2007 Rp Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Rp Nt

i just saw this in the pba thread... the final 12 players...

1. Jimmy Alapag 5'9 pg
    2. Jay Jay Helterbrand 6'0 pg
    3. Mark Caguiao 6'1 og
    4. Ren Ren Ritualo 6'1 og
    5. Dondon Hontiveros 6'2 og
    6. Rudy Hatfield 6'3 sf
    7. Tony Dela Cruz 6'4 sf
    8. Danny Seigle 6'6 sf
    9. Ranidel De Ocampo 6'5 sf-pf
    10. Kerby Raymundo 6'6 sf-pf
    11. Mick Pennisi 6'9 c
    12. Paul Asi Taulava 6'9 c

Manny Pangilinan, president of Basketball Association of the Philippine-Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas, has given Chot Reyes the green light to form the national team, which will compete in the Southeast Asian Basketball Association (Seaba) championship.

In a press conference Saturday at Grilla Bar in Libis, Quezon City, Reyes, who was with PBA commissioner Noli Eala, announced the selection of players that will form the national.

Reyes announced the inclusion to the national team of Paul Asi Taulava, Ren Ren Ritualo and Jimmy Alapag of Talk N'Text Phone Pals, Jay Jay Helterbrand, Mark Caguiao and Rudy Hatfield of Barangay Ginebra, Dondon Hontiveros and Danny Seigle of San Miguel Beer, Tony Dela Cruz of Alaska, Kerby Raymundo of Purefoods, Ranidel De Ocampo of Air21 and Mick Penissi of Red Bull.

The players will not be playing for their mother teams in the upcoming PBA Fiesta Conference but will instead focus in clinching the Southeast Asian Basketball Association (Seaba) men's tournament.

The Seaba tilt in May is the qualifying event for the FIBA men's championship, which will be held in Japan in August. The FIBA championship, on the other hand, is the 2008 Beijing Olympics qualifying tournament.

Enrico Villanueva of Red Bull, Rommel Adducul of San Miguel and Rafi Reavis of Ginebra will serve as alternates in case there is a need to replace players due to injuries.

"You can see that this is a flexible team. We put premium on outside shooting without necessarily sacrificing our size. Outside of Alapag and Taulava who are legitimate pointguard and center, all the other players can play multiple positions allowing us to adjust to any kind of situation," said Reyes.

Reyes enlisted the help of former Asian Games coaches Jong Uichico, Normal Black and Tim Cone by appointing them as assistant coaches.

Only Taulava, Hatfield and Dela Cruz have played for the national team that campaigned in the Asian Games in Busan, Korea where the Philippines finished at third spot.

The team will start practicing on March 5. The preparation includes a training camp in the United States before coming back on April.

The cage team will likewise play tune-up games with other PBA squads before their Seaba campaign in Bangkok in May.

In case the team won the Seaba tilt, they will play in Australia and Europe in July after which they will play in a PBA invitationals.

The team will fly to Japan before July 25 for the FIBA Asia tournament.

-what can u say guys? i wonder who will be the starting power forward of this team... but its great to see de ocampo and caguioa... can't wait to see how these guys work together... goodluck to us!
    Last edited by jrb0yd; 02-26-2007, 03:20 AM.

Awesome!!!
    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by jrb0yd
      i just saw this in the pba thread... the final 12 players...

1. Jimmy Alapag 5'9 pg
      2. Jay Jay Helterbrand 6'0 pg
      3. Mark Caguiao 6'1 og
      4. Ren Ren Ritualo 6'1 og
      5. Dondon Hontiveros 6'2 og
      6. Rudy Hatfield 6'3 sf
      7. Tony Dela Cruz 6'4 sf
      8. Danny Seigle 6'6 sf
      9. Ranidel De Ocampo 6'6 sf-pf
      10. Kerby Raymundo 6'6 sf-pf
      11. Mick Penissi 6'9 c
      12. Paul Asi Taulava 6'9 c

In case the team won the Seaba tilt, they will play in Australia and Europe in July after which they will play in a PBA invitationals.
      Awesome, hopefully they'll be able to come to the Land Down Under (Australia) ... but damn, that sucks I won't be in Australia rather on the other side of the Pacific Ocean in Uruguay ... with the beautiful senoritas de Sudamerica
      "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
      -El Padrino

Comment

guys, just my two cents. Coach Chot knows better than us, so why bother?
        consider this guys, he consulted all his assistant coaches such as Norman Black, Tim Cone, Jong Uichico in finalizing the line-up, so for me, I think this line-up is well-thought off. I believe..
        I'm Living Life in the Fastlane

Comment

nothing personal guys but ur team is kind of short

Comment

Not so tall line-up, but very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by karim
              nothing personal guys but ur team is kind of short
              yeah we too were surprised with our lineup... but this team minus the smallest (alapag) and the biggest (taulava) can play different positions... we are loaded with forwards that are good in pressing defense and that can run...

Comment

RP quintet to cost P70 million
                Wedding plans may leave Hatfield out of squad
                By Musong R. Castillo
                Inquirer 02/28/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- Here’s how much it will cost to train the national team straight up to the FIBA-Asia Olympic qualifier in August: P70 million.

That includes, among others, salaries, perks and bonuses, training expenses and plane tickets the team needs to book to compete in the international scene.

Indeed, there will be no discounts as the Philippine Basketball Association prepares the team for a possible shot at the Olympics.

There may be no Rudy Hatfield, too.

“It will not be a small amount,” PBA commissioner Noli Eala said of the possible budget, which will be shouldered by the PBA teams.

Computed at an average of P350,000 a month for each player’s basic pay, which is the league maximum, the teams which lent their players to the RP squad will be forking out at least a combined P29.4 million for talents they won’t even be using.

And the proposed budget for training that is up for approval has been pegged at P40 million, up until the end of the FIBA-Asia in Tokoshima, Japan, in the first week of August alone.

Hatfield, though, may miss that Olympic-qualifying event.

The 6-foot-3 workhorse has told the team that the FIBA-Asia tournament runs smack into his wedding plans, which were already finalized as early as last year when the Barangay Ginebra star was filling his days away from basketball by honing a new skill in a professional wrestling school.

Hatfield spent time away from the league because of citizenship problems that forced him to return to the United States.

Possible replacement

Should Hatfield choose to push through with the wedding as scheduled, Chot Reyes will have to name his replacement from among the alternates on the roster -- Rafi Reavis, Rommel Adducul or Enrico Villanueva.

Eala did not go into details as to how the budget will be divvied up, but the Philippine Daily Inquirer learned Tuesday about “certain bonus and incentive schemes” which the league had drawn up for each member of the 12-man squad.

The regular team is made up of Asi Taulava, Ren-Ren Ritualo, Jimmy Alapag, Tony dela Cruz, Mick Pennisi, Kerby Raymundo, Dondon Hontiveros, Danny Seigle, Ranidel de Ocampo, Jay-Jay Helterbrand, Mark Caguioa and whoever replaces Hatfield.

Team’s big sacrifice

Under the scheme, each player shall receive his salary from his respective mother clubs, quite a sacrifice to the teams considering that the players will be pulled out for the Fiesta Conference and will dedicate themselves solely to national cause.

Part of it also calls for the players in the Philippine team to also receive their won-game bonuses from their mother teams who win the Fiesta Conference even if they don’t play.

The RP team’s budget committee is made up of Eala, Red Bull team manager Tony Chua, San Miguel Corp. executive Robert Non and PBA board chair Ricky Vargas of Smart/PLDT.

Expected approval

They are expected to approve the budget without a hitch since this was also applied during the 2002 Busan Asian Games, where the last all-pro, all-star team was sent under coach Jong Uichico.

The new RP Team will go to the United States for a two-week training camp in April before heading to Australia to play in an invitational tournament and then to the Southeast Asian Basketball Association championship.

After the Seaba, a European tour has been scheduled before a stint in the Qatar Invitational in late June. The preparations will wind up with a tournament in Manila before the team flies to Japan about a week before the FIBA-Asia scheduled July 28-Aug. 5.

Hatfield may be out of the squad....Reavis would be the better replacement...

Comment

yep... compared to the other choices... reavis should be the best choice...

kelly williams won't be a bad option either (wishful thinking)
                  Jarinx Basketball @BuzzerBeater.com
                  http://www.buzzerbeater.com/team/107143/overview.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Saskibaloia
                    Awesome, hopefully they'll be able to come to the Land Down Under (Australia) ... but damn, that sucks I won't be in Australia rather on the other side of the Pacific Ocean in Uruguay ... with the beautiful senoritas de Sudamerica
                    offtopic:

you had it good Saski!!!! I rather be with the Señoritas of Sudamerica than watch sweaty full grown men in skimpy attires bang bodies with other sweatier full grown men in skimpier attires....hehehehehe but that's just me
                    <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

if this guy is a 6'3'' power forward as u say(harfield) than u guys really saved aot of embarassment and should be taller now :P no affense guys but i have never heard of a power forward being 6'3'' ....we have a very short guy in our lebanon NT whos 6'5''(tawbeh) but he has very tall arms and jumps very high so he plays more than his height but also doesnt play at all in important games ...but 6'3'' is really new to me , thats a point guard height

Comment

if this guy is a 6'3'' power forward as u say(harfield) than u guys really saved aot of embarassment and should be taller now :P no affense guys but i have never heard of a power forward being 6'3'' ....we have a very short guy in our lebanon NT whos 6'5''(tawbeh) but he has very tall arms and jumps very high so he plays more than his height but also doesnt play at all in important games ...but 6'3'' is really new to me , thats a point guard height

As they always say in the streetball court, "it's not how big you are, it's how big you play" thus "never underestimate the heart of a champion"
                        -El Padrino

Comment

hatfield is a natural small forward not really a power forward... but yeah even at small forward he's small, but the most important thing about this player is the way he delivers...mind u in the pba semis, he was actually guarding 6'9 asi taulava...
                          Last edited by jrb0yd; 02-28-2007, 05:15 PM.

Comment

hatfield is a natural small forward not really a power forward... but yeah even at small forward he's small, but the most important thing about this player is the way he delivers...mind u in the pba semis, he was actually guarding 6'9 asi taulava...
                            hatfield was a member of 2002 RP team... and frankly i think he did not serve his purpose... so did the other players that were chosen...

anyways the RP team of chot reyes has its purpose... even though the front line is small, there is always the double triple team... they'll press and pressure the ball for sure... and go for run and gun w/ the quick guards... And yes the team is loaded w/ shooters! Let see where this team will end up after the Asia Basket...

Goodluck to RP TEAM! Finally!
                            You've got to have it to win it

Comment

he was actually guarding 6'9 asi taulava...
                              Anyone who's 6'3" and guarding that 6'9" 275lbs mamouth has got balls ... but mind you my main man Peek is also 6'3" and guards the mamouth but of course my main man Peek is also weighing in at a hefty 250lbs and tanked up with muscle
                              -El Padrino

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information