PDA

View Full Version : [round2, day1] Game F/2: Finland - Croatia

Joško Poljak Fan
09-11-2013, 05:54 PM
14:30
Stožice, Ljubljana

Croatia is on a rise and their players are playing with a lot of emotions lately. The debacle vs. Spain is forgotten and they might just have a chance to finaly get to some better result than in the past. Fan support will reportedly increase even further for Finland, while with the defensive game they're able to play they will be pain in the ass for just about anyone. I believe it's also time for Croats to pack Stožice arena, their team deserves it, nevermind the scepticism before the championship.

pimpekaustas
09-11-2013, 05:57 PM
but what is this with all games played in 14:30? most of people who want to come couldnt make it that early cause of work.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Slovenia always gets the prime time at 21.00, than my guess is Spain does their best with Fiba to get 17.45 and Croatia falls into the 14.30 remaining slot.

I checked the schedule and was completely right. Damn, that could be some 1000 Croatian (and Italian) fans less per game, with maybee 100 Spaniards attending :confused:

Liha
09-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Finland has had 14:30 every time except once vs Italy. Then we had the 18:00~ slot, but I don't mind. I think it even helps when when Finland is used to that game time.

Funny fact, coinsidence or not: Finland won all their 14:30 games and lost the only 18:00 vs Italy.

Btw Rannikko is back for next game after he skipped Greece game due to injury. I thought he'll have to skip the rest of the touranemnt.

Alyosha12
09-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Its so sad, that a Croatian basketball team has less fans in Slovenia then Finland does. Croatia, where basketball has so much history, basketball has fallen so of the map, that if the players would be passing a ball in a pool, more people would attend that silly game instead of basketball.

Markoishvili
09-12-2013, 12:43 PM
There were plenty of fans in Celje.

14:30 is not friendly to those who work. I suspect there will be a lot more Croatian fans on saturday.

Finland plays "harakiri" style basketball defensively, but that has paid dividens so far obviously. Croatia missing open shot after open shot.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Finland can't hit anything even if their lives depended on it. Croatia played some good defense on Koponen which imo is the key when playing vs. Finland, they are also using their height very well, either when it comes to rebounding or inside game. Finland might be coming back as I don't believe they can throw as bad untill the end of the game, however I don't think they would be able to upset the Croats afterall.

I've expected more Finish and no matter the time Croatian fans...

Alyosha12
09-12-2013, 01:27 PM
There were plenty of fans in Celje.

14:30 is not friendly to those who work. I suspect there will be a lot more Croatian fans on saturday.

Finland plays "harakiri" style basketball defensively, but that has paid dividens so far obviously. Croatia missing open shot after open shot.

I'm sorry but if this were a handball game, there would be 3k Croatian fans IMO. Basketball has lost all relativity in Croatia, and its sad to see, especially, when they have so many great players and some amzing players in the youth leagues still waiting to emerge.

Guard
09-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Finland might regret they came here after all.....how the moly could greece lose to this mugs

KWSN-Men
09-12-2013, 01:45 PM
And so Croatia is showing Greece how it's done.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-12-2013, 02:04 PM
I was hoping I would be able to say that after after Croatia-Slovenia, but now I surely can... Croatia is at this moment playing one of the best basketballs on the tournament.

pimpekaustas
09-12-2013, 02:37 PM
georgia, poland and czech republic are better than this finland by class. wtf was greece doing :D

Cojayar
09-12-2013, 03:13 PM
georgia, poland and czech republic are better than this finland by class. wtf was greece doing :D

I like your consistency, Georgia, Poland and Czech from group C are better than Finland, that easily qualified for the second round. But ...

this is what you said five days ago:

group C is weakest of all 4

Ok. You change your mind or you do not understand much about it? http://forums.interbasket.net/images/smilies/confused.png

pimpekaustas
09-12-2013, 03:16 PM
i'm just writing rubbish as usual. whichever team croatia beats must be bad. years of practice. still finland looked worst than those three

Dr. Martin
09-13-2013, 05:25 AM
Awful shooting day for Finland. Congratulations to Croatia!

pohani komarac
09-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Alyosa: There were good amount of Croatian fans in Ljubljana (over 1k), but were siting on worst seats

Considering time, popularity of basketball in recent years, 350k without job with 55% young being without job and considering people have to work whole day for 15 to 50 euros (depends on job and where people live) wich is amount how much tickets cost I'm quite happy how much fans are atending Croatian games