PDA

View Full Version : [round2, day1] Game E/3: Belgium - Serbia

Levenspiel
09-10-2013, 06:38 PM
11-Sep-2013
17:45 CET
Stozice Arena, Ljubljana

Belgium is taking on Serbia on the first game of the second round. Will they surprise us in this tournament of upsets?

pimpekaustas
09-11-2013, 11:43 AM
i like belgian beer, dont like serbian beer, so belgium will win

Shawshank
09-11-2013, 03:15 PM
serbia by 35 or 40+...

christodoulou76
09-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Group A rises from the ashes. Belgium up 8-0 after 3 mins.

Darknemo2000
09-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Sebia in front by ė at the half, but they arent looking very impressive. When they were fighting lithuania they went with passion and burning eyes and here they look almost bored.

Guard
09-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Not bad performance by Belgica

christodoulou76
09-11-2013, 05:03 PM
:cool: game

Luíz for 3
09-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Zone defense when you are one possession done! :confused:

Ayrfon
09-11-2013, 05:40 PM
first team who made it to 1/4 finals! :)
if we finish 8th and don't make it to WC, i'll shoot myself :)

Joško Poljak Fan
09-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Belgium played a very narrow version of zone and that didn't work out for that last minute, otherwise it had some effect beforehand. I've expected the zone in the last minutes, however trying out with some wider version wouldn't hurt. My guess is that their coach gave it a shot with nothing to lose a lot to gain attitude.

unnamed
09-11-2013, 05:43 PM
We don't know how to respond to anti-basketball things such as zone defence and fishy calls, and I guess I do understand these young guys don't know how to play againt zone def. but they should play harder when refs make calls against us

Joško Poljak Fan
09-11-2013, 06:14 PM
To be honest I've counted quite a bit more calls in Serbia's favour than against you. Not exactly sure what you are talking about, Serbia basicaly played bad as they couldn't respond to Belgium defense, referees had very little to do with that.

YuGo_BoY
09-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Who is next ? ;)

Chopin
09-11-2013, 10:26 PM
To be honest I've counted quite a bit more calls in Serbia's favour than against you. Not exactly sure what you are talking about, Serbia basicaly played bad as they couldn't respond to Belgium defense, referees had very little to do with that.

I agree, non exisisting foul on Markovic more or less decided the game. Belgium would have an easy lay up and would go to 3, but instead of that Markovic shot 2 free throws and it was 7 and end of hopes for Belgium (they still fought though, but it would me a much different game in the last minute and a half if there was not that non existing foul call).
Anyway Serbia deservedly won. I dont see them as medal contenders, but time may proove me wrong.

unnamed
09-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Ah the dubious call on Markovic... but there were some other situations where Serbia was damaged when we could leap to bigger advantage and win the game earlier if the refs were doing their job. For instance when Hervelle was shooting for 3, dropped the ball and took it back(even if no one but him touched the ball) once again passes to his teammate who scored triple, and there were also some situations when our guards were fouled on the layup situations. So if you want to talk about it then yes it could be +3 after if they didn't call the foul on Markovic, but it could be +13 if they called every situation. It goes both way

Jon_Koncak
09-12-2013, 09:45 AM
the non call on Hervelle was actually a good one.When you attepmt to shoot you can catch the ball afterwards.Hervelle did attepmt to shoot,it just slipped,it wasnt intentional.

unnamed
09-12-2013, 07:03 PM
the non call on Hervelle was actually a good one.When you attepmt to shoot you can catch the ball afterwards.Hervelle did attepmt to shoot,it just slipped,it wasnt intentional.

Good intentions doesn't count. Ball didn't hit the rim, and he performed hop step before the shoot, its a travelling.

Dr. Martin
09-13-2013, 05:35 AM
I agree, non exisisting foul on Markovic more or less decided the game. Belgium would have an easy lay up and would go to 3, but instead of that Markovic shot 2 free throws and it was 7 and end of hopes for Belgium (they still fought though, but it would me a much different game in the last minute and a half if there was not that non existing foul call).
Anyway Serbia deservedly won. I dont see them as medal contenders, but time may proove me wrong.

And that's what happen to us against Lithuania. But anyway...