Copa del Rey 8-11 February at Malaga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copa del Rey 8-11 February at Malaga

The first 8 teams of the ACB will play there. The best tournament after the Final4 in europe and we always can watch great basketball at this tournament. But i have one question after which round the possibility to qualify for the copa del rey will finish?

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
    But i have one question after which round the possibility to qualify for the copa del rey will finish?
    This weekend's round I believe (the 17th). Only one game remains (Joventut vs Bruesa). Real Madrid, TAU, Akasvayu, Unicaja, Caja San Fernando, Barcelona, Gran Canaria and Joventut (not qualified only if it loses today by 73 or more points) are qualified and will be in the draw to be made tomorrow.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
      This weekend's round I believe (the 17th). Only one game remains (Joventut vs Bruesa). Real Madrid, TAU, Akasvayu, Unicaja, Caja San Fernando, Barcelona, Gran Canaria and Joventut (not qualified only if it loses today by 73 or more points) are qualified and will be in the draw to be made tomorrow.
      I watched today Barcelona vs Granada and the reporter during the game was often talking about Copa del Rey, but i don´t understand spanish and that´s why i am asking. And there will be a draw? I always thought the 1st will play against the 8th and so on. I hope in future the acb side will be also in english and not only in spanish.

Comment

I watched today Barcelona vs Granada and the reporter during the game was often talking about Copa del Rey, but i don´t understand spanish and that´s why i am asking. And there will be a draw? I always thought the 1st will play against the 8th and so on. I hope in future the acb side will be also in english and not only in spanish.
        It's curious how they didn't think about putting the website in English, but you know how Spanish are with foreign languages
        Yeah, there'll be a draw tomorrow at 2:30 PM.
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
          It's curious how they didn't think about putting the website in English, but you know how Spanish are with foreign languages
          Yeah, there'll be a draw tomorrow at 2:30 PM.
          but you know how Spanish are with foreign languages
          Like the french.

I hope TPA will broadcast it. It will be a good tournament i am feeling this.

Comment

Like the french.
            Sort of yeah
            Real Madrid, TAU, Akasvayu and Unicaja will be the top seeds btw.
            Joventut confirmed their place in the Copa del Rey by beating Bruesa 80-68.
            Artificial Nature

Comment

as far as i know - it's 1-8, 2-7, 3-6 and 4-5.
              last year some games were shown on telemadrid (la otra or sat - available on the net - but than it was in madrid...).
              it sure gonna be interesting.

Comment

They were talking about that because both teams were playing directly for one place (Barcelona won the game and qualified).

Today will be the draw, at 14:30 local time, that will define all the tournament. These are the qualified teams :
                1 - Real Madrid (Top seed)
                2 - TAU Cerámica (Top seed)
                3 - Akasvayu Girona (Top seed)
                4 - Unicaja (Top seed and host)
                5 - DKV Joventut
                6 - Caja San Fernando
                7 - Winterthur F.C. Barcelona
                8 - Gran Canaria Grupo Dunas

Top seeds cannot meet each others in the first round.

Comment

The draw has been made:

TAU vs Caja San Fernando
                  Real Madrid vs Gran Canaria

Unicaja vs Barcelona
                  Akasvayu vs Joventut
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

Time for predictions

Tau- Caja SF
                    RM - GC

Unicaja- Barça
                    Akasvayu-Joventut

Real M- Tau
                    Unicaja- Akasvayu Tough one

Akasvayu-Tau

Comment

Tau- Caja SF
                      RM - GC

Unicaja- Barça
                      Akasvayu-Joventut Nice one

Real M- Tau
                      Barça-Joventut

Real M - Joventut Rudy MVP

Comment

To watch the event will be 39 NBA scouts from 23 teams:

Blazers: Jason Filippi
                        Mavericks: Amadou Fall
                        Nuggets: Simon Cote, Rex Chapman, Masai Ujiri and Bret Beaurup
                        Kings: Andrea Gracis and Wayne Cooper
                        Bucks: Jacinto Castillo and Scott Roth
                        Clippers: Neil Olskey and Fabrizio Besnati
                        Hawks: Mark Crow, Mike McNeive and Bob Connoval
                        Rockets: Dean Cooper and Gianluca Pascucci
                        Spurs: Robert Henniga
                        Timberwolves: Pete Philo
                        76ers: Courtney Witte and Danko Cvjetičanin
                        Wizards: Milt Newton and Lino Frattin
                        Pistons: Tony Ronzone and Scott Perry
                        Suns: David Griffin
                        Bulls: Ivica Dukan and Gar Formar
                        Raptors: Mauricio Gherardini
                        Warriors: Kosta Jankov and Chris McNealy
                        Grizzlies: Rich Sheubrooks and Jerry West
                        Magic: Sam Foggin and Dave Twardzik
                        Pacers: Joe Ash
                        Bobcats: Kenneth Williamson
                        Celtics: Leo Papile
                        Jazz: Alberto Dal Cin
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

What about Chad Ford?
                          He didn't want to come and write his stupid things later in ESPN?

Comment

My prediction:

TAU vs Caja San Fernando
                            Real Madrid vs Gran Canaria
                            Unicaja vs Barcelona
                            Akasvayu vs Joventut

TAU vs Real Madrid
                            Barcelona vs Joventut

TAU vs Barcelona (Scola MVP)
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

At last, La Copa del Rey is the best moment of the season, when the fans of eight teams coincide on the stands at the same time and actually don't want to kill each other. On the court, however, the atmosphere is as tense as in a bad dentist waiting room. oh, yes, La Copa del Rey is my favourite sporting event by a mile. The thrill, the competition, (the cheerleaders!)... but the best part is that, after the game, the supporters of the different teams, once hostile adversaries, just go out and get drunk together. I love this game.

On the games, um, I maybe wrote my prognosis a bit too early, but this tournament is kind of upredictable and that's part of its appeal.

Tau- Caja San Fernando
                              Now, hear my prophecy, insignigicant mortals: TAU ain't winning this tournament. (ok, that's not exactly what I said already in this thread, but I have to diversify my betting account!) You might not appreciate it, but this is a pretty bold prediction. TAU is a heck of a team, they excel in every aspect of the game. Wether they have any flaw, hasn' been noticed yet.
                              If they could still count on Planinic, It would be impossible they could lose a close match. This guy is so cold, pure clutch. But he got injuried and chances are that when things start to get uglier, Super Rakocevic is going to come to the rescue. Unfortunately Rakocevic is the european Marbury, a player that is so absurdly gifted that fails to realize he actually need his teammates in order to win the games.

RM- Gran Canaria
                              Real Madrid is playing so well that makes me doubt. till this point, it has been all sunshine and happyness. Everything works perfectly. Louis Bullock (already my favourite shooting guard in europe) upgraded his play, supposing that's possible, and keep his rivals shaking their heads in desbelief night in and night out. The players are running, hustling, and jumping for the loose balls like possesed. They have a former euroleague leading socorer coming of the bench... Felipe Reyes is making movements that H.Olajuwon would envy. R.Lopez... R.Lopez is healthy and that's great for basketball, and incidentally for this team. But I think that the true character of a winning team only can be measured when trouble comes and things start to go wrong, and that's yet to happen this year in Madrid. However, don't expect Granca to be that point of inflexion. Not this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information