PDA

View Full Version : Lottomatica Roma

aralos10
12-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Repesa said recently that he is unhappy with his team, but he hopes that they will get better ater christmas.
What's going on there right now? I've seen that Askrabic is still injured, while Hawinks is getting better. How is Mire Chatman doing?

each way
01-07-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm interested to know as well - I read an interview with Repesa pretty much saying the same thing

Joško Poljak Fan
01-07-2007, 11:00 AM
They are paying differently lately, started to depend less on Bodiroga and limiting the time Bodiroga in charge for the offense and with that they've achieved much fatsre pace of the game that most opponents aren't exactly prepared for (last 2 games will mostlikely change that, but hey surprise that got them 2 wins in euroleague anyway). They killed Olimpija purely by fast breaks, which is something hard to imagine for a team with Bodiroga as their leader. Mavrokefalidis is doing a surprisingly good job under the rim, Chatman also made the game faster and also made scoring easier for Hawkins to some extent.
Aškrabič is probably still searching for his form after the injuries otherwise he can be a helluvaplayer.
They are playing some agressive defense which killed Maccabi since noone except Vujčič could score repeatedly.

uncomparable with Roma at the begining of the season, the way they are playing right now they'll make some noise in top16 and (don't know much about Siena and Virtus level this season) should eventually fight with Benneton for Italian title imho...

Picek
01-07-2007, 09:42 PM
uncomparable with Roma at the begining of the season, the way they are playing right now they'll make some noise in top16 and (don't know much about Siena and Virtus level this season) should eventually fight with Benneton for Italian title imho...it would be another Repeša - Blatt classic..
but I doubt it will happen this year..
IMO Siena is the strongest team in the league and I would be really surprised if they won't be one of the teams in the final..
they have really strong front court with Baxter and especially Eze who is playing great..
the second club could be Vidivici Bologna especially if they can get a good 10-15 minutes from Ilievski, IMO they are a step in front of Milano (I don't think Đorđević can handle a pressure with a lot of newcomers), Roma, Benneton, Varese, Napoli, Climamio...
but it's just my prediction

as for Roma, this is their transition year.. a lot of these guys who are currently there won't be there next year...
I can guarantee that..
Repeša is extremely unsatisfied with some of the players..
there are even some rumuors that Bodiroga is on his way home to Belgrade (Partizan)..

Joško Poljak Fan
01-08-2007, 02:32 PM
it would be another Repeša - Blatt classic..
but I doubt it will happen this year..
IMO Siena is the strongest team in the league and I would be really surprised if they won't be one of the teams in the final..
they have really strong front court with Baxter and especially Eze who is playing great..
the way the situation looks like in lega right now, you might be right, but I think that at the end when teams will stop playing in euroleague, when EL teams will be able to concentrate on national championship only Siena and Virtus won't be as dominant as they look right now... of course with exception of playing vs. Napoli that must be something like 7th-8th team in Italy even rosterwise...

as for Roma, this is their transition year.. a lot of these guys who are currently there won't be there next year...
I can guarantee that..
I'd keep Mavrokefalidis, Aškrabič, Chatman, Righetti and Garri. I think Hawkins isn't worth the money he is getting (and I am also mad about him, since I had him in practically every EL fantasy team at the begining and he screwed me up badly).
If I am not imstaken they've had Ekezie last year, they shhould've keep him...

aralos10
01-08-2007, 05:51 PM
thanks, guys