Panathinaikos 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panathinaikos 2016-17

So for the moment we have signed Chris Singleton from Lokomotiv and Mike James from Laboral (with an NBA opt out until 5/8).

Unexpectedly fair moves until now, but we need even more quality for the upcoming marathon of this season.
    http://forum.greenwebfans.com/

Panathinaikos basketball tradition - Playing the game since 1919!
    sigpic
    6 Euroleagues '96, '00, '02, '07, '09, '11
    36 Championships '21, '46, '47, '50, '51, '54, '61, '62, '67, '69, '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '77,
    '80, '81, '82, '84, '98, '99, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '13, '14, '17
    18 Cups '79, '82, '83, '86, '93, '96, '03, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17
    1 Intercontinental '96-'97

james - calathes
    pappas - feldaine
    xxx - xxx
    gist - singleton
    raduljica - xxx

is that current pao roster?
    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

James-calathes-bochoridis
      pappas - feldaine
      Jankovic-charalambopoulos
      gist -fotsis-xxx
      Singleton-xxx-xxx

Claver and vougioukas next moves..bourousis situation is difficult..
      Last edited by childress67; 07-11-2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

not exactly
        calathes-james-X1-bochoridis(he will probably go out on loan if we get another guy in guards,which is the most possible right now)
        pappas-feldeine
        charalampopoulos-X2
        X3-gist-fotsis
        singleton-X4

X1: perhaps kevin pangos. he is on the summer league with hawks right now and plays good,but i dont think he will find a contract in NBA. he is too short,slow and weak for NBA pg
        X2: jankovic or adetokunbo AND some minutes at SF for feldeine in 3guard lineup,or X3 in 3 big men lineup. i think it will be jankovic. assistant coach is in the USA,checking the summer league,where jankovic participates
        X3-Χ4: claver-vougioukas or bourousis-european(or non european if james gets balkan passport as being rumoured). as time passes and bourousis doesnt answer the claver-vougioukas scenario comes closer to becomming reality

there is a small possibility that we get a european small forward and 5th guard will be bochoridis. but i think the 1 scenario with european guard like pangos will be the final one.

ps. we have 4 non europeans right now(james,feldeine,gist,singleton) and according to greek league rules,we cant have another one,so the 2 available spots(6 is the maximum number in greece) must go to europeans,or americans with euro passports(like pangos,or draper,or lafayette,or something like that)
        ps2. we might get zach auguste as 3rd center if he gets greek passport,but that will take a lot of time
        Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Do we know the reliability of eurobasket? It lists Claver as our player.

Are agents involved in this site?

sigpic
          36 Championships '21, '46, '47, '50, '51, '54, '61, '62, '67, '69, '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '77,
          '80, '81, '82, '84, '98, '99, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '13, '14, '17
          18 Cups '79, '82, '83, '86, '93, '96, '03, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17

Comment

Calathes-James
            Pappas-Feldeine
            X-Charalampopoulos
            X-Gist-Fotsis
            Bourousis-Singleton

Great squad at the moment. You will need a stepahead of Pappas but I think that he is capable (he was playing at Real Madrid youth teams and he did a great great game vs us 2 years ago), I hope he recovers completely of his injury. Good luck this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
              Calathes-James
              Pappas-Feldeine
              X-Charalampopoulos
              X-Gist-Fotsis
              Bourousis-Singleton

Great squad at the moment. You will need a stepahead of Pappas but I think that he is capable (he was playing at Real Madrid youth teams and he did a great great game vs us 2 years ago), I hope he recovers completely of his injury. Good luck this season.
              1 year ago.

now that bourousis is official it will be interesting to see what happens with claver because every source i see talks about done deal with him as well. journalists from our president's sites and newspaper were claiming all this time that its either bourousis or claver. we will find out soon i guess

we get 1 guard more in the roster you wrote. i guess (and hope) it will be kevin pangos from gran canaria. is he good enough for euroleague level?
              Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Originally posted by saras View Post
                1 year ago.

now that bourousis is official it will be interesting to see what happens with claver because every source i see talks about done deal with him as well. journalists from our president's sites and newspaper were claiming all this time that its either bourousis or claver. we will find out soon i guess

we get 1 guard more in the roster you wrote. i guess (and hope) it will be kevin pangos from gran canaria. is he good enough for euroleague level?
                He has a great potential, although he lacks experience. He also can play as SG and to see him in european giant can be great. He also has slovenian passport. Would be a very good signing for PAO.

Comment

He has a great potential, although he lacks experience. He also can play as SG and to see him in european giant can be great. He also has slovenian passport. Would be a very good signing for PAO.
                  Pangos could complement both James and Calathes in guard position.

I like Pao's roster a lot. But I think they still need some outside shooting and one more cutting wing (in addition to Feldeine) to utilize Bou to his maximum.
                  Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                  Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                  Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

By the signing of Bourousis, does this mean PAO no longer has an interest on Claver?
                    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
                      By the signing of Bourousis, does this mean PAO no longer has an interest on Claver?
                      Nope. I'm reading that PAO is trying to get Claver too. It isn't like they are playing at the same position anyway. Personally, as a PAO fan, I'd rather have Claver than Bourousis, but having both it's the best case scenario.
                      Euroleague IBN Game Champion 2007-2008
                      2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009

"And then comes Panathinaikos and their young center, Pekovic. He hit me once and it was like getting hit by a train.
                      He's a big boy. I said to him, "How much you weigh?" and he said, "Too much".

And he was right."

Ricardo Greer, Nancy

Comment

Does somebody know the reason why there were no negotiations between Bourousis and Oly? Is Oly management still upset due to Bouroussis insults which become public due to the wiretap affair? Or is it because Oly is playing nowadays without big center?
                        You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

fasoulaki i would pick the first reason.

There seems to be no problem with his injury any more. What he lacks in is consistency and a real pro mentality.

sigpic

Comment

New rumours about not giving up the Claver case. Fingers crossed.

sigpic

Comment

What about Vogioukas? Any rumors? Mayby he will sign with another Greece team?
                              LIETUVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7iGqEDXHNc

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information