PDA

View Full Version : Szymon Szewczyk, Poland

stuart
05-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Szymon Szewczyk, Poland (http://www.interbasket.net/talk/showthread.php3?t=2169)
(originally posted by mvblair, 07-11-2004, 10:22 AM)

mvblair
07-11-2004, 10:22 AM

Szymon Szewczyk was selected 35th in last year's draft by the Milwaukee Bucks. He is 6'10", 250 pounds, and 23-years-old.

Last night he went crazy in a summer league game, according to NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/gameday/recap_PHIMIL_040710.html): 30 points, 16 rebounds, shooting 13 for 15, while making his only 3-point attempt. He also had 3 assists, no turn-overs, and only 3 fouls.

His chances of making it on Milwaukees team have dramatically imrpoved. What are his chances?

Matt

PHILIPeurobasket
07-11-2004, 09:42 PM

Szymon is very young and very good (he have good jump, and he makes monster dunks :)) In my opinion he now have very BIG chance to play in Bucks next season! maybe 99% ....

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/1547/z1547336N.jpg -> Szymon and .......... You Ming :D

J-Will2
07-11-2004, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by mvblair
Last night he went crazy in a summer league game, according to NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/gameday/recap_PHIMIL_040710.html): 30 points, 16 rebounds, shooting 13 for 15, while making his only 3-point attempt. He also had 3 assists, no turn-overs, and only 3 fouls.

His chances of making it on Milwaukees team have dramatically imrpoved. What are his chances?

:eek:

Respect. :cool:

It still depends how the team will look this year; but I'd say the WORST that could happen is he being on the brink of the team (once in the roster, once not; getting garbage time)...

Dave

PHILIPeurobasket
07-11-2004, 10:50 PM

Originally posted by J-Will2

Respect. :cool:

It still depends how the team will look this year; but I'd say the WORST that could happen is he being on the brink of the team (once in the roster, once not; getting garbage time)...

J-Will2 do you hear something about transfer Dusan Bocevski (from Anwil Włocławek) to your team - Olimpija ???

J-Will2
07-11-2004, 11:20 PM

No, but please - do tell more!!!

Please post it here (http://www.interbasket.net/talk/showthread.php3?s=&postid=22462#post22462) in the Slo forum...

Dave

Matiz
07-12-2004, 04:38 AM

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket.com
J-Will2 do you hear something about transfer Dusan Bocevski (from Anwil Włocławek) to your team - Olimpija ???
From what I've seen in Zadar few years back I think Bocevski is far from euroleague caliber, so if he comes to Olimpija only to help in Adriatic league, he would be most welcome since there he could post some decent stats and other player could use some rest because of he busy schedule, but if he is supposed to be somekind of replacement for Rahimic as starting C with 25 minutes per game- than Olimpija can start thinking about next years Uleb-cup...

Qba
07-15-2004, 08:37 AM

Olimpija signed Bocevski :)

Matiz
07-15-2004, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by Qba
Olimpija signed Bocevski :)
Although this is Szymon Szewczyk thread originaly (:D), could someone tell me how Bocevski looked like in Poland? rebounding, defense...everything?

Qba
07-16-2004, 05:57 AM

His stats - 13.3 ppg and 5.8 rpg. He was one of the best centers in our league, not because he is great player, but because we didn't have many good centers (only Wane, Samake and Wojcik - he was playing at center).

PHILIPeurobasket
07-16-2004, 09:04 AM

Qba and also Michael Ansley :)

Qba
07-17-2004, 07:14 AM

No, Ansley was playing PF

PHILIPeurobasket
07-17-2004, 09:58 PM

Sometimes he play on PF and sometimes on C :)

BallStorm
07-18-2004, 02:56 AM

Bocevski....If he is the one I'm thinking about , it is not a great news for olimpja...He played a few years ago in france and was not able to handle the center position against a strong opposition. If I'm right , he is used to play rather far from the basket and hit jumpers instead of playing with his back to the basket. All in all , not really an update of rahimic. (perhaps even the contrary). I doubt that he will be helpful in euroleague....but well , that is olimpja we are talking about , and miracles happened on a daily basis in that club ;)

vBulletin v3.0.8, Copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Joško Poljak Fan
05-15-2006, 09:50 AM
I think this year, eventhough he probably expected otherwise in the begining of the season, Szewczyk blew up his NBA dreams.
He is a great athlete, has a midrange shot, nice ballhandling... when it comes to offense he could be given a chance he is not really that bad with scoring, but he spoils it all with his defense. considering his athleticism he has all that's needed to be a great defensive player people might think, but actually I can't remember such an athletic player having such troubles in defense...
He might get a chance in a team like Toronto, Atlanta, considering that NBA centers aren't on some great level today either, but I wouldn't really be counting on him there either.

PHILIPeurobasket
05-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Szewczyk in upcominh season will arrived to Poland. Polish media write about Anwil or Prokom. Didi You know that Anwil want sign also Maciej Lampe !? :)

Markoishvili
05-15-2006, 09:59 PM
I don`t think Szewczyk is a great athlete...he has very nice leaping ability, but his footspeed is average at best. He is soft player, and his offensive game is raw. He is able to score some on drives, long-range shots here and there, but at the end of the day he doesn`t have consistent weapon. His basketball IQ looks very low, this is probably one of reasons why he will never achieve anything remarkable in his career...despite having good physique.

woma
05-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Szewczyk in upcominh season will arrived to Poland. Polish media write about Anwil or Prokom. Didi You know that Anwil want sign also Maciej Lampe !? :)
And Anwil also wanted to sign Linas Kleiza (buhahahaha), Kenan Bajramovic (buhahaha) and Ruben Wolkowyski (buhahaha). Dream on Philip.

It's possible that Szymon Szewczyk will be back in Poland - Prokom won't be interested in him, but Anwil can get him some looks and sounds like a potential candidate.

It's hard to argue with opinions posted here about S.S, I think he is maybe better offensively than you are saying, but I agree with every word about his defense and lack of basketball IQ.