PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Next Generation Tournament 2016

carlo
05-11-2016, 12:48 PM
2016 Adidas Next Generation Tournament finals will run from May 12-15 in Berlin.

Finalists: FC Barcelona, INSEP Paris, Zalgiris Kaunas, Mega Bemax Belgrade, Real Madrid, Lietuvos Rytas, Crvena Zvezda Belgrade and Alba Berlin.

http://www.adidasngt.com/u18/news/latest/i/6q4gy7x55o4xi8u8

Players to watch:
http://www.adidasngt.com/u18/news/latest/i/6vf85keqho3ni3yx/angt-finals-players-to-watch

Mindozas
05-11-2016, 05:08 PM
No Hartenstein for Zalgiris, still injured. Tough loss obviously

CoachZ
05-11-2016, 05:44 PM
No Hartenstein for Zalgiris, still injured. Tough loss obviously

Also kind of crazy that from Simanic and Radanov who are some of the best talents anywhere in Europe at their age and positions, the guy to watch from Red Star team is Stefan Djordjevic :D

Depending on the draw, Zvezda is a favorite to be in the final. Looks like it will be third consecutive Zvezda - Real Madrid final at ANGT.

Mindozas
05-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Also kind of crazy that from Simanic and Radanov who are some of the best talents anywhere in Europe at their age and positions, the guy to watch from Red Star team is Stefan Djordjevic :D

Depending on the draw, Zvezda is a favorite to be in the final. Looks like it will be third consecutive Zvezda - Real Madrid final at ANGT.

Frankly, I have no freaking clue about those youngster tournaments :o No idea who'll be in final, how good they are, apart some well known names of course. There were times, when I knew a lot, for a betting purposes mostly. But, after some failures, I realized that betting on those kids, is like betting on women sports, you can never predict what will gonna happen. Too many emotions, nerves, with teens also no experience. The last time, when I watched the game lyin' under the table, due to nerves from the picture I saw, I realized - it's enough :D

CoachZ
05-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Frankly, I have no freaking clue about those youngster tournaments :o No idea who'll be in final, how good they are, apart some well known names of course. There were times, when I knew a lot, for a betting purposes mostly. But, after some failures, I realized that betting on those kids, is like betting on women sports, you can never predict what will gonna happen. Too many emotions, nerves, with teens also no experience. The last time, when I watched the game lyin' under the table, due to nerves from the picture I saw, I realized - it's enough :D

It's a deep and dark hole, the betting world. I remember all to well my brother changing colors while watching the Pittsburgh Penguins blow a 4-0 lead in the 3rd period, to lose 5-4, with around 5k euros on the line. That's why I don't play parlays, just single bets all day. Grinding out season after season. This year I am around 11% RoI on NBA handicap betting, hoping to repeat that next year with more money invested. This season is just bank building.

Mika Hakinen
05-12-2016, 08:10 AM
Eurolegue, euroleague... Where is stream Bertomey?

vaslover
05-12-2016, 08:25 AM
It always interesting to observe a classic of europaen basketball between Lithuania and Serbia, especially at the youth level. Plus Real Madrid,plus FCB Barcelona..... Very tasty indeed.

Mindozas
05-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Eurolegue, euroleague... Where is stream Bertomey?

Can't remember myself if there were streams last year? If not, probably it's hard to expect it this year too, sadly

Mika Hakinen
05-12-2016, 09:12 AM
I don't remember. I mean that if Euroleague considers himself a respected organization, it is obliged to broadcast the finals. FIBA shows most of their youth competitions.

Mindozas
05-12-2016, 09:36 AM
I don't remember. I mean that if Euroleague considers himself a respected organization, it is obliged to broadcast the finals. FIBA shows most of their youth competitions.

Maybe they consider the finals as only the final :D Anyway, it's really lame not to broadcast whole tournament, I don't think it's that hard and expensive to bring a guy with even one camera and show the god damn event. As volunteer even I could do this, for one day salary of Jordi

carlo
05-12-2016, 11:11 AM
D1 early results:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiPoEwNXAAACHtv.jpg:large

Incredible Q3 comeback of Bacelona, with Insep ahead at ht 40-27.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiQEAaaWkAAfukv.jpg:large

carlo
05-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Afaik, there's just live score:
http://www.adidasngt.com/u18/game-center/games/showgame?gamecode=3&seasoncode=JTF415

Mindozas
05-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Tough win for Zalgiris, dissapointing game by Velicka, 0/8 from 3... Atleast he have got his s*it together from FT line, as he usualy sucks there. On other hand nice to see stable as always Masiulis, hope one day he'll be atleast as good as his father was

vaslover
05-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Seems like Rodions Kurucs is not joking in this tournament: 18 pts, RKG 30, +/- +23.... What a beast from Latvia.......:cool:

carlo
05-13-2016, 09:51 AM
Zalgiris leading by 8 over Insep at ht. Three players have scored 43 of 45 Zalgiris points, with Velicka hitting 4 on 6 threes.

carlo
05-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Insep beat Zalgiris on OT, 83-80. Despite Insep multiple turnovers, Zalgiris missed four 3-pointer in the closing seconds.
Hoard led Paris with 17 pts, Masiulis was high for Kaunas leading all scorers with 28 (and 8/8 FT).

Mindozas
05-13-2016, 11:03 AM
Insep beat Zalgiris on OT, 83-80. Despite Insep multiple turnovers, Zalgiris missed four 3-pointer in the closing seconds.
Hoard led Paris with 17 pts, Masiulis was high for Kaunas leading all scorers with 28 (and 8/8 FT).

Sad that they lost, but I'm much more happy to see Masiulis playin' this way than winning. 28+13, 38rkg. Great

CoachZ
05-14-2016, 02:53 PM
Great game by Zvezda today in a crucial matchup vs undefeated Real Madrid. Borisa Simanic had a monster game of 19 points, 8 rebounds, 7 blocks and 4 assists and also few guys chipped in as well with excellent roles. Even though Radanov fouled out and missed most of the second half due to foul trouble the team rallied and did great. We avenged the last years defeat in the Finals vs Real Madrid and now we move on to the final where we will play Barcelona.

Another great year for the youth setup and proof of quality work being done on that part by the club. This is our third straight ANGT Final, and we have won 1 and lost 1. Time to win it again tomorrow.

slice me nice
05-15-2016, 10:32 AM
Well executed spacing from Barca so far in the final. Martinez Vila is shooting the lights out, has a good perimeter shooting touch. Atoumane Diagne dominating the boards, nice frame for this level, simply sat down on CZ's frontcourt. Sergi Martinez's ceiling is quite high and has a different taste for game. On the other hand, Simanic is hiding so far. So fragile mentally, too inconsistent during the game, needs to take the helms when it is needed. While writing this post, he has started to come into prominence. That's actually what I am trying to say.

CoachZ
05-15-2016, 10:48 AM
Fantastic second quarter. Radanov and Radovic playing great. Borisa started attacking the paint, and the game evolves. They solved the zone from 1st quarter.

Defense was the key, Barca was lost.

CoachZ
05-15-2016, 11:41 AM
Great game by Barca. Zvezda played well on the offense most of the game, but defensively just a terrible effort overall by the whole team. The worst part of it all was trying to zone Barca on defense, which was suicide.

Simanic played very well in the second half. Radanov was a monster as usual. In general, good experience for them and it's a great accomplishment for Zvezda to be in the Finals of ANGT for 3 years in a row. Simanic and Radanov are expected to step up to the senior team next year, depending on what the team decide. I would love to see Radanov in the seniors, he would bring so much versatility in the backcourt since he can play PG-SG-SF

carlo
05-16-2016, 09:25 AM
It's not a joke unfortunately, this was the All-Tournament:

Borisa Simanic (MVP), Atoumane Diagne, Rodions Kurucs, Arnas Velicka, Ferdinand Zylka.

Vila? Radanov?...

A choice that somewhat spoiled an otherwise good final.

CoachZ
05-16-2016, 09:27 AM
It's not a joke unfortunately, this was the All-Tournament:

Borisa Simanic (MVP), Atoumane Diagne, Rodions Kurucs, Arnas Velicka, Ferdinand Zylka.

Vila? Radanov?...

A choice that somewhat spoiled an otherwise good final.

Yeah, Villa should've been in the team (even though he dominated final, he didn't play that well the rest of the tournament). Simanic as MVP, I don't know but he is first team for sure. Radanov should've made it as well. Not a good selection, I agree.

the_black_planet
05-16-2016, 12:21 PM
Guys could anybody tell me about Diagne, how does he look like, whether he is a pure post player or of etc. :)

Srle
05-16-2016, 03:17 PM
He looked to me older 4,5 years than most of the boys at this competition.

CoachZ
05-16-2016, 03:40 PM
He looked to me older 4,5 years than most of the boys at this competition.

Agree, he has a body ready for the seniors. On the technique, he is very raw and dangerous (for his own team) with a ball in his hands. He is scared and doesn't know what to do with it. Zvezda just went crazy on him every time he touched the ball and just pressured the ball. He coughed it up often or was very insecure with it.

On the other hand, he is very active on the boards and on defense. He has very good upside for an athletic/defensive/transition inside player.

the_black_planet
05-16-2016, 09:14 PM
Agree, he has a body ready for the seniors. On the technique, he is very raw and dangerous (for his own team) with a ball in his hands. He is scared and doesn't know what to do with it. Zvezda just went crazy on him every time he touched the ball and just pressured the ball. He coughed it up often or was very insecure with it.

On the other hand, he is very active on the boards and on defense. He has very good upside for an athletic/defensive/transition inside player.

Thank you guys, so he still has a long way to go. We'll see :)