Is it finally the Warrior's year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it finally the Warrior's year?

For now (just for now ), it seems that Golden State has good chances of playing the playoffs after more than a decade of losing. And this season is proving that sometimes a good coach can turn mediocre players into good ones, and a bad coach can do the opposite.

GSW has had many important injuries this year (Murphy, J Rich, Davis, Ellis), but at the same time many obscure players have stepped up: Biedrins, Ellis himself and, most notably, Matt Barnes.

The really amazing thing is that GSW often uses just one inside player, and sometimes they didn't use even one (for example, playing Pietrus and Dunleavy as 4 and 5). And another good project like Diogu has barely played all year.

There is one more thing to notice: GSW picked Patrick O'Bryant before Nelson's arrival, when it was clear that the Warriors' biggest hole was at center. Nellie arrived and turned the whole thing upside down, so two of the team's three pure centers (Foyle and O'Bryant) have played almost nothing. It seems like a wasted pick so far; maybe they could trade him for someone who fits GSW's needs better.

not a wasted pick... yet

when Nelson arrived he noticed that O'Bryant was not ready to play on that level, so he is just practicing with the team. I think the Warriors are thinking of O'Bryant as part of the future. Foyle just doesnt fit in the team and Murphy has been injured all season long.

Don Nelson has done a great job controlling Baron Davis and his shot selection. Pietrus has been solid this season and Dunleavy simply sucks.

I think they will make the playoffs, just because on the 1st part of the season, coach was simply experimenting with the team, and if the season eded now, they would be on the playoffs, from now on they can focus on their task
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know much about US coaches, and Nelson has a long history back, but he has been one of favorites since his days with the Mavs. He's surprisingly witty and innovative. I guess he was the coach during the days Dallas had gradually become an elite team. "Hack a Shaq" was his invention, right?

As for Warriors, I hope they do get in, but looks like there'll be a very hot race for the 7th and 8th berths. Currently, they're at the 9th position (.500) figthing with Clippers (1.5 games behind), Kings (1.5 GB), Wolves (1 game ahead), and Nuggets (1 GA).

I think Nuggets will break free from this group with the return of Carmelo, and only "one" the remaining four will get to the playoffs.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

No....it is not the Warriors year. The west is WWAAAYYYY too deep. You think about it. you've got the Jazz, Mavs, Suns, Spurs, Lakers, Nuggets all most definately getting a playoff berth, then you've got the Rockets, T-Wolves, Clippers, Hornets (if CP can stay healthy) and Sonics. No playoffs this year man, sorry

Comment

And, amazingly, the Warriors have just climbed back to the 8th spot in the West. Not because GSW has improved much (30-36); but because Wolves, Hornets, Kings and Clippers pretty much fell apart these past days.

Comment

The Warriors are still 1 game in front of the Clippers now, despite the loss to Utah.

I'm not a fan of them but I would like to see fresh faces in the playoffs for a change.
            Is basketball your life? Submit your basketball story

Comment

I like the Warrior's but I think they will not get to the playoff.

They have very good players but they have to fight more.
              How they can be the warriors if they don't fight in every game.
              Baron Davis can not win the games alone any more.

Think about it!
              Peace
              Darko Miličić and Predrag Stojaković 4-ever!!!

Comment

The thrashing by the Spurs the other day was just terrible.
                Seems like the Warriors are losing steam towards the final stretch.
                Is basketball your life? Submit your basketball story

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information