PDA

View Full Version : Group D, Day 1: Mexico vs. Lithuania

JGX
08-30-2014, 02:59 AM
Trying hard to resist rooting for Mexico. Don't think my support will do them much good in this one anyway. Where is Mojado?

Dtown
08-30-2014, 03:21 AM
El Tri, or is that just soccer..., ah well El Tri B do love flying under the radar. Lithuania should be the favorite but this screams trap game to me.

Raze Lupin
08-30-2014, 03:30 AM
Yall know I love Lietuva but I'd Mexico to win. Its not going to happen lol

mazeikis
08-30-2014, 03:31 AM
we do those mexiconians on 30 points. who saying diferrent drunk to much teqila. :D :D

if we will loose match ,I blame Motiejunas, Jankunas, Maciulis, Pocius and Kuzminski. Green persons always wanting sabotige our team.

Hepcat
08-30-2014, 03:52 AM
Either cut out the nonsense or post somewhere else.

:rolleyes:

macleopard13
08-30-2014, 04:28 AM
we do those mexiconians on 30 points. who saying diferrent drunk to much teqila. :D :D

if we will loose match ,I blame Motiejunas, Jankunas, Maciulis, Pocius and Kuzminski. Green persons always wanting sabotige our team.

I think you should take some anger management courses before you seriously hurt someone with your insults. Now is the time for a change in your life. :rolleyes:

ValanciunasFan
08-30-2014, 04:32 AM

If I were you, I would stop posting crap like this. :( And I hope we can beat those Mexicans. If they lose the ball, I will say "Gracias, muchachos mexicanos." That is Spanish for "Thank you, Mexican boys". And if we win, I will say, "Buen juego, muchachos mexicanos." Again, that is Spanish for "Good game, Mexican boys". Okay, that is it. No more posting Spanish phrases for me. I just put these phrases because I know some Spanish and they speak Spanish in Mexico. :D

ValanciunasFan
08-30-2014, 04:43 AM
I think you should take some anger management courses before you seriously hurt someone with your insults. Now is the time for a change in your life. :rolleyes:

I agree. Mazeikis needs to think about what he writes. If he continues to put insults on this site, I will find a Canadian behaviour therapist for him to fix his disrespectful attitude. That way, he will learn his lesson that he should not insult our players and the users on this site.

Shawshank
08-30-2014, 07:04 AM
usally we have very good record against South American teams.They all are playing not very smart basketball (except argentina) so at one point we gonna play smarter and make run and should win convincigly today 10+.

Hepcat
08-30-2014, 02:42 PM
I agree. Mazeikis needs to think about what he writes. If he continues to put insults on this site, I will find a Canadian behaviour therapist for him to fix his disrespectful attitude.

He might not be in Canada you know. And he might be no older than eleven. That's the way he comes across to me.

:confused:

usagre
08-30-2014, 02:48 PM
the philippines couldn't pull off the shocking upset, but i got a feeling mexico will.

CHBB
08-30-2014, 02:56 PM
Jorge Guitierrez is a solid player. I saw him with Canton last year and he can really ball. Ayon will need to have a huge game for Mexico to stand a chance though.

macleopard13
08-30-2014, 03:27 PM
This will be a tough one. We have to play with motivation, move the ball, initiate as many fastbreaks as possible, and play solid man-to-man defense. Mexico's game revolves around Ayon, so Valanciunas and Darjus will have a lot of work today guarding the guy. I hope they're ready.

Koyomi
08-30-2014, 03:45 PM
We will get spanked badly... :C

usally we have very good record against South American teams.

But we're North American.

Raze Lupin
08-30-2014, 04:59 PM
usally we have very good record against South American teams.They all are playing not very smart basketball (except argentina) so at one point we gonna play smarter and make run and should win convincigly today 10+.

We will get spanked badly... :C
But we're North American.

Si!! Mexico is in Norte Americano! Yeah Liths should win but I'm going for Mexico! I just hope the game is close. Koyomi are people watching the game down South in Mexico? How good is the interest?

KORADZ
08-30-2014, 06:03 PM
START NOW 19.00 GMT+1

LINK Mexico - Lithuania

Basketball : FIBA World Cup - Spain 2014

http://www.koradz11.com/2014/08/9-ch.html

Koyomi
08-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Si!! Mexico is in Norte Americano! Yeah Liths should win but I'm going for Mexico! I just hope the game is close. Koyomi are people watching the game down South in Mexico? How good is the interest?

There's no hype, but both the biggest Mexican TV chains are showing it on free air tv and will show every Mexico match so there will be lots of viewers... Lorenzo Mata is even doing commentary for Televisa.

Raze Lupin
08-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Send me a link lith fans!

Raze Lupin
08-30-2014, 06:12 PM
There's no hype, but both the biggest Mexican TV chains are showing it on free air tv and will show every Mexico match so there will be lots of viewers... Lorenzo Mata is even doing commentary for Televisa.

Free tv?? Do you have a link??

Koyomi
08-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Free tv?? Do you have a link??

I mean the normal channels, no cable or satellite.

I have no links :C

miloje
08-30-2014, 06:18 PM
what is lithuania doing, they will totally ruin my score :rolleyes:

Dtown
08-30-2014, 06:20 PM
27-22 MEX at the end of one. What the hell Lithuania?

GuTO
08-30-2014, 06:31 PM
quality link pls

http://live.drakulastream.eu/static/popups/236064874370610.html

here is

great img quality, good speed.

Koyomi
08-30-2014, 06:44 PM
First half: 45 - 41 Lit

Shawshank
08-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Motiejunas at center and mexicans dont have those same easy shots because he is way faster than Jonas and Darjus at center position. Overall if mexicans gonna shoot like they did first 15 minutes im not sure its impossible to beat such team... but overall Motiejunas change our defence totally with his speed and lenght and center position very similiar to what happens agains italy small bigs in 2013. Good move kazlauskas to put on the benchplayer sthat play really good Jonas V and Darjus just because our defence wasnt working with them. Now again we should put ball inside to Valanciunas at the begining of 3 querter

auris1
08-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Mexicans can not be shooting ball that well all the game. But still,wake up call for Lithuania. There will be no easy games for us,and lack of Kalnietis is no excuse so far.

usagre
08-30-2014, 06:55 PM
that was mexico's best shot that lithuania withstood and is still ahead. lithuania should coast to a double digit victory in second half.

Koyomi
08-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Love the passion our guys have... second to none.

usagre
08-30-2014, 07:04 PM
nice start by mexico in the second half maybe they will be there for the long haul.

ThePeraCar
08-30-2014, 07:05 PM
Lithuania is dissapointing...

Dtown
08-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Lithuania is just killing it from three.

Laban Pilipinas
08-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Damn, I think the only player on the Lithuanian squad on the floor who can't shoot a three is Valanciunas.

Koyomi
08-30-2014, 07:12 PM
Things start going bad for us u__u

Edit:

Really bad... 3rd quarter over: 67 - 53 Lit

Raze Lupin
08-30-2014, 07:25 PM
USA plays in 5 min so peace!

Koyomi
08-30-2014, 07:47 PM
87 - 74 Lit

Good showing in our comeback to a WC, nothing to complain.

auris1
08-30-2014, 07:47 PM
USA plays in 5 min so peace!
Sorry,buddy. Not that many people are that excited,i think.

Dtown
08-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Lithuania showed up in the second half for a deserved win. There's some positives for Mexico going forward though.

auris1
08-30-2014, 08:13 PM
Regarding the game - good news - Jasaitis is back,as good as ever. Not that i ever doubted him. Front line looks good, and Maciulis is playing his best bb ever ,or so it seems.
Bad news - our back court is terrible. Seibutis was predictable , Juskevicius was OK, but Pocius and Vasiliauskas were just a drag for the whole team.

madmax
08-30-2014, 08:47 PM
same old same old for our team - we can't defend any respectable guard off the dribble and consequently the whole team defense collapses when our slow footed lethargic guards are being left in the dust by some no name mexican fella:rolleyes: Our Twin Towers are doing work down low though and it doesn't seem like anybody will stop slow down Valanciunas in this tournament, but there is just one little problem we have...how to get him the ball in a low post without turning it over again and again?:confused:

macleopard13
08-30-2014, 08:53 PM
Good game. We completely screwed up Mexico's offense in the third quarter (you could see the puzzled look on Mexico coach's face :)) and that basically decided the game for us. I want to see less silly mistakes from Juskevicius and Vasiliauskas though. Losing the ball dribbling on a fastbreak is unacceptable.

Darknemo2000
08-30-2014, 09:20 PM
We really need to stop that tradition of playing like crap in the first half and then starting to play like we can in the second.

With all that talk of our PG's... Our main PG turned out to be Seibutis. He was better than Juskevicius or Vasiliauskas. Which is sad cause our actual PG's are really horrible. Juskevicius had an OK game due to his long range shooting and decent d, but he also did simply mindblowing turnovers when he lost a ball during a simple dribble without any pressure from the opponent. Twice. One of that was during a fast break when he had a free lane to run he still managed to loose the ball.

Simply atrocious. I am at the point where I think that Valanciunas or Motiejunas can in fact dribble the ball better than our supposed PG's...

Straight forward
08-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Mixed feelings after the game.

On the bright side, we are still strong team. Mexico was shooting the lights out, but we didn't let them go anywhere. Bigs are playing great. Probably first official game where JV and Dmo did the job. At the age of 22 and 23, they are becoming true leaders of the team :rolleyes: Also, Juškevičius showed he can play some man's defence. That's even better than those threes he hit.

On the negative side, it still hurts my eyes how Seibutis never see the court while he's ballhandling. Juškevičius and Vasiliauskas are not much better at this point when the defence is intense and tough. The worst thing that we don't have single PG who can survive when 2 defenders collapses on him after p&r and still would be able to pass out to an open man. So it's easy to see our bigs won't be utilized completely. Overall, I count at least 6 possessions where simple entry pass was needed, but our backourt couldn't figure out what's going on. I want to see more Jasaitis at 2. He can deliver solid passes inside and overall he brings IQ that this team is lacking.

With Kalnietis this team would be damn good. And imagine Kleiza as a back up for Motiejunas. We'll have a good chances to get back on the podium in the big stage next years.

Darknemo2000
08-30-2014, 09:51 PM
On the negative side, it still hurts my eyes how Seibutis never see the court while he's ballhandling. Juškevičius and Vasiliauskas are not much better at this point when the defence is intense and tough.

Just to remind you that Seibutis had 5 assists. More than Juskevicius and Vasiliauskas together. Not that bad for a guy who came to the team and trained with a team by being a SG. He was a better PG than our PGs...

Straight forward
08-30-2014, 10:07 PM
Just to remind you that Seibutis had 5 assists. More than Juskevicius and Vasiliauskas together. Not that bad for a guy who came to the team and trained with a team by being a SG. He was a better PG than our PGs...

I'm not talking about assists. He made some good passes, like the one to Jasaitis in the corner for an open three, or penetrated inside and found an open JV. I'm taking about the fact he always dribbling with his head down, he can't make simple inside pass, he easily give up p&r situation for a difficult shot. Overall you are right, he was pretty good. I'm just generalizing the whole picture and how this might effect the team. Besides, he also showed some softness at defensive end at the start of the game. I like Seibutis, but some fans seem to be overlooking his negative sides :) He's not a good starting SG for the standards of NT since 1992.

Darknemo2000
08-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Well Pocius is even worse starting SG. He almost never passes and if Seibutis takes difficult shots then Pocius takes impossible shots against two or even three players turning blind eye to his teammates. His defense is even worse than Seibutis and he cannot shoot 3pts (shootings 3 at 20-25% I do not call shooting). He has great first step and can get under the basket at will but if opponents rotate well Pocius ends up face to face with opponents C or PF and him being a blackhole there's no way he will search for an open teammate so he just takes a bad shot...

All and all our guard rotation in general is bad. Makes me wonder if Kazlauskas couldn't at least invite Gecevicius in just to try him out...

Straight forward
08-30-2014, 10:36 PM
Well Pocius is even worse starting SG. He almost never passes and if Seibutis takes difficult shots then Pocius takes impossible shots against two or even three players turning blind eye to his teammates. His defense is even worse than Seibutis and he cannot shoot 3pts (shootings 3 at 20-25% I do not call shooting). He has great first step and can get under the basket at will but if opponents rotate well Pocius ends up face to face with opponents C or PF and him being a blackhole there's no way he will search for an open teammate so he just takes a bad shot...

All and all our guard rotation in general is bad. Makes me wonder if Kazlauskas couldn't at least invite Gecevicius in just to try him out...

True. Pocius looks worse than he was in 2010. Seems like those injuries slowed down him a little bit. He's not that explosive as he used to be. His motor is not the same as well. But he will have a good games and will help.

LuDux
08-30-2014, 10:40 PM
Pocius 3p shooting: 2010 46% 2011 40% 2012 29% 2013 36% total 40%

Shawshank
08-31-2014, 05:35 AM
This game show what Kazlauskas decided to do after Kalnietis injurys.All hard moments,close 4 querters Seibutis gonna be our PG.But nevertheles Juskevicius and Vasiliauskas MUST help him first 3 querters.Because nobody has so many energy as to play PG and to defend best guards of opponenet team .Kazlauskas alwasy puts seibutis on most dangeruos opponenets guards.Like 2013 kalnietis was playing everything he had by 35minutes a game,in this tournament seibutis gonna be played very similiar,the difference is kalnietis didnt had to guard all best guards and seibutis will have to do that too...I think its too much to ask from one player.But when i see defence from vasiliauskas its hurt he is too slow,too weak to guard anybody very similiar to gecevicius case.If Sarunas wont produce in offence he is uselless.Juskevicius i have feeling in tournament progress gonna outplay vasiliauskass and become starting pontguard.Why? adas eyes was brave and fighting mood,Sarunas eyes was scared...
Our bigs i mean all of them were just marveluos.In my oppinio key player was Motiejunas his defence (foot speed ) at center position change the mexican offence all spurts (2 and 3 querters)were made when motiejunas played at center position.The scoreboard proves that Valanciuans played very good offencem night,but in defence was too slow rotating.With Valanciunas on the floor lietuva -2,with Motiejunas +14 its shows something and my feeling was similair to that in game progress.Maciulis and Jasaitis as always rock solid,we can trust them in most dificult moments.

Darknemo2000
08-31-2014, 05:50 AM
Pocius 3p shooting: 2010 46% 2011 40% 2012 29% 2013 36% total 40%

Yeah and Landry Fields was shooting at 40% at his starting season. Can ask Raptors fans how do they feel whenever he shoots now. Pocius this time around is as bad as he was in 2012 with his 3 point shot. Has troubles of making anything but he always shoots regardless. I think his aggressiveness is the main reason why Pocius is still around. Gecevicius in comparison is much more composed, better shooter and can pass the ball decently and if sees an open teammate, differently from Pocius, will always try to make a pass. But he is not aggressive and his defense is pretty bad. Though nowadays Pocius defense is almost as bad as his really.

Hepcat
08-31-2014, 11:04 AM
Let's not judge Martynas Pocius or Mindaugas Kuzminskas (who had a truly dreadful few minutes on the floor) or any of the fellows by one game. There are many yet to be played.

:)

Darknemo2000
08-31-2014, 12:28 PM
Let's not judge Martynas Pocius or Mindaugas Kuzminskas (who had a truly dreadful few minutes on the floor) or any of the fellows by one game. There are many yet to be played.

:)

Pocius already played 15 games. In 13 of them he was bad, in one he was ok and in one he was good. Thats not the performance one would expect from one of our main SG...

Hepcat
09-01-2014, 02:04 AM
But the correlation so far between play in exhibition games and play in tournament games has not been very strong. For example Kuzminskas looked great in exhibition while Mačiulis showed very little. It's been just the opposite so far in the tournament. And now Juškevičius has looked readier to play than Vasiliauskas despite their performances in exhibition play.

Darknemo2000
09-01-2014, 03:05 AM
But the correlation so far between play in exhibition games and play in tournament games has not been very strong. For example Kuzminskas looked great in exhibition while Mačiulis showed very little. It's been just the opposite so far in the tournament. And now Juškevičius has looked readier to play than Vasiliauskas despite their performances in exhibition play.

Kuzminskas was bad in the last 5 friendly matches so its not like he started crapping during the tournament only.