PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Final Game : Philippines vs South Korea

CKR13
08-09-2013, 04:29 PM
I think the Philippines will win this one and it is very much due. A berth for the World Cup in Spain is at stake here and the final blockade for the Philippines return to the worlds is an age long nemesis. If the Philippines gets the crowd going early in the first quarter, Korea will fade, much like they did against Chinese Taipei in the Jones Cup.

greenarcher
08-09-2013, 04:33 PM
No better way of entering the World Championships than doing it at the expense of a long-time rival.

There is no more Sunday. Tomorrow is the championship game. It's win or go home time!

Bad_Shot
08-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Man this is very exiting. Korea always killing the Philippines in the very last seconds. I hope it will never happen again.

lbj_19
08-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Im a bit worried about Gilas at this point. This Korean team is young, but they are skilled and very active and disciplined defenders and quick on the break. Usually capitalizes on the other team's mistakes. And as long as I have been watching basketball in all levels, I haven't seen a team use the 1-3-1 zone as effective as this Korean team. 1-3-1 zone is a very tough defensive zone to break if the team employing it does it correctly by moving and being extra active. It also helps that they have Kim JS long arms to bother any passes to the inside. They are also shooting the ball really well. Haven't had a bad game all tourney long and hopefully it would be their time to miss and have a bad shooting day tommorrow.

I do hope Chot and his staff are watching film right now and be able to break than zone defense. One edge I do see for Gilas is their experience. Lets see tomorrow and hopefully it would be a great result for Gilas.

CKR13
08-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Im a bit worried about Gilas at this point. This Korean team is young, but they are skilled and very active and disciplined defenders and quick on the break. Usually capitalizes on the other team's mistakes. And as long as I have been watching basketball in all levels, I haven't seen a team use the 1-3-1 zone as effective as this Korean team. 1-3-1 zone is a very tough defensive zone to break if the team employing it does it correctly by moving and being extra active. It also helps that they have Kim JS long arms to bother any passes to the inside. They are also shooting the ball really well. Haven't had a bad game all tourney long and hopefully it would be their time to miss and have a bad shooting day tommorrow.

I do hope Chot and his staff are watching film right now and be able to break than zone defense. One edge I do see for Gilas is their experience. Lets see tomorrow and hopefully it would be a great result for Gilas.

Plus the homecourt advantage. Some of the Korean players are young and could get rattled when the crowd goes on a frenzy either from a long range bomb or an Aguilar dunk.

F-15Eagle
08-09-2013, 04:52 PM
No better way of entering the World Championships than doing it at the expense of a long-time rival.

There is no more Sunday. Tomorrow is the championship game. It's win or go home time!
There will be if CT upsets Iran lol

lbj_19
08-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Plus the homecourt advantage. Some of the Korean players are young and could get rattled when the crowd goes on a frenzy either from a long range bomb or an Aguilar dunk.

Yup, hopefully that too would happen.

interxavierxxx
08-09-2013, 04:56 PM
This will be a trickier assignment as Korea has more than two players who need to be marked. Kazakhstan only had Jonson and Ponomarev so tight defense on those two did wonders for us. For Korea, we have to keep up with their up-tempo game and defense. It's not an easy assignment but we have to fight till the very end!

CKR13
08-09-2013, 05:00 PM
I find these cool.

Japeth "Air" Aguilar
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/537169_10151813179791271_582882094_n.jpg

Cho Sung-Min
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/1098324_10151813176286271_1432905280_n.jpg

lbj_19
08-09-2013, 05:02 PM
This guy Cho is really good. High basketball Iq. He is not that fast or athletic but still finds ways to score and get his points.

lbj_19
08-09-2013, 05:03 PM
This will be a trickier assignment as Korea has more than two players who need to be marked. Kazakhstan only had Jonson and Ponomarev so tight defense on those two did wonders for us. For Korea, we have to keep up with their up-tempo game and defense. It's not an easy assignment but we have to fight till the very end!

Yup as I said as well. This should entail 40 mins of hard work and discipline plus some luck.

AlYuson
08-09-2013, 05:05 PM
To prepare myself for heartbreaking semifinals game..im predicting a south korea victory over smart gilas phils.

bristron
08-09-2013, 05:15 PM
I think the Philippines will win this one and it is very much due. A berth for the World Cup in Spain is at stake here and the final blockade for the Philippines return to the worlds is an age long nemesis. If the Philippines gets the crowd going early in the first quarter, Korea will fade, much like they did against Chinese Taipei in the Jones Cup.

Korean fans worry about homecourt advantages. They(& I) believe we can win this game if referee call is fair.

Korea team is improving even during the championship. They will not fade easily. They become defferent team compare to jones cup. Coach Yoo Jaehak even practice team deffense during ral games.

P.S no offense, I think Phillipine vs Taiwan game will be a very exiting game. really wonder Phillipine can revenge.

CKR13
08-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Korean fans worry about homecourt advantages. They(& I) believe we can win this game if referee call is fair.

Korea team is improving even during the championship. They will not fade easily. They become defferent team compare to jones cup. Coach Yoo Jaehak even practice team deffense during ral games.

I believe that referees will be fair tomorrow. It will be a game to watch.

Yes, I have seen Korea handle Iran much better in the first round compared to the Jones Cup. So far, Korea is rolling and this will be a very good game. Their defense is much improved due to practicing with foreign players. Korea is a resilient and discipline team.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow.

ctongco
08-09-2013, 05:24 PM
I get nervous everytime we face Korea. Talent wise, it's pretty much even... but somehow Korea seems to get the better of us in major tournaments, and they usually do it dramatically...

Hoping for a Pilipinas victory tomorrow.

Best of luck to both teams (a bit more for Pilipinas :) )

Butata
08-09-2013, 05:39 PM
I wonder who Jinri Park will be rooting for tomorrow.:D:D:D

budz17
08-09-2013, 06:41 PM
with no real offense in the post, korea mostly relies on teamwork and defense to win games. I don't think they have played a team that is as quick as them yet in this tournament. we'll see tomorrow if philippines quickness will give them problems. this team does'not look as scary shooting from the outside compared to past korean teams. I wonder if they would be willing to engage philippines to a shootout tomorrow.

Bad_Shot
08-09-2013, 06:54 PM
with no real offense in the post, korea mostly relies on teamwork and defense to win games. I don't think they have played a team that is as quick as them yet in this tournament. we'll see tomorrow if philippines quickness will give them problems. this team does'not look as scary shooting from the outside compared to past korean teams. I wonder if they would be willing to engage philippines to a shootout tomorrow.
They may not look like it because of Haddadi but Iran is also a quick and very aggressive team.

VII
08-09-2013, 07:15 PM
What I hate about gilas is some of its players tendency to play hero ball and losing momentum after long streak like the way they played against taipei and qatar were they were leading by big margin only for the other team to cut it down. They were also in danger of letting the Kazakhstan close the gap until they imploded in the last half.
Lets hope the home crowd plays a part and the team play desperation defense which i saw them play against qatar.

budz17
08-09-2013, 08:06 PM
What I hate about gilas is some of its players tendency to play hero ball and losing momentum after long streak like the way they played against taipei and qatar were they were leading by big margin only for the other team to cut it down. They were also in danger of letting the Kazakhstan close the gap until they imploded in the last half.
Lets hope the home crowd plays a part and the team play desperation defense which i saw them play against qatar.

lets give credit where credit is due. the kazakh game was very physical. a lesser team would have just mailed it in. not Gilas.

the kazakhs made a game of it by getting hot in 3pt land in the first half. when that went away, its all downhill by then. again, despite the physicality of kazakhstan, the players never backed down.

FARIDOON
08-10-2013, 06:06 AM
No player in the line-up of Korea can guard a healthy Marcus Douthit, they are just lucky that Marcus is hurting right now. Man-to-Man defense is the key in beating South Korea, Kim Joo-Sung versus Japeth Aguilar later this evening..

FrankieJB
08-10-2013, 06:35 AM
The D day has come, Pilipinas! I want to believe! The opportunity is for you to seize and make history!
My best wishes to you, beloved rainbow nation!!

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 11:25 AM
If Douthit can physically play posting up on offense with his injury then Gilas have a chance.
We cant rely too much on outside shooting with the speedy tough defense of Korea.

J-Mart
08-10-2013, 11:35 AM
how much time till gametime?

kang2
08-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Philippines v Korea livestream_ http://kimchitv.blogspot.com

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 11:41 AM
how much time till gametime?
About 15 minutes

JGX
08-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Philippines having success when the guards penetrate, shouldn't take so many quick jump shots.

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Douthit is limping. OMG!!!

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Gilas is still hanging on despite with no center on the court. Pingris and De OCampo are only 6'5

I hope they can keep this up!

budz17
08-10-2013, 01:16 PM
down to three big men, aguilar, de ocampo and pingris. maybe gabe can help us out as well. castro should touch the ball everytime

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 01:25 PM
The Blur Jason Castro is taking charge

JGX
08-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Just like the Chinese Taipei game...big third quarter...hopefully no fourth quarter collapse this time.

Or like the 2011 third place game.

J-Mart
08-10-2013, 01:40 PM
lots of people about to get crazy in here...10 more minutes...

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Just like the Chinese Taipei game...big third quarter...hopefully no fourth quarter collapse this time.

Plz Dont, Gilas Just Hang on There. Win this Game!

UMUT_FB_LAL
08-10-2013, 01:49 PM
My, my, my, what a great game

Big four-point-play

And now 73-74 Korea...

Philippines force threes a little too much

EDIT: And why shouldn't they??????????????

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 01:59 PM
What A GAME!!! This should be the best game of the tournament so far.

FrankieJB
08-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Alapag playing hero-ball... and it works!!

Dtown
08-10-2013, 02:02 PM
CONGRATS TO THE PHILIPPINES!

Welcome back to the World Cup :D

FrankieJB
They made it!! Congrats!! We'll see you in Spain next year! At last!! Big heart, big big. Well deserved for that bball-crazy nation!

Bad_Shot
Gilas in World CUP!!!
Thank GOD we have beaten Korea at Last!

FrankieJB
08-10-2013, 02:03 PM
What A GAME!!! This should be the best game of the tournament so far.

Agree, both because of the atmosphere, the upset and also the suspense.

CKR13
08-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Congratulations to the Philippines. Second half was just all heart and battled through every adversary. As for Korea, they hanged in there but the Philippines had just too much fight in them.

mohsena2631
08-10-2013, 02:06 PM
wow, Congrats to Philippines, I didn't see that coming. Korea lacked a leader in crucial moments

greenarcher
08-10-2013, 02:08 PM
We played All-Filipino bitches.

CKR13
08-10-2013, 02:09 PM
What a game from Kim Min-Goo, young man played his heart out in a game where Cho Sung-Min faltered.

Winterbeat
08-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Korean demons exorcised 27 years in the making!

b3lowzro
08-10-2013, 02:16 PM
wow, Congrats to Philippines, I didn't see that coming. Korea lacked a leader in crucial moments

Korea missed Oh Se-Keun badly.

Bad_Shot
We played All-Filipino bitches.

Blessing in Disguise. When we made the run, their is no Aguilar nor Doutit in there. There are 3 point guard and 2 forward on the floor. Im still speechless

One word: spaaaaiiiiiiin!!!!!!!!!!!!

JGX
08-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Heh, Alapag's questionable shot selection paid off. Great win for the Philippines, seemed like Korea hit every big shot.

logbi77
Marc Pingris 16 PTS 10 REBS 7-8 FG
Ranidel De Ocampo 11 PTS 6 REBS 3 ASTS
Jason William 17 PTS 8-13 FG
Jimmy Alapag 14 PTS 4-7 3PT FG

GREAT GAME FROM THOSE GUYS!!! THANK YOU!!!

bristron

P.S no offense, I think Phillipine vs Taiwan game will be a very exiting game. really wonder Phillipine can revenge.

As I worried before, it become referee's game. 2Q non foul calls and 3Q offensive call made RP's point advantage. And in 4Q, RP's guards could shoot open 3p cuz their bigman's hard screen didn't called offensive foul.

I can't call it fair referees.

Next time I wish fair calls, nad good games.

Killswitch
08-10-2013, 02:24 PM
The curse is broken!!!!

budz17
08-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Thank God.

We won.

Big fighting heart by the boys.

The 2002 nightmare is finally over.

Props to South Korea, the victory was sweeter because you brought the best out of us.

budz17
08-10-2013, 02:27 PM
As I worried before, it become referee's game. 2Q non foul calls and 3Q offensive call made RP's point advantage. And in 4Q, RP's guards could shoot open 3p cuz their bigman's hard screen didn't called offensive foul.

Unfair to post this. Korea lost, fair and square. what game were you watching?

budz17
08-10-2013, 02:32 PM
sore loser sighting in the house!!!!

Don't rain on our party:mad::p

logbi77
08-10-2013, 02:33 PM

PERSONAL FOULS

PHI - 20 KOR 10

FT attempts

PHI - 6 KOR - 17

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/4142/08/69/89/66eIA2ud6RQsE/

10 more fouls called on PHI and 11 more FT attempts for KOR.

budz17
08-10-2013, 02:37 PM

PERSONAL FOULS

PHI - 20 KOR 10

FT attempts

PHI - 6 KOR - 17

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/4142/08/69/89/66eIA2ud6RQsE/

10 more fouls called on PHI and 11 more FT attempts for KOR.

oh my, what do you say now, bristron?

fadzki
08-10-2013, 02:38 PM

two words: sore loser!!!

Killswitch
08-10-2013, 02:44 PM

Wow. What about that Sandrin flop? And what about the light body check fouls? Hahaha. Try to analyze the game and not just watch it.

durden_tyler
08-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Still, thank you Korea. Despite the heartaches of the past, tonight you again played SK basketball as we know it. Go beat Taiwan tomorrow and join us in Spain.

saalsapr
08-10-2013, 02:47 PM
One of the best games of the tournament, congratulations to the Philippines for making it to the Finals and getting a ticket to Spain!

greenarcher
08-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Still, thank you Korea. Despite the heartaches of the past, tonight you again played SK basketball as we know it. Go beat Taiwan tomorrow and join us in Spain.

Taiwan deserves a shot at Spain. It's a fitting farewell for enemies we love to hate, Tseng Wen Ting and Lin Chi Chieh.

I want to see a shootout tomorrow.

fadzki
08-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Taiwan deserves a shot at Spain. It's a fitting farewell for enemies we love to hate, Tseng Wen Ting and Lin Chi Chieh.

The 3rd place game tomorrow will be the one to watch, while the in the finals Gilas might play a little loose and that might work well against Iran who are a bit pressured coz there goal was to win it all...

lakers4sho
08-10-2013, 03:35 PM
another living testament that #KobeSystem works

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Replay http://www.pinoy-ako.info/more-videos/91873-fiba-asia-championship-2013-semifinals-gilas-pilipinas-vs-south-korea.html#sthash.C8l9OPDs.dpbs

chenacinerba
08-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Great game!

Was so silent the whole game coz I don't want to celebrate early and get my heartbroken after the game.

We can all move on from that heartbreaking loss in the 2002 Asian Games.

Was in tears.

Can't believe this. I opened an account here just because of the FIBA WC 2010. Now I'm back after 3 years because PH got a ticket to the FIBA WC in Spain next year! Woot!

otneib
08-10-2013, 03:51 PM
who would have thunk a BB world cup without China and Korea representing Asia? CT could make that a reality tomorrow.

yogaflame
08-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Thank you Lord for these victory. Thanks also to South Korea for a great competition, good luck to us both of our teams.

Butata
08-10-2013, 04:04 PM

I also think Taiwan deserves a slot in the World Cup. And if they win tomorrow, expect a Jeremy Lin sighting in Spain 2014.

chenacinerba
08-10-2013, 04:05 PM
As the saying goes "Things happen for a reason."

That reason was TONIGHT.

Super elated right now. There's a replay daw of the game after KAZ vs. QAT. Gonna wait for it. =D

greenarcher
08-10-2013, 04:11 PM
I also think Taiwan deserves a slot in the World Cup. And if they win tomorrow, expect a Jeremy Lin sighting in Spain 2014.

Not gonna happen with the 16-year-old passport rule.

bristron
08-10-2013, 04:16 PM
oh my, what do you say now, bristron?

Also expected replys from RP fans.

Stats can be useless sometimes.
If u made more foul and that doesn't call, that's unfair.
and basketball is sports of flow. referees ruin flow in important time. that cant count on stats.

and I'm talking about referee problem. not rp's problem.
but some guys act too much. i think thats cuz they know they had benefit from referee.

Home court advantage call can be occure.
thats not a rp' fault.
but im not happy cuz bad call/non call is too much.
Ur players did good as we cant cover home calls.

But U can see the real result in long term. cuz u can't held all competition.

JGX
08-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Why didn't Korea foul when they were down 5 with 45 seconds left?

darren_simion
08-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Why didn't Korea foul when they were down 5 with 45 seconds left?

They were trying to but according to Bristron, the referees were not calling it. :p

budz17
08-10-2013, 04:30 PM

and basketball is sports of flow. referees ruin flow in important time. that cant count on stats.

but some guys act too much. i think thats cuz they know they had benefit from referee.

thats not a rp' fault.

are you accusing our players of flopping, LOL. just look at eric sandrin falling like a log at a slight push.

yes, stats can be deceiving but LOL we were called for more fouls than your team, don't even mention the goaltending that should have been counted on Pingris' shot but the referees opted to not count it.

what else? can't accept the fact that your team with the bigger players lost the rebounding battle? we had pingris who is 6'4", ranidel de ocampo who is 6'5" who is playing with an MCL tear and a skinny japeth aguilar.

in case you forgot, the game is a semifinal match with a ticket to spain on the line, you would expect the referees to allow more contact in the game. this is to be expected. its not our fault your players cannot handle the pressure.

and finally, you were only in the game because of the best game of one of your players who kept making three point shots like they were lay ups. without him, your team would have been blown out in the fourth already.

mavrick_h
08-10-2013, 04:39 PM
congrats to Philippines well I thought Korea had the hand here but apparently they don't perform well under pressure.
Finally you guys are going to the WC after sometime now!

As for the final, everything's possible but logic says Iran.

Federoy
08-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Congrats Philippines! Good to see you guys back on the world stage.

i_luv_japanese_girls
08-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Hi. I would like to ask if anyone here knows where I can download the video replay of Smart Gilas vs. South Korea with good video quality? Video quality of at least 480p? Better if 1080p. Thanks in advance.

saints13
08-10-2013, 05:30 PM
the 1-3-1 junk defense by SoKor backfired on them... it suited well for Gilas' small frontline :)

VII
08-10-2013, 05:33 PM
They were trying to but according to Bristron, the referees were not calling it. :p

Does this guy know its not that hard to foul?????? Has he ever heard hack a shaq??? Im the biggest critic of rp ball but at least tonight they deserve this win without someone saying anything like bias call or non call from refs.

seigle42
08-10-2013, 06:27 PM
finally at last!

Kryptheo
08-10-2013, 11:39 PM

Don't you dare downplay our win. We fought sweat and blood for this deserving win. I had great respect for the Korean team as always but lost a lil bit of it when they(majority of them) didn't even had the sportsmanship to shake Gilas hands after the game. Respect for one great Korean American Eric Sandrin for having the initiative to congratulate and acknowledge Gilas.

DarknessFalls
08-10-2013, 11:46 PM

They would have to drop Quincy Davis, in the event Jeremy becomes naturalized. That wouldn't be worth it since Davis has been a big part of their success. Taiwan would lose more size and teams would just collapse on Jeremy. He'd be risking injury against the better teams. He already is loved in Taiwan, so there's really no rush for him to go play in FIBA.

damnhue
08-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Does this guy know its not that hard to foul?????? Has he ever heard hack a shaq??? Im the biggest critic of rp ball but at least tonight they deserve this win without someone saying anything like bias call or non call from refs.

You should learn how to read sarcasms.

RetiredJordanStopper
08-11-2013, 12:52 AM

Lame!

Maybe youre not used seeing hard picks,but thats how it should be played. No lame ass sissy screens here. That sort of excuse is why your team lost. soft as shit

Sphinxter27
08-11-2013, 02:50 AM
Congratz Gilas Pilipinas...

bristron
08-11-2013, 05:15 AM
Lame!

Maybe youre not used seeing hard picks,but thats how it should be played. No lame ass sissy screens here. That sort of excuse is why your team lost. soft as shit

i feel pity on you.
it was moving screen.
its basic. u can move when u do screen.

ricodgame
08-11-2013, 05:18 AM
just accept the fact the we won, your team lost.

even your players have accepted the defeat.

human nature. most probably if we lost the game we will blame the refs also, however the only difference is we will still accept that we lost to a better team.

i feel pity on you.
it was moving screen.

Jared03
08-11-2013, 05:21 AM
i feel pity on you.
it was moving screen.

which screen?there were lots of screens last night.
SK head coach doesn't even complain to the officiating last night, so why bother?

logbi77
08-11-2013, 05:23 AM
Yoo Jae Hak and Lee Seung Jun were giving praise to the Philippine team.

Yoo Jae-Hak with an interview with SBS-ESPN after the loss to the Philippines:

"They (Philippines) played better than us in the second half. They were making shot after shot and we lost our composure in the last three minutes."

Yoo said that they will give their all for their last game and a chance to make it to Spain.

On Korea, Yoo Jae-Hak said that there was no shame in losing to the Philippines after the game and that lifted their spirits a bit.

“He’s really strong. I mean, he beat us on all the hustle plays, those loose balls, rebounds and all the defensive stops,” Lee told Spin.ph after Gilas' 79-86 win in their highly-emotional Fiba-Asia semifinal match before more than 18,000 fans at the Mall of Asia Arena Saturday night.

"He was the biggest difference in the game."

- Lee on Marc Pingris

Toks
08-11-2013, 05:46 AM
The Philippines won this fair square despite some Korean flops and a goal tending that was not called against Korea

So one cannot claim bias towards the Philippines bec there were calls that should have not been (flops) and goal tending that should have been called

Overall, good game. The lamest game the Philippines played was vs Hong Kong.

Toks
08-11-2013, 05:57 AM
On a related note, I would love to hear from those who doubted Pingris and Alapag! They must be eating their dust now. Douthit must be proud that the team carried this game w/o him.

Bad_Shot
08-11-2013, 06:03 AM
The Philippines won this fair square despite some Korean flops and a goal tending that was not called against Korea

So one cannot claim bias towards the Philippines bec there were calls that should have not been (flops) and goal tending that should have been called

Overall, good game. The lamest game the Philippines played was vs Hong Kong.

I can understand briston because his team just lost. A Blame Game is cool, but no one is perfect. Refs make mistakes sometimes. If you watch the replay again (english commentator), it was a fair play.

Dotch
08-11-2013, 11:12 PM
i feel pity on you.
it was moving screen.

Better stop watching basketball man, because youre just embarrassing yourself with your pitiful excuses. Moving picks my ass, sheesh! heck, even your players admitted they lost to a better team. Get over it.

bristron
09-27-2014, 07:17 AM
2014. 9. 27. KOR 97 vs PHI 95

as I said before, that's the real result without your "over" homecourt advantage...

thats not a rp' fault.

reamily
09-28-2014, 06:00 PM
2014. 9. 27. KOR 97 vs PHI 95

as I said before, that's the real result without your "over" homecourt advantage...

[/COLOR]

till next game, maybe both of us have no homecourt advantage..:cool: