Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euroleague Signings and Rumours Vol. 5 (mid-season transfers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroleague Signings and Rumours Vol. 5 (mid-season transfers)

Given that we reached 41 pages in the 4th volume of the thread it is time to start the 5th volume, which will inevitably be about mid-season transfers.

Thanks to sariss for bringing it to my attention.
    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Bring on the news!

GMs got uneasy every time they see this thread is refreshed by JCN
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

"Lietuvos Rytas" parts ways with Titus Ivory ("by mutual agreement") and brings over Darius Pakamanis instead, whom they'd loaned to "Šiauliai" previously.

Comment

I have always dreamed of a coach who would not be afraid to make the needed changes in team. Sagadin seems to be the one! ; - )

Comment

Shumpert cut by Fortitudo and signed by Benetton
          http://www.fortitudobologna.it/

Faber quisquis fortitudinis suae.

Comment

Originally posted by YYY
            I have always dreamed of a coach who would not be afraid to make the needed changes in team. Sagadin seems to be the one! ; - )
            I'd like to warn you. Sagadin's middle season players aren't cheap! I hope you have a big budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius123
              "Lietuvos Rytas" parts ways with Titus Ivory ("by mutual agreement") and brings over Darius Pakamanis instead, whom they'd loaned to "Šiauliai" previously.
              expected, Sagadin doesn't get along this kind of players... I'd expect some more players leaving, but as Pija said Sagadin's spending rushes can be dangerous- some of it in history pushed Olimpija close to the edge...
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Pakamanis isn't that expensive, but it's interesting how many they will pay to Kareem Rush if the contract will be signed.

Comment

Originally posted by alfas
                  Pakamanis isn't that expensive, but it's interesting how many they will pay to Kareem Rush if the contract will be signed.
                  I've heard Kareem Rush was offered around for 700.000$ untill the end of the season.

Comment

Another signing by Lietuvos Rytas. This time the current LKL champions concluded long-term contract with 18 year old Martynas Gecevičius from Sakalai Vilnius.
                    Martynas was one of the leaders of the Lithuanian U-18 team, which won silver last summer in European championship in Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas
                      Another signing by Lietuvos Rytas. This time the current LKL champions concluded long-term contract with 18 year old Martynas Gecevičius from Sakalai Vilnius.
                      Martynas was one of the leaders of the Lithuanian U-18 team, which won silver last summer in European championship in Greece.
                      How much money has Vainauskas given to Sagadin for signings and transfers?

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas
                        Wow.Surely Sagadin wont love his defense game..
                        Did he goes for Rytas right away,or he will stay in Sakalai until the end of the season?maybe you can give us some more details about the contract?

Comment

In 2-3 years Rytas will sign a contract with Uleb for EL and not Zalgiris.

Comment

Originally posted by Manu Ginobili
                            Did he goes for Rytas right away,or he will stay in Sakalai until the end of the season?maybe you can give us some more details about the contract?
                            No details of Gecevičius' contract were provided to the media. The only detail was "longterm".

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
                            In 2-3 years Rytas will sign a contract with Uleb for EL and not Zalgiris.
                            Everything might happen. The best thing, that could come true is Euroleague expansion, so both Lithuanian superclubs would have a place in the league.

Comment

Everything might happen. The best thing, that could come true is Euroleague expansion, so both Lithuanian superclubs would have a place in the league.
                              Is this sure? I mean i would also welcome a second place for Serbia and 3 for Russia. But Serbia will not get the second place directly, but perhaps above NLB league. The champion then will be able to play in EL and so the country from which the champion is would have 2 places. But for me Uleb has to change a lot do be fair to all clubs and not only to the big ones and the countries were is the big money. They have to do something like in football and not give a country 4 places for example italy and the clubs from italy sucks since 2-3 years now and get weaker from year to year. I would also welcome to close the market to buy new players at the begining of november and then open it again in February for 2 weeks or so. I would also like to see that players which played for a team which plays in Uleb Cup and change the team can´t play in EL or Uleb Cup for this season. And a maximum of 3 americans per team would also be good. I hate it so see Teams like Alba Berlin. They play with 8 americans and 4 of them are always on the court. In Fiba Euro Cup only 2 americans per team are allowed. Long live FIBA.

But the question is when the expansion will come. Uleb would like to do it, but FIBA is against it i heared, beacuse then the FIBA competitions will become weaker, but they are also weak now. Have you some new information about the expansion?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information