PDA

View Full Version : Spain NT 2014

Gonzaka
09-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Orenga will continue as head coach for the 2014 World Cup.

3Trj1H8WLoE

Luíz for 3
09-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Orenga will continue as head coach for the 2014 World Cup.

3Trj1H8WLoE

With Pau and JCN back on track you don't even need to be worried about the coach, they can do something like this:

WzGY9aAdgmQ

rikhardur
05-20-2014, 03:30 AM
NT coach Orenga admits it'll be difficult to choose between Ibaka and Mirotić (here (http://www.marca.com/2014/05/13/baloncesto/mundial/1399970541.html)).

The president of the Spanish federation says they will keep fighting to get two naturalised players in the NT, but recognises that will be almost impossible until the WC (here (http://www.marca.com/2014/04/11/baloncesto/1397247919.html)).

Giorgos Alexopoulos
05-22-2014, 03:18 PM
hello,dou you know if reyes will play this summer?

rikhardur
05-22-2014, 06:30 PM
hello,dou you know if reyes will play this summer?
Orenga said recently he's on his list.

Giorgos Alexopoulos
05-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Orenga said recently he's on his list.

thank you.do you know anything about his selections?

rikhardur
05-23-2014, 12:28 AM
thank you.do you know anything about his selections?
He doesn't provide details about his list, but he says Gasol brothers, Navarro, Rudy Fernández, Sergio Rodríguez and Felipe Reyes will be there. The rest will be announced "three or four days" after the end of the ACB playoffs.
http://baloncesto.as.com/baloncesto/2014/05/12/mas_baloncesto/1399921708_476831.html

CKR13
06-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Serge Ibaka update
http://news.rotowire.com/Serge-Ibaka-googid200126-spnba.htm

Joško Poljak Fan
06-03-2014, 09:29 AM
I guess that means Mirotić is off the team and will further try to switch to Montenegro NT. Defense in the low post Ibaka provides is just something Spanish NT needs more I guess. Any recent development on that?

Oly_fan
06-03-2014, 12:58 PM
I guess that means Mirotić is off the team and will further try to switch to Montenegro NT. Defense in the low post Ibaka provides is just something Spanish NT needs more I guess. Any recent development on that?

Just about any european team has stretch 4s, capable of doing what the Spurs did, pull him out of the paint.

Raze Lupin
06-17-2014, 05:14 AM
Just about any european team has stretch 4s, capable of doing what the Spurs did, pull him out of the paint.

I don't believe that is true and even IF it is true it doesn't diminish Ibaka's defensive value to Spain. Ibaka can guard even point guards effectively on the perimeter while still recovering to the basket. Getting Ibaka out from the basket is only solving part of the problem he poses to the offense.

Gonzaka
07-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Our squad:

G: José Manuel Calderón, Ricky Rubio, Sergio Rodríguez
F: Juan Carlos Navarro, Rudy Fernández, Sergio Llull, Álex Abrines
F/C: Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka, Felipe Reyes, Víctor Claver

Invited players to the pre-championship games: Pau Ribas, Dani Díez, Guillermo Hernangómez.

Abrines instead of San Emeterio. The rest are the expected players. I like it.

FIRE ORENGA.

Giorgos Alexopoulos
07-01-2014, 10:33 AM
abrines in the final squad?is it fianal?
Our squad:

G: José Manuel Calderón, Ricky Rubio, Sergio Rodríguez
F: Juan Carlos Navarro, Rudy Fernández, Sergio Llull, Álex Abrines
F/C: Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka, Felipe Reyes, Víctor Claver

Invited players to the pre-championship games: Pau Ribas, Dani Díez, Guillermo Hernangómez.

Abrines instead of San Emeterio. The rest are the expected players. I like it.

FIRE ORENGA.

Gonzaka
07-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Yes. The 12-player roster is the final one and only one.

INTEGRAL
07-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Is Mirotic waiting for Ibaka dies?

ThePeraCar
07-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Is Mirotic waiting for Ibaka dies?

hahahaha epic i would call him to play for Serbian NT

CKR13
07-14-2014, 11:50 PM
I love Spain's jersey design for this year. Modernity in hyper-coloured fabric with mesh wavelength patterns on the side.

Light
http://cdn.triangleoffense.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/spain1-300x200.jpg

Dark
http://cdn.triangleoffense.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/spain2-300x225.jpg

Raze Lupin
07-15-2014, 02:06 AM
hahahaha epic i would call him to play for Serbian NT

You would take Ibaka on Serb team? Hmmm double eagle Ibaka ould be interesting?

Raze Lupin
07-15-2014, 02:07 AM
I love Spain's jersey design for this year. Modernity in hyper-coloured fabric with mesh wavelength patterns on the side.

Light
http://cdn.triangleoffense.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/spain1-300x200.jpg

Dark
http://cdn.triangleoffense.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/spain2-300x225.jpg

Looks just like the China uniforms.

ThePeraCar
07-15-2014, 02:18 AM
You would take Ibaka on Serb team? Hmmm double eagle Ibaka ould be interesting?
no racist remarks, thx
JPF

PRSURF
07-15-2014, 02:32 AM
no racist remarks, thx
JPF
wow...

ThePeraCar
07-15-2014, 02:42 AM
wow...

well i dont know what is the point of naturalizing american players and taking them to NT its really stupid except if they were born in my country

Raze Lupin
07-15-2014, 03:17 AM
well i dont know what is the point of naturalizing american players and taking them to NT its really stupid except if they were born in my country

Ibaka is not American but I get your point.

Raze Lupin
07-15-2014, 03:20 AM
So Mirotić and Pau Gasol will both be playing for the Chicago Bulls!

http://mondo.rs/Comment/StandardComment/667961/Sport/Kosarka/NBA-Mirotic-uz-Pau-Gasola.html/

ThePeraCar
07-15-2014, 03:26 AM
So Mirotić and Pau Gasol will both be playing for the Chicago Bulls!

http://mondo.rs/Comment/StandardComment/667961/Sport/Kosarka/NBA-Mirotic-uz-Pau-Gasola.html/

LOL WHAT A SOURCE xD i saw it on NBA tv that Mirotic is signing 3 year 17$M deal

Giorgos Alexopoulos
07-15-2014, 05:09 PM
hey guys,can anyone explain me something about ilimane diop?he has play for u16 and u18 of spain.if he plays for the national team of spain he will play as naturalize just like ibaka or no?thank you in advance

Federoy
07-16-2014, 01:36 PM
no racist remarks, thx
JPF

wow...

To this forum's credit, it's been a LONG LONG time since I've read some ignorant, racist shit like that. That was completely unnecessary, and it anything, confirms stereotypical attitudes about the ramped bigotry in Eastern Europe.

ThePeraCar
07-16-2014, 01:40 PM
To this forum's credit, it's been a LONG LONG time since I've read some ignorant, racist shit like that. That was completely unnecessary, and it anything, confirms stereotypical attitudes about the ramped bigotry in Eastern Europe.

nevermind

Federoy
07-16-2014, 01:49 PM
[deleted] - levenspiel

You're ignorant as hell. I don't give a rat's ass what you call yourself, the word is distasteful and has no place on this forum. And yeah, you fucking know better.

ThePeraCar
07-16-2014, 02:13 PM
You're ignorant as hell. I don't give a rat's ass what you call yourself, the word is distasteful and has no place on this forum. And yeah, you fucking know better.

You're ignorant

Mr Chacho
07-19-2014, 06:30 PM
hey guys,can anyone explain me something about ilimane diop?he has play for u16 and u18 of spain.if he plays for the national team of spain he will play as naturalize just like ibaka or no?thank you in advance

I tkink no, if you become spanish or other nacionality at the age of 16 (the limit age), you won't play as naturalize, you will play as a spanish.

mangangalakal
08-09-2014, 08:18 AM
I tkink no, if you become spanish or other nacionality at the age of 16 (the limit age), you won't play as naturalize, you will play as a spanish.

That's right. If a player is naturalized before his 16th birthday he will not be counted as a naturalized player. Japan also has a naturalized U16 player, Rui Hachimura.

HeinrichMohr
08-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Ibaka is playing quite well during the preparation games. Hope that Abrines can be ready soon to see what he's able to add.

Gonzaka
09-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Hi again!

Congratulations, France. Great game and, as Baskonia fan, congratulations Heurtel. You were huge. And in the other hand, we were horrible. Media selling the Spain-USA before the round of 16 and this, something like 2007, is what happens:

FIRE ORENGA!

HeinrichMohr
09-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Hi again!

Congratulations, France. Great game and, as Baskonia fan, congratulations Heurtel. You were huge. And in the other hand, we were horrible. Media selling the Spain-USA before the round of 16 and this, something like 2007, is what happens:

FIRE ORENGA!

In capital letters.

Darrell Armstrong
09-10-2014, 10:47 PM
First fire the guy who brought Orenga (and Scariolo) aboard. Then you can go find another coach. This time, please, a real coach.

usagre
09-11-2014, 12:41 AM
is it possible for ibaka to unnaturalize himself so he can play for a team and a coach that might actually know how to use him?

Khalid80
09-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Hi again!

FIRE ORENGA!

Most probably he will be fired because right now it seems that he won't resign from his position as head coach ;)

Spain coach Orenga refuses to resign after World Cup defeat

MADRID, Sept. 11 (Xinhua)

-- Spain coach Juan Antonio Orenga has refused for the moment to resign from his position despite his side's shock exit from the FIBA Basketball World Cup.

Spain, who had cruised into the quarterfinals by winning all of their games, were shock victims of a 65-52 defeat to a French side they had earlier beaten 88-64 in the group stage.

The defeat is a huge shock to the home fans, who had been anticipating a final against the USA and the change to avenge their 2008 and 2012 defeats in the Olympic Games to the Americans and chants of "Orenga resign" rang around the Palacio de Deportes in the closing minute of the match.

Speaking later, Orenga commented that "the most important thing is not the shouts, but having lost the game and not being able to fight for the medals. The saddest, most angry and annoyed person here is me," he said, adding he didn't want to discuss his resignation "on the spur of the moment".

"This is the worst defeat of my career, because I was convinced we were the best side and it is a really hard day. We had hopes of reaching the final, but it wasn't possible. France played a great game and were magnificent in defense. We levelled matters in the third quarter and we were not good on rebounds," said Orenga.

Shooting guard, Juan Carlos Navarro was, however, critical of Spain's preparation for such an important game.

"We thought we had already won the quarterfinal and look what happened," said the veteran shooting guard.

"This is an ambitious side, but today we didn't show that. The French were better than us in every aspect and nothing went right today. We missed shots and they won all of the rebounds," he lamented.

Meanwhile Pau Gasol, Spain's best player throughout the competition, insisted they had prepared the game, "just like any other, but this time we were lacking in concentration. It's hard, but it's part of the game," he said.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/sports/2014-09/11/c_133636207.htm

Mr Chacho
09-11-2014, 11:15 AM
fire pepe sáez

HeinrichMohr
09-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Most probably he will be fired because right now it seems that he won't resign from his position as head coach ;)

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/sports/2014-09/11/c_133636207.htm

Spain: The country where NO ONE resigns.

Gonzaka
09-11-2014, 12:55 PM
The only thing makes me happy about this loss is to watch the face of our DEAR LEADER Pepe Sáez, the man who mortgaged the Spanish basketball below ACB for the organization of this World Cup. He will do a press conference tomorrow.

http://estaticos04.marca.com/imagenes/2009/05/26/baloncesto/seleccion/1243354568_0.jpg

BTW, what a start of Phillip VI: failure at football and failure at basketball.

Khalid80
09-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Spain: The country where NO ONE resigns.

OT: That's quite interesting... Why is that?

I know none of us want to be Orenga's place, but if I were (may God forbid), the first thing I would do is resign because I would consider that I have failed both my team and country by not preparing well for this game and making the proper adjustments as the game was being played... And on top of that the WC is being played in my country so that would even make it even worse for me to continue as the head coach knowing that I have disappointed and broken the hearts of millions...
Also if Spain wasn't expected to reach the finals and challenge for the gold medal this would have been different but everyone had high hopes and expectations from this Spanish NT

HeinrichMohr
09-11-2014, 01:29 PM
OT: That's quite interesting... Why is that?

I know none of us want to be Orenga's place, but if I were (may God forbid), the first thing I would do is resign because I would consider that I have failed both my team and country by not preparing well for this game and making the proper adjustments as the game was being played... And on top of that the WC is being played in my country so that would even make it even worse for me to continue as the head coach knowing that I have disappointed and broken the hearts of millions...
Also if Spain wasn't expected to reach the finals and challenge for the gold medal this would have been different but everyone had high hopes and expectations from this Spanish NT

I would resign too. Unfortunately no one resigns here when it's the right moment, not only in sports but also politicians or any person with some responsibility. The point is that we shouldn't put the blame entirely on Orenga but on the person who picked him, especially because he's a coach with a very short career and lacks the experience, character, passion and probably knowledge to command a national team that had the historical chance to win the world cup at home. The worst of all is that i have the feeling that if this coaching staff prevails, we won't have any chance to participate in the next olympic games. So good-bye Rio.

Giorgos Alexopoulos
09-11-2014, 03:14 PM
orenga has contract with spain?will he remain on his position or ge will go away?

Gonzaka
09-12-2014, 11:30 AM
The Leader talks (http://www.marca.com/2014/09/12/baloncesto/mundial/espana/1410517210.html).

He says today is not the moment to sack Orenga. I hope maybe tomorrow.

HeinrichMohr
09-12-2014, 12:16 PM
The Leader talks (http://www.marca.com/2014/09/12/baloncesto/mundial/espana/1410517210.html).

He says today is not the moment to sack Orenga. I hope maybe tomorrow.

He will probably continue working for the federation as a member of the staff. The only problem is that his salary was raised when was named as a main coach so Sáez will probably negotiate with him to find a solution.

HeinrichMohr
09-12-2014, 10:27 PM
This is interesting:

"People asked for Del Bosque's head too"

Signed: Juan Antonio Orenga.

Now check about facts. Del Bosque won the World Cup 2010 and Euro 2012. Orenga was fired from Estudiantes in the middle of the 2005-06 season in his only professional experience before becoming part of the federation staff.

Milos.Djuric
09-12-2014, 10:54 PM
This is interesting:

"People asked for Del Bosque's head too"

Signed: Juan Antonio Orenga.

Now check about facts. Del Bosque won the World Cup 2010 and Euro 2012. Orenga was fired from Estudiantes in the middle of the 2005-06 season in his only professional experience before becoming part of the federation staff.

Oh my god. It's like he is the leader of N. Korea (no offense to Kim Jong-Un).

Gonzaka
09-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Orenga resigned.

Now… What is the sense of life?

christodoulou76
09-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Orenga resigned.

Shouldn't you change your signature? :D

Giorgos Alexopoulos
09-17-2014, 07:22 AM
today i read that orenga quit.do you know who can replace him?

Khalid80
09-17-2014, 09:06 AM
Orenga resigned.

Justice finally ;)

ThePeraCar
09-17-2014, 09:08 AM
Pablo Laso? :D

Gonzaka
09-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Shouldn't you change your signature? :DDone.

Toxicity
09-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Scariolo is free... isn't it? :p

serbianhoops
09-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Famous baseball player Babe Ruth once said: "The way a team plays as a whole determines its success".

The way Juan Antonio Orenga made Spain play as a whole determined its failure. Orenga's "double post, three out" tactic was a good idea at a first sight. Spain's twin towers or better said "bro towers" Gasols are very good post players, and I guess Orenga used them to have size domination and to create space for long-rang shots. Unfortunately for him, by using them together it also created a giant traffic jam in the paint, preventing backcourters to drive and attack the rim more often.

In my opinion, Spain desesperately lacked a stretch 4 who spaces out the floor with his accuracy from long distance. Jorge Garbajosa used to be that guy, whereas Felipe Reyes was a true facilitator with his intensity and feel for the game at the 4 spot.

Orenga's major mistake was clearly to pick Serge Ibaka over Nikola Mirotic, especially with Victor Claver coming out of a bad season in NBA.

Raze Lupin
09-18-2014, 08:40 PM
Famous baseball player Babe Ruth once said: "The way a team plays as a whole determines its success".

The way Juan Antonio Orenga made Spain play as a whole determined its failure. Orenga's "double post, three out" tactic was a good idea at a first sight. Spain's twin towers or better said "bro towers" Gasols are very good post players, and I guess Orenga used them to have size domination and to create space for long-rang shots. Unfortunately for him, by using them together it also created a giant traffic jam in the paint, preventing backcourters to drive and attack the rim more often.

In my opinion, Spain desesperately lacked a stretch 4 who spaces out the floor with his accuracy from long distance. Jorge Garbajosa used to be that guy, whereas Felipe Reyes was a true facilitator with his intensity and feel for the game at the 4 spot.

Orenga's major mistake was clearly to pick Serge Ibaka over Nikola Mirotic, especially with Victor Claver coming out of a bad season in NBA.

Serge Ibaka > Nikola Mirotic. Ibaka defense alone gives Spain an edge.

Gonzaka
09-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Orange's biggest mistake was to use only 8-9 players in his usual rotation. Abrines and Claver without minutes and a guy like Felipe Reyes in the bench instead of using him when Marc and Ibaka weren't having a good day.

And the fact that in 2013 and 2014 he didn't win any close game. Definitively, he's not a clutch coach.

ThePeraCar
09-18-2014, 09:05 PM
you need pablo laso on your bench!!!