PDA

View Full Version : Championship Game : Gilas vs Iran (Fiba-Asia)

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Well Gilas will miss Douthit badly with this Game because of his injury. But they got the Heart and 6th man from the crowd.

While Iran is still dominating every opponent they encounter.

CKR13
08-10-2013, 02:23 PM
I feel that the Philippines will give their all in this one. They are booked for Spain and have nothing to lose really. As for Iran, they want that championship.

Dtown
08-10-2013, 02:30 PM
I'd love to see Gilas win, even if it would cause the board to crash, but Iran just seems the class of this tournament. Just a couple levels above everyone else.

budz17
08-10-2013, 02:34 PM
with a full and fit team, we may have a chance, but as it is, douthit is out I believe, and two of the three remaining frontcourt players, de ocampo and pingris are playing injured and japeth is too thin.

iran will win this but I don't care. Big fighting heart for our boys. I'm so proud of them.

greenarcher
08-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Both teams getting their revenge against their 2011 tormentors. What a fairytale ending to the FIBA Asia Championships.

lakers4sho
08-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Iran by 15+, seems like Philippines is satisfied just to qualify for Spain judging by the way they were celebrating after the win vs Korea

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 03:37 PM
I feel that the Philippines will give their all in this one. They are booked for Spain and have nothing to lose really. As for Iran, they want that championship.

I feel the same. I just hope GILAS will give them a hard time getting that Championship.

greenarcher
08-10-2013, 03:40 PM
A <10pt loss will be as good as a championship for me.

weward
08-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Douthit said he is out for tomorrow.
Pingris injured his hamstring(?)
RDO has ankle and knee injuries.

We are left with Japeth and Junemar. But maybe RDO will still play. He played throughout the tournament.
I hope they give junemar some plays in offense. I think he can score double digits against Kardoust. Maybe some against Haddadi. But junemar is too slow for our fast paced team and a liability in defense. But if it is to just put a body on their bigs, junemar's 270lbs. I just hope he doesnt use his hands to defend. This is not PBA. lol

losing by less than 20pts is already good. winning the championship will be a miracle. lol

chester25
08-10-2013, 04:56 PM
i believe. still. lol.

Federoy
08-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Iran has clearly been the class of this tournament, and they will likely win the gold medal. However, despite the injuries suffered by the Philippines, they have momentum coming off their semi-final win, tremendous crowd support, and most importantly, they don't have the pressure of qualifying for the World Cup, so they can play as underdogs against the Iranians which is a huge psychological advantage.

VII
08-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Time to give fajardo a run. See how he fare against top opposition. He may be the future of the team with his age still in his 20s. In any case, theres no shame in losing to this iranians. They have been setting the standard in asian ball for quite a while now.
And give David a full game. Coz im pretty sure it will be his last game in Gilas uniform. He may be the current scoring champion in the PBA, But the man's game just doesnt suit international competition.

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 05:49 PM

We are left with Japeth and Junemar. But maybe RDO will still play. He played throughout the tournament.
I hope they give junemar some plays in offense. I think he can score double digits against Kardoust. Maybe some against Haddadi. But junemar is too slow for our fast paced team and a liability in defense. But if it is to just put a body on their bigs, junemar's 270lbs. I just hope he doesnt use his hands to defend. This is not PBA. lol

losing by less than 20pts is already good. winning the championship will be a miracle. lol

Its time for Junemar to step-up and show his real talent. I will not be surprised if he dominates haddadi.:)

seigle42
08-10-2013, 06:31 PM

what? oh no! I'm hoping they're now healthy. It's not over yet and just play and win!

interxavierxxx
08-10-2013, 07:38 PM
This is hard to call. I want my team to win but Iran is hard to beat. Playing Iran is probably like trying to solve a Rubik's cube within 40 minutes. I don't know how our coaches will approach this but I do hope we can avoid a rout for the sake of the Filipino people. We don't have Douthit tomorrow and two of our players are playing injured, so grabbing a win is like the cherry on top of the big cake (World Cup berth).

I'll be happy if we can at least keep the game close. Good luck to both teams.

lbj_19
08-11-2013, 01:47 AM
I hope Gilas would still be focused on the task at hand today, but it would be hard to after a very emotional win. Either way it will be a very big task for them with lots of injuries on the Gilas side. But also heard that Nika Bahrami is also injured and playing on one knee, didn't see him get injured in any games so can anyone confirm this?

On another hand, Great win by Gilas yday, all heart. Pingris was huge with the energy he brought. Same can be said about Jimmy, jason, Rdo and Gabe. That block by Gabe on Kim Mg was huge.

Silent Killer
08-11-2013, 02:04 AM
11 players will play tonight including pingris and de ocampo. It'll be a tough game against the iranians..

F-15Eagle
08-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Iran is just too much for gilas much more with a depleted front court. I would be happy with an under 10 point loss

Kryptheo
08-11-2013, 02:09 AM
Gilas will win this in a very dramatic fashion, by 3 points, Hadadi fouled out, Gilas gunners will shot Iran down, or at least it's what I've seen in my dream last night. Time for me to find out if I have inherited the gift that my mother and her lineage possess, it usually comes around when they are in their 30's and I'm at that age. Congrats Gilas for being the Fiba Asia champion!

UMUT_FB_LAL
08-11-2013, 02:32 AM
Playing Iran is probably like trying to solve a Rubik's cube within 40 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-M1vmnm_kQ

merps baller the return
08-11-2013, 02:54 AM
Release the kraken!

Sphinxter27
08-11-2013, 03:04 AM
I am satisfied with the Silver, and Gold is one step away, why not shoot for it? Even with the injuries of RDO, Pingris, Jayson and Douthit I believe they will risk and give everything they got. With the momentum we gained from the Korea game, I still believe we can surpass the expectations! Gilas for Gold! Puso!

weward
08-11-2013, 04:14 AM
we will be outrun by Iran. Kamrany is the man.
He will look good today.

ramonmagdalo
08-11-2013, 05:16 AM
This is hard to call. I want my team to win but Iran is hard to beat. Playing Iran is probably like trying to solve a Rubik's cube within 40 minutes. I don't know how our coaches will approach this but I do hope we can avoid a rout for the sake of the Filipino people. We don't have Douthit tomorrow and two of our players are playing injured, so grabbing a win is like the cherry on top of the big cake (World Cup berth).

I'll be happy if we can at least keep the game close. Good luck to both teams.

What's your prediction then?

durden_tyler
08-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Iran by 52 points.

Or if we manage to make it close... Philippines win via a buzzer beating 3 pointer.

ramzaruglia
08-11-2013, 05:32 AM
I read that people are still whining over the Philippines winning against SoKor. I've got one hashtag for you numbskulls:

#DealWithIT

Lester Bo McCalebb
08-11-2013, 05:37 AM
I am satisfied with the Silver, and Gold is one step away, why not shoot for it? Even with the injuries of RDO, Pingris, Jayson and Douthit I believe they will risk and give everything they got. With the momentum we gained from the Korea game, I still believe we can surpass the expectations! Gilas for Gold! Puso!

Hi man.Do you know Whether or not Chot Reyes was chinese origin?

interxavierxxx
08-11-2013, 06:27 AM
What's your prediction then?

Iran by less than 10.

durden_tyler
08-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Word is we'll be resting players tonight...

So that we won't be scouted for the FIBA Worlds!

behzadir
08-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Iranian fans already in the house chanting Iran Iran ... getting booed by Pinoys:D

FrankieJB
08-11-2013, 10:52 AM
If Pinoys want to win they will have to contain Iran under 65 points, because so far Iranians haven't left any team to score over that mark... :P

interxavierxxx
08-11-2013, 10:57 AM
If Pinoys want to win they will have to contain Iran under 65 points, because so far Iranians haven't left any team to score over that mark... :P

lol there's always the possibility of having a low-scoring ball game. Low as in less than 50 points per team. :P

OT: It's nice to see Zaid Al-Khas of Jordan sporting a suit and tie in the Al-Jazeera Sports room.

Nimaa
08-11-2013, 11:25 AM
http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=6385

great quality

Kutsuit
08-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I think Iran will win but it would be nice to see the Philippines lift the trophy for the first time in ages!

Bad_Shot
08-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Low Scoring Game, Great Game so far!

durden_tyler
08-11-2013, 11:57 AM
We can't afford to trail big against this very potent Iran team.

Nimaa
08-11-2013, 12:07 PM
the president of PH is in the house

behzadir
08-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Not a good time for a technical problem with the scoreboard... Iran was gaining some momentum with that 7-0 run.

interxavierxxx
08-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Not a good time for a technical problem with the scoreboard... Iran was gaining some momentum with that 7-0 run.

FIBA equipment: Defective as always.

durden_tyler
08-11-2013, 12:13 PM
FIBA equipment: Defective as always.

Or as per twitter jokes: shotclock Made in China.

Nimaa
08-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Or as per twitter jokes: shotclock Made in China.

Nothing wrong with Chinese products anymore

that joke belongs in the 90's

FrankieJB
08-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Aren't Asian teams not smart enough to understand the point of fouling to stop fastbreaks?!

Bad_Shot
08-11-2013, 12:26 PM
1 point lead by Iran end of 1st half

interxavierxxx
08-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Aren't Asian teams not smart enough to understand the point of fouling to stop fastbreaks?!

We're smart enough to know many of our key players are approaching foul trouble and it's only the end of the first half.

Bad_Shot
08-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Nothing wrong with Chinese products anymore

that joke belongs in the 90's
Are you kidding? All the fake products in the world are all made in China even Today.
Of course China have those standard and higher quality but compare to those fake products, It still outnumber them.

behzadir
08-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Dumb refereeing throughout the half... First a few missed calls against Iran and then they try to make up for it with calling crappy fouls and also pointing out the wrong direction on and out of bound... let alone the travel call on Afagh.

Officiating in Asia is at a really poor level, we've seen it throughout the tournament.

Ruzi
08-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Fishy calls by the referees. It looks like they got imitated by the crowd. One wrong call against Philippines and then several bad calls against Iran. Last one was just ridiculous. FIBA should look to this. Poor game anyway.

Bad_Shot
08-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Dumb refereeing throughout the half... First a few missed calls against Iran and then they try to make up for it with calling crappy fouls and also pointing out the wrong direction on and out of bound... let alone the travel call on Afagh.

Officiating in Asia is at a really poor level, we've seen it throughout the tournament.

There is no perfect officiating, not today, not tomorrow, and not the past.
This is a fair play officiating. Are you too dumb to see that? Dont just see the calls and no calls to Iran, see also the clls and no calls for gilas. Because there are too many of those between them.

Ruzi
08-11-2013, 12:56 PM
That elbow by Samad was unnecessary. He got himself in trouble for nothing.

Nimaa
08-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Are you kidding? All the fake products in the world are all made in China even Today.
Of course China have those standard and higher quality but compare to those fake products, It still outnumber them.

They make shit products b/c developing countries can only afford shit products. They also make fantastic products for richer countries.

It's about how much you want to spend.

FrankieJB
08-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Overall I'm not sure this Iran team has more talent than Pina's team, but they definitely have a better basketball IQ. That last 3pter never should have happened.

FrankieJB
08-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Iran has already 66 points, it's done for Pinas :(

Ruzi
08-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Filipinos are playing in home ground so they have a boost right there. Iranian team was under pressure by the crowd in first and somehow second Quarter. Filipino team has many talents Alapag and Pigris are my favorites.

Jon_Koncak
08-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey guys i got a q.Are there actually better filipino players that dont play in the NT because their league doesnt allow them?If yes,how many of them?

Buran
08-11-2013, 01:19 PM
I am not sure what has been the most annoying part of this game, listening to these FIBA commentators, watching the not so clean game by Philippines or the officiating

Nimaa
08-11-2013, 01:22 PM
I am not sure what has been the most annoying part of this game, listening to these FIBA commentators, watching the not so clean game by Philippines or the officiating

lol for me it's been the pronounciations

"a fag"
"sakakian"

Ruzi
08-11-2013, 01:22 PM

Ma ke darim mibarim. hala bezar harchi mikhan zoor bezanan. bazi male mast.

CKR13
08-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Congratulations to Iran. Well deserved championship and mission accomplished.

ctongco
Congratulations Iran!! Well deserved champions...

Congratulations Gilas! you made us proud

durden_tyler
Congrats Iran. You're a complete team, great coaching and great stars. You deserve this championship.

greenarcher
08-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Hadadi's house inside the paint looks really nice. But still, congrats to Iran. They are masters of FIBA ball.

AlYuson
08-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Congrats to Iran..what a dominating performance. Winning every game by double digits.

Buran
08-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Congrats to all Iran fans and also a big congrats to Philippines for the world championship qualification and also hosting a great tournament. It was well overdue for the basketball-loving nation of Philippines to be back at the world stage.

budz17
08-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Can somebody post the score please

AlYuson
08-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Final score:

85-71 for iran.

Nimaa
08-11-2013, 01:42 PM
lol at that saudi

his fat behind must be burning

interxavierxxx
08-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Congrats to all Iran fans and also a big congrats to Philippines for the world championship qualification and also hosting a great tournament. It was well overdue for the basketball-loving nation of Philippines to be back at the world stage.

Thank you and congrats to Iran for winning gold. See you in Spain next year!

budz17
08-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Congrats to iran we'll get you next time hehe.

Bad_Shot
08-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Congratulation to Iran, They really are strong!!!
As for Gilas, You did your best and we appreciate it. You guys did a hell job giving of giving a Hard Time on Iran getting that Championship without Douthit.

Hey guys i got a q.Are there actually better filipino players that dont play in the NT because their league doesnt allow them?If yes,how many of them? Its not the league that doesnt allow them, its their Ball club.

Dtown
08-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Congrats to Iran, they were the class of the tournament from first game to the last.

Epithetless
08-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Congratulations Iran, what a great run for the whole tourney.
Great job Gilas! Thanks for bringing us back to the WC!

eng.oam
08-11-2013, 01:51 PM
so we are champions!

damnhue
08-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Great game. If only douthit was able to play, we would have a higher chance in seizing the gold.

Killswitch
08-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Thank you for this fight Iran. We'll get you next time. :)

Buran
08-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Thank you and congrats to Iran for winning gold. See you in Spain next year!

Thank you. good luck to us all in Spain!

Los
08-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Great tournament...see you all in Spain. Team Asia represent good luck.

ak1105
08-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Congrats to iran and thank you gilas..

mohsena2631
08-11-2013, 02:51 PM
lol at that saudi

his fat behind must be burning

He is FIBA Asia president from Qatar ;)

mohsena2631
08-11-2013, 02:57 PM

haha you have a good point :D

anyhow I can bet most of those stupid calls (if not all) were from that Kazakh referee. everytime I see that idiot before the game, I know we will be in trouble with officiating. poor Kazakh didn't finish his job today. the other two refs were not coordinate with him. lol

Winterbeat
08-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Those FIBA commentators were obviously rooting for the Philippines. Everybody loves to root for the underdogs.

Watching 6'5" De Ocampo battling 7'2" Haddadi at the paint almost looked comical. Our boys made a stand and weren't intimidated, but the size of Iran was too much to overwhelm. It's apparent that Philippines' gameplan right from the start was to run at every opportunity and for a stretch it worked, but Iran were able to keep up. In the 3rd quarter, they just started playing "bully" ball with Bahrami and Haddadi.

Well deserved Iran. Dominant all throughout the tournament.

stuart
08-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Iran took gold overtaking the Philippines in the Asia Basketball Championships final 85-71. Led by Hamed Haddadi – the Iranians won each one of their games by 10 points+ and finishing with a perfect 9-0 record in the 27th Asia Championships of Basketball. The Philippines played without their starting center Marcus Douthit for the second straight game, so the 7-2 Haddadi dominated the smaller Gilas Filipinas team with 29 points and 16 rebounds...

http://www.interbasket.net/news/12952/2013/08/iran-is-asia-basketball-champs-defeats-philippines-85-71/ (http://www.interbasket.net/news/12952/2013/08/iran-is-asia-basketball-champs-defeats-philippines-85-71/)