Nikola Vucevic (Montenegro)

Orlando Magic - 33.2 min, 13.1 pts, 11.9 reb
Montenegro NT - 14 min, 6,3 pts, 3 reb

pimpekaustas
09-08-2013, 10:10 AM

he can play bad but nobody can tell me that such difference in rebounds isnt thing of attitude, meaning not giving a f... montenegro disapoitment again

Migelitas
09-08-2013, 10:43 AM

I think we should look for some kind of agreement between KSCG and Orlando Magic staff.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Matter of playing style as well... I mean the best, 2nd best, 3rd best, 4th best etc. Montenegro players are all playing under the rim. Of course that has to show somehow... That's why I keep laughing when asking people if they'd consider Montenegro for a gold medal in case they could add Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler and Zach Randolph :D lot's of people actualy believe that would do....

macleopard13
09-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Let's see if Jonas can hold his ground against Nikola Vucevic - he's a strong post player. Besides him, we've got to keep Dubljevic, Bjelica and Rice in check. Montenegro is a strong rebounding team, but if we play our solid defense effectively and make some good plays, we can win this. I expect a tough game, but a win from us in the end.

Nothing to lose
09-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Matter of playing style as well... I mean the best, 2nd best, 3rd best, 4th best etc. Montenegro players are all playing under the rim. Of course that has to show somehow... That's why I keep laughing when asking people if they'd consider Montenegro for a gold medal in case they could add Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler and Zach Randolph :D lot's of people actualy believe that would do....

So lack of athleticism is our issue, not huge oscilation during the game, sloppy defense, terrible performances from our frontcourt? I dont remember Slovenia have some high fliers or high level athetes beside Dragic. FYI Vucevic is battling stomach virus and his minutes were reduced because of that and according to our coach he did not fit well in defensive schemes.Montenegro was never considered gold medal contender or any kind of contender at all, wishful thinking of some reporters which had mancrush in our frontcourt(which got decimated when Pekovic decided not to play and Todorovic got injured) doesnt make global opinion of us being contenders.

lafa
09-08-2013, 08:25 PM
I don't get, Seibutis should have been benched 5 minutes ago, yet he's still playing and made 2 sillliest mistakes in a row, [email protected]#ing superstar...

madmax
09-08-2013, 08:35 PM
I can't believe the discrepancy in quality between our guards and forwards...I've lost the count how many times those little suckers lost the ball already:rolleyes: There will be no QF for us if we don't improve our passing by leaps and bounds

lafa
09-08-2013, 08:36 PM
I can't believe the discrepancy in quality between our guards and forwards...I've lost the count how many times those little suckers lost the ball already:rolleyes: There will be no QF for us if we don't improve our passing by leaps and bounds

or at least our rebounding, which suppose to be our strong side...

Nothing to lose
09-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Ksistos "Kevin Love" Lavrinovic

Apollo64
09-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Crazy 3 to tie the game for Montenegro.

madmax
09-08-2013, 08:42 PM
or at least our rebounding, which suppose to be our strong side...

yeah, and that too...fookin hell, can somebody grab a rebound today at all?:confused:

Nothing to lose
09-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Guy scored 2 points in 3 games now he beasts against us, seems like role players have tendecy to beast againist us(Gordic,Stojanovski brothers,Latvian guy which hit 2 back to back threes in last minute)

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 08:49 PM
if Montenegro wins MKD is out what a day

lafa
09-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Seibutis is Kazlauskas's beloved pet, and it makes him the most annoying player in our NT. Is Pocius really that worse?!

Miškinis
09-08-2013, 08:56 PM
So, we won. I'm not impressed...

madmax
09-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Seibutis is Kazlauskas's beloved pet, and it makes him the most annoying player in our NT. Is Pocius really that worse?!

I believe he truly is mate, and that's the sad part...

Mindozas
09-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Thnx Montenegro coach for keepein' that former Rytas' bum Bjelica on court in decisive moments, he did everything right to win it for us

Nothing to lose
09-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Our games might not be on highest level but probably are the most interesting ones.Every game we played was close and winner was unknown until last seconds.

LTbotd
09-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Bros won the game for us. Haters gonna hate i guess :D
Seibutis is Kazlauskas long lost son, because there is no other explanation of why Pocius is being ignored so much. Yes, hes out of shape, but come on, Seibutis is more or less the same. Maybe Kazlauskas is going to win it all with 3 (or 2, because Delnas doesnt play much too) guards playing all the minutes. It's absolutely clear that this team is fucked, no balance between bigs and guards whats so ever. With such performances maybe we will reach QF, but thats it i think.

macleopard13
09-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Our games might not be on highest level but probably are the most interesting ones.Every game we played was close and winner was unknown until last seconds.

All you Balkan teams give your opponents hell. I wouldn't be surprised if we win by only 10 points tomorrow. You guys are fighters and play aggressive basketball. I hope it will get a little bit easier once we get out of this group.

Defense kind of fell apart today for us. We couldn't grab rebounds in the decisive moments, players were too slow to rotate... I'm glad our offense (particularly the Lavrinovic brothers), as well as silly Montenegrin mistakes, won us the game. But really, today I was worried right up until Valanciunas got that rebound on defense after Darjus' three pointer. You guys gave a hell of a fight - nice job today! I will be cheering for you against Serbia.

auris1
09-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Anyone with with a link to a full game on YouTube?

Straight forward
09-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Situation is not good. Lithuania sucks so far and I'm not crying here - simply stating the fact. I saw a lot of similarities between Kemzura and Kazlauskas in terms of our rotation (some see it as advantage, I'm not), but now I see that we have a lot in common with Butautas' 2009 team. The only real difference is players individual abilities. All other is basically the same - slow and ineffective basketball. And I'm starting to think that it's not that players can't follow Kazlauskas' commands, it's all plan rather weak and static. Our movement without the ball might be the worst in all tournament. Only individual efforts save us so far - be it Klanietis, Mačiulis, Motiejunas, Lavrinovič or Valančiūnas. We still waiting for Kleiza's and Kuzminskas' turn in the bright side. This team is ridiculously slow and the half court basketball simply not working. With this thin Eurobasket everything is possible, but I'm completely disappointed with how this team is playing so far. The bad thing that i don't see any adjustments. We are not improving. We still have no fast brakes and our bigs receives the ball only in laughable situation. Valančiūnas third game in a row recieves the ball only in the left corner...enough said.

Yes, I have to say Kšistof played a really nice game and I'm happy about it, but it's not like he played well in defence and it's not like he is anywhere close at this stage of career to be consistent. The fact that Brothers has the same role as Valančiūnas and Kleiza in this team says a lot about this team's (Kazlauskas' team to be particular) seilings (I guess).

To sup up 4 games: Lithuania is not playing as a team and more over most players are playing below their capabilities indvidually. That means both tactics and ability to take the best from each player is not working. Ugly and weak basketball is the result off course. So far I'm not impressed with our wins. Personally this tournament so far even reminds me 2001 when Kazlauskas' team also struggled being among contenders. When Lithuania sucked in 2006 and 2009 it wasn't that bad because those teams were weak, but now even those wins are very painful and ugly. Maybe it's just me.

However! :D I can see two positive things. Our team still has more reserves probably than any other team individually and chaos of coaching means changes which might be positive.