PDA

View Full Version : Asia Championship 2017

Lamartine
02-18-2016, 10:52 AM
Australia is strongly consider bidding to host the 2017 FIBA Asia Cup or the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup. There is also the possibly of Australia and New Zealand making a joint bid. As FIBA doesn't have control over the NBA or NCAA college basketball, the Australian players in those two competitions won't be released for the international windows in November and February, but they should still be free for the June and September windows. http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/boomers-to-move-into-asia-play-regular-games-as-part-of-fiba-changes-20150814-giz9iv.html

I have some questions to ask:
- 2 teams from Oceania will participate in the next Fiba Asia Cup. Will this tournament remain with 16 teams? I mean if it remains with 16 teams, Fiba Asia should remove 2 spots from a sub-zone. it won't be fair..

- The rankings will be important for the 2019 World Cup Qualification because only 14 asian teams + 2 teams from Oceania aka Australia and New Zealand will compete (division A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlHjj0S9zIM). So I think it's better to have 24 teams. What do you think?

- What are the interests for the NT to play this competition which won't give tickets to the world cup or olympic games? but it can help them to have a better ranking…

judasmartel
02-20-2016, 01:09 PM
Australia is strongly consider bidding to host the 2017 FIBA Asia Cup or the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup. There is also the possibly of Australia and New Zealand making a joint bid. As FIBA doesn't have control over the NBA or NCAA college basketball, the Australian players in those two competitions won't be released for the international windows in November and February, but they should still be free for the June and September windows. http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/boomers-to-move-into-asia-play-regular-games-as-part-of-fiba-changes-20150814-giz9iv.html

I have some questions to ask:
- 2 teams from Oceania will participate in the next Fiba Asia Cup. Will this tournament remain with 16 teams? I mean if it remains with 16 teams, Fiba Asia should remove 2 spots from a sub-zone. it won't be fair..

- The rankings will be important for the 2019 World Cup Qualification because only 14 asian teams + 2 teams from Oceania aka Australia and New Zealand will compete (division A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlHjj0S9zIM). So I think it's better to have 24 teams. What do you think?

- What are the interests for the NT to play this competition which won't give tickets to the world cup or olympic games? but it can help them to have a better ranking…

Are Australia and New Zealand already included in the 2017 FIBA Asia Cup? I thought they will be included in 2021, but I'm not that sure. Please enlighten me.

As for your questions:

- Not really. Whether you remove the bottom 2 teams from FIBA Asia 2015 (Singapore and Malaysia) or the 15th & 16th Asian teams in the FIBA World Rankings (Kuwait and Uzbekistan) from Division A, the number of competitive Asian teams remain the same, so it's not really unfair. Division B must prove themselves worthy of being in Division A by earning their slots for the next qualifiers' Division A.

- As much as I want to support the move to make the Division A qualifiers a 24-team field, I don't see it happening considering how the Asia Zone is not as competitive as say, Europe. As some of our European friends pointed out in the Olympics thread, the reason why Europe has more slots is because it's so damn competitive it's difficult for even the strongest EU teams to make it to the WC or the Olympics. Whereas it's relatively easier, but still difficult, for non-EU teams to enter the world stage, thus they are only given 1 slot each in the Olympics (Americas have 2 because Team USA).

- The Zone Championships AFTER Olympic years (2017, 2021, etc.) do not have bearing for WC or Olympic qualification, but the ones BEFORE Olympic years (2019, 2023, etc.) do have bearing to Olympic qualification as the Top 2 teams in each zone will join the top 16 WC teams that didn't make it directly to the Olympics in four Olympic Qualifying Tournaments. Should any of the Top 2 teams in each zone are also one of the 16 non-qualified WC teams, the next best teams in each zone will take their spots.

- For example, let's say the top 8 Asia-Pacific teams after the 2019 WC qualifiers (including hosts China) are Australia, New Zealand, China, Iran, Philippines, Japan, and Lebanon. Let's say Australia comes out as the top Oceania team and China comes out as the top Asian team in the 2019 WC, then they make it to Tokyo 2020. Then let's say Iran is one of the Top 16 non-qualified WC teams and the Top 4 of the 2019 FIBA Asia Champs are Iran, Philippines, Japan, and Lebanon. As hosts of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, Japan is already qualified for the Olympics. As Iran is one of the top 16 non-qualified WC teams, Philippines and Lebanon make it to the OQT.

Lamartine
04-13-2016, 08:31 AM
Are Australia and New Zealand already included in the 2017 FIBA Asia Cup? I thought they will be included in 2021, but I'm not that sure. Please enlighten me.

As for your questions:

- Not really. Whether you remove the bottom 2 teams from FIBA Asia 2015 (Singapore and Malaysia) or the 15th & 16th Asian teams in the FIBA World Rankings (Kuwait and Uzbekistan) from Division A, the number of competitive Asian teams remain the same, so it's not really unfair. Division B must prove themselves worthy of being in Division A by earning their slots for the next qualifiers' Division A.

Fiba Asia officials came to Lebanon to explain the procedure.http://www.arabasket.com/2016/04/11/learn-more-about-the-new-fiba-system/
They explained 2 important things:

- as we know, Australia and New Zealand will participate in 2017 Fiba Asia Championship. The best 5 teams of 2017 Fiba Asia Challenge will give an additional slot to their zone.

- 2017 FIBA Asia Championship will be important because the best 14 teams of this tournament will qualify to the WC Qualification (division A).

16 countries will participate in 2017 Fiba Asia Championship. 2 countries are "already" qualified : Australia and New Zealand. Fiba Asia will choose the host country later. fiba asia challenge will be important to determinate how many slots will have each zone!

judasmartel
04-14-2016, 06:43 AM
Wait, what? Only 14? I thought they expanded FIBA Asia to 24 teams for 2017. Or is it for 2021?

Also, so FIBA Asia 2017 will decide which teams will make it to Division A of the Asia WC qualifiers?

Lamartine
04-14-2016, 07:29 AM
Wait, what? Only 14? I thought they expanded FIBA Asia to 24 teams for 2017. Or is it for 2021?

Also, so FIBA Asia 2017 will decide which teams will make it to Division A of the Asia WC qualifiers?

nothing is clear about the number of teams who will play in Fiba Asia 2017. maybe 16,

FIBA Asia 2017 will decide which teams will make it to Division A : the first 14 teams of the tournament will qualify to the WC. fiba asia will choose 2 additional teams.

allan_373
09-19-2016, 01:35 AM
I think 2 teams will be added Australia and New Zealand.Nobody will be removed from FIBA Asia actual teams.

hunight
09-27-2016, 03:46 AM
Do you have any official News from FIBA confirmed Asia Cup will add AUS and NZ?

I can't find it

Fiba Asia officials came to Lebanon to explain the procedure.http://www.arabasket.com/2016/04/11/learn-more-about-the-new-fiba-system/
They explained 2 important things:

- as we know, Australia and New Zealand will participate in 2017 Fiba Asia Championship. The best 5 teams of 2017 Fiba Asia Challenge will give an additional slot to their zone.

- 2017 FIBA Asia Championship will be important because the best 14 teams of this tournament will qualify to the WC Qualification (division A).

16 countries will participate in 2017 Fiba Asia Championship. 2 countries are "already" qualified : Australia and New Zealand. Fiba Asia will choose the host country later. fiba asia challenge will be important to determinate how many slots will have each zone!

zonglin
10-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Do you have any official News from FIBA confirmed Asia Cup will add AUS and NZ?

I can't find it
No official news but DJ Xie said that.

analyzed
12-22-2016, 08:46 PM
2017 FIBA Asia Pacific ( August 2017) proposal
4 groups with 4 teams
Group A: Melbourne, Australia
Group B: Perth, Australia
Group C: Brisbane Australia
Group D: Auckland, New Zealand

Round 2: Group E : Sydney Australia
Group F: Adelaide Australia
Semis and finals: Sydney Australia

What do you think?

FaLebanon
01-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Lebanon to bid for 2017 FIBA Asia Cup

judasmartel
01-11-2017, 09:20 PM
Lebanon to bid for 2017 FIBA Asia Cup

How is security going over there? Just asking, but I think it's about damn time Lebanon hosts FIBA Asia after your first attempt at hosting in the 2010's got rekt by security concerns, THEN you got suspended in 2013.

FaLebanon
01-18-2017, 04:39 PM
Lebanon will host the 2017 FIBA Asia Cup

Lebasketball
05-07-2017, 08:53 PM
I'm searching some games from the archive : Lebanon vs South Korea (semi-final Fiba Asia 2001)
Lebanon vs Venezuela (worldcup 2006)
Lebanon vs Canada (worldcup 2010)
Could somebody help me or send me a link.
Thank you a lot.

Lebasketball
05-20-2017, 06:23 PM
The draw for Fiba asia will be held in Lebanon on 30 may.
We have 4 teams in the pot 1 following the fiba ranking : Australia, NZ, China and Iran.
Lebanon as a host team can choose their group.

Lebasketball
05-27-2017, 03:00 PM
So the draw will be held tuesday in "Le Royal" hotel at 11:00 AM (Beirut time).

Stadium hosting Fiba Asia : Nouhad Nawfal

Capacity : +- 6000

Here's a link who shows the stadium : https://sports-961.com/lebanese-basketball-zouk-mikael-new-stadium-overview-pictures-video/

Lebasketball
05-29-2017, 02:12 PM
Pot 1 : Australia, NZ, China and Iran
Pot 2 : Philippines, Jordan, S Korea, Chinese Taipei
Pot 3 : Qatar, Kazakhstan, Japan, India
Pot 4 : Hong Kong, Irak, Syria and Lebanon

Lebanon as a host will choose their group that's why they are in the Pot 4.

Lebasketball
05-30-2017, 10:11 AM
Group A : Iran, Jordan, Syria, India
Group B : China, Philippines, Qatar, Irak
Group C : NZ, Korea, Lebanon, Kazakhstan
Group D : Australia, Japan, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong

Good luck to all teams and welcome to Lebanon !

locdogjr
05-30-2017, 01:42 PM
Taiwan has Australia in this tournament and the qualifiers,
damn.

Good luck!

Lebasketball
05-31-2017, 09:08 AM
I've read that Yi Jianlin is out of the team ?
Can anyone confirm ?
And what about the other nation ?
Will they send their best line-up ? Iran with Haddadi or without ?
S Korea ? Philippines ? Etc

McCalebb2015
06-09-2017, 05:36 AM
I've read that Yi Jianlin is out of the team ?
Can anyone confirm ?
And what about the other nation ?
Will they send their best line-up ? Iran with Haddadi or without ?
S Korea ? Philippines ? Etc

Yi Jianlian is not sure.

eshmawi
06-14-2017, 06:00 AM
Pierre Kakhia is loaded with money.Julian Khazzouh will play for lebanese NT , he will get paid 175 thousand dollar for his services.
There will be naturalized top foreigner alongside him too.

Lebanon are coming one hope, and thats winning the title.Pierre Kakhia is throwing all the money in the world for it.

Roofman
06-16-2017, 12:57 PM
If true that Julian Khazzouh will play for the Lebanese NT in FIBA Asia, that 175K surely talks! I subscribe to Australian basketball podcast Aussie Hoopla, and in a July 2016 interview, he stated that he saw himself as Australian despite various overtures to play for the Lebanese NT, and in fact was contacted by Australian NT coach Lemanis to attend the Boomers pre-Olympic training camp when Andrew Bogut got injured in that year's NBA finals to be part of a pool of 16. However, given his torn quadricep, he was in no position to attend the camp. FWIW, I see him as a sort of poisoned chalice for you given that he hasn't played in two years, and although talented, never had the desire to lock down players on the defensive end.

eshmawi
06-19-2017, 05:40 AM
Not many people are happy with Khazzouh being payed to play , some calling Julian Mercenary like Akram Halabi. I honestly want my NT to win, then again disappointed for it to go this way. Julian has no feeling for Lebanon, and is in it for the money.

Lebasketball
06-19-2017, 06:43 AM
Ok but you can't blame Khazzouh if he has no feelings for the NT. He was born abroad, his father never went on holiday in Lebanon. Plus since the first time he came to Lebanon (sagesse), the other fans was telling him that he was a Jewish and mocked him . I can't blame him and at the end he's a professional player.
We don't have center player as him so why be against him ?
And what is your feelings about Fadi's behavior ? He used to always cry like a baby "i don't want to play for the NT, I want holiday with my family ! I have a contract with my Chinese team and so on !"
Ok he's a legend for sure, he's our best player but he's worse than Khazzouh in my opinion coz he was born in Lebanon.

reamily
06-19-2017, 09:47 AM
Julian back then is australian at heart, since an australian team is the one whose giving him paychecks and australia is the one who will give him chance to play in olympics..
Come on, some players motivate to play in nt to prolong their careers..

Lebasketball
06-19-2017, 10:54 AM
Yes for sure his heart is Australian but as long he's doing his job with our NT as a professional player...why treat him like a sh*t ?
As for Akram Halabi, he lost the election against Kakhia that's why he's doing a big issue with Khazzouh gate !
The only thing I can say it's to congratulate the federation !!! And every Lebanese should be behind Kakhia because :
1) the guy is doing a great job : host the fiba asia
2) the woman NT is finally back
3) he's doing youth championship and wants to develop youth teams for every clubs from the D1
4) Making Khazzouh back after the failure of the ex federation to bring him
5) foreign referee to help the Lebanese one
6) the final of the championship ended in the court
7) ...

Lebanon NT is back and that's the most important thing !
We disappeared in the last 7 years because of people who don't give a sh*t about basketball...
Go Lebanon

Roofman
06-19-2017, 03:54 PM
For you Lebanese, you will probably never get a better chance to win an Asian championship. It seems like all the other major contenders will be weakened, while you will be at full strength and motivated to send off Fadi.
- China are divided into Team Red and Team Blue.
- Philippines probably won't have Blatche and there is infighting as usual between the SBP and PBA over releasing players. See the Philippines page for more.
- Australia have released their 20 man squad. About 15 players, including all current NBA players are missing. Team will be well prepared, Lemanis said that the team wants to win but the overriding focus is on preparing for the later World Cup qualifiers. More info here:
http://basketball.net.au/helloworld-travel-boomers-squad-invited-to-fiba-asia-cup-camp
- New Zealand may be the favourite in this tournament, at least they are according to (Australian legend) Andrew Gaze. It is doubtful that Steven Adams will play (he's never played for their national team at any level) and possibly their next two best players, Tai Webster (NBA draft prospect) and Isaac Fotu may be unavailable. For the first time ever, the national team coach (Paul Henare) is also the coach of the NZ Breakers in the Australian league, meaning the core of the NZ NT play together virtually year round together, a substantial advantage.
- Iran are also a dark horse. Will their guard play hold up and Haddadi and Kazemi be available? If either of those bring negative answers, I think Lebanon have a shot.

One question for Lebanese fans. Why pay Julian in this dead rubber tournament (I mean no qualification is at stake), when they could pay him in the qualifiers? Or will they do both?

Lebasketball
06-19-2017, 04:17 PM
It will be for both (fiba asia 2017 and the qualification).
Yes we do have a shot and that's why the federation is working hard. In the past we were so close ! So yes it's maybe our last chance and I hope we can make it even though it's not a qualification edition. You know it's just the pride and the feeling to be champion of the biggest continent for 4 years !

adrax
06-23-2017, 03:55 AM
It will be for both (fiba asia 2017 and the qualification).
Yes we do have a shot and that's why the federation is working hard. In the past we were so close ! So yes it's maybe our last chance and I hope we can make it even though it's not a qualification edition. You know it's just the pride and the feeling to be champion of the biggest continent for 4 years !

The philippines is making a two national team which is called gilas cadets which is composed of
players coming from college local and abroad, amatures and pba d league players.Gilas Pilipinas which is composed of senior National players.
Now philippines might just send team b in this tournament which we really are now focusing on the qualifiers this coming
November which is more important.also still SBP and PBA are still discussing or debating if they will realese the players
Because it conflict the pba season.we dont want to risk jordan clarkson or blatche play in a no bearing
Tournament.

But still im hoping gilas will send atleast half of the full roster of gilas with blatche.

OSHAFA
06-24-2017, 10:37 AM
Jordan NT Preliminary Roster for FIBA Asia Cup 2017

Ahmad Dwairi (Fenerbahce - Turkey)
Zaid Abbas (Tongxi - China)
Dar Tucker (Estudiantes - Argentina)
Mohammad Shaher (FUS - Morocco)
Mahmoud Abdeen
Mousa Awadi
Malek Kanaan
Ali Jamal
Sami Bzai (NCAA - USA)
Jordan Dasqui (NCAA - USA)
Amin Abuhawwas
Ahmad Obeid
Ahmad Hamarsheh
Abudllah Sawalhi
Yazan Taweel
Yousef Abuwazaneh
Nader Ahmad

Coach : Sam Daghlas

Lebasketball
06-24-2017, 11:27 AM
Jordan NT Preliminary Roster for FIBA Asia Cup 2017

Ahmad Dwairi (Fenerbahce - Turkey)
Zaid Abbas (Tongxi - China)
Dar Tucker (Estudiantes - Argentina)
Mohammad Shaher (FUS - Morocco)
Mahmoud Abdeen
Mousa Awadi
Malek Kanaan
Ali Jamal
Sami Bzai (NCAA - USA)
Jordan Dasqui (NCAA - USA)
Amin Abuhawwas
Ahmad Obeid
Ahmad Hamarsheh
Abudllah Sawalhi
Yazan Taweel
Yousef Abuwazaneh
Nader Ahmad

Coach : Sam Daghlas

That's what we call a great news ! Im very happy for our Jordanian brother. We (bilad al sham) have to keep this sport and protect it :)

alexbolt84
06-25-2017, 10:17 AM
No way Yi Jianlin will not play :(:confused:
On 777score.com (http://777score.com)you can see teams which are playing but unfortunately not players :(
Among countries, know for sure about Philippines.

Can't wait for 8.08.17 :o

OSHAFA
06-25-2017, 11:00 AM
That's what we call a great news ! Im very happy for our Jordanian brother. We (bilad al sham) have to keep this sport and protect it :)

Thanks Lebasketball, we wish Lebanon a Succesfull Asian Cup on your homesoul

Roofman
06-28-2017, 10:42 AM
It appears that NZ will send a young and experimental team to the FIBA Asia Cup. Although the squad hasn't yet been announced, it is probably that the Webster brothers won't appear. Can only help Lebanon's chances further.:cool:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/basketball/news/article.cfm?c_id=21&objectid=11883204

Lebasketball
06-29-2017, 08:44 AM
It seems that Khazzouh is still injured so he will probably not join the NT.

sinobball
07-06-2017, 07:53 PM
What are the interests for the NT to play this competition which won't give tickets to the world cup or olympic games? but it can help them to have a better ranking…
FIBA rankings are a joke, this is the consensus on this board and elsewhere (e.g. on betting websites). Personally I never check them.

reamily
07-07-2017, 09:04 AM
I dont know why we are so obsessed with that "ranking" thing..

khaledlebanon
07-16-2017, 07:48 PM
I still can't get how some are still insisting that this tournament is not important, why?

Its the Asian Championship, the winner will be the Asian Champion for the next four years! In football, do you see national teams not sending their best players to the Euro, Copa Americs, Asia Cup etc?

Qualiyfing to the World Cup or olympics is important, but winning a Continental Championship is as important! If Australia and New Zealand dont want to send their A teams, then why bring them to Asia? They shouldnt be given the Chance to participate...

Anyway, the best asian teams like China Iran Korea Japan Tawian Jordan and Lebanon are sending their A teams so thats great... I hope Philippines sends their A team otherwise they'll regret it in future! This tournament will only be played every 4 years like in football from now on and winning it should be a priority for all Asia's big national teams!

eshmawi
08-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Lots of top players missing. This is "Abou Liras" last chance to finally deliver a title to Lebanon, or else no one should ever call him "King of Asia".

Lebasketball
08-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Lots of top players missing. This is "Abou Liras" last chance to finally deliver a title to Lebanon, or else no one should ever call him "King of Asia".

Come on man ! It's not an individual game...he can't win it alone (I guess you never watched a basketball game to say that one player can give you a championship) and to be honest I don't see us favorite to win it.
Australia is for sure the favorite one even without their NBA players. Plus they are very good teams like Philippines, China, Iran, NZ, S Korea, etc so stop disrespecting other NT.
Instead of beeing all behind the NT. They will always be guys like you who talk sh*t before 4 days of the first ever and last fiba asia in Lebanon. I don't know if it's jealousy ?
Like Guy Manoukian who talks bad about Fadi, Amir and Nadim 4 days before the Fiba Asia Cup. Whyyyy ????
Im not a big fan of Fadi but come on stop hating on him. He gave a lot to Lebanon and btw he's nickname is "Tiger of Asia" (just for your information) not the King of Asia ;)
And I don't think Fadi is waiting for you to be called king or tiger or whatever hehe just see how the other players and fans around the world love him ! One week ago against Turkey, Turkoglu himself came to take a picture with the Tiger.
Good luck to all teams.
Special good luck to Jordan, Syria and Iraq.

eshmawi
08-04-2017, 11:02 AM
I am fed up with Fadis nonsense tbh.
There is reason everyone calls him abou lira, we all know it he refused to play for NT years ago.Now he likes "Pierre Kakhia" because Pierre is loaded with money.He plays for NT for money.
Also Ahmad Ibrahim >>> Nadim or Amir.

chacharko
08-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Will Ware play for Jordan? This "official" rosters on FIBA site are kinda weird. No Pelle (played), no Ware..

Lebasketball
08-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Congrats to Lebanon. Hardluck S Korea.
It was a high level game especially the Q1 and Q2.
We played great, we were good at the defense but we were struggling with the koreans way of playing attack (they used so much pick and roll, they killed us with this in the Q1 but after that Butautas adjust our defense).
Arakji was very good but damn he must score his FT !!!
Haidar a real beast.
BTW Pelle just played 6 minutes (Q1).
Overall it was a good start, it's never easy to play the first game especially against a great team like Korea.
Special mention to the fans ! You were amazing !

CKR13
08-08-2017, 09:48 PM
The Lebanon - Korea game was great until the last minute. Reminds me of the intensity in 2015 FIBA Asia where these two teams played. Pelle looks lost in the offense and hardly contributed. He's too young to be an instant impact of a player. This is where Haidar and Abd El Nour have risen to the occasion.

CKR13
08-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Australia - Japan game looked very easy for the Boomers. Japan had no shotblocking presence to start with. The likes of Ota, Harimoto and Takeuchi do not even jump to contest a shot, just raise the hand and that's it. Aussie guards had a field day going into the lane off a screen.

Lebasketball
08-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Congrats to NZ, hard luck to us.
I said that we lack good shooters and i was right about that. We can not win a game with only 2 3's. Arakji was stopped but come on i said it in an old post ! Fahed > Arakji... he doesn't know how to shot a FT !!! Unfortunately it's black or white with him.
Butautas should let play Pelle more minutes ! He's a monster under the basket and all the game they were killing us inside so give him more minutes !
But credit to NZ, respect to them !
Now we will probably play against Chinese Taipei or Japan and if we win we will play against Iran or Philippines !
Hard QF

CKR13
08-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Lebanon - New Zealand was easily the game of the night. Youngsters now finding their footing and they are surprisingly athletic.

crush
08-10-2017, 11:28 PM
Lebanon - New Zealand was easily the game of the night. Youngsters now finding their footing and they are surprisingly athletic.

Their youngsters are good. Good composure against the home team and its veterans.

Good luck to your next game, Lebanon. The second seed is still up for grabs.

ja.he
08-11-2017, 02:54 AM
kazakhstan's performance is becoming worse as years goes. have anyone notice that? they are becoming the korea's bitch now. i thought in 2007, they looked promising. then 10 years later, they are getting beaten black and blue by their asian opponents. seriously? korea were bamboozled by russia and lithuania - former soviet countries just like the kazakhstan.

why am i getting disappointed? because just like russia and lithuania, kazakh players possess the size for a basketball team. however, something is wrong within their training. just wondering.

eshmawi
08-11-2017, 03:45 AM
Congrats to NZ, hard luck to us.
I said that we lack good shooters and i was right about that. We can not win a game with only 2 3's. Arakji was stopped but come on i said it in an old post ! Fahed > Arakji... he doesn't know how to shot a FT !!! Unfortunately it's black or white with him.
Butautas should let play Pelle more minutes ! He's a monster under the basket and all the game they were killing us inside so give him more minutes !
But credit to NZ, respect to them !
Now we will probably play against Chinese Taipei or Japan and if we win we will play against Iran or Philippines !
Hard QF

No doubt ARAKJI >>> Fahed. Not a chance. Fahed was only good at NT level some players like Fahed Bawji succeed with NT while they play below par for their clubs.
ARakji plays great both places, nt and club.

The reason we lost, is because Fadi el Khaib choked down the stretch.He made costly two turnovers, missed couple of shots.. he tried playing hero ball which affected the other players. It should be a team.

reamily
08-11-2017, 05:23 AM
No doubt ARAKJI >>> Fahed. Not a chance. Fahed was only good at NT level some players like Fahed Bawji succeed with NT while they play below par for their clubs.

The reason we lost, is because Fadi el Khaib choked down the stretch.He made costly two turnovers, missed couple of shots.. he tried playing hero ball which affected the other players. It should be a team.

Nah maybe he was clutch in the spreads hahaha..just ask Oh Se Keun hahaha

Lebasketball
08-11-2017, 06:41 AM

Arakji better overall player but not a better player when it counts. Fahed at his prime yesterday would scored easily minimum 18 points ! Arakji always struggle against PG who has speed and know how to defend ! Ok he's still young but missing FT in korea game and NZ like bassem balaa it's a disgrace !
Fadi was alone he did everything so no the reason why we lost is the very poor performance of Arakji ! I guess you are a Riyadi fan to hate Kakhia Fadi and to say that Arakji is >>>>>> Fahed !
Be objective Arakji was 0 yesterday he scored 2 points ?
Khatib against korea was not good and he still scored 16 points
You know what i mean ? Even when you have a day off you have to score a minimum and that's what Arakji lacks !

salda
08-11-2017, 08:12 AM
Is Kevin Ware going to join team Jordan for today's game against India? What documents is he waiting for?

OSHAFA
08-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Is Kevin Ware going to join team Jordan for today's game against India? What documents is he waiting for?

Unfortunately NO, FIBA asked for a Passport with 5 Years and he has one with only 1 Year.
He even might not play against Iran if they don't solve the Problem until Sunday.

jasper222
08-12-2017, 03:31 AM
Do other countries see Philippines as a power in Asian basketball?

There's this weird feeling in me that doesn't think so.

judasmartel
08-12-2017, 05:56 AM
For today's games, Lebanon needs to win Kazakhstan and for Korea to win NZ by 3-8 points to get top seed in Group C.

NZ just needs to win Korea or lose by only 1-2 points to keep top spot, while Korea needs to win NZ by 9+ points to get top spot.

Lebasketball
08-12-2017, 08:10 AM
Do other countries see Philippines as a power in Asian basketball?

There's this weird feeling in me that doesn't think so.

I think who knows basketball in the Asian level for sure for them Philippines is a powerhouse. Since 2011 you are back in the top 4 and you played good basketball in the world stage against Argentina Croatia France NZ etc.
BTW it's not too much important how others see your NT because the answer was and will always be in the court.

CKR13
08-12-2017, 11:12 AM
David Andersen will miss the rest of the tournament due to a shoulder injury. He will be flying home so AUS will play with an 11 man squad.

JGX
08-12-2017, 05:25 PM
Interesting finish between Korea and New Zealand, where the Koreans let New Zealand hold the ball for the last shot despite needing more than a one-point win to advance. Guess they figured they couldn't make up the necessary points and just wanted the win?

splitzapper
08-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Interesting finish between Korea and New Zealand, where the Koreans let New Zealand hold the ball for the last shot despite needing more than a one-point win to advance. Guess they figured they couldn't make up the necessary points and just wanted the win?

Don't you think the better play was letting Heo miss both free throws to extend the game?

jasper222
08-12-2017, 08:25 PM
That's still impressive for SK to win against NZ.

JGX
08-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Don't you think the better play was letting Heo miss both free throws to extend the game?

Certainly. I wonder if he was trying to miss the second and made it anyway. Glad it worked out that way, overtime shouldn't count in point differential.

salda
08-13-2017, 08:10 AM
Does anybody have any idea about how serious Bhriguvanshi's injury is? He missed the last game. Will he be able to face Syria today?

reamily
08-13-2017, 10:23 AM
Certainly. I wonder if he was trying to miss the second and made it anyway. Glad it worked out that way, overtime shouldn't count in point differential.
So korea wanted to fi ish first hahaha

Lebasketball
08-13-2017, 02:09 PM
First of all hard luck Iraq ! They lack the experience to end a match but it's something that you get step by step.

Secondly big respect to the Gilas fans in Lebanon !
You guys are amazing ! Your passion for the game is always something special !

Good luck to Jordan and Syria tonight. It won't be easy at all.

Lebasketball
08-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Al Nashama give a hell of a fight against Iran. Jordanian can be proud of their team ! I hope their federation learn from this game that they have the talent to compete with the best even without Dwairi, Abbas and the naturalized player so they should work to put back Jordan in the Asian map (integrate Dwairi, a strong league, etc).
Hard luck Al Nashama

So a possible Iran Lebanon in QF if Lebanon defeats Chinese Taipei !

Jordan- Irak : an interesting game (Iraq deserve to be in QF but after Jordan's game against Iran, i don't know both of them deserve to be honnest, i think Jordan if they focus they can win it)
Big credit to Abdeen's game ! I love this player !

Apollo
08-13-2017, 07:47 PM
So a possible Iran Lebanon in QF if Lebanon defeats Chinese Taipei !

This should almost be a certainty as Chinese Taipei have been really really disappointing this tournament. Gilas Cadets clobbered these guys last month so I don't see any reason Lebanon have any trouble whatsoever with them. Iran/Lebanon is gonna be helluva game!

salda
08-13-2017, 08:24 PM
Kevin Ware would be crucial for Jordan against Iraq on Monday. Will he play? Or is the problem with passport so huge that it can't be fixed by the authorities in time?

judasmartel
08-13-2017, 10:08 PM
Playoff games are pretty much set.

Lebanon/Taiwan vs Iran
Japan/Korea vs Philippines
Jordan/Iraq vs New Zealand
China/Syria vs Australia

CKR13
08-14-2017, 03:42 AM
One can see from Korea's training today the hardwork they are putting up for their Japan match. This is the first time where Koreans don't feel that advantage of just playing and they'll win as this is a different Japan team for them.

eshmawi
08-15-2017, 08:10 AM
Lebanon vs Iran in quarters, Its hard to predict. Heart says Lebanon, head says Iran. Pelle has to matchup with Ehadadi, this is why he was brought in and naturalized.

Lebasketball
08-15-2017, 12:16 PM
Lebanon vs Iran in quarters, Its hard to predict. Heart says Lebanon, head says Iran. Pelle has to matchup with Ehadadi, this is why he was brought in and naturalized.

Exactly !
Iran it's maybe our biggest rival in this last decade !
Who can forget 2007 ? 10 Years passed but never forgotten !
I hope that tomorrow we can take revenge from 2007 !
To be honest I wanted to play against Iran just for that ! I know it will be hard but if we lose it means that we don't deserve to be in the semi-final !
I think tomorrow the stadium will turn into hell !

Lebasketball
08-15-2017, 04:10 PM
Really big respect to the Syrian NT !!!
They play with heart ! Credit to the fans also !
Halftime Syria up by 8 !

eshmawi
08-15-2017, 05:01 PM
Really big respect to the Syrian NT !!!
They play with heart ! Credit to the fans also !
Halftime Syria up by 8 !

China been the joke of the tournament to be honest. All this nba players they pay millions and millions to come to their league, and level of their players are poor.
Syria, and IRAQ both war zone countries deserved to win vs China.

eshmawi
08-15-2017, 05:03 PM
Exactly !
Iran it's maybe our biggest rival in this last decade !
Who can forget 2007 ? 10 Years passed but never forgotten !
I hope that tomorrow we can take revenge from 2007 !
To be honest I wanted to play against Iran just for that ! I know it will be hard but if we lose it means that we don't deserve to be in the semi-final !
I think tomorrow the stadium will turn into hell !

Yeh, that title we felt it was stolen from us.It was when Ehadadi rise came and we got to know him. No Yao, No ehadadi we might have couple of championships by now.

Rico101
08-15-2017, 05:14 PM
hats off to madanly(this guy is a beast) and haddad guy(really felt sorry for him, the pressure to bring your team in overtime is no joke). syrian basketball has my respect

crush
08-15-2017, 05:27 PM
Wow. Tough luck Syria, China just that one in the end.

For sure the teams that beat them and almost beat China got game. But what's with China this tournament? Did having 2 national teams made them so much beatable?

Softtouch
08-15-2017, 09:02 PM
Wow. Tough luck Syria, China just that one in the end.

For sure the teams that beat them and almost beat China got game. But what's with China this tournament? Did having 2 national teams made them so much beatable?

They are vulnerable if playing outside China..just check their 2013 Fiba asia championship performance in Manila..beaten by korea and chinese taipei despite fielding probably their best lineup..and 2014 asian games beaten by japan and almost beaten again by CT placing 5th..

Apollo
08-15-2017, 09:58 PM
China been the joke of the tournament to be honest. All this nba players they pay millions and millions to come to their league, and level of their players are poor.

I was a bit skeptical at first when Yao Ming decided to split China into two squads. It might be part arrogance on them thinking they had the depth to win & compete with Asian teams. Looking just at Iraq & Syria, the compete level has certainly grown. Madanly btw was a beast. When he was teammates with Jayson Castro in the PBA, its was a bit surprising both those guys couldn't win the title that year.

McCalebb2015
08-15-2017, 11:24 PM
They are vulnerable if playing outside China..just check their 2013 Fiba asia championship performance in Manila..beaten by korea and chinese taipei despite fielding probably their best lineup..and 2014 asian games beaten by japan and almost beaten again by CT placing 5th..

Yeah.Gilas was beaten by China team B in 2014 Asia game;).

Softtouch
08-16-2017, 01:11 AM
Yeah.Gilas was beaten by China team B in 2014 Asia game;).

Zhou Qi;Guo Ailun;Ding Y;Zhou Peng;Wang Zhelin and others I cant remember was there so not your team B..

reamily
08-16-2017, 03:34 AM
Zhou Qi;Guo Ailun;Ding Y;Zhou Peng;Wang Zhelin and others I cant remember was there so not your team B..

Han Dejun is their best center (ok Wang Zhelin has potential but not matured yet and Zhou Qi is defensive c pf)..

If you have the best c best point gaurd arguably the best sf (Zhou peng)..6th man Li Gen

China Blue is really team A(A1 minus Yi (best pf who is also china blue member)

And China Red is more A2

splitzapper
08-16-2017, 04:48 AM
Han Dejun is their best center (ok Wang Zhelin has potential but not matured yet and Zhou Qi is defensive c pf)..

If you have the best c best point gaurd arguably the best sf (Zhou peng)..6th man Li Gen

China Blue is really team A(A1 minus Yi (best pf who is also china blue member)

And China Red is more A2

Han Dehun kind of reminds me of one of China's old gentle giant, Shan Tao.

mohsena2631
08-16-2017, 04:57 AM
so after all Group A wasn't the easiest group of the competition ! Jordan beat Iraq easily and Syria almost beat China.

still our performance in 2nd half of both Jordan and Syria games were disastrous and very disappointing. very lazy defense, I had hard time to understand coach Hatami sometimes. I'm not sure if he was testing different situations (since Haddadi and Sahakian almost didn't train with the team) or that was his "master" coaching but if we play like that we will be in big big trouble in knockout games.

and we still miss Kamrani, I never considered Aslani a good player, Mashayekhi is fine but he is no Kamrani, Hatami even sometimes has to play with Yakhchali as PG. he is great but not as a point guard. Becirovic tried that before and failed. win or lose, Mashhoun's era is over. we need a big change in Iranian basketball. he doesn't even care anymore.

splitzapper
08-16-2017, 04:59 AM
so after all Group A wasn't the easiest group of the competition ! Jordan beat Iraq easily and Syria almost beat China.

still our performance in 2nd half of both Jordan and Syria games were disastrous and very disappointing. very lazy defense, I had hard time to understand coach Hatami sometimes. I'm not sure if he was testing different situations (since Haddadi and Sahakian almost didn't train with the team) or that was his "master" coaching but if we play like that we will be in big big trouble in knockout games.

and we still miss Kamrani, I never considered Aslani a good player, Mashayekhi is fine but he is no Kamrani, Hatami even sometimes has to play with Yakhchali as PG. he is great but not as a point guard. Becirovic tried that before and failed. win or lose, Mashhoun's era is over. we need a big change in Iranian basketball. he doesn't even care anymore.

Hello Mohsena. Do you like your team's chances vs Lebanon in the quarters? Crazy crowd support for the home team as well.

mohsena2631
08-16-2017, 06:32 AM
Hello Mohsena. Do you like your team's chances vs Lebanon in the quarters? Crazy crowd support for the home team as well.

It's not like our players never played against such crowd before even though our current team is less experienced and they didn't play a close game yet and
as I said our team wasn't convincing so far but I still think they can handle playing in a hostile situation. even though I would prefer Korea or even New Zealand instead of the host team for this crucial QF game. we have a bad memory of winning easy games in group rounds and then losing in the quarterfinal, to me QF is always the most important game of the tournament.

McCalebb2015
08-16-2017, 07:42 AM
Man!This is 2014 not now.They are youth players in 2014 except for Zhou Peng.Whatever,Gilas only lose Blatche.We also didn't have naturalized player.

McCalebb2015
08-16-2017, 07:48 AM
If we can choose American players like Gilas,team Blue is just China Team Z.;)

McCalebb2015
08-16-2017, 07:51 AM
Han Dehun kind of reminds me of one of China's old gentle giant, Shan Tao.

Sorry!We have no player called Han Dehun.;)

McCalebb2015
08-16-2017, 07:58 AM

Yeah.Team China was very weak.BTW,in my impression,we have never lost a game with Team Lebanon.

splitzapper
08-16-2017, 08:39 AM
Sorry!We have no player called Han Dehun.;)

McCalebb2015 that was just a typo. Was referring to Han Dejun. Quite an amiable guy, just like Shan Tao, he bows before leaving the court.

splitzapper
08-16-2017, 08:42 AM
It's not like our players never played against such crowd before even though our current team is less experienced and they didn't play a close game yet and
as I said our team wasn't convincing so far but I still think they can handle playing in a hostile situation. even though I would prefer Korea or even New Zealand instead of the host team for this crucial QF game. we have a bad memory of winning easy games in group rounds and then losing in the quarterfinal, to me QF is always the most important game of the tournament.

Thanks for the response. I still have Iran with a slight advantage vs Lebanon. Historically, Lebanon has trouble beating Iran. But I do agree that Kamrani's presence is missed.

eshmawi
08-16-2017, 08:48 AM
It was 2007, when China and Yao were not there.It was our opportunity to finally win, after racking so many second spots to China.But Hamed Ehadadi came in, and ruined our chance. This match today will be biggest in history of lebanese basketball.

Yes, we never beat China in Fiba Asia I think.Although we should have in 2009 when referees had different ideas :mad:

Lebasketball
08-16-2017, 09:05 AM
China vs Lebanon 2009 --> ref with a foul called against Fahed with 1 minute left how can we forget this ! Inexistant foul !
China vs Lebanon 2001 --> they were struggling against us with Yao in Shangai in the group stage and the crowd begun to throw cissors and their players fought us man !!!

All I know is that a population of 3 000 000 made scared more than a billion Chinese ;)

splitzapper
08-16-2017, 09:18 AM
China vs Lebanon 2009 --> ref with a foul called against Fahed with 1 minute left how can we forget this ! Inexistant foul !
China vs Lebanon 2001 --> they were struggling against us with Yao in Shangai in the group stage and the crowd begun to throw cissors and their players fought us man !!!

All I know is that a population of 3 000 000 made scared more than a billion Chinese ;)

Any chance of you guys watching it live in the arena? Crowd support is the X-FACTOR!

Softtouch
08-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Man!This is 2014 not now.They are youth players in 2014 except for Zhou Peng.Whatever,Gilas only lose Blatche.We also didn't have naturalized player.

Whatever reasons..Castro was not there also..what about your losses during manila championships was that your youth team too?I respect the chinese team what I was pointing out too is that every time they play outside mainland china for the past ten years they dont seem to do well..A lot of factors to consider like players not taking national team duties seriously if it wasnt on china;not being able to adjust to the host climate;player availability etc..

reamily
08-16-2017, 10:30 AM
But Fiba world cup is in china, so looks like China's one foot is already at the door of tokyo olympics..

Mika Hakinen
08-16-2017, 11:38 AM
Disgusting crap in 4th q, how much money China spend to Syria to win this after 3rd q? :confused: Shame on FIBA one more time

McCalebb2015
08-16-2017, 12:34 PM
Disgusting crap in 4th q, how much money China spend to Syria to win this after 3rd q? :confused: Shame on FIBA one more time

Ridiculous!Team Syria has no good bench players enough.Their core players have a huge impact on physical decline in 4rd q.

weward
08-16-2017, 01:34 PM

It was in the last minute! There was no foul. There was a clear distance and no impedance to movements or whatever but the ref whistled for a foul.

jasper222
08-16-2017, 03:00 PM
Lol you wanna talk missed Chinese calls? Watch whenever a Chinese does a spin move, it's a travel but they don't call it. But when people like Castro do a stutter step it's always a travel. Or how about the flopping? Cruz called for flopping because flop=tech in FIBA even though Li Gen was the one who elbowed him, but China is never called for flopping at all, see example like Romeo doing a spin move to pass to Almazan.

That's why nobody likes to play in mainland China, because if the calls are already wack overseas in FIBA Asia what more on their home turf lol.

crush
08-16-2017, 05:53 PM
A well deserved win for South Korea. Hats off to them. Congrats!

To Gilas, win or lose we will continue supporting our national team. Cheers!

crush
08-16-2017, 06:12 PM

IMHO, it was the Chinese teams' better play and end game execution that won the game, Iraq just collapsed in the end.

mohsena2631
08-16-2017, 08:59 PM
Yeah baby. semifinal here we go ! Not the best of performances again but we got the job done. and that's all that matters in this stage of the competition.

pity we played very soft in defense in last 3-4 minutes letting them to narrow the lead to just 10 . we could win by much more but that's probably doesn't matter .

even though I think coach Hatami had made some good decisions in crucial moments but still this is unbelievable to play almost the whole game with 6 players ! he HAD to bench Haddadi in 3rd quarter. he knows they called up Haddadi from his holiday and he is not in great shape to play the entire game. even though the last time he played the entire game in a QF was in 2011 and we know what happened !

while all 6 players played good tonight I believe Mashayekhi was the star of the day, he scored few crucial baskets in 3rd quarter when we were in trouble.

and I hope Hatami doesn't repeat the same mistake against Korea, in that game we can bench Haddadi for few minutes, Arghavan is good enough to handle the Korean centers. please don't exhaust Hamed more than this ! in past few years we usually had no problems with Korea except for 2014 Incheon final but this Korea is getting better and better throughout the tournament

mohsena2631
08-16-2017, 09:13 PM
I didn't watch the start of the game as the Iranian sport channel didn't show it live with sounds on but now I'm reading Arsalan Kazemi's interview and few other comments in some social media , nice job by Lebanese fans to boo the national anthem , that was pure class even though I didn't expect anything else and of course they got their answer in the court.

eshmawi
08-16-2017, 09:28 PM
Congratulations Mohsena, your team deserved the win.

orget the booing part it has to do a bit political too ( so i dont wanna into that discussion).

We need to drop the 3 foreigner rule. We lost because of Walid Nassar.

reamily
08-16-2017, 11:30 PM
Bad game for us, we knew where exactly the punches came from yet we still receive all of them..Our bigs are exposed but that was due to the game plan..

CKR13
08-17-2017, 01:11 AM
#32 Lee Jong-Hyun DNP for Korea last night due to a sprained ankle. Hur Jae said Lee will be available in the next game.

Lebasketball
08-17-2017, 07:28 AM
Congrats to Iran !
They were better than us. As i said before the tournament we lack shooters especially in the starting 5 so they played zone defence they just killed us and i think our players had too much respect to Iran especially at the beggining, they were lost but at the same time big credit to Iran. I don't know if they are better individually but they are so much better than us as a team and a very high basketball IQ. We lack also this.
Something must be review in our basketball (3 foreigners, naturalized player, coach, etc).
We must learn how to loose to win.
Congrats one more time Iran.

lebanese NT
08-17-2017, 07:58 AM
Yeah baby. semifinal here we go ! Not the best of performances again but we got the job done. and that's all that matters in this stage of the competition.

pity we played very soft in defense in last 3-4 minutes letting them to narrow the lead to just 10 . we could win by much more but that's probably doesn't matter .

even though I think coach Hatami had made some good decisions in crucial moments but still this is unbelievable to play almost the whole game with 6 players ! he HAD to bench Haddadi in 3rd quarter. he knows they called up Haddadi from his holiday and he is not in great shape to play the entire game. even though the last time he played the entire game in a QF was in 2011 and we know what happened !

while all 6 players played good tonight I believe Mashayekhi was the star of the day, he scored few crucial baskets in 3rd quarter when we were in trouble.

and I hope Hatami doesn't repeat the same mistake against Korea, in that game we can bench Haddadi for few minutes, Arghavan is good enough to handle the Korean centers. please don't exhaust Hamed more than this ! in past few years we usually had no problems with Korea except for 2014 Incheon final but this Korea is getting better and better throughout the tournament

Congrats for the win and we appologize for the booing. I was in the court and i was furious about it. One of the Federation members raised his hand asking the fans not to do that alas! As for the game this tournament proved your superiority over us in basketball. It is sealed. Especially on the mental side. We are a very emotional team and you can easily get us out of system. Hadadi is a one of a kind!

eshmawi
08-17-2017, 04:35 PM
China are playing vs Australia the way we expected them to play their first four games. They elevated their game today.

Lebasketball
08-19-2017, 03:46 PM
We can clearely see why Lebanon and Philippines are not in the semi-final !
I think it's ok to say that Lebanon and Philippines have some good and talented players but what makes the difference between us and for example Iran ?
We rely a lot on the 1 on 1 or street basketball
Basketball is a team sport and you can't win playing like this ! The Two teams don't know how to control the tempo, the rythm and basketball is all about the rythm.
We have to learn back the basis.
For exemple Arakji is always playing uptempo but sometimes he should not. He must improve three things : the tempo, his shootings and his free throw.
We rely a lot on Fadi and when a team like Iran stopped him well we were lost.

Now we will play the 5th place like two years ago. It's disappointing but we have to stay optimistic and find a way to be back in the top 4 in 2021 !

eshmawi
08-19-2017, 05:16 PM
I really dislike the addition of new zealand and australia, it basically killed any chance for many teams to win ever. their second third teams are capable of winning by 20 - 30 points.All this with 5 - 10 NBA players missing from them.

i hope its either korea or iran holding the title.

mohsena2631
08-19-2017, 08:45 PM
oh man games like this are no good for health ;) what a game , we had so many up and downs. we started great, then 2nd quarter was beyond terrible. despite our tough defense Korea still had a hot shooting night,

that was the worst Haddadi ever tonight, he had his 1st FG in last 2-3 minutes ! he is our best player for sure but sometimes he becomes our weakness and unfortunately coach Hatami didn't have ball to bench him. Hamed only started to do something after his 4th foul !

great game for Arsalan, Great game for Yakhchali. he is making the 3s even better than Afagh. Jamshidi was good despite some stupid turnovers .

I don't think we stand a chance in the final, specially now since our starters are probably very tired. I'm already happy with the result, things didn't go well in preparations this year and they had to call up Oshin and Haddadi very late.

McCalebb2015
08-20-2017, 02:36 AM
I really dislike the addition of new zealand and australia, it basically killed any chance for many teams to win ever. their second third teams are capable of winning by 20 - 30 points.All this with 5 - 10 NBA players missing from them.

i hope its either korea or iran holding the title.

Actually, Asia basketball level is too low.Boomers and Tall Blacks are both just team C.

eshmawi
08-20-2017, 07:09 AM
Actually, Asia basketball level is too low.Boomers and Tall Blacks are both just team C.

Yeh they belong to europe probably, not asia. If we gonna speak level.
If we will speak geography they are not in asia either.

the history of asian bball will change alot with australia & nz coming along.

eshmawi
08-20-2017, 07:14 AM
My Ranking for A teams

1 - Australia

big gap

2 - New Zealand

big gap

3 - China
4 - Iran

small gap

5 - Philippines/Lebanon/South Korea

this should be 7 teams representing asia in world cup.

Jon_Koncak
08-20-2017, 09:34 AM
I agree that moving New Zealand and Australia to Asia doesnt seem like a wise choice.I mean they propably took the idea from FIFA but in soccer quite a few Asian teams are competitive.It's depressing to see Australia
s 3rd team just steamroll over their compeittion.In the end playing against Fiji Islands or playing against Japan doesnt make much of a difference for them.

Lebasketball
08-20-2017, 12:46 PM
I agree that moving New Zealand and Australia to Asia doesnt seem like a wise choice.I mean they propably took the idea from FIFA but in soccer quite a few Asian teams are competitive.It's depressing to see Australia
s 3rd team just steamroll over their compeittion.In the end playing against Fiji Islands or playing against Japan doesnt make much of a difference for them.

Yes and no...Asian teams can just improve their basketball with such NT's.
It will take time but it's worth it ! It's one of the way to improve.

Yes it doesn't make much different for them actually but it does for the Asian teams and I think Asian teams are improving (slowly but it's still an improvment).
To play with better opponent makes you better than to play with the same opponent than you.

If for exemple Lebanon Iran and Jordan where playing in Europe, Im sure they will get only better and better and their respective federation will do their best to always work like they have to work because the environment of the European will influence them !

If Israel were still playing in Asia and never played in Europe they wouldn't be that good and they wouldn't improve that much.
Fiba Asia must change their way of thinking basketball !
First change some rules like the Hagop's one ! Why Clarkson or CS can't play for Gilas as a Filipino.
Why not make more clubs competitions in Asia ? Class A and class B ?
And the stupid rule of Waba qualification for the Asian clubs ...only one club from a country ! How you can just qualify one team from Iran and Lebanon and put them equal with the one from Yemen, Iraq, etc.
A lot of things can be made ! Ok Asia is very big comparing to Europe but come on it's not the issue !
Why Fiba Asia don't help developping basketball all they can do it's take money from here and there !

Dtown
08-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Australia is a hard fit. It was unfair when they only had to beat New Zealand to qualify for the Olympics and qualified automatically for the Worlds.

Yet geographically/time zone they'd be a bad fit for Europe and the Americas as well, hard to grow international basketball when every meaningful game they played would likely be in the middle of the night for the locals.

Best case scenario Australia's admittance to Asia raises the game across the board (much like post dream team we saw a raise in the game worldwide), worse case scenario they become a more dominant Dream Team in Asia until someone says screw geography and puts them in Europe.

Lebasketball
08-20-2017, 03:05 PM
Whaaaat ??? Even in Lebanon the Chinese buy the ref !!
Amir was puched in the last 30 seconds and the ref called a wishtle against us !!!!! Hahaha loool i prefer laugh at this

eshmawi
08-20-2017, 03:23 PM
if the ref had any clue, this guy Han would have fouled out. all he does is push and push by his hand. He has zero basketball skils, and got away with every push in the world.
Refereeing disaster, thankfully it was meaningless game as it gets.

eshmawi
08-20-2017, 03:25 PM
Australia is a hard fit. It was unfair when they only had to beat New Zealand to qualify for the Olympics and qualified automatically for the Worlds.

Yet geographically/time zone they'd be a bad fit for Europe and the Americas as well, hard to grow international basketball when every meaningful game they played would likely be in the middle of the night for the locals.

Best case scenario Australia's admittance to Asia raises the game across the board (much like post dream team we saw a raise in the game worldwide), worse case scenario they become a more dominant Dream Team in Asia until someone says screw geography and puts them in Europe.

Just keep them in Oceania, and give Oceania 2 spots for world cup.no need to bring them to fiba asia.

Softtouch
08-20-2017, 03:41 PM
if the ref had any clue, this guy Han would have fouled out. all he does is push and push by his hand. He has zero basketball skils, and got away with every push in the world.
Refereeing disaster, thankfully it was meaningless game as it gets.

This tournament for me was the worst officiated in my opinion..Lebanon did a really good job hosting it but the referees especially those coming from oceana were so inconsistent with their calls..A lot of non calls on both ends..

Dtown
08-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Just keep them in Oceania, and give Oceania 2 spots for world cup.no need to bring them to fiba asia.

That's the situation we had previously and it was a joke. When Oceania has 2 spots for the world cup they literally didn't have to do anything to make it. A region with only two teams is no region at all.

reamily
08-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Korea dont make it obvious that you tanked again tb in the first round..

Dtown
08-20-2017, 05:10 PM
congrats to South Korea.

lebanese NT
08-20-2017, 05:40 PM
Asia Legends in 1 pic!

crush
08-20-2017, 05:47 PM
That is a nice pic of the Asian legends!

Congrats Korea for winning 3rd!

The Aussies are the favored to win but I will be rooting for long time FIBA Asia member, Iran. Go Team Melli go!

eshmawi
08-20-2017, 07:01 PM
That's the situation we had previously and it was a joke. When Oceania has 2 spots for the world cup they literally didn't have to do anything to make it. A region with only two teams is no region at all.

They can play the qualifiers vs asia. like allocate 4 seats to asia, and 5th 6th in asia face the top two in oceania to qualify to world cup.

but dont bring them to asia cup. just look how embarassing the game is now, 48 - 28 and we are still early 3rd quarter.

eshmawi
08-20-2017, 07:03 PM
when a team wins title, it generates intrest in country.The game got popular in Lebanon because of winning titles ( arabic clubs cup, asian clubs cup)..

Australia will kill any intrest in this cup , and kill any nation of hoping ...

mohsena2631
08-20-2017, 08:17 PM
Congrats to Australia, they were indeed the best team of the tournament and everybody knew that from the start but I believe we could play better, much better than this, you can't win the title by scoring only 1 3pointer in the final. I think Australia was more prepared for us tonight, they had a better plan. they made it very physical since they knew we played curcial games with only 5 (maybe 6 if we count Oshin) players and they were already tired after the Korean semifinal. we played much better in 1st and 3rd quarters when our top guys were fresh.

I'm glad Australia and New Zealand are playing in FIBA Asia, you can't improve by avoiding playing top teams. even though we lost our rightful "Asian" title because of them.

and that was surprising they gave the MVP award to Haddadi ! I think all of our 5 starters played great overall but we need better bench players, or at least a better coach who trusts his bench more ! and I still hope our federation changes its policy and invites our "Golden generation" players to the team. Samad and Kamrani still can play few more years for the NT.

Lebasketball
08-21-2017, 07:33 AM
First of all congrats Australia and hard luck Iran !
Iran shows that even without Kamrani and Bahrami, they have a solid team and they are maybe the best in Asia. I guess they will be a top 4 teal for years. I knew that Jamshidi and Yakhchali were good so im not surprised but to be honest i was surpised by the PG Mashayekhi ! He did two very good games against Lebanon and S Korea.
Indeed you don't have a big rotation so I don't know if it's the coach or because there's a big gap between the starting 5 and the bench.

Secondly i hope that everyone enjoy the tournament in Lebanon. It was our first ever hosting and even the first hosting in our Region. It's great to know that 15 NT from Asia and Oceania came to play basketball in that small country called Lebanon especially with all the things you can hear on the news in the Middle East etc.

Maybe the last comments it will be about the Lebanese fans. We were great in supporting our NT but we have to respect the other (national anthem, the haka etc )but to be honest i knew that they will always be some stupid fans.

Sanja
08-21-2017, 01:43 PM
Basketball lovers, try out brand new real time manager for free !!! https://mybasketteam.com

reamily
09-04-2017, 12:13 AM
FIBA should expand the asian cup teams from 16 to 24 lots of good sea teams, gulf teams and central asia teams unable to play, and we are contend with hong kong and India mediocre perf

Lebasketball
09-04-2017, 07:09 AM
FIBA should expand the asian cup teams from 16 to 24 lots of good sea teams, gulf teams and central asia teams unable to play, and we are contend with hong kong and India mediocre perf

Really ?
I was more thinking about 12 teams who compete into 2 groups of 6.
The first play against the 4th
Second against third.
Etc.
The 5th and 6th are eliminated.
The two 6th play barrage game against the best two from division B.
I think it's most interesting for everyone.
Unfortunately We are not Europe.

reamily
09-07-2017, 04:30 AM
Waba 5 good teams, EABA theres 4 philippines and AUS/NZ tahts 12 good teams already how about QATAR, KAZ and India.. if the qualification is strict one good team like lebanon might not make it like in 2016

reamily
09-07-2017, 04:32 AM
Indonesia has league thailand has a league..Jordan dont have.. they need to be involve in big tournaments becuase they are good basketball markets and "neutral" grounds..the countries who can be beaten by leisure players can play in div 2.. (Vietnam, Guam, Sri lanka)

Lebasketball
09-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Im not talking about market and to be honest i don't care about it. I don't win anything in this issue. Im more into basketball in the court and to be honest even Jordan with "no league" is still 1000x better than Thailand and Indonesia (no disrespect). Even Syria, Palestine and Iraq with all their problem are probably better than them also.
With 24 teams you will have everyday 4 big gap in the final result.
But with 12 teams you have at least 3 interesting games per day.
Im ok with you to say that to improve you have to play against better than you but the gap is too much between Kaz, Hong Kong ,India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia etc and the others NT.

As for waba 2016, our league was in the final four and their teams didn't send any player so basically if i have a good memory only Ali Mezher from this last Fiba Asia was in the Waba 2016 edition but you know you can't give happiness to everyone. They will always be one team who will be disappointed but the rules are the rules.
Work hard and be back stronger than ever.

BTW it can be an interesting idea for a thread : what would you prefer 12 teams or 24 teams ?

mangangalakal
09-07-2017, 09:53 AM
Im not talking about market and to be honest i don't care about it. I don't win anything in this issue. Im more into basketball in the court and to be honest even Jordan with "no league" is still 1000x better than Thailand and Indonesia (no disrespect). Even Syria, Palestine and Iraq with all their problem are probably better than them also.
With 24 teams you will have everyday 4 big gap in the final result.
But with 12 teams you have at least 3 interesting games per day.
Im ok with you to say that to improve you have to play against better than you but the gap is too much between Kaz, Hong Kong ,India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia etc and the others NT.

As for waba 2016, our league was in the final four and their teams didn't send any player so basically if i have a good memory only Ali Mezher from this last Fiba Asia was in the Waba 2016 edition but you know you can't give happiness to everyone. They will always be one team who will be disappointed but the rules are the rules.
Work hard and be back stronger than ever.

BTW it can be an interesting idea for a thread : what would you prefer 12 teams or 24 teams ?

16 teams would be a good compromise. 4 teams from each subzone, with reduced slots for Central Asia (because, really, IND and KAZ are the only ballin'countries there): WABA+Gulf (LEB, IRI, JOR, QAT, PLE, IRQ), CABA (IND, KAZ) , EABA (JPN, KOR, CHN, TPE), and SEABA (PH, THA, AUS and NZ). The rest play in Division II.

mangangalakal
09-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Asia Legends in 1 pic!

Fadi's beard is turning white... How time flies...

Despina
04-19-2019, 07:45 AM

hempptodayy
08-19-2019, 09:50 AM
the obtaining organization observes an expansion in labor power while the substance hemptoday.com (http://hemptoday.com) that is purchased would not get incorporated into the example because of the nonattendance of consistent information as the organization stops to exist.