PDA

View Full Version : [round1, day4] Game B/10: Bosnia & Herzegovina - FYR of Macedonia

Levenspiel
09-08-2013, 07:33 AM
8-Sep-2013
14:30 CET

Another ex-yugo derby. so, who's gonna win?

CG
09-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Like it
Like a quarter final game

AmonRA
09-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Very intensive game so far, me like it also :D

HalfCourTrap
09-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Our shot for 3 non existing in the 1st half.
We've had 7:0 in the first 3 minutes, and then Bosnians started shooting like crazy.
They are good in counter attacks and managed to close McCaleb not entering inside the box. That was a good chance for our 3pt shooters but we are shooting poorly.

In any case, Bosnains are 1 point ahead, considering how they killed us with off.rebounds, 1 point advantage is not an issue.

We must change our tactics and letting Bo play like SG not just entering the box - they closed it with their bug guys.

Bosnian 23
09-08-2013, 01:18 PM
We're playing well, Wright/Dedovic/Teletovic doing well. Volim te Bosno!!!

CG
09-08-2013, 01:32 PM
This group with the ex yugo countries is as hell as it goes
Every game looks derby there

Edit man we have disqualifcation of bosnia coach.i think refs support fyrom:p

christodoulou76
09-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Petrovic kicked out of the game with 2 technicals. :eek:

Apollo64
09-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Aco Petrovic ejected.

HalfCourTrap
09-08-2013, 01:45 PM
It was absolutely deserved, he behaved like a dick.head all the time and that applause to the refs was topping.
I must be fair and admit that refs are leaning to MKD side :)

pimpekaustas
09-08-2013, 01:45 PM
what a clown aca trica

keratexas
09-08-2013, 01:57 PM
The 2 Americans pg are the best rebounders in this game..

Guard
09-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Mirzaaaaaa!!!

CG
09-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Great game to see if you love tension

Guard
09-08-2013, 02:02 PM

By far the best this tourney. you feel the need for the win here both teams

Dr. Martin
09-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Congrats to BIH!

Darknemo2000
09-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Seems like this game is lost to Mecedonia.

HalfCourTrap
09-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Better team won, our shot from 3pt range was beyond horrible 3/25.
Too many out of form players- out positions n.5 ( Gecevski and Samardziski) were awfull as well as the brothers which were non existant in the 40 minutes.
Let's see if Serbia wins vs Latvia and hope mirracle in the last round....

Teletovic killed us shoting like Drazen from 3pt range.
Other than that BiH is such an average team, they will be toyed if they manage to go go next round.

keratexas
09-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Other than that BiH is such an average team, they will be toyed if they manage to go go next round.

u should have the same opinion for your team..

AmonRA
09-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Macedonia lost because of two reason:
1. They are to tired...
2. Second techical for Aca, that turned up match in favor of BiH...

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/3q/ja/bO2Bpe7/1.gif
lol :D

HalfCourTrap
09-08-2013, 02:22 PM
u should have the same opinion for your team..

It may be but in 2011 we have proved the opposite.

I agree with AmonRa, Aca Trica technical turned the match around.
It is a gamble, this time a good gamble by Aca.

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Better team won, our shot from 3pt range was beyond horrible 3/25.
Too many out of form players- out positions n.5 ( Gecevski and Samardziski) were awfull as well as the brothers which were non existant in the 40 minutes.
Let's see if Serbia wins vs Latvia and hope mirracle in the last round....

Teletovic killed us shoting like Drazen from 3pt range.

Its just pure irony that bosnia was better and won after Petrovic got disqualified.

The worst Macedonian game i have ever seen the game was awfull to watch anyway It was not about which team is better it was about which team is worse and macedonia won that comparison by far. We played total shit today i dont know what they have done yesterday but i bet that all got drunk after the win over Serbia which now is worth nothing. Congratulations to Bosnia very deserved.
Now we have to win tommorow against Latvia and hope for Serbia and Lithuania to win their games by a high margin. Well i bet Cekovski if he wasnt injured would have made some 3pointer but thats over now his 33points in the preperation against BIH where crucial.

PS: 3/25 3points for Macedonia. Against Serbia Vlado alone had more.

Adon
09-08-2013, 02:27 PM

More tension in FINvsRUS.

Dr. Martin
09-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Respect for Bosnia. Ales Pipan lost this one... Kostovski needs to play!

Apollo64
09-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Who knew that Bosnia can play defense?

This is a crazy, crazy group.

keratexas
09-08-2013, 02:30 PM
It may be but in 2011 we have proved the opposite.

I agree with AmonRa, Aca Trica technical turned the match around.
It is a gamble, this time a good gamble by Aca.

and in 2012 u proved why u remain an average european team..

unnamed
09-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Wow, didn't see this coming. Congratulations to Bosnia, its been proven again: players that have 3 cars in their garage can't play with same energy level "rookies" play

Ayrfon
09-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Its just pure irony that bosnia was better and won after Petrovic got disqualified.

The worst Macedonian game i have ever seen the game was awfull to watch anyway It was not about which team is better it was about which team is worse and macedonia won that comparison by far. We played total shit today i dont know what they have done yesterday but i bet that all got drunk after the win over Serbia which now is worth nothing. Congratulations to Bosnia very deserved.
Now we have to win tommorow against Latvia and hope for Serbia and Lithuania to win their games by a high margin. Well i bet Cekovski if he wasnt injured would have made some 3pointer but thats over now his 33points in the preperation against BIH where crucial.

PS: 3/25 3points for Macedonia. Against Serbia Vlado alone had more.

that happens often with Dusko Vujosevic...guess that kinda flames things and gets the team extra motivated

anyway, it was a real battle...tho i agree with Pero, quality was very bad...
it's actually a great result for Serbian team and releases the pressure a bit...but i'm sooo looking forward to watching MKD-LAT game tomorrow... expect a real thriller with Antic leading his army like William Wallace :)

unnamed
09-08-2013, 02:34 PM
More tension in FINvsRUS.

Damned Finns, I lost money on them, I was thinking they would defeat easily wounded Russian team

Marty
09-08-2013, 02:48 PM
macedonia shows the true level

macleopard13
09-08-2013, 02:59 PM
What's happening with Macedonia??? :eek:

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Hey Guys, this group will go into history to be the most craziest ever.......look

IF:

Today
Serbia wins over Latvia (very likely)
Lithuania wins today over Montenegro (very likely)

Tommorow
Macedonia wins over latvia (likely if we play like against serbia)
Lithuania beat Bosnia (very likely)
Serbia beat Montenegro (very likely) but look*

we should than have a table with three teams

Macedonia 2/3 7p
Latvia 2/3 7p.
Bosnia 2/3 7p.

in this case where everyone has a win against each other there is the three way tie rule http://bruneibasketball.blogspot.de/2009/04/fibas-quotient-system-explained.html which appears

*BUTTTTTTTT

what if Serbia loses his last game on purpose to avoid Macedonia to be a possible second round team cause in that case the would took only 2points instead of 4p. Which again would totaly change the situation into this..

Macedonia 2/3 7p.
Latvia 2/3 7p.
Bosnia 2/3 7p.
Montenegro 2/3 7p.

Now the Rule i posted doesnt count anymore and the better goal differnce will decide.

PS: if thats not crazy i dont know what then is the definition of this word anything can happen.

pablonis
09-08-2013, 03:16 PM
What's happening with Macedonia??? :eek:

Though i did not see the game, i'm pretty sure they were robbed. ;)

Nothing to lose
09-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Though i did not see the game, i'm pretty sure they were robbed. ;)

This time suspicious calls through game were usually going in their favor :) I am sure we would hear about it if it was other way around.

christodoulou76
09-08-2013, 04:41 PM
The tiebreaker rules are explained on p. 68 of the FIBA rules book (http://fiba.com/downloads/Rules/2012/OfficialBasketballRules2012.pdf).

Ayrfon
09-08-2013, 04:48 PM
if i understood well:
- in a case of LAT-MKD-BIH triangle, MKD has to win by 10+ tomorrow, otherwise LAT goes through
- 4 teams LAT-MKD-BIH-CG: LAT and BIH have 2 wins, MKD & CG 1 win... LAT won vs BIH, so they go through?

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 05:05 PM
if i understood well:
- in a case of LAT-MKD-BIH triangle, MKD has to win by 10+ tomorrow, otherwise LAT goes through
- 4 teams LAT-MKD-BIH-CG: LAT and BIH have 2 wins, MKD & CG 1 win... LAT won vs BIH, so they go through?

this will be the case..i am pretty sure Serbia wil lose on purpose to take all 4points what a stupid system which alows you to cheat.

If we just won our first game this would have never happend really unlucky but after todays performace its deserved.

Ayrfon
09-08-2013, 05:13 PM
[/B]

this will be the case..i am pretty sure Serbia wil lose on purpose to take all 4points what a stupid system which alows you to cheat.

If we just won our first game this would have never happend really unlucky but after todays performace its deserved.

why do you keep whinning up front? :)

first of all, we might lose against Latvia... also, you have to beat them by 10... if all that happens and we let CG, i forgive you :)

but i think you are just supersticious :)

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 05:36 PM
why do you keep whinning up front? :)

first of all, we might lose against Latvia... also, you have to beat them by 10... if all that happens and we let CG, i forgive you :)

but i think you are just supersticious :)

we play at 14:30 if we win by 10ps

serbia will lose tommorow 100% there is no way they let us in.

PS: ill bet all my money on montenegro then atleast something good come out of this Eurobasket.

AiwiTo
09-08-2013, 05:57 PM
we play at 14:30 if we win by 10ps

serbia will lose tommorow 100% there is no way they let us in.

PS: ill bet all my money on montenegro then atleast something good come out of this Eurobasket.

You are incredible. Win over Latvia, and then pray for Serbia, but not speak that shitty things.. I can not believe that Serbia could lose to Montenegro on purpose.. I believe they have some pride, not like France/Greece some years ago, then they both tried to lose to avoid Spain in quarters. If I good remember, France was that "lucky" team to go home after 1/4...

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 06:02 PM
You are incredible. Win over Latvia, and then pray for Serbia, but not speak that shitty things.. I can not believe that Serbia could lose to Montenegro on purpose.. I believe they have some pride, not like France/Greece some years ago, then they both tried to lose to avoid Spain in quarters. If I good remember, France was that "lucky" team to go home after 1/4...

look, if we win by 10p. and serbia wins they only got 2points if they lose they got 4p. with that they can indeed avoid spain in the 1/4final. In this case every normal team would act like that.

Aleksandar22
09-08-2013, 06:07 PM
look, if we win by 10p. and serbia wins they only got 2points if they lose they got 4p. with that they can indeed avoid spain in the 1/4final. In this case every normal team would act like that.

if we lose next time your'e in Belgrade let me now and i will take you to get drunk(my treat) :) .....(cause i can't think that we will loose from Montenegro again)

Darknemo2000
09-08-2013, 06:08 PM

Yeah but neither Lithuania nor Serbia won against them by 10pt or more. It may be very hard to do.

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah but neither Lithuania nor Serbia won against them by 10pt or more. It may be very hard to do.

it will for sure but its not impossible....however after todays game i dont think we deserve to be there anymore. Bosnia and Aca Petrovic beating us is something i will never understand stupid mentality

Ayrfon
09-08-2013, 06:21 PM
look, i agree with you... there is a lot in a stake, not only 1/4finals but also a place in the WC next year... and it's really not the same entering second round with 4 points and better h2h against two opponents or with the same number of points with other two teams and bad h2h against danger team (MKD)...so, i can't say that is impossible to happen, even tho i honestly doubt...

but there are other things you forgot...
1) you have to beat LAT by 10+, that none of the teams managed before
2) LTU has to win both game...which is very likely...but when i said yesterday that i don't expect anymore surprises from BIH and CG, many disagreed with me...and now suddenly these two wins are a done deal
3) you have more reasons to be frustrated cause of what happened in your game against CG and also why you couldn't have beaten (with all the respect for what they did) at least on paper the weakest team in this group (BIH)
4) this is underestimation of CG team...you beat us and they beat you...so why is it so hard to believe they can win that game fair and square? especially since they already beat us twice in qualies
5) besides, if you think there will be "suspicious" things on SRB-CG match, your federation can offer a "deal" to your ex neighbours to lose the game on purpose too :)

*number 5 is a huge BS but i had to write it :)

pohani komarac
09-08-2013, 06:30 PM
it will for sure but its not impossible....however after todays game i dont think we deserve to be there anymore. Bosnia and Aca Petrovic beating us is something i will never understand stupid mentality

In reality Bosnia and Herzegovina have better players then Macedonia. Macedonia have only better american on roster. Even tough "Bunny" Wright is very underrated player. What realy made Macedonia great in 2011. was great mentality, team spirit, team wich fit each other and one star in Bo McCalebb

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 06:31 PM
look, i agree with you... there is a lot in a stake, not only 1/4finals but also a place in the WC next year... and it's really not the same entering second round with 4 points and better h2h against two opponents or with the same number of points with other two teams and bad h2h against danger team (MKD)...so, i can't say that is impossible to happen, even tho i honestly doubt...

but there are other things you forgot...
1) you have to beat LAT by 10+, that none of the teams managed before
2) LTU has to win both game...which is very likely...but when i said yesterday that i don't expect anymore surprises from BIH and CG, many disagreed with me...and now suddenly these two wins are a done deal
3) you have more reasons to be frustrated cause of what happened in your game against CG and also why you couldn't have beaten (with all the respect for what they did) at least on paper the weakest team in this group (BIH)
4) this is underestimation of CG team...you beat us and they beat you...so why is it so hard to believe they can win that game fair and square? especially since they already beat us twice in qualies
5) besides, if you think there will be "suspicious" things on SRB-CG match, your federation can offer a "deal" to your ex neighbours to lose the game on purpose too :)

*number 5 is a huge BS but i had to write it :)

1.) We where the first to beat you which again beside us noone managed to do.

5.) True absolutelly its a shame.....

4.)this doesnt make sense i never said that CG cant beat you they have in the qualfiers indeed but if your team will face that situation where they need to lose to get more points in the second round then they will do so and in that case we are done.

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 06:33 PM
In reality Bosnia and Herzegovina have better players then Macedonia. Macedonia have only better american on roster. Even tough "Bunny" Wright is very underrated player. What realy made Macedonia great in 2011. was great mentality, team spirit, team wich fit each other and one star in Bo McCalebb

haha, yeah thats why they underpeform all the time

Ayrfon
09-08-2013, 06:39 PM
i think you should stop getting stressed up front... i still think it's super difficult beating LAT by 10, so we should leave the discussion until two games of tomorrow are done :)

all i wanted is to say that we are a young team with oscilations...so i didn't like what you are saying sounded like- if CG wins it was cheating :)

anyway, i swear i will be cheering for MKD to make it through as there is no more sympatic player than Todor Gecevski :)

pohani komarac
09-08-2013, 06:50 PM

nope, because this is best team they ever had. this is first time in long period they actally have players from all 3 entitys at same time (Croats, Bosniaks and Serbs) and finlly didn't have to manny absentes. In some difrent universe, Bosnia and Herzegovina would be powerhose in basketball and in many other sports

Bosnian 23
09-08-2013, 06:56 PM

When we click, we are very good team. Shown how we beat you today.

Btw, I think we are better than Latvia on paper. Most people don't know their best players name.

Bosnian 23
09-08-2013, 06:57 PM
nope, because this is best team they ever had. this is first time in long period they actally have players from all 3 entitys at same time (Croats, Bosniaks and Serbs) and finlly didn't have to manny absentes. In some difrent universe, Bosnia and Herzegovina would be powerhose in basketball and in many other sports

:cool: Yeah man, and wait till Nurkic and Dedovic's brother are on the team with Teletovic, Wright, and the older Dedovic. :eek:

unnamed
09-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Pero Antic, we might lost against you but we lost against MNE twice last year in truly rugby matches. I believe Krstic, Bjelica, Markovic, Andjusic and Nedovic thrive for revenge, and if my prediction become truth and we beat MNE you owe us an apology thread here ;)

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Pero Antic, we might lost against you but we lost against MNE twice last year in truly rugby matches. I believe Krstic, Bjelica, Markovic, Andjusic and Nedovic thrive for revenge, and if my prediction become truth and we beat MNE you owe us an apology thread here ;)

so krstic, Bjelica and co. would trade a victory over Montenegro with a easy oponent in the 1/4finals and a maybe semifinal? well this for me sounds....

I am just saying why should any team win in such circumstances.

PS: We will beat Latvia tommorow by a margin of 20 or something the rest is in your hands.

unnamed
09-08-2013, 07:47 PM
so krstic, Bjelica and co. would trade a victory over Montenegro with a easy oponent in the 1/4finals and a maybe semifinal? well this for me sounds....

I am just saying why should any team win in such circumstances.

PS: We will beat Latvia tommorow by a margin of 20 or something the rest is in your hands.
We are talking about young Serbian guys here, they are in learning process. What will they learn if they purposely lose game? They wont grow into real champions if they cheat, and in that case all effort Ivkovic invested would be in vain

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 07:56 PM
We are talking about young Serbian guys here, they are in learning process. What will they learn if they purposely lose game? They wont grow into real champions if they cheat, and in that case all effort Ivkovic invested would be in vain

ok, we will see that

Ayrfon
09-08-2013, 08:22 PM
so krstic, Bjelica and co. would trade a victory over Montenegro with a easy oponent in the 1/4finals and a maybe semifinal?

please tell me which opponent is easy for us...Spain or a home team? Greece? or Italy? :)
also, i'd be very happy to know who will be winner of that group and who will be 2nd, 3rd and 4th...as i have no clue :)

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 08:38 PM
please tell me which opponent is easy for us...Spain or a home team? Greece? or Italy? :)
also, i'd be very happy to know who will be winner of that group and who will be 2nd, 3rd and 4th...as i have no clue :)

true, there is no room for prediction

Joško Poljak Fan
09-09-2013, 12:22 AM
As soon as Aco gets ejected, BiH wins. :) That surely can't be overlooked

Dr. Martin
09-09-2013, 03:46 AM
As soon as Aco gets ejected, BiH wins. :) That surely can't be overlooked

I can imagine what would happen if he was ejected in the first quarter :D

Dr. Martin
09-10-2013, 03:26 AM
macedonia shows the true level

What's up Marty? :cool: