PDA

View Full Version : [Quarter Finals] Game 79/A: Serbia - Spain

Levenspiel
09-16-2013, 08:54 PM
18-Sep-2013
Time: TBA

There is some controversy about whether Spain deliberately chose to meet this inexperienced but surprisingly good Serbian team, or not, but this is eventually the game of 1/4 finals.
Will Spain shake off and perform at a higher level in this elimination round, or will Serbia upset them again?

Gonzaka
09-16-2013, 09:00 PM
There is some controversy about if Orenga is a bad coach or if he is an experiment of AliensFixed.

PS: 17:45 CET.

bukefalos
09-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Nenad krstic couldn't dominate the game against marc gasol.

so,
70-30 spaniards

unnamed
09-17-2013, 12:41 AM
I saw the rumpus in other thread: "Spain sold the game", "Spain hasn't played up to their best" etc, but its really irrelevant. I just want to see good basketball. It doesn't matter whether we play versus Spain or any other team, because in any case we must play our best if we want to win.

Shawshank
09-17-2013, 06:20 AM
this 1/4 game will be battle between argubly 2 best centers of the tournament.Krstic vs Gasol two heavyweight will decide this game.I feel which of them gonna win this battle their team gonna win a game.Favorite ofcourse is Spain,but you knows there is no Pau and no Navarro who was saving Spain in hard moments for the decade or so, i say if game gonna be close serbia gonna win.Spain needs to run away atleast by 10 points in order to win.

Liha
09-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Serbia wins this after a close game. I haven't seen as much heart from Spain as usual and having Navarro & Pau Gasol out hurts them a bit.

Bojsha
09-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Serbia wins this ... close game will show power of serbian youngsters ...

Darrell Armstrong
09-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Same power they refrained from using to beat Macedonia, Montenegro and Ukraine?

Ayrfon
09-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Same power they refrained from using to beat Macedonia, Montenegro and Ukraine?

actually that should be enough against a team whose NBA defensive player of the year along with ACB defensive player of the year 2009 let Italy score 31 points in less than 9 mins, playing full strength...

Darrell Armstrong
09-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Didn't know you could stop a guy from scoring by showing them an award. Maybe the spanish coach thought along your lines and told their players to stand still and berate the italians as they scored unimpeded: you cannot score on me, I'm best defender of whatever!

Joško Poljak Fan
09-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Gasol did get he DPOY award... but... I don't care how NBA coaches voted, analyzing different aspects of defense there are quite interesting different outcomes.
He is great at spaceing, which makes penetrating guards kind of change their mind, but they shouldn't - he is generaly avoiding commiting fouls on them and when guards decide to go all the way in some instances it's surprisingly easy.
He is great at one on one back defending, which will make an interesting case with Krstić, on which Serbian game is based by now
His lateral quickness makes him vulnerable on the perimeter though, I'd expect Nedović, Bogdanović to attack there, with a proper set screen, Serbs will either crack the defensive rotation, force defender to go under screen or have a chance to attack Marc through penetration.

In my opinion, the fact Marc can't be giving his best in defense as well as the fact that when statistical analyse subdues to observations on what's going on on court, realising Marc has defensive flaws even as DPOY is one of the reasons for Spanish flawed game. Teams that failed to abuse those weaknesses and has let Marc to play a static defense in the paint have quickly gone to -20.

Serbs will have to do their best and overcome lack of experience with hustle here. It'll be interesting to see how Spain would react on two Serbian centers on court. Spain has lost all 3 close games they've played and to be honest if Croatia believed in their heads they could reach them, that game would get close as well as Spain offered numerous chances to Croats they weren't able to utilise.

I will cheer for Serbia, while I have to admit Spain is the favourite, nevermind they've been beaten 3 times already, they're still a group, even if slightly disfunctional, of individualy very strong and experienced players.

Ayrfon
09-17-2013, 12:22 PM
actualy, i couldn't care less about their tactics, choosing opponents or whatever...
i was gonna answer on another topic, but i'll cover both in here...

it's more than obvious that Spain is a huge favorite tomorrow... your guards are by far strongest on EC, you have Gasol to neutralize our best player and your weakest link is PF which is also our weakest link... so, basically are only adventage is coach + extra motivated youngsters who can't wait to play against best teams...

anyway, what you wrote on another topic is actually a great spinning... poor Spain, everybody hates them cause they are the best...i can barely see the monitor through my tears...as a matter of fact, i have a very close family member married to a Spanish person, plus some other private stuff that connects me with your country, so i'm very objective here...
just ask yourself why majority cheer against Spanish players (not only Rudy &co, but in other sports too)... and trust me, as my people aren't very popular around the world either (for other reasons tho)

AirBall
09-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Markovic is not able to play, while Nedovic has some pains in his ankle...

Will be very hard for us, but lets hope the best

Orenga is clown without any influence on his team and Duda Ivkovic is our chance...

I supose that it will be cripple fight and I am sure that after this game Marc Gasol will remember Katic for the whole life...

We will beat him like a bitch

Ayrfon
09-17-2013, 12:43 PM
btw great analisys JPF, being super objective as always...you are one of the guys whose opinion i respect the most in here

slask
09-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Ayrfon, I disagree that PF is Serbian weakest spot. maybe if you think of a depth in this position, but s5? Bjelica is far better than any of Spanish PFs. I think Duda should take advantge of that. Nemanja as point forward is very difficult to stop.

Unfortunately, the biggest serbian advantage, Krstic, will meet a guy who is bigger and stronger than him, the situation he havent experience yet this tournament.

I wish Serbia win this, but without Marković and Nedović with some injury I don't see it. Micić against guys like Calderon, Rodriguez...

Limefire
09-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Names don't and should never mean anything...especially for young and hungry players. Keep a dose of respect, but fear no one.

As for Krstic...you will see how "smaller and physically weaker (debatable)" player can dominate his opponent. Strength and size isn't all.

IMO, our kids definitely want it more, and deserve it more... Serbia wins.

slask
09-17-2013, 03:17 PM
"As for Krstic...you will see how "smaller and physically weaker (debatable)" player can dominate his opponent. Strength and size isn't all."

No, I don't see it. Gasol is just too good defending post ups. He's got very good footwork for a player with such size. Very tough for Nenad. Hope that Orenga will use Marc at high post more often than down low, which is dumb but it's good for Serbia chances.

Ayrfon
09-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Ayrfon, I disagree that PF is Serbian weakest spot. maybe if you think of a depth in this position, but s5? Bjelica is far better than any of Spanish PFs. I think Duda should take advantge of that. Nemanja as point forward is very difficult to stop.

Unfortunately, the biggest serbian advantage, Krstic, will meet a guy who is bigger and stronger than him, the situation he havent experience yet this tournament.

I wish Serbia win this, but without Marković and Nedović with some injury I don't see it. Micić against guys like Calderon, Rodriguez...

what i meant is, PF should have been our strongest position, but since we are missing- Velickovic, Savanovic, Macvan, Erceg, Lucic... Bjelica could make a difference tho...
with all the respect to Gasol, Krstic&co managed to handle whole bunch of Lithuanian buldozers...i have a feeling that Gasol is gonna be bruised all over after the game (read 1-Katic 2- Stimac)... also, my info from Slovenia says that both Nedovic and Stefan will be ready, so...
we'll see...it's definitelly a must watch game... if we manage to keep it close to the halftime, anything is possible...

AmonRA
09-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Unfortunately, easy win for Spain :(

AirBall
09-17-2013, 05:33 PM

Typical comment for Red Star fan, you don't have heart of champion :D ... Of course that we will win...

Darrell Armstrong
09-17-2013, 06:57 PM
anyway, what you wrote on another topic is actually a great spinning... poor Spain, everybody hates them cause they are the best...i can barely see the monitor through my tears...as a matter of fact, i have a very close family member married to a Spanish person, plus some other private stuff that connects me with your country, so i'm very objective here...
just ask yourself why majority cheer against Spanish players (not only Rudy &co, but in other sports too)... and trust me, as my people aren't very popular around the world either (for other reasons tho)

I didn't say Spain is the best. Actually, you'll be hard pressed to find me praising Spain save for clear, certifiable reason

And, to answer your question, no, I don't know why we are so hated. What I do know is, once you really want to see wrongdoing in others' actions, you will no matter what those actions are. I cannot change, and ultimately don't care for, this board posters' feelings towards Spain. What I can do is expose the fallacies in their arguments, though.

Srle
09-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Bjelica is the key for us tomorrow. If he plays good we have a very good chance to advance.

AmonRA
09-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Typical comment for Red Star fan, you don't have heart of champion :D ... Of course that we will win...
:D
Well, I want that win more than you, but there is big difference of what I want and what is realistic... ;)

Ayrfon
09-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Well, I want that win more than you, but there is big difference of what I want and what is realistic... ;)

AirBall, are you gonna quote Mr DV or i have to do this? :)
"Realnost nije briga na koju se mi obaziremo"-"Reality is not among the things we worry about"

seriously now...if we have to be eliminated, i'd rather see us go down against Spain... all i'm sure about is that tomorrow we'll see 12 young men (10 +Krle and Rasko :) ) super motivated, willling to play as if it's their last game ever...
whether it's gonna be enough for a win or they are gonna lose by 20, that's above me... just hope for a fair game...
btw we are gonna have a very big crowd support tomorrow

the bigger problem will be (if we lose), as i'm not sure how much strength will they have left for thursday's 1430h game...

Raz
09-17-2013, 09:09 PM
I can't see how Serbia can lose this game.Seriously this spanish team lacks a lot of things.As for the matchup between Gasol and Krstic,well,let's just say that the Spaniard will be in for a big surprise.No guys,Gasol cannot stop Krstic,no way.Stop overestimating NBA players in such a way.

AirBall
09-17-2013, 09:28 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-17-2013/_TPDEN.gif

pimpekaustas
09-17-2013, 09:30 PM
I can't see how Serbia can lose this game.Seriously this spanish team lacks a lot of things.As for the matchup between Gasol and Krstic,well,let's just say that the Spaniard will be in for a big surprise.No guys,Gasol cannot stop Krstic,no way.Stop overestimating NBA players in such a way.

sorry man but gasol is way better player than krstić who looked tragicomic in defence against ukranian centers

unnamed
09-17-2013, 10:07 PM
We'll simply play with 2 C's, so I don't think Gasol - Krstic duel will decide much. I think guards will decide the match

Srle
09-17-2013, 10:11 PM
sorry man but gasol is way better player than krstić who looked tragicomic in defence against ukranian centers

Oh How I wish, that tomorrow in our squad we have defensive and offensive beast Ante Tomic:rolleyes: You are the joke man:)

pimpekaustas
09-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Oh How I wish, that tomorrow in our squad we have defensive and offensive beast Ante Tomic:rolleyes: You are the joke man:)

you are one who is joke. who mentioned tomić here? we saw him vs gasol already, and comented here his "performance". now stop beeing biased jerk.

DunkOnYou
09-18-2013, 12:03 AM
The serious business start now, so i really hope that the spanish players stop playing like a bunch of clows high in glue and deliver whats expected from them, wich is shutting the trap of the haters that run wildly on the internets, by winning games.

Btw, Orenga you are a loser, GTFO. We need someone who knows how to lit a fire under the ass of these talented primadonna clowns. Thank you.

Hey spanish players, if you read me, wich im sure you do, repeat with me 1500 times: winning good, losing bad. You clowns.!

Dr. Martin
09-18-2013, 05:12 AM
Nice GIF AirBall

Raz
09-18-2013, 06:37 AM

Where exactly is Gasol better,except maybe in defense (and I'm not sure about this either)?Also,do not take the game against Ukraine seriously.Serbia has lost matches that didn't cost them anything.They've won all the important matches and they topped the group comfortably.

Gonzaka
09-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Hello, haters! I hope to see a decent game. Be sure some of our players could tank today to fire our beloved coach. Tanking is a good option for making things easier to qualify Ukraine to the World Cup and eliminate a possible stronger rival.

Fire Eyenga!! Oops, sorry… Orenga, Orenga.

PS: I bet my weekly euro to Serbia.

AmonRA
09-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Traore Ali ‏@bomaye1240m

Today at 17h30 i will be Serbian! You can call me Aleksa Traoric! #EuroBasket2013

Ayrfon
09-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Traore Ali ‏@bomaye12 50m

Today at 17h30 i will be Serbian! You can call me Aleksa Traoric! #EuroBasket2013

pimpekaustas
09-18-2013, 12:07 PM
two great games today. good luck to srbija! hoping for an ex yu semifinals. idiots in fiba made it that some teams have one day more rest before most important games. retards

PowerForward
09-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Nenad Krstic and Marc Gasol , what a game!

It is important for Spain , Rudy,Calderon and Claver support Gasol , if they can manage this it is an easy game. Claver must be dominant for rebound and Rudy must be dominant for assists and 3 pt shoot. Calderon and Rudy also important for defence, we will see that.

Ayrfon
09-18-2013, 12:37 PM
two great games today. good luck to srbija! hoping for an ex yu semifinals. idiots in fiba made it that some teams have one day more rest before most important games. retards

thank you very much, wishing you the same for tomorrow :)

Italian Pride
09-18-2013, 12:51 PM
did markovic recover form his injury?

good luck young serbian, i will support you :)

radallo
09-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Interestingly M.Gasol was top scorer for his team only in three spain losses...

Ayrfon
09-18-2013, 12:56 PM
infos are different... i've been told that everybody will be ready for the game...we'll see soon

Gonzaka
09-18-2013, 01:27 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/eGdvt6-icJw/hqdefault.jpg

Oh, God! "Angry birds" doesn't work, it's over!!!

Hepcat
09-18-2013, 01:27 PM
They've won all the important matches and they topped the group comfortably.

Serbia hardly won either group "comfortably". Serbia was tied for first each time and it came down to a tiebreaker.

One thing's for sure. Whichever team loses the quarterfinal today will fully deserve to be knocked out of the tournament since today's loss will be its fourth. It's not as if either team has been dominant in the tournament winning its games handily so far.

:)

Darrell Armstrong
09-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Traore Ali ‏@bomaye12 50m

That's a sensible thing. He could never beat Spain when playing with France, so he's hoping someone else does the dirty work. It would be sweet to meet again the french in semifinals, although unlikely.

pimpekaustas
09-18-2013, 02:00 PM
you'll meet them in the fight for 6. place, dont worry

Raz
09-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Serbia hardly won either group "comfortably". Serbia was tied for first each time and it came down to a tiebreaker.

Oh,yes,they did.Every match that they really had to win,they did really comfortably.They beat Lithuania and France without even sweating.On the other hand we have Spain.Spain is quite the opposite.They've lost every single important (aka difficult) game (vs Slovenia,Greece,Italy),except for Croatia,when the croatian team had of their known mental lapses.

Hot Pie
09-18-2013, 02:16 PM
I hope he did.
I think all Slovenian will support Serbia! I hope this will help, regards from Ljubljana.

BTW: you can support your team here: http://www.sharealine.com/eurobasket-2013-serbia-vs-eurobasket-2013-spain

AmonRA
09-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Igor Marinovic ‏@sofoklo1316m

Stefan Markovic is waming-up with belt supporting his backs, but looks like he'll play against Spain

AirBall
09-18-2013, 03:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUdD5G-CAAEArI7.jpg

Psofimis
09-18-2013, 03:22 PM
I am here and I am with our Orthodox Brothers!!
Good luck to Serbia!!
Mr Dušan Ivković make one more miracle!

pimpekaustas
09-18-2013, 03:24 PM
I am here and I am with our Orthodox Brothers!!
Good luck to Serbia!!
Mr Dušan Ivković make one more miracle!

facepalm

Psofimis
09-18-2013, 03:29 PM
facepalm

Ok.Sure boy!

Gonzaka
09-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Mr Dušan Ivković make one more miracle!A miracle would be Orenga wins something.

Aegis
09-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Just following the boxscore, but Serbia is getting trounced.

baelor
09-18-2013, 03:43 PM
poor young Serbian guys... too confused at the start. Is it the end already? hope not

sylar
09-18-2013, 03:47 PM
poor young Serbian guys... too confused at the start. Is it the end already? hope not

Nah dont worry, Orenga will fuck up this for sure in a moment

baelor
09-18-2013, 03:47 PM
the game is too physical... its not the way this game should be played :(

baelor
09-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Nah dont worry, Orenga will fuck up this for sure in a moment

Serbians are tanking the game :D

21-5 wow... its almost over in a first 10 minutes

AmonRA
09-18-2013, 03:52 PM

I told you so :(

rikhardur
09-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Serbia playing like amateurs. The NT is young, but...

baelor
09-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Smart experience VS young enthusiasm.

Thats why Spain lost their game against Spain. They knew that youngsters are not ready 100% for that kind of knock-out game... even with Orenga its too much for kids+Krstic+Duda

christodoulou76
09-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Sergio playing really well...

christodoulou76
09-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Thats why Spain lost their game against Spain.

Freudian slip. ;) Spain beat themselves (i.e. tanked).

baelor
09-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Freudian slip. ;) Spain beat themselves (i.e. tanked).

You know the editing sucks here :) but on the other hand maybe its not a misprint at all:p...

baelor
09-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Sergio playing really well...

he's amazing. completely dominating the fast game.

When Rudy and Sergio are like that even this Spain is almost unstoppable. Having said that, I hope someone stops them:o

rikhardur
09-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Hell Serbians can't even inbound the ball properly. They need some serious talk from Duda at HT.

Gonzaka
09-18-2013, 04:14 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! Let's see:

- Very good defense.
- Sergio Rodríguez. Incredible!
- A REAL PF instead Mumbrú playing as PF.

Thing to improve:

- Marc could play less minutes than he did.
- Substitutions could be better.

LTbotd
09-18-2013, 04:15 PM
-25 at HT. Ok, like i don't have more important things to do.

baelor
09-18-2013, 04:16 PM
the finish of the 2nd quarter showed that its over... even for most optimistic Serbian fans.
Can't believe that that kind of game is so onesided. I'm sure that even Cro-Ukr will be much closer...especialy in the first half.

Hope Duda will give some unnatural motivating speach at HF and those kids will play better.Not for the result today, but for the games for 5-8 places. Minimum 7th place is the target now...

Guard
09-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Chacho doing whatever he wants on serbian guards mmm....
But defense on Krstic the key... Marc locking him down!

AmonRA
09-18-2013, 04:18 PM
It was over before it starts..

Victorious
09-18-2013, 04:19 PM
This Serbia was the best match up for Spain. No wonder Spain didn't care about the game against Italy. Although in basketball it's never over till the fat lady sings, it seems that there is no turning back from this. Spain simply has too much quality to let this one go. And Serbia does not have the quality to come back.

sylar
09-18-2013, 04:20 PM
It was over before it starts..

It wasnt and it isnt yet, not till the last minute.

stuart
09-18-2013, 04:21 PM
[PSA] Sorry about all the issues with replying and replying with quotes - they all should be working now. Be patient with us as we're still trying to fix everything after being hacked last week (sigh). More... http://forums.interbasket.net/announcement.php?f=86

christodoulou76
09-18-2013, 04:23 PM
This Serbia was the best match up for Spain. No wonder Spain didn't care about the game against Italy. Although in basketball it's never over till the fat lady sings, it seems that there is no turning back from this. Spain simply has too much quality to let this one go. And Serbia does not have the quality to come back.

Only fantasy game and prediction game players will have any interest in the 2nd half of this one...:p

Ayrfon
09-18-2013, 04:26 PM
congrats to Spain... brilliant play...
our best players completely choked, got shit scared and the game was over after 2-3mins...
anyway, phenomenal defence, Sergio...wow...Rudy shooting great...
we are playing without a pg and that's impossible against this Spain... not counting poor Micic who will have nightmares as he was playing in Serbian league and now he bumped into dragons :)

anyway, good thing is we won't lose much strength before other two games...also got to pay respect to Kalinic who was the biggest surprise so far and i'm super disapoointed that Partizan missed him...

anyway, call me crazy, but in case France wins tonight, my money will be on them against Spain...

Kwijibo
09-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Hahah some spanish haters speak about serbia-spain of 2010. This reminds me spains-serbia of 2009 ^^

christodoulou76
09-18-2013, 04:31 PM
this is hard to watch...

Kwijibo
09-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Omfg this game is so easy for us

Toxicity
09-18-2013, 04:35 PM
this is hard to watch...

Really disgusting... serbian players are youngsters but they can't give up like that!

Hepcat
Serbia playing like amateurs. The NT is young, but...

Hmmmm. A lot of prognosticators were predicting that Team Serbia would fold up when the pressure was on because the players lack the experience.

:confused:

FrankieJB
Reminds me of OSFP-CSKA in Euroleague F4. It was less ridiculous in terms of gap but Krstic failed the same way in both games.

Darknemo2000
Wow could this be the biggest blow-out in the tournament in waiting. Serbia looks scared, kind of sad.

Ayrfon
09-18-2013, 04:37 PM
this will be the lesson they'll never forget and hopefully make them train even harder...
i remembered Djokovic getting masacred by Safin, yet the rest is history...
if Ukraine makes some surprise we might be screwed for WC place :)

p.s. i can understand tanking in 2nd half as next game is tomorrow at 1430

Kwijibo
09-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Orenga just come from "solo quinse mí euritos de na" and he will bring a medal for us ^^

Kwijibo
09-18-2013, 04:38 PM
this will be the lesson they'll never forget and hopefully make them train even harder...
i remembered Djokovic getting masacred by Safin, yet the rest is history...
if Ukraine makes some surprise we might be screwed for WC place :)
But djokovic is always masacred by Rafa Nadal. U cna't beat the Spanish players

lovejones
09-18-2013, 04:40 PM
I can't believe how much the Serbs are getting raped in this game. They just can't get into the flow while the Spaniards are simply on fire from everywhere and at both ends of the court. And while typing this, Rudy just banged a trifecta. Ouch.

Kwijibo
Lol +40 hahahha

Darknemo2000
Wow Gasol just pulled out Sabonis-like pass.

Deschain
09-18-2013, 04:42 PM
rudy... marc... omg

Was Pau being a liability on the transition offense? Had he been he too slow?
I've never seen such fluidity on transitition. Not even 2008/2012 themselves.

Ayrfon
09-18-2013, 04:42 PM
But djokovic is always masacred by Rafa Nadal. U cna't beat the Spanish players

of course, Spanish players are from another planet, they are right next to Gods...i'm talking about human beings ;)

lovejones
09-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Lol +40 hahahha

More like the lead in a match between Spain and a team from Asia.

Chopin
09-18-2013, 04:44 PM
That was one of the most boring games I can remember in 1/4 finals ever. I stopped watching, because the difference in quality is just unbelieavable...

But that pass from Marc was really amazing yes :D

Now I actually saw the poll and I cant believe that actually 20 people believed Serbia would win this game. I dont get it.

Darknemo2000
09-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Our commentators are even starting comment sarcastically about serbia.

"Stimac just hit the rim. Considering it was against Gasol its already an achievement." or "Serbia through this quarter got themselves majestic 6 points."

NorCal
09-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Lol +40 hahahha

Wow. That is a lot. That's more than we beat Spain by in 2008 pool play. :p

Kwijibo
09-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Wow. That is a lot. That's more than we beat Spain by in 2008 pool play. :p
You know that our 1st stages are always for relax ^^

baelor
09-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Will Serbians make 40 pts in that game? Sad, really sad.
But Spain is playing amazing. haters or no haters, you gotta admire that...

unnamed
09-18-2013, 04:49 PM
LOL, many paraplegics in our team :D

lovejones
09-18-2013, 04:50 PM
And I thought Serbia was going to channel the spirit of Teodosic and win this match. Toinks.

PowerForward
09-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Who can predict this amazing game, if someone can do, he will be automatically champion :D

Darrell Armstrong
09-18-2013, 04:56 PM
I could quote back some posts bragging how about "hungry serbian youngsters" would beat Spain. Instead, I think I'll be more useful to provide fellow posters with some tips about spanish language:

Dar un baño. Literally "give a bath to someone". To win in masterly fashion. Best translated by "To school someone".
Apalizar. Literally "to repeatedly hit someone with a stick". To win without opposition. Best translated by: "Blow someone out".
Jiñarse. Literally "To defecate oneself". Said when someone is overcame by fear or stress and plays poorly. Best translated by: "They peed on their pants".

Cojayar
09-18-2013, 04:57 PM

Great basketball knowledge.

Darrell Armstrong
09-18-2013, 04:57 PM
And I thought Serbia was going to channel the spirit of Teodosic and win this match. Toinks.

They did. Teodosic is a loser.

Kwijibo
09-18-2013, 04:59 PM
And now our 6th player will be the fear and respect that other teams have to Bright Spanish NT

christodoulou76
09-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Guys, stop being so humble. You won - enjoy it. ;) :p

Kwijibo
09-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Maybe ivkovic should go to the asylum ¬¬

Gonzaka
09-18-2013, 05:07 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2jf0dxe.jpg

Guard
09-18-2013, 05:07 PM
I'm glad we stopped playing.... Little respect for serbian bask3t is ok to me.
Also no crazy stuff from our guys .

rikhardur
09-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Maybe ivkovic should go to the asylum ¬¬
Not until Orenga learns a few things from him.

Ayrfon
09-18-2013, 05:10 PM
LOL, many paraplegics in our team :D

this is such a bullshit... those are the same players that everyone praised few days ago... they just ran into much better team who played brilliantly in the first half and they were the worst possible match up for this PG-less team... Croatia lost by 28 to them, yet they are close to medal here...

like i said before, big congrats to Spain... hopefuly we will take some possitive stuff from this loss and use it properly

Levenspiel
09-18-2013, 05:22 PM
I think Spanish players read this thread last night..., and they were really pissed off...

Joško Poljak Fan
09-18-2013, 05:23 PM
damn... Spain got their lost confidence back now, just when it was starting to drip out of their hands, by far most dominant performance by any of the teams on this eurobasket. Now they will be extremely hard to beat for anyone.

unnamed
09-18-2013, 05:25 PM
this is such a bullshit... those are the same players that everyone praised few days ago... they just ran into much better team who played brilliantly in the first half and they were the worst possible match up for this PG-less team... Croatia lost by 28 to them, yet they are close to medal here...

like i said before, big congrats to Spain... hopefuly we will take some possitive stuff from this loss and use it properly
Less disco's more practice, there is no excuse when you get blown out with 30 pts difference. Two or three guys in our team are alright, others just wandered, I'm sure coach knew that and thats why he said 2nd round is big success

Luíz for 3
09-18-2013, 05:28 PM
I could quote back some posts bragging how about "hungry serbian youngsters" would beat Spain. Instead, I think I'll be more useful to provide fellow posters with some tips about spanish language:

Dar un baño. Literally "give a bath to someone". To win in masterly fashion. Best translated by "To school someone".
Apalizar. Literally "to repeatedly hit someone with a stick". To win without opposition. Best translated by: "Blow someone out".
Jiñarse. Literally "To defecate oneself". Said when someone is overcame by fear or stress and plays poorly. Best translated by: "They peed on their pants".

Congratz to Spain! Once again you proved to be the best european NT and I really hope you can reach three-peat... The main goal for these huge generation will be the World Cup next year, before your nation. Hope Pau and JC Navarro can make it to celebrate one of the greatest basketball generations in history!

NorCal
09-18-2013, 05:32 PM
A lot of people were mentioning before that Spain doesn't have Pau and Navarro and their past losses when those two weren't present. But a lot of Spain's other key players are entering the primes of their careers and are better players than they were a few years ago.

A group like this is probably expected to have some inconsistent results without their two leaders but their talent level cannot be denied. Lets see if this big win catapults them into playing at a high level for the rest of the tournament (very possible) or if they get cocky and leave themselves vulnerable (very possible too)

Ayrfon
09-18-2013, 05:34 PM
and you keep going the wrong way :)
these 12 guys are actually those who were missing disco and they gathered before all the other teams and practise hard whole summer while both you and i were sitting in chairs and bitching over internet... several of them seen guys like Rudy and Gasol on TV only... like i said, playing with only Micic against best guard line in the world (or 2nd)...that's not an excuse, much better team won... i just hate that we are the kind of people who can raise our athletes up to the sky but when they screw up we burry them...
i can tell you now, they will probably lose tomorrow too...but they are gonna fight for that WC place that Greece, Russia, Turkey didn't get...so, for me they are heroes whatever they do

pimpekaustas
09-18-2013, 05:38 PM
you cant play vs spain with almoust junior team, although very talented. like i said this serbian team has players in starting roles that didnt even manage to be in starting five of mediocre aba league clubs last season. and people still dont believe that france just wanted to lose against them to avoid spain? we will see spain against slovenija (probably) in semifinals. i still dont trust them

Luíz for 3
09-18-2013, 05:40 PM
damn... Spain got their lost confidence back now, just when it was starting to drip out of their hands, by far most dominant performance by any of the teams on this eurobasket. Now they will be extremely hard to beat for anyone.

I really don't think this was the case this time. That happened back in 2009 when Spain was 5 minutes from elimination in the 1st group stage against GB. For a team like Spain, group stages are no longer challenging and sometimes they just relax more then they should (e.g. Italy). Against Greece and Slovenia, they were just not good enough to win and after they reacted good and won emphatically. Confidence was the same from start to this very day.

Marty
09-18-2013, 05:50 PM
thanks god Lithuania finished 2nd in group, today looks like nobody could stop Spain.

Gonzaka
09-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Quarterfinals of Spain:

2003: +14 vs ISR
2005: +16 vs CRO (well, really we robbed this game :D )
2007: +28 vs GER
2009: +20 vs FRA
2011: +22 vs SLO
2013: +30 vs SRB

DarkoMVP
09-18-2013, 06:34 PM
+40 +- for Marc, +3 for Sergio

Gonzaka
09-18-2013, 06:36 PM
+40 +- for Marc, +3 for SergioBecause Sergio swallowed the minutes that Mumbrú played as PF.

unnamed
09-18-2013, 06:55 PM
and you keep going the wrong way :)
these 12 guys are actually those who were missing disco and they gathered before all the other teams and practise hard whole summer while both you and i were sitting in chairs and bitching over internet... several of them seen guys like Rudy and Gasol on TV only... like i said, playing with only Micic against best guard line in the world (or 2nd)...that's not an excuse, much better team won... i just hate that we are the kind of people who can raise our athletes up to the sky but when they screw up we burry them...
i can tell you now, they will probably lose tomorrow too...but they are gonna fight for that WC place that Greece, Russia, Turkey didn't get...so, for me they are heroes whatever they do

I dont blame them for loss, I blame them for loss with 30 pts margin. What really bothered me in this team is no one was able to create easy 2 pointer, in fact they either hit layup or 3 pointer. Its simply unacceptable. Beside if they don't know what to do or if other team plays strong defense they pass it to Krstic.

The person who is to blame the most for this early failure is chairman of Serbian basketball association and the main board

Darrell Armstrong
09-18-2013, 07:23 PM
The person who is to blame the most for this early failure is chairman of Serbian basketball association and the main board

Why? What was what he did to put Spain in the way of Serbia? You simply had the bad luck of drawing Spain this early. I honestly think Serbia could beat Italy, and stands a chance against Croatia and Slovenia, too. But no one could stay in front of Spain today.

Hepcat
09-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Congratz to Spain! Once again you proved to be the best european NT....

Keep the cork in the champagne. The tournament isn't over yet, and the once thing this Spanish team has been so far is inconsistent particularly on offence.

unnamed
09-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Why? What was what he did to put Spain in the way of Serbia? You simply had the bad luck of drawing Spain this early. I honestly think Serbia could beat Italy, and stands a chance against Croatia and Slovenia, too. But no one could stay in front of Spain today.

Long story, but ofc it has nothing to do with drawing Spain in 1/4-finals

Darrell Armstrong
09-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Keep the cork in the champagne. The tournament isn't over yet, and the once thing this Spanish team has been so far is inconsistent particularly on offence.

I agree. We weren't as bad as our losses made everyone believe, but we're also not that good as our blowouts of Serbia, Croatia, Georgia, Poland and Finland make us appear. Actually, I think the main factor is the opponent's attitude. Serbs just didn't believe in themselves after 5 minutes and stopped fighting. Italy, Greece and Slovenia never gave up and ended up exposing our weaknesses.

Darrell Armstrong
09-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Long story, but ofc it has nothing to do with drawing Spain in 1/4-finals

I'm curious. Does it have something to do with the negative of some players to attend this tournament?

Sykes
09-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Wait, wait.
It looks like we have won the tournament, this win has been awesome, but yesterday, everybody had bad feelings about our NT.
Step by step, as we say : Don't sell the fur of a bear before hunting it ;)

Darrell Armstrong
09-18-2013, 08:44 PM
you'll meet them in the fight for 6. place, dont worry

Genius.

Luíz for 3
09-18-2013, 09:48 PM

Just greeting Spanish guys for another remarkable win in their basketball history! ;)
In a tournament plagued with surprises, I would still say that Spain is so far the most consistent team in the tournament. Scoring 77.4 ppg (only 3 games out of 9 below 70 points) and conceding only 61.1 ppg, I can't see neither offensive or defensive inconsistency.

YuGo_BoY
09-18-2013, 10:43 PM
I wont blame the missing players in serbian team, but Serbia won the 4th quarter , 1st q.. there was 5 turn overs in like 5 minutes, they shot 3's 1/11 till the 4th quarter, but if young serbian team lost this much to Spain I wont be surprised if they take the gold, but again there is Croatia, Lithuania, and France that's playing gr8...since Serbia lost know I'am cheering for Lithuania, just saying. Good luck : ) ; )

unnamed
09-18-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm curious. Does it have something to do with the negative of some players to attend this tournament?

Yes, to a point. You see current president is a politician, he came to the function in 2009 after we were silver in Poland. He did nothing significant. He hasn't made a system in senior national team. Each competition we were playing with whole new team or almost new team, which clearly signalize that people from basketball association don't treat players well. Now we come to idea to play with Serbian league players with 1 or 2 years of senior experience. People want to see the best possible team. I don't even want to talk much about how poorly they do with the kids(hats down to exceptions). You can see all the kids have the same robotic movements, no creativity or idea what to do when their opponent reads them, something which almost any of our players used to had decade or more ago, and that's only one negative thing, there are more.
If they continue like this they will make the very same mockery like their football colleagues made.

Kwijibo
09-18-2013, 11:24 PM
Yes, to a point. You see current president is a politician, he came to the function in 2009 after we were silver in Poland. He did nothing significant. He hasn't made a system in senior national team. Each competition we were playing with whole new team or almost new team, which clearly signalize that people from basketball association don't treat players well. Now we come to idea to play with Serbian league players with 1 or 2 years of senior experience. People want to see the best possible team. I don't even want to talk much about how poorly they do with the kids(hats down to exceptions). You can see all the kids have the same robotic movements, no creativity or idea what to do when their opponent reads them, something which almost any of our players used to had decade or more ago, and that's only one negative thing, there are more.
If they continue like this they will make the very same mockery like their football colleagues made.
I agree with you (actually i have no fucking idea about your chaisman and who is him) but remember that this could be the eurobasket with most absences in history. For example we miss Navarro, Pau, Ibaka or Reyes

Picek
09-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Oh How I wish, that tomorrow in our squad we have defensive and offensive beast Ante Tomic:rolleyes: You are the joke man:)how did Krstić do?
he showed why exactly he was kicked out of NBA..

on a more serious note, he choked big time. shitted his pants before the game even started and the rest is history..

The tournament isn't over yet, and the once thing this Spanish team has been so far is inconsistent particularly on offence.

Parker has lost so many important games to spanish team that a win against them in a one is a bound to happen.. in spite of Collet and his magic..
coming already on friday..

hagakure
09-19-2013, 02:32 AM
Whoever wins the semifinal wins the tournament most likely. I would be very surprised if that isn't the case.

hagakure
09-19-2013, 02:33 AM
how did Krstić do?
he showed why exactly he was kicked out of NBA..

Krstic was never kicked out of the NBA. He left on his own for the $$

Picek
09-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Krstic was never kicked out of the NBA. He left on his own for the $$sure, but his contribution to the team was bigger in the Nets then later on..
so he decided to take an easy way out..

Dr. Martin
09-19-2013, 04:31 AM
Genius.

Congrats Darrell !!! You are the BEST!

Darrell Armstrong
09-19-2013, 05:34 AM
Congrats Darrell !!! You are the BEST!

Thank you, but it's undeserving. I just refrain from making predictions and taunting other posters before games.

Now, supporting both Serbia and Slovenia, predicting they would both advance and watching them both lose... what would you call it? Bad karma? :p

Dr. Martin
09-19-2013, 07:19 AM
No Sir, its not bad karma. I guess I will have to agree with you that Spain is the BEST in this sport so we don't even have to predict or discuss their matches.

baelor
09-19-2013, 07:20 AM
Thank you, but it's undeserving. I just refrain from making predictions and taunting other posters before games.

Now, supporting both Serbia and Slovenia, predicting they would both advance and watching them both lose... what would you call it? Bad karma? :p

Silly me, and I thought that this forum and especially these threads are designed to MAKE PREDICTIONS for a games that are played. Of course Serbians were optimistic, and other Balkan countries were on their side. Sometimes they were too cocky in their posts, but can you blame them? And when you started to quote their early predictions and laugh at them after the game with that irony and sarcasm - that's where you've showed your IQ. Just let them be. You won, they lost. Couldn't you just enjoy the important win without ironically calling them "genius" or quoting your countrymen in spanish with such a ignorant attitude? Jesus, you southern guys are just such hotheads. First do, then think :cool:

Dr. Martin
09-19-2013, 07:24 AM
Silly me, and I thought that this forum and especially these threads are designed to MAKE PREDICTIONS for a games that are played. Of course Serbians were optimistic, and other Balkan countries were on their side. Sometimes they were too cocky in their posts, but can you blame them? And when you started to quote their early predictions and laugh at them after the game with that irony and sarcasm - that's where you've showed your IQ. Just let them be. You won, they lost. Couldn't you just enjoy the important win without ironically calling them "genius" or quoting your countrymen in spanish with such a ignorant attitude? Jesus, you southern guys are just such hotheads. First do, then think :cool:

That's me, right there..... :p

Darrell Armstrong
09-19-2013, 07:38 AM
No Sir, its not bad karma. I guess I will have to agree with you that Spain is the BEST in this sport so we don't even have to predict or discuss their matches.

You can think what you want. I never said Spain is best at anything, nor I fool myself thinking it is.

baelor
09-19-2013, 07:45 AM
You can think what you want. I never said Spain is best at anything, nor I fool myself thinking it is.

But you react in a very ill manner when anyone posts something against your team... Save your nerves, man:rolleyes:
Almost everyone in this forum posted that LTU is overrated , even some trashtalk. But who cares? :)

There's nothing wrong to think that your country is the BEST in something, especially sports. Nothing wrong with that. But be more patient and react normally when someone doubts that. That's all

Darrell Armstrong
09-19-2013, 08:39 AM
But you react in a very ill manner when anyone posts something against your team... Save your nerves, man:rolleyes:
Almost everyone in this forum posted that LTU is overrated , even some trashtalk. But who cares? :)

There's nothing wrong to think that your country is the BEST in something, especially sports. Nothing wrong with that. But be more patient and react normally when someone doubts that. That's all

You're mistaken me for someone else. That, or you're blinded by prejudice. Look, I wrote a one word quip to answer someone who directed at me a remark assuring the victory of his two teams of choice. Both lost. The fact that one was Spain has nothing to do in the matter, it's funny enough you miss so completely.

baelor
09-19-2013, 09:35 AM
..... Look, I wrote a one word quip to answer someone who directed at me a remark assuring the victory of his two teams of choice. Both lost. ....

So? It's sports. Someone wins and someone loses... so what? noone can "assure" the wins (maybe russians with their money :) )., it was just a prediction. By your logic if I wrote that I'm sure that Lithuania and Croatia will win tonight and I'll be mistaken - you'll give your best to react ironicly to my post? I don't get it.... we're not in 2nd grade already. At least I'm not :)

Luíz for 3
09-19-2013, 10:03 AM

That's prejudice!

rikhardur
09-19-2013, 11:35 AM
That's prejudice!
Generally speaking, fact ;)

pimpekaustas
09-19-2013, 11:37 AM
well we on balkans arent any better :D

Darrell Armstrong
09-19-2013, 11:47 AM
So? It's sports. Someone wins and someone loses... so what? noone can "assure" the wins (maybe russians with their money :) )., it was just a prediction. By your logic if I wrote that I'm sure that Lithuania and Croatia will win tonight and I'll be mistaken - you'll give your best to react ironicly to my post? I don't get it.... we're not in 2nd grade already. At least I'm not :)

As you can tell by my previous actions, yes I'd chase everyone who ever predicts a win against Spain and make the eat their words :rolleyes: But then, I'm still in 2nd grade. I failed to advance to 3rd grade as I hadn't mastered the racist insults.

pimpekaustas
09-19-2013, 11:50 AM
darrell in fact i think you are not typical southerner, they have sense of humour you are just too litteral lol. if you saw prediction thread you would know i in fact predicted spanish victory, smarty ;)

Darrell Armstrong
09-19-2013, 12:49 PM
darrell in fact i think you are not typical southerner, they have sense of humour you are just too litteral lol. if you saw prediction thread you would know i in fact predicted spanish victory, smarty ;)

I did. The "genius" remark wasn't because you failed your double prediction, but because you jinxed both Serbia and Slovenia in one single masterful stroke ;)

Hepcat
09-19-2013, 03:15 PM

But keep in mind that taunting after games is much worse.

:(

Darrell Armstrong
09-19-2013, 03:37 PM
But keep in mind that taunting after games is much worse.

:(

Bad, I agree. Worse, can't see why. At least your team has to win if you want to run your mouth. What I find really annoying is the people who spend the days before a match bragging about how good their team is compared to yours and how easy they'll win... and once they lose you cannot say peep because if you do you're an insensitive clod.

Kwijibo
09-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Ppl is so bitter here. If they can say stupid things b4 game we can laugh about that

unnamed
09-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Ppl is so bitter here. If they can say stupid things b4 game we can laugh about that

Agree.

If you're being cocky before the match you can take mockery later on

pimpekaustas
09-19-2013, 09:40 PM

you are saying stupid things before and after the game, so what? ;) in final, croatia - spain, easy win for us, first game was pure tanking!