Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ways of watching Lithuanian teams in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways of watching Lithuanian teams in the US?

I am fairly new to following European basketball and am trying to find various ways to watch games in the US. I discovered livebasketball.tv, which is awesome. I was able to watch most of Eurobasket (at least in replays when it was geoblocked live) and I'm now following mostly Zalgiris, with a bit of Unicaja and others mixed in. However that site often doesn't play, and almost never replays, Rytas games for example. Are there other and better sources for various LKL teams? I hope this isn't in violation of any forum rules - I am neither trying to encourage anyone to advertise or promote any sites, nor am I asking for illegal links or anything like that. Just trying to be a fan in the US. Thanks in advance for any advice.

http://www.sportotv.lt/ broadcasts some LKL/NKL games. Also there're pages like http://www.sportcategory.com/c-6.html or http://streamhunter.net/basketball where you can find some Lith matches

Comment

Originally posted by LithuanianCramWatch View Post
      I am fairly new to following European basketball and am trying to find various ways to watch games in the US. I discovered livebasketball.tv, which is awesome. I was able to watch most of Eurobasket (at least in replays when it was geoblocked live) and I'm now following mostly Zalgiris, with a bit of Unicaja and others mixed in. However that site often doesn't play, and almost never replays, Rytas games for example. Are there other and better sources for various LKL teams? I hope this isn't in violation of any forum rules - I am neither trying to encourage anyone to advertise or promote any sites, nor am I asking for illegal links or anything like that. Just trying to be a fan in the US. Thanks in advance for any advice.
      I think i can help you there - and it is perfectly legal way to do it .All you have to do is to visit official lrytas.lt website,where they host numerous games of this team.
      For those who are unaware ,and to be clear for the rest- Lietuvos Rytas - that is the name of one of the newspapers in Lithuania,who also have tv channel under the same name,and they sponsor the bb team.Their website have video archive ,where all the links below comes from.
      Euro cup
      Lrytas.tv - vienas populiariausių video kanalų lietuviškame internete. Lrytas.tv - tai portalas, kuriame pateikiamos karščiausios naujienos iš Lietuvos ir viso pasaulio. Įvykiai Lietuvoje, verslas, sportas, komentarai, diskusijos ir daugiau. Lrytas.tv per mėnesį sulaukia daugiau nei 1,5 mln. auditorijos, kuri peržiūri daugiau nei 3 mln. video turinio.

VTB
      Lrytas.tv - vienas populiariausių video kanalų lietuviškame internete. Lrytas.tv - tai portalas, kuriame pateikiamos karščiausios naujienos iš Lietuvos ir viso pasaulio. Įvykiai Lietuvoje, verslas, sportas, komentarai, diskusijos ir daugiau. Lrytas.tv per mėnesį sulaukia daugiau nei 1,5 mln. auditorijos, kuri peržiūri daugiau nei 3 mln. video turinio.

LKL

Miscellaneous
      And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

I am fairly new to following European basketball and am trying to find various ways to watch games in the US.
        Welcome to the forums, fellow Lithuanian-American.

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
        I think i can help you there - and it is perfectly legal way to do it .All you have to do is to visit official lrytas.lt website,where they host numerous games of this team.
        For those who are unaware ,and to be clear for the rest- Lietuvos Rytas - that is the name of one of the newspapers in Lithuania,who also have tv channel under the same name,and they sponsor the bb team.Their website have video archive ,where all the links below comes from.
        Euro cup

VTB

LKL

Miscellaneous
        http://tv.lrytas.lt/?cid=61
        Lrytas TV often lags though. I go to sportlive.lt for basketball games. The quality isn't terrific, but the video doesn't lag as much.

ESPN360 also works. You have to have relatively fast internet for that, but the quality's amazing. That's how I watched 2013 EuroBasket games as well as the London Games and the 2010 World Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by macleopard13 View Post
          Lrytas TV often lags though. I go to sportlive.lt for basketball games. The quality isn't terrific, but the video doesn't lag as much.
          Yeah,live coverage does lag.Sometimes....But that was not what he was asking for...
          All i offered was a back catalog, so to speak.Especially since he asked for lrytas games.That does not lag at all too..It can buffer,unlikely,but so youtube....
          http://sportlive.lt/ does not seem to be alive at all.
          And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Wow, guys - this is all fantastic and helpful information! Thank you. I really appreciate the links and the welcome. (I am part Lithuanian and really gaining much more appreciation for my Lithuanian heritage over the last several years.)

Comment

I am fairly new to following European basketball and am trying to find various ways to watch games in the US.
              Here in Toronto there's a bar called Lokys within the Lithuanian Community Centre on Bloor Street that shows games live on a big TV screen. There should be at least one such bar associated with one of the Lithuanian centres in New York. Here are two locales/venues you might contact:

Lithuanian Alliance Building - Manhattan

Lithuanian Catholic Community Center - New Jersey

Last edited by Hepcat; 06-13-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                Here in Toronto there's a bar called Lokys within the Lithuanian Community Centre that shows games live on a big TV screen. There should be at least one such bar associated with one of the Lithuanian centres in New York. Here are two locales/venues you might contact:

Lithuanian Alliance Building - Manhattan

Lithuanian Catholic Community Center - New Jersey

You know much. What is ways of watching Lithuanian p****graphy at Toronto?

Comment

Wasaga Beach in the summers would be your best bet. You could try the two churches otherwise. You never know....

Comment

Originally posted by mazeikis View Post
                    You know much. What is ways of watching Lithuanian p****graphy at Toronto?
                    Man, the thread is asking about the ways of watching Lithuanian teams in the United States, not watching that kind of crap in Toronto. You really need to see a psychiatrist. I will email the administrator if you keep posting crap like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ValanciunasFan View Post
                      Man, the thread is asking about the ways of watching Lithuanian teams in the United States, not watching that kind of crap in Toronto. You really need to see a psychiatrist. I will email the administrator if you keep posting crap like this.
                      Are you goin' to go through all the threads in case to reply to all the crap written by "mazeikis" , who is btw already banned?

Comment

No, I won't. I promise I won't go through all of them, Mindozas.

Comment

Originally posted by ValanciunasFan View Post
                          No, I won't. I promise I won't go through all of them, Mindozas.
                          Then it's great, he doesn't deserve such attention what so ever, leave him alone. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                            Then it's great, he doesn't deserve such attention what so ever, leave him alone. Cheers
                            Cheers to you, too.

Comment

I go to http://sportlive.lt and try to find basketball games. http://sportlive.lt gives you information on the latest sports events. Once I click on the basketball game, I'm given websites to watch the basketball game. It's a good website, however ads pop up very quick, even on a new window on the internet. I try http://sportotv.lt, but I don't think that is a good site because they only have a few Lithuanian commercials like Radio Centras. These commercials are quick. That's how I watch Lithuanian teams in the US.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information