:
- Iraq vs China, India vs Thailand, Philippines vs Chinese Taipei
- Kazakhstan vs Lebanon, Japan vs South Korea, Indonesia vs Iran

All the games will be broadcasted live on youtube, as announced on fiba website.

Only 3 teams will qualify for World Cup!!

Yes! I will be seeing that badass scoreboard again!

locdogjr
07-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Glad to hear they'll be broadcast live,
my wife thinks it is insane that I watch basketball with no announcers and 37 people in the stands.

Lamartine
07-21-2016, 11:01 AM
BUT youtube is prohibited in Iran.
and Fiba said that they will live stream the competition

:confused:

Sakamoto
07-22-2016, 02:01 AM
BUT youtube is prohibited in Iran.
and Fiba said that they will live stream the competition

:confused:

malaska.:(

trans

youtube is allowed here.:)

Lamartine
07-22-2016, 06:19 AM
malaska.:(

trans

youtube is allowed here.:)

well live stream is not working :)

locdogjr
07-22-2016, 06:27 AM
Hope they get the livestream working, really want to see TPE vs PHI tonight!

Mika Hakinen
07-22-2016, 01:43 PM
Very interesting to see on Iran and China youngsters! I hope tomorrow will be stream!

mohsena2631
07-22-2016, 04:11 PM
I watched 3 games today, China is clearly the favorite here, Iran has a good team here but I doubt they can challenge China, even though playing at home can help.

btw, Iran Sport (varzesh) Channel broadcasted 3 games live today and will do the same tomorrow and probably for the rest of the tournament, 10:00, 12:00 and 18:00 games.

Lamartine
07-22-2016, 05:21 PM
Fiba are not pro at all..
according to them, it's an Iranian issue (internet connection)

judasmartel
07-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Hope they get the livestream working, really want to see TPE vs PHI tonight!

88-74 Taiwan over the Philippines. (18-19, 11-30, 16-21, 29-18)

Taiwan U18's confidence is sky high after that experience in the Worlds, allowing them to demolish the Filipinos in the 2nd quarter.

Impressive run by the Philippines in the 4th quarter, coming back from down 26 to come within 12, just came up short in the end.

It has been said that if it's not from behind, it's not Philippines basketball.

Lamartine
07-22-2016, 07:51 PM
any info concerning tomorrow's games coverage?

CKR13
07-23-2016, 06:24 AM
Saw the replay of the JPN-KOR game. Korea's read and react game proved to be too much for Japan. Japan's Mikami and Nishida were forcing too many shots and almost hit for nothing.

Lamartine
07-23-2016, 08:50 AM
live link http://www.telewebion.com/#!/live/varzesh/

CKR13
07-23-2016, 09:29 AM
It was a good game for India, hanging in the 1-3 quarters against China until China played angry in the 4th quarter to finish the game strong. China got its first acid test early.

CKR13
07-23-2016, 10:19 AM
Lebanese players are strong and just as quick as Korea. Every time Lebanon drives it seems, they always finish a heavy contact layup. Korea also losing via turnovers, leading to Lebanon's fast-break.

CKR13
07-23-2016, 10:49 AM
Lebanon's 3pt lane press working well in the 4th, gets them a lot of steals and transition points. Lebanon up 65-54.

judasmartel
07-23-2016, 12:05 PM
80-67 Lebanon over Korea. Lebanon just beat a team which just came out of the U17 Worlds!

judasmartel
07-23-2016, 01:25 PM
96-79 Philippines over Iraq. Batang Gilas cruises to an easy victory as they will face the Chinese tomorrow.

39 points and 24 rebounds for Al-Zuhairi of Iraq.

25 points for Jolo Mendoza. Joshua Sinclair with a double-double of 21 points and 12 rebounds.

lebanese NT
07-23-2016, 04:53 PM
80-67 Lebanon over Korea. Lebanon just beat a team which just came out of the U17 Worlds!

Lebanese youngsters do not lack talent but good preparation and a good league for them ( which is almost inexistant here in lebanon). While korea and china take care of their youngsters. Today you saw an organized team which automatically translated into a win. I hope they continue with the same level. Only 3 teams qualify to the worlds and china is almost a lock in 1st place and Iran the host 2nd.

Lamartine
07-23-2016, 05:16 PM
Hi, do you know how can we download videos (game replays) from telewebion

judasmartel
07-24-2016, 04:44 PM
This tweet though.

@CKR13 Have Japanese fans always called their U18 NT the Akatsuki or is it just recently that they did?

Akatsuki in Japanese means "Crimson Moon", and is the name of the villainous organization in the Japanese manga series Naruto.

Even Japanese basketball fans know their manga.

judasmartel
07-24-2016, 07:39 PM
Another monster game from Ihab Al-Zuhairi with 45 points on 21-30 FG and 24 rebounds as Iraq picks up its first victory in the tournament against Thailand, 92-76.

CKR13
07-24-2016, 11:02 PM
This tweet though.

@CKR13 Have Japanese fans always called their U18 NT the Akatsuki or is it just recently that they did?

Akatsuki in Japanese means "Crimson Moon", and is the name of the villainous organization in the Japanese manga series Naruto.

Even Japanese basketball fans know their manga.

JBA changed the branding of the National Team after signing a four year apparel agreement with Under Armour. Akatsuki, in the classic Nihon literature was attributed to the Red Dawn in the land of the rising sun. Red Dawn symbolizes a new beginning in which JBA ascribes it to the new age of Japanese basketball -- presumably for the better.

Lamartine
07-25-2016, 05:25 AM
We can know watch the games on youtube.

judasmartel
07-25-2016, 06:10 AM
JBA changed the branding of the National Team after signing a four year apparel agreement with Under Armour. Akatsuki, in the classic Nihon literature was attributed to the Red Dawn in the land of the rising sun. Red Dawn symbolizes a new beginning in which JBA ascribes it to the new age of Japanese basketball -- presumably for the better.

New age indeed. Hopefully, Kuroko's Basketball manga can help revive the glory of Japanese basketball like Slam Dunk did in the 90's.

lebanese NT
07-26-2016, 07:27 AM
Lebanon has just beaten japan 73-51 to secure their 4th consecutive win. if korea beats iran today, lebanon will top their group . IF irans wins today then the winner between lebanon and iran tomorrow will end 1st.

judasmartel
07-26-2016, 08:25 AM
Lebanon has just beaten japan 73-51 to secure their 4th consecutive win. if korea beats iran today, lebanon will top their group . IF irans wins today then the winner between lebanon and iran tomorrow will end 1st.

Wow, your U18 now is much stronger than the U16 one. A win against Iran would solidify that.

Unfortunately for us, that would mean our boys will have to face them in the quarters should Iran win against Korea today.

I am intrigued with the #OurPride hashtag. Is your U18 coach some kind of a legend in Lebanon?

lebanese NT
07-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Wow, your U18 now is much stronger than the U16 one. A win against Iran would solidify that.

Unfortunately for us, that would mean our boys will have to face them in the quarters should Iran win against Korea today.

I am intrigued with the #OurPride hashtag. Is your U18 coach some kind of a legend in Lebanon?

no he is not. He is new to the basketball scene in lebanon but for sure one of the most rising coaches in the region.

Team Melli Basket
07-26-2016, 11:25 AM
Hi, do you know how can we download videos (game replays) from telewebion
Here you go. http://www.telewebion.com/#!/episode/1483309/
You've got LEB-KOR and LEB-INA.
If you can't find them just ask me, but I think that you will be able to read what is showed.

lebanese NT
07-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Philippines lost to thailand 74-71. That is weird.

reamily
07-26-2016, 02:39 PM
Philippines lost to thailand 74-71. That is weird.

It isnt't since there is no sea championship in the line, there is no sense of urgency for us, still ball is round we can give a shot in qf and try to win the game vs india if we straighten things up hopefully..

lebanese NT
07-26-2016, 03:17 PM
It isnt't since there is no sea championship in the line, there is no sense of urgency for us, still ball is round we can give a shot in qf and try to win the game vs india if we straighten things up hopefully..

If you end up 4th you most probably will face us in the quarters . Korea won againt iran which sealed the deal for Lebanon as 1st in the group.

judasmartel
07-26-2016, 03:51 PM
Since Group B matches ended first, I shall present the scenarios for the group ahead of Group A.

1 - LIB 4-0
2 - KOR 3-1
3 - JPN 2-2
4 - IRI 2-2
o - KAZ 1-3
x - INA 0-4

Remaining Matches:

JPN - KAZ
KOR - INA
IRI - LIB

Assume Korea wins Indonesia. Lebanon and Korea will be locked at #1 and #2 respectively regardless of the results of the Iran - Lebanon game.

If Japan wins, they gain #3 seed, Iran the #4 seed, Kazakhstan is out.

If Kazakhstan and Iran win, Iran gains #3, Kazakshtan #4, Japan is out.

If Kazakhstan and Lebanon win, a triple tie will occur between Iran, Japan, and Kazakhstan. Iran has a huge quotient over Kazakhstan, so Kazakhstan needs to beat Japan by 18 points or more to advance to the next round, and by 59 points or more (VERY unlikely) to gain #3 seed in the group.

reamily
07-26-2016, 04:23 PM
If you end up 4th you most probably will face us in the quarters . Korea won againt iran which sealed the deal for Lebanon as 1st in the group.

well see we hope to paly our best and good luck to both of us then..but really Taiwan and China sent a special team here..

interxavierxxx
07-26-2016, 05:06 PM

With the way we are playing, I'd rather we finish 5th and exit the tournament this easily. this is an embarrassment and a disgrace. :mad:

Lebanon should win easily by 20 if we make it. I don't like our chances.

Good luck. I hope you can upset Iran or china on the way.

judasmartel
07-26-2016, 05:42 PM
Group A

1 - CHN 4-0
2 - TPE 3-1
3 - IND 2-2
o - PHI 1-3 (+14)
o - IRQ 1-3 (-1)
o - THA 1-3 (-13)

Remaining Matches:

CHN - THA
TPE - IRQ
PHI - IND

Assume China and Taiwan win their final assignments in Group A. The Philippines and India advance to the next round.

Winner of the Philippines - India match gets the #3 seed, the loser gets the #4 seed.

Since Lebanon and Korea have already locked in the top 2 seeds in Group B, it's just a matter of "picking your poison" for both the Philippines and India.

So more or less, the QF matchups will look like this:

China - Iran
Korea - Philippines/India
Taiwan - Japan
Philippines/India - Lebanon

hunight
07-26-2016, 06:26 PM
why Gulf countries like Qatar not compete U18 this year?

lebanese NT
07-26-2016, 06:37 PM
With the way we are playing, I'd rather we finish 5th and exit the tournament this easily. this is an embarrassment and a disgrace. :mad:

Lebanon should win easily by 20 if we make it. I don't like our chances.

Good luck. I hope you can upset Iran or china on the way.

Iran now is 90% in 4th place so they will be facing china in the quarters. One of them will be eliminated soon and the 2nd we wont meet until final if we reached it.

McCalebb2015
07-27-2016, 04:45 AM
Lebanese youngsters do not lack talent but good preparation and a good league for them ( which is almost inexistant here in lebanon). While korea and china take care of their youngsters. Today you saw an organized team which automatically translated into a win. I hope they continue with the same level. Only 3 teams qualify to the worlds and china is almost a lock in 1st place and Iran the host 2nd.

No No No!!!Lebanon is alomost a lock in 1st place.Iran and South Korea maybe 2nd.

lebanese NT
07-27-2016, 08:13 AM
No No No!!!Lebanon is alomost a lock in 1st place.Iran and South Korea maybe 2nd.

This post was before the iran losing to japan then south korea. What i meant by China locked in 1st place, i meant in the whole tournament not in their respective group.

judasmartel
07-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Now that Group B is pretty much done regardless of the results of the Iran-Lebanon match, the Philippines-India match will be very interesting.

The playoff bracket spreads out like this:

China - Iran
Korea - Philippines / India
Taiwan - Japan
Lebanon - Philippines / India

Here's the thing.

If you are the Philippines, do you want to face your old nemesis against whom you have lost time and time again, THEN an uber-powerful Chinese team that just rekt you hard in the group stage assuming you could even get past the former; OR do you want to face an inspired and hungry Lebanese team, THEN a relatively easier but still powerful Taiwanese team that just rekt you hard in the group stage assuming you could even get past the former?

If you are India, do you want to face an uber-powerful Korean team THEN an uber-powerful Chinese team assuming you can even get past the former, OR an inspired and hiungry Lebanese team, THEN a relatively easier but still powerful Taiwanese team that just rekt you hard in the group stage assuming you could even get past the former?

"Pick your poison" cannot be stressed enough here.

judasmartel
07-27-2016, 04:54 PM
Welp, typical Coach Mike Oliver fashion. 105-82 Philippines over India.

Playoff brackets are now complete.

China - Iran
Korea - Philippines
Taiwan - Japan
Lebanon - India

lebanese NT
07-29-2016, 09:49 AM
South korea 93-85 philippines. philippines kept it close for 3 quarters and a half until korea made the run in the last minutes of quarter 4. Korea will meat the winner between iran and china in the semis

lebanese NT
07-29-2016, 11:20 AM
Japan 77-71 chinese taipe.

lebanese NT
07-29-2016, 01:01 PM
Lebanon 98-67 india.

mohsena2631
07-29-2016, 03:30 PM
ooof, WHAT A GAME !

I lost hope in this team after Japan game, and when they lost to Korea with exactly the same scenario and I still think this team is not talented but man they played with heart today. hats of. I hope they make it to the World Cup.

btw Korea and Japan could put Iran in pressure with full court press, China tried that but they failed badly. that was the difference today.

lebanese NT
07-29-2016, 03:36 PM
ooof, WHAT A GAME !

I lost hope in this team after Japan game, and when they lost to Korea with exactly the same scenario and I still think this team is not talented but man they played with heart today. hats of. I hope they make it to the World Cup.

btw Korea and Japan could put Iran in pressure with full court press, China tried that but they failed badly. that was the difference today.
Iran 62-59 China

Final four :

Iran vs korea
Lebanon vs japan
A replay of lebanon vs iran in the final would be great!

judasmartel
07-29-2016, 04:06 PM
Good U18 QF overall. Only the Lebanon-India match turned into a rout.

Korea-Philippines looked like something out of the Asian edition of the NBA as both teams play up-and-down games.

Haven't watched Taiwan-Japan but was delightfully surprised to see Japan win Taiwan.

China-Iran was just plain awesome you'd think it's supposed to be a semifinal or even a championship game.

reamily
07-29-2016, 04:07 PM
ooof, WHAT A GAME !

I need to watch the game first, but still think that our style would suit well against Lebanon and Iran, as we can never win a scoing battle with Korea, japan and Taiwan if we dont have offensive firepower from top guy to the 12th man..

reamily
07-29-2016, 04:11 PM
But good day for Iran bball, Iran played well with their team b (Bekham and Mashayekhi sat) against Mighty Sport in Jones Cup and this game..

mohsena2631
07-29-2016, 06:33 PM
But good day for Iran bball, Iran played well with their team b (Bekham and Mashayekhi sat) against Mighty Sport in Jones Cup and this game..

I didn't follow Jones Cup that much this year, but our coach there (Bauermann's assistant) is happy with their performance, if he is happy, then I'm happy too lol

but this game was something special, I didn't see that coming at all. I noticed this is only the second time China will not finish on podium in this event and the previous time they missed the podium only because of one stupid mistake by their coach (forfeiting against Syria) so this is actually the first time someone knocks China out of the medal round in the court.

mohsena2631
07-30-2016, 03:28 PM
:D who would expect an Iran-Japan final after the preliminary round

and maybe I have to change my previous comment about this team not being talented, some of them Jafari, Khandanpour and Rezaeifar have bright future if they continue like this.

mohsena2631
07-31-2016, 05:42 PM
Really happy for this victory. even though the final game wasn't something I want to remember, Iran used 7 man rotation in last 3 games because of injuries and other reasons and because of that they looked very tired in the final, still good enough to beat Japan. the real final was against China and then Korea.

judasmartel
07-31-2016, 08:06 PM
Really happy for this victory. even though the final game wasn't something I want to remember, Iran used 7 man rotation in last 3 games because of injuries and other reasons and because of that they looked very tired in the final, still good enough to beat Japan. the real final was against China and then Korea.

Tough defensive game in the Final. Japanese offense went downhill when their ace shooter #14 Yudai Nishida had to sit out most of the game due to slight injury. When Iran erected a 16 point lead, that was a sign he has to come back, and surely he did, but by then it was too late. Japan fought hard, but the loud crowd and Iran's physical defense was just too much.

And yes, the real Final was Iran-China.

By the way, do you Iranians use those really loud and annoying horns when cheering for your basketball teams? Well, perks of being the home team and all, but it just hurts the ears and both teams couldn't concentrate very well with such loud and annoying noises that they miss point blank shots they are not supposed to miss.

Just asking, thanks.

Mika Hakinen
07-31-2016, 08:23 PM
Congrats to Iran!

reamily
08-01-2016, 03:44 AM
:D who would expect an Iran-Japan final after the preliminary round

and maybe I have to change my previous comment about this team not being talented, some of them Jafari, Khandanpour and Rezaeifar have bright future if they continue like this.

you have great forwards..ever since ..