LKL semi finals 2014. Lrytas vs Zalgiris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LKL semi finals 2014. Lrytas vs Zalgiris

It probably should not warrant a new thread,but hey,how offen can you include a poll which is relevant?
    So ,let me jump straight to the topic.
    Am i surprised to see those two teams to meet for the very first time in 15 or so years in semis,not in a final?
    No,not really...or...Yes,I am.I just do not know which way a feel because it is always 50/50.The very core of why they are meeting in semis is very simple - lrytas chose so to do in the last game of the season.They did not have to win,but alas,they went va bank....Lrytas ..Gosh...Whether it was a wise decision or not,we shall not have to wait for long.
    Yeah,Zalgiris lost some games,when Euroleague season was full on.Regardless,both teams are still top 2 in Lithuania by a large margin.Either way,there is no need to bother about finals,or 3rd place series.But I never felt that Zalgiris was vulnerable at a local front,regardless of those numerous loses in Europe.
    Now,regarding this encounter -
    I was trying to think of all cons and pros teams have against each other ,and there is just too many to mention them all.
    So,at least for myself,I extracted this - Zalgiris is a better team.Lrytas is a stronger team.
    Words like "better" and "stronger" in some context might be synonyms,but not here.
    Zalgiris is better - how? That's easy - they have better core players and they had better/stronger opponents to play against in Europe.Nevermind that they did not win that much,and because lrytas failed(struggled) miserable in Europe
    Names, you ask? Javtokas,Jankunas,Pocius,Detmont,Jasikevicius(let' s give him a benefit of the doubt nowadays,shall we?).Apart from obvious(Detmont),they are/were a starters in our NT team.None of that in Lrytas.
    Lrytas is stronger as a unit,right? None of that elite quality,past or present,with only Seibutis being a top notch NT player.Gecevicius and Kavaliauskas had been there(NT team,not top players),some time ago.But as a team,they always get better towards end of the season,getting rid off dead meat as season progresses.
    Maybe it is off topic,but that is how things go- Zalgiris always seems to lose best players during the season,yet Lrytas always signs cheap in pre-season,only to pay premium (ahh,Beobasket to the rescue) in the mids.
    So,to total it up -
    no clear favourites,at least for me.

If it was best of 5 or 7,iI would go for Lrytas.
    Quality before quantity?
    Just because I am Zalgiris fan.

edit..
    nooo,why there is no poll option?God damn it
    Please, add this -

Lrytas -Zalgiris 2-0
    Lrytas -Zalgiris 2-1
    Lrytas -Zalgiris 0-2
    Lrytas -Zalgiris 1-2

Mods?
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

A lot of names and the level is still disappointing. Maybe they will prove me wrong and that will be an intense and fun semi(finals). Žalgiris should show some guts to win it because I can see Rytas as a better team at the moment. A lot will depend what kind of player Pocius will be (inconsistent as always and still recovering from the injury) in these series. When the best thing you can see is the lambency of the veterants - Songaila and Javtokas - you're not happy about the level of top clubs. And no, Seibutis is not a top notch NT player. He happened to be the starter in the season when both Pocius and Gecevičius basically didn't play all season. Anyway, Žalgiris has more talented young guns who might face some playing time - so I like Žalgiris team better this year. Depite some untasty losses, Žalgiris did a good job developing Čižauskas, Gudaitis, Dimša. Hopefully they will add Grigonis, Ulanovas and that's the core which could be legit in the future.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      A lot of names and the level is still disappointing.
      Exactly. Probably that's the reason I'm not pumped up by this match-up at all. The team that will want it more, will win it and judging how Zalgiris looked emotionless in all LKL season, including games vs Rytas, I can't see them to be able to give a decent fight and moreover win it. 2-0 Rytas, most probably without too much sweat

Comment

Well, it was a good game actually. 90:85 Rytas takes first win. Songaila was the key player for Rytas. Krapikas made a very questionable decision to keep Čižauskas instead of Jasikevičius at the end of the game. Youg fella was too exited, couldn't handle the ball all game long. I liked the intensity. It's actually sad it's 2 wins series.

PS: Again, Gudaitis looks like a strong dude who doesn't shy away from contact. His quickness in the defence is quesionable, but I can see a good upside overall.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          Well, it was a good game actually. 90:85 Rytas takes first win. Songaila was the key player for Rytas. Krapikas made a very questionable decision to keep Čižauskas instead of Jasikevičius at the end of the game. Youg fella was too exited, couldn't handle the ball all game long. I liked the intensity. It's actually sad it's 2 wins series.

PS: Again, Gudaitis looks like a strong dude who doesn't shy away from contact. His quickness in the defence is quesionable, but I can see a good upside overall.
          I saw this superb game, and need to admit, Cizauskas still doesn,t have any progress in his game. In last two minutes, Cizauskas and Dentmon both of them made so dumb turnovers that just destroyed own team. And certainly, the fact that Krapikas eventually chose in crucial moments of the game Cizauskas instead of Saras was really ridiculous... Seems like his prerogative always to work as assistant of head coach...

Comment

Lrytas.tv - vienas populiariausių video kanalų lietuviškame internete. Lrytas.tv - tai portalas, kuriame pateikiamos karščiausios naujienos iš Lietuvos ir viso pasaulio. Įvykiai Lietuvoje, verslas, sportas, komentarai, diskusijos ir daugiau. Lrytas.tv per mėnesį sulaukia daugiau nei 1,5 mln. auditorijos, kuri peržiūri daugiau nei 3 mln. video turinio.

Lrytas.tv - vienas populiariausių video kanalų lietuviškame internete. Lrytas.tv - tai portalas, kuriame pateikiamos karščiausios naujienos iš Lietuvos ir viso pasaulio. Įvykiai Lietuvoje, verslas, sportas, komentarai, diskusijos ir daugiau. Lrytas.tv per mėnesį sulaukia daugiau nei 1,5 mln. auditorijos, kuri peržiūri daugiau nei 3 mln. video turinio.

http://tv.lrytas.lt/?id=14000899101398664833 !!!!

Game 3
            Lrytas - Zalgiris
            Superb decider,if you do not know the score I would suggest watching the game in full.

Yep,for me,this head bump had won it all.Pocius coming out injured,yet...There was this feeling of intimate trust and apology as in "i can not do it all",that lacked in Lrytas when Seibutis got injured too,yet he decided to stay on the court and bide his time
            edit - added missing link for third quarter
            Last edited by auris1; 05-23-2014, 12:51 AM.
            And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information