PDA

View Full Version : ACB league 2006/2007

Picek
01-14-2007, 04:50 PM
I'll guess I'll have to be the one to start some discussion here aswell.. :rolleyes:

anyone watched Tau - Real yesterday?

refs were pathetic and Bullock once again proved why he is considered as a best US player in Europe..
for me he certainly is just that..
I wonder how come he never got a chance in NBA..
anyway Real made 13 three pointers and they've outrebounded Tau eventhough they've played without Mumbru, Hamilton and Varda and at one point even without Reyes...

Joško Poljak Fan
01-14-2007, 05:17 PM
I used to be a big fan of Bullock once, but the best US player in europe? I doubt, to me he is just too unreliable, don't like his shot selection in the crunch time and his performances ussually vary too much.

I believe that next year when Real gets back to euroleague and they won't be slept down by competing in UlebCup, the same old troubles on both fronts will appear and Bullock will again be exposed...

Picek
01-14-2007, 05:41 PM
I used to be a big fan of Bullock once, but the best US player in europe? I doubt, to me he is just too unreliable, don't like his shot selection in the crunch time and his performances ussually vary too much.

I believe that next year when Real gets back to euroleague and they won't be slept down by competing in UlebCup, the same old troubles on both fronts will appear and Bullock will again be exposed...when he is used as a PG then yes I agree, he does dissapear from time to time..
but as a SG he is a hell of a player..
this year in Real he is mostly playing as a SG with Tunceri and Raul as playmakers and his numbers are phenomenal, while averaging 17 points per game he is shooting 57% for two and 51% for three..
and those are stats from ACB league..
in ULEB cup you have all kind of teams but ACB league is something different..

Buducnost PG
01-14-2007, 06:17 PM
when he is used as a PG then yes I agree, he does dissapear from time to time..
but as a SG he is a hell of a player..
this year in Real he is mostly playing as a SG with Tunceri and Raul as playmakers and his numbers are phenomenal, while averaging 17 points per game he is shooting 57% for two and 51% for three..
and those are stats from ACB league..
in ULEB cup you have all kind of teams but ACB league is something different..

And that is what makes him strong this season. Last season Rakocevic and he together at the G-position were realy bad, because they are both SG´s and not PG´s which can run the teams offense.

ziv
01-14-2007, 09:40 PM
as it seem (and i think both croats and slovenians will be pleased to hear it)marino bazdaric is back in form. he started the first 9 games with 4.2 ppg but the last 8 of the first round he scored 14 ppg, always in double figures.
seems like he's back on his feet after the injury he had last season and the slow start of this season. good news for basketball fans.

a.i.
01-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Can anyone provide some information about what is going on at Unicaja?
They beat Joventut by 20, Estudiantes by 40, San Fernando even by 50. In the EL they lose by 30 to Olimpija or by 50 to Joventut...What is the reason for such huge differences in their performance. Before the season i expected to be much better in the EL and i still think their roster is really good. With Tusek and Faison they get two more quality players.

PHILIPeurobasket
01-15-2007, 04:50 AM
WOW! What a great game for Michal Ignerski for his Caja San Fernando !!!:) Ignerski has 25 points and 6 rebounds :) Caja beat Alta Fuenlabrada 77:68

Zalgirinis
01-15-2007, 02:58 PM
New ball for ACB. Comments?

http://www.acb.com/redaccion.php?id=36641

ziv
01-15-2007, 03:35 PM
well - after we had a yellow ball in israel we are not allowed to criticize anyone... nevertheless - it seems to that leagues are too light-headed when changing balls. the NBA had to learn it the hard way but that's basiclly it. changing balls (colours or the metirial it's made of) is not an easy decision and it would be better off to avoid it unless necsery (for example - when changing sponser and making only the slightest change possible).

SK rulez
01-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Milic to Real Madrid.
Comments?

ziv
01-16-2007, 07:01 PM
i don't like this signing.
if it's not borken - why fix it? do they realy need another player? i don't like this habbit of signing players you don't need - i don't like the fact he'll get some of mumbru or thomas or hervelle playing time. i just don't like it.

Buducnost PG
01-16-2007, 07:48 PM
i don't like this signing.
if it's not borken - why fix it? do they realy need another player? i don't like this habbit of signing players you don't need - i don't like the fact he'll get some of mumbru or thomas or hervelle playing time. i just don't like it.

Mumbru is injured and he is coming for him as i know. Hervelle plays good. Tomas not in ACB. He only shine in Uleb Cup against teams like Den Bosch. But i also don´t like that teams can sign players everytime. So big clubs with money are always in front of others. A deadline for buying players like in soccer would be fine.

rikhardur
01-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Bilbao signed Andy Panko for the remainder of the season.

ziv
01-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Mumbru is injured and he is coming for him as i know.
of course - my bad. hamilton is injured too. still, i prefer them playing jan martin (not only because of his israeli origin... :)) or something like that.
particularly i'm not sure i see milic fits in the team - at this point of his carear he's mainly a 4 but he's not strong or tall enough to handle acb teams. on the other hand playing him at 3 will make two slow of a team and that's excatly what plaza is trying to avoid. milic can add some dunks - which are always nice and actually happens a lot already in this real team but other than that - i doubt how well he'll fit in this squad. (that's being said on the personal level - cause on the general level as i said - i see no need in adding a player to this team...)

Joško Poljak Fan
01-17-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't know if it'll end up a good or bad addition, but disagree with Ziv on one thing, Milič isn't tall, but he is definately among the strongest players in Europe on SF and strong enough to handle most of europe's PF...
I think he'll be just as Mumbru mainly used in defensive purposes. Milič lost his explosiveness from younger age but compensates this with experience (loads of dirty tricks referees can see :D).
Playing him at SF means slower game, but also a missmatch for any defender (which Milič is already by nature)... I'd say that the fact Milič can't repeatedly hit from the distance is far more disturbing thing, since the opponent team can almost spare one more player in the paint and it also takes a lot more effort vs. zone defense.

rikhardur
01-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Joan Plaza signed a new contract with Real Madrid until the end of the 2007/08 season.

Manu Ginobili
01-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Well,as much as I saw Real this season,Juan Plaza is a great coach,probably will be legend in the next few years.
He is playing with very wide rotations,which is not that special nowadays,but he knows how to handle with it,and he's knows when to keep the players when they are "hot" without hurting the involve of any player.
I think he deserves this new contract.

ziv
01-20-2007, 04:18 PM
well as much as i agree, the acb is similar to the nba as in both the "real" season starts with the playoffs. it's an entire different story then, lets wait and see how he's doing when it starts. so far - i agree with manu he's doing great not only by winning but also by the way he wins (and where's chez-martin?)

Picek
01-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Unicaja - Girona 89-90

once again Unicaja couldn't manage to create some kind of winning streak after their win against Pao..
they are really pathetic..
so much money invested in their team, such good fans and always a full hall but they simply suck..

I wonder how much patience Unicaja managament board has for Scariolo..
basicly both Barca and Unicaja are underperforming because of their poor coaches..
I personally like what Plaza is doing with Real..
and Perasović with Tau, eventhough he is still just a "rookie"..

Buducnost PG
01-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Big win for Girona against Malaga. Pesic is doing a great job in Spain again. Joventut-Granada was also a tough game. Tau and Real with easy wins. I watchted the Real game vs San Fernando. Very good teamplay from Real. A lot of ball movement and so a lot of open looks.

Fuenlabarda-Bilbao 74-61
Valladolid-Menorca 72-79
Barcelona-Estudiantes 80-73
Real Madrid-Caja San Fernando 82-71
Tau Ceramica-Gran Canaria 102-85
Joventut-Granada 78-71
Malaga-Girona 89-90
Alicante-Pamesa Valencia 76-75

In the evening Bruesa will play again Murcia.

rikhardur
01-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Indeed a good win for Akasvayu with Šalenga becoming the hero of the game by scoring the 2 points that would seal the victory with 2.4 secs remaining. Unicaja is a truly unstable and inconsistent team, one day they lose by 50, the other defeat PAO and now they lose to Girona. Scariolo's not doing a good work at all... It seems at times that the players lack motivation.
Easy win for TAU with an excelent game by Scola, 29 pts in 28 minutes.

Zalgirinis
01-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Indeed a good win for Akasvayu with Šalenga becoming the hero of the game by scoring the 2 points that would seal the victory with 2.4 secs remaining.

Thats quite of understatement over Salenga becoming hero :) He was scoreless till 80 seconds left to the end. Then at score being 82-86 for Unicaja, he made 3+1, then 2 FTs and the winning shot, scoring last 8 points of Girona.

rikhardur
01-27-2007, 11:17 PM
And Unicaja lost again, this time to Bilbao by a 20-point margin. How unstable this team is... Good win for Joventut over Estudiantes with Bartoň leading the way.

Gran Canaria 90 Fuenlabrada 79
Granada 90 Valladolid 73
Caja San Fernando 71 Alicante 79
Estudiantes 75 Joventut 83
Bilbao 80 Unicaja 60

Joško Poljak Fan
01-28-2007, 10:02 AM
And Unicaja lost again, this time to Bilbao by a 20-point margin. How unstable this team is... Good win for Joventut over Estudiantes with Bartoň leading the way.

Gran Canaria 90 Fuenlabrada 79
Granada 90 Valladolid 73
Caja San Fernando 71 Alicante 79
Estudiantes 75 Joventut 83
Bilbao 80 Unicaja 60
Lorbek didn't want to talk too much about Unicaja and it's conditions in his blog, but said he is returning in the next year, when Pietras and Santiago should reportedly go away...
On the other hand Scariolo brings Tušek as Lorbek's replacement and gives him tons of minutes from the very begining and I don't consider Tušek that better than Lorbek.
Unicaja is the last team I'd like to bet on, it's not only this season, their previous 2 EL seasons were just as wicked as this one...

SK rulez
01-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Lorbek didn't want to talk too much about Unicaja and it's conditions in his blog, but said he is returning in the next year, when Pietras and Santiago should reportedly go away...

I hope that Pietrus and Santiago will remain in Unicaja, so Lorbek will want to stay in Treviso. Lorbek is a great player and i think he can make very much in Blatt's system.

rikhardur
01-28-2007, 02:14 PM
TAU lost to Murcia (great Risacher with 25 pts), thus leaving Real Madrid alone on top of the table. Sekulić's first game in ACB and 2 points... JCN lead Barça with 22 pts.

Murcia 95 TAU 90
ViveMenorca 79 Real Madrid 83
Pamesa Valencia 65 Barcelona 74

Akasvayu vs Bruesa yet to be played today.

rikhardur
01-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Not surprisingly Akasvayu beat Bruesa 89-77.

rikhardur
01-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Sam Clancy (heading to Korea), Marko Maravič (finished his two-month contract and is now going to play in Ukraine) and Rod Brown (friendly break of contract) are no longer players of Menorca.

ziv
01-29-2007, 09:32 AM
i watched Real-Mennorca match yesterday. surprisingly mennorca stayed close for the entire game. bazdaric was good (i spoke about him few weeks back). he's aggrasive again, penetrating, shooting well, good to have him back. he and stojic led mennorca's game with moss and mccoy under the rims finishing their passes.
real on the other hand - thomas played well, as i said in the past, he's a key player in real offense even when he's not hiting his shoots. it's crucial for them to have him as great shooter who can penetrate. the playing time he gets will be in real's favor in the next seasons. reyes had hard time against the tall guys mentioned above. varda is out and sekolic obviously didn't got into it in his first game. milic was ok minus. bullock and smith took matters to their hands in the end (espcially the letter who was weak during most of the games). anyway - the quality differncial between the teams is too big and real managed to win it.

rikhardur
01-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Murcia signed Nikos Vetoulas for two months (with the possibility of extension).

rikhardur
01-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Full game torrent video:
Estudiantes vs Joventut (round 19, 27th January): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=2723

rikhardur
01-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Murcia's Goran Dragić out for a month with a fractured finger on his left hand.

maz81
02-02-2007, 03:08 PM
joventut v girona? i think joventut will win easy what is your say?

rikhardur
02-04-2007, 12:55 AM
joventut v girona? i think joventut will win easy what is your say?
My opinion too :)

This round's surprise so far was TAU's loss to Fuenlabrada, with Splitter capriciously missing the last shot.

Valladolid 83 Estudiantes 78
Fuenlabrada 67 Tau Cerámica 66
Caja San Fernando 91 Menorca 84

ziv
02-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Valladolid 83 Estudiantes 78
Fuenlabrada 67 Tau Cerámica 66
Caja San Fernando 91 Menorca 84
in case you missed - that's a loss for tau (though it suffers some injuries). the second one in a raw after lossing to murcia last week.

rikhardur
02-04-2007, 05:16 PM
in case you missed - that's a loss for tau
Yeah, that's what I wrote, didn't get it :confused:

rikhardur
02-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Another surprise (or not?) in this round with Gran Canaria beating Barcelona by 10 pts. Joventut crushed Girona and that's a hint for the Copa del Rey ;)

Gran Canaria 80 Barcelona 70
Bruesa 67 Unicaja 86
Joventut 92 Girona 76
Pamesa 83 Murcia 75
Real Madrid 97 Granada 72
Alicante 77 Bilbao 62

rikhardur
02-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Estudiantes sacked coach Pedro Martínez and appointed Mariano de Pablos as the new coach. In their last 11 ACB games Estudiantes won just one.

Joško Poljak Fan
02-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Estudiantes sacked coach Pedro Martínez and appointed Mariano de Pablos as the new coach. In their last 11 ACB games Estudiantes won just one.
btw. how come they've left Rodriguez to NBA last year?
They probably got some money, but I really doubt it was worth it...

rikhardur
02-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Bruesa finally signed Mulaomerović for the remainder of the season, he is almost recovered from his soleus injury.

rikhardur
02-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Valladolid signed Andrius Giedraitis.

rikhardur
02-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Lottomatica has loaned Loukas Mavrokefalidis to Pamesa.

rikhardur
02-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Bruesa signed Georgios Pavlidis from AEL Larissa.

ziv
02-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Lottomatica has loaned Loukas Mavrokefalidis to Pamesa.
it's some kind of a trade (chiacig and steffanson left and loukas came - on a loan). i must say i like it. valencia has too many good players on the roster and i can't find the hirerchy. now the greek coach (katsikaris) brought in a greek player, a young dude whom i personally like, he'll get his chances and i think playing alongside dejan will be good for him. chiacig was never my favorite, loukas has a similar size body, he's quicker and though his post-up isn't as good it seem like a fair deal to me. only problem is that it's a loan for one year. don't like these loan shit. valencia is no small team they are not here to do the work for other teams, if he does well i want him to stay there (as if my prefences has anything to do with it...).
don't know what went wrong with steffanson but obviously something did.

rikhardur
02-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Juan Roig has quit as Pamesa president and named Manuel Llorente as the new one.
Seems to me that Pamesa really needed a turn in its management, they were a *top* club in Spain until very recently, they should come back to that position and I hope they will.

ziv
02-16-2007, 04:34 PM
considering the money spent there pamesa should have done better the past few years. their budget is probably the fifthe or sixth in the acb and it was so for some years now. first step i'd say would be to gain a local anchor. real, barna, tau, malaga, girona, badalona all has top sapniards on their roster. i realy liked girona's first step 2 years ago of signing raul lopez not in pro terms (he was injured and got a huge contract) but in terms of making a statment.
i see we have a new spanish (basque?) member here. welcome aboard man. we realy need some fresh (fresh?! as if we have any) blood here...

muba
02-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Hi everybody. I supose I am the new member you talk about Ziv. Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, Pamesa signed lot of great players last years, but they couldn't be a real team to compite with the greatests. Akasvayu Girona is something like that. They signed last year some great players, but they didn't work as a competitive team. This year they have some "no-stars" players, and they are working better.

A pair of TAU news:

- Planinic is coming in about two weeks. He's injured with broken hand.
- Perasovic is at home. He was at hospital with heart problems (I suposse you know it). He will be the head coach again in about 15 days.

(Yes, I'm a TAU fan :D )

In just an hour stars the match between Lagun Aro Bilbao and Bruesa Guipuzkoa Basket. A match between two of the other bask teams, and I think it will be soooo hot...

rikhardur
02-18-2007, 01:00 AM
This weekend's round surprise so far was Unicaja beating Real Madrid, that team is surely the most inconsistent and also surprising team I've seen in the last couple of years. They beat and get beaten in a way beyond comprehension. Girona lost also surprisingly to Valladolid.

Unicaja 77 Real Madrid 69
Girona 88 Valladolid 101
Bilbao 66 Bruesa 65

Picek
02-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Barca continues with their resurection ...
after destroying their competition on Copa Del Rey and Prokom in euroleague game they have destroyed Alicante today by winning with 33 points difference..
their index ratings were almost three times better then Alicante's..
28 asists in the game..
10 three pointers..
40 rebounds..
all ten players played...
nice..

rikhardur
02-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Menorca 83 Joventut 77
Estudiantes 91 Caja San Fernando 78
Barcelona 107 Alicante 74
Murcia 89 Gran Canaria 79
TAU 71 Pamesa Valencia 65
Granada 87 Fuenlabrada 66

Scola this round's MVP with 22 pts + 7 rebs + 5 assists + 3 steals.

rikhardur
02-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Valladolid signed Vasco Evtimov until the end of the season.

SK rulez
02-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Valladolid signed Vasco Evtimov until the end of the season.
I do not understand Fortitudo. Evtimov has played quite well in the last month.

Joško Poljak Fan
02-20-2007, 04:46 PM
I do not understand Fortitudo. Evtimov has played quite well in the last month.
he is always putting up great statistics, mostly because defense isn't seen through it he is dissastrous there... I don't understand Valladolid :confused:

PHILIPeurobasket
02-21-2007, 04:50 AM
Justin Hamilton in Pamesa
Justin Hamilton, who leave 2 days ago Prokom Trefl Sopot sign yesterday contract with Pamesa Valencia.
Source: http://plk.pl/?sub=news&id=2688

SK rulez
02-21-2007, 12:22 PM
he is always putting up great statistics, mostly because defense isn't seen through it he is dissastrous there... I don't understand Valladolid :confused:
I don't agree. He isn't a good defender, but he isn't a disastrous defender. And he's a good rebounder and he can score in several ways. He is not the best player I've seen, but for Valladolid and Fortitudo is fine.

Manu Ginobili
02-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Seems like Valldolid is looking for kind of poor mans Sabonis.
I guess their managment is missing a lot for these days..
On the paper they can look similar,two big mens who can pass the ball,who can rebound well,not very athletic ones..
I realy hope Valladolid didn't made that kind of comparison.
Coz' its impossible,of course..:)

rikhardur
02-24-2007, 11:47 PM
TAU got surprisingly beaten by Granada in this weekend's round despite Scola's good performence (once again) with 25 pts + 6 rebs. Gianella led Granada with 21 and 5 assists. Bilbao lost to Real Madrid with Weis doing something unusual: 21 pts (+ 10 rebs).

Granada 83 TAU 81
Girona 64 Barcelona 72
Real Madrid 79 Bilbao 75

ziv
02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
real got alex mumbro back.

rikhardur
02-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Pamesa finally won an important game, they beat Joventut with a great Avdalović scoring 21 pts (4/5 3pt). With this victory Pamesa managed to reach a playoff position, let's see if they can keep it.
Tskitishvili had his best game so far in the ACB with 15 pts as Caja San Fernando lost to Murcia.

Bruesa 75 Valladolid 71
Murcia 89 Caja San Fernando 81
Unicaja 67 Gran Canaria 65
Joventut 64 Pamesa Valencia 73
Fuenlabrada 67 Estudiantes 69
Alicante 79 Menorca 85

PHILIPeurobasket
02-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Girona 64 Barcelona 72

I watch this game today in Polish TV - great game, and amazing game by Navarro for Barca and Thornton for Girona (this guy is amazing, great fight under baskets). I record this game on DVD so if somebody want I can send it to him :)

rikhardur
02-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Murcia's Kevin Thompson this round's MVP with 17 pts + 17 rebs.

rikhardur
02-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Virginijus Praškevičius was cut from Fuenlabrada for indefinite time due to his poor performances and lack of attitude.

Caja San Fernando sacked coach Manel Comas. This comes after Comas had heavily criticised his players and especially Demetrius Alexander two weeks ago.

rikhardur
02-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Ex-NT coach Moncho López appointed as the new coach of Caja San Fernando until the end of the season.

rikhardur
03-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Unicaja signed forward Sean Lampley.

muba
03-03-2007, 09:38 PM
TAU's head coach Velimir Perasovic... finally fired. :(

rikhardur
03-03-2007, 09:40 PM
TAU's head coach Velimir Perasovic... finally fired. :(
Apparently TAU and him agreed to suspend his contract, but he was not fired I guess :confused:

rikhardur
03-03-2007, 09:50 PM
In this weekend's round Unicaja mantained their reputation as the most weird team in Europe :p

Gran Canaria 79 Granada 70
Estudiantes 90 Alicante 81
TAU 85 - Unicaja 56
Bilbao 75 Joventut 81

muba
03-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Apparently TAU and him agreed to suspend his contract, but he was not fired I guess :confused:

The official note tells what you say, but here we now Perasovic wanted to return to his job with high energies. :mad:

rikhardur
03-03-2007, 11:05 PM
The official note tells what you say, but here we now Perasovic wanted to return to his job with high energies. :mad:
Mmm I see, but perhaps it's the best for him in order to recover completely. He surely must be eager to come back, but you just can't go easy with heart problems.

rikhardur
03-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Surprise loss of Real Madrid and great Lakovič for Braça with 28 pts (5/7 3pt) in 25 minutes.

Barcelona 86 Murcia 72
Pamesa Valencia 75 Fuenlabrada 68
Valladolid 77 Real Madrid 74
Caja San Fernando 86 Bruesa 79
Menorca 56 Girona 71

rikhardur
03-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Murcia's Marcus Fizer this round's MVP with 31 pts + 8 rebs.

rikhardur
03-10-2007, 11:23 PM
This Saturday's results:

Real Madrid 82 Gran Canaria 85
Caja San Fernando 85 Barcelona 95

rikhardur
03-11-2007, 10:25 PM
This Sunday's results (not a good start for Maljković...):

Bilbao 71 Valladolid 64
Menorca 100 Pamesa Valencia 89
Unicaja 96 Granada 73
Joventut 79 TAU 67
Fuenlabrada 98 Murcia 80
Girona 79 Estudiantes 84
Bruesa 81 Alicante 64

Caja San Fernando's Demetrius Alexander this round's MVP with 24 pts + 6 rebs.

rikhardur
03-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Full game torrent video:

Joventut vs TAU (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=3622) (11th March, round 24)

rikhardur
03-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Katsikaris signed a new contract and will be the coach of Pamesa until 2008.

rikhardur
03-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Granada 80 Bruesa 68
Valladolid 71 Fuenlabrada 63
Barcelona 73 Real Madrid 68
Pamesa Valencia 74 Unicaja 66

rikhardur
03-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Great game for TAU against Menorca with Splitter leading the basques with 22 pts + 7 rebs. TAU now joined Real Madrid at the top of the classification with 19 wins and 6 losses. Surprise loss for Joventut.

Gran Canaria 89 Caja San Fernando 67
TAU 96 Menorca 59
Alicante 86 Joventut 76
Murcia 80 Girona 81
Estudiantes 94 Bilbao 86

ziv
03-18-2007, 03:06 PM
third stragiht league loss for Real.

Joško Poljak Fan
03-18-2007, 03:13 PM
third stragiht league loss for Real.
haven't seen any of their games earlier in the season, but the game vs. Zvezda was awful for them- I was wondering how on earth can they manage to win no.1 in ACB with such game- I got the answer now (they can't) ;)

rikhardur
03-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Joventut's Charles Gaines this round's MVP with 24 pts + 11 rebs + 6 steals.

woma
03-19-2007, 03:07 AM
I know it's not ACB news, but I couldn't find a better topic to post it and this really intrigues me - "Former NBA player Robert Traylor (204-F/C-77, college: Michigan) has reached an agreement with the LEB-2 (third division in Spanish Basketball) team Gestiberica Vigo. The team established a try-out period of one week and if tehy are satisfied with the performance of the player he will sign for the remainder of the season.", source - Eurobasket.

Can anybody write how in the hell this happened? And please post any news regarding Traylor's current weight :).

Also, I like Pamesa decision to re-sign Katsikaris, I know one Prokom fan who won't like it, but oh well :). This decision shows me that Pamesa management after 2 years of making radical and way too quick decisions, finally learnt that bringing back their team on top of ACB will take some time. And IMHO Katsikaris is a right guy for them, but he will need some time to do it, and it looks like Pamesa board finally will show some patience.

Neozyrus
03-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Traylor has spent almost the last 20 months recovering form a heart illness, which his agents say that he's completely recovered.
I have readed that his current weight was about 140-145 kg , what is 12-17 kg more that he used to have in nba.

rikhardur
03-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Full game torrent video:

Barcelona vs Real Madrid (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=3758) (17th March, round 25)

Zalgirinis
03-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Also, I like Pamesa decision to re-sign Katsikaris, I know one Prokom fan who won't like it, but oh well :). This decision shows me that Pamesa management after 2 years of making radical and way too quick decisions, finally learnt that bringing back their team on top of ACB will take some time. And IMHO Katsikaris is a right guy for them, but he will need some time to do it, and it looks like Pamesa board finally will show some patience.

Maybe you didnt know, but Pamesa's board/managament has been replaced about month ago. Former president and general manager left the club and new guy for both positions was appointed. This new guy has worked in football club Valencia for 10 years and took them from unknown club to Champions League finals. The shake-up was definately good for the team as previous managament (they have one of biggest store chains in Spain) didnt know how to manage sports and players werent happy with the situation.

ziv
03-23-2007, 12:00 PM
what's exactaly is johnny rogers' position there? anyway - he personally wasn't replace.

rikhardur
03-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Caja San Fernando 85 Pamesa Valencia 74
Girona 77 TAU 83
Bilbao 88 Granada 69

PHILIPeurobasket
03-25-2007, 05:24 AM
Caja San Fernando 85 Pamesa Valencia 74

I see that new Caja coach give Ignerski chances to play, and he play :)
"Igner" scored 20 points and has 6 rebounds - nice ;)

rikhardur
03-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Bruesa 68 Barcelona 76 (Navarro 27 pts)
Joventut 88 Unicaja 74
Alicante 61 Valladolid 73
Murcia 83 Estudiantes 85
Real Madrid 99 Fuenlabrada 79
Menorca 91 Gran Canaria 97

rikhardur
03-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Girona's Marc Gasol this round's MVP with 16 pts + 13 rebs + 2 blocks + 1 assist.

PHILIPeurobasket
03-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Roma, 26 mar. 2007 (EFE).- El pívot estadounidense Kris Lang, del VidiVici Bolonia y lesionado ayer en el partido perdido por su equipo en la cancha del Benetton Treviso, se perderá lo que resta de campaña al sufrir una lesión en la rodilla derecha, según ha informado su club.

Lang, de 27 años y 2,11 metros, cumple su segunda campaña en el VidiVici Bolonia y en el baloncesto italiano, donde estaba logrando en la presente unos promedios de 10,4 puntos y 5,1 rebotes por partido; muy similares a los 9,7 puntos y 5 rebotes con que concluyó en la anterior.

De momento, no se ha especificado la lesión que sufre Lang en la rodilla, pero sí que le impedirá jugar lo que resta de temporada

Guys can you help :) What mean this news :confused:

Buducnost PG
03-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Guys can you help :) What mean this news :confused:

Lang sufferd a injury against Benetton yesterday and will be out for the rest of the season.

PHILIPeurobasket
03-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Lang sufferd a injury against Benetton yesterday and will be out for the rest of the season.

OMG this is very bad info :(

http://grafika.wroclaw.e-basket.pl/photos/polska/02_03/play-off/slask_anwil3/02.jpg

rikhardur
03-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Full game torrent videos:

Girona vs TAU (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=3873) (24th March, round 26)
Joventut vs Unicaja (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=3874) (25th March, round 26)

mupp
03-26-2007, 09:51 PM
I see big chances in TAU since Maljkovic came. Vidal is his favourite player, without Rakocevic they could have a problems but now they are simply too strong to get any bad streak.

But this guy isn't good man on right place in my opinion :(

rikhardur
03-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Menorca signed centre Paul Shirley for the remainder of the season.

ziv
03-30-2007, 08:08 PM
acb announces two changes toward next season:
1. playoffs will be played the best of 3 through the quarters and semis and will remain best of at the finals.
2. one single year EL ticket will be awarded to the first team in the end of the regular season. the other to the champ. so far - two tickets are given to the top seeded at the end of the playoffs. (as far as my and babelfish's poor spanish manage to understand...)

gordie
03-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Traylor has spent almost the last 20 months recovering form a heart illness, which his agents say that he's completely recovered.
I have readed that his current weight was about 140-145 kg , what is 12-17 kg more that he used to have in nba.

Haha, being 17 more than Nba? I think he even struggle to walk...

Neozyrus
03-31-2007, 01:38 AM
Haha, being 17 more than Nba? I think he even struggle to walk...

:D :D Last game was his debut with the team and i saw him capable of doing 100 m in 9.3 seg, so i dont know what u r talking about :D ;)
By the way he did 9 points and 11 rebounds, with a 4/12 in fg, he showed some very good things but still has to improve a lot to get the competition rythm

rikhardur
03-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Fuenlabrada signed centre Lamont Barnes for the rest of the season.

rikhardur
03-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Barcelona 77 Menorca 65
Granada 70 Girona 88
Unicaja 74 Alicante 61
Estudiantes 87 Real Madrid 85
TAU 92 Caja San Fernando 76

rikhardur
04-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Pamesa Valencia 86 Gran Canaria 66
Fuenlabrada 89 Bruesa 82
Bilbao 67 Murcia 57
Joventut 76 Valladolid 69

rikhardur
04-02-2007, 06:54 AM
Fuenlabrada's Francesc Solana this round's MVP with 25 pts + 8 assists + 4 rebs + 1 steal.

rikhardur
04-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Full game torrent video:

Estudiantes vs Real Madrid (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4004) (31st March, round 27)

brc
04-02-2007, 08:35 PM
What do you think about Kerem's performance in this year?I want him back to Efes!:( Because we have a problems in guard position!:mad:

ziv
04-07-2007, 08:13 AM
wow - valencia recover a 18 points margin in the beginning of the 4th quarter to clinch a victory at girona, 74-71 the last quarter was 31-10 in favor of the orange guys. amazing.

Buducnost PG
04-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Dejan Milojevic of Pamesa Valenica is out for 4 weeks.

rikhardur
04-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Caja San Fernando signed former NBDL forward Steven Smith (203cm, 23).
Granada signed former NBA forward Scott Padgett.

Markoishvili
04-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Steven Smith was a hot commodity during summer, but turned down some Euroleague clubs in order to play in the NBA, now he must settle for mid-level spanish option.

ziv
04-08-2007, 05:48 PM
what the hell just happened in vitoria. i want a discreption of this lakovic 3-pointer that won barna the game 77-76.
how many consuctive home wins for tau did this game stopped?

Roy M
04-08-2007, 05:54 PM
what the hell just happened in vitoria. i want a discreption of this lakovic 3-pointer that won barna the game 77-76.

Tau allready lost to Real in midseason, at home.
but what a game today... Lako, Losser usually, with a hugh triplle in the last second.

CG
04-08-2007, 06:05 PM
so they are not unbeatable actually...

rikhardur
04-08-2007, 06:17 PM
And great game this afternoon for Rudy Fernández: 29 pts (6/7 FG, 2/5 3pt, 11/11 FT) + 5 steals.

The results so far in this 28th round:

Murcia 59 Real Madrid 74
Girona 71 Pamesa Valencia 74
Menorca 77 Fuenlabrada 71
Gran Canaria 71 Bilbao 55
Valladolid 87 Unicaja 85 :rolleyes: :p
Caja San Fernando 74 Joventut 87
TAU 76 Barcelona 77

PHILIPeurobasket
04-09-2007, 03:46 AM
Caja San Fernando 74 Joventut 87

Another good game by Michal Ignerski - this time 14 points and 8 rebounds, but his team lost another game and I think that we will not see Caja in play-offs :(

ziv
04-09-2007, 08:22 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q0xRFLhkg0c

woma
04-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Steven Smith was a hot commodity during summer, but turned down some Euroleague clubs in order to play in the NBA, now he must settle for mid-level spanish option.
Yeah, he is a good player, he reminds me younger version of Kelly McCarthy :).
With Smith going to CSF, it looks like Ignerski will have a problem to keep his minutes at current level...

Neozyrus
04-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah, he is a good player, he reminds me younger version of Kelly McCarthy :).
With Smith going to CSF, it looks like Igngerski will have a problem to keep his minutes at current level...

People in seville expect a lot from this man, and by the money the team are going to give him, he better is. :D

Another good game by Michal Ignerski - this time 14 points and 8 rebounds, but his team lost another game and I think that we will not see Caja in play-offs

Mmmm i was at the game, and he didnt make a bad game at all, but i think that he didnt make a good game neither, he did a few very good things for the team, but in the crucial moments he was just like the others important players of the team -- missing in action ;) . Jouventut didnt make a good game at all (except Rudy of course) and in the last quarter they won without doing nothing special.

It was an amazing game, an awesome game by 2 f4-level teams, so many great players, two coaches doing their best tactics, and an incredble final with lakovic hitting a 7m 3pointer after dribbling Scola in front of him. He really proved that hes a great player that can handle the pressure in the most important moments.
Scola, Navarro were just amazing, splitter is in great shape right now, jordi trias did a really good game in the paint scoring points, rebounding and assisting, rako was a little lower than expected but he was pretty good also, peker did a great defense, kakiuzis was as always, doing his job, and lakovic-prigioni annulled each other, but lakovic took out some of this genius in the last 2 secs to win the game, thats all.

I i think it was, with euroleague games included, around 24/25 games.

rikhardur
04-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Valladolid's Iván Corrales out for 6 months with an Achilles tendon rupture.

ziv
04-09-2007, 07:51 PM
thing with ignerski is pretty clear - he is not a 4 and not a 2. he's a big 3 and that's basiclly his only position. he can't guard big guys nor post-up them, and he's not fast enough to guard quick guards. the acb is probably the only league in europe which suits him cause that's where he can face tall 3's like him. but if he improve his driblling skills a bit and get stronger phisicaly he can and should be a great player for the acb.

PHILIPeurobasket
04-10-2007, 03:42 AM
thing with ignerski is pretty clear - he is not a 4 and not a 2. he's a big 3 and that's basiclly his only position. he can't guard big guys nor post-up them, and he's not fast enough to guard quick guards. the acb is probably the only league in europe which suits him cause that's where he can face tall 3's like him. but if he improve his driblling skills a bit and get stronger phisicaly he can and should be a great player for the acb.

Yes, he is tall and he his typical small forward, but he can play also like strong forward. Ignerski is very quick and he have good driblling skills - this is big plus for him! I think that if coach will give him chances he will play better and better ;) You will see that in next season "Igi" will be a key (maybe a leader) in Caja or other Spanish team :rolleyes:

rikhardur
04-10-2007, 10:13 AM
The rest of the games of the round 28 played yesterday:

Alicante 84 Granada 77
Estudiantes 95 Bruesa 81

Rudy Fernández was the round's MVP with 29 pts + 5 steals.

woma
04-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Getting stronger won't help him much, since he is "soft" mentally and he doesn't like to bang inside, so face-up game against other tall SF is his biggest asset, along with shooting over smaller defenders (he has quick release and good range on his jumper). And Ignerski is already 26 years old, he won't be much better as a player...

rikhardur
04-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Full game torrent video:

TAU vs Barcelona (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4157) (8th April, round 28)

rikhardur
04-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Real Madrid 78 Pamesa Valencia 66
Valladolid 97 Caja San Fernando 83
Bruesa 80 Gran Canaria 87

PHILIPeurobasket
04-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Valladolid 97 Caja San Fernando 83

Another good game by Ignerski - this time 16 points (he was leader in Caja) :)

Neozyrus
04-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Another good game by Ignerski - this time 16 points (he was leader in Caja) :)

He was one of the only three (with Videnov and Femerling- and maybe tskitishvilli), that did SOMETHING for the csf. He was really good in offense but he forgot a little to do his job in defense (Yebra and Hopkins were quite unstopable yesterday).

rikhardur
04-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Fuenlabrada 66 Barcelona 75
Unicaja 81 Menorca 83
Alicante 66 TAU 73
Joventut 83 Murcia 72

Menorca's Chris Moss the round's MVP with 20 pts + 14 rebs + 3 steals.

rikhardur
04-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Full game torrent video:

Real Madrid vs Pamesa Valencia (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4291) (14th April, round 29)

rikhardur
04-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Etosa Alicante signed Ademola Okulaja.

rikhardur
04-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Games played yesterday and the day before yesterday:

Barcelona 85 Joventut 80
Gran Canaria 79 Estudiantes 54
Murcia 70 Valladolid 62
Fuenlabrada 91 Alicante 69
Menorca 85 Bilbao 94
TAU 82 Bruesa 71
Real Madrid 83 Girona 72
Pamesa Valencia 77 Granada 72
Caja San Fernando 68 Unicaja 66

rikhardur
04-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Full game torrent video:

Real Madrid vs Girona (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4365) (18th April, round 30)

rikhardur
04-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Alicante 90 Real Madrid 83 (big surprise)

rikhardur
04-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Full game torrent video:

Barcelona vs Joventut (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4385) (19th April, round 30)

rikhardur
04-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Bruesa 78 Menorca 82
Estudiantes 72 TAU 93
Bilbao 82 Barcelona 69
Girona 80 Caja San Fernando 76
Valladolid 76 Pamesa Valencia 68
Unicaja 81 Fuenlabrada 66
Granada 81 Murcia 70
Joventut 95 Gran Canaria 74

Granada's Curtis Borchardt the round's MVP with 17 pts + 11 rebs + 5 blocks.

rikhardur
04-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Full game torrent video:

Alicante vs Real Madrid (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4421) (21st April, round 31)

rikhardur
04-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Granada's Curtis Borchardt out for 5 months with an injury again on his left shoulder.

rikhardur
04-26-2007, 07:09 AM
Bilbao 78 Girona 68
Real Madrid 80 TAU 68
Unicaja 93 Murcia 76

CG
04-26-2007, 06:58 PM
according to Rako last week he things they are unbeatable
i guess he is wrong...

rikhardur
04-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Valladolid signed young Belgian prospect Lionel Mineo (20, 218cm). He will play in Valladolid's B team for now.

rikhardur
04-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Fuenlabrada 67 Joventut 82
Caja San Fernando 73 Bilbao 96
Pamesa Valencia 91 Estudiantes 70
Menorca 84 Granada 79

rikhardur
04-29-2007, 09:06 PM
TAU 103 Valladolid 89
Barcelona 68 Unicaja 51
Murcia 81 Alicante 75
Real Madrid 77 Bruesa 70
Gran Canaria 79 Girona 77

TAU's Luis Scola the round's MVP with 25 pts + 7 assists.

rikhardur
04-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Full game torrent video:

Real Madrid vs Bruesa (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4547) (29th April, round 32)

rikhardur
05-02-2007, 09:36 PM
(Real Madrid 80 TAU 68 - played last week)
(Unicaja 93 Murcia 76 - played last week)
Bilbao 70 Pamesa Valencia 85
Granada 75 Barcelona 68

rikhardur
05-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Bruesa 66 Joventut 72
Alicante 70 Girona 89
Fuenlabrada 98 Caja San Fernando 75
Valladolid 79 Gran Canaria 83
Menorca 81 Estudiantes 79

Picek
05-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Menorca 81 Estudiantes 79
Baždarić with a buzzer :cool:
now they only need to win at Murcia and mission accomplished

rikhardur
05-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Menorca's Chris Moss this round's MVP (for the second time this season) with 23 pts + 11 rebs)

rikhardur
05-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Ricky Rubio was named the 2006-07 ACB Revelation Player after a vote of fans, coaches and players. Gran Canaria's guard Mario Fernández came second. Rubio is currently ACB's leader in steals (2.3 spg), having played 32 games so far with 19.3 mpg, 4.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg and 2.3 apg.
With 14 years old he became the youngest player to play in ACB.

rikhardur
05-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Pablo Prigioni was named the 2006-07 ACB Guard of the Year after a vote of fans, coaches, press and players. Real Madrid's Raül López came second. Prigioni repated last year's distinction and is currently ACB's leader in free throw percentage (92.5%), averaging 7.1 ppg, 4.3 apg and 1.8 spg.

rikhardur
05-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Juan Carlos Navarro and Rudy Fernández were named the 2006-07 ACB Forwards of the Year after a vote of fans, coaches, press and players.
Navarro was the top choice and repeated last year's distinction. He's played 33 games so far and is currently averaging 16.9 ppg and 3.4 apg in 29.9 mpg.
Rudy is currently averaging 16.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.8 apg and 2.2 spg in 27.5 mpg.

rikhardur
05-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Luis Scola and Felipe Reyes were named the 2006-07 ACB Centres of the Year after a vote of fans, coaches, press and players.
Scola was the top choice and repeated the distinction for the forth consecutive year. He's currently averaging 16.8 ppg and 7.2 rpg, 2.4 apg and 1.7 spg in 21.7 mpg.
Reyes is currently averaging 12.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg, and 1.4 spg.

Kidala
05-11-2007, 11:02 PM
What chances of Loncar to play for Unikaha?

rikhardur
05-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Gran Canaria 94 Alicante 82
Estudiantes 67 Unicaja 60
Barcelona 90 Valladolid 69
TAU 95 Bilbao 63
Murcia 69 Menorca 68
Girona 80 Fuenlabrada 60
Pamesa Valencia 90 Bruesa 68
Joventut 81 Real Madrid 70

Tomorrow: Caja San Fernando vs Granada

With today's games the playoffs have been set:

TAU vs Unicaja
Barcelona vs Girona
Real Madrid vs Pamesa Valencia
Joventut vs Gran Canaria

Apart from the Joventut vs Gran Canaria series, all the others seem quite interesting as to hint what team will advance. Real Madrid has been a bit under what it managed until late in the regular season (and especially in the beginning), as opposite to Pamesa which has been rising in the later rounds and managed to reach the playoffs. It's quite unpredictable imo. With Unicaja you never now, but I believe TAU is the favorite as well as Barcelona, although Girona did demonstrate more than once that they are a strong team. Highly interesting playoff first stage, it'll certainly be fun to follow.

rikhardur
05-12-2007, 11:10 PM
What chances of Loncar to play for Unikaha?
Are there rumours about his signing?

Picek
05-13-2007, 10:08 AM
so Alicante is relegated to LEB..
it's a huge upset 'cause they have a rather good roster with Quincy and Larry Lewis, Mous Sonko, Ademola Okulaja, Bruno Šundov etc. but obviously no team play..
it's interesting how the club managament didn't change Trifon Poch during the season...
Menorca stayed in the league, and they did it once again in the last round :D
I'm glad for Stojić and Baždarić..
Stojić will probably be MVP of the last round with 39 index points :cool:

elaj
05-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Are there rumours about his signing?
There were romours about Unicaja being interested in him.. but he got injured and they lost the interest.

rikhardur
05-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Caja San Fernando 78 Granada 91

Menorca's Mario Stojić the round's MVP with 25 pts + 6 rebs + 3 steals.

rikhardur
05-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Regular season final stats leaders:

PPG - Juan Carlos Navarro: 17.3
RPG - Curtis Borchardt: 10.5
APG - Pepe Sánchez: 4.5
SPG - Ricky Rubio: 2.3
BPG - Fran Vázquez: 2.0

rikhardur
05-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Full game torrent video:

Joventut vs Real Madrid (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4581) (12th May, round 34)

rikhardur
05-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Scola was named 2006-07 ACB MVP, winning the trophy for the second time (the first one was in the 2004-05 season). He averaged 17.0 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.8 rpg and 0.6 bpg.
Navarro came second in the voting, Borchardt third, Reyes fourth and Bullock fifth.

PHILIPeurobasket
05-14-2007, 07:52 PM
End of season for Michal Ignerski. In last game Polish forward scored 17 points and 10 rebounds. In all season, he play 34 games (27 in first 5), where averaged 9.9ppg and 4.5 rpg - nice results :)

Buducnost PG
05-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Is there any stream for the Real-Pamesa game?

rikhardur
05-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Is there any stream for the Real-Pamesa game?
It'll be broadcasted by La2, so no stream afaik :/

Buducnost PG
05-17-2007, 08:53 PM
What a game between Real and Valenica. Real won with 84-81 in a very dramatic ending. Valenica showed again that they are in a good shape lately and can make life difficult for Real.

rikhardur
05-18-2007, 09:58 PM
TAU 92 Unicaja 65 (1-0)
(Rakočević 33 pts, 8/9 3pt in 21 minutes :eek:)

Barcelona 80 Girona 69 (1-0)
(Lakovič 21 pts, 7/10 3pt)

Joventut 75 Gran Canaria 73 (1-0)

Buducnost PG
05-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Valenica beats Real with 70-67 in the 2nd game. Avdalovic with a 3-pointer with 15sec to go which gives Valenica a 69-67 lead. At the end he had 17 points with 5 assists. Very good game for him. The young Victor Claver socred 18 points and had also a very good game. I hope Valenica can beat real in this series.

rikhardur
05-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Katsikaris is doing a great job with the team. Valencia was miserable when he was hired, far away from times of glory, the path to it is being trailed again it seems.

rikhardur
05-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Full game torrent video:

Real Madrid vs Valencia (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4624) (17th May, playoff quarter-finals game 1)

Buducnost PG
05-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Full game torrent video:

Real Madrid vs Valencia (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4624) (17th May, playoff quarter-finals game 1)

Whey there are 2 sites now? I thought sporbit is off.:rolleyes:

rikhardur
05-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Whey there are 2 sites now? I thought sporbit is off.:rolleyes:
It's not anymore, I reported that in the Euroleague video thread. Sportbit started working again a few days ago, so now there are two good basketball trackers :)

EverGreen
05-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Is there any chance Milojevic will be back for Valencia any time soon?

I've watch both matchups between Valencia and RM and I'm quite impressed with Abdalovic, Claver and Timinskas from Valencia. Garces is very dissapointing.

RM been a better pg and centre. Both Bullock and Smith though are 2 of Europe's finest shooters.

Buducnost PG
05-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Is there any chance Milojevic will be back for Valencia any time soon?

I've watch both matchups between Valencia and RM and I'm quite impressed with Abdalovic, Claver and Timinskas from Valencia. Garces is very dissapointing.

RM been a better pg and centre. Both Bullock and Smith though are 2 of Europe's finest shooters.

No. Milojevic is out for the season. Real plays often very small. Because they have no big center. Often Reyes plays there. They are a small team. Bullock and Smith are also undersized for their position. Raul und Tunceri are not good at scoring. Both can ran the offense well and play good assists. But both are not top PG´s. If Real gets a better PG and a better Center then they will be very dangerous next season. Imagine they sign Papadopolus and Jasikevicius.;)

But Valenica played 2 very good games. Avdalovic was great in the 2nd game. In the first game he played a very good first half, but then get in foultrouble and so lost his rythm. If Avdalovic can keep his game from yesterday throught the whole series and Garces starts to play as in the last games of the regular season then Real will have a hard time.

Tau easily beats Malaga and leads 2-0 now. Rakocevic again with a fantastic game and 30 points. But i was very impressed about Ndong and his game today. He had 14 points and 11 rebounds. Nice center with very good size, very long arms, good shotblocker and also fast for player of his size. Malaga should keep him for the next season, too.

rikhardur
05-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Tau easily beats Malaga and leads 2-0 now. Rakocevic again with a fantastic game and 30 points.
He's being the star of the playoffs so far, magnificent.

Girona ties the series with a good win over Barcelona (85-70), Joventut not surprisingly pushes Gran Canaria to the brink of elimination. From all the games, I'm surprised that Unicaja don't seem to be an opponent at all against TAU. Perhaps they're showing their true face after all.

ziv
05-20-2007, 04:24 PM
i've watched the first game of barna-girona and again enjoyed watching pesic's boys. obviously he done some great job there. the team runs the floor so well, their transition and open court with both dribbler and fast forwards like salenga and san emetario is great. gasol is impressive inside and bagaric was also good on friday (kasun didn't play then - he did play today and was fouled out after just 3 minutes!!).
barna on the other hand plays - "give it to the gurads and move aside". lakovic, navaro and ukic are creating points for themselves and that only. they are some of the best creative players in the continent so the blue-red can win games while doing so but that's some ugly basketball. if girona wins this series (as i hope) next season will be the first year barna doesn't play EL a major upset to the managment (which offices are set in barcelona...).

Buducnost PG
05-20-2007, 04:56 PM
i've watched the first game of barna-girona and again enjoyed watching pesic's boys. obviously he done some great job there. the team runs the floor so well, their transition and open court with both dribbler and fast forwards like salenga and san emetario is great. gasol is impressive inside and bagaric was also good on friday (kasun didn't play then - he did play today and was fouled out after just 3 minutes!!).
barna on the other hand plays - "give it to the gurads and move aside". lakovic, navaro and ukic are creating points for themselves and that only. they are some of the best creative players in the continent so the blue-red can win games while doing so but that's some ugly basketball. if girona wins this series (as i hope) next season will be the first year barna doesn't play EL a major upset to the managment (which offices are set in barcelona...).

But what will happen if Tau, Real, Joventut and Barca reachs the 1/2 final. Tau and Malaga are in the EL next year because of the 3 year contract. Real is in because they won Uleb Cup. So if Joventut and Barca both lose there series in the 1/2 final who will go in the EL? A series for the 3rd place is not being played the last years. So Joventut was 3rd after the season and they might have the advantage.

ziv
05-21-2007, 11:50 AM
why r u so sure that real got a spanish ticket and the uc ticket? i remember uleb saying they won't allow 5 teams from the same country but they didn't once - with spain. why won't they do it again? anyway, in case you are correct, what happens to the extra UC ticket? rytas gets it? maybe it will be used as a wild-card for the managment to decied?

LuDux
05-21-2007, 12:48 PM
http://www.ulebcup.com/ulebcup/home/news/i/11280/448/uleb-cup-champion-real-madrid-earns-2007-08-euroleague-spot

rikhardur
05-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Caja San Fernando sacked coach Moncho López.

rikhardur
05-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Full game torrent video:

Valencia vs Real Madrid (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4631) (19th May, playoff quarter-finals game 2)

rikhardur
05-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Full game torrent video:

Gran Canaria vs Joventut (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4638) (20th May, playoff quarter-finals game 2)

rikhardur
05-25-2007, 07:20 AM
Real Madrid 100 Valencia 79 (2-1)

rikhardur
05-25-2007, 11:23 PM
TAU 88 Unicaja 63 (3-0)
TAU is the first team to qualify for the semis. Unicaja with just one face here (the poor one).

Joventut 63 Gran Canaria 74 (2-1)

Barcelona 84 Girona 77 (2-1)

rikhardur
05-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Full game torrent video:

Real Madrid vs Valencia (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4658) (24th May, playoff quarter-finals game 3)

rikhardur
05-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Valencia 80 Real Madrid 83 (1-3)
Real will play TAU in the semis. That sure will be interesting ;)

Nimonas
05-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Valencia 80 Real Madrid 83 (1-3)
Real will play TAU in the semis. That sure will be interesting ;)

I think Real will play against Joventut-Gran Canaria pair's winner

rikhardur
05-26-2007, 11:03 PM
I think Real will play against Joventut-Gran Canaria pair's winner
Thanks Nimonas, you're right, I misinterpreted the playoff table :)

Buducnost PG
05-27-2007, 08:42 AM
This was a very good series between Real and Pamesa. I would have liked to see a game 5. Pamesa played very good. With a health Milojevic and 1 or 2 good players they can battle for one EL spot next year.

each way
05-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Todays game will be interesting, pressure games for Barcelona and Badalona who were both expected to progress comfortably

rikhardur
05-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Gran Canaria 74 Joventut 71 OT (2-2)
Amazing Gran Canaria. Out of the series pairings, I expected this one to be the most clear as to what team would advance more easily.

rikhardur
05-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Girona 75 Barcelona 90 (1-3)
Barcelona in the semis to play TAU.

rikhardur
05-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Full game torrent video:

Valencia vs Real Madrid (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4661) (26th May, playoff quarter-finals game 4)

rikhardur
05-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Valladolid extended Vasco Evtimov's contract for two years.

rikhardur
05-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Joventut vs Gran Canaria (game 5) online broadcast here (http://mfile.akamai.com/19048/live/reflector:23125.asx?bkup=31280&prop=e).

german
05-29-2007, 09:32 PM
A little question. How strong is the position of Svetislav Pesic in Girona??

At the moment he speak many with the Berlin press about Alba. An he (not Alba!!) say that a comeback in Berlin is not unpossible in next season. The Alba managment say only he is surprised.
Pesic and the family live in Berlin and he for him is Alba like a children for him. His heart does not exclude a comeback. He respect the contract with Girona he say "you should never say never".

The most important article about him and Alba in german (http://www.morgenpost.de/content/2007/05/30/sport/902514.html)

I think Pesic say many things and one day later he say somthing else. But this is a nice topic in Berlin for the next days ;)

rikhardur
05-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Joventut 93 Gran Canaria 76 (3-2)
Rudy Fernández 23 pts (4/6 3pt) in 25 minues. Marcus Norris 24 pts (5/8 3pt) in 25 minutes.

The pairings for the semis:

TAU vs Barcelona
Real Madrid vs Joventut

ziv
05-31-2007, 05:04 AM
A little question. How strong is the position of Svetislav Pesic in Girona??

At the moment he speak many with the Berlin press about Alba. An he (not Alba!!) say that a comeback in Berlin is not unpossible in next season. The Alba managment say only he is surprised.
Pesic and the family live in Berlin and he for him is Alba like a children for him. His heart does not exclude a comeback. He respect the contract with Girona he say "you should never say never".

The most important article about him and Alba in german (http://www.morgenpost.de/content/2007/05/30/sport/902514.html)

I think Pesic say many things and one day later he say somthing else. But this is a nice topic in Berlin for the next days ;)
pesic did a great job with girona - i'd say he and plaza of real are the coaches of the year in spain. as for girona the club has a big a budget and some serious ambitions toward the next seasons - so i guess they'd want him to stay and will be able to back it with cash. and from pesic's point of view it seems like a better place for him (atm) then alba is.

rikhardur
05-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Loukas Mavrokefalidis and Justin Hamilton are no longer players of Pamesa Valencia. The club decided not to renew their contracts. Mavrokefalidis played 18 games, averaging 3.2 ppg, 1.4 rpg in 11 mpg and Hamilton played 17 games, with averages of 3 ppg, 1.6 rpg and 1 apg in 15 mpg.

rikhardur
05-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Real Madrid 72 Joventut 70 (1-0)

Picek
06-01-2007, 08:11 AM
pesic did a great job with girona - i'd say he and plaza of real are the coaches of the year in spain. as for girona the club has a big a budget and some serious ambitions toward the next seasons - so i guess they'd want him to stay and will be able to back it with cash. and from pesic's point of view it seems like a better place for him (atm) then alba is.
what is so great about Girona this year?
they had one of the biggest budget in the league and they couldn't go past quarters..
alongside Unicaja and Alicante they are the biggest dissapointment of the season..

ziv
06-01-2007, 12:22 PM
first of all - they won the euro-cup or whatever it's name is.
basiclly, they have a big budget but their roster is not as impressvie as top teams. they have no true superstar and they mostly signed not yet proved players or elder players. the youngsters (namely gasol, san emetario, sada and marinovic) all did a great job and i think much of it is thanks to pesic. the veterans also had a good season (espcially ariel but i think fucka too). btw - i think this year's budget was smaller than the year before (when they spent huge money on vasquez and lopez).
i'm dissapointed with the loss to barna in Q's but that's not a big failure for the team.
all in all - i watche several of their games this season, they play great basketball which i enjoied watching. the team got character, it has some roots to relay on for next seasons - unlike last season the feeling i got is that there's a good base and something good is happening there. i think most of it is thanks to pesic's work.

ziv
06-01-2007, 07:36 PM
2nd half of tau-barna on telemadrid --> la otra.

Roy M
06-01-2007, 07:55 PM
2nd half of tau-barna on telemadrid --> la otra.

Not a great quality of broadcast, but good game. to much triples.

rikhardur
06-01-2007, 11:28 PM
TAU 81 Barcelona 73 (1-0)
(Erdoğan 20 pts in 22 minutes)

rikhardur
06-02-2007, 09:31 PM

Real Madrid vs Joventut (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4688) (31st May, playoff semi-finals game 1)
TAU vs Barcelona (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4687) (1st June, playoff semi-finals game 1)

rikhardur
06-03-2007, 02:17 PM
TAU 76 Barcelona 83 (1-1)
(Scola 22 pts + 8 rebs + 4 steals | Navarro 22 pts)

Nimonas
06-03-2007, 03:20 PM
does anyone know how to watch today's game live on internet?

rikhardur
06-03-2007, 04:06 PM
does anyone know how to watch today's game live on internet?
The game will be broadcasted by La2, so no stream available afaik.

ziv
06-03-2007, 04:08 PM
regarding streams - the only games available are those who aren't on la2 and which are played in mid-week. you should check for those in telemadrid website.

Buducnost PG
06-03-2007, 07:46 PM
regarding streams - the only games available are those who aren't on la2 and which are played in mid-week. you should check for those in telemadrid website.

Some games could be also watched on Andalucia TV. They showed today the Tau-Barca game and show always one game per week at 12.30 o´clock.

So today both Barca and Joventut won their games on the road. Barca played a very good game. The 1st half they played the most time without Navarro, because he got 3 fouls immediately. Tau had the chance to tie the game to 79-79 but Prigioni missed a totaly open 3-pointer.

rikhardur
06-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Some games could be also watched on Andalucia TV. They showed today the Tau-Barca game and show always one game per week at 12.30 o´clock.
Online broadcast? I searched in their website but was unable to find any link to the channel broadcasting the games.

rikhardur
06-04-2007, 07:02 PM

TAU vs Barcelona (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4694) (3rd June, playoff semi-finals game 2)
Real Madrid vs Joventut (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4695) (3rd June, playoff semi-finals game 2)

Nimonas
06-07-2007, 02:57 PM
so maybe today's game will be broadcasted on internet?

rikhardur
06-07-2007, 04:36 PM
so maybe today's game will be broadcasted on internet?
It won't, it'll be once again broadcasted by La2.
But tomorrow's game will here (http://mfile.akamai.com/19048/live/reflector:23125.asx).

rikhardur
06-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Joventut 85 Real Madrid 71 (2-1)
(Fernández 16 pts + 7 assists | Reyes 15 pts)

rikhardur
06-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Barcelona 80 TAU 78 (1-2)
(Navarro 22 pts | Scola 27 pts + 5 rebs + 3 steals)

each way
06-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Will Rudy play tonight? :(

rikhardur
06-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Joventut 70 Real Madrid 72 (2-2)
(Bartoň 14 pts + 7 rebs | López 13 pts)

Rudy played just 14 minutes and scored 3 pts. It clearly saved the day for Real.

rikhardur
06-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Barcelona 71 TAU 77 (2-2)
(Lakovič 25 pts | Scola 17 pts + 8 rebs)

rikhardur
06-10-2007, 12:45 PM

Joventut vs Real Madrid (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4721) (7th June, playoff semi-finals game 3)
Barcelona vs TAU (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4720) (8th June, playoff semi-finals game 3)

rikhardur
06-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Marino Baždarić re-signed with Menorca for one more year.

Joško Poljak Fan
06-10-2007, 01:18 PM
sorry if it has been written somewhere before, but Barcelona needs to win the series vs. Tau in order to qualify for the euroleague, right?

rikhardur
06-10-2007, 02:30 PM
sorry if it has been written somewhere before, but Barcelona needs to win the series vs. Tau in order to qualify for the euroleague, right?
I actually don't know Matiz :|

Edit: Akis answered that now here :p: http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3249&page=6

rikhardur
06-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Full game torrent video:

Joventut vs Real Madrid (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4722) (9th June, playoff semi-finals game 4)

rikhardur
06-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Full game torrent video:

Barcelona vs TAU (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4727) (10th June, playoff semi-finals game 4)

Lucky
06-12-2007, 01:10 PM
GC Valladolid signed PF Brian Broddiker. (26, 2,04)
LBilbao Basket re-signed Fred Weiss. 2 more seasons in Bilbao.

LuDux
06-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Tau - Barcelona
http://mfile.akamai.com/19048/live/reflector:23125.asx?bkup=31280&prop=e
Real - Joventut ?
mms://a504.l1904842503.c19048.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/504/19048/v0001/reflector:42503
from
http://www.myp2p.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14008

CG
06-12-2007, 09:14 PM
after tonight s games i think that:

1.Europe found the next looser team.As i told in the F4 TAU continues to make me believe that.Manage again to lose all the cups without playing in a single final!!!
2.Even if you have huge budget very talented players nothing is granted.You need more.
3.Boza as again told some months ago was the failure of the team.I am bored to write his mistakes again and again but to put ROE instead of Teletovic and Peker...
4.I am glad for Kakiouzis.Great guy.Even if he scored 4 points from the moment his coach put him in the game Barcha change her style and took the lead.
5.Navaro is so good.Surely the best SG in Europe.Great star

rikhardur
06-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Real Madrid 65 Joventut 61 (3-2)
(Bullock 16 pts | Fernández 15 pts + 4 steals)

TAU 79 Barcelona 95 (2-3)
(Erdoğan 19 pts | Basile 24 pts + 6 rebs)

So, it's a classic final :)
I generally agree with what crazy green posted.
TAU is one of my favorite teams, they have this awesome potential, but they throw it away in the decisive moments. As for Boža, no comments.

T.W.Is.M.
06-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Is it true that in the Madrid game the refs at the end slaughtered Joventut?That's what I've heard.

Levenspiel
06-13-2007, 07:01 PM
TAU was truly a great team and they were the favorites of every competition they participated.... till?

Too bad! :rolleyes:

rikhardur
06-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Full game torrent video:

Real Madrid vs Joventut (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4739) (12th June, playoff semi-finals game 5)

T.W.Is.M.
06-14-2007, 08:04 PM
when do the finals start?

rikhardur
06-14-2007, 08:39 PM
when do the finals start?
Next Sunday.

T.W.Is.M.
06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Next Sunday.

so there is time 4 me 2 get the necessary equipment in order 2 watch them(but not game 1).without having seen the teams much I would give 50-50 chances 2 both.Real may have the home court advantage but Barca has proven 2 b very dangerous and unpredictable.the fact that they won twice in Vitoria(I don't care if TAU r losers, Fernando Buesa Arena is the hottest arena in Spain) proves that home court advantage doesn't mean much 4 them.
no need 2 say that I will support Barcelona in the finals right?(every Oly fan likes Barca and dislikes Real Madrid so...)

Picek
06-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Real leads the series 1-0
Tomas was great in the last quarter..
Plaza put him on Navarro and he was great..
he also scored a decisive triple in the last minute :cool:

great game infront of 15 000 fans..
f*ck NBA, ACB rules :cool:

A_12_92
06-18-2007, 01:12 AM
somebody has a torrent for the first acb finals game???

f*ck NBA, ACB rules
agree

rikhardur
06-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Valladolid signed Georgios Pavlidis from Bruesa for one season.

A_12_92
06-18-2007, 07:56 PM
please a torrent for the first game, please,

rikhardur
06-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Hopefully it'll come in the next few days, wait some more time :)

rikhardur
06-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Pamesa Valencia signed Rebrača for one season.

rikhardur
06-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Full game torrent video:

Real Madrid vs Barcelona (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4770) (17th June, playoff finals game 1)

rikhardur
06-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Real Madrid 83 Barcelona 80 (2-0)
(Reyes 23 pts + 7 rebs, Bullock 21 pts | Basile 18 pts, Kakiouzis 17 pts + 8 rebs)

rikhardur
06-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Full game torrent video:

Real Madrid vs Barcelona (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4784) (19th June, playoff finals game 2)

rikhardur
06-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Barcelona 75 Real Madrid 70 (1-2)
(Navarro 18 pts + 5 rebs, Marconato 10 pts + 7 rebs | Bullock 21 pts, Tunçeri 12 pts)

rikhardur
06-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Full game torrent video:

Barcelona vs Real Madrid (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4804) (22nd June, playoff finals game 3)

PHILIPeurobasket
06-24-2007, 07:43 PM
REAL MADRID, CAMPEÓN DE LA ACB!!

http://www.acb.com/fotos/25271_3_43001_3.jpg

71:82 for Real and final result was 3-1.

Congratulate !!! :)

rikhardur
06-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Congratulations to Real Madrid, all in all they deserved it, considering the excellent regular season they had.
Felipe Reyes (21 pts + 2 rebs + 1 assist + 1 block) named the MVP of the final game.

rikhardur
06-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Full game torrent video:

Barcelona vs Real Madrid (http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4815) (24th June, playoff finals game 4)