Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gershon continues to talk mad stuff about Sofo to the media!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gershon continues to talk mad stuff about Sofo to the media!

Their were some fat dancers in the all star game. Gershon said in a loud voice, why isn't Sofo a member of their group??

The guy is a ----- idiot. It was obvious from the start of the season that Sofo was not in his plans. He has been making fun of him all the time.
    Last edited by Juan Carlos Nadal; 02-04-2007, 06:35 PM.

Originally posted by Minotavros
    http://www.sportime.gr/basket_inside...ticle_id=41003

Their were some fat dancers in the all star game. Gershon said in a loud voice, why isn't Sofo a member of their group??
    O_o That's just desgusting... I dislike Gershon more and more each week.
    Why won't Sofo leave Oly? Or why won't Gershon let him leave?
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

I agree. Ghershon is the best transfer for Panathinaikos this year. He has a problem with greek players (he thinks that they are the same level as israeli players), he thinks Greek A1 is easy like Israeli league, he thinks he can make a team like Maccabi with 10 Americans. Oh, and he signed a useless playmaker.
      I'm a born-again atheist.

'The black cat is always the last one off the fence.'

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
        ... I dislike Gershon more and more each week.
        I agree. I am keeping my mouth shut all these weeks out of respect to the members of this board.
        Three Countries. Two Colours. One Religion. Orthodox Brothers.
        PRAVOSLAVNA BRACA - ΟΡΘΟΔΟΞΑ ΑΔΕΡΦΙΑ
        Pravda za Uroša - Justice for Uros

Comment

I didn't watch this game, so I didn't listen to this quote (I just read it now), but I don't know why there is so much hate here. Pini Gherson is who he is. He is calling someone "malaka" for fun and no-one misunderstands him. He has mastered PR for years now and is one of the best coaches (certainly the most successful one) this decade and he has been targeted by the Greek press for months now, without having failed at all. Top-16 is about to start and, even if Olympiacos doesn't make it in the top-8 (highly unlikely), it won't be a failure. There will be more than one reasons for that and none of those reasons will be Gherson.

All these threads against him, both in IBN and in other (mainly Greek) forums only show the weakness of the fans to underestimate the long-term plan that Gherson has for Olympiacos. If Gherson calls Sofo "fat" and makes fun of him, then the Greek (usually unreliable) press will characterize the coach negatively. The fans will back it up and show disrespect to the coach. This way, Sofo goes clean again. And by going clean, he doesn't try to get better.

Personally, I found it a good joke and I laughed as soon as I read it.

I suspect that similar threads will keep existing until the end of the season. No matter what I write here, there are only few exceptions that care about responsibilities, agreements, clauses and maturity towards the basketball system and the meaning of "professionalism". However, Gherson won't be going anywhere. If Sofo wants to try more, he will drop weight and return to the basketball business. He may only harm his own reputation, miss a Eurobasket, but - sooner or later - he will be back on track. And, if he gets slimmer, then - next year - a similar Gherson joke will not cause me laughter. Then, I will say that Gherson is mean. But, until then, it's gonna be funny...
          Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

after his statements i am sure now that n the summer OLY will be looking for new coach.I think he has somekind of complex with SOFO.Ok Skiortsianitis made mistakes maybe huge but it is silly to keeping the problem and transfer it to the media.Just rediculus.Gershon has lost the ball and someone can realize that from today all star game when everybody were celebrating and he was in his world,surely anxious and stressed after the recent games of OLY...
            1st in IBN 2018-2019
            2nd in IBN 2016-2017
            2nd in IBN 2015-2016
            1st in IBN 2014-2015
            2nd in IBN 2013-2014
            2nd in IBN 2012-2013
            2nd in IBN 2010-2011
            3nd in IBN 2009-2010
            1st in IBN 2008-2009
            2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
            https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
            @RankingsSport

Comment

11. Thou shall not joke about Sofo
              The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

gerson will propably leave at summer!let him say anything he wants now!
                http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
                Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Comment

wardjdim I understand that perhaps in the long term olympiacos may get better with gershon but I think you re wrong here.
                  Oly signed gershon for ONE year exactly because they expect results right away. So I don t think there is an agreement with oly s president about any long term plan.
                  Thats also what gershon said when he came to greece. that he signed a one year deal exactly because he likes the pressure of the results.
                  If Oly doesnt qualify to the top^8( unprobable I agree since at least the second spot will be his) it will be a huge failure since Oly has one of the biggest budgets and has undeniably a top8 roster.
                  Oly had aspirations at the beginning of the season for greek league and El.
                  For the moment he finished 3rd in his EL group and is 3rd in the greek league.

And ok you may argue that the results will get better with time and hopefully with the return of macas.
                  The problem is that gershon doesn t even prove himself with the coaching he does.
                  His rotation is laughable( a lot of good players arent used properly because of him beeing stubburn, such as stack, bouroussis, or shortsi) and as I hear the atmosphere in the lockers isnt the best one( at least it wasnt good after the game versus koln).
                  And as I can see he cant give the players the psychological support they need. I agree that this statement today was only a joke but do you really believe that after all the issues with schortsi, a joke about his weight is propper? You can afford to make jokes when things go well and when the relations with the person about whom you make the joke are good. This wasnt the case today so...
                  He has also lost the support of all the fans. the attendence in the last EL game prove it since only 2000 people went to the game although at the beginning there were a lot of enthousiastic fans suppporting the team.

All that is untill today the achievments of gershon. I dont deny that he is a good coach but seriously things cant go more wrong for him untill now.
                  Seriously I m trying to search ONE good thing he did untill today and I have a hard time finding any.
                  The only good thing he did actually was picking acker. Besides that he has only failures to show( third in EL, Third in GL, lost confidence of public, wrong pick of point guard-leting edney leave was a mistake-, bad rotation, bad handling of shortsis case, didnt won ANY important game...)

Its sad to say but I dont see what you see in gershon and you are so optimistic.
                  The past of somebody isnt enough to make me believe that he is the right choice( the same goes for example with some players of pao such as giaftokas. Yes he had a great season last year but he has to prove in PAO too)

Comment

This guy is old school and for me probably lacks the man management skills. In other words his psychological methods are not up to date with the modern game. To get the best out of players you don't mock them and make fun of them. Some players don't take to that to well.
                    He may have the technical side of the game down to a T but unless you have the correct psychology, the players won't respect you and as a result of this, the team will not be playing as well as it could.

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHLANDER
                      This guy is old school and for me probably lacks the man management skills. In other words his psychological methods are not up to date with the modern game. To get the best out of players you don't mock them and make fun of them. Some players don't take to that to well.
                      Maybe Sofo is not one of those players?
                      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

He was joking for gods shake!!!

he told that today, he had a conversation with Sofo and he explained him it was only a joke, plus he put him back in the team and he said in 6-7 days he will be ready to play...

so no harm done...
                        Sofo has one more chance and its up to him to prove his worth...

Comment

Originally posted by rchos7
                          gerson will propably leave at summer!let him say anything he wants now!
                          maccabi needs him. They sink this season.

Ok Im' going out.

But if he could come in France to coach my favorite team, I'd be pleased.

Comment

Even half of Maccabi fans hate him, did you expect anything better from the Greek fans?

He was hired for 1 year, he was given 3 times the budget Kazlauskas had, he got 2-3 good transfers he asked, he sacked Edney to hire Penn (?!?!?!?!) claiming that Edney wouldn;t last more than 10 minutes on the court while he is playing 30+ for Climamio, he doesn;t use greek players (Dynamo got more plaaying minutes from Papadopoulos-Fotsis that Oly did from 5-6 greek players in the game in Moscow), his jokes are racist and sexist, he stole Acker from Maccabi, he doesn;t use Stik, all the work is being done by his assistant Sferopoulos. The decision has already been made by Oly board, he is getting the kick in the summer (unless he doesnt qualify to top8 and/or gets hummered by PAO in some days).
                            I'm a born-again atheist.

'The black cat is always the last one off the fence.'

Comment

he doesn;t use greek players (Dynamo got more plaaying minutes from Papadopoulos-Fotsis that Oly did from 5-6 greek players in the game in Moscow),
                              of course dynamo's greeks are starters in the greek NT and oly's greeks are at best 11-12 player in the greek NT roster!

he stole Acker from Maccabi
                              i don't understand this one!

i agree with the rest!

the best thing oly's board can do is to bring dynamo's greeks in the team for next year!together with this old fox ivkovic if they want!
                              http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
                              Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information