PDA

View Full Version : Group C, Day 1: Ukraine vs. Dominican Republic

JGX
08-30-2014, 02:36 AM
I guess Dtown only takes the big games :)

I am looking forward to another summer of Mike Fratello swearing at Ukranians during timeouts. DR has not been up to par in warmup games, they got by without Horford in a weak FIBA-Americas last year but they will miss him in Spain.

Dtown
08-30-2014, 02:50 AM
I guess Dtown only takes the big games :)

Guilty as charged :p

This isn't a minor game though. Group C is interesting in that is has a clear favorite (U.S.) but aside from that everyone else can qualify. Really every game against for the other 5 is a must win and really a toss up.

Darknemo2000
08-30-2014, 11:13 AM
27:27 at the half. I thought that Ukraine under Fratello will win it because they play more like team, but instead in the first half they were playing too individually. Such playing type is more beneficial to Dominica so unless Ukraine make adjustments they will loose it, because fast paced, individually based basketball certainly fits the Dominica more

Darknemo2000
08-30-2014, 12:17 PM
In the end higher class prevailed. Ukraine won it by 10 as expected. In the second half they passed the ball more which led to more open shots, specially from 3 point area and it was the end for Dominica.

CHBB
08-30-2014, 12:37 PM
I missed this game unfortunately. Couldn't find an English language stream. I wonder if Ukraine would've still won this if the DR had Horford though.

Darknemo2000
08-30-2014, 02:03 PM
I think they would have. Ukraine wasn't in their best game today, and made plenty of mistakes, but Dominica was just playing too wild. Even with Horford their game isnt disciplined enough to use his full potential. That being said the game would have been much closer, maybe even going to OT but UKraine is more calm in crucial moments of the game and would have won just because of that.