Maccabi 68- Tau 79

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maccabi 68- Tau 79

It was one of the best played matches I've seen this season so far. I noticed a few things. First maccabi would be better if Eliyahu learned to become a decent free throw shooter. Maccabi needs him to be an offensive option late in games. Eliyahu was arguably the best offensive post performer of the game with Vujcic, Scola and Splitter. Today Eliyahu demonstrated that he has the potential to be a top post player in the euroleague. Second Halperin is maccabi's point guard, it's not Bynum or Rainko. Halperin is like most young israeli players in that he's either hot or cold. But when he's hot maccabi has a chance to beat elite teams unlike Bynum or Rainko. Third Maccabi needs a better small forward, Jastasis isn't the answer. Maccabi has Caspi. Caspi is one of those man-child players that has the nba body and talent but not the maturity and experience to perform to his potential. With him you'll be seeing the same growth pains as Eliyahu had this year being "baptisied" in the euroleague. Lastly, is it me or does Spahija look lost. He said he was going to play Felix. Did he? I didn't see him. He's had plenty of time to improve Eliyahu's defense and Halperin's consistancy and failed.
    Alrighty then! Take care now, bye bye then.

Yes both teams failled lot of free throws and this is something that could be dangerous. Eliyahu played a great game. So hard, explosive and with lot of quality in his plays. This is an important win for us and it was so hard to make it true.

Comment

Originally posted by muba
      Yes both teams failled lot of free throws and this is something that could be dangerous. Eliyahu played a great game. So hard, explosive and with lot of quality in his plays. This is an important win for us and it was so hard to make it true.
      Tau is a great team. Maccabi could play better but there's no shame in losing to Tau.

Comment

Tiango Splitter has just come out of the closet. No, he's not gay he's jewish. Here's the story. This won't help his draft status.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin
          Tiango Splitter has just come out of the closet. No, he's not gay he's jewish. Here's the story. This won't help his draft status.
          Just for correction, he considers himself as a Christian, but he has Jewish roots.

Originally posted by article above
          “I think that fleeing Europe caused the detachment from Judaism. I respect Judaism and feel close to it. Even though I am Christian, ultimately, we all come from the same place.”

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
            “Even though I am Christian, ultimately, we all come from the same place.
            so true
            "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
              Just for correction, he considers himself as a Christian, but he has Jewish roots.
              Like other dozens of millions people all around the world...

Originally posted by Picek
              so true
              No doubt

Back to the topic. I'm not sure a fans of small clubs will understand how painful for us to watch our new team after last great seasons. We still have a chances to take 2nd place in the group, but in next stages it seems "the game over" for Maccabi.
              MACCABI TEL AVIV
              Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005

Comment

It was one of the best played matches I've seen this season so far.
                I stoped reading here and went checked if I'm on a planet could earth before i could continue reading.
                I think you outdone yorself with ridicoluseness this time, without mentioning the fact that you think that a 19 year old who cant even be a regular starter for the last placed team in israel can be a starting sf for maccabi.
                one of the worst games iv seen in years in this level(the houston-mavs games I watced until the end of the 3rd was even worse), and probably the worse game played by a visiting team against maccabi that won a game, ever. and they still managed to win in double digits. felix played in the start, maybe you did watch a game from another planet with teams with the same jersey sets.

Comment

Spahija is the loser and sign him was bad decision for sure.He can be succesful coach only in underdog team imho.
                  Bynum+Felix+Jasaitis=4 points yesterday.
                  I think Maccabis coach must be israeli coach.Pini come back,please
                  But players was much better previous,victorious years.Parker,Saras,Baston isnt the same as Bynum or Felix

Comment

Originally posted by ArnoldPettybone
                    I stoped reading here and went checked if I'm on a planet could earth before i could continue reading.
                    I think you outdone yorself with ridicoluseness this time, without mentioning the fact that you think that a 19 year old who cant even be a regular starter for the last placed team in israel can be a starting sf for maccabi.
                    one of the worst games iv seen in years in this level(the houston-mavs games I watced until the end of the 3rd was even worse), and probably the worse game played by a visiting team against maccabi that won a game, ever. and they still managed to win in double digits. felix played in the start, maybe you did watch a game from another planet with teams with the same jersey sets.
                    I see your point after Caspi, Maccabi has many better options at small forward. Like Shasson, Jastasis or sign an former nba player. The nba players like Felix, Arnold, Bynum and Bulford have been such a success this year that maccabi needs another one. Why not resign Rodney Bulford and give him maybe he finally stop smoking dope. Whew, you're right Maccabi's best option isn't keeping and developing Caspi. Anyway it was a good game with great post play. It's preferable to watching the crap teams with no future and no purpose like Boston, Memphis and Portland.

Comment

being sinical about something you know nothing about(bball) wont help you be more wright. jasaitis was a key player in a ulebcup winner and top 16 team. fact. arnold was the mvp of team that reached the ulebcup final and led the israeli league in rebounding. fact. buford played in pau. eliyahu is the best israeli player for the second straight year. and caspi? a substitute in the last position team in the israeli league. fact. obviosly, a subsitute in the last place team is better then the above players and can be a starter at maccabi, yeah sure...
                      arnold nba player? ha? also where it is written that nba players=good players. maybe in the planet your from.
                      oh, another thing-who said tau mavs and rockets are crap teams(maccabi is)? I said that they played a crap games, not that they are crap teams.
                      stop arguing wiht yourself.

Comment

I see your point after Caspi, Maccabi has many better options at small forward. Like Shasson, Jastasis or sign an former nba player.
                        I don't know if you were trying to be sarcastic, but that's true. Do you really think Caspi is Maccabi starting material at this point?

The nba players like Felix, Arnold, Bynum and Bulford have been such a success this year that maccabi needs another one. Why not resign Rodney Bulford and give him maybe he finally stop smoking dope.
                        Since when did Jamie Arnold play in the NBA?

Whew, you're right Maccabi's best option isn't keeping and developing Caspi.
                        Yeah, like Yotam Halperin....

BTW, thanks for the Splitter link.

This won't help his draft status.

LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by ArnoldPettybone
                          being sinical about something you know nothing about(bball) wont help you be more wright. jasaitis was a key player in a ulebcup winner and top 16 team. fact. arnold was the mvp of team that reached the ulebcup final and led the israeli league in rebounding. fact. buford played in pau. eliyahu is the best israeli player for the second straight year. and caspi? a substitute in the last position team in the israeli league. fact. obviosly, a subsitute in the last place team is better then the above players and can be a starter at maccabi, yeah sure...
                          arnold nba player? ha? also where it is written that nba players=good players. maybe in the planet your from.
                          oh, another thing-who said tau mavs and rockets are crap teams(maccabi is)? I said that they played a crap games, not that they are crap teams.
                          stop arguing wiht yourself.
                          No I posted Memphis, Boston and Portland are crap teams not worth watching with no future. I didn't mention Tau, Mavericks or the Rockets. About Galil being last you're correct but Galil record is tied with three other teams. Hell, the last 6 teams are within one win that's over half the PL. Caspi is the rare talent that can do Dominique Wilkins type dunks. He had his growning pains playing against grown men. Oden had similiar growning pains player lesser competition doesn't mean Oden can't be great next year. Caspi started out the season awesome and than slowly slid to his abyss. He's recently climbed his way out of the abyss and has become a solid player again. He's shown a lot of character and toughness this season. If he teamwork continues to improve he should be great next season.

Comment

You can't really blame Felix for his lack of production this year. The coach keeps telling him over and over that he's going to use him and he rarely gets on the court. There's not much you can do when you get a bunch of games under five minutes in between a bunch of games with DNP's.

Yesterday he started and played four minutes. I understand pulling him initially (after the second foul) but to not try to use him again in the second half was ridiculous if you want to actually give the guy a chance to see if he can help the team defensively.

Comment

No I posted Memphis, Boston and Portland are crap teams not worth watching with no future.
                              I didn't mention Tau, Mavericks or the Rockets.
                              yeah, so? what does it have to do anything if you briught it up?
                              About Galil being last you're correct but Galil record is tied with three other teams. Hell, the last 6 teams are within one win that's over half the PL.
                              yeah, so? doesnt change caspi eligibility to play as a regular starter at any PL team.
                              Caspi is the rare talent that can do Dominique Wilkins type dunks. He had his growning pains playing against grown men.
                              wow what a player....what a talent...I suggesst maccabi signs nate robinson.. i heard this guy has like 100000 inch vertical, yo yo yo!
                              Oden had similiar growning pains player lesser competition doesn't mean Oden can't be great next year. Caspi started out the season awesome and than slowly slid to his abyss. He's recently climbed his way out of the abyss and has become a solid player again. He's shown a lot of character and toughness this season. If he teamwork continues to improve he should be great next season.
                              oden is the considered 1-2 draft pick. let me know when an israeli player gets past the second round of the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information