PDA

View Full Version : [round1, day3] Game C/9: Georgia - Slovenia

Joško Poljak Fan
09-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Date: 7.9.2013
Time: 21.00
Venus: Zlatorog arena, Celje

Slovenian fans that are expecting an easy blowout against Georgia after the win against Spain have one thing in common... they haven't yet seen Georgia play...

YuGo_BoY
09-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Easy win for Slovenia if they continue to play like they played against Spain.

Good luck neighbors!

PieR
09-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Another difficult game in my opinion.

I belive we will win, but we will struggle till the end.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Slovenia has a superb perimeter defense and has to use it. Hickman, Markoishvili, Tsintsandze shouldn't enter the last quarter of the game even remotely fresh and ready, I'd even wish some sort of full-court press for those 3-4 minutes period as we've got the rotation for that and Georgia could be really vulnerable there. It'll be interesting to see how we'll cope with Sanikidze at PF as obviously only Edo Murič can cope with his athleticism and even Nachbar as our fastest PF would occasionaly be lagging behind him.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Once again a win in the last seconds, but feel relief as I was kind of afraid of this game. After their loss vs. Croatia, Georgia had to win this one, while our players didn't play with the same intensity as in the previous ones and it showed on court.

After that zone defense that caught us sleeping that 8/13 for 3 kind of made some players believe the long range is the answer today and Slovenia later ended with 9/27, that's 0/13 untill that final trey by Lorbek. That especialy too bad as with insisting on slashing game, short Georgian rotation would have suffered. Apart from that shot selection, Lakovič didn't have his day, his organisation of the game was slow and static, as soon as Nebojša or Goran came in, the results were instantly visible. I respect Jaka since he isn't saving strenght in defense as relatively a lot of players his age does, but since of course that makes him tired I'd prefer Joksimovič playing PG those few minutes more, with Jaka on SG.

Anyway, it was a troubleing game that could have easily gone Georgian way, so I'm satisfied with the win. Some weaknesses were exposed, hopefully they'll be adressed for the future games.

Kokoškov is doing a great job imo, Sanikidze on PF is a nightmare matchup, Georgia basicaly lost due to it's short bench in my opinion and If Zaza and Shengelia would be present at the next occasion this team with 2 more players in the rotation would be able to do something substantial.

Dreamcatcher
09-07-2013, 11:09 PM
I liked Georgia, they were very close in both games against Chroatia and Slovenia.

BrutalDlx
09-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Hey, what's up with Slovenia, I thought they always choked in games that went to the wire, now they've won 3 in a row.
Holy DNA modification Batman!

Gonzaka
09-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Well done Slovenia. Impressive Lorbek in the last quarter, after a very hard game.

It's a pitty Georgia is going to be eliminated.