PDA

View Full Version : [round2, day2] Game E/5: Lithuania - Belgium

Joško Poljak Fan
09-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Stožice, Ljubljana

It'll be interesting to see if Belgium can repeat their resistance they've shown vs. Serbia, or was it a one time thing.

yessuz
09-13-2013, 09:05 AM
LT has played Belgium in preparation games.

86:61 LTU won with 19 pts from Motiejunas. However, it was the first game in preparation cycle for Lithuania. Not sure if it was the same for BE.

interestingly enough, will we repeat this?

Mindozas
09-13-2013, 11:44 AM
LT has played Belgium in preparation games.

86:61 LTU won with 19 pts from Motiejunas. However, it was the first game in preparation cycle for Lithuania. Not sure if it was the same for BE.

interestingly enough, will we repeat this?

We played them twice. 2nd game was smth like 65:53 or so in slippery Sporto Hale

pimpekaustas
09-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Lets go belgium!

Dr. Martin
09-13-2013, 11:48 AM
hahahaha :D

Marty
09-13-2013, 11:48 AM
this group is like the easy walk through the park, in comparison to the last one

macleopard13
09-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Great defense and offense by Lithuania. We're playing beautiful basketball against a team that resisted Serbia. Let's keep it up!

Darknemo2000
09-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Pretty one-sided match so far. We would be pretty scary if we could hit those open 3-pointers.

lafa
09-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Kuzminskas - the beast has awoken.

macleopard13
09-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Very poor finish. We gave up a 34 point lead and left with a 19 point advantage.

Darknemo2000
09-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Val 12 and 10 rebouns in 8 minutes. In fact it could have been 14 points but refs did not allow him shoot his ft's because of blood.

Shawshank
09-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Kalnietis played 18minutes in those minutes lietuva went +22...Other 22min without kalnietis lietuva went -3...Againts ukraina again kazlauskas should let him play under 20min to have fresh legs in 1/4 there he should play 35min.Overall really most boring game so far of all lietuva played,teams was just different by level...I just happy our game like teams are growing up...

madmax
09-13-2013, 04:23 PM
after beating France, it was obvious that Lithuania will be cruising in the next two games of this group...I still believe that we'll lose our QF match, as I don't trust in Kazlauskas to make proper rotations and substitutes when the score will be tight. That, and his obsession with different starting lineups are baffling to me. I mean how hard it is to understand that Valanciunas is head and shoulders above other centers in our team?:confused: Yet in some games he barely even sees the court. Incredible really

Hepcat
09-14-2013, 08:17 PM
There's been nothing wrong with Kazlauskas' rotations. Valančiūnas has ended up with less court time in precisely those games where he's struggled. Kazlauskas has therefore naturally looked for other combinations out on the floor. One of Team Lietuva's strength is its depth, particularly when it comes to the bigs. I'd be bewildered if the coach wasn't taking advantage of this strength.

arturcia
09-16-2013, 05:39 AM
I mean how hard it is to understand that Valanciunas is head and shoulders above other centers in our team?

maybe JV plays good in the NBA, but he still has a problem in the paint. very good observation made by Petrauskas: JV is waiting for perfect assist, rather than create his own opportunities to score.

Darknemo2000
09-16-2013, 11:19 AM
well to tel the truth whenever he tries to play on his own he gets double teamed mostr of the time. If our guards and forwards would be at least decent from the distance Valanciunas would get more chances to play one on one and most of such cases he scores but when he faces double teams he turns the ball over quiote a bit.

I dont think any of our bigs gets doubleteamed as much as Val. Kleiza included. Ideal pass toi Valanciunas is not leaving him open but leaving him against one opponent. But he doesnt get those. Whenever there is pass to Valanciunas there is a second or even third player around. Opponent coaches see the stats that tell that Valanciunas shoots 78% from the field meaning if he gets ball under the basket and if there is just one guy defending - he will most likely score so the key is to not let him get the pass or at least set a double team trap.

lafa
09-16-2013, 12:23 PM
well to tel the truth whenever he tries to play on his own he gets double teamed mostr of the time. If our guards and forwards would be at least decent from the distance Valanciunas would get more chances to play one on one and most of such cases he scores but when he faces double teams he turns the ball over quiote a bit.

I dont think any of our bigs gets doubleteamed as much as Val. Kleiza included. Ideal pass toi Valanciunas is not leaving him open but leaving him against one opponent. But he doesnt get those. Whenever there is pass to Valanciunas there is a second or even third player around. Opponent coaches see the stats that tell that Valanciunas shoots 78% from the field meaning if he gets ball under the basket and if there is just one guy defending - he will most likely score so the key is to not let him get the pass or at least set a double team trap.

..or, opponent coaches know, that JV is no D-Mo and cannot pass ball to open teammates, therefore all the turnovers and offensive fouls...

madmax
09-16-2013, 01:16 PM
..or, opponent coaches know, that JV is no D-Mo and cannot pass ball to open teammates, therefore all the turnovers and offensive fouls...

yes, Val is such a scrub that he doesn't even know hot to pass a ball to open teammates.:rolleyes:
the truth is in the pudding really - if any of our guards knew hot to pass the ball, we wouldn't be having any of these discussions. Jonas plays in NBA against the best and most athletic players, yet you say he can't play against athletically inferior opponents? Give me some of that stuff that you're smoking please;)

lafa
09-16-2013, 01:33 PM
yes, Val is such a scrub that he doesn't even know hot to pass a ball to open teammates.:rolleyes:
the truth is in the pudding really - if any of our guards knew hot to pass the ball, we wouldn't be having any of these discussions. Jonas plays in NBA against the best and most athletic players, yet you say he can't play against athletically inferior opponents? Give me some of that stuff that you're smoking please;)

Regarding his passing abilities - I wouldn't call a person a scrub in general, but yes, him along with Javtokas are worst passers in our NT.

I never said that he can't play against athletically inferior opponents one on one, but man, bet you're double teamed or triple teamed, you got to pass the ball, and it has nothing to do with our guards passing inabilities. If you get the ball 3-4 meters from basket, you got to work your way towards it, not just lower your left shoulder and try to break through defence like you're some kind of halfback in American football. What I see this year in JV - I don't like very much, he became a bit clumsy and quite one dimensional player, while just last year he was agile and sneaky like an eel. I would be very surprised to see something like reverse dunk from this year Jonas, which wasn't the case last season.... BTW how come that he, considering that he was playing against inferior opponents, was outplayed by ones like Natyazhko or Zaytsev almost every time yesterday?

madmax
09-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Regarding his passing abilities - I wouldn't call a person a scrub in general, but yes, him along with Javtokas are worst passers in our NT.

I never said that he can't play against athletically inferior opponents one on one, but man, bet you're double teamed or triple teamed, you got to pass the ball, and it has nothing to do with our guards passing inabilities. If you get the ball 3-4 meters from basket, you got to work your way towards it, not just lower your left shoulder and try to break through defence like you're some kind of halfback in American football. What I see this year in JV - I don't like very much, he became a bit clumsy and quite one dimensional player, while just last year he was agile and sneaky like an eel. I would be very surprised to see something like reverse dunk from this year Jonas, which wasn't the case last season.... BTW how come that he, considering that he was playing against inferior opponents, was outplayed by ones like Natyazhko or Zaytsev almost every time yesterday?

this is again the stuff, that irks me when lithuanian fans are talking about the game.
How in the hell he was outplayed by those guys? Forgetting the fact that refs missed few obvious fouls against him (like they always do in FIBA competition:rolleyes:), he was just hustling under the basket with ukrainian wrestlers for rebounds. With him on the court, our team in general was doing just fine and increasing their lead. He had just one nice pass from the guards and other than that he watched our guards bricking the ball most of the time. Is that what you call "outplayed" these days?

Darknemo2000
09-16-2013, 01:53 PM

I am with Lafa with this one mate - Vals passing out of double teams has been awful. Its not like he is unwiulling passer (there were a couple of good passes from him) but most of the time he just doenst have the field vision and ends up passing pretty badly. Only Javtokas is worse.

But it isnt true that he was outplayed by Ukrainian centers. Most of the time it was equal and ukrainian centers had better advantage as refs allowed them to hack Jonas hands without any whistles while Jonas was not allowed to touch them when defending himself.

lafa
09-16-2013, 02:04 PM
this is again the stuff, that irks me when lithuanian fans are talking about the game.
How in the hell he was outplayed by those guys? Forgetting the fact that refs missed few obvious fouls against him (like they always do in FIBA competition:rolleyes:), he was just hustling under the basket with ukrainian wrestlers for rebounds. With him on the court, our team in general was doing just fine and increasing their lead. He had just one nice pass from the guards and other than that he watched our guards bricking the ball most of the time. Is that what you call "outplayed" these days? That is not quite right. IMO Motiejunas was the cause of our good play, not Valanciunas. Like the pass he dished at the very end of first quarter to Pocius? And in my eyes the reason why Ukraine cought up with us was not totally due to the fact that Javtokas was playing, but rather that Delininkaitis was playing, who is the biggest fast pace game "breaker" in our NT so to say...

madmax
09-16-2013, 02:22 PM
That is not quite right. IMO Motiejunas was the cause of our good play, not Valanciunas. Like the pass he dished at the very end of first quarter to Pocius? And in my eyes the reason why Ukraine cought up with us was not totally due to the fact that Javtokas was playing, but rather that Delininkaitis was playing, who is the biggest fast pace game "breaker" in our NT so to say...

look, I'm not saying Val was great yesterday or anything.
But you have to look at things from his perspective too - our coach is unwilling to play him extended minutes no matter how he plays or does (in favor of giving few minutes to Javtokas for some peculiar reason:rolleyes:), so he can never get into any kind of rhytm whatsoever. Not to mention that our so called "leader" Kleiza basically has a green light to do whatever the hell he wants to do (and that means not to play defense and brick any shot he feels like taking). So when you have a situation when some guys play around 30 minutes no matter what and Jonas always gets around 10 minutes or so, you have to put things into perspective mate