PDA

View Full Version : 2016 U18 European Championship

serbianhoops
01-17-2016, 07:33 PM
It's probably still too early to tell which squad will be Divison B champion, but Montenegro is my clear favorite to win Divison A promotion. Pesonally, I expect 6'11" PF Marko Simonović (late '99) to hit the spotlight and catch the eyes of top european teams and NBA recruiters.

serbianhoops
01-18-2016, 08:43 PM
A native of Montenegro, Al Khor's all-around F Alen Hadžibegović ('99) who grew up playing in the youth squads of Ibar Rožaje before becoming a naturalized citizen of Qatar has gained a new nickname as he drastically increases his playing time and production in the Qatari Basketball League. He is now known as the "Qatari Porzingis".

serbianhoops
01-20-2016, 05:09 PM
According to Eurohopes, the 7'3" Croatian C Karlo Balja ('98) runs the floor fast, has soft hands and could be on the cusp of being something more than a sizeable mystery.

Time will tell if he could be good enough to become a credible atlernative to Cibona Zagreb's 7-foot C Krešimir Nikić ('99) and 6'10" PF/C Lovro Buljević ('98) given that both are struggling with injuries for pretty much the entire half-season. And to the greatest extent, someone to help forget that the Croatian Basketball Federation let go by 6'10" strong C Josip Popić ('98) to Austria and 6'10" PF/C Sandro Antunović ('98) to Bosnia-Herzegovina.

serbianhoops
01-22-2016, 12:05 PM
The U18 Division A draw has been done :

Group A : Spain, Italy, Sweden & Croatia.

Group B : Turkey, Germany, Finland & Greece.

Group C : Latvia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Israel & Lithuania.

Group D : France, Serbia, Slovenia & Russia.

BiHBasket
01-31-2016, 04:06 AM
Bosnian generation 1998 lacks talent. There is only one real prospect, 6'6'' tall PG Ammar Gegic, but I have some doubts even about him. I can name three of four 7'0'' tall 1998 born Bosnian centers, but problem is that every of them is a drvo. Drvo is a Bosnian word for a tree, an we use it for a really - tall -center - but - who - lacks - any - basketball - skill.

Bosnian - American Dennis Alibegovic, 6'3'' tall combo guard will likely be called

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt-4PlfQ2OA

People just like to overestimate players from the USA high schools, and I'm very suspicious about them. But this highlights video looks alright. I don't think that he will show up anyway, those players from USA always have something more important to do in the summer than to play for the national team.

We can't ignore that this U - 18 EC will also use as qualifications for the U - 19 WC next year. So I guess we will have to play our 1999 born very talented trio(Campara - Musa - Sikiras). In this summer they will be busy with the U - 17 WC, but I guess they will have to play for the U - 18 national team too. They can miss it in the next year, but this particular U - 18 EC is more important:rolleyes:

serbianhoops
01-31-2016, 07:55 PM
One name that has popped up on the radar recently is California-based Prospect High School's 6'9" senior PF Nemanja Rajić ('98) who has a 6'9" wingpsan, a standing vertical leap of 28 inches (71 cm) and a running vertical of 36 inches (92 cm). Though he has almost no chance to make Serbia U18 national team considering he is facing stiff competition from top prospects Boriša Simanić and Miloš Glišić at the power forward spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56bKVxMUIjE

serbianhoops
02-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Relatively speaking, Hargrave Military Academy's 7-feet tall Canadian Serb Ivan Čučak ('98) is becoming more and more like a poorman's version of Spencer Hawes. However, I highly doubt that Serbia's U18 national team head-coach Milan Gurović will have the presence of mind and the audacity to select and put him in competition with Mega Leks' 6'11" PF/C Uroš Plavšić ('98) and Crvena Zvezda's 6'9" C Stefan Đorđević ('98) for a starting role.

This year's midseason highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6923545/highlights/321612378/v3

Last season's highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcZY0uRa-b0

Srle
02-03-2016, 05:23 PM
I doubt that Serbian Basketball Federation ever heard of that kid.

serbianhoops
02-03-2016, 06:26 PM
If by the Basketball Federation of Serbia, you mean Joca Antonić, Igor Rakočević and Aleksandar Smiljanić, then I can tell you there's no reason to doubt. They have heard about him, Konchar, Nick Rakočević and many others, but did they listen and will they act in a responsible way? Only they know the answer to that question.

serbianhoops
02-03-2016, 09:53 PM
6'10" swingman Miloš Apić ('98) who left Serbia last summer is making a name for himself in the USA in the past few weeks. Apić, a sleeper with tremendous upside, came from Sport's World Novi Sad (the youth academy where Darko Miličić and Milenko Tepić took their first steps on a basketball court) and he has grown almost 5 inches in the last couple of years. He is still in the process of adjusting to that growth but that doesn't prevent him to already be a matchup nightmare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v9BxF8Jspc

Srle
02-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Is he related to Dragan Apic ???

serbianhoops
02-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Mega Leks' 6'5" SG Aleksandar Aranitović ('98) is set to miss the rest of the season and the U18 European Championhip after damaging knee ligaments.

serbianhoops
02-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Is he related to Dragan Apic ???

I am told he isn't.

serbianhoops
02-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Serbia's U18 head coach Milan Gurović has selected a squad of 15 players born in 1998 to participate in a 3-day mini-camp ahead of the U18 Albert Schweitzer Tournament.

Boriša Simanić (Crvena Zvezda)
Aleksa Radanov (Crvena Zvezda)
Matija Radović (Crvena Zvezda)
Miloš Glišić (Partizan)
Ivan Hadžić (Partizan)
Srećko Gašić (Partizan)
Simeon Jović (Vojvodina Novi Sad)
Aleksa Zarić (Vojvodina Novi Sad)
Nemanja Nikolić (Igokea)
Novak Musić (Mega Leks)
Dušan Beslać (Vizura Shark)
Luka Mihajlović (Polet Ratina)
Luka Vasić (KK Pirot)
Marko Rajanović (Proleter Naftagas Zrenjanin)
Luka Gašić (Mladost Zemun)

Coach Gurović and his advisors have made a somewhat surprising (not to say shocking) choice by picking Partizan's typical early-developed post duo Ivan Hadžić and Srećko Gašić over Mega's Uroš Plavšić and Crvena Zvezda's Stefan Đorđević, two players with much better upside potential.

As expected, the negative effects of the decision made by the Basketball Federation of Serbia to allow the registration of a maximun of 4 foreign national team players in Junior and Cadet leagues, are being felt with the absences of Crvena Zvezda's 6'7" swingman with a 6'9" wingspan Ivan Ćorović and Mega's 6'4" combo guard Jovan Vojinović (whose father Milija is a well-know referee). Both of them hold dual Serbian-Montenegrin citizenship and can now play for Montenegro without losing egibility to play for their respective clubs in the Junior League of Serbia.

Srle
02-04-2016, 11:54 PM
Idiots, Plavsic is the only player over 210 cm ,also he possesses interesting physical tools and nice ball handling for such size and he's basically belongs to 1999 age group because he's born at the end of 1998, it's dubious how our federation and clubs are disregarding young players with good athleticism and size, they don't work with them ,they don't try to develop them, so we have bunch of undersized and athletically poor players in our NT's and clubs , Radoslav Pekovic is one of the examples of that wonderful "strategy" . Also under u18 team should be composed of more players born in 1999 , like Miskovic,Milosevic,Nikolic,Petrovic etc.

serbianhoops
02-05-2016, 09:36 PM
The 2013 summer is the shining example of that strategy, at the time 6'8" C Milos Janković was picked up for two competitions in a row (U19 World Championship and U20 European Championship) while 6'11" Nikola Jovanović and 7'0" Radoslav Peković stayed at home.

I really wonder if Gurović is planning on Boriša Simanić to do what it takes for the team by playing out of position at center at the Albert Schweitzer Tournament and at the European Championship. On defensive end, Simanić can provide rim protection with his length and verticality but he lacks of strength and toughness to be a reliable post defender and rebounder. While on offense he is a very good shooter from behind the arc and in the mid-range area, but not a real low post player. He will struggle to establish position, seal the defender and play with his back to the rim.

Unless the grace of God hit Gurović and made him capable of using Wisconsin's swing offense with Simanić in the role of Kaminsky, as a face up and pick and pop center.

BiHBasket
04-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Dzanan Musa said that he doesn't plan to play for U - 18 national team this summer:( I hope he will change his mind. I really want to see this starting five, they're legit:

PG - Sani Campara(1999)
SG - Amar Gegic(1998)
SF - Dzanan Musa(1999)
PF - Njegos Sikiras(1999)
C - Sandro Antunovic(1998)

But it's not just Musa, I have doubts will Sikiras play too. But yes, U - 17 World Championship is priority for them, it's more important that all of best 1999 born guys play on that tournament.

serbianhoops
04-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Class of 2017 6'3" PG Nick Mantis from Lowell high school (Indiana) has been given an invitation to compete for the Greek under-18 National Team. He averaged 18.6 points, 7.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.1 steals this season. His grandfater also named Nick Mantis played for the Saint Louis Hawks, Minneapolis Lakers, and Chicago Zephyrs during a two-year NBA career in the early 60s.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2760481/highlights/323569380

Jon_Koncak
04-03-2016, 09:29 PM
In a few years greek NT will be consisted of 10 americans(with greek great grandfathers) and antetokounmpo bros..

turk-jugoslav
04-03-2016, 10:34 PM
In a few years greek NT will be consisted of 10 americans(with greek great grandfathers) and antetokounmpo bros..

If those Greek-Americans have some African origin, it means Greek NT will be great:)

serbianhoops
04-04-2016, 07:57 PM
If those Greek-Americans have some African origin, it means Greek NT will be great:)

Zachary Elias Auguste-Tzimoulis also known as Zach Auguste likes this.

Let's come back to the topic. Germany will have a terrific length with 6'11" Hartenstein ('98) & 6'7" PG Bonga ('99) in the starting five instead of respectively Lagerpusch or Sanders & Hundt or Weidemann.

Srle
04-04-2016, 10:53 PM

Let's come back to the topic. Germany will have a terrific length with 6'11" Hartenstein ('98) & 6'7" PG Bonga ('99) in the starting five instead of respectively Lagerpusch or Sanders & Hundt or Weidemann.

But he's not that long according to Draftexpress , his wingspan , that's one of his shortcomings in their scouting.

turk-jugoslav
04-05-2016, 12:44 PM

Thanks for info.Did you ever hear any other Turkish player who plays in high schools in Us,except Bitim?

serbianhoops
04-05-2016, 04:57 PM
But he's not that long according to Draftexpress , his wingspan , that's one of his shortcomings in their scouting.

Hartenstein has an average wingspan regarding NBA standard, but a 7'2" is very good for European standard especially for an U18 player. 3" inches less than Simanic tough.

serbianhoops
04-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Thanks for info.Did you ever hear any other Turkish player who plays in high schools in Us,except Bitim?

There's a 7'2" lanky center born in 1999 as far as I know, I don't remember his name, he was involved in Turkish U16 national team set-up last season (2014/15).

Edit : There is also IMG Academy's 7'0" C Mumin Tunç ('98)

serbianhoops
04-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Fight the fire by the fire. Fight the length by the length.

Sandy Spring Friends' class of 2017 6'10" SF Milos Apic ('98)
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/7145689/highlights/331483375

Srle
04-05-2016, 06:42 PM
He should be with our junior squad this summer. Suddenly the front court of this generation in perspective doesn't look that bad Simanic,Plavsic,Apic,Glisic,Stpeanovic,Djordjevic.

I wonder what is going on with Cucevic:confused:

turk-jugoslav
04-05-2016, 08:02 PM
There's a 7'2" lanky center born in 1999 as far as I know, I don't remember his name, he was involved in Turkish U16 national team set-up last season (2014/15).

Edit : There is also IMG Academy's 7'0" C Mumin Tunç ('98)

Oh,I forgot to add Tunç near Bitim. I actually know both,especially Tunç has unforgettable physical appearance,too skinny like one suffering from anorexia nervosa. I wonder other guy you mentioned(99-born).You may be mistaken about him,maybe he is from a Turkic country(Azerbaijan,Turkmenistan).Please let us know when you remember his name. Thanks again

serbianhoops
04-05-2016, 08:31 PM
I got it back. Bora Apak ('99) junior at Virginia Episcopal School.

turk-jugoslav
04-05-2016, 08:58 PM
I got it back. Bora Apak ('99) junior at Virginia Episcopal School.

Very interesting.I googled him in Turkish and almost there is not any knowledge about him.I solely learned that he participated in U16 set up,like you said,last year and his height was 6'9 at 2013.I will ask him to my friends working in Efes.I don't want to get out of topic more,thanks for this interesting info.

serbianhoops
04-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Bosnian - American Denis Alibegovic, 6'3'' tall combo guard will likely be called

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt-4PlfQ2OA

People just like to overestimate players from the USA high schools, and I'm very suspicious about them. But this highlights video looks alright. I don't think that he will show up anyway, those players from USA always have something more important to do in the summer than to play for the national team.

Denis Alibegovic was named Intermediate division MVP of this year's Pan Orthodox Tournament. He led Chicago's Serbian Holy Resurrection Church squad. His mum Zvjezdana is a Bosnian Serb and the kid is a devout follower of the Serbian Orthodox Church.

https://twitter.com/Denis1_finao/status/408237670406823936

https://twitter.com/Denis1_finao/status/457887177792585729

carlo
05-10-2016, 03:58 PM
Lithuania roster:

Karolis GIEDRAITIS 1.92 m G
Matas JOGĖLA 1.98 G
Tadas PAŽĖRA 1.91 G
Domas ŠELEKAS 1.91 G
Eimantas STANKEVIČIUS 1.91 G
Tautvydas VYŠNIAUSKAS 1.99 G
Mantvydas ŽUKAUSKAS 1.91 G
Justinas MARCINKEVIČIUS 2.01 F
Paulius PETRIKONIS 2.00 F
Džiugas SLAVINSKAS 2.02 F
Einaras TUBUTIS 2.07 F
Lukas VABALEVIČIUS 2.00 F

All 1998-born.

carlo
05-20-2016, 06:40 PM
France 20-player preliminary roster:

BLANC Hugo, 2.01 m
CHAM Kevin, 1.88
DESMONTS Clément, 1.96
DESSEIGNET Thibault, 1.82
DIAWARA Elhadji-digue, 2.05
DOUMBOUYA Sekou Oumar, 2000, 2.04
ESSO ESSIS Mel, 1.98
GOULMY Quentin, 2.06
GUEYE Samory Mikaël, 2.01
LE DOUARIN Meven, 1.90
MENDY Arson, 2.00
MICHEL Gary, 1.95
MOKOKA Adam, 1.88
NDOYE Abdoulaye, 1.98
POTA Vincent, 1.93
RAMBAUT Jules, 2.04
TCHOUAFFE Bathiste, 1.96
VAUTIER Bastien, 2.10
VERGIAT Timothé, 1.88
WOGHIREN Warren, 2.12

All 1998-born, except Doumbouya. Nine players have represented France at the Albert Schweitzer Tournament (4th place).
Cham has played as a senior at Montverde Academy (USA) in 2015-16 season.
Top 1998 prospect Ntilikina out.

slice me nice
05-23-2016, 10:46 AM
Turkish preliminary roster:

Aziz Emre Nokay - Acıbadem Üniversitesi
Bora Can Işık - Bandırma Kırmızı
Ömer Utku Al - Beşiktaş JK
Yesukan Onar, Troy Selim Şav, İbrahim Gülşen - Darüşşafaka Doğuş
Ömer Faruk Yurtseven - Fenerbahçe
Oğuzhan Yarol - Galatasaray
Alihan Deniz Genç - Ö.Gelişim Koleji
Burak Nurkan, Samet Gülek - Pertevniyal Gençlik
Alp Karahan, Bertan Baştan, Berk Kar, Görkem Doğan - Pınar Karşıyaka
Semih Say - Brewster Academy/USA
Muhammed Erkam Kırış - Spire Academy/USA
Mümin Tunç - Trinity.İnt.School/USA

Yurtseven in. All '98 born. According to the general performances of players in U17 WC, some additions will be made but the team is formed with these names until the beginning of July. Overall, fair choices and with few additions from '99 generation, one of the few contenders for the gold.

okanial
05-23-2016, 05:07 PM
Turkish preliminary roster:

Aziz Emre Nokay - Acıbadem Üniversitesi
Bora Can Işık - Bandırma Kırmızı
Ömer Utku Al - Beşiktaş JK
Yesukan Onar, Troy Selim Şav, İbrahim Gülşen - Darüşşafaka Doğuş
Ömer Faruk Yurtseven - Fenerbahçe
Oğuzhan Yarol - Galatasaray
Alihan Deniz Genç - Ö.Gelişim Koleji
Burak Nurkan, Samet Gülek - Pertevniyal Gençlik
Alp Karahan, Bertan Baştan, Berk Kar, Görkem Doğan - Pınar Karşıyaka
Semih Say - Brewster Academy/USA
Muhammed Erkam Kırış - Spire Academy/USA
Mümin Tunç - Trinity.İnt.School/USA

Yurtseven in. All '98 born. According to the general performances of players in U17 WC, some additions will be made but the team is formed with these names until the beginning of July. Overall, fair choices and with few additions from '99 generation, one of the few contenders for the gold.

Do you think Onuralp Bitim will join after U17? And Furkan is no longer U18 right?

slice me nice
05-23-2016, 06:08 PM
Do you think Onuralp Bitim will join after U17? And Furkan is no longer U18 right?

Onuralp Bitim will join depending upon his general performance and physical status. Last year some players from U19 joined U20 team as soon as the first tournament ends and this caused few fair criticisms towards the U20 coach since the players' physical conditions were not enough to shoulder second tournament right after the first but we still managed to obtain the bronze even though the ceiling of team was much higher. There are enough time for regenerating condition between the U17 and U18 schedules dissimilarly U19 and U20 ones therefore he is likely to join the U18 team.

Korkmaz is U20 material but won't join the team since the schedule between U20 and OQT is extremely tight and he asked permission from the federation.

okanial
05-23-2016, 06:30 PM
not related to subject but do you know if he`ll be able to join any pre-draft work outs between playoffs and OQT?

slice me nice
05-23-2016, 06:43 PM
not related to subject but do you know if he`ll be able to join any pre-draft work outs between playoffs and OQT?

Slim chance because the playoffs will end at the middle of June and pre-draft workouts start at the first week of June depending on the teams and continue until the one or two days before the draft night. In all likelihood, Efes will reach the final and a busy schedule waiting ahead of them. Even if the final results in 4-0, again still slim chance for Korkmaz to attend those practices as the NT camp is going to start as soon as possible after the league finishes. So basically it is almost impossible for him to fly to USA right after the playoffs.

carlo
05-24-2016, 06:54 PM
Onuralp Bitim will join depending upon his general performance and physical status. Last year some players from U19 joined U20 team as soon as the first tournament ends and this caused few fair criticisms towards the U20 coach since the players' physical conditions were not enough to shoulder second tournament right after the first but we still managed to obtain the bronze even though the ceiling of team was much higher. There are enough time for regenerating condition between the U17 and U18 schedules dissimilarly U19 and U20 ones therefore he is likely to join the U18 team.

Korkmaz is U20 material but won't join the team since the schedule between U20 and OQT is extremely tight and he asked permission from the federation.

That's right, it looks a reasonable schedule this year as there is nearly one month break for any player from U17 WC to possibly join U18 Euro, which is btw of paramount importance as U18 ch'ships also represent the qualifiers for 2017 U19 WC.

carlo
06-14-2016, 12:59 PM
Serbia preliminary roster:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ck6aIKBXAAAwp9j.jpg

Source: Eurhopes

Srle
06-14-2016, 05:10 PM
Hopefully Nikolic and Petrovic will show up this time around, shame that Plavsic and Nesic are not on the preliminary roster as well. This roster should contend for one of the medals and place at world u19 championship.

carlo
06-15-2016, 06:20 AM
Italy preliminary roster:

Antelli Michele - 1998, 181 cm, PG
Baldasso Tommaso - 1998, 195, PG
Barbon Cesare - 1998, 193, SG
Bucarelli Lorenzo - 1998, 195, F
Caruso Guglielmo - 1999, 205, F/C
De Zardo Lorenzo - 1999, 200, SG
Ebeling Michele - 1999, 205, F/C
Lever Alessandro - 1998, 205, F/C
Lovisotto Isacco - 1998, 205, F/C
Masciarelli Dario - 1998, 192, F
Massone Federico - 1998, 185, G
Mezzanotte Andrea - 1998, 205, F/C
Oxilia Tommaso - 1998, 198, F
Pajola Alessandro - 1999, 192, PG
Penna Lorenzo - 1998, 178, PG
Simioni Alessandro - 1998, 206, C
Valentini Andrea - 1998, 196, F
Visconti Riccardo - 1998, 196, SG

Top U18 Italian player Davide Moretti expected to join the team later on.

serbianhoops
06-15-2016, 09:04 AM
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia 22-name initial roster

Nenad Dimitrijevic
Viktor Efremovski
Elvis Hot
Ranko Mamuzic
Petar Ognjenovic
Aleksandar Janev
Petar Prentovic
Leonid Todorovski
Nikola Zarevski
Martin Gjorgjievski
Robert Stojanovski
Stefan Milevski
Jordan Kamisev
Damjan Krstevski
Enis Redzep
Nikola Kicev
Dobre Nisov
Josif Naumovski
Filip Gjorevski
Bojan Jovanovski
Gabriel Koskoski
Nikola Sopov

US tactician Clifton Ellis, head coach of the Clemens High School boys’ basketball team, has accepted to be the head coach of the Fomer Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia U18 National Team this summer for the European Championship.

carlo
06-16-2016, 02:12 PM
Germany 14-player preliminary roster:

Isaac Bonga,
Oskar Leon da Silva,
Richard Freudenberg,
Philipp Hadenfeldt,
Isaiah Hartenstein,
Philipp Herkenhoff,
Bennet Hundt,
Lars Lagerpusch,
Louis Olinde,
Moritz Sanders,
Filip Stanic,
Moritz Trieb,
Nelson Weidemann,
Ferdinand Zylka

It's a strong roster, based upon the team that won gold at the Albert Schweitzer Tournament, less MVP Kostja Mushidi who's engaged with the U20 and will likely join the team at the EC. Notable additions, Bonga and Hartenstein,injured at the time of AST.

serbianhoops
06-27-2016, 02:29 PM
As expected, the negative effects of the decision made by the Basketball Federation of Serbia to allow the registration of a maximun of 4 foreign national team players in Junior and Cadet leagues, are being felt with the absences of Crvena Zvezda's 6'7" swingman with a 6'9" wingspan Ivan Ćorović and Mega's 6'4" combo guard Jovan Vojinović (whose father Milija is a well-know referee). Both of them hold dual Serbian-Montenegrin citizenship and can now play for Montenegro without losing egibility to play for their respective clubs in the Junior League of Serbia.

Montenegro 17-player training camp roster

Ognjen Carapic (Buducnost)
Goran Miladinovic (Cilenti Basket Agropoli, Italy)
Vuk Popovic (Junior)
Jovan Vojinovic (Mega Leks, Serbia)
Aleksa Dubak (Liberty Christian Florida, USA)
Andrija Slavkovic (Buducnost)
Nikola Vujovic (Buducnost)
Ivan Corovic (Crvena zvezda, Serbia)
Vladan Kaludjerovic (Teodo)
Milic Starovlah (TBS Academy Torrejon, Spain)
Jakov Milosevic (Tortona, Italy)
Milos Popovic (Buducnost)
Petar Raickovic (Mega Leks, Serbia)
Lazar Kekovic (Vis Ferrare 2008, Italiy)
Marko Simonovic (Torino, Italy)
Milos Divac (Pistoja, Italy)
Filip Nikcevic (Buducnost Voli)

Srle
06-28-2016, 01:46 PM
Boriša Simanić, Aleksa Radanov, Matija Radović, Aleksa Uskoković, Stefan Đorđević i Stefan Momirov (Crvena zvezda Telekom), Nikola Mišković i Novak Musić (Mega Leks), Miloš Glišić, Boris Ristanović i David Popović (Radnički Kragujevac), Luka Vasić (Pirot), Nemanja Dinčić (Italija), Danilo Petrović (Italija), Haris Ćućović (Slovenija), Mihailo Jovičić (Španija) i Aleksa Stepanović (BiH).

Again some names are missing , it seems that we cannot gather all of our best players at any national selection :mad:

serbianhoops
06-28-2016, 04:30 PM
Slovenia 18-player initial roster

Aljaz Bratec PG 6'4" 1998 Helios Domzale
Jan Dornik SG 6'5" 1998 Olimpija Ljubljana
Rene Grdadolnik SF 6'6" 1998 Zlatorog Lasko
Matej Janezic C 6'10" 1998 Olimpija Ljubljana
Ziga Jurcek SG 6'5" 1998 Olimpija Ljubljana
Elvis Keric PG 6'2" 1998 Slovan Ljubljana
Jan Kocman PG 5'11" 1998 Postojna
Dino Kobic PF 6'10" 1998 Zlatorog Lasko
David Kralj PG 190 1999 Olimpija Ljubljana
Aljaz Kunc SF 6'6" 1999 Jance
Jurij Macura PF 6'10" 1999 Laboral Kutxa Vitoria, Spain
Enej Miklavcic PG 6'1" 1998 Zlatorog Lasko
Matevz Mlakar C 6'8" 1999 Olimpija Ljubljana
Gaber Ozegovic SF 6'5" 1998 Helios Domzale
Miha Skedelj SF 6'6" 1999 Krka Novo Mesto
Bor Stebalj PF 6'6" 1998 Krka Novo Mesto
Nikolas Susa PF 6'5" 1999 Parklji
Matic Vesel PF 6'9" 1998 Helios Domzale

After several friendlies against China U17, Elvis Keric and Gaber Ozegovic have been cut.

Lanky 6'10" Bosnian big man Dino Kobic, who moved to Slovenia last summer was on Bosnia and Herzegovina U16 preliminary list two years ago, have recently been granted with Slovenian citizenship.

Srle
07-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Borisa Simanic is most likely to miss u18 championship , so are chances to qualify for u19 world championships are fading, hopefully Stepanovic will get some serious minutes, to me he's much better prospect than Glisic, same thing with Ristanovic, also would be a nice thing if Plavsic is invited as well.

serbianhoops
07-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Yep. Simanic will miss the competition. He has to undergo a septoplasty surgery to fix his deviated nasal septum. The question which needs to be asked is why did he set the surgery now and not during the off-period given he didn't play any official game since the ANGT final tournament.

:rolleyes: I know blunt hypocrisy when I witness some.

As expected, NBA salary cap rise is hurting FIBA hoops but I hadn't expected that it would also hit youth competitions.

Basketball can definitively provide enough money to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.

Srle
07-02-2016, 11:39 AM
I don't see relation between Simanic missing u18 championship and NBA salary cap , I guess it is a joke . I don't know why our federation haven't tried to call Plavsic or Apic :confused:

serbianhoops
07-02-2016, 08:53 PM
European wonderkids like Simanic whose names are on NBA scouts radar and who are potential lottery pick will more and more avoid to play FIBA youth competitions in order to minimize injury risk and have time to improve their skills/athletics with top development coaches.

The perspective a these NBA multiple-million annual contracts given to average bench warmers will override young players' patriotism.

Srle
07-03-2016, 11:27 AM
I think he can only hurt himself by not taking the part in the competition, most of the international high draft picks made their names in the junior competition , European championships, world championships etc.. He's still owe us productive tournament start to finish, he only show us flashes of the talent he possess but also lots of flaws in his game.

slice me nice
07-03-2016, 12:03 PM
Yep. Simanic will miss the competition. He has to undergo a septoplasty surgery to fix his deviated nasal septum. The question which needs to be asked is why did he set the surgery now and not during the off-period given he didn't play any official game since the ANGT final tournament.

:rolleyes: I know blunt hypocrisy when I witness some.

As expected, NBA salary cap rise is hurting FIBA hoops but I hadn't expected that it would also hit youth competitions.

Basketball can definitively provide enough money to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.

Such an overly skepticism. He hasn't proven anything on the basis of NT and I am quite sure that he would like to join the team to rise his stock. I would agree on your opinions if this would U-20 level where the proven players make laughable excuses to withdraw their names from teams. The U-18 EC is still an attractive platform for players to make themselves conspicuous. If you are right about him, then the only thing that I can say for him that he is basically visionless which I want to believe he is not.

BiHBasket
07-04-2016, 11:54 PM
Dzanan Musa will not play for BiH U18. He will be there with the senior national team for the Eurobasket 2017 qualifications though.

With the lack of him and Sikiraš(injury problems), our two best 1999 born players, and with low talent in the generation 1998, it will be hard to keep division A status.

Only two players from U17 team are called for U18 team: Čampara and Čerkezovic. But it's questionable will they participate too. U18 team with 98' born players already started their preparations, while Campara and Cerkezovic will maybe join later, they have 10 rest days after U17 tournament.

But let's stay positive, I really expect to this tournament be Amar Gegić's breakout tournament. He is extremely talented and this is his opportunity to shine.

An unique, 6'6'' athletic playmaker. Satoransky is best comparison.

serbianhoops
07-07-2016, 01:59 PM
Class of 2017 6'11" with 7'1.5" wingspan PF/C Luka Garza ('98) who recently picked up Indiana, Georgetown and Louisville offers is eligible to play for Bosnia and Herzegovina or Slovenia through his mother Sejla. He is the nephew of well-known Slovenian national team all-time leading scorer Teoman Alibegovic.

http://youtu.be/iGhy4WCDSWM

gockun
07-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Turkey beat Slovenia at the OT in the prep game. Görkem Doğan (98) led the winners with 17p 11r. He was the MVP of national U-18 tournement. Seems he will be the leader of the team with the absance of Omer Faruk Yurtseven. Can't believe this kid was playing the ball only for two years. His story seems much like Omer Asık.

Efesdxb
07-08-2016, 06:13 AM
Turkey beat Slovenia at the OT in the prep game. Görkem Doğan (98) led the winners with 17p 11r. He was the MVP of national U-18 tournement. Seems he will be the leader of the team with the absance of Omer Faruk Yurtseven. Can't believe this kid was playing the ball only for two years. His story seems much like Omer Asık.

I didn't hear this guy's name before. After a quick search I have found out he is from Pinar Karsiyaka...
I will watch the EC and find out about this kid.

carlo
07-08-2016, 06:23 AM
Day 1 results at Roseto Tournament:

Italy-Greece 63-45 (Italy bs: Massone 3, Antelli 2, Giustetto 4, Pajola 3, Visconti 7, Caruso 4, Oxilia 5, Barbon 2, Bucarelli 4, Baldasso 10, Simioni 14, Mezzanotte 5)
Turkey-Slovenia 84-77 (OT).

slice me nice
07-08-2016, 10:14 AM
I didn't hear this guy's name before. After a quick search I have found out he is from Pinar Karsiyaka...
I will watch the EC and find out about this kid.

As gockun said he is the MVP of Turkish Championship this year. Raw talent, poor finisher however excellent rebounder. Even better than Aldemir at that age (Aldemir 13.3 RPG in 2009, Doğan 14.8 RPG). When it comes to defense, he is soft but I attribute this to immaturity of his game. This year's EC will be decisive for him to come into prominence. We are going to have a superb C rotation with Yurtseven, Doğan and Atar or Duran.

Btw, Carlo any live stream for the tournament or live score to follow up the stats?

carlo
07-09-2016, 06:13 AM
Good performance of Italy at Roseto tournament, 72-43 over Slovenia. For Italian team scored: Antelli 7, De Zardo 8, Visconti 7, Caruso 4 , Oxilia 9, Bucarelli 11, Masciarelli 5, Baldasso 3, Simioni 6, Mezzanotte 6, Ebeling 3.

In another Roseto game Turkey beat Greece 68-58. Al (12), Yarol (11) and Bastan (10) led Turkey, K.Papadakis (18) and Tataris (10) were high for Greece.

Unfortunately didn't find any live score of current games.

carlo
07-10-2016, 05:55 AM
Italy won Roseto tournament defeating Turkey 87-79 after one OT.
Best scorer for Italy Andrea Mezzanotte (19), followed by Visconti (14), Bucarelli (11) and De Zardo (10).

carlo
07-11-2016, 12:58 PM
France won Tarare tournament defeating Germany in the last game 71-56. French team previously beat Croatia 95-74.

Final standing: 1. France (3-0), 2. Croatia (2-1), 3. Germany (1-2), 4. Poland (0-3).

BiHBasket
07-13-2016, 10:36 PM
Sani Čampara(99') from Spars moved to Real Madrid. Nice for him. It's still questionable will he play in the U18.

BiHBasket
07-16-2016, 10:04 PM
I just saw list of 14 BiH players right now on preparations, we have so many PG's, some of them will have to play on SG or SF position:rolleyes: Gegic and Nikolic are what I like most, two PG's and both of them are really tall for that position, not sure will Nikolic make the final team though. Doesn't look like a balanced team, we lack frontcourt players.

Those 14:

PG Faris Preljevic, 98', 6'0'', Čelik

PG Darko Talic, 98', 6'2'', Igokea

PG Nemanja Nikolic, 98', 6'6'', Igokea

PG Amar Gegic, 98', 6'6'', Spars

PG Sani Campara, 99', 6'1'', Real Madrid

SG Jure Soldo, 98', 6'3'', Široki

SG Ahmed Bjelak, 98', 6'3'', Koš

SG Bosko Bojović, 98', 6'5'', ?

SG Dragan Pervan, 98', 6'3'', Široki

SF Nikola Maric, 98', 6'7'', Getafe

SF Rijad Avdic, 98', 6'6'', Alba

SF Arsenije Vuckovic, 98', 6'8'', Mladost

PF Sandro Antunovic, 98', 6'10'', ?

C Sabahudin Jahic, 98', 6'11', Spars

It was said that from U17 team Čampara and Čerkezović(99', SF', 6'6'') will join U18 team, but there's no Čerkezović, at least in this moment. Maybe some other players will join? This team doesn't look good. Our starting five be like Campara - Gegić - Maric - Vuckovic - Antunovic:confused:

vaslover
07-18-2016, 10:33 AM
Guys, what about Tadas Sedekersis and Rapolas Ivanauskas? Is it possible to see them in the final Lithuanian U 18 roster? Huge talents indeed.

carlo
07-18-2016, 05:46 PM
Italy beat Germany at Cisternino tournament 68-55. Antelli (11) and De Zardo (10) led Italy, Lagerpusch was high for Germany with 11.

Other tournament's results:
Germany-Serbia 68-66
Italy-Montenegro 77-58
Serbia-Montenegro 67-62

Today, Italy finds Serbia and Germany faces Montenegro.

BiHBasket
07-18-2016, 06:47 PM
Our team played two games in Slovenia versus home team:

Slovenia U18 - BiH U18 79 : 71

- Ziga Jurcek 25 points
- Matic Vesel 15 points, 9 rebounds
- Rene Grdadolnik 13 points

- Amar Gegic 21 points, 4 assists
- Bosko Bojovic 13 points
- Nikola Maric 11 points, 7 rebounds

Slovenia U18 - BiH U18 52 : 72

- Matic Vesel 12 points, 5 rebounds
- David Kralj 9 points
- Miha Skedelj 7 points

- Amar Gegic 15 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks
- Sani Campara 16 points
- Bosko Bojovic 13 points, 7 rebounds

This time, there is no Musa in Bosnian team, and like always, there's no Doncic in Slovenian team.

Dreamcatcher
07-18-2016, 10:52 PM
Guys, what about Tadas Sedekersis and Rapolas Ivanauskas? Is it possible to see them in the final Lithuanian U 18 roster? Huge talents indeed.
No. Don't know why there is no Sedekerskis. As well our best pg Pilauskas. As for Ivanauskas, his name is in the every summer, but he doesn't come.

carlo
07-19-2016, 06:27 AM
Even without its top player Davide Moretti (currently with the U20 team) Italy won Cisternino tournament beating also Serbia 83-62. Lorenzo Penna and Alessandro Pajola were the best scorers for Italy with 15 and 12 pts.
In another game Germany won against Montenegro 82-72, finishing second in the tourney.

vaslover
07-19-2016, 01:36 PM
No. Don't know why there is no Sedekerskis. As well our best pg Pilauskas. As for Ivanauskas, his name is in the every summer, but he doesn't come.

Ok,thanks for answer. Definitely that with Sedekersis and Ivanauskas Lithuania could be much stronger. But anyway, even without them Lithuanian U 18 looks quite competetive.

Srle
07-19-2016, 02:02 PM
Borisa Simanic will be ready for the tournament.

the_black_planet
07-19-2016, 06:44 PM
Borisa Simanic will be ready for the tournament.

Thanks man, some good news at last! :D

BiHBasket
07-19-2016, 11:00 PM
Just before U18 EC there will be preparation tournament in Turkey, teams: Turkey, France, Spain, BiH.

This will be great test four our not so great generation.

Dreamcatcher
07-21-2016, 01:02 PM
So Serbian team isn't going to Turkey?

carlo
07-21-2016, 01:55 PM
Serbian Federation decided to not participate in the European Championship in Turkey.
https://twitter.com/djordjematic/status/756078547584880640

Let's see if other withdrawals will follow.

slice me nice
07-21-2016, 03:34 PM
Görkem Doğan (MVP of Turkish Championship) is going to miss the tournament due to broken finger. Sad news as I really wanted him to see in action in the tournament. He had been the consistent performer during the prep period, given a lot of contribution. That would be a great opportunity for him to make his name. Anyway, may be a big blow for our chance, but hope that still his absence is going to be recoverable with the addition of Berke Atar.

Picek
07-22-2016, 05:49 AM
today it should be known if the tournament will be cancelled or moved to another country (Finland, B&H).

Dirtyh
07-22-2016, 07:24 AM
moved to another country (Finland).

Where did you get that one?

I'm pretty sure that Finland's federation is out of fuel to host other tournament. Although it would be great and home crowd is eager to see more Finnish talents.

Picek
07-22-2016, 11:47 AM
Where did you get that one?

I'm pretty sure that Finland's federation is out of fuel to host other tournament. Although it would be great and home crowd is eager to see more Finnish talents.
Our press with info coming from federation.

R1ou
07-22-2016, 05:30 PM
They just cancelled it.It is rumoured the tournament is going to be held either late 2016 or early 2017.

Srle
07-22-2016, 05:35 PM
How late ??? Winter time :confused: that would be interesting , I am sure many players have duties with the senior club teams. I don't think it will be organized next year, since U19 championship is scheduled for next year . I think Serbia should be one of the candidate for the organizations of the tournament.

serbianhoops
07-22-2016, 05:50 PM
Same time, next year :

Will the Egypt-based U19 World Championship be cancelled or moved to another country ?

carlo
07-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Situation is officially as follows:

2016 U18 EC postponed indefinitely, Fiba Europe to check options to play the tournament at the end of 2016 or beginning of 2017
http://www.fiba.com/europe/u18/2016/news/fiba-u18-european-championship-suspended-indefinitely

2017 U19 WC is scheduled in Cairo, Egypt from 1-9 July, so I don't think it needs to be moved or cancelled as of now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_FIBA_Under-19_World_Championship

Dreamcatcher
07-22-2016, 11:39 PM
Tournament to be held at the end of 2016 or beginning of 2017 is very complicated. To agree with any country as much as it possible and to do it before new season starts.

carlo
07-23-2016, 05:41 AM
Despite EC postponement Italy and Greece met in the first of two friendlies played in Ceglie (ITA) and Greece won 68-49.
Bolatoglou led the winners with 12 pts, followed by Christidis and Moraitis with 10. Baldasso and Caruso were high for Italy with 11.

serbianhoops
07-23-2016, 07:16 PM
Situation is officially as follows:

2017 U19 WC is scheduled in Cairo, Egypt from 1-9 July, so I don't think it needs to be moved or cancelled as of now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_FIBA_Under-19_World_Championship

Luxor massacre, Sharm el-Sheikh bombings, Metrojet crash, Egyptair crash, premise of a "civil war" between "President" Abdel Fattah el-Sisi's troops and Muslim brotherhood followers.

serbianhoops
07-23-2016, 07:25 PM
Serbia U18 squad beat Hungarian peers (featuring 6'2" 1998-born Serbia-native Croat Boris Krnjajski) 78-69 in yesterday's friendly game in Vrsac.

carlo
07-23-2016, 07:49 PM
Luxor massacre, Sharm el-Sheikh bombings, Metrojet crash, Egyptair crash, premise of a "civil war" between "President" Abdel Fattah el-Sisi's troops and Muslim brotherhood followers.

I see your point, and agree upon the country risks you have mentioned but in today's world there's no place safe any longer, unfortunately. UEFA Football Euro tournament, for instance, wasn't cancelled despite the host nation has been target of terrorist attacks. We'll see anyway what Fiba will decide in the coming months.

serbianhoops
07-23-2016, 07:49 PM
Bosnia and Herzegovina U18 12-player planned squad

6'0" PG Faris Preljevic ('98 - Celik Zenica)
6'2" PG Darko Talic ('98 - Igokea Aleksandrovac)
6'6" PG Nemanja Nikolic ('98 - Igokea Aleksandrovac)
6'6" PG Amar Gegic ('98 - Spars Sarajevo)
6'1" PG Sani Campara ('99 - Real Madrid, Spain)
6'3 SG Jure Soldo ('98 - Siroki Brijeg)
6'3" SG Ahmed Bjelak ('98 - Kos Sarajevo)
6'5" SG Bosko Bojovic ('98 - Igokea Aleksandrovac)
6'6" SF Rijad Avdic ('98 - Alba Berlin, Germany)
6'7" PF Nikola Maric ('98 - Getafe, Spain)
6'8" PF Arsenije Vuckovic ('98 - Mladost Mrkonjic Grad)
6'10" PF/C Sandro Antunovic ('98, Kos Sarajevo)

Siroki Brijeg's 6'3" SG Dragan Pervan and Spars Sarajevo's 6'11" C Sabahudin Jahic (both '98) were the last two players cut by head-coach Enes Numanovic.

6'4" sharpshooting SG Denis Alibegovic ('98) remained in the USA to take part to all three NCAA-sanctioned July evaluation period events.

carlo
07-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Greece also won the second friendly with Italy 72-55. Christidis led all scorers with 23 pts, followed by Agravanis (11) and Moraitis (10). Barbon, Oxilia and Simioni all finished with 11 pts for Italy.

serbianhoops
07-24-2016, 09:49 AM
6'9" C Ilija Lukovic ('99), son of former Partizan volleyball player and current coach Zoran, will play for Cyprus at the upcoming U18 B division European Championship.

carlo
08-08-2016, 06:26 AM
Montenegro won Div. B tournament in Skopje, defeating Ukraine 83-72 in the final.
Ognjen Carapic (MNE) named tournament's MVP.
Surprising Slovakia edged Hungary 63-62 for the third place, and is promoted to Div. A besides MNE and UKR.

Grobar024
08-24-2016, 12:06 PM
Serbia U18 squad beat Hungarian peers (featuring 6'2" 1998-born Serbia-native Croat Boris Krnjajski) 78-69 in yesterday's friendly game in Vrsac.

Boris Krnjajski is born in Serbia 1998 - Subotica.He left Serbija 3 yars ago and he have Serbian and Hungary passport.
Boris play basketball in PVSK Panonnpower Pecs Hungary also play basketball for U-18 Hungary national team

serbianhoops
09-04-2016, 08:16 PM
With the reschedule of the competition we can decently think that overseas players won't be available. For instance, Spain won't be able to rely on 6'9" versatile freshmen PF Eric Martinez Vila (Texas A&M) and Joshua Tomaic (Maryland) who is, by the way, named after his croatian mother's maiden name.

serbianhoops
09-11-2016, 07:51 PM
Alongside 1998 and 1999-born Serbian players already based in the United States, 2 more players who recently move there won't be available for the the rescheduled U18 European Championship, class of 2017 6'6" swingmen Matija Radovic and Marko Rajanovic (both 1998).

Matija Radovic from Crvena Zvezda, who was on coach Gurovic 17-name preliminary list for the 2016 U18 European Championship, moved to the well-known Montverde Academy in Florida.

While Marko Rajanovic from Proleter Zrenjanin, who was on Gurovic's preliminary list for the 2016 Albert Schweitzer Tournament,joined the famous Christian Sunrise Academy based in Wichita, Kansas.

Dreamcatcher
11-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Spanish clubs Baskonia and Gran Canaria won't allow to participate the best Lithuanian player Sedekerskis and main center Gadiliauskas. Brose Baskets seems will allow Kulboka (our top 3 talent) play. All players who play in Lithuania are available.

serbianhoops
11-14-2016, 02:12 PM
Serbia's U18 national team 14-man preliminary squad :

Dušan Beslać (Dinamik), Aleksandar Aranitović, Boriša Simanić, Aleksa Uskoković, Stefan Đorđević & Stefan Momirov (Crvena zvezda), Aleksa Radanov (FMP), Nikola Mišković, Novak Musić & Mihailo Jovičić (Mega Leks), Miloš Glišić, Danilo Petrović (Italy), Haris Ćućović (Slovenia) & Aleksa Stepanović (BiH).

pohani komarac
11-15-2016, 12:33 AM
Mate Mandić
Karlo Uljarević
Krešimir LJubičić
Lovro Buljević
Luka Barišić
Darko Bajo
Pavao Paić
Domagoj Šarić
Mate Kalajžić
Mateo Čolak
Josip Barnjak
Leo Čizmić
Emil Savić
Domagoj Proleta

BiHBasket
11-24-2016, 05:56 PM
In the FIBA U18 EC 2014 we had Mussini, Charalampopoulos, Marc Garcia, Arapović, Flaccadori, Atić, Sabonis, Kaba, Peno, Guven, Korkmaz, Cordinier, Aleksa Ilić, Zoran Nikolić, Varnas, Žižić, Marinković, Slavica, Papagiannis, Bender, (even Mykhailiuk in division B)...I remember that as really strong tournament, so many talented young guys, some of them are NBA players now.

But who are brightest talents of 1998 and 1999 generations? I will name some: Sedekerskis, Mushidi, Yurtseven, Hartenstein, Ntikilina, Hoard, Simanić, Musa, Dončić...it isn't a problem that they are less talented than generations 1996 and 1997, problem is that unlike them a lot of top talents will not participate in this tournament. I'm pretty sure we will not see Yurtseven, Ntikilina, Hoard, Dončić and some other top talents in Turkey.

It's a shame. But it is not just because tournament is in the middle of season, it's also because more than ever European talents moved to USA and there are less chances they will play for national team in EC, and also some of players just think they are too good to play a tournament like this, it's "below their level".

serbianhoops
11-24-2016, 10:34 PM
According to the French Basketball Federation, Ntilikina will play at the EC.

Straight forward
11-25-2016, 06:27 PM
Lithuanian candidates. Marked players are strong dudes for such tournament. If we had Sedekerskis and Gadiliauskas it could be one of the best youth teams in years, but both won't play. Most likely Masiulis will be MVP of the team, dominating in second division of Lithuanian league.

Tadas PAŽĖRA („Šiauliai“)
Arnoldas KULBOKA (Bambergo „Brose“)
Aistis PILAUSKAS (Vilniaus KK „Lietuvos rytas“)
Tautvydas Kazimieras VYŠNIAUSKAS (Vilniaus KM)
Džiugas SLAVINSKAS (Klaipėdos „Nafta-Uni-Akvaservis“)
Lukas VABALEVIČIUS (Marijampolės „Sūduva-Mantinga“)
Einaras TUBUTIS (Vilniaus KM)
Gytis NEIMANTAS (Šiaulių KA „Saulė“)
Karolis GIEDRAITIS (Vilniaus BC „Perlas“)
Lukas ULECKAS (Kauno „Žalgiris“)
Ignas SARGIŪNAS (Kauno „Žalgiris“)
Justinas MARCINKEVIČIUS (KTU)
Grantas VASILIAUSKAS (Kauno „Žalgiris“)
Gytis MASIULIS (Kauno „Žalgiris“)
Matas JOGĖLA (Kauno „Žalgiris“)
Arnas VELIČKA (Barselonos „Barcelona“)

BiHBasket
11-29-2016, 06:42 PM
Bosnian coach Josip Pandža expect 17 players on gathering(December 5) :

- PG Darko Talić 6'2'' Igokea
- PG Sani Čampara* 6'2'' Real Madrid
- PG Nemanja Nikolić 6'6'' Igokea
- PG Faris Preljević 5'11'' Čelik
- PG/SG Amar Gegić 6'6'' Bayern

- SG Boško Bojović 6'5'' Igokea
- SG Ahmed Bjelak 6'3'' Vogošća
- SG Mateo Zovko 6'3'' Zrinjski
- SG Jure Soldo 6'3'' Široki
- SG/SF Džanan Musa* 6'8'' Cedevita

- SF Rijad Avdić 6'7'' Alba Berlin
- SF/PF Emir Čerkezović* 6'5'' Sloboda

- PF/SF Nikola Marić 6'9'' Andorra
- PF/SF Dino Kobić 6'10'' Zlatorog
- PF/C Njegoš Sikiraš* 6'9'' Stellazzurra/Alba Berlin
- PF/C Sandro Antunović 6'10'' Kvarner
- C Ibrahim Mulaomerović 7'0'' Zlatorog

*99 born.

Heights you see are way more accurate than on FIBA site.

Projected starting lineup: Čampara - Gegić - Musa - Marić - Sikiraš

Three preperation games:

- vs Croatia, December 9
- vs Slovenia, December 10
- vs Turkey, December 13

carlo
11-30-2016, 07:51 AM
Italian preliminary players list at Nov. training camp:

ANTELLI Michele (1998, 181cm, PG)
BALDASSO Tommaso (1998, 195, PG)
BARBON Cesare (1998, 193, G)
BUCARELLI Lorenzo (1998, 195, Fw)
CARUSO Guglielmo (1999, 205, F/C)
CONTI Alberto (1998, 195, G)
LEVER Alessandro (1998, 205, F/C)
LOVISOTTO Isacco (1998, 205, F/C)
MASSONE Federico (1998, 185, G)
MEZZANOTTE Andrea (1998, 205, F/C)
MORETTIi Davide (1998, 185, G)
OXILIA Tommaso (1998, 198, Fw)
PAJOLA Alessandro (1999, 192, PG)
PENNA Lorenzo (1998, 178, PG)
SIMIONI Alessandro (1998, 206, C)
VISCONTI Riccardo (1998, 196, G)

Probably, the best possible prospects list.

BiHBasket
12-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Slovenia prelim roster:

- PG Aljaž Bratec (98') 6'4'' Helios
- PG Enej Miklavčić (98') 6'2'' Zlatorog
- PG David Kralj (99') 6'3'' Union Olimpija

- SG Žiga Jurček (98') 6'4'' Union Olimpija
- SG Matic Šiška (98') 6'1'' Krka

- SF Rene Grdadolnik (98') 6'6'' Zlatorog
- SF Aljaž Kunc (98') 6'6'' Janče
- SF Gaber Ožegović (98') 6'5'' Lastovka
- SF Miha Škedelj (99') 6'6'' Krka
- SF Nik Dragan (00') 6'6'' Union Olimpija

- PF Matic Vesel (98') 6'9'' Helios
- PF Bor Šteblaj (98') 6'6'' Krka
- PF Nikolas Šuša (99') 6'5'' Parklji

- C Matej Janežič (98') 6'10'' Union Olimpija
- C Matevž Mlakar (99') 6'8'' Union Olimpija

With the expected lack of Dončić, first name of this team should be Vesel, and they will be happy if they keep division A status

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY_1Hgm_Pv0

BiHBasket
12-02-2016, 05:57 PM
There is no Yurtseven on Turkey prelim roster.

As for Serbia, 6'4'' combo guard Aleksandar Aranitović will miss this tournament because of injury. Also, it's still questionable will 6'10'' PF Boriša Simanić play, Zvezda isn't willing to let him go. But it's still dangerous team with Radanov, Stepanović, Glišić, Đorđević etc.

BiHBasket
12-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Croatia will play only one preparation game, against Bosnia on home court(December 9).

More info about their prelim roster:

- PG Domagoj Šarić (99') 6'0'' Šibenik
- PG Mate Kalajžić (98') 6'3'' Split
- SG/PG Karlo Uljarević (98') 6'3'' Cibona

- SG Emil Savić (98') 6'7'' Valencia
- SG Mate Mandić (98') 6'5'' Cibona
- SG Josip Barnjak (98') 6'4'' Kvarner

- SF Leo Čizmić (98') 6'9'' Betis

- PF/SF Domagoj Proleta (98') 6'8'' Obila
- PF/SF Luka Barišić (98') 6'9'' Cedevita
- PF/SF Darko Bajo (99') 6'10'' Cedevita
- PF Mateo Čolak (98') 6'9'' Široki
- PF Lovro Buljević (98') 6'11'' Cedevita

- PF/C Pavao Pavić (98') 6'8'' Šibenik
- C Krešimir Ljubičić (98') 6'11'' Cibona

There is no some top prospect in this generation but it's well balanced team with some good player in both backcourt and frontcourt.

BiHBasket
12-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Zoosman averaged 18 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 5.3 steals at four games of ANGT 2015/16

Ebo averaged 20.9 points, 4.6. rebounds and 2.3 assists at FIBA U16 EC 2015

Levinson averaged 14.6 points and 11.1 rebounds at FIBA U16 2016 divison B

http://oi63.tinypic.com/dwctjs.jpg

carlo
12-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Spain roster of 11 players announced (last one to be added later on):

G - Pol Figueras (FC Barcelona), Dani García (Hospitalet), Álvaro Sanz (CB Huesca)

F - Víctor Moreno (CB Fuenlabrada), Ignacio Ballespín (CB Óbila), Sergi Martínez (FC Barcelona), Aleix Font (FC Barcelona), Maxim Esteban (FC Barcelona), Josep Puerto (Valencia B)

C - Ignacio Rosa (Unicaja), Bernat Vanaclocha (Estudiantes)

http://www.feb.es/2016/12/5/baloncesto/u18m-espana-presenta-equipo-para-europeo-turquia/67639.aspx

Spain is in the same group of Croatia, Italy and Sweden, with the two top teams advancing to QF.

raph
12-06-2016, 05:14 PM
French federation list for this tournament :

pg : Franck Ntilikina (1.95 ; 98) - Thibault Desseignet (1.82 ; 98) - Thimothé Vergiat (1.90 ; 98)
sg : Adam Mokoka (1.91 ; 98) - Bathiste Tchouaffé (1.96 ;98) - Abdoulaye N'doye (combo guard ; 1.98 ; 99)
sf : Seikou Doumbouya (2.05 ; 2000) - El Hadji-Digue Diawara (2.05 ; 98)
pf : Ivan Février (2.02 ; 99) - Jules Rambault (2.04 ; 98)
c : Bastien Vautier (2.10 ; 98) - Warren Woghiren (2.12 ; 98)

Deep team, lot of quality players but a lot will depend on every player to sacrifice a bit of his stats/playing time to do the dirty work.
Without being arrogant, this team has to get the gold. By far the most talented team we have since the 88/89 generations (Batum, Diot, Jackson, Moerman, Tillie, Ajinca etc). No real weakness on the paper, even for the frontcourt.

The answer will be on the court though.
Only missing the players from ncaa (incl. Tillie, calendar s*cks for this).

BiHBasket
12-06-2016, 07:14 PM
Latvia 14 man prelim roster. It's still unclear will Rodions Kurucs be available

http://oi67.tinypic.com/10cjio8.jpg

BiHBasket
12-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Today news from Serbian team:

- Aleksandar Aranitović is definitely out because of injury

- Crvena Zvezda still isn't willing to let Boriša Simanić join U18 team but small hope that he will join at one stage is still there.

- Virtus Bologna demanded that Danilo Petrović can join to U18 team on December 12 and not even a day before, so it's decided by national team coach Milan Gurović that he will not join at all.

- Matija Radović and Luka Vasić are not available because they moved to USA.

So right now those players from prelim list are avilable:

- PG Novak Musić 6'2'' Mega

- PG Aleksa Uskoković 6'3'' Crvena Zvezda

- PG Mihailo Jovičić 6'2'' Mega

- SG Stefan Momirov 6'4'' Crvena Zvezda

- SG Lazar Nikolić 6'8'' Stellazzurra

- SG Aleksa Radanov 6'7'' FMP

- SF Nikola Mišković 6'9'' Mega

- PF Miloš Glišić 6'9'' Without club

- PF Dušan Beslać 6'7'' Dinamik

- PF Aleksa Stepanović 6'9'' Spars

- C Haris Ćućović 6'9'' Union Olimpija

- C Stefan Đorđević 6'8'' Crvena Zvezda

And Gurović went for three aditional calls, forwards Ivan Hadžić(6'7'', Partizan), Ranko Simović(6'6'', Crvena Zvezda) and center Aleksa Kojadinović(6'9'', Dinamik).

BiHBasket
12-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Personally I think Germany is the strongest European team in the 98/99 generation: Mushidi, Hartenstein, Freudenberg and Bonga are top prospects, and players like Freudenberg, Weidemann, da Silva, Herkenhoff, Zylka are also very talented. Good thing is that expect Freudenberg(because he moved to USA) all others should be available.

Latvia has two USA based players in their prelim roster and both of them confirmed they will join the preparations, but most of top USA based prospects(Yurtseven, Hoard, Freudenberg?, Vila...) are not avilable to their national teams. Spain will really miss Eric Vila, with him they would be much better, remember it's a guy with 21 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists in the last ANGT final game.

Will Valtonen play for Finland?

Efesdxb
12-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Turkey Roster:

Onuralp Bitim, Muhaymin Mustafa, Yiğitcan Saybir (Anadolu Efes)
Oğuzhan Yarol (Antalya Spor)
Ragıp Berke Atar, Eray Akyüz (Bandırma Kırmızı)
Erkin Şenel (Banvit)
Leon Harun Apaydın (Darüşşafaka Doğuş)
Ahmet Can Duran (Fenerbahçe)
Alp Karahan, Görkem Doğan (Pınar Karşıyaka)
Bertan Baştan, Berk Kar (Tolkar Genç Karşıyakalılar)
Ömer Utku Al (Yeşil Giresun Belediye Spor)

2 players will be cut.

vaslover
12-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Seems like Tadas Sedekerskis most probably will play for lithuanian U18 NT. Eventually Basconia let him go for U 18 European Championship. Huge profit for Lithuania, without any doubts.

gockun
12-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Turkey Roster:

Onuralp Bitim, Muhaymin Mustafa, Yiğitcan Saybir (Anadolu Efes)
Oğuzhan Yarol (Antalya Spor)
Ragıp Berke Atar, Eray Akyüz (Bandırma Kırmızı)
Erkin Şenel (Banvit)
Leon Harun Apaydın (Darüşşafaka Doğuş)
Ahmet Can Duran (Fenerbahçe)
Alp Karahan, Görkem Doğan (Pınar Karşıyaka)
Bertan Baştan, Berk Kar (Tolkar Genç Karşıyakalılar)
Ömer Utku Al (Yeşil Giresun Belediye Spor)

2 players will be cut.

almost all them born in 99, next years' U-18 team will be the same.

BiHBasket
12-09-2016, 01:23 PM
Germany 14 players prelim roster:

- PG Philipp Hadenfeldt 6'2''

- PG Jona Hoffmann 6'3''

- PG Bennet Hundt 6'0''

- PG Nelson Weidemann 6'3''

- SG Kostja Mushidi 6'5''

- SG Ferdinand Zylka 6'3''

- SF Issac Bonga 6'9''

- SF Oscar Leon da Silva 6'9''

- SF Louis Olinde 6'9''

- PF Isiah Hartenstein 6'11''

- PF Philip Herkenhoff 6'10''

- PF Lars Lagerpusch 6'8''

- PF Moritz Sanders 6'11''

- C Marten Linßen 6'9''

This is easily one of the most talented group of playes on one U18 EC ever, like a U18 dream team. As expected, Richard Freudenberg(SF, 6'9'') who was in ideal five of the AST earlier this year will not be part of the team because he is in the USA now. But even without him it's a really strong team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVL5ssPgGto

BiHBasket
12-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Preparation match

Croatia - BiH 83 : 80

Top scorers Bosnia: Musa 28, Marić 16, Gegić 14.

Top scorers Croatia: Bajo 24, Čizmić 12.

BiHBasket
12-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Sweden 12 players roster:

- Jonatan Arvidsson 6'0'' RIG Luleċ

- Ludvig Johansson 6'0'' RIG Mark

- Felix Lemetti 6'1'' Fryshuset Basket

- Sami Harun 6'4'' Fryshuset Basket

- David Höök 6'4'' RIG Luleċ

- Alan Zeković 6'5'' Uppsala Basket

- Vilgot Larsson 6'6'' Joventut

- Daniel Johansson 6'7'' Jämtland Basket

- Olle Lundqvist 6'7'' Jämtland Basket

- Felix Edwardsson 6'8'' Brose Basket

- Edvin Tedesjö 6'9'' RIG Luleċ

- David Appelgren 6'11'' RIG Luleċ

This Zeković kid has "Sweden/Bosnia" on his instagram profile but I never heard about him before.

Reserve list:

- William Eriksson-Hansson 6'2'' RIG Luleċ

- David Czerapowicz 6'3'' RIG Mark

- Alexander Karras 6'3'' RIG Mark

- Uroš Čigoja 6'6'' AIK Basket

BiHBasket
12-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Finland 14 man prelim roster

http://oi64.tinypic.com/o8guvc.jpg

If Valtonen will really play, and seems he will, they will not be a piece of cake

Straight forward
12-09-2016, 10:44 PM
So who do you guys think will be the contenders of the torunament? Bosnia off course will be very tough to beat, Lithuania as well, who else? Germany maybe with Hartenstein and Freudenberg?

PS: I've just paid more attention to previous posts and seems like it will be very competitive tournament. Should be fun.

BiHBasket
12-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Greece prelim roster:

Kalaitzakis 1.98

Lountzis 1.95

Tataris 2.05

Chatzikyriakidis 1.90

K. Papadakis 1.90

Moraitis 1.91

Agravanis 1.98

Kourepis 2.05

Liounis 2.10

Bolatoglou 1.96

Skoufis 1.90

S. Papadakis 1.96

Christidis 2.08

Karamanolis 1.92

Gorgonis 1.92

R1ou
12-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Greece prelim roster:

Kalaitzakis 1.98

Lountzis 1.95

Tataris 2.05

Chatzikyriakidis 1.90

K. Papadakis 1.90

Moraitis 1.91

Agravanis 1.98

Kourepis 2.05

Liounis 2.10

Bolatoglou 1.96

Skoufis 1.90

S. Papadakis 1.96

Christidis 2.08

Karamanolis 1.92

Gorgonis 1.92

No real talent there apart from Lountzis and Moraitis.There's a guy named Mantis(G),playing bbal in US currently,was called by the federation but he wasn't available for now.

BiHBasket
12-10-2016, 12:04 AM
Russia 15 players list:

Guards

- Gleb Guchetl (Khimki)
- Gleb Suvorov (Khimki)
- Denis Velichkin (Lokomotiv)
- Artem Limonov (Avtodor)
- Grigoriy Motovilov (Ural)
- Yuriy Umrikhin (CSKA)

Forwards

- Mikhail Andrianov (CSKA)
- Artyom Kuzmin (CSKA)
- Andrey Lopatin (CSKA)
- Maxim Barashkov (Khimki)
- Agasiy Tonoyan (Avtodor)

Centers

- Sergey Klyuev (Khimki)
- Kirill Popov (Lokomotiv)
- Dmitrii Khaldeev (Samara)
- Vladislav Sharapov (Zenit)

remigijus
12-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Lithuania final roster

Arnas Velička 1.92 (Barcelona)

Ignas Sargiūnas 1.93 (Kauno „Žalgiris“)

Karolis Giedraitis 1.91 (Vilniaus BC „Perlas“)

Lukas Uleckas 1.96 (Kauno „Žalgiris“)

Matas Jogėla 1.98 (Kauno „Žalgiris“)

Tadas Sedekerskis 2.04 (Saski Baskonia)

Arnoldas Kulboka 2.05 (Bambergo „Brose“)

Gytis Masiulis 2.05 (Kauno „Žalgiris“)

Grantas Vasiliauskas 2.04 (Kauno „Žalgiris“)

Justinas Marcinkevičius 2.01 (KTU)

Džiugas Slavinskas 2.02 (Klaipėdos „Nafta-Uni-Akvaservis“)

Einaras Tubutis 2.07 (Vilniaus KM)

serbianhoops
12-10-2016, 03:07 PM
No real talent there apart from Lountzis and Moraitis.There's a guy named Mantis (G),playing bbal in US currently,was called by the federation but he wasn't available for now.

Nick Mantis (1999) is a dynamic scoring combo guard. He is the leading scoring of his regional league so far, averaging 35.5 points per game. However he isn't the only greek american prospect in the U18 generation, Bucknell's 6'3" commit playmaker Jimmy Sotos and Navy-bound 6'7" swingman Nick Alikakos are also worth the look.

serbianhoops
12-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Sweden roster

Reserve list :

- Uroš Čigoja 6'6'' AIK Basket

1998-born Belgrade-native who used to play for FMP Zeleznik youth set up something like 5 or 6 years ago, before moving to Sweden.

serbianhoops
12-10-2016, 03:24 PM
Today news from Serbian team:

- Aleksandar Aranitović is definitely out because of injury

- Crvena Zvezda still isn't willing to let Boriša Simanić join U18 team but small hope that he will join at one stage is still there.

- Virtus Bologna demanded that Danilo Petrović can join to U18 team on December 12 and not even a day before, so it's decided by national team coach Milan Gurović that he will not join at all.

- Matija Radović and Luka Vasić are not available because they moved to USA.

So right now those players from prelim list are avilable:

- PG Novak Musić 6'2'' Mega

- PG Aleksa Uskoković 6'3'' Crvena Zvezda

- PG Mihailo Jovičić 6'2'' Mega

- SG Stefan Momirov 6'4'' Crvena Zvezda

- SG Lazar Nikolić 6'8'' Stellazzurra

- SG Aleksa Radanov 6'7'' FMP

- SF Nikola Mišković 6'9'' Mega

- PF Miloš Glišić 6'9'' Without club

- PF Dušan Beslać 6'7'' Dinamik

- PF Aleksa Stepanović 6'9'' Spars

- C Haris Ćućović 6'9'' Union Olimpija

- C Stefan Đorđević 6'8'' Crvena Zvezda

And Gurović went for three aditional calls, forwards Ivan Hadžić(6'7'', Partizan), Ranko Simović(6'6'', Crvena Zvezda) and center Aleksa Kojadinović(6'9'', Dinamik).

Dusan Beslac is 6'10". He had a nice start in this year's Junior League of Serbia before slowing down a bit. Luka Vasic and Matija Radovic aren't the only ones US-based players unavailable. For instance, Sasha Stefanovic, who has solve his passport issue, was also invited but didn't obtain the permission from his high-school to skip classes while the best 2018 PG prospect in Vermont Sebastijan Skoko is on his way to get his passport. Many othes are,as the saying goes, out of sight, out of mind. To mention just a few of them, Sava Dukic is said to be the best 2018 PG in Pasadena area, while combo forwards 6'10" Milos Apic and 6'8" Nemanja Tosic are putting huge numbers in their respective leagues.

damnimgood
12-11-2016, 09:17 AM
Onuralp Bitim(TUR) will be out for FIBA Europe U18 tournament due to an eye injury.

BiHBasket
12-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Bosnia and Herzegovina final roster:

1 – Čampara(6'2''), Talić(6'2''), Nikolić(6'6'')
1/2 – Gegić(6'6'')
2 – Bojović(6'5''), Zovko(6'3'')
2/3 – Musa(6'8'')
3/4 – Čerkezović(6'5'')
4/3 – Marić(6'9''), Kobić(6'10'')
4/5 – Sikiraš(6'9''), Antunović(6'10'')

Turkey - BiH preparation game in Tuesday.

gockun
12-12-2016, 03:59 PM
Turkiye-Lithuania prep game livestreem
http://www.tbftv.org/CanliYayin/12001/canli-turkiye-litvanya

Bosnia game will be on air on same link tomorrow.

carlo
12-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Lithuania beat Turkey 86-70.

Box score (http://live.tbf.org.tr/TBF/netcasting/default.asp?game_number=UA1801&microsite_scope=undefined)

BiHBasket
12-13-2016, 07:09 PM
In today preparation game vs Turkey BiH key frontcourt player Sikiraš got injured and first informations say he is out for the entire tournament. I blame coach Pandža 100%, we already had two preparation games(Croatia, Slovenia) and he decided to play one more two days before championsip, he personally insisted for a aditional preparation match.

carlo
12-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Italy roster:

BALDASSO Tommaso (1998, 195 cm, PG)
BARBON Cesare (1998, 193, G)
BUCARELLI Lorenzo (1998, 195, Fw)
CARUSO Guglielmo (1999, 205, F/C)
LEVER Alessandro (1998, 205, Fw)
MEZZANOTTE Andrea (1998, 205, Fw)
MORETTI Davide (1998, 185, G)
OXILIA Tommaso (1998, 198, Fw)
PAJOLA Alessandro (1999, 192, PG)
PENNA Lorenzo (1998, 178, PG)
SIMIONI Alessandro (1998, 206, F/C)
VISCONTI Riccardo (1998, 196, G)

Headcoach: A. Capobianco

thiago94
12-14-2016, 12:26 PM
Isaac Bonga is injured and he is definitely out for the entire tournament. A pity.

carlo
12-14-2016, 04:46 PM
Germany roster:

- PG Philipp Hadenfeldt 6'2''
- PG Bennet Hundt 6'0''
- PG Nelson Weidemann 6'3''

- SG Kostja Mushidi 6'5''
- SG Ferdinand Zylka 6'3''

- SF Oscar Leon da Silva 6'9''
- SF Louis Olinde 6'9''

- PF Isaiah Hartenstein 6'11''
- PF Philip Herkenhoff 6'10''
- PF Lars Lagerpusch 6'8''
- PF Moritz Sanders 6'11''

- C Marten Linßen 6'9''

By 10/12 it's the same roster winner of 2016 AST.

carlo
12-14-2016, 05:06 PM
Greece roster:

Michalis Lountzis, 1998, 1.95 m

Andreas Skoufis, 1998, 1.90

Thanasis Bolatoglou, 1998, 1.96

Dimitris Chatzikyriakidis, 1998, 1.91

Giannis Agravanis, 1998, 1.98

Vasilis Christidis, 1998, 2.08

Giorgos Kalaitzakis, 1999, 1.98

Dimitris Moraitis, 1999, 1.90

Konstantinos Papadakis, 1998, 1.90

Dimitris Kourepis, 1998, 2.05

Dionysis Tataris, 1998, 2.05

Stathis Papadakis, 1998, 1.96

BiHBasket
12-15-2016, 06:02 PM
I will never stop wondering on height data on FIBA site for those tournaments, so for example in BiH team Talić is listed as 198 cm while actually he is like 186 cm, Kobić is listed as 200 cm while he is like 207 cm, it's wrong for a lot of other BiH players too. It's ridiculous, I understand that they can make mistake for a couple of centimetres, but how the hell you make a mistake for like 10 centimetres:eek:

Because of Sikiraš injury BiH will play games with just 11 players in roster. After his injury we were badly outrebounded in a game vs Turkey, and why do I have a feeling it will happen often during this tournament:rolleyes:

Btw. this Serbian team with Simanić who joined in the end seems really strong. And overall tournament is loaded with good prospects, to be fair I expected weaker rosters, but a lot of top players are with their national teams.

Podcast about U18 EC
http://www.heinnews.com/basketball/nba/taking-the-charge-podcast-222-u18-european-championship-preview-with-can-pelister/

tallwestman
12-16-2016, 05:46 AM
According to the information, European countries have a lot of young players are over 210 cm (born in between 1998-1999), however, many of them have not bee elected into the final roster. I don't know why. Do European coaches not like long center any more?

tallwestman
12-16-2016, 05:48 AM
I will never stop wondering on height data on FIBA site for those tournaments, so for example in BiH team Talić is listed as 198 cm while actually he is like 186 cm, Kobić is listed as 200 cm while he is like 207 cm, it's wrong for a lot of other BiH players too. It's ridiculous, I understand that they can make mistake for a couple of centimetres, but how the hell you make a mistake for like 10 centimetres:eek:

Because of Sikiraš injury BiH will play games with just 11 players in roster. After his injury we were badly outrebounded in a game vs Turkey, and why do I have a feeling it will happen often during this tournament:rolleyes:

Btw. this Serbian team with Simanić who joined in the end seems really strong. And overall tournament is loaded with good prospects, to be fair I expected weaker rosters, but a lot of top players are with their national teams.

Podcast about U18 EC
http://www.heinnews.com/basketball/nba/taking-the-charge-podcast-222-u18-european-championship-preview-with-can-pelister/

I hope Antunović keep growing. He is talent center. And he would be better if he reaches 218 cm.

carlo
12-16-2016, 07:02 AM
F/C Joel Parra (2 m, 1999, Joventut) was the final addition to Spain roster.

Straight forward
12-16-2016, 11:19 AM
Crappy, lagging stream so far...:( Yet Croatia seems more disciplined and better team than Spain.

Israel is leading again Bosnia. Interesting...

Edit: Crazy 4th quarter between Bosnia and Israel. Roller coaster. Plenty of crazy shots and amazing buzzer beater sending the game to overtime.

pohani komarac
12-16-2016, 01:26 PM
with injured Kalajzic and injured Popic who can't play for Croatia until 21. this team is deep with physical players, but unfortualey there is not much basketball talent in this guys. Some of them might reach Jordi cup 2 level, but I don't expect much. Only Saric looks like basketball player but he is not physical so I guess Mance prefers to keep him on bench. Bajo has NBA body but his IQ is limited

I don't understand need for zone defense at the end since we limited Spain with our physical domination and there was no need to change defense. We need to work on or ofense, but then again we are missing someone who can play ofense

Levenspiel
12-16-2016, 05:09 PM
the spectators in Samsun are completely clueless... they don't even watch the game, they just sing their political bullshit...

Dirtyh
12-16-2016, 07:07 PM
Finland had 3 days training camp before tournament and zero games. I don't know why but now they are playing like 12 y.o kids. Of course gotta give credits to Germany, they seems like a real team.

thiago94
12-16-2016, 07:38 PM
But your are acting like men. Mushidi and Hartenstein like 10 year old Hall of Famers. Hate it! But maybe someday, this is their ticket to the NBA. Both have swag for sure.

R1ou
12-16-2016, 07:50 PM
Don't expect much from this team, the goal from the beginning was to avoid relegation. Today they were even with the Turkish team. As I had said Lountzis and Moraitis are big prospects, but this time shots didn't fall for Moraitis. Turkey didn't impress me either, doubt they can go further.

Sad to watch this portion of fanatics attending a youth basketball game to chant their bullshit..

Straight forward
12-17-2016, 11:50 AM
Liths playing like pussies. Bosnia all over.

pohani komarac
12-17-2016, 12:03 PM
Finland had 3 days training camp before tournament and zero games. I don't know why but now they are playing like 12 y.o kids. Of course gotta give credits to Germany, they seems like a real team.

All had short preps. This kids still go to school

Modis
12-17-2016, 12:54 PM
Lithuania terrible from range, some shots dont even reach the rim .

judasmartel
12-17-2016, 03:54 PM
the spectators in Samsun are completely clueless... they don't even watch the game, they just sing their political bullshit...

What's going on? Political enemies of Turkey in the tournament? Some history with Greece, Germany, and Finland?

That is why sports and politics do not mix.

Mika Hakinen
12-17-2016, 04:22 PM
We play great, but 35-13(?!) after 1st half, very unexpected...:confused:

DelibasicMirza
12-17-2016, 04:31 PM
We play great, but 35-13(?!) after 1st half, very unexpected...:confused:

Great team play from Russia

judasmartel
12-17-2016, 04:43 PM
Only 13 points in the first half? That's some defense.

R1ou
12-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Run out of fuel at 4th..Overall I'm satisfied by their performance.

This German team has been overrated.They looked average at best.

Dirtyh
12-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Finland beat Turkey very unexpectedly but if Turkey wins Germany tomorrow we are out any way even if we beat Greece. Germany can lose something like 50 points and they are still in so I guess they give rest day to their best players. Yes, every team had short preparation but even one game could have made the difference.

But we need feel proud that we are in situation where in every tournament we beat some high class team.

Mika Hakinen
12-17-2016, 07:46 PM
Not sure that this Turkish team without Bitim is high class:confused::p

Dirtyh
12-17-2016, 07:54 PM
Not sure that this Turkish team without Bitim is high class:confused::p

So you are meaning that Finland is supposed to win these kind of games regularly? Okay, I guess that we earned your appreciation pretty quickly.

thiago94
12-17-2016, 10:24 PM
Run out of fuel at 4th..Overall I'm satisfied by their performance.

This German team has been overrated.They looked average at best.

"Average at best?" Are you serious? We bet you with 15 points including shitty performances of Mushidi and Hartenstein. Was does that mean for your team?
We are definitely under the Top4 teams of that tournament. IMO the second half was pretty good today.

R1ou
12-17-2016, 10:40 PM
"Average at best?" Are you serious? We bet you with 15 points including shitty performances of Mushidi and Hartenstein. Was does that mean for your team?
We are definitely under the Top4 teams of that tournament. IMO the second half was pretty good today.

If you read my comment yesterday,I said the goal for us was not to relegate. In case you saw any real domination by this team against a bunch of guys who in their majority won't be something more than bench warmers in their careers, then European basketball has falled down many levels.Let's just focus on how you'll develop your prospects in case you want to finally dominate on senior level.

And I don't even pay attention to results in this kind of tournaments. They shouldn't even been taken into account, because many people act like the same players will play for the national team.By this logic Turkey should be able to dominate European basketball in a couple of years.Thankfully national teams have players above the age of 20 that also play basketball

BiHBasket
12-18-2016, 01:42 AM
Musa said that Sedekerskis kicked him with purpose, not even a foul was given and actually Lithuanians scored immediately in fast break

https://twitter.com/_manelo/status/810083139427176449

Same players two years ago(1 : 17):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VceGmiO11TA

Modis
12-18-2016, 11:56 AM
Musa said that Sedekerskis kicked him with purpose, not even a foul was given and actually Lithuanians scored immediately in fast break

Of course what else is he gonna say.

Straight forward
12-18-2016, 12:00 PM
It wasn't Sedekerskis. And the dude simply slipped while trying to stay with Musa. Foul should had been called, but that's it.

judasmartel
12-18-2016, 12:05 PM
Scenario time.

Group A
- Croatia and Sweden are out.
- Winner of Spain-Italy tops the group.

Group B

o - GER 2-0
o - FIN 1-1
o - TUR 1-1
o - GRE 0-2

Remaining Games: GER-TUR and FIN-GRE

a) GER, FIN

1 - GER 3-0
2 - FIN 2-1
3 - TUR 1-2
4 - GRE 0-3

b) GER, GRE

GRE by 1-7

1 - GER 3-0
2 - FIN 1-2 (1-1, +5)
3 - GRE 1-2 (1-1, +3)
4 - TUR 1-2 (1-1, -8)

GRE by 8+

1 - GER 3-0
2 - GRE 1-2 (1-1, +4, 1-0)
3 - FIN 1-2 (1-1, +4, 0-1)
4 - TUR 1-2 (1-1, -8)

c) TUR, FIN

TUR by 1-20

1 - GER 2-1 (1-1, +9)
2 - TUR 2-1 (1-1, +8)
3 - FIN 2-1 (1-1, -17)
4 - GRE 0-3

TUR by 21+

1 - TUR 2-1 (1-1, +9)
2 - GER 2-1 (1-1, +8)
3 - FIN 2-1 (1-1, -17)
4 - GRE 0-3

d) TUR, GRE

1 - TUR 2-1 (1-0)
2 - GER 2-1 (0-1)
3 - GRE 1-2 (1-0)
4 - FIN 1-2 (0-1)

Group C

o - BIH 2-0
o - LTU 1-1
o - LAT 1-1
o - ISR 0-2

Remaining Games: ISR-LTU and LAT-BIH

a) ISR, LAT

1 - LAT 2-1 (1-0)
2 - BIH 2-1 (0-1)
3 - ISR 1-2 (1-0)
4 - LTU 1-2 (0-1)

b) ISR, BIH

ISR by 1-6

1 - BIH 3-0
2 - LTU 1-2 (1-1, +6)
3 - ISR 1-2 (1-1, +5)
4 - LAT 1-2 (1-1, -11)

ISR by 7+

1 - BIH 3-0
2 - ISR 1-2 (1-1, +6)
3 - LTU 1-2 (1-1, +5)
4 - LAT 1-2 (1-1, -11)

c) LTU, LAT

LAT by 1-6

1 - BIH 2-1 (1-1, +3, 1-0)
2 - LTU 2-1 (1-1, +3, 0-1)
3 - LAT 2-1 (1-1, -6)
4 - ISR 0-3

LAT by 7-10

1 - LTU 2-1 (1-1, +3)
2 - BIH 2-1 (1-1, -1)
3 - LAT 2-1 (1-1, -2)
4 - ISR 0-3

LAT by 11-15

1 - LTU 2-1 (1-1, +3, 1-0)
2 - LAT 2-1 (1-1, +3, 0-1)
3 - BIH 2-1 (1-1, -6)
4 - ISR 0-3

LAT by 16+

1 - LAT 2-1 (1-1, +4)
2 - LTU 2-1 (1-1, +3)
3 - BIH 2-1 (1-1, -7)
4 - ISR 0-3

d) LTU, BIH

1 - BIH 3-0
2 - LTU 2-1
3 - LAT 1-2
4 - ISR 0-3

Group D

o - FRA 2-0
o - RUS 1-1
o - SRB 1-1
o - SLO 0-2

Remaining Games: SLO-RUS and FRA-SRB

a) SLO, FRA

SLO by 1-17

1 - FRA 3-0
o - RUS 1-2 (1-1, +10)
o - SLO 1-2 (1-1, +9)
o - SRB 1-2 (1-1, -19)

SLO by 18+

1 - FRA 3-0
o - SLO 1-2 (1-1, +10)
o - RUS 1-2 (1-1, +9)
o - SRB 1-2 (1-1, -19)

b) SLO, SRB

1 - SRB 2-1 (1-0)
2 - FRA 2-1 (0-1)
3 - SLO 1-2 (1-0)
4 - RUS 1-2 (0-1)

c) RUS, FRA

1 - FRA 3-0
2 - RUS 2-1
3 - SRB 1-2
4 - SLO 0-3

d) RUS, SRB

SRB by 1-15

1 - RUS 2-1 (1-1, +22)
2 - FRA 2-1 (1-1, -12)
3 - SRB 2-1 (1-1, -10)
4 - SLO 0-3

SRB by 16-49

1 - RUS 2-1 (1-1, +22)
2 - SRB 2-1 (1-1, -11, 1-0)
3 - FRA 2-1 (1-1, -11, 0-1)
4 - SLO 0-3

1 - RUS 2-1 (1-1, +22, 1-0)
2 - SRB 2-1 (1-1, +22, 0-1)
3 - FRA 2-1 (1-1, -44)
4 - SLO 0-3

SRB by 50+

1 - SRB 2-1 (1-1, +23)
2 - RUS 2-1 (1-1, +22)
3 - FRA 2-1 (1-1, -45)
4 - SLO 0-3

remigijus
12-18-2016, 02:47 PM

It was #11 SLAVINSKAS . Musa need to calm down little bit he acts like he is some kinda superstar already .

Modis
12-18-2016, 03:06 PM
It was #11 SLAVINSKAS . Musa need to calm down little bit he acts like he is some kinda superstar already .

Poor Musa.

Mika Hakinen
12-18-2016, 04:45 PM
He is superstar!

Straight forward
12-18-2016, 04:56 PM
He is superstar!

So far he's very disappointing, IMO. Terrible ball handling, 7 TOs per game, not too many effort defensively or involving others (3 assists is ridiculously low for his position and being the soul of the team). Shoots threes only 20% and by efficiency he's 22-24th player. He's one year younger, but still so far disappointing.

BiHBasket
12-18-2016, 08:03 PM
Now I see that Dončić kid is really wise. Musa shouldn't play in this youth tournaments, as a Bosnian fan I hope he will never play in some U18, U19 or U20 national tournament!

Opponent players are playing warlike defence on him, their hands are always holding his jersey, he was slapped in face in many opportunities, he got finger in his eye more than once and I even saw some football tackles out there! Half of that is happening when he doesn't even have a ball in his hands.

And referees just ignore half of those, with normal criteria there would be 30 fouls on him per game, and at least 5 of them would have been unsport!

Meanwhile, referees cant' wait to give a unsport foul to him for every reaction or a foul on the court.

If FIBA doesn't want to protect top prospects in those tournaments, I guess they should not play there.

remigijus
12-18-2016, 08:08 PM
Thanks Latvia ! Lithuania won group! Latvia needed only 2 more points.. Lithuania will face russia , better opponent than france i think

remigijus
12-18-2016, 08:10 PM
Now I see that Dončić kid is really wise. Musa shouldn't play in this youth tournaments, as a Bosnian fan I hope he will never play in some U18, U19 or U20 national tournament!

Opponent players are playing warlike defence on him, their hands are always holding his jersey, he was slapped in face in many opportunities, he got finger in his eye more than once and I even saw some football tackles out there! Half of that is happening when he doesn't even have a ball in his hands.

And referees just ignore half of those, with normal criteria there would be 30 fouls on him per game, and at least 5 of them would have been unsport!

Meanwhile, referees cant' wait to give a unsport foul to him for every reaction or a foul on the court.

If FIBA doesn't want to protect top prospects in those tournaments, I guess they should not play there.

poor superstar .

BiHBasket
12-18-2016, 08:15 PM
poor superstar .

Why do Lithuanian players forget their dancing shoes every time they play against him? With all of those falling on floor, someone could get hurt.

remigijus
12-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Why do Lithuanian players forget their dancing shoes every time they play against him? With all of those falling on floor, someone could get hurt.

When you playing with biggest superstar in the world you sometimes forget. You have to forgive them they never seen such superstar before.

Dreamcatcher
12-19-2016, 12:27 AM

That would be great. He shouldn't also play in senior tournaments so that pathetic acts like against Russia wouldn't happen again.

DelibasicMirza
12-19-2016, 08:12 AM
That would be great. He shouldn't also play in senior tournaments so that pathetic acts like against Russia wouldn't happen again.

Please stop arguing , It s a sport. But I agree that olayers who can get hurt and are big prospects , should not play this tournament .It was bug deal to win at16 and show you talent , but until seniors , it is not that big deal. Sikiras got injured and losing time for this . I would rather him not playing and become healty senior . This Bosnia generation I think all agree can push Bosnia in right track if they all work good.

Levenspiel
12-19-2016, 10:40 AM
I watched the first 3 quarters of Latvia-Bosnia game, and it was a strange flip of dominance in each quarter... at the end of 3rd, it looked like Bosnia had this one in the bag, but as usual, the youth tournaments are weird.

I'm no expert, but Musa's posture is not right. He may have physical issues as his peers grow up, imho.

PS. In absence of Bitim, the medal-contender Turkish team is now playing to stay in Division A, and it's not gonna be easy. Ahmet Duran has completely lost his physical dominance, and it's not helping either.

Levenspiel
12-19-2016, 10:45 AM
What's going on? Political enemies of Turkey in the tournament? Some history with Greece, Germany, and Finland?

That is why sports and politics do not mix.
the political chants I heard was not against Greeks.. that would be stupid, but not surprising.. it was related to internal politics... as a country, we are collectively losing our sanity... I think we've actually lost it.

Straight forward
12-19-2016, 10:59 AM
I disagree that players shouldn't play for youth NT. It's after all a chance to win a title. Valančiūnas for example collected 3 gold medals, 3 MVPs. For any player that would an honour and great memories when your career is over. To play for senior NT and clubs you have plenty of opportunities, but there's only few to play under your age at youth tournaments. Musa is very complicated case, I'm not even sure he'll be a PRO. Character, his back are huge issues.

DelibasicMirza
12-19-2016, 11:22 AM
For your country witch Basketball is first sport and really orginated I agree , but you also must see BiH side of it . We have talent s Well you know that this area always did , but our organisation is not like yours and our teams are often fucked up before seniors or Croatia and Serbia come in and take player s. So you must get what I mean when I say I would rather not play some stars in order to save them and hide them , so BiH can have in 2 3 years good Basketball team . Once your senior achive something then you can make some better work with everything Musa , Sikiras , Atic ,Durmic ,Gegic, Mutic ECT there is two generation in row who had great things done , well for Bosnia and you will agree that can be a decent even good A team in few Years , add Nurkic who is relative young also, you get me I think.

Dreamcatcher
12-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Btw, that Doumbouya kid is averaging 20 pts (leading France in EFF, pts and rebs) and he will be only 16 on the paper in a few days . First time in FIBA event. That's what i don't like in this tournaments - you never know how clean is the age of those kids from Africa. In football and in NBA drafts there were some issues solved with them, but here aren't any big eyes on.

DelibasicMirza
12-19-2016, 12:57 PM
Btw, that Doumbouya kid is averaging 20 pts (leading France in EFF, pts and rebs) and he will be only 16 on the paper in a few days . First time in FIBA event. That's what i don't like in this tournaments - you never know how clean is the age of those kids from Africa. In football and in NBA drafts there were some issues solved with them, but here aren't any big eyes on.

Yea I agree with that , How many Africans have false age in sport proven. And in this kind of tournaments every year count.

raph
12-19-2016, 04:07 PM
He has been raised in France since his early age. But i admit i did check as i was wondering too considering what happened for some prospects developed in Spain and Turkey (mostly) and that i don't like cheaters (who does...).

He seems to be a legit 16yo kid which is legitimely incredible. Incredible does not mean it is not true though. Some teams were he was tested - 'mine' included - checked the papers because they were not believing he was so young.

He is physically (almost) mature, but there are questions marks about his mentality. If he remains humble and keep working, he could become a pretty good player obviously.

BiHBasket
12-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Today in Bosnian media I saw information that basketball association wrote offical complain on how Musa is beaten on court by opponent players in every game and referees keep allowing rugby style "defence" on him and how they are purposely trying to hurt him.

It was also noted that after the game with Lithuania he was so beaten that he had to recive injections against pain before the match vs Latvia so that he can be able to play.

remigijus
12-19-2016, 05:20 PM
Today in Bosnian media I saw information that basketball association wrote offical complain on how Musa is beaten on court by opponent players in every game and referees keep allowing rugby style "defence" on him and how they are purposely trying to hurt him.

It was also noted that after the game with Lithuania he was so beaten that he had to recive injections against pain before the match vs Latvia so that he can be able to play.

Is he alive ?

Dirtyh
12-19-2016, 06:06 PM

So it's not only you but your federation is so ridiculous and childish too?

Man, I hope we meet again. Of course referees are on our side again...

BiHBasket
12-19-2016, 06:10 PM
Is he alive ?

Alive, but will not stay healthy if Balčiunas(on gif) and other Lithuanians keep doing those stuff every time they play against him

http://gifyu.com/images/o8aK1X.gif

remigijus
12-19-2016, 06:14 PM
Alive, but will not stay healthy if Balčiunas(on gif) and other Lithuanians keep doing those stuff every time they play against him

Thank God! I thought we lost him.

BiHBasket
12-19-2016, 06:33 PM

There is a lot of harsh people in the land of Moomins, as it seems

http://gifyu.com/images/Finland_v_Bosnia_Herzegovina_Group_C_Full_Game_201 5_U16_European_Championship_Men.gif

the_black_planet
12-19-2016, 09:07 PM
Yea I agree with that , How many Africans have false age in sport proven. And in this kind of tournaments every year count.

Sorry guys but can you provide me with some examples of African-origin players who were proven to have altered their age and it was fixed finally, because I'm not aware of any...

LuDux
12-19-2016, 10:36 PM

Didn't adults try killing him too?

Levenspiel
12-19-2016, 11:31 PM
For your country witch Basketball is first sport and really orginated I agree , but you also must see BiH side of it . We have talent s Well you know that this area always did , but our organisation is not like yours and our teams are often fucked up before seniors or Croatia and Serbia come in and take player s. So you must get what I mean when I say I would rather not play some stars in order to save them and hide them , so BiH can have in 2 3 years good Basketball team . Once your senior achive something then you can make some better work with everything Musa , Sikiras , Atic ,Durmic ,Gegic, Mutic ECT there is two generation in row who had great things done , well for Bosnia and you will agree that can be a decent even good A team in few Years , add Nurkic who is relative young also, you get me I think.
You explain here the reason for sensitivity towards Musa's case; a potential star, who seems pledged to the Bosnian NT, and may one day change the fate of the Bosnian basketball... so he's a rare specimen that needs to be protected. But I think you should not worry about protecting him within the basketball court... the physicality is part of the game, and it's very unlikely that a youth team basketball coach will instruct his players unsportsmanlike contact/conduct to neutralize an opponent star.

Audiris
12-20-2016, 10:05 AM

What a flopper.

remigijus
12-20-2016, 10:16 AM
What a flopper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6PH0e1qrx0&t=173s

Audiris
12-20-2016, 11:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6PH0e1qrx0&t=173s

That poor kid is so fragile, he should not be playing basketball. Best wrap him up in bubblewrap.

remigijus
12-20-2016, 03:06 PM
fgfdgdf*&^&SDgdf hghdfs rdag 454 poasjfposajeop kj speechless.............. velicka god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tkOXLGkGII&t=0s

BiHBasket
12-20-2016, 03:17 PM
Basketball rules are stupid, you can' make intentional foul on a opposite player in the middle of the game, but it's perfectly fine to do it when you are - 2 three seconds before the end.

And if someone think that finish of the Lithuania game vs Russia is weird, well finish of the game vs Israel was even more weird, Israel had win in their pocket but they intentionally let Lithuanians equalize because they waren't satisfied with the minimum victory, they needed higher difference and hoped to achive that in the overtime. They lost in the end, end if Lithuania lost that game, they wouldn't make it from group stage.

Dreamcatcher
12-20-2016, 03:17 PM
What a bazzer by Velicka! It looks like he's smashing those ones better than the free throws.

remigijus
12-20-2016, 03:21 PM
Basketball rules are stupid, you can' make intentional foul on a opposite player in the middle of the game, but it's perfectly fine to do it when you are - 2 three seconds before the end.

And if someone think that finish of the Lithuania game vs Russia is weird, well finish of the game vs Israel was even more weird, Israel had win in their pocket but they intentionally let Lithuanians equalize because they waren't satisfied with the minimum victory, they needed higher difference and hoped to achive that in the overtime. They lost in the end, end if Lithuania lost that game, they wouldn't make it from group stage.

first it was referees now it is Basketball rules =DD Grown up and stop crying everytime.

BiHBasket
12-20-2016, 03:22 PM
first it was referees now it is Basketball rules =DD Grown up and stop crying everytime.

I'm a neutral observer on this one, Bosnia will play tonight:rolleyes:

the_black_planet
12-20-2016, 06:37 PM

Brother you are always mocking on Musa but also your biggest prospect Sedekerskis, while he has great numbers on points and rebounds, his shot is way off so far, even worse than Musa, and I remember him as a really good shooter! What happened to him??

BTW what do you think of Gecic?? He looks like a really smart player, something like Preldzic maybe?? Hope he can play some better defence than him though!

Modis
12-20-2016, 07:17 PM
Brother you are always mocking on Musa but also your biggest prospect Sedekerskis, while he has great numbers on points and rebounds, his shot is way off so far, even worse than Musa, and I remember him as a really good shooter! What happened to him??

BTW what do you think of Gecic?? He looks like a really smart player, something like Preldzic maybe?? Hope he can play some better defence than him though!

He's being mocked for his unlikeable personality and attidute on the court. Also BiHBasket is blowing things out of proportion here. Musa is only 17 :) and while he's definitely very talented the attention he receives here is still ridiculous.

Yeh Sedekerskis range is quite of in this tournament :confused: shooting not to his potential.

remigijus
12-20-2016, 07:25 PM

You remember wrong Sedekerskis nevar was great outside shooter. It is one of his weakness.

Modis
12-20-2016, 07:31 PM
You remember wrong Sedekerskis nevar was great outside shooter. It is one of his weakness.

He can definitely shoot better like in the last U18.

remigijus
12-20-2016, 07:39 PM
He can definitely shoot better like in the last U18.

His jump shot too mechanic / robotic lacks flow.

carlo
12-20-2016, 07:53 PM
France, Germany, Italy and Lithuania already qualified for 2017 U19 WC. One spot still up for grabs.

BiHBasket
12-21-2016, 02:41 PM

http://www.iasicity.ro/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/grija.jpg

Dirtyh
12-21-2016, 02:47 PM
http://www.iasicity.ro/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/grija.jpg

I was waiting this :D

FTA Finland 5 - BiH 30. 4 minutes to go. I just wonder how good that BiH team could be if referees would treat the fairly...

You've been crying this for 2 year now. Maybe now you can finally relax.

DelibasicMirza
12-21-2016, 04:09 PM
I was waiting this :D

FTA Finland 5 - BiH 30. 4 minutes to go. I just wonder how good that BiH team could be if referees would treat the fairly...

You've been crying this for 2 year now. Maybe now you can finally relax.

But lets be realistic , this is the way you play , and if u get some different refs who tends to let it go more rough or tends to equily give fauls no matter of situation , you have edge. Its why Finland become so much better in recent years , because you play fast and sometimes even Handball defense. No hard feeling's , just observation. I think BiH play smart today

Dreamcatcher
12-21-2016, 05:31 PM
[deleted] Without a help from the bench players who are not good at the moment against such a team. Also it seems Sedekerskis is ill or smth. German team was hitting threes all the game and that didn't bring any decent points. The only one Mushidi was a big problem for us. His performance would be perfect if not a bad schooting from 3pt line (2/12).

Kulboka scored 18 pts in the first half. Velicka hit a crazy buzzee yesterday - today he has been holding the game in the end and did perfect (made some 3pt shots again too).

Lithuania clearly did the best in Europe making the finals in all youth competitions except WC U17 where the semifinal was lost to USA.

thiago94
12-21-2016, 06:56 PM
What the hell is wrong with you? Especially in these days it´s a hilarious bitch move.

Congrats to Lithuania. Way more mature team, which is playing a great team ball. First time at this tournament Kubolka shows his potential. Happy for him especially. Btw, he is playing in Germany [deleted]. And he loves them!

carlo
12-21-2016, 07:33 PM
So, BIH and Spain will battle tomorrow for the last spot to the U19 WC, both have been impressive in today's wins.
This will be the most interesting match besides the gold medal game.

BiHBasket
12-21-2016, 07:40 PM
So, BIH and Spain will battle tomorrow for the last spot to the U19 WC, both have been impressive in today's wins.
This will be the most interesting match besides the gold medal game.

Croatia - Latvia duel for the last place in the division A should be good too

carlo
12-21-2016, 07:59 PM
Croatia - Latvia duel for the last place in the division A should be good too

That's right, quite unusual survival duel for both of these nations!

Levenspiel
12-21-2016, 08:09 PM
I watched the last 3-4 mins of LTU-GER game, and it was Velicka by himself winning/securing the game... I guess you guys got used to it, but it was really impressive.

raph
12-21-2016, 08:49 PM
I watched the last 3-4 mins of LTU-GER game, and it was Velicka by himself winning/securing the game... I guess you guys got used to it, but it was really impressive.

That's right, he displayed a great inside/outside game (even though Sanders was not really the ideal candidate to defend him ^ ^), and his clutchness.

On the other hand, as i watched the game against Russia too (second half and Russian's russian roulette suicide) and that game against Germany, it's crazy to see so much iso plays in this squad. Especially to attack zone defense.
i have no idea what we will prepare for the finale, but quality wise (passing game, off the ball moves, screens etc) i was disappointed by Lithuanians offensively. Their defense and the control on the board prevented them from losing couple of games but i don't know if Velicka isos are the best way to win such games (it worked, right, but probability for it to happen again seems extremely low, especially considering the length of our pg's).

Our frontcourt is weak, if Lith's decide to rely mostly on their backcourt, remain in the perimeter and forget sets for Sedekerskis in the post (and not just him), i don't think we will struggle to pull a win.

BiHBasket
12-21-2016, 10:58 PM
Amar Gegić is best Bosnian player in this tournament. He's also leading tournament in assists(5.6) and TO's at same time(4.6).

His average stats: 12.4 points, 6.6. rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2 steals, 0.8 blocks.

He really shined with his combination of huge size for a PG(6'6''), strong frame, athleticism and passing ability.

On the downside, he is a turnover prone and didn't make any three point shoot in the entire tournament. Not like he tried that much, he's a 0/4 for the entire event, but there is a reason why he isn't even trying. But his free throws are 70.6% in this tournament, that's decent, I remember times when he couldn't even make a free throw.

But anyway, how can you not like 6'6'' PG who is a great passer and also very good defender, and occasionally can make plays like this

http://gifyu.com/images/yOJ8y-.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvQayUBxJQM

Should we call him "The Bosnian Satoransky":p

vaslover
12-22-2016, 07:53 AM
I heard that Real Madrid looking for russian (and certainly armenian) U 18 prospect Agasiy Tonoyan. Chacho, maybe do know is it true or false?

P.s. My sincere congrats to lithuanians. Great achievement for this year. U 16 - silver, U 17 - bronze, U 20 - silver, U 18 - ?.....

carlo
12-22-2016, 12:40 PM
Croatia clearly beaten by Latvia, wishing to come back promptly to Div. A!

pohani komarac
12-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Not surprising. Even my Croatians were hyping this guys just like BiH basket about some deep team, truth is this team has no basketball talent. I said it long time ago when they played Croatian U-16 championship, but somehow in Croatia they expected medal. With Kalajzic would be better, but still nothing special. It's selection of athletic players with no basketball in their blood. I guess after great 94.-97. one team had to be bad. Just bit bad, because 99.-00 mix. had some chances to fight for medal, and they lost chance because bad generation

judasmartel
12-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Congratulations to Spain for making it to the 2017 U19 WC in Egypt! Now the cast for the World Youth Championship is complete!

Tough luck for Bosnia, but what happened to Musa? Did he have a slump due to getting beat up on the court all tournament long? I didn't know young stars in Europe get ganged up so badly it affects their game. I hope he's okay and I like to see BIH as a European powerhouse with him at the helm in the future.

Lithuania and France for the European U18 championship! It's hard to pick a side, I have always liked both teams at the senior level, but I'll go for Lithuania on this one. I know that Lithuanian ballers have a lot of heart, they are fighters who do not back down and do not give up until the bitter end.

Nice performances by Finland, Germany, and Italy; Russia is slowly coming back, Turkey did not make it to Top 8 after winning the 2014 U18 EC, AND Croatia gets relegated to Division B. I believe Croatia will come back to Division A right away. The future of European basketball is bright.

Straight forward
12-22-2016, 06:28 PM
France looks too athletic and they hit their shots. We'll see if Lithuania has reserves of fighting spirit. They really should provide special effort to handle this France team.

LDK
12-22-2016, 06:58 PM
Nice come back for Lithuania. #45 and #2 from France are beasts. I knew #2 before this game, but #45 is 15 yo.

BiHBasket
12-22-2016, 07:22 PM
Amar Gegić after the game vs Spain: "Some of us played for this jersey, and some others played just for their surname(or like their stats)". Lolz, he's callin Musa

VIDEO
http://sportsport.ba/bh_kosarka/neki-igraci-su-se-borili-za-svoja-imena-a-ne-ovaj-dres/218569

Straight forward
12-22-2016, 07:23 PM
Congrats France. Well deserved. Very solid play in the clutch.

carlo
12-22-2016, 07:26 PM
Congrats to France, well deserved title, Ntilikina is MVP imo. Lithuania never gave up and tried everything in 2nd half but not enough. Great outside shooting from Kulboka.
Fine tournament of Italy, that ended on a good note for 3rd place thanks to an excellent Alessandro Lever, Germany below expectations and not at the same AST level from early this year.

raph
12-22-2016, 07:36 PM
Lever deserved to be in the all five tournament (probably the best center despite his lack of size, but basket iq and screen setting are above normal for him).. Germany was overrated without some of its key players. But all teams are missing important pieces.

Great to see a pg that clutch for us, it will make a real change after Parker. If he can improve his offense (floater, better dribble penetration, some postsup with his size..) he can really become one of the greatest french player. At least he is already better than Parker (on both ends...) ^ ^.

carlo
12-22-2016, 07:43 PM
All-tournament:

Moretti (ITA)
Ntilikina (FRA) & MVP
Sedekerskis (LTU)
Hartenstein (GER)
Doumbouya (FRA)

carlo
12-22-2016, 08:33 PM
For the first time since its inception (1979) none of the nations from the former Yugoslavia will be represented at the next U19 WC, this is imo the main outcome from this Euro tournament. Bosnia was the closest to the qualification but had Musa performing under par today.

France and Lithuania will for sure be fine contenders, under today's perspectives, Italy maybe not at the same level but showed to be one of the most consistent teams during this year, duplicating the bronze earned in spring time at the AST in Mannheim. Germany recovered All-tournament Hartenstein (as compared to the brilliant team winner of AST) but had Freudenberg unavailable, however some of the best players (mainly Mushidi) performed somewhat inconsistently.

Good return of Russia, that could have even deserved some better placement. Turkey disappointing but under present circumstances couldn't do much more.

BiHBasket
12-22-2016, 10:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkYwyG-fu5E

Audiris
12-22-2016, 11:37 PM
Amar Gegić after the game vs Spain: "Some of us played for this jersey, and some others played just for their surname(or like their stats)". Lolz, he's callin Musa

VIDEO
http://sportsport.ba/bh_kosarka/neki-igraci-su-se-borili-za-svoja-imena-a-ne-ovaj-dres/218569

Is Musa not liked by his trammates?

I remember a video of when the senior team beat Russia? And no one was celebrating with him.

judasmartel
12-23-2016, 12:13 AM
Is Musa not liked by his trammates?

I remember a video of when the senior team beat Russia? And no one was celebrating with him.

Even Teletovic scolded Musa for flopping in the senior team's game vs Russia. What's actually wrong with Musa these days? From taking the U16 team to the European championship, to leading the U17 World Cup in points (plus a record 50 points vs TPE), to a performance like this and getting hated on by his teammates both youth and senior. This could spell danger for his career if he doesn't shape up. Bosnia could lose a future piece right then and there.