PDA

View Full Version : [FINAL] China - Philippines

judasmartel
10-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Battle between the old kings of Asian basketball, China and the Philippines.

Only one team will be crowned kings of Asian basketball and make it outright to the Rio Olympics.

Mindozas
10-02-2015, 04:11 PM
With all the respect to China and even tho I rate them as small favorites, I hope Philippines will take the title and ticket to Rio home. Go, Gilas!!! 8187

judasmartel
10-02-2015, 04:17 PM
With all the respect to China and even tho I rate them as small favorites, I hope Philippines will take the title and ticket to Rio home. Go, Gilas!!! 8187

Why? We will have a hard time with China's length and speed, plus they have home court.

Do you really think we can outrun them and stop them from hitting their shots?

Mindozas
10-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Why? We will have a hard time with China's length and speed, plus they have home court.

Do you really think we can outrun them and stop them from hitting their shots?

Heh, I wrote that China is small favorite, not Philippines :) The reasons why you basically wrote on your own

judasmartel
10-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Heh, I wrote that China is small favorite, not Philippines :) The reasons why you basically wrote on your own

I see then. Anyone knows who is favored by the books atm?

eshmawi
10-02-2015, 04:28 PM
The two most successful nations in history of asian basketball square off against each other in the final, the dream final.
20 Asian titles between them out of 27 ( 15 China, 5 Philippines)

Go Philippines!

budz17
10-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Gilas is the underdog here but I believe the players will give it their best shot.

Nerraw0384
10-02-2015, 05:01 PM
I believe! #LabanPilipinas

ctongco
10-02-2015, 07:03 PM
Gilas by 8 or more

crush
10-02-2015, 08:11 PM
I obviously want Gilas to win. But Good luck to both teams.

I'm guessing I won't be able get tickets for this games. Chinese fans will have access to the tickets.

judasmartel
10-02-2015, 08:19 PM

I'm guessing I won't be able get tickets for this games. Chinese fans will have access to the tickets.

Well, Coach Tab has to say something about that:

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/gilas-coach-tab-baldwin-not-fazed-by-fake-chinese-fans-home-court-advantage-let-them-play-in-front-real-philippine-fans

mojo13
10-02-2015, 09:04 PM
As much as I prefer the Philippines as a country, culture and people - I tend to cheer for the teams that do not need to make such liberal use of imports, naturalization, grandchildren etc. China is the more "pure" national team, and I respect them for that - Andre Blatche makes a mockery of Filipino basketball from my perspective. It shouldn't be needed, especially from a country with a strong basketball tradition. It is within the rules, but it just diminishes the reputation of the country's basketball.

StrawHeart
10-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Go Philippines! Beat China!

TrueBluePinoy
10-02-2015, 10:50 PM
As much as I prefer the Philippines as a country, culture and people - I tend to cheer for the teams that do not need to make such liberal use of imports, naturalization, grandchildren etc. China is the more "pure" national team, and I respect them for that - Andre Blatche makes a mockery of Filipino basketball from my perspective. It shouldn't be needed, especially from a country with a strong basketball tradition. It is within the rules, but it just diminishes the reputation of the country's basketball.

And this is coming from someone whose national team is not composed of Inuit.

Mr.Shy
10-02-2015, 11:49 PM
It will be so fun watching Zhou Qi challenge his team mate Andray. Although It will be a very physical game, I don't what to seen any of the players to get injured. Wish them a great new season.

kerouac82
10-02-2015, 11:55 PM

How many First Nations players are in your lineup? Coming from someone who's a citizen of a country that has a reputation for accepting migrants, Filipinos included, your fetish for "purity" is a bit alarming.

dxjayrock2008
10-03-2015, 12:02 AM
Go for Gold, Gilas Pilipinas! Road To Rio 2016!

Mr.Shy
10-03-2015, 12:03 AM
Well, it is true that some tickets are reserved for the sponsors, but most fans know the game quite well (believe me, they just don't have chances to see a live game, as the city of Changsha has no team in CBA, the local basketball fans may feel nervous in the stadium) . A recent survey shows that basketball is now the most popular sport in China, especially for the young. Anyway, I have to show my respect to the Philippines fans, they are probably the best fans in Asia .

apiSigbinz
10-03-2015, 12:11 AM

this kind of backward thinking is the root of racism, war and conflicts... we are now in globalization era, they choose to represent Philippines get over it!

heck what is pure Filipinos? how about Canada? or even the US, are they all pure? you are being funny my friend!

guess what, you wouldn't be all complaining here if Phililippines didn't reach the finals! that's the truth..

having said that, i hope we beat the shyt out China today! its hard, but we'll try!!

Mr.Shy
10-03-2015, 12:12 AM

It is also difficult for them to access a ticket. Scalpers made tons of cash out of this. For one ticket of 100 dollar now you have to pay more than 400 (some times bidding with other buyers!) Is that also common in your country? We definitely need a way to stop them...

the_arkangel
10-03-2015, 12:16 AM

Too bad for US that they did that for Ewing, Duncan, and Olajuwon. Add to that that it should be the Native Americans (Indians) who should be playing for the US and not by European immigrants and African slaves ancestry. Too bad also for Canada whose citizens shared similarity with the US. Yes, it should be the Native Americans who should be playing for US and Canada. That is a "pure" national team.

Mr.Shy
10-03-2015, 12:35 AM
this kind of backward thinking is the root of racism, war and conflicts... we are now in globalization era, they choose to represent Philippines get over it!

heck what is pure Filipinos? how about Canada? or even the US, are they all pure? you are being funny my friend!

guess what, you wouldn't be all complaining here if Phililippines didn't reach the finals! that's the truth..

having said that, i hope we beat the shyt out China today! its hard, but we'll try!!

My friend, you are right about the globalization, but Andray... Mmm, I don't know if he is a real immigrant. Did he tried to adapt himself to the local culture and to be a proud Filippino? Maybe I am parochialism person on this or maybe I jut don't know the whole story of this. But I have to say if you team keep doing this it may hurt the young local players and people getting more depending on player like Andray. Maybe I am wrong, but I definitely want to see Asia doing better in this beautiful game. Apologize for my language, English is not my mother tongue, I hope you can understand my words. Any way, leave the battlefield to the ballers.

athangonzales
10-03-2015, 01:12 AM
Let's go Philippines!

sinobball
10-03-2015, 01:20 AM

Speaking of racism, Andray Blatche can't even play in the Filipino PBA as a local player. At least the Afro-Qataris all play in Qatar's national league as locals.

No Filipino media followed Blatche in the CBA. It's obvious he's only considered a fellow countryman when he dons a Gilas jersey. No point in sugarcoating this fact.

Of course, at the end of the day, none of this matters. Ball don't lie.

judasmartel
10-03-2015, 01:26 AM
It is also difficult for them to access a ticket. Scalpers made tons of cash out of this. For one ticket of 100 dollar now you have to pay more than 400 (some times bidding with other buyers!) Is that also common in your country? We definitely need a way to stop them...

Not only in our country, sir. Practically any sporting event in the world has the scalping problems.

As for the naturalized player issue, well, everyone's doing it, even the powerhouse teams are doing it.

Team USA had Rolando Blackman of Panama and Hakeem Olajuwon of Nigeria before. Spain has Serge Ibaka of Congo and Nikola Mirotic of Montenegro. There are a lot of black guys in the French and Canadian teams, Croatia have naturalized PG's, Germany has Gabonese-German Dennis Schroder, the list goes on.

Basically, basketball NTs naturalize players to meet needs.

Obviously, most Asian teams lack size, so they naturalize bigmen. I don't know exactly why some Asian teams, like Korea and the Middle East teams get a naturalized SF instead of the usual C's, but I understand why teams like Kazakhstan and Qatar naturalize PG's.

Speaking of naturalized PG's, some EU teams need someone who can bring up the ball and distribute it better, though Spain takes the naturalized bigman route. Although it's getting rarer now, naturalized PG's have their niches to fill in the years to come.

It's amazing how China kept refusing to naturalize PG's to offset their traditional weakness of guard play, mostly out of national pride, and now with Guo Ailun and Zhao Jiwei they no longer even need to naturalize players anymore.

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 01:27 AM

yes it is the same here specially in college basketball

StrawHeart
10-03-2015, 01:56 AM
Speaking of racism, Andray Blatche can't even play in the Filipino PBA as a local player. At least the Afro-Qataris all play in Qatar's national league as locals.

No Filipino media followed Blatche in the CBA. It's obvious he's only considered a fellow countryman when he dons a Gilas jersey. No point in sugarcoating this fact.

Believe me. Most Filipino fans want naturalized players and even foreign college students who are playing here for years to play in the PBA. We see that as an opportunity to level-up our games because local players, especially our local big men, will play with quality players in a regular basis. However, there are so much politics in the PBA right now. And it is destroying the league and Philippine basketball as a whole. But what can we fans do about it? We can only boycott the games and not support the products endorsed by some PBA teams. But the change will really have to come from people with power.

jasper222
10-03-2015, 03:04 AM

No, what you have to realize that Blatche is not Manny Pacquiao.

Our media doesn't follow Kobe Paras and Jordan Clarkson all the time as well, are you going to tell them they're not Filipinos too, especially Paras?

And playing as a local player is not a problem, it worked for Moala Tautuaa. The problem is corruption as well as the fact that Blatche would never want to play here because the CBA offers larger salaries.

We would LOVE to have former NBA players playing in the PBA.

apiSigbinz
10-03-2015, 03:10 AM
My friend, you are right about the globalization, but Andray... Mmm, I don't know if he is a real immigrant. Did he tried to adapt himself to the local culture and to be a proud Filippino? Maybe I am parochialism person on this or maybe I jut don't know the whole story of this. But I have to say if you team keep doing this it may hurt the young local players and people getting more depending on player like Andray. Maybe I am wrong, but I definitely want to see Asia doing better in this beautiful game. Apologize for my language, English is not my mother tongue, I hope you can understand my words. Any way, leave the battlefield to the ballers.

Blatche is a naturalized center, it is allowed under FIBA rules. The rule was made by careful studying of Fiba officials. So it must be for the development of basketball.

As ive said, these comments wouldn't be here if Gilas didn't get to the finals.

I'm sure if Naturalzation isn't doing any good Fiba will abolish that rule.

apiSigbinz
10-03-2015, 03:22 AM

Blatche can't play as local in the PBA because the charter of PBA was made many years ago. They cannot just change it with a blink of an eye. If they change it, there must be a good reason and it must be for the benefit of all team clubs. I know the reason why, its economics and it has nothing to do with racism believe me.

All you've said has nothing to do with globalization, racism and the likes. It is all economics.

Blache is not the only Filipino working for other teams in Asia. Many coaches and even some players are with other team in south east asia. But they don't get extensve coverage with our media. Beacause few would care.

If you want to disallow naturalization, you should complain to FIBA. They seems to favor you most of the time anyway. Might as well add other rules like only China can hold FIBA games every other edition. And all officials should favor your team. That way, you can guarantee that you will always win the championship! Lol!!!

judasmartel
10-03-2015, 03:52 AM
Blatche can't play as local in the PBA because the charter of PBA was made many years ago. They cannot just change it with a blink of an eye. If they change it, there must be a good reason and it must be for the benefit of all team clubs. I know the reason why, its economics and it has nothing to do with racism believe me.

All you've said has nothing to do with globalization, racism and the likes. It is all economics.

Blache is not the only Filipino working for other teams in Asia. Many coaches and even some players are with other team in south east asia. But they don't get extensve coverage with our media. Beacause few would care.

If you want to disallow naturalization, you should complain to FIBA. They seems to favor you most of the time anyway. Might as well add other rules like only China can hold FIBA games every other edition. And all officials should favor your team. That way, you can guarantee that you will always win the championship! Lol!!!

Woah, calm down. You do NOT want them to go BEAST MODE on us later, right?

JGX
10-03-2015, 03:58 AM
Too bad for US that they did that for Ewing, Duncan, and Olajuwon.

Not even remotely similar.

Hiring a naturalized player who's never even played in the country is (unfortunately) common in international basketball nowadays though, so I can't single out the Philippines in that regard. It would be nice to see them get back to the Olympics.

budz17
10-03-2015, 04:21 AM
if you have a problem with naturalization, take it to FIBA, they're the ones deciding on it.

even with andray, china is the heavy favorite in this game. we have andray who is 6'10" after that we have taulava who is 6'8" and 42 years old, thoss who is 6'7" then a couple of 6'4" in the frontline, whereas china has four 7 footers not to mention the forwards and wingmen who are also tall.

may the better team win.

judasmartel
10-03-2015, 04:24 AM
if you have a problem with naturalization, take it to FIBA, they're the ones deciding on it.

even with andray, china is the heavy favorite in this game. we have andray who is 6'10" after that we have taulava who is 6'8" and 42 years old, thoss who is 6'7" then a couple of 6'4" in the frontline, whereas china has four 7 footers not to mention the forwards and wingmen who are also tall.

may the better team win.

Plus it seems FIBA is favoring them lately anyways. Asia is where the money is, indeed.

ctongco
10-03-2015, 04:37 AM

I think this is happens a lot in many countries.

ctongco
10-03-2015, 04:49 AM

It's better than depending on players or resources that are "unavailable". For what it's worth, Andray has made real effort to embrace his new heritage. There's a lot things that need to be fixed in Philippine basketball. For now, I'm just enjoying that we're able to field competitive teams.

Any of you guys watching the final onsite? :)

apiSigbinz
10-03-2015, 04:55 AM
Woah, calm down. You do NOT want them to go BEAST MODE on us later, right?

its all good, im calm.. they can do beast mode all they want, they won't be able to duplicate our The Beast!!

reamily
10-03-2015, 05:00 AM
Game played in the court not in an online fora

judasmartel
10-03-2015, 05:06 AM
Game played in the court not in an online fora

Correct. #BeastModeGilas #LabanPilipinas

OSHAFA
10-03-2015, 06:53 AM
Good Luck Team Pilipinas
You can do it today

emalBlame
10-03-2015, 08:17 AM
Good Luck Team Pilipinas
You can do it today

Thanks for your encouraging words Oshafa

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Not only in our country, sir. Practically any sporting event in the world has the scalping problems.

As for the naturalized player issue, well, everyone's doing it, even the powerhouse teams are doing it.

Team USA had Rolando Blackman of Panama and Hakeem Olajuwon of Nigeria before. Spain has Serge Ibaka of Congo and Nikola Mirotic of Montenegro. There are a lot of black guys in the French and Canadian teams, Croatia have naturalized PG's, Germany has Gabonese-German Dennis Schroder, the list goes on.

Obviously, most Asian teams lack size, so they naturalize bigmen. I don't know exactly why some Asian teams, like Korea and the Middle East teams get a naturalized SF instead of the usual C's, but I understand why teams like Kazakhstan and Qatar naturalize PG's.

Speaking of naturalized PG's, some EU teams need someone who can bring up the ball and distribute it better, though Spain takes the naturalized bigman route. Although it's getting rarer now, naturalized PG's have their niches to fill in the years to come.

It's amazing how China kept refusing to naturalize PG's to offset their traditional weakness of guard play, mostly out of national pride, and now with Guo Ailun and Zhao Jiwei they no longer even need to naturalize players anymore.
The us team's got MJ, Barkley, Magic etc. Spain's got the gasol brothers and plenty of decent guard, france's got Toni Parker, Batum and Noah, none of these teams rely on their naturalized players to win games
speaking of the Filipino team, without Blatche, they wouldnt even make it into the quarter finals

ctongco
10-03-2015, 09:56 AM
Why is naturalization suddenly being viewed as giving Gilas an unfair advantage? This is allowed by FIBA and this isn't the first time teams have fielded naturalized players.

Zhang
10-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Why is naturalization suddenly being viewed as giving Gilas an unfair advantage? This is allowed by FIBA and this isn't the first time teams have fielded naturalized players.

it depends on how you used the naturalization. imagine philippines is very weak in past decades when they were without naturalized player, now you insert a naturalized player who is above asia level, suddenly become gold contender.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Too bad for US that they did that for Ewing, Duncan, and Olajuwon. Add to that that it should be the Native Americans (Indians) who should be playing for the US and not by European immigrants and African slaves ancestry. Too bad also for Canada whose citizens shared similarity with the US. Yes, it should be the Native Americans who should be playing for US and Canada. That is a "pure" national team.

The US team doesnt need Ewing, Ducan or Olajuwon to help them win games, they got plenty of other guys who can get it done
Also, according to your theory, only pure Filipino guy should play in the Filipino National team, not those Spanish Filipinos.
Probably you guys would have 6'5'' guys playing center.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 10:07 AM

An African American guy playing ASIAN game, lmfao

ctongco
10-03-2015, 10:12 AM
it depends on how you used the naturalization. imagine philippines is very weak in past decades when they were without naturalized player, now you insert a naturalized player who is above asia level, suddenly become gold contender.

The Philippines was already competitive since the the 80's. The only country we kept losing to was China. Then at Korea started beating us... then our old federation sent scrubs to tournaments... Then comes in this new federation and starts sending respectable and competitive teams. So can you still say only Blatche is making us a gold contender? Even if it was, what's wrong with it? No one was complaining when Lebanon, Jordan and other countries did it.

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 10:20 AM
All nations are doing it. Lebanon, Jordan, Qatar, Taipei ... so philippines are not alone in the process.

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 10:21 AM

i don't know why you brought this now it seems for you only the philippines is using the naturalized player ;) and also saying the philippines is very weak in past decade is wrong i think you said that because before we only send our best players in asian games not in fiba asia (formerly known as ABC)

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 10:28 AM
The Philippines was already competitive since the the 80's. The only country we kept losing to was China. Then at Korea started beating us... then our old federation sent scrubs to tournaments... Then comes in this new federation and starts sending respectable and competitive teams. So can you still say only Blatche is making us a gold contender? Even if it was, what's wrong with it? No one was complaining when Lebanon, Jordan and other countries did it.

Khatib and Abbass are both great players, I can't really name any filipino guy tho

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 10:32 AM
Khatib and Abbass are both great players, I can't really name any filipino guy tho

Jayson Castro William

Zhang
10-03-2015, 10:35 AM

i think you were competitive before 80's, after that, when china start participating in international stage, you look very weak in china's perspective. every time when we face you the result is a blow-out. with the help of naturalization, you become a different team.

Softtouch
10-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Dont feed the trolls :D chinese fans probably still bitter after the ass whooping from chinese taipei in the 2013 edition and yes they have an american center like the philippines:cool:

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Dont feed the trolls :D chinese fans probably still bitter after the ass whooping from chinese taipei in the 2013 edition and yes they have an american center like the philippines:cool:

yeah they beat by the team that they consider as a province of china;)

ctongco
10-03-2015, 10:43 AM
i think you were competitive before 80's, after that, when china start participating in international stage, you look very weak in china's perspective. every time when we face you the result is a blow-out. with the help of naturalization, you become a different team.

You just repeated what I said. We were very competitive, only having problems with China. In 1998, even Chinese NT players admitted that Filipinos were had about the same talent and skill as China (only shorter in height).

The only time we sent a competitive team and got blown-out was 2002 Asian Games.

Anyway, game should start in about 2 hours. Let's hope it will be a good game.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Jayson Castro William

He's mixed, not pure Filipino
According to wiki, this guy was averaging 9 points in PBA, can't really consider him as a great player

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 10:54 AM
so how about this one?

Manny V. Pangilinan ‏@iamMVP 6m6 minutes ago
Now it has begun. Our Gilas electric bus delayed. Failed to charge daw. Gilas arrival at stadium delayed. Less time for warm up.

Manny V. Pangilinan ‏@iamMVP 2m2 minutes ago
And some of our coaches no tickets!!!!! Wow.

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 10:55 AM
He's mixed, not pure Filipino
According to wiki, this guy was averaging 9 points in PBA, can't really consider him as a great player

lolz what do you mean by mix? he's born here in the philippines yeah 9pts per game in the PBA but he's great in FIBA asia and best PG in 2013 FIBA Asia ;)

Zhang
10-03-2015, 10:58 AM
yeah they beat by the team that they consider as a province of china;)

lol, no, they were not a province of china, they were independent, same with hong kong and macau, they were also not a part of china. but spratly islands is ours, try to save your lands, man. lol

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:00 AM
I hope all this talk of naturalization is'nt an early excuse when Gilas beats china later on:p

if china does not want to naturalize, that's their choice, they have no right to dictate to others on what they can do as long as it is within the rules.

what's china fans upset about, their team is loaded with four 7 footers and they're playing at home, against a team with one player above 6'10", a back up center who is 42 years old, a shooter who is 38 years old, and a lot of small guys.

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:01 AM
so how about this one?

Manny V. Pangilinan ‏@iamMVP 6m6 minutes ago
Now it has begun. Our Gilas electric bus delayed. Failed to charge daw. Gilas arrival at stadium delayed. Less time for warm up.

Manny V. Pangilinan ‏@iamMVP 2m2 minutes ago

of course its okay to do this to your opponent, as long as your national team is pure

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:01 AM
lolz what do you mean by mix? he's born here in the philippines yeah 9pts per game in the PBA but he's great in FIBA asia and best PG in Asia in FIBA Asia ;)

He doesn't look Asian.
And how was he the best pg? That korean dude was pulling crazy stats

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 11:03 AM
He doesn't look Asian.
And how was he the best pg? That korean dude was pulling crazy stats

so your not watching fiba asia 2013 because you team is lost to chinese taipei in QF ;)

Softtouch
10-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Dont worry man I still think china will win its just that this naturalization case being brought up is just improper at this time of the tourney...the reason for this being brought up i think is so that when china will lose later they can blame the naturalization and when they win they will brag about winning against a team with a naturalized player so win win for the chinese haha:cool:

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 11:05 AM
of course its okay to do this to your opponent, as long as your national team is pure

yeah we expect this to happen Lutong Macau;)

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:06 AM
I hope all this talk of naturalization is'nt an early excuse when Gilas beats china later on:p

if china does not want to naturalize, that's their choice, they have no right to dictate to others on what they can do as long as it is within the rules.

what's china fans upset about, their team is loaded with four 7 footers and they're playing at home, against a team with one player above 6'10", a back up center who is 42 years old, a shooter who is 38 years old, and a lot of small guys.

Andray Blatche is 6'11'', Charles Barkley is 6'6'', and Barkley is a way better player
Having a height advantage doesn't possibily mean that the player is better, being smaller would have the advantage speed wise
Plus, it's not our fault that your country cannot have a decent squad and have to rely on old guys. Stop whining.

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Dont worry man I still think china will win its just that this naturalization case being brought up is just improper at this time of the tourney...the reason for this being brought up i think is so that when china will lose later they can blame the naturalization and when they win they will brag about winning against a team with a naturalized player so win win for the chinese haha:cool:

that's what i thought too hahaha:p

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:09 AM
so your not watching fiba asia 2013 because you team is lost to chinese taipei in QF ;)

How does Chinese Taipei relate to the Filipino team? What I know is that you guys got swept every single time while facing the Chinese team

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:10 AM
Andray Blatche is 6'11'', Charles Barkley is 6'6'', and Barkley is a way better player
Having a height advantage doesn't possibily mean that the player is better, being smaller would have the advantage speed wise
Plus, it's not our fault that your country cannot have a decent squad and have to rely on old guys. Stop whining.

lol whose whining? you're the one complaining about naturalization. yeah, height does not matter, wonder why your federation put a lot of height in your team, maybe because its important? tell you what, why if yi jian liang won't play, we won't play andray, fair? you still have 3 7 footers right and we have a 42 year old back up center.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:13 AM
lol whose whining? you're the one complaining about naturalization. yeah, height does not matter, wonder why your federation put a lot of height in your team, maybe because its important? tell you what, why if yi jian liang won't play, we won't play andray, fair? you still have 3 7 footers right and we have a 42 year old back up center.

It's not our fault that you guys don't put big men on your squad. I'm pretty sure that are several other centers that are younger than this 42 year-old guy, but somehow your coach didn't let em in

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 11:14 AM
How does Chinese Taipei relate to the Filipino team? What I know is that you guys got swept every single time while facing the Chinese team

the point is chinese taipei beat you with a naturalized player and you don't even brag that they beat you with a foreign import ;)

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Even this 42 year-old guy was better than those younger Filipino centers. The only reason that u guys don't put tall players in is that they are not skilled enough. We've got big men like Yi and Zhou who can knock down a 15 footer. They're not only tall, but also skilled

athangonzales
10-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Manny V. Pangilinan ‏@iamMVP 31m31 minutes ago

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:18 AM
the point is chinese taipei beat you with a naturalized player and you don't even brag that they beat you with a foreign import ;)

I haven't seen any guy who's from Chinese Taipei in this forum, this forum is basically filled with Filipinos

athangonzales
10-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Manny V. Pangilinan ‏@iamMVP 28m28 minutes ago

Lebron James

China has produced several NBA players, Philippine has none.

budz17
It's not our fault that you guys don't put big men on your squad. I'm pretty sure that are several other centers that are younger than this 42 year-old guy, but somehow your coach didn't let em in

that's not the point, you said height is not everything in basketball, so I just proposed that yi and andray don't play, you still have big advantage in height. you don't like your chances without yi?

in all probability china wins this game, but Gilas will make them bleed for it.

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 11:20 AM

well what can we expect;)

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:20 AM
that's not the point, you said height is not everything in basketball, so I just proposed that yi and andray don't play, you still have big advantage in height. you don't like your chances without yi?

in all probability china wins this game, but Gilas will make them bleed for it.

China without Yi would easily beat Philippine without Blatche, I don't see any decent players other than Blatche in the Filipino team

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:22 AM
China has produced several NBA players, Philippine has none.

yes china produced NBA players and they still lost to chinese taipei in Manila in 2013. how many active NBA players in your squad this year?

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:23 AM
China without Yi would easily beat Philippine without Blatche, I don't see any decent players other than Blatche in the Filipino team

you would be surprised. china without its 7 footers would lose to japan.

k-j
Some advise for the Chinese friends:
1. It doesn't makes any sense to complain somebody who got a naturalize player in the team, because that's from the FIBA rule. If you saying too much, it looks like you just jealous and scare they have Andray Blatche.
2. Don't trying to despise your opponent before the game, you never know what will happen next.
3. The best way to gain the respect should be on the court, you just need to pray China can do it tonight.

black_thorne2001
yes china produced NBA players and they still lost to chinese taipei in Manila in 2013. how many active NBA players in your squad this year?

the answer is none;)

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:25 AM

Yi got offered by the lakers but refused to go http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-l-a-tried-to-lure-yi-jianlian-back-to-nba/2015/08/18/
Zhou Qi is considered as a mid-first round pick in the 2016 draft http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:25 AM
1. It doesn't makes any sense to complain somebody who got a naturalize player in the team, because that's from the FIBA rule. If you saying too much, it looks like you just jealous and scare they have Andray Blatche.
2. Don't trying to despise your opponent before the game, you never know what will happen next.
3. The best way to gain the respect should be on the court, you just need to pray China can do it tonight.

well said.

meanwhile japan and iran in a dogfight, 52-51 in fourth quarter iran by 1 point

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Yi got offered by the lakers but refused to go http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-l-a-tried-to-lure-yi-jianlian-back-to-nba/2015/08/18/
Zhou Qi is considered as a mid-first round pick in the 2016 draft http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

you should have no problem with Gilas then, Blatche is overweight and his back up is 42 years old.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:26 AM
the answer is none;)

China has none for now, and the Phillippines have none in their entire history

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:27 AM

Make sure you get your grammar correct before posting

Rico101
10-03-2015, 11:28 AM
I haven't seen any guy who's from Chinese Taipei in this forum, this forum is basically filled with Filipinos

Really? Do u want me to show you the game where you lost vs ph thanks to the free throw of a local pinoy? The only way i see china winning this game is when the refs join your club. If the tourbament was held in an anither country. I doubt your team would even reach the finals.

AUBURN
10-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Manny V. Pangilinan ‏@iamMVP 43m43 minutes ago

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Really? Do u want me to show you the game where you lost vs ph thanks to the free throw of a local pinoy? The only way i see china winning this game is when the refs join your club. If the tourbament was held in an anither country. I doubt your team would even reach the finals.

Theres no point of using 'if', if Yao still plays, the Filipino would get swept for sure

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 11:32 AM
China has none for now, and the Phillippines have none in their entire history

but still our team reach the final fighting for gold medal, i can't image the chinese fans mind when clarkson play next fiba asia;)

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:33 AM
should be easy, china should refrain from hosting the next few championships then, just to show they can do good when not playing at home. I heard this year's hosting was awarded to china without the benefit of a bidding.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:34 AM
but still our team reach the final fighting for gold medal, i can't image the chinese fans mind when clarkson play next fiba asia;)

The question is, WILL he play?
The NBA would obviously be his first priority and he wouldnt give a fck about Asian games

Kokey Fanatic
10-03-2015, 11:34 AM

That local chinese-filipino from tondo? :p

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:35 AM
should be easy, china should refrain from hosting the next few championships then, just to show they can do good when not playing at home. I heard this year's hosting was awarded to china without the benefit of a bidding.

I heard that the Filipino team can't win without African Americans

emalBlame
10-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Chinese ego's... too big to fit in their head they almost have to close their eyes to keep it from falling out.
Your appetite for superiority is way out of this world, well, this was.. after... you got "raped". get it. haha

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:37 AM

imagine a line up of:

blatche 6'10"
fajardo 6'10"
aguilar 6'9"
almazan 6'8"
rosario 6'6"

norwood 6'5"
clarkson 6'5"
lassiter 6'3"
abueva 6'1"
ray parks 6'4"

castro
romeo

this line up won't be fair in asia.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:39 AM
imagine a line up of:

blatche 6'10"
fajardo 6'10"
aguilar 6'9"
almazan 6'8"
rosario 6'6"

norwood 6'5"
clarkson 6'5"
lassiter 6'3"
abueva 6'1"
ray parks 6'4"

castro
romeo

this line up won't be fair in asia.

A prime 7'6'' Yao Ming would destroy all these noobs

Rico101
10-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Theres no point of using 'if', if Yao still plays, the Filipino would get swept for sure

Why switching topic about yao ming? I dont give a shyt about yao ming. This is 2015 not year 2000. Sheez

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Why switching topic about yao ming? I dont give a shyt about yao ming. This is 2015 not year 2000. Sheez

And I wouldnt give a fck about Blatche+Clarkson+noobs

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:45 AM
I heard that the Filipino team can't win without African Americans

I heard china can't win without its 7 footers and not playing at home.

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:46 AM
A prime 7'6'' Yao Ming would destroy all these noobs

a prime yao ming would be playing against these high school players then, hahaha.

emalBlame
10-03-2015, 11:47 AM

Ohh I be damned if they can.

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 11:50 AM
he still can't move on on yao ming ;)

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:51 AM
he still can't move on on yao ming ;)

the chinese can't even move on being the oldest civilization in the world;) what do they want us to do, kneel down to them:p

budz17
10-03-2015, 11:52 AM

and to top it all off, they're horrible floppers as well

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 11:54 AM
and to top it all off, they're horrible floppers as well

i tell you they are soft if they played in the PBA they will be in the hospital;)

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:56 AM
the chinese can't even move on being the oldest civilization in the world;) what do they want us to do, kneel down to them:p

The oldest civilization would probably be the filipino primates which didn't quite evolve throughout the past 20 million years or so

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 11:58 AM
i tell you they are soft if they played in the PBA they will be in the hospital;)

Stephon Marbury, Tracy Mcgrady, JR smith, Wilson Chandler, Michael Beasley etc. chose to play in the CBA, even Andray Blatche plays in the CBA while being a Filipino. It's pretty clear which league is better

Seniorleb
10-03-2015, 11:59 AM
5 Reasons Why Philippines Will Win The 2015 FIBA Asia Championship

https://youtu.be/jskt9HoFdpk

apiSigbinz
10-03-2015, 12:01 PM
lol.. i think lebron james is so insecure cause chinese can't move like lebron james his idol.....
chinese plays pabebe basketball.. if Gilas will lose because of home cooking, i hope Rdo and Ping give some players pabaon move.. haha

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Stephon Marbury, Tracy Mcgrady, JR smith, Wilson Chandler, Michael Beasley etc. chose to play in the CBA, even Andray Blatche plays in the CBA while being a Filipino. It's pretty clear which league is better

you can't beat the starter of this team Tarugo Hard;)

Haiden Kho, Mang Kanor, Wallie Bayola, Paolo Bediones, and Chito Miranda

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 12:05 PM
you can't beat the starter of this team Tarugo Hard;)

Haiden Kho, Mang Kanor, Wallie Bayola, Paolo Bediones, and Chito Miranda

Who're these noobs? Any of them made it to the NBA?

apiSigbinz
10-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Who're these noobs? Any of them made it to the NBA?

NBA? they are all superstar of TORJACKAN Superleague!! Lol

budz17
10-03-2015, 12:09 PM
The oldest civilization would probably be the filipino primates which didn't quite evolve throughout the past 20 million years or so

hahaha, so the chinese did not come from primates then, probably from crocodiles then:p

of course your league will be better, they pay better. your team should blow our team out of the game later by 50 points then. easy easy

KamoteQ
Let's go Pilipinas! One Big Fight! Good luck to our players, for sure they know how to win against big crowds. In Coach Tab we trust.

black_thorne2001

hahaha they don't need to be in the NBA because they are very strong team:p

emalBlame

haha this thread is giving me the laugh. lmao.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 12:10 PM

Team 18+:rolleyes:

FrankieJB
10-03-2015, 12:11 PM

The French "black guys" are French just like me. Most are from our overseas territories, mainly Antilles, and more specifically Martinique and Guadeloupe (Piétrus, Gélabale, Ajinça, eg). Others are mixed (Parker, Batum, Diaw, Gobert, eg.). All of them, bar none, were BORN French, so it doesn't make any sense to question their presence in our NT.

Schröder was BORN in Germany, so it's equally nonsensical. Incidentally, he's half-Gambian, not Gabonese.

As for Mirotic and Ibaka, they are not totally alien to the country they represent, for they played and lived a couple of years in Spain before being granted citizenship and, at least as far as Mirotic is concerned, owe in great part their professional success to their adopted country. Jerry Johnson has been playing in Kazakhstan for years. Lamar Wilson played in Finland before getting citizenship and has a Finnish wife. That's not pretty but it's "okay". Regarding Canada: most were born in Canada, so pointless to argue here again.

Was Blatche born in Pilipinas? NO
Has Blatche Filipino ancestry? NO
Has Blatche every lived and played in Pilipinas? NO

Was he granted citizenship only for basketball reasons without ever setting foot in Pinas before? YES, and that's precisely what the Canadian dude is criticizing, and I can't agree more with him. Human globalization is one thing, buying foreign players to play in one's NT is another. Blatche is the less respectable form of an "import". Well, almost, because there is worse actually: those NTs, like Macedonia or Bosnia, that naturalize US PGs only for one competition. That's really pathetic. At least Blatche (and Pinas) have shown they are not "prostitutes", simply (not ashamed of) taking advantage of rules that make it possible.

PS: those who mentioned "native people" are retards.

Good luck to Pinas today, they can make it if they shoot well.

budz17
10-03-2015, 12:11 PM
maybe this thread will be more entertaining than the game itself, hahaha

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 12:12 PM
hahaha, so the chinese did not come from primates then, probably from crocodiles then:p

of course your league will be better, they pay better. your team should blow our team out of the game later by 50 points then. easy easy

Ya because these shytty ass filipino teams have no money to pay their local players, let alone those nba leveled foreign players

KamoteQ
10-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Team 18+:rolleyes:
Haha, Huli ka na Tol. Halatang nangungulit ka lang. Good luck sa team natin!

Trans. Let go Pilipinas!

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Haha, Huli ka na Tol. Halatang nangungulit ka lang. Good luck sa team natin!

Trans. Let go Pilipinas!

Can u use English? titi

budz17
10-03-2015, 12:22 PM
The French "black guys" are French just like me. Most are from our overseas territories, mainly Antilles, and more specifically Martinique and Guadeloupe (Piétrus, Gélabale, Ajinça, eg). Others are mixed (Parker, Batum, Diaw, Gobert, eg.). All of them, bar none, were BORN French, so it doesn't make any sense to question their presence in our NT.

Schröder was BORN in Germany, so it's equally nonsensical. Incidentally, he's half-Gambian, not Gabonese.

As for Mirotic and Ibaka, they are not totally alien to the country they represent, for they played and lived a couple of years in Spain before being granted citizenship and, at least as far as Mirotic is concerned, owe in great part their professional success to their adopted country. Jerry Johnson has been playing in Kazakhstan for years. Lamar Wilson played in Finland before getting citizenship and has a Finnish wife. That's not pretty but it's "okay". Regarding Canada: most were born in Canada, so pointless to argue here again.

Was Blatche born in Pilipinas? NO
Has Blatche Filipino ancestry? NO
Has Blatche every lived and played in Pilipinas? NO

Was he granted citizenship only for basketball reasons without ever setting foot in Pinas before? YES, and that's precisely what the Canadian dude is criticizing, and I can't agree more with him. Human globalization is one thing, buying foreign players to play in one's NT is another. Blatche is the less respectable form of an "import". Well, almost, because there is worse actually: those NTs, like Macedonia or Bosnia, that naturalize US PGs only for one competition. That's really pathetic. At least Blatche (and Pinas) have shown they are not "prostitutes", simply (not ashamed of) taking advantage of rules that make it possible.

PS: those who mentioned "native people" are retards.

Good luck to Pinas today, they can make it if they shoot well.

France has a history of being a superpower with colonies all over the world and has their own constitution and interpretation of who are citizens or not. France being the developed country it is has the advantage of people migrating to it thus adding to their "pool."

Philippines also has different constitution and interpretation of who are citizens or not. The country's constitution says that people born to filipino citizens at the time of their birth are filipinos and have all the rights and privileges of being a filipino so saying mixed blood players have no right to play in national team is pure discrimination.

Blatche's case is different, he was naturalized. The process of naturalization takes months in the Philippines and by no means is granted lightly, a lot of hearings are involved.

To imply we are cheaters is disrespectful to say the least.

budz17
10-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Ya because these shytty ass filipino teams have no money to pay their local players, let alone those nba leveled foreign players

a filipino troll, LOL

Athrunzala
10-03-2015, 12:23 PM
dapat kasi magkonsentrate na lang tayo sa game mismo at wag na sa chekwa na iyan

Mike7
10-03-2015, 12:24 PM
maybe this thread will be more entertaining than the game itself, hahaha

But it's sad to see this thread drift away from the main discussion which is about an actual bball final between 2 quality teams.

Good luck to both teams. I am personally rooting for Gilas. Fair play

apiSigbinz
10-03-2015, 12:29 PM
damn now i remember Maricar Reyes.. :rolleyes: the best muse of them all!

Ok its game time! Good luck to us all...

bballcrazy
10-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Can't wait for the games too start. I am actually neutral to both teams (They are my 2 favourite teams in Asia).
So may the best man win.

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 12:33 PM
lol, no neutral would be cheering for china. Go pilipinas!

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Castro first points of the game, nice penetration to rim..no fear of chinese bigs.

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 12:39 PM
foul on blatche, this will be key part of game. blatch should avoid foul trouble

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 12:40 PM
de ocampo way shorter then yi, and yo grabs rebound over him and foul.

philippines are protecting paint, giving away 3's... hope it succeeds.

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 12:43 PM
de ocampo with 2 fouls. Blanche did nice to avoid the foul, but i feel china will keep attacking blatche to get him to foul trouble

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 12:46 PM
China lead first time, the difference in height is too obvious...and causing trouble for philippines.

3 points, and timeout

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Philippines were up 15 - 10, now its 20 - 15 china...
10 - 0 run. Blatche being blocked many times.

wireonfire
10-03-2015, 12:51 PM
That is unsportsman like foul

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 12:51 PM
refs are calling so many fouls in china favor. 8 team fouls in first quarter against philippines...

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Make it 9 now. 9 fouls in one freaking quarter, and quarter not over yet.

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Gotta admire those short filipino players attacking the paint with the height of chinese players present down there.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Zhou Qi looking like a real BOSS out there
nba waitin for u boi

bballcrazy
10-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Philippines centers looks like guards standing beside the 7 footers..:D

mvpshaq32
10-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Make it 9 now. 9 fouls in one freaking quarter, and quarter not over yet.

philipines getting away with fouls too

Zhou Qi looking like a real BOSS out there
nba waitin for u boi

lol no way, he can play in internatonal ball, but not strong enough for NBA

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:01 PM
philipines getting away with fouls too

lol no way, he can play in internatonal ball, but not strong enough for NBA

Chad Ford put him as the 17th pick in the 2016 draft, he could definitely play

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Nice step back shot by romeo . 24 - 21 china

mvpshaq32
10-03-2015, 01:03 PM
lol why is Blatche jumping at the 3

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 01:04 PM
How many free throws china shot this game till now? and if they didn't miss that many..they be up double digit maybe.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Blatche thought he was Kobe, keep taking terrible shots and piling up those bricks:)

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Zhou Qi already 8pts and 8 boards and we are only starting the 2nd quarter

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 01:05 PM
shouldn't have been backcourt violation, ball was deviated by chinese player

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 01:07 PM
This is tough matchup for philippines. They losing rebounds , can't do anything down the paint then foul..
the height advantage is way too big.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:12 PM
These Filipino guards kept reaching... unwise strategy

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 01:12 PM
in 15 minutes of play, philippines committed 15 foul. 1 foul per minute

wireonfire
10-03-2015, 01:13 PM
That was a kick in Zhou Qi's pants. Dirty..

mvpshaq32
10-03-2015, 01:15 PM
okay that jumper was impressive

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:21 PM
the ref called a technical on Zhou Peng.. yet the Filipino fans still think that the refs are on china's side

mingki
10-03-2015, 01:25 PM
well it is very clear though

Mr.Shy
in 15 minutes of play, philippines committed 15 foul. 1 foul per minute

Ref called the foul because they actually did the fouls, including some nasty hit on eyes and kick on d***.

mingki
that the refs are the 7th man of china

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:28 PM
that the refs are the 7th man of china

Philipino noobs just can't stop whining

Rico101
10-03-2015, 01:28 PM
5 mins into the game, philippines already in foul trouble, china just 2 fouls?! what black magic is this?! i rather figure out how much the chinese paid the refs than how the philippines can beat this assholes, no use if the refs are on the chinese side. xD

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:30 PM
5 mins into the game, philippines already in foul trouble, china just 2 fouls?! what black magic is this?! i rather figure out how much the chinese paid the refs than how the philippines can beat this assholes, no use if the refs are on the chinese side. xD

While Zhou Qi was on the ground, that Filipino dude just leged his dick. Dirty move

splitzapper
10-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Philipino noobs just can't stop whining

what is Andrey's team in CBA? Does he still have a contract with them? TIA

Kokey Fanatic
10-03-2015, 01:31 PM
While Zhou Qi was on the ground, that Filipino dude just leged his dick. Dirty move

Just a retaliation after zhou qi kneed him on the head

Rico101
10-03-2015, 01:33 PM

good move, teach them a lesson, hey much did the chinese government paid the referees? haha.. spill it out mate. honestly china will win of course, before the tournament started, china are already champions! why? its held in CHINA duhhhh

F-15Eagle
10-03-2015, 01:33 PM
oh plenty of home cooked siomai siopao and noodles to boot...those dishes...yum yum

Mr.Shy
10-03-2015, 01:35 PM
what is Andrey's team in CBA? Does he still have a contract with them? TIA

Team name: Xinjiang Flying tigers, still have 2 years in contract.
He also has team mates Zhou Qi and Li Gen
They will be the super power of the next season.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:36 PM
good move, teach them a lesson, hey much did the chinese government paid the referees? haha.. spill it out mate. honestly china will win of course, before the tournament started, china are already champions! why? its held in CHINA duhhhh

Whatever you say. This Filipino team is TRASH.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Just a retaliation after zhou qi kneed him on the head

DID he hit his head?

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:39 PM
What happened to this Jayson 'Best Asian PG' William? He can't even dominate Ailun Guo

This dude missed a ton of 3s

mingki
10-03-2015, 01:45 PM
the refs did not see that play on norwood he is in front of it..very clear 7th man

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:46 PM
the refs did not see that play on norwood he is in front of it..very clear 7th man

And u r clearly NOT Albanian

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 01:48 PM
abueva missing free throws hurting his team....

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 01:49 PM
bench abueva , mr.baldwin

mingki
10-03-2015, 01:49 PM
and romeo too

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Its 16 point game, its pretty much over. Philippines letting china take easy 3's, because they have to protect the paint due to lack of height.

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Abueva missed 1 - 6 in last 6 free throws.thats 5 point there..at least keep it a 10 point game.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Its 16 point game, its pretty much over. Philippines letting china take easy 3's, because they have to protect the paint due to lack of height.

Stop EXAGGERATING the height difference, China is the better team by far

wireonfire
10-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Another dirty play by William

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Both teams with 21 fouls

mingki
10-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Well i think its over. Congratulations to China.

eshmawi
10-03-2015, 02:12 PM
yep, congs to china. hats off to philippines as well.

splitzapper
10-03-2015, 02:14 PM
China simply the better team. Quick, tall, well coached.

splitzapper
10-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Team name: Xinjiang Flying tigers, still have 2 years in contract.
He also has team mates Zhou Qi and Li Gen
They will be the super power of the next season.

Thanks for the info. I might start watching CBA next season to root for this team. Li Gen the three point shooter, right?

splitzapper
10-03-2015, 02:21 PM
Congratulations Team China. and Team Gilas Pilipinas

FrankieJB
10-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Congratulations to China. They were by far the best team in the tournament. They have a bright future. They have talent and maturity. Pinas exceeded expectations but couldn't compete in the final. It's not a matter of biased referees or height advantage, it's a matter of IQ. In this Pinas team there are players who are headless chickens, Romeo and Abueva eg. Some others are lacking skills, like Thoss or De Ocampo. And fatigue did the rest, with Castro having an awful game and Blatche making poor choices. I think it was shameful to play the final today instead of Sunday. Refs were okay overall but there are too many signs that organization was unfair and if FIBA is not corrupt they should sanction them for that.

ctongco
Congratulations to China for winning the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship

eshmawi
last time china were this dominant and convincing was 2005.
2007 , 2009 and 2013 iran won. 2011 they won barely by one point over jordan at home.

this might be scene for some years.... their core is very young. zhou qi, guo ailun, wang zhelin etc all young teams. all yi jianlian won't be there.

black_thorne2001
10-03-2015, 02:24 PM
congrats to china

McCalebb2015
10-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Congratulations to China for winning the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship

Thank you. Baldwin's trick is not smart.Gilas doesn't play their own style.

Lebron James
10-03-2015, 02:28 PM
That was a fun game to watch. Good work for both teams

crush
10-03-2015, 02:31 PM
I'm still proud of Gilas. We did good.

Congrats to China for winning the tournament. I'll be rooting for China to represent Asia well in Rio.

Cheers!
Until the next FIBA-Asia!

budz17
10-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Congratz to china, the better team today.

Hopefully, we can put up a better fight in the future with bigger players. for sure there will be a backlash back home as the taller and younger players preferred to take this championship off and clearly they were needed in this game.

ctongco
10-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Thank you Gilas for taking us this far for two consecutive Asian finals. :) We'll get it next time.

wireonfire
10-03-2015, 02:44 PM
http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/67972e52jw1ewo9cnvnhzg208w050x6q.gif

lapukman
10-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Congratulations to China. They were by far the best team in the tournament. They have a bright future. They have talent and maturity. Pinas exceeded expectations but couldn't compete in the final. It's not a matter of biased referees or height advantage, it's a matter of IQ. In this Pinas team there are players who are headless chickens, Romeo and Abueva eg. Some others are lacking skills, like Thoss or De Ocampo. And fatigue did the rest, with Castro having an awful game and Blatche making poor choices. I think it was shameful to play the final today instead of Sunday. Refs were okay overall but there are too many signs that organization was unfair and if FIBA is not corrupt they should sanction them for that.

Calls were unfair for China up to some point in the 3rd quarter and it zapped the energy of the guys and kept them out of rhythm. The natural thing to do is to keep playing and adjust to the calls, and thats what they did, but then it's already too late at that point as China has now supreme confidence that they could win no matter what. The refs has played it fair in the 4th, but the damage has been done.

F-15Eagle
10-03-2015, 02:50 PM
China simply the better team. Quick, tall, well coached.

not to mention the sumptuous home cook dishes...
hats off to them though they were the better team tonight...
they should just have level the playing field make it 5 v 5 not 5 v8....most of the calls made (or non-calls) are just unbelievable

wireonfire
10-03-2015, 02:52 PM
not to mention the sumptuous home cook dishes...
hats off to them though they were the better team tonight...
they should just have level the playing field make it 5 v 5 not 5 v8....most of the calls made (or non-calls) are just unbelievable

You should go see an eye doctor. This was not called. So was that mean elbow from William to Zhao Jiwei's jaw.

F-15Eagle
10-03-2015, 02:54 PM
so should you what about the travelling on william or the backcourt violation by de Ocampo when it was clearly tapped by a Chinese player or the hit on Norwood's face in front of the damn referee

boo
10-03-2015, 02:55 PM

I dont think dondon hit something down there. Too small maybe?

Chinese are proud of their team even wih the shameless help from the refs.
The crowd even throwing bottles at some of the coaching staff. Class less.
Well china is china.

lapukman
10-03-2015, 02:55 PM

You should go see an eye doctor. This was not called. So was that mean elbow from William to Zhao Jiwei.

That wayward elbow was incidental/not intentional, of course you would try to protect the ball and wave off your opponents hand when they try to steal it, it just so happened it hit Jiwei. But prior to that Castro was already fouled.

wireonfire
10-03-2015, 02:56 PM
so should you what about the travelling on william or the backcourt violation by de Ocampo when it was clearly tapped by a Chinese player or the hit on Norwood's face in front of the damn referee

We didn't complain about the calls, it was you losers who did it first. Don't be so sour.

boo
10-03-2015, 02:57 PM
Can't wait to see china humiliated in rio where the refs are gonna be world class and fair.

wireonfire
10-03-2015, 02:57 PM
I dont think dondon hit something down there. Too small maybe?

Chinese are proud of their team even wih the shameless help from the refs.
The crowd even throwing bottles at some of the coaching staff. Class less.
Well china is china.

Let me hit you in the balls and you take it in stride. At least we use all our own players, not some hybrids.

boo
10-03-2015, 02:58 PM
We didn't complain about the calls, it was you losers who did it first. Don't be so sour.

Of course china did not. Why would they complain on refs they paid?

Kokey Fanatic
10-03-2015, 02:58 PM

You should go see an eye doctor. This was not called. So was that mean elbow from William to Zhao Jiwei's jaw.

Yeah, Zhou Qi clearly kneed hontiveros on the head which caused him to retaliate

F-15Eagle
10-03-2015, 02:59 PM

Of course you didnt complain because the calls against you were legit...again try defending the refs on the plays I've mentioned above...

lapukman
10-03-2015, 03:00 PM

Well because the calls were obviously biased. China has already the advantage with the home crowd, skills, youth, height and speed, but I guess they would do everything they could to ensure a win.

boo
10-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Yes, we'll be humiliated in Rio and you monkeys will be in the qualifiers.

our team plays fair and if that means qualifiers, we'll take it. Cheating is more humiliating than losing to cheaters

seigle42
10-03-2015, 03:05 PM
I watched full game live! The game was very doubt for Referees game between CHN vs PHI most of them are favor of Host China! All of them are Asians! How many bucks who spend by the Chinese buying to Officials

lapukman
10-03-2015, 03:07 PM
our team plays fair and if that means qualifiers, we'll take it. Cheating is more humiliating than losing to cheaters

And I don't ever remember the Philippines' crowd hurting opponents. We welcome them and treat them as fellow human beings. I don't know if the same can be said to their fans.

regierr
10-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Proud of our players. China was the superior team. Even without the help of the referees they still would have won the game.

But after witnessing this game, I now admire Iran more when they were dominating because when teams lost to them, it was a clean and tough ball game. They didn't need the help of the referees to assure a victory. They simply showed their class, dominance, and superiority.

lapukman
10-03-2015, 03:23 PM

I knew it.... you won't be able to sleep because you knew it was a hollow win LOL.... But it's fine, good luck in the Olympics, make Asia proud!

ctongco
10-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Mods, it might be time to close this thread.

Congratulations to China for winning the Asian final and congratulations to Gilas for coming this far.

boo
10-03-2015, 03:27 PM
China: hello olympics!

World: hello fiba corruption!

F-15Eagle
10-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Oh I've got a plenty good 7 footers and tall forwards
Guards who can run fast and shoot all day long
Plays designed so well nothing could go wrong
But I like to win no matter what it takes
make me yellow color go proud and loud
Numbers wont lie probabilities point to me
That I will prevail over the midgets 80% as it can be
But 80% is not good enough for me
Ill make sure I beat the shit out of them 100% not anything less
So I took the referees aside and made them my mistress

----- Chin Chan Su:cool:

Zhang
10-03-2015, 03:35 PM
could only utter the word loser...cause cant defend the referees calls... too bad
have a superior team still depends on refs just to make sure....
what do you call them..genuine winners true champions hooray for China......
(FYI I would have picked China to win based on what I saw anyway....so I was half-expecting my country to lose this game)
but no, refs have to make sure...
no no China no lose on China, I make you money refs..we are good team than Philippines but you make 100% sure China win..we have lots of money we make you rich refs..hahahahaha....
Id rather be a loser than a cheating winner

how could a 100% sure win gives you 24 free thows. may be our money is not enough. no insults needed, thx JPF

lapukman
10-03-2015, 03:42 PM
how could a 100% sure win gives you 24 free thows. may be our money is not enough. shit, god damn it. i reply to such a loser who always want to be.

This guy surely can't sleep LOL ..... a few bottles of SMBs should do it my friend :rolleyes:

F-15Eagle
10-03-2015, 03:42 PM
how could a 100% sure win gives you 24 free thows. may be our money is not enough. shit, god damn it. i reply to such a loser who always want to be.

oh you paid them enough don't worry..they just made (or did not make any) blatant questionable calls that not only kills momentum but throws off their game as well..the refs did become fair at the 4th quarter..but only because China is unreachable already..Guess what would have happened if it was 5 pts or less going into the last two minutes..?
but to be fair (lol I was not paid like the refs) your team was quite good and outplayed Gilas...would have love to see them battle in the finals again (if given the chance) as long as its in any place not named China or HK

dorianz
10-03-2015, 03:47 PM
oh you paid them enough don't worry..they just made (or did not make any) blatant questionable calls that not only kills momentum but throws off their game as well..the refs did become fair at the 4th quarter..but only because China is unreachable already..Guess what would have happened if it was 5 pts or less going into the last two minutes..?
but to be fair (lol I was not paid like the refs) your team was quite good and outplayed Gilas...would have love to see them battle in the finals again (if given the chance) as long as its in any place not named China or HK

Dude, lose is a lose

talking much won't help you become a winner

If you think a match can be won by payment, you work hard and make ur country rich

Simple and easy

F-15Eagle
10-03-2015, 03:49 PM
fiba is so corrupt to give the world cup host to china. oh, olympic committee gives olympic host to china. asia olympic committee gives 2022 asia games host to china. world is so corrupt, they should give to poor country phillippines where full of losers.

China has money..FIBA loves money..FIBA makes host China regularly...why because ....MONEY!!!! hey ZHANG the day you win back to back to back Asian championship held in countries not named China is the day China truly qualifies as a powerhouse...hahahahaha (and no the Philippines is not at that stage yet so please spare me the litany of why Philippines not make back to back to back champion or using hybrids)--its not your fault that you have plenty of tall skilled players and its not ours either that we cant produce a plenty of local guys who stands 6'8" above so please quit the naturalization/hybrid card okie Zhangie?:cool:

F-15Eagle
10-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Dude, lose is a lose

talking much won't help you become a winner

If you think a match can be won by payment, you work hard and make ur country rich

Simple and easy

yo I wasnt talking to you..
but since you're up for it...
yeah we lose that one..yeah China was the better team
but c'mon at least Gilas deserves a fair officiating...pls watcgh the game and count how many questionable calls (or non calls) there are...China is the favorite and I was 70% sure they would win...so no losing is not the issue here
got it dude??

boo
10-03-2015, 04:21 PM
fiba is so corrupt to give the world cup host to china. oh, olympic committee gives olympic host to china. asia olympic committee gives 2022 asia games host to china. world is so corrupt, they should give to poor country phillippines where full of losers.

Your country might have a million billionaires and geniuses, but dont forget that you have more than a billion ignorant people and that includes you.

That's all i have to say. I'll keep the rest to myself. :D

rzovlade
10-03-2015, 04:51 PM
PG castro, lee
SG clarkson, lassiter, chan
SF norwood, abueva
PF blatche., almazan, japhet, belga
C junmar, blatche

This is an english speaking forum, at the very least provide an adequate translation
JPF

Rico101
10-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Believe me guys no name calling, thx JPF
I already said this and i will say it again.I highly doubt china would even reach the fiinals if the tournament is held in an another county.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Thread closed untill one of the Asia mods decides the opposite. Hopefully some of you guys will be able to chill down untill than.