Turkish NT 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish NT 2016

Another wild card and we are in OQT. We seriously need to deserve our spot in this kind of tournament because those wild cards have started to annoy me. I hope this wild card will be the last one that we get ever. There are some question marks regarding the NT. Kanter's brawling with Erdooğan won't let him to participate, that's for sure. Therefore Kanter is 99% out. The naturalized player spot is another thing to think on. Dixon or Preldzic. Also we need take account of the situation of Ömer Aşık. He is in terrible condition. His body language doesn't seem good. As I have said on this forum, he may have some psychological problem just like burnout syndrome. I want to see young and ambitious team in this tournament since the expectations are very limited. Most probably we will not make Olympics therefore it is better to participate with some promising youngsters.

I also need to admit this team may be the weakest one since 90s. Inexperienced players will be gathered with some NBA players that we will see. It will be interesting to see what our team is capable of. My choices under the current circumstances are:

PG: Bobby Dixon, Kenan Sipahi, Hasan Emir Gökalp/Engin Atsür/Can Uğur Öğüt

Dixon has evolved into a different player in the hands of Obradovic. Adaptation of his game into different system need to be appreciated. I love to watch him and don't have negative thoughts about unlike I used to. He should definitely fill the naturalized player spot. I also see a visible development in Sipahi's game. He is way more better than his Fenerbahçe days. At least he doesn't seem so mentally exhausted on floor and even trying to help score instinct. My second spot on guard rotation may go for him if he continues to play like this, with confidence and determination. For the third spot, I really want to see Hasan Emir Gökalp in National Team. He has improved all aspects of game in Gelişim Koleji. Definitely the most valuable player of TBL. He made some triple double performances in some games. At least, he should be in preliminary roster. The other candidate for guard rotation is Engin Atsür. He has not been playing well for his standard but still he has some things to give NT. Also, Can Uğur Öğüt is one of the underrated players of the league. He is doing well in Gaziantep in limited minutes. He can be competitive for the last spot.

SG: Sinan Güler, Furkan Korkmaz, Melih Mahmutoğlu(*)

The SG might be filled with three players but personally I want just these two to take place in roster. Sinan Güler will also cover the guard position as Ataman does in Galatasaray. If Sinan takes this role then we need to add one player here. Korkmaz' spot is almost certain since he is developing in an expected manner. Mahmutoğlu should be here if Güler is considered as the owner of PG's 20 minutes. Unfortunately we don't even have strong shooting guard alternative in this position. Terrible. To be honest, I don't want to see Mahmutoğlu's bricks anymore. He needs self confidence. His current shape is terrible. I still believe in him. He is not a bad shooter but this year is lost for him sadly.

SF: Cedi Osman, Tolga Geçim/Cenk Akyol/Altan Erol

Cedi Osman is lock for this position. I expect him to continue on his sustainable development in NT. He has encountered yearly growing responsibilities in team and never failed. Energy, hustle and score. That's what he will offer us! Second player is likely to be Geçim. Totally different player from Osman. Big potential and has used wrongly in Banvit therefore couldn't put big numbers yet but I believe that he will deserve his place. He needs to meet with NT jersey. Cenk Akyol the Static shooter may make the final roster. I wouldn't put money on him but seriously the only pure Turkish shooter forward. Altan Erol is the one who should be praised. He had played great until the injuries pull him back. If he can find his momentum, he can contribute mostly defensive efforts to the team. Actually, he is a SG but can defend the forwards that his body lets him.

PF: Ersan İlyasova, Barış Hersek/Metecan Birsen/Berk Demir

İlyasova is so effective in SVG's 4 gunner&1 hustler system. He is having his one of the good seasons since he has arrived NBA. Good for us. After İlyasova, this position is a big problem for us. Hersek is so mediocre, Birsen is so inconsistent and Demir hasn't played a high profile game that makes me think about selection of this position. İlyasova will cover more than 30 minutes. Actually, if Birsen can be a little bit consistent, he can take the jersey. Unlike last season, he is playing good in IBB lately. Maybe you saw my post about Demir. He is working and trying hard in TBL with Pertevniyal by filling stat sheet. Barış Hersek is the last person that I want to see in NT. Not a bad player but didn't good amount of playing minutes that depress me.

C: Ömer Aşık, Semih Erden, Furkan Aldemir/Sertaç Şanlı/Mutlu Demir/Oğuz Savaş/Enes Kanter

As I have stated Aşık is having his worst season in NBA. Beside his bad performance, he seems that he doesn't enjoy basketball. I would never expect this from him since it is a sign of bad professionalism. Semih Erden has just reborn. Daçka's only positive effect on Turkish basketball is his performance. He is dominant enough for making me think if he can start in front of Aşık. Aldemir doesn't play basketball because of Mahmuti's lunatic rotation. The other names' selection is in the bounds of possibility. We will see. This position is kinda crowded.

We shouldn't expect to scoop up the Rio ticket with this mediocre roster. If we can get Philippines group then there will be a little bit hope of course I assume, we will also avoid Canada.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Enes Kanter must be in roster
    Last edited by INTEGRAL; 01-22-2016, 04:27 PM.
    IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
    Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
    Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
    Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
    Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

I`m hoping Enes is in the roster but even without him, We will have our advantage at the center. I`m hoping for the team of

Dixon-Sipahi-Balbay
      Güler-Korkmaz
      Osman-Batuk
      Ilyasova- Demir
      Asik-Kanter-Erden

Dixon will be there most of the games and I think if we manage minutes of Güler and Dixon, Balbay should be our back up to lock down opposite point guards. Our shooting guards are secure so does small forwards. I dislike Batuk and wish Geçim would be more viable but I don`t think Ataman will let him handle the ball and he will have to play as a spot up 3 pointer which is really not his game. So having Batuk, who can stop guys like Wiggins is a viable option.

Centers once again will be our strength. Especially against Canada. Both Kanter and Erden can dominate Olynyk. And Asik is gaining his form back. I think at front court we can start with Ilyasova-Asik and try twin towers with Kanter-Erden. We don`t have to use a back up four a lot, We can go small with Osman too. A line up of Balbay-Güler-Batuk-Osman- and any center will be a good defensive line up and sufficient three point shooting.

I think our chances against Canada is higher than people giving credit for. Against France, well lets hope Diaw is not there so we can have a chance.

Comment

A team with Erden in it is destined to lose,hes sleeping on defense losing his man all the time, and going for unnecessary help defense leaving the paint open like an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by freestyler34 View Post
          A team with Erden in it is destined to lose,hes sleeping on defense losing his man all the time, and going for unnecessary help defense leaving the paint open like an idiot
          That used to be true, but since last European Championship, Erden plays really good at the both end of the floor

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
            That used to be true, but since last European Championship, Erden plays really good at the both end of the floor

That must be the reason of NT's and Dogus succes with him then, basketball IQ is never change, he has one of the lowest basketball IQ i've ever seen, as an example if he score 2 points he will let them score 4 on defense with bad decisions

Comment

Originally posted by freestyler34 View Post
              That must be the reason of NT's and Dogus succes with him then, basketball IQ is never change, he has one of the lowest basketball IQ i've ever seen, as an example if he score 2 points he will let them score 4 on defense with bad decisions

The thing about Turkish NT, they played in a death group and then faced France, Erden may be the best player in the tournament for Turkey. For Dogs, yes they are the worst team in top 16 but they are still in the top 16, right? And Erden is a big factor of it, they are not bad because Erden is bad. They are bad because of their coach and 12 guys playing all the games. Dogus is a good defensive team with Erden in the center. And Erden plays really good offense this year. I don`t think there is any other country than Turkey and US to have as good as a center as Erden as their third center

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
                The thing about Turkish NT, they played in a death group and then faced France, Erden may be the best player in the tournament for Turkey. For Dogs, yes they are the worst team in top 16 but they are still in the top 16, right? And Erden is a big factor of it, they are not bad because Erden is bad. They are bad because of their coach and 12 guys playing all the games. Dogus is a good defensive team with Erden in the center. And Erden plays really good offense this year. I don`t think there is any other country than Turkey and US to have as good as a center as Erden as their third center
                If you think Erden is a good Center quit watching basketball find other hobbies, seriously theres a reason they got rid of him in the NBA in a short time, they were running him out of town in Efes(Just check out what Efes president said about him after the barca game), Fener let him go,even Partizan sent him back to Fener, you are prolly just checking the box score and think "oh he got 20 points he must have played good " without watching the games to see the retarded things he does

Comment

I really don`t think you watch Darüşafaka this year. He used to suck so hard but this year he is a whole different player

Comment

Okanial, welcome to board. Keep on posting stuffs about Turkish Basketball. Enjoy your stay.

I see visible improvement in Erden too. Still, I don't want to rely my expectations on him but strangely, he is enough good to make me think that he should even be in starting line-up. His problems were consistency and mental problems but he has overcame those stuffs in Darüşşafaka. The reason is Mahmuti sees him as the star of his organization. Like or not, Erden needs to be pampered. He is not enough mature to think in a professional manner. You always need to pat him on the back and give special caring. That's how it works. I still have a little bit faith in him. If he continues to perform like that, this season may even be counted as his best season including the 09-10 one where he was simply a beast that opened NBA's door to him.

Offensively he is very active and taking responsibilities instead of making himself forgotten during the game. He still struggles to provide stability during a game. Generally performs better in the first quarter but not as much as effective in the other ones. However, still a good performance from him. I also don't accept the defensive criticisms for him. He is much better defensively. Just look at how his team is effective when he is on floor. He is a big defensive rebounder and block threat. Daçka's defensive rhythm had been lost when he was sitting on bench. Erden is not old Erden. He still has long way to go to be considered as a reliable player but criticizing him doesn't sound fair to me. At least for this season.
                    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                      Okanial, welcome to board. Keep on posting stuffs about Turkish Basketball. Enjoy your stay.

I see visible improvement in Erden too. Still, I don't want to rely my expectations on him but strangely, he is enough good to make me think that he should even be in starting line-up. His problems were consistency and mental problems but he has overcame those stuffs in Darüşşafaka. The reason is Mahmuti sees him as the star of his organization. Like or not, Erden needs to be pampered. He is not enough mature to think in a professional manner. You always need to pat him on the back and give special caring. That's how it works. I still have a little bit faith in him. If he continues to perform like that, this season may even be counted as his best season including the 09-10 one where he was simply a beast that opened NBA's door to him.

Offensively he is very active and taking responsibilities instead of making himself forgotten during the game. He still struggles to provide stability during a game. Generally performs better in the first quarter but not as much as effective in the other ones. However, still a good performance from him. I also don't accept the defensive criticisms for him. He is much better defensively. Just look at how his team is effective when he is on floor. He is a big defensive rebounder and block threat. Daçka's defensive rhythm had been lost when he was sitting on bench. Erden is not old Erden. He still has long way to go to be considered as a reliable player but criticizing him doesn't sound fair to me. At least for this season.
                      Thank you, I`m following the forum for long time and enjoyed your comments a lot

Comment

Will enes kanter join team?i dont understand why he wont join team.
                        our press is saying he is terrorist organization member.i know it is not true.
                        What is real reason??
                        Quand j'dors, j'fait des rêves en dollars, tous les jours, j'ai un nouveau costard

Comment

I think Kanter is certainly out. Erdogan is an ..., who holds grudges with everybody who seems to openly disagree with him. Don't be surprised if Kanter even loses his Turkish passport. :/
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

He is an important member of FETÖ and even may be arrested if he comes to Turkey

Comment

He definitely will be out

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information