X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddam Hussein executed for war crimes

BAGHDAD, Iraq -
    Saddam Hussein, the shotgun-waving dictator who ruled
    Iraq with a remorseless brutality for a quarter-century and was driven from power by a U.S.-led war that left his country in shambles, was taken to the gallows clutching a Quran and hanged Saturday. ADVERTISEMENT

In Baghdad's Shiite enclave of Sadr City, people danced in the streets while others fired guns in the air to celebrate the former dictator's death. The government did not impose a round-the-clock curfew as it did last month when Saddam was convicted to thwart any surge in retaliatory violence.

It was a grim end for the 69-year-old leader who had vexed three U.S. presidents. Despite his ouster, Washington, its allies and the new Iraqi leaders remain mired in a fight to quell a stubborn insurgency by Saddam loyalists and a vicious sectarian conflict.

President Bush called Saddam's execution "the kind of justice he denied the victims of his brutal regime."

As a religous person, I am against death penalty. I think life inprisonment would be a better solution for everybody.
    Three Countries. Two Colours. One Religion. Orthodox Brothers.
    PRAVOSLAVNA BRACA - ΟΡΘΟΔΟΞΑ ΑΔΕΡΦΙΑ
    Pravda za Uroša - Justice for Uros

Comment

I agree with Bolo.
      It sends out the wrong message.
      In the year 2007 i think it is a pretty sick world we live when Bush announced about a month ago that Hussaine would be hanged and they all cheered and clapped at that press conference.

Comment

The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

They hung his dog too.

Here's the commetary

Dog of Saddam executed
          Iraq: Shortly after the execution of the dictator Saddam Hussein, his dog Blondi followed the same fate to the gallows. Contrary to Saddam, Blondi’s execution was broadcast live in full length. Some minor complications arose, which dragged out the death struggle to unbearable lengths. Animal activist group PETA has filed a formal complaint to the Iraqi Foreign Ministry. link
          Alrighty then! Take care now, bye bye then.

Comment

I don't like the fact US media (or army or whatever) kept humiliating Sadam all the way from the day they got him and than to the death when they showed him lying death in a bag, and the execution on Islam's holy day... that's exaggerating, really.
            humiliation is where the hate begins... and that was just another ignorant mistake...
            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

I don't like the fact US media (or army or whatever) kept humiliating Sadam all the way from the day they got him and than to the death when they showed him lying death in a bag, and the execution on Islam's holy day... that's exaggerating, really.
              humiliation is where the hate begins... and that was just another ignorant mistake...
              Who cares he was an annoying evil prick war criminal. Apparently his dog Blondi was too.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin
                They hung his dog too.
                Surely you gotta be kidding me! Please tell me that's a joke.
                The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
                  I doubt BBC and al Jazeera would joke about it
                  The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

So what was the reasoning behind the dog's execution? Was it for the crimes it commited? Was it because they didn't know what to do with it? Was it for Saddam's "extra" punishment? This is nonsense! And did it have to be done by hanging? For heaven's sake the animal could not be held resposible for any crimes. If you want to kill it (for whatever the reason) do so by humane means (overdose of anaesthetic/barbituate, CO2 gazing, lethal injection). Is that so difficult to do? This is unacceptable not to mention stupid.
                    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

I doubt BBC and al Jazeera would joke about it
                      So what was the reasoning behind the dog's execution? Was it for the crimes it commited? Was it because they didn't know what to do with it? Was it for Saddam's "extra" punishment? This is nonsense! And did it have to be done by hanging? For heaven's sake the animal could not be held resposible for any crimes. If you want to kill it (for whatever the reason) do so by humane means (overdose of anaesthetic/barbituate, CO2 gazing, lethal injection). Is that so difficult to do? This is unacceptable not to mention stupid.
                      I am joking but it really happened.

Comment

Calvin, Calvin... Trolling here too ?
                        It's of course a bunch of crap about the dog as far as I know. And Blondi was Hitler's dog, poisoned by Hitler before his own death, so despite the analogy between Hitler and Saddam, the death of Saddam's dog is another bullshit of the forum troll Calvin.

Comment

Calvin, Calvin... Trolling here too ?
                          It's of course a bunch of crap about the dog as far as I know. And Blondi was Hitler's dog, poisoned by Hitler before his own death, so despite the analogy between Hitler and Saddam, the death of Saddam's dog is another bullshit of the forum troll Calvin.
                          It's hilarious you think you have some authority over me. Didn't you look at the link to the arabic website of the story before posting.

Comment

and wtf you know about arabic?

and where was the pic of the dog in the freaking link?

do you have a big green fro?

sigpic

Comment

and wtf you know about arabic?

and where was the pic of the dog in the freaking link?

do you have a big green fro?
                              Dude, there's an english tab at the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information