PDA

View Full Version : Turin Group B Day 1: Tunisia - Italy

judasmartel
07-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Turin Group B Day 1: Tunisia - Italy

Tunisia facing off against the home team in Turin.

The usual suspects for Tunisia are Salah Mejri, Makhram Ben Rohmdane, and naturalized player Michael Roll.

For Italy, it's Gentile, Andrea Bargnani, Marco Bellinelli, and Danilo Gallinari.

Italian Pride
07-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Mejiri won't play!

judasmartel
07-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Mejiri won't play!

Does it have anything to do with Mejri's free agent status with the Dallas Mavericks?

Mindozas
07-04-2016, 10:39 AM
Does it have anything to do with Mejri's free agent status with the Dallas Mavericks?

He got injured in one of the last friendlies, underwent surgery

R1ou
07-04-2016, 10:41 AM
He got injured in one of the last friendlies, underwent surgery

Have never seen Tunisia playing,with Mejri out I don't give them many chances to avoid a blow-out.Will Belinelli play?

Italian Pride
07-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Will Belinelli play?

Maybe 5-10 minutes

Mindozas
07-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Have never seen Tunisia playing,with Mejri out I don't give them many chances to avoid a blow-out.Will Belinelli play?

It'd be blowout with or without him IMO. Mejri simply never had the status of some Gorgui Dieng in NT, who was major force with Senegal and his loss is too big to handle. Mejri was just a part of big three with Roll and Ben Romhdane, latter bein' even more vital in latest tournaments. Of course I don't want to say that it's not a big loss, it is, but it wouldn't change too much what so ever, Tunisia simply doesn't stand a chance vs Italy or Croatia

JGX
07-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Ben Romdhane apparently out with an ankle injury.

wilhelm
07-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Pretty solid performance from Tunisia so far.That's a pleasant surprise!
EDIT:nevermind

judasmartel
07-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Impressive D by Italy, holding Tunisia to only 41 points. They are determined to cast out their reputation for bad defense by European standards.

Is the current Italian coach more defensive minded?

Italian Pride
07-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Is the current Italian coach more defensive minded?

Yes,Messina is trying to create a team,that play like a club,not only ISO and indivudal plays,every player know what he must do on the court!

I don't know if we get the ticket for Rio,but i hope Messina stays on ur bench for the next 3 years at least also if we don't go to Rio!

Today we don't play well,but i trust in this team!

I'm a little worried for our captain Gigi,i have seen him out of shape :(

He's our soul,we need him tomorrow to defeat our bugbear :D

the good news have been Aradori and Bargnani in this game!

vivo
07-05-2016, 12:03 AM
I'm a little worried for our captain Gigi,i have seen him out of shape :(

He's our soul,we need him tomorrow to defeat our bugbear :D

Hey man, I didn't see the game why was Gigi bad yesterday? Bad shooting day or more?

Italian Pride
07-05-2016, 12:11 AM
Hey man, I didn't see the game why was Gigi bad yesterday? Bad shooting day or more?

turnover,bad defense,bad decision,Messina replace him 2-3 minutes after the start of 3rd quarter beacuase he was out of the game!

vivo
07-05-2016, 12:42 AM
turnover,bad defense,bad decision,Messina replace him 2-3 minutes after the start of 3rd quarter beacuase he was out of the game!

Concentration seems to be the problem. Thanks!