PDA

View Full Version : Group B, Day 2: Argentina vs. Croatia

Dtown
08-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Can Croatia bounce back from their close game with the Philippines? Can Argentina look as impressive as they did against Puerto Rico. Group B supremacy battle :cool:

KORADZ
08-31-2014, 11:34 AM
LINK
LIVE
Basketball World Championship - Croatia Vs Argentina
http://www.koradz11.com/2014/07/sport1.html

KORADZ
08-31-2014, 11:35 AM
5 cro start7096

Mr Chacho
08-31-2014, 11:54 AM
What a move by Campazzo vs Zoric. Croatia always play worse with Zoric, great game by Bogdanovic and Simon. Saric will be a total class player.

Darknemo2000
08-31-2014, 12:30 PM
Croatia relies on 3's too much. But I think Repesa will point that out during the halftime and they will try to penetrate more.

CHBB
08-31-2014, 12:35 PM
Pretty much what I've expected from Argentina so far. Nobody gets an easy game versus them.

ThePeraCar
08-31-2014, 12:40 PM
If Croatia wins this it will be very good for them mentally if not it will kill them

Darknemo2000
08-31-2014, 12:41 PM
Why Herman plays so much. He is awful at defense. So slow and unreliable on offense too.

israel6
08-31-2014, 12:46 PM
Tomic need to play more

spidey102279
08-31-2014, 12:50 PM
Wow, both team has no defense..

spidey102279
08-31-2014, 12:51 PM
If Argentina plays like this against Gilas (no defense), i think Gilas has a chance to beat them.

Darknemo2000
08-31-2014, 12:52 PM
Whenever Scola sits its all over for Argentina. They just look lost and helpless.

Dr. Martin
08-31-2014, 12:55 PM
ho ho ho almost there :)

Dtown
08-31-2014, 01:00 PM
great atmosphere, not sure Argentina has what it takes to comeback though.

Buzissa
08-31-2014, 01:02 PM
I am pretty sure this is the best World Cup ever in terms of attendance.
Great atmosphere.

ctongco
08-31-2014, 01:03 PM
What's the score?

durden_tyler
08-31-2014, 01:04 PM
Hermann sucks, Campazzo is great.

Darknemo2000
08-31-2014, 01:14 PM
Croatia wins. Scola got tired eventually and it was over. Herrmann was just an utter trash.

CHBB
08-31-2014, 01:29 PM
I am pretty sure this is the best World Cup ever in terms of attendance.
Great atmosphere. Perfect way to build off of the 2010 World Cup. Let's not forget how well attended the Olympic basketball games were, either. It was a no brainer to put the World Cup in such a basketball crazy country in my opinion.

Saric is one hell of a player. Campazzo really looked poor running the point during the 4th. He made quite a few costly turnovers. I expect him to be much better next game though.

Great win for Croatia, and great play by Saric and Bogdanovic. Those two give Croatia a very bright future.

GuTO
08-31-2014, 03:13 PM
someone have the replay? roja maybe?

budz17
08-31-2014, 03:37 PM
Perfect way to build off of the 2010 World Cup. Let's not forget how well attended the Olympic basketball games were, either. It was a no brainer to put the World Cup in such a basketball crazy country in my opinion.

Saric is one hell of a player. Campazzo really looked poor running the point during the 4th. He made quite a few costly turnovers. I expect him to be much better next game though.

Great win for Croatia, and great play by Saric and Bogdanovic. Those two give Croatia a very bright future.

basketball crazy country? just wait if ever FIBA decide to give the hosting to the Philippines, then you'll see basketball crazy, haha.

any links to replay?

miloje
08-31-2014, 04:51 PM
http://www.jutarnji.hr/argentinci-tuku-najvise-i-najprljavije-dariju-saricu-izbijeno-cak-sest-zubiju--oliver-lafayette-ima-potres-mozga-/1216769/

dario saric lost 6 teeths :confused: and laffayette has brain concusion. cro journalists very angry on referees and argentinian dirty play

Terrorizer
08-31-2014, 05:40 PM
Ehh, even if having a quartet of Prigioni-Nocioni-Scola-Herrmann as your leading players is not even a half that good these days as it was 10 years ago, Argentine must blame themselves for suffering this defeat against solid but not overly impressive Croatia. Overplaying Luisito was crucial in making him tired and, hence, unable to score crucial points late in the game. Also I hoped that Campazzo would fare better as he was very unstable, alternating flashy plays and classy passing with stupid turnovers and unorganized offense, so without Prigioni on the floor the whole degree of nervousness was just surging for the Argentine team.
Overall, I'm not the most informed about Argentinian prospects but it seems that when in mid-2020s (or maybe early 2030s) triumphators of Athens would finish their international career, there would be really dark times for Argentine NT.

Frankly, I don't remember a WC that weak which is a kinda surprising as I'm a proponent of the theory that international basketball gradually yet steadily progressed in last decades. Still this Argentine-Croatia duel was at least an interesting game to watch.

GuTO
08-31-2014, 05:57 PM
Ehh, even if having a quartet of Prigioni-Nocioni-Scola-Herrmann as your leading players is not even a half that good these days as it was 10 years ago, Argentine must blame themselves for suffering this defeat against solid but not overly impressive Croatia. Overplaying Luisito was crucial in making him tired and, hence, unable to score crucial points late in the game. Also I hoped that Campazzo would fare better as he was very unstable, alternating flashy plays and classy passing with stupid turnovers and unorganized offense, so without Prigioni on the floor the whole degree of nervousness was just surging for the Argentine team.
Overall, I'm not the most informed about Argentinian prospects but it seems that when in mid-2020s (or maybe early 2030s) triumphators of Athens would finish their international career, there would be really dark times for Argentine NT.

Frankly, I don't remember a WC that weak which is a kinda surprising as I'm a proponent of the theory that international basketball gradually yet steadily progressed in last decades. Still this Argentine-Croatia duel was at least an interesting game to watch.

I dont want play with Argentina again. Get out of my way Argentina!

pohani komarac
08-31-2014, 09:00 PM
It's been long time since I realy enjoyed watching us playing. Basketball is so much more sexy with talented players who can actually play with ball. Just hope we will find some decent domestic PG's in future. Tough all respect for Oli, fits great in team. Just what we needed in terms of player caracteristics....we controlled most of game besids one period in 2nd quater, but we must play more trough low post

Always sad when you see legend coming to end. Still this Argentina has shoot at medal, but you can see one of most exciting and best generation in FIBA basketball is going into legend. Oh...why there are no copy paste in basketball...Basketball can't survive without Manu and Scola

pohani komarac
08-31-2014, 09:06 PM
Perfect way to build off of the 2010 World Cup. Let's not forget how well attended the Olympic basketball games were, either. It was a no brainer to put the World Cup in such a basketball crazy country in my opinion.

For me Simon is key of this team. He is main creator on offense, so romantic with ball in hands and finaly plays like he can. Hope he can do it with consistancy

Bulakenyo
09-01-2014, 04:38 AM
basketball crazy country? just wait if ever FIBA decide to give the hosting to the Philippines, then you'll see basketball crazy, haha.

any links to replay?

Maybe lots of people outside the stadium, and people asking for photo ops and autographs, but maybe gate attendance, not so much. Especially if they price the tickets like the price the NBA Manila exhibition games.